OpenSimulator 0.7.3.1 is a minor point release. It contains a number of minor fixes on top of OpenSimulator 0.7.3. These are listed in sections below.
As ever, OpenSimulator is a highly complex piece of alpha software. It's very likely but not guaranteed to work and various usage scenarios (standalone, grid, hypergrid, etc.) in combination with different dependencies (e.g. different versions of mono on Linux/Mac) can produce unexpected or unstable behaviour. If it breaks you get to keep both pieces.
If you are upgrading from a version prior to 0.7.x, make sure to read the 0.7 Release notes. There have been extensive changes in OpenSimulator from 0.6.x to 0.7.
When you are upgrading, we strongly recommend that you start off with the default configuration files and port over any changes you made to your older version of OpenSimulator.
As this is a wiki page, please feel free to update it with more information about migration or other issues as and when these come to light.
You can download this release of OpenSimulator from http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Download
- Except for the MSSQL database plugin, there are no data migration changes between 0.7.3.1 and 0.7.3. For SQLite and MySQL one can go back from 0.7.3.1 to 0.7.3 without any database issues. The same may be true for MSSQL but this is untested. As always, please backup your databases before updating OpenSimulator.
- As this a minor point release, configuration files can simply be copied from 0.7.3 instead of manually merging in changes.
- Sometimes creating body parts or clothing fails with no error message. This is not consistent - work around is simply to try again.
- In a stock Linden Lab viewer 2/3, various tabs and buttons will point back to the Linden Lab website. In particular, the profile data will try to fetch from the Linden Lab website. It's not known currently how/whether this can be changed in the stock viewer.
- No form of prim equivalence is implemented for meshes.
- Loading scripts from the simulator library does not work properly.
- Multiple attachments on a single attachment point not supported. However, in viewers which do support multiple attachments, the enforcing of a single attachment on the simulator end should be much smoother.
- If the WebStats module is enabled (it is disabled by default) and the simulator has more than one region and a user teleports to another region on that simulator then a non-terminal sqlite storage exception will be thrown every time the viewer updates the stats (each viewer does this every 5 minutes).
- .NET Framework 3.5 when running under Windows.
- At least Mono 2.4.3 when running under Mono (Linux or Mac). Mono 2.6.x and Mono 2.10.x onwards work well. Mono 2.8.x versions are reported as less stable in some situations. The current mono alpha releases (mono 2.11.x) do not yet run OpenSimulator in a stable fashion.
- The MSSQL database plugin has been updated to support telehubs.
- The MSSQL database plugin has fixes for friends lookups.
- The MSSQL database plugin now supports Hypergrid-style item creator storage.
- Rare race condition fixed if two different regions tried to generate a mesh collision physics proxy simultaneously.
- More region access controls added at the simulator level. DisallowForeigners prevents Hypergrid visitors from visiting certain regions. DisallowResidents allows only administrators and managers to visit a given region. See the [AuthorizationService] section in bin/config-include/StandaloneCommon.ini.example and GridCommon.ini.example for more details.
- simple_build_permissions option added to [Startup] section of OpenSim.ini which allows owners and those on the access list of a parcel to build even when the general parcel setting is to disallow object creation. See OpenSim.ini.example for more details.
- [Terrain] section added in config that provides an option to start new regions with either the traditional tiny centre island (pinhead island) or a flat terrain. The default is still pinhead island.
- Parcels are now voice enabled by default, instead of being voice disabled. This gets around a viewer bug where the viewer will continually request a voice channel on voice-disabled parcels if voice is available on that simulator.
- The osNpcLoadAppearance() now correctly creates NPC attachments. This was a regression in 0.7.3 compared to 0.7.2.
- Off by one line number bug fixed in script error reporting to viewer.
- Sensor, dataserver, min and max threadpool statistics added to "xengine status" diagnostic command.
- Bug fixed where llDie() called in objects running more than one script could result in script engine errors.
- Bug fixed where simultaneous calls to llDie() from multiple scripts in an object could cause unnecessary script thread aborts.
- Top scripts viewer report improved to show a scaled representative script execution time rather than the script lines per second. This still isn't perfect but does give an idea of which scripts are expensive to run when compared to others.
- Owner name display fixed in top colliders and top scripts viewer reports.
- llGiveInventory() fixed.