For older release history, see Release Notes.
- OpenSimulator 0.7.0.1 released.
- Long haitus on the project news wiki page ended! Folks - please feel free to add your news here.
-Unofficial OpenSimulator meetup - UK
-Presence Refactor in testing. (Friends, SQLite and HyperGrid still need implementation in this branch) link
-We're also looking for solid documentation writing. If you're interested, please subscribe to opensim-dev and send us a letter.
Version 0.6.8 has been released. Source packages can be downloaded at http://dist.opensimulator.org/.
Version 0.6.7 has been released. Source packages can be downloaded at http://dist.opensimulator.org/.
OpenSimulator has moved it's source repository to git. Please see Using Git for more details about setting up git to access the source repository. For anyone that can't use git, we're keeping a SVN mirror at http://opensimulator.org/svn/opensim-track/trunk.
Additionally, we have a viewgit for OpenSimulator at http://opensimulator.org/viewgit/?a=summary&p=opensim
Version 0.6.6 has been released. Source packages can be downloaded at http://dist.opensimulator.org/.
Starting in r9562 OpenSimulator has a set of new configuration variables that specify how services and service connectors are set up.
Please reference the Services and Service Connectors Configuration page for more information.
- There is a current proposal to drop Visual Studio 2005 support in OpenSimulator by end of May. Visual Studio 2008 will still be supported. If you have strong opinions on the matter, use the mailing lists to make your voice heard. (this proposal was approved)
- 13 Jan 2010 - iPhone App Sparkle IM 1.3.4 released which supports OpenSimulator grids
- 01 Jan 2010 - RealXtend releases first RC for naali, the realXtend and OpenSimulator Viewer
- 18 Nov 2009 - OpenSimulator in Intel Spotlight, Intel CTO Justin Rattner introduced OpenSimulator and ScienceSim at SC09 Super Computing Conference
- 03 Sep 2008 - Made in IBM Labs: IBM Moves Real-Time Communication and Collaboration Into 3-D (integrated with OpenSim)
- 21st Feb 2008 - Made in IBM Labs: IBM 3-D Data Centers Show Virtual Worlds Fit for Business
- 15th Feb 2008 - RealXtend joins OpenSim: Team up to make open source Virtual World standard
- 5th Feb 2008 - 3Di, Inc. Creates Voice Communication Function for Its Virtual World Application "Jin-sei"
- nebadon2025.com: HOW TO: Compile Mono 3.0.3 from source code [Universal *nix] (Sat, 09 Feb 2013 12:50:00 +0000)
- WorldSimTerra (Português, English, Español)
- Adam's OpenSimulator resources blog post - a list of resources for running OpenSimulator
- Rock Vacirca's Blog - lots of tutorials, not only on OpenSim, but on MySQL, Hippo, Second Inventory, etc
- justincc's blog - A blog with a weekly OpenSimulator development update and regular articles on various OpenSimulator topics.
- lbsa71.net - tidbits from an OpenSimulator developer.
- Mo Hax - posts and videos about OpenSimulator and Second Life from beginner perspective, focus on content previewing and educational use (No Page Information available)
- Metaverse3d - French blog about metaverse and OpenSimulator.
- Subwereld - A Dutch weblog about the OpenSimulator Project, the virtual world grids and OpenSimulator tools. (URI going to 404 Error)
- Maxping - A web magazine that writes about open source virtual worlds. (Verify URI / Domain, no informations available)
- Cyberlandia Blog - Italian blog about Opensim, hypergrid and virtual worlds (Blog never available)
- b5od Teravus Misc Blog - Teravus' technology blog about .NET, OpenSimulator, Security and other topics (OpenSimulator Tag) (Blogsystem in Maintenance-Modus for a long time)