Chat log from the meeting on 2020-02-04

From OpenSimulator

Jump to: navigation, search

[11:00] Gavin.Hird like the dems in Iowa
[11:00] Telehub: Welcome back to, Dev Outreach, Andrew Hellershanks.
**During meethings, all chat is logged.**
[11:01] Gavin.Hird I wonder what coding idiot produced that mess - if it is even a coding error
[11:01] Selby.Evans hi everyone
[11:01] Gavin.Hird Hi Selby
[11:01] Andrew Hellershanks: Hello, everyone.
[11:01] Gavin.Hird Hi Andrew
[11:01] Andrew Hellershanks: What coding mess, Gavin?
[11:01] Ubit Umarov: try stand now k
[11:01] Ubit Umarov: hi Selby
[11:01] Gavin.Hird that app the dems used for voting reporting in Iowa that totally failed
[11:02] Ubit Umarov: stand up kayaker
[11:02] Ubit Umarov: you 2 selby.Evans
[11:02] Gavin.Hird ...and that is an order!
[11:02] Gavin.Hird :-)
[11:02] Ubit Umarov: cool
[11:03] Ubit Umarov: can sit now .)
[11:03] Ubit Umarov: i did add the osSetStandTarget(<-0.7,0,0>); to yr sits
[11:03] Kayaker Magic: THe unsit problem is fixed!!!
[11:03] Ubit Umarov: no more bar dancing :)
[11:04] Ubit Umarov: well its the new ossl i told last week
[11:04] Ubit Umarov: i think
[11:04] Gavin.Hird you did
[11:04] Andrew Hellershanks: My chair hasn't been fixed. I still wind up standing on the bar.
[11:04] Ubit Umarov: you dance on bar andrew
[11:05] Kayaker Magic: So Bill's auto-build for this region is working, and this is the latest and greatest build?
[11:05] Ubit Umarov: want left or right?
[11:05] Ubit Umarov: yes it is on last commit
[11:05] Ubit Umarov: andrew left or right?
[11:05] Andrew Hellershanks: That could be funny. Stand up from a chair and trigger a dance animation so the avatar winds up dancing on the bar. ;)
[11:05] Andrew Hellershanks: right
[11:06] Ubit Umarov: ok try now
[11:06] Andrew Hellershanks: Not that it matters. Just so as I'm not on top of the bar on stand.
[11:06] Andrew Hellershanks: That's a lot better. ty, Ubit.
[11:07] Andrew Hellershanks: It is a small(?) change but it is one of those changes that people notice.
[11:07] Gavin.Hird true
[11:07] Ubit Umarov: well jump and dance was jsut last script.. just adding a dance anim command
[11:08] Ubit Umarov: yeah not that complex code
[11:08] Ubit Umarov: just more things to store on db blabla
[11:08] Ubit Umarov: well see the commits :p
[11:09] Ubit Umarov: but it is a important complement to sittarget
[11:09] Ubit Umarov: no idea ll never did add it
[11:09] Ubit Umarov: well or us
[11:09] Andrew Hellershanks: Probably wasn't seen that important vs other changes that were needed.
[11:10] Ubit Umarov: or thing think push is enough
[11:10] Ubit Umarov: or tehy
[11:10] Ubit Umarov: or they
[11:10] Andrew Hellershanks nods
[11:12] Kayaker Magic: I've been out of town for two weeks, so no time to generate questions for this meeting.
[11:12] Ubit Umarov: good
[11:12] Ubit Umarov: hihihi
[11:13] Andrew Hellershanks: Kayaker, You need to save up a few questions for those occasions when you go away for a bit.
[11:13] Kayaker Magic: Hmm, good idea
[11:18] Andrew Hellershanks: There have been a few other interesting changes to the code this past week.
[11:19] Kayaker Magic: Who's going to tell me what the changes were?
[11:19] Andrew Hellershanks: Ubit, would you provide some additional info about the change to volume detection?
[11:21] Ubit Umarov: there wasn't a change really
[11:21] Ubit Umarov: just i had forgot that the ossl one is a bit of hack on child prims
[11:22] Ubit Umarov: needs to be called on rez, link changes or physics state changes
[11:22] Andrew Hellershanks: ok.
[11:23] Ubit Umarov: but works even on physical prims
[11:23] Ubit Umarov: see walls ( root prim ) solid
[11:23] Ubit Umarov: water is a volume detector and child prims
[11:24] Total Sorbet: hi
[11:24] Ubit Umarov: see total washing her feet?
[11:24] Andrew Hellershanks: Hello, Total.
[11:24] Gavin.Hird Ho Total
[11:24] Gavin.Hird Hi
[11:24] Total Sorbet: yup stinky feet need wash
[11:24] Gavin.Hird you're getting your feet wet there
[11:24] Total Sorbet: prob good idea changing socks too :)
[11:25] Ubit Umarov: total that is a child prim thatis volume detector also
[11:25] Ubit Umarov: well not new i added this ages ago
[11:25] Total Sorbet: really?
[11:25] Total Sorbet: so only child phantom?
[11:25] Ubit Umarov: just since it is a bit of hack, i updated the wiki telling that
[11:26] Total Sorbet: linked object.. only child with llvolumethingy phantom?
[11:26] Ubit Umarov: osvolumeDetect
[11:27] Total Sorbet: i sense a yes there :p
[11:27] Total Sorbet: if thats the case then this rocks!
[11:27] Total Sorbet: can def use that
[11:27] Ubit Umarov:
[11:27] Total Sorbet: big time
[11:27] Ubit Umarov: bahh this scripters never rtfm :p
[11:28] Ubit Umarov: ok next topic andrew
[11:28] Total Sorbet: lol
[11:28] Andrew Hellershanks: :)
[11:28] Ubit Umarov: ( we spoke about the stand thing also total )
[11:28] Total Sorbet: we did
[11:28] Ubit Umarov: ( sit on the chair at bad close to you )
[11:29] Total Sorbet: jupiter only tho :)
[11:29] Andrew Hellershanks: Some of the other changes this week were some code clean up related to the build process.
[11:31] Andrew Hellershanks: There are two commits re: SQLite support for those who are using that instead of MySQL or PGsql as the database engine.
[11:31] Ubit Umarov: bar strip dance.. yeahh
[11:31] Andrew Hellershanks: Here comes Bill.
[11:31] Gavin.Hird the postgres one does not work
[11:31] Andrew Hellershanks: Hello, Bill.
[11:31] Bill Blight waves
[11:31] Gavin.Hird Hi Bill
[11:31] Ubit Umarov: ( stand now total )
[11:32] Ubit Umarov: hi bill
[11:32] Ubit Umarov: good to see u back Bill
[11:32] Bill Blight: ugg only about 25% here but here
[11:32] Selby.Evans Hi Bill
[11:33] Bill Blight: Howdy Selby
[11:33] Ubit Umarov: well more topics?
[11:33] Ubit Umarov: i did allow volume detector to fill linknumber
[11:34] Ubit Umarov: so lldetectedlinknumber does return the DETECTOR prim link number
[11:34] Andrew Hellershanks: The one database migration needs to get mentioned in the change notes for master. That's all I have for topics. Anyone else have some questions or comments?
[11:34] Ubit Umarov: unline sl that returns 0
[11:34] Gavin.Hird the postgres migration does not work
[11:34] Gavin.Hird so I have added a comment on the commit to fix it
[11:35] Ubit Umarov: note that the funtion name is bad.. it is the detector not detected ( same on touch )
[11:35] Gavin.Hird there is no use of musing MySQL syntax for postgres
[11:35] Gavin.Hird it does not work
[11:35] Ubit Umarov: hmm only looked to the sqlite one
[11:35] Gavin.Hird using even
[11:35] Ubit Umarov: that was bad also
[11:36] Gavin.Hird also the code does not work, but I have not had time for other issues to figure it out yet
[11:36] Ubit Umarov: hmm you said you where going to make a patch no?
[11:36] Gavin.Hird there is a comment on the migration commit you can use to fix it
[11:36] Ubit Umarov: i can't test that
[11:37] Ubit Umarov: yeah but you said there where more things
[11:37] Ubit Umarov: so i waited
[11:37] Gavin.Hird and I said I have not had the time for other issues to figure it out yet :-)
[11:37] Gavin.Hird lots of viewer stuff going on at the moment
[11:37] Ubit Umarov: ll will release eep? or profiles first ?
[11:38] Gavin.Hird profiles
[11:38] Gavin.Hird they can't get eep to work
[11:38] Ubit Umarov: no idea what that will break for us
[11:38] Gavin.Hird patches and reverts
[11:38] Gavin.Hird patches and reverts
[11:38] Gavin.Hird I managed to get the Mac viewer notarized by Apple
[11:39] Ubit Umarov: well i have sl eep viewer.. kinda works
[11:39] Ubit Umarov: my code on it is now a total mess grr
[11:39] Gavin.Hird the main viewer respositories have been converted to git and the viewer build on git
[11:39] Ubit Umarov: well and i forgot how it is.. long since i don't touch it :)
[11:39] Gavin.Hird all the libs are still on Mercurial
[11:40] Gavin.Hird so they need to be converted too before Bitbucket deletes them
[11:40] Ubit Umarov: ( btw we have a brexiter here tonight )
[11:40] Andrew Hellershanks: ( is that still going on? )
[11:41] Ubit Umarov: just started actually andrew
[11:41] Ubit Umarov: all the hard part is just starting
[11:41] Gavin.Hird Brexit?
[11:41] Andrew Hellershanks: Some people in Britain wanting to separate from the EU.
[11:41] Gavin.Hird now all the fun starts with Brexit :-)
[11:41] Ubit Umarov: Spain my invade gilbraltar :)
[11:41] Ubit Umarov: may
[11:42] Total Sorbet sits here in absolute silence....... :p
[11:42] Bill Blight: Okies well, I gave it a try gonna go lay back down ...
[11:42] Andrew Hellershanks: Not feeling well, Bill?
[11:42] Ubit Umarov: bet they will not accept a border on what they consider their territory
[11:42] Ubit Umarov: errr but back to opensim
[11:42] Bill Blight: I had a quadruple bypass 10 days ago
[11:42] Ubit Umarov: andrew.. next topic ?
[11:43] Ubit Umarov: yeack
[11:43] Total Sorbet: oh! bill take good care and rest plenty
[11:43] Gavin.Hird ouch, but you will be fine. I had a single 3 yars ago
[11:43] Ubit Umarov: yeap rest well bill
[11:43] Selby.Evans I had a quad bypass 20 years ago
[11:43] Andrew Hellershanks: Bill, ok. yea, that will knock the stuffing out of you for a while. Hope you feel better soon.
[11:43] Gavin.Hird sleep a lot and take all the pin killers they can give you
[11:43] Gavin.Hird pain*
[11:43] Bill Blight waves and poofs
[11:44] Andrew Hellershanks: Bye, Bill.
[11:44] Total Sorbet: poor sausage
[11:45] Andrew Hellershanks: Any other questions or comments for today?
[11:47] Andrew Hellershanks: I don't see anyone typing anything. If there is nothing more for today we can call this meeting to a close.
[11:47] Andrew Hellershanks: Last chance for today if anyone has anything more.
[11:47] Ubit Umarov: :)
[11:47] Ubit Umarov: still 15min to burn
[11:47] Andrew Hellershanks nods
[11:48] Ubit Umarov: so IMA did release scenegate selby ?
[11:48] Andrew Hellershanks: Some meeting ran long. A short one now and then helps even out the meeting durations. ;)
[11:48] Selby.Evans SceneGate is out of Beta
[11:48] Andrew Hellershanks: Oh, yes. I forgot there was a Scenegate release this past week. I downloaded the Linux version but I haven't had a chance to test it.
[11:48] Ubit Umarov: mb you cna paste the url here
[11:48] Selby.Evans And have a Linux version
[11:48] Ubit Umarov: for the log :)
[11:49] Ubit Umarov: hmm you already did update the urls for dayt no gavin?
[11:49] Gavin.Hird update the urls?
[11:49] Selby.Evans
[11:50] Ubit Umarov: pasted there the last bugs..
[11:50] Ubit Umarov: here i mean
[11:50] Ubit Umarov: hmm we have a viewers section on our site andrew ?
[11:50] Gavin.Hird I don't get you Ubit
[11:50] Selby.Evans Scenegate link.
[11:50] Ubit Umarov: ty sleby
[11:50] Ubit Umarov: and selby.Evans
[11:51] Andrew Hellershanks: Ubit, yes. There is a compatible viewers page at ->
[11:51] Selby.Evans Has 64 and 32 bit, but 32 bit loading is untested
[11:52] Ubit Umarov: oh we need to update that
[11:52] Gavin.Hird All the Dayturn downloads are in
[11:52] Gavin.Hird there is a new forum post with the links to the git repos at
[11:53] Ubit Umarov: ok andrew will update out wiki also
[11:53] Ubit Umarov hides
[11:53] Ubit Umarov: (our)
[11:53] Andrew Hellershanks: The Scenegate downloads page is at
[11:53] Selby.Evans We an looking for someone who has 32 bit to test the loader -- It is supposed to detect that condition and make the right choice automatically
[11:54] Ubit Umarov: we can't force win to run something in 32bit?
[11:54] Ubit Umarov: linux is harder
[11:54] Ubit Umarov: macs.. no idea
[11:54] Gavin.Hird But no public repository for Scenegat yet?
[11:54] Ubit Umarov: it is public now
[11:54] Selby.Evans We are alos looking for someone to work with Mac.
[11:54] Andrew Hellershanks: I may have to leave a number of ? in the table near the bottom of the viewer page at as I don't know much about it.
[11:54] Andrew Hellershanks: IIRC, I can't run the Linux version because of a missing couple of library files.
[11:55] Gavin.Hird what is the link to the repository Selby?
[11:55] Gavin.Hird I'll have a look if it is even poosible to compile it on macOS
[11:56] Selby.Evans Testing the loader is a problem
[11:56] Selby.Evans
[11:56] Ubit Umarov: gavin is a macs lover :)
[11:56] Selby.Evans should be there.
[11:56] Andrew Hellershanks: Yup. For Linux (on my machine) there are two missing library files: and
[11:57] Gavin.Hird I don't see any links to the repository
[11:57] Ubit Umarov:
[11:57] Gavin.Hird Gavin only owns Macs
[11:57] Gavin.Hird so it is a share wonder I make a Windows version at all
[11:58] Ubit Umarov: we need to click on a few things to get there
[11:58] Gavin.Hird Thanks Ubit
[11:58] Ubit Umarov: possible the link sould be on that main page Selby.Evans
[11:58] Selby.Evans Thanks Ubit, Gavin
[11:59] Ubit Umarov: since lgpl imposes avaiable sources, better just have then easy to find
[11:59] Selby.Evans Right Ubit _-- I will ask
[12:00] Ubit Umarov: see andrew 15minutes well used :)
[12:00] Andrew Hellershanks nods
[12:00] Andrew Hellershanks: :)
[12:00] Ubit Umarov: btw have no news on fs
[12:00] Ubit Umarov: seems most ready
[12:00] Andrew Hellershanks: I haven't checked the Scenegate site to determine if it says what version of Linux is required to run the viewer.
[12:01] Gavin.Hird they did not say anything at the last TPV dev meeting
[12:01] Ubit Umarov: i did ask for some changes like 1024m on object scale on edits
[12:01] Andrew Hellershanks: I'm still waiting to see if there will be an FS 6.2 for Linux.
[12:01] Ubit Umarov: 7.96 m on particles..
[12:01] Ubit Umarov: and a few more opensim things
[12:01] Gavin.Hird I only noticed LL pushed another set of changes yesterday that makes the LL viewer even more identical to the FS viewer
[12:01] Ubit Umarov: no idea if those will get on next release
[12:02] Kayaker Magic: Isn't the 7.96 m on particles a limitation on the protocol?
[12:02] Andrew Hellershanks: 7.96m for the max size of a particle?
[12:02] Gavin.Hird this is only a speculation, but I guess the FS viewer will be merged into the SL viewer entirely
[12:02] Ubit Umarov: ( i did ask that to gavin i guess... at least the scale i remember )
[12:02] Ubit Umarov: its 7.96 and not 8m because of protocoal
[12:03] Gavin.Hird some rounding issue above that value perhaps
[12:03] Ubit Umarov: ( 8m would be encoded as 0.. we could work around that.. but no point )
[12:04] Total Sorbet: tc folks gotta run
[12:04] Andrew Hellershanks: If that is a change to the max size of particles I'll have to update my particle generator script.
[12:04] Ubit Umarov: protocol uses fixed point float.. don't remember the bits distribution :)
[12:04] Andrew Hellershanks: ok, Total. Thanks for dropping by.
[12:04] Ubit Umarov: i push her for her to wash feet :p
[12:05] Ubit Umarov: well she plays with scripts also and we where on chat
[12:05] Ubit Umarov: fixed point float. ?? gezzz fixed point number :)
[12:06] Andrew Hellershanks: Use BCD and avoid all that nonsense. ;)
[12:06] Selby.Evans Must go -- bye all
[12:06] Andrew Hellershanks: ok, Selby. tc.
[12:06] Ubit Umarov: cya selby.Evans
[12:06] Gavin.Hird Bye Selby
[12:06] Andrew Hellershanks: I'm just about to wrap up this meeting for today.
[12:06] Ubit Umarov: :)
[12:07] Andrew Hellershanks: Any final comments for today?
[12:07] Andrew Hellershanks: ok. That will do it for the first meeting of February.
[12:07] Andrew Hellershanks: Thank you all for coming. See you again next week.

Personal tools
About This Wiki