Chat log from the meeting on 2008-07-08

From OpenSimulator

Jump to: navigation, search

[7:41] Nebadon Izumi is Online
[7:43] Hoffman Effect Teleporter: Teleporter Online
[7:43] Hoffman Effect Teleporter: -12
[7:43] Hoffman Effect Teleporter: Blade
[7:43] Hoffman Effect Teleporter: Teleporter Online
[7:43] Hoffman Effect Teleporter: -15
[7:43] Hoffman Effect Teleporter: Floor7
[7:47] Nebadon Izumi is Offline
[7:47] Nebadon Izumi is Online
[8:08] Chrome Carter is Online
[8:15] Chrome Carter is Offline
[8:27] paulie Flomar is Online
[8:30] paulie Flomar is Offline
[8:32] paulie Flomar is Online
[8:44] You: Hiya
[8:44] Aran Anderson_TEST: hi, how are you?
[8:44] You: pretty good and yourself?
[8:45] Aran Anderson_TEST: am just trying to figure out how to set my sim up onto the grid.. it seems to time out on registering
[8:45] You: sounds like networking trouble
[8:46] You: probably in the configuration
[8:46] You: what do you have for external_ip_address in your Regions xml file?
[8:47] paulie Flomar is Offline
[8:49] You: internal should be
[8:50] Aran Anderson_TEST: btw i see you are looking for builders, i am willing to help :) (i am James Benedek on the main grid , i helped build 5l5b)
[8:50] You: :)
[8:50] You: I'm Lazarus Longstaff on the Linden grid; I used to manage a set of 6 surf sims
[8:50] You: Heliopolis
[8:50] Aran Anderson_TEST: nice
[8:50] You: then I found OpenSim
[8:51] You: I rarely go to the Linden grid now
[8:51] Aran Anderson_TEST: more fun here eh?
[8:51] You: yes
[8:51] Aran Anderson_TEST: and free :p
[8:51] You: always better to own your own infrastructure
[8:51] You: for a suite of reasons
[8:51] Aran Anderson_TEST: is all of lsl functions working on this grid or?
[8:52] You: no
[8:52] You: only about 70%
[8:52] You: mostly vehicle physics is not finished
[8:52] You: we use ODE, they use havoc4
[8:52] You: well
[8:52] You: actually
[8:52] You: you can use any of several physics engines with opensim
[8:52] Aran Anderson_TEST: well havok 5 is released now.. why not try and code that in?
[8:52] You: but ode is most fully supported
[8:53] You: the code for opensim has a license that is not compatible
[8:53] You: it is bsd licensed
[8:53] Aran Anderson_TEST: btw nice build here
[8:54] You: Thanks :D
[8:54] You: I've built everything here but the cherry trees
[8:54] Aran Anderson_TEST: like a aztec ancient city with a future office tower on top :P
[8:55] You: yeah, there's certainly a lot of influences coming to bear here
[8:56] Aran Anderson_TEST: brb a sec :)
[8:56] You: kk
[9:09] Tara5 Oh is Online
[9:11] Tara5 Oh is Offline
[9:12] Tara5 Oh is Online
[9:15] Zha Ewry is Online
[9:17] Neas Bade is Online
[9:18] You: HEy Aran
[9:18] You: I gotta run
[9:18] You: Hey Aran
[9:18] You: I gotta run
[9:18] You: office hours at wright plaza
[9:19] paulie Flomar is Online
[9:19] Aran Anderson_TEST: ok, enjoy
[9:19] You: tc
[9:19] You: you know about IRC right
[9:19] Aran Anderson_TEST: i am still gettign the error :(
[9:19] Aran Anderson_TEST: i saw it, but i dont have it
[9:19] You: most of our support is done through IRC
[9:19] You: get chatzilla for your firefox
[9:19] You: #opensim on FreeNode
[9:19] Aran Anderson_TEST: ok kool thanks
[9:19] You: see ya!
[9:19] Aran Anderson_TEST: enjoy!
[9:20] Teleport completed from
[9:20] The region you have entered is running a different simulator version. Click this message for details.
[9:20] Strawberry Fride: hehe - been waiting to see someone with that avatar name for too long :)
[9:20] Zha Ewry: Hair matters
[9:20] Tara5 Oh: zha is making herself pretty while Rome burns.....
[9:20] Zha Ewry chuckles
[9:20] Neas Bade: heh
[9:20] You: Hey everbodeh
[9:20] Strawberry Fride: Hi Hiro :)
[9:21] You: man, gotta luv our chairs rofl
[9:21] Strawberry Fride: ejector seats :)
[9:21] Neas Bade: Zha, well you should work on the attachment save code so you can have prim hair :)
[9:21] Zha Ewry chuckles
[9:22] Zha Ewry: Well, assuming that I can keep the patching up to trunk, I'll keep that in mind
[9:22] Zha Ewry: that and berating lindens about things like LLSD
[9:22] Tara5 Oh: yes I am sure we will have that soon neas as Zha doen't usually attend meetings with Bad hair
[9:23] Strawberry Fride: I've got to the point where I don't mind so much - as long as it's red it'll do. Though I finally made my first hairstyle on my OS :)
[9:24] You: Tara, gotta click the seat first
[9:24] Zha Ewry: And hope it works
[9:24] You: I think she got launched that time
[9:24] Tara5 Oh: wow I got ejected into the sky!!
[9:24] You: Hey, Japan is represented! lD
[9:24] You: ;D even
[9:25] You: HEya Chillken
[9:26] Chillken Proto: Hello
[9:26] Adam Frisby: yo
[9:27] Neas Bade: hey Chillken
[9:27] You: I assume we are waiting to get started, as a number of our regular attendants are not in attendance ;)
[9:27] Neas Bade: well, the normal office hours don't actually start for 40 minutes
[9:27] Neas Bade: everyone here is early
[9:27] You: ahhh ok
[9:27] You: ;D
[9:27] Neas Bade: pixel just said she was here, so I swung by
[9:27] You: we're getting popular lols
[9:27] paulie Flomar is Online
[9:27] Neas Bade: yeh, we might need to start hiding office hours in different parts of osgrid
[9:27] Neas Bade: :)
[9:28] You: Bade plaza for instance
[9:28] Finrod Meriman: the IRC message said 11am PST CA start
[9:28] Neas Bade: Finro, it's 19 UTC
[9:28] You: ahhhh the truth comes out rofl
[9:28] Adam Frisby: It's 1900 UTC
[9:28] Archer Mokeev-Blessed: oh hahaha, I actually just thought I'd try if my OSGrid account still worked
[9:28] Neas Bade: which is 12 PST
[9:28] Nebadon Izumi: ok im here now so everyone can beat me for posting wrong time
[9:28] Wright Juran: so you mean I manage to sneak out my dungeon for one of these meetings and I'm early, damn time zones
[9:28] Adam Frisby: Has someone fixed the clock here yet? >_>
[9:28] Strawberry Fride: aah!
[9:28] Neas Bade: heh
[9:29] Hiro Protagonist beats on Neb with a phantom prim
[9:29] Archer Mokeev-Blessed: didn't even realize this might be office hours
[9:29] Nebadon Izumi: adam
[9:29] paulie Flomar is Offline
[9:29] Nebadon Izumi: server time is right
[9:29] Nebadon Izumi: OpenSIM cant tell time
[9:29] Adam Frisby: Haha
[9:29] Nebadon Izumi: same on the win plazas
[9:29] Neas Bade: the clock is system based
[9:29] Nebadon Izumi: time is way wrong
[9:29] Nebadon Izumi: apparently not Neas
[9:29] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[9:29] Neas Bade: so it means the system has the wrong time
[9:29] Nebadon Izumi: its not
[9:29] paulie Flomar is Online
[9:29] Strawberry Fride: wish that were true for me - can't get my clock on my system time
[9:29] Nebadon Izumi: its been this way for months
[9:29] Zha Ewry vanishes to go check on other things
[9:29] Zha Ewry: (afk, but I'll keep peeking)
[9:30] Nebadon Izumi: the Windows plazas report incorrect time also
[9:30] Nebadon Izumi: its liek 1.5 hours wrong
[9:30] Nebadon Izumi: always
[9:30] Neas Bade: silly windows
[9:30] Nebadon Izumi: its same here
[9:30] Nebadon Izumi: this is linux
[9:30] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[9:30] Nebadon Izumi: i cant explain it
[9:30] Neas Bade: I know mono seems to loose time after a while
[9:31] Neas Bade: when was the last WP reboot?
[9:31] Adam Frisby: The time shown in the viewer is sent as part of login
[9:31] Adam Frisby: It's possible we're calculating it wrong.
[9:31] Adam Frisby: it's in the original login XML request
[9:31] Neas Bade: oh
[9:31] Nebadon Izumi: time on server
[9:31] Nebadon Izumi: is 11:18
[9:31] Neas Bade: I bet it has to do with the default days being SL days now
[9:31] Nebadon Izumi: its 6 minutes off
[9:32] Adam Frisby: Nebadon: It's showing 9:31AM here
[9:32] Nebadon Izumi: the sim time is no where near that
[9:32] Nebadon Izumi: yea
[9:32] Adam Frisby: which is 2 hours off
[9:32] Nebadon Izumi: its always like this on all sims
[9:32] Adam Frisby: It's 11:25 AM PST right now
[9:32] Nebadon Izumi: time is never right
[9:32] You: I'm showing 9:31 in my viewer and 13:25 on my local clock (which is correct)
[9:32] Nebadon Izumi: yea
[9:32] Nebadon Izumi: this server we are on
[9:32] paulie Flomar is Offline
[9:32] Nebadon Izumi: the system clock says 11:19 now
[9:33] Nebadon Izumi: wow lots of new people today
[9:33] Nebadon Izumi: hellow everyone i dont know
[9:33] Monk Zymurgy: you think LL uses a central clock to keep the sims on one time?
[9:33] Monk Zymurgy: and hi everyone :)
[9:33] Nebadon Izumi: probably Monk
[9:33] You: wb Monk
[9:33] Nebadon Izumi: as all their servers are not in one location
[9:33] Monk Zymurgy: ty
[9:33] paulie Flomar is Online
[9:33] Nebadon Izumi: its possible they just sync the time zone to PST though
[9:33] Nebadon Izumi: on all thier hardware
[9:34] Nebadon Izumi: regardless of geography
[9:34] Nebadon Izumi: that seems like most fail proof method to me
[9:34] Monk Zymurgy nods
[9:34] Garth FairChang: Hi all.. excuse noob appearance
[9:34] Monk Zymurgy: yup ..get the sim to send the right time from sytsem to the client
[9:35] Nebadon Izumi: be right back i need to go Rescue Tess
[9:35] You: are we all still workin here?
[9:35] You: looks like
[9:35] You: I am at least
[9:35] Adam Frisby: Hrrm crazy idea here
[9:35] Monk Zymurgy: i think i am
[9:35] You: whats that Adam?
[9:36] Adam Frisby: but maybe we should build an auditorium for office hours that's got sufficient space/seating -- things are getting a little crowded here when we get 30 people
[9:36] Zha Ewry: Seems to still be here
[9:36] Adam Frisby: (although it's awesome to hear that OpenSim is running 30 people sanely. hehe.)
[9:36] You: Actually, I think Nebadon is doing exactly that at Zaius Plaza
[9:36] Adam Genkii: hey guys
[9:36] Adam Frisby: Hey Adjohn
[9:36] You: Hey Adjohn :D
[9:36] Nebadon Izumi is Online
[9:37] Neas Bade: a nice amphitheatre with trees would be great :)
[9:37] Charles Krinkeb is Online
[9:37] paulie Flomar is Offline
[9:37] Tara5 Oh is Offline
[9:37] Adam Frisby: I did the Pooley stage LL uses several years ago
[9:37] Zha Ewry is a fan of lakeside mellow spaces
[9:37] Monk Zymurgy nods
[9:37] Nebadon Izumi is Offline
[9:37] Dahlia Trimble is Online
[9:37] Monk Zymurgy: sounds good
[9:37] You: something like that is actually happening at Teravus Plaza ;)
[9:38] Strawberry Fride: G2's struggling to get back in
[9:38] You: 17 people in the region by my count
[9:38] Adam Frisby: Actually the login thing is something we should fix -- there's a bad lock in the loginserver.
[9:38] Adam Frisby: Only lets one user login/out at the same time.
[9:38] You: akkk
[9:38] Strawberry Fride: aah :)
[9:38] You: +1 fix that
[9:38] Charles Krinkeb: Holy Guacamole, Batman. I hope all the natives are friendly.
[9:38] Adam Frisby: We solved it at deepthink by rewriting the gridservers into pages, but a proper fix is probably a good idea.
[9:39] Zha Ewry: Its deeply paranoid, too, it locks for a long time
[9:39] Adam Frisby: Yeah
[9:39] Zha Ewry: (as in across a huge amount of work)
[9:39] Adam Frisby: Maybe there's a sleep in there too that shouldnt be.
[9:39] Neas Bade: there are some sleeps
[9:39] Zha Ewry: I
[9:39] Neas Bade: it has to do with bad circuit detection as well
[9:40] Zha Ewry: ve been taking notes, last few times I was in there, I can see if we could be al ittle more clever
[9:40] Strawberry Fride: there's a lot of locks in the code I've seen - kinda hoping we'll be able to take osme out for the SQL server version...
[9:41] You: are we still live?
[9:41] BlueWall Slade: hello! anybody home?
[9:41] You: Heya Blue :D
[9:41] BlueWall Slade: hello :)
[9:41] You: you make 19 :D
[9:41] BlueWall Slade: hehe
[9:41] Monk Zymurgy: Hi BlueWall
[9:41] Nebadon Izumi is Online
[9:41] UUID Speaker: Adam Genkii, your key is 862ffadf-0c5d-49c4-97cd-6409f63baab2
[9:41] Neas Bade: locking is definitely suboptimal throughout the code
[9:41] You: Nebadon makes 20
[9:42] paulie Flomar is Online
[9:42] You: 330 MB allocated to the region
[9:42] Neas Bade: one of the bigger issues is actually the use of generics, as there aren't built in synchronized versions of those containers. That was found to be a killer by an IBM china team
[9:42] Nebadon Izumi: 338?
[9:42] Nebadon Izumi: where you get that # hiro
[9:42] Neas Bade: I keep meaning to dig into that again
[9:43] You: 330
[9:43] Neas Bade: after the nhibernate stuff is actually done
[9:43] Nebadon Izumi: im seeing 768
[9:43] You: wp console show stats
[9:43] Nebadon Izumi: ah ok
[9:43] Nebadon Izumi: i was looking at top
[9:43] Nebadon Izumi: Res = 768
[9:43] Neas Bade: there is mono overhead baked into the top number
[9:43] BlueWall Slade: Neas, it's ready for testing??
[9:43] Neas Bade: no, not yet
[9:43] paulie Flomar is Offline
[9:43] BlueWall Slade: ok
[9:43] You: big exception and dropped 30MB
[9:43] Neas Bade: actually, that's a good tech question
[9:43] Charles Krinkeb: We are either going to have a really fun meeting and have a record (or crash).
[9:43] Neas Bade: would anyone mind if I added RegionID to SOP?
[9:43] Hamilton Linden is Online
[9:43] Neas Bade: even if it is mostly not used
[9:44] Charles Krinkeb: +1
[9:44] paulie Flomar is Online
[9:44] Neas Bade: it would make the nhibernate mappings a lot easier
[9:44] Nebadon Izumi: hello Hamilton
[9:44] You: 21 users counting Hamilton :)
[9:44] Nebadon Izumi: Tess is coming too
[9:44] BlueWall Slade: Hi Hamilton
[9:44] Nebadon Izumi: that will be #22
[9:44] Tara5 Oh: Hi hamilton
[9:44] You: Welcome back to OSGrid once again Hamilton :)
[9:44] Hamilton Linden: Meetings in 15 minutes?
[9:44] You: sweet
[9:44] You: another record breaker today, looks like
[9:45] Charles Krinkeb: Lets get any minor stuff out of the way since many of the players are here.
[9:45] BlueWall Slade: Neas, I have one region that I will test NHibernate and PgSQL as soon as it's ready
[9:45] Zha Ewry: Ouch!
[9:45] Adam Frisby: Hey Hamilton
[9:45] Neas Bade: oh, and funny bug I found
[9:45] Hamilton Linden: Hi Adam
[9:45] Garth FairChang: SL Blog post might help your attendance
[9:45] Neas Bade: if you set SitRotation
[9:45] Adam Frisby: Well, I dont think the osgrid office hours are published anywhere on the LL end
[9:45] Adam Frisby: or really on the opensim homepage either
[9:46] Neas Bade: people that are sitting before you log in don't show up with the right rotation
[9:46] Adam Frisby: I actually think we need to revamp the opensim homepage again -- it's getting too ... obscure.
[9:46] Charles Krinkeb: They are on the gridlist. But, should they be on the frontpage?
[9:46] Nebadon Izumi: yay for hover text attachment
[9:46] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[9:46] Adam Frisby: OpenSim really should have some simple links on the front page "Download Here", "Get Help here", etc.
[9:46] Charles Krinkeb: Who should honcho, that , Adam?
[9:47] Adam Frisby: "Someone!"
[9:47] Nebadon Izumi: its there
[9:47] Nebadon Izumi: but it could be made better
[9:47] Adam Frisby: It's there, but it's completely obtuse.
[9:47] Nebadon Izumi: yea
[9:47] paulie Flomar is Offline
[9:47] Neas Bade: I think part of the issue is the template is pretty noisy
[9:47] Nebadon Izumi: but so is opensim
[9:47] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[9:47] Nebadon Izumi: its quite obtuse at the moment
[9:47] Charles Krinkeb: Anyone up for some TLC of our OpenSimulator home page?
[9:47] Nebadon Izumi: it should also be noted that OpenSIM is not quite for everyone yet too probabloy
[9:47] Neas Bade: yep :)
[9:48] Neas Bade: only for the adventurous
[9:48] Nebadon Izumi: i sort of made that clear on the Attach region page
[9:48] Adam Frisby: Well, it cant hurt to make it easier. ;)
[9:48] Nebadon Izumi: yea
[9:48] Nebadon Izumi: definatly not
[9:48] You: Hi Shenlei, WB :)
[9:48] Nebadon Izumi: i'll work on it
[9:48] You: bye SHenlei!
[9:48] Nebadon Izumi: does the Tardis work yet ???
[9:48] Nebadon Izumi: woot
[9:48] Nebadon Izumi: what is opensim ???
[9:48] TARDIS Wiki-Lith: Good Question ...
[9:48] TARDIS Wiki-Lith: This just in ...
[9:48] Neas Bade: nah, we should make it harder. Keep people from crowding up osgrid ;)
[9:48] Nebadon Izumi: bah
[9:48] Nebadon Izumi: guess its not
[9:48] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[9:48] Adam Frisby: Hahah
[9:48] Neas Bade: "get off my lawn!"
[9:48] You: Hi Tess
[9:49] You: Welcome to OSGrid :)
[9:49] Adam Frisby: Should Neas get off my lawn ???
[9:49] Adam Frisby: Haha
[9:49] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[9:49] Chrome Carter is Online
[9:49] Charles Krinkeb: Two questions for the pre-meeting: "Are we doing anything we should not be doing?" *and* "Are we not doing anything we should be doing?"
[9:49] You: we were just discussing sit rotation bugs rolf
[9:49] Nebadon Izumi: heheh tess
[9:49] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[9:49] BlueWall Slade: ahh, the old playing dead trick
[9:49] BlueWall Slade: hehe
[9:50] Adam Frisby: Quick someone take incriminating photos!
[9:50] Neas Bade: yeh, if anyone has any idea on why sitrotation during login might come differently then in world, that would be great
[9:50] Charles Krinkeb: Lets try to focus on things of interest to the greatest number of participants if at all possible.
[9:50] Neas Bade: I've got these logs that people sit on
[9:50] Neas Bade: and they sit sideways a lot because of it
[9:50] Nebadon Izumi: you rezzing noteboard Neas?
[9:50] paulie Flomar is Online
[9:50] Neas Bade has no rez powers :)
[9:50] Nebadon Izumi: go ahread
[9:50] Neas Bade: ah, ther eit is
[9:50] Nebadon Izumi: i changed it
[9:51] Charles Krinkeb: 1037 VIRT, 768 RES
[9:51] Nebadon Izumi: welcome back from the underworld Tess
[9:51] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[9:51] You: 357MB by the console
[9:51] You: 21 Avs
[9:52] paulie Flomar: whoa! it's a parteh!
[9:52] You: counting our favorite flying fox ;D
[9:52] Tara5 Oh is Online
[9:52] Nebadon Izumi: hey paulie
[9:52] BlueWall Slade: Hi Paulie
[9:52] paulie Flomar: Howdeh!
[9:52] BlueWall Slade: No Hippo Avie?
[9:52] Monk Zymurgy smiles..hi paulie..great avatar work :)
[9:53] Garth FairChang: Hi Paulie
[9:53] paulie Flomar: thx!
[9:53] Tara5 Oh is Offline
[9:53] paulie Flomar: Hiwdeh!
[9:53] paulie Flomar: Howdeh, even!
[9:53] Tara5 Oh is Online
[9:54] paulie Flomar: I see peeps sitting properly! Was the sit bug fixed?
[9:54] Nebadon Izumi: everyone might want to do a CTRL+ALT+R to rebake their avatars
[9:54] Zha Ewry blinks as appreacne sends her to 2000 feet
[9:54] paulie Flomar: yeah, rebake ftw!
[9:54] White Board: - So many people.... You need to manual do line breaks here. No word wrap yet.
[9:55] paulie Flomar dances with happiness!
[9:55] You: ok
[9:55] You: 22 avs
[9:55] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[9:56] You: 402MB
[9:56] Nebadon Izumi: few more minutes before we get started
[9:56] Charles Krinkeb: How should we proceed today, Neas?
[9:56] danx2 danx0r: hi
[9:56] Charles Krinkeb: morning, dan
[9:56] Nebadon Izumi: hello Dan
[9:56] You: Heya Danx0r
[9:56] paulie Flomar: Hey, Dan. :)
[9:56] G2 Proto: hey Dan, all!
[9:56] Adam Genkii: Hey Dan
[9:56] Adam Frisby: Yo Dan
[9:57] Charles Krinkeb: Hello, G2. Pleasure to see you here.
[9:57] Adam Frisby: What was the record for WP?
[9:57] You: wb G2
[9:57] G2 Proto: yes its a great day to start regularly showing up with all the cool interop news
[9:57] Nebadon Izumi: 25
[9:57] Adam Frisby: 23 or 25?
[9:57] Adam Frisby: kk
[9:57] Adam Frisby: Two more then
[9:57] You: I'm showing 24 avs now
[9:57] paulie Flomar: Howdeh, Tara.
[9:57] Charles Krinkeb: We have a ways to go to break Adam's 37 record.
[9:57] Tara5 Oh: Hi paulie!
[9:58] Neas Bade: so, zha, how's the patch?
[9:58] Adam Frisby: Hehe
[9:58] G2 Proto: haha im working on busting that record myslef
[9:58] You: well, Adam did that on a standlone though, right Adam?
[9:58] Nebadon Izumi: i'll fire up other PC
[9:58] Nebadon Izumi: and log in plaza builder
[9:58] sculpty_chair_with_sit: started
[9:59] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[9:59] paulie Flomar: h my!!!
[9:59] paulie Flomar: lol
[9:59] You: 25 avs
[9:59] Charles Krinkeb: I am thinking that we should have "Hamilton Linden" take the floor first when we are ready in order to respect his time.
[9:59] paulie Flomar: that was funneh!!! snort!
[9:59] Aramis Soren: hi people
[9:59] BlueWall Slade: Hi Aramis
[9:59] Adam Frisby: Hiro: Standalone, Rev about 3200, Win32
[9:59] danx2 danx0r: haha check out how I'm sitting on this bench
[10:00] Neas Bade: hey dan, been a while
[10:00] Tess Linden: underworld ? :P
[10:00] Hamilton Linden: I'd like to wait for Periapse or Whump to join since they'll be running the Public Open Grid Beta
[10:00] BlueWall Slade: lol danx2
[10:00] danx2 danx0r: gotta work, just hanging
[10:00] sculpty_chair_with_sit: started
[10:00] TextBoard: Interop - OGP builds - Patch from Zha soon

Items for 0.6 release

- nhibernate - neas
- script stubs - ??

Anything else? - Please announce changes that will break people. :)

[10:01] Neas Bade: hey Lindens, so when can we get a URL bar in the browser so we don't need to have a dozen icons on our desktop to connect to different OpenSims? :)
[10:01] AB_Bar Stool: started
[10:01] You: 27 avs
[10:01] AB_Bar Stool: changed
[10:01] AB_Bar Stool: changedlink
[10:01] AB_Bar Stool: avatarsat
[10:01] AB_Bar Stool: runtime permissions called
[10:01] You: oops
[10:01] You: 26
[10:01] Justin Clark-Casey is Online
[10:01] You: can I get 28??
[10:01] You: now 27
[10:01] Hamilton Linden: The test viewer allows you to choose between beta grids but that's not quite what you want
[10:01] Nebadon Izumi: heh well now we are over the previous record
[10:02] Nebadon Izumi: i'll keep plaza builder off
[10:02] Hamilton Linden: Get Pixel to add it
[10:02] Neas Bade: nope
[10:02] AB_Bar Stool: changed
[10:02] AB_Bar Stool: changedlink
[10:02] AB_Bar Stool: avatarunsat
[10:02] Tara5 Oh: Stefan Andersson sends his regards but can't login he is going on holiday with his family!
[10:02] Neas Bade: a fixed list isn't very useful
[10:02] Neas Bade: we need freeform field
[10:02] Hamilton Linden: Yeah, I hear you Neas
[10:02] AB_Bar Stool: changed
[10:02] Aramis Soren: neas someone from channel posted this launcher link
[10:02] AB_Bar Stool: changed
[10:02] AB_Bar Stool: changedlink
[10:02] AB_Bar Stool: avatarsat
[10:02] AB_Bar Stool: runtime permissions called
[10:02] Nebadon Izumi: like Realxtend has
[10:02] Aramis Soren:
[10:02] Nebadon Izumi: thats a good example
[10:02] Justin Clark-Casey: wow, crowd city
[10:02] Nebadon Izumi: hey Justin
[10:02] Justin Clark-Casey: hey nebadon
[10:03] You: we're pushing the envelope today sir
[10:03] BlueWall Slade: Hi Chrome
[10:03] Neas Bade: Aramis, does that work on Linux and Mac?
[10:03] Justin Clark-Casey: and how is the envelope holding up?
[10:03] You: Hey, there you are Chrome
[10:03] Nebadon Izumi: glue is starting to liquify :P
[10:03] paulie Flomar: Hey, chrome. :)
[10:03] Justin Clark-Casey: lol
[10:03] Hamilton Linden: Hi Periapse
[10:03] You: we've done far worse with half the avs before *winks*
[10:03] Justin Clark-Casey: I see what you mean
[10:03] Aramis Soren: remember when we had to actually lick stamps? hehe
[10:03] Chrome Carter: hello :)
[10:04] You: Heya Periapse :D
[10:04] Hamilton Linden: Charles I can do a quick intro
[10:04] You: we lose one and gain one
[10:04] Zha Ewry: Hey Tess, Peri, Jcc, and many others I can barely pan to
[10:04] Dahlia Trimble is Offline
[10:04] Justin Clark-Casey: hi zha
[10:04] Adam Frisby: Heh
[10:04] Adam Frisby: This is cool
[10:04] Adam Frisby: <#
[10:05] Pixel Gausman: hi Zha (feeling left out)
[10:05] Justin Clark-Casey: hey chillken, adam
[10:05] danx2 danx0r: got about 3 m mtf in ubuntu on this old laptop
[10:05] Justin Clark-Casey: don't often see you guys at this time of day :)
[10:05] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[10:05] Adam Genkii: Hey
[10:05] Chillken Proto: good afternoon (?)
[10:05] Justin Clark-Casey: evening for me
[10:05] Adam Genkii: It took lots of coffee
[10:05] BlueWall Slade: Good $TIMEZONE
[10:05] You: afternoon here
[10:06] paulie Flomar: woots!
[10:06] Charles Krinkeb: Lets let "Hamilton" take the floor for a while and share anything he wishes first.
[10:06] Garth FairChang: Almost afternoon here
[10:06] BlueWall Slade: justin, you have a normal avatar :)
[10:06] Hamilton Linden: ok
[10:06] Justin Clark-Casey: bluewall I do!
[10:06] Hamilton Linden: Thanks for all the input and feedback on an Open Beta during Zero's office hours and last week.
[10:06] BlueWall Slade: :)
[10:06] Justin Clark-Casey: I'm all black in my view :)
[10:06] Charles Krinkeb: shhh
[10:06] Justin Clark-Casey: sorrym that shoudl have been I do?
[10:06] Justin Clark-Casey: oops
[10:06] Hamilton Linden: As you probably saw we "officially" announced the Public Open Grid Beta today
[10:06] Tara5 Oh: rebake textures??
[10:06] Tess Linden: w00t!
[10:06] paulie Flomar: yay!
[10:06] Aramis Soren: *golf clap*
[10:07] paulie Flomar howls!!
[10:07] Justin Clark-Casey: nah, never works for me
[10:07] G2 Proto: awesome news!
[10:07] Hiro Protagonist howls
[10:07] Justin Clark-Casey: it's some kind of graphics driver issue
[10:07] Pixel Gausman: whoohoo!
[10:07] Hamilton Linden: The first round will be for OpenSim folks
[10:07] Pixel Gausman: double whoohoo!
[10:07] Hamilton Linden: We'll open it up to broader set later
[10:07] BlueWall Slade: WOOT!
[10:07] G2 Proto: awesome Hamilton
[10:07] paulie Flomar: rawr!!
[10:07] Adam Frisby: Cool.
[10:07] Hamilton Linden: In case you haven't seen Torley's really cool video on the SL <=> OpenSim teleporting and the blog post check it out at:
[10:08] Hamilton Linden:
[10:08] You: It's a bit cheesy, but hey it is *very* cool :)
[10:08] Hamilton Linden: Periapse Linden and Whump Linden are running the Public Open Grid Beta
[10:08] Strawberry Fride: extremely cool :)
[10:08] G2 Proto: love it
[10:08] Hamilton Linden: Hiro: you gotta have some fun
[10:08] Tara5 Oh: If people have time to type into the chat line who they are and how they like their name linked I am blogging this Historic meeting!!
[10:08] You: lol yeah
[10:08] Hamilton Linden: So Periapse do you want to take the floor
[10:08] Neas Bade: zha, do you have your patch merged up to trunk?
[10:08] You: I was about to add, I think the cheese is just Torley ;)
[10:09] Zha Ewry: And. as soon as we untangle the pipeline, the code should be on the mantis
[10:09] danx2 danx0r: before I crash again -- IRC bridge?
[10:09] Zha Ewry: (DrSco said its merged)
[10:09] Hamilton Linden: oh, he disconnected
[10:09] Nebadon Izumi is Offline
[10:09] Hamilton Linden: so we have a link for the Public Open Grid Beta
[10:09] Hamilton Linden:
[10:09] Nebadon Izumi is Online
[10:09] Hamilton Linden: You just need to contact Periapse or Whump Linden and they'll get you setup
[10:09] paulie Flomar: woots!
[10:10] G2 Proto: doing so taoday!
[10:10] Hamilton Linden: We're officially committing to July 31st to start
[10:10] Adam Frisby: Shiny.
[10:10] BlueWall Slade: hehe
[10:10] Neas Bade: hmmm I didn't see it on the internal list except in the notes mutilated state
[10:10] Hamilton Linden: but we'd obviously like to do it sooner
[10:10] Dahlia Trimble is Online
[10:10] Strawberry Fride: Brilliant! :)
[10:10] G2 Proto: us too
[10:10] Hamilton Linden: Peripase you back?
[10:10] G2 Proto: :)
[10:10] Neas Bade: if you resend there, I'll post it to the mantis
[10:10] Neas Bade: it would be nice to get it out during this meeting
[10:10] paulie Flomar: Howdeh, dahlia. :)
[10:10] Adam Frisby: Yeah that would be cool
[10:10] Dahlia Trimble: hi :)
[10:11] Hiro Protagonist: a very quick question if I may, about you folk's successful jump to osgrid: upon arrival, did you get inventories local to this grid?
[10:11] Tess Linden is Offline
[10:11] Kurt Stringer is Online
[10:11] Hamilton Linden: When it starts they'll give you the info for the downloadable viewer and access to the Agent Domain Host
[10:12] G2 Proto: cool!
[10:12] Hamilton Linden: Hopefully Zha will have his code in before then
[10:12] Neas Bade: so, I had a question on Agent Domains
[10:12] Kurt Stringer is Offline
[10:12] paulie Flomar: 27 agents on here, now. :)
[10:12] Hamilton Linden: for the OpenSim OGP support
[10:12] Neas Bade: how would you do hand off between them?
[10:12] Kurt Stringer is Online
[10:12] Zha Ewry: Its working through the path now, to mantis, I hope
[10:12] Hamilton Linden: That's defined in the Teleport Strawman
[10:12] Neas Bade: between agent domains?
[10:12] Adam Frisby: 28 :D
[10:12] Rez Tone is Offline
[10:13] Hamilton Linden: Currently it has one agent domain and supports multiple region domains
[10:13] Adam Frisby: I'd love to get this many avs in a profiler session, be interesting to see what shows up.
[10:13] Hamilton Linden: we have to walk before we run :-)
[10:13] Hamilton Linden: Any other questions?
[10:13] G2 Proto: fair enough
[10:13] G2 Proto: no just thanks for the progress!
[10:13] Charles Krinkeb: Absolutely, Hamilton. Thanks for the update so far.
[10:13] BlueWall Slade: At this point, what do you need from us as testers?
[10:13] Neas Bade: right, but that actually restricts what we can do in the opensim world. As today, because all the handoffs are between regions, inter grid teleport is actually possible
[10:13] You: this machine seems incapable of a profile adam
[10:14] Neas Bade: it would be nice to not loose that with agent domain
[10:14] Hiro Protagonist: Awesome Hamilton
[10:14] Hiro Protagonist: And thanks a heap and a stack for all your hard work on this Zha :)
[10:14] Teravus Ousley is Online
[10:14] Hamilton Linden: BlueWall, visiting the Public Open Grid Beta page and following up with Periapse or Whump is what's needed so they can put you on the list
[10:14] G2 Proto: Zha rules!
[10:14] Justin Clark-Casey: +1 on neas
[10:14] Tara5 Oh is Offline
[10:14] Zha Ewry: The agent domain, is pretty thin, but. it's certainly a good point
[10:14] BlueWall Slade: ok, thanks
[10:15] Dahlia Trimble: have a url for that page?
[10:15] Neas Bade: I'm less concerned by how big the agent domain is
[10:15] Aramis Soren:
[10:15] Neas Bade: and more concerned that you are locked into 1
[10:15] Zha Ewry: Right
[10:15] Dahlia Trimble: ty :)
[10:15] Zha Ewry: In fact, I'm trying really hard to be death on singletons
[10:15] Hiro Protagonist: 29 Avs
[10:15] Hamilton Linden: I understand the "I want everything yesterday argument"
[10:15] Charles Krinkeb: 29 users, VIRT=1143, RES=860. 9 to go for the record.
[10:16] Justin Clark-Casey: still got headroom for more avs I think
[10:16] Pixel Gausman: Neas: in theory the protocols are open... so anyone could implement a version of agentdomain, right?
[10:16] Zha Ewry: search, and such, as singletons, are anoying today, we really shoudl be not introducing one
[10:16] Hamilton Linden: But I think this is a big step forward and we really are looking forward to pushing this interop forward with you
[10:16] Hiro Protagonist: 393 MB according to the region console
[10:16] Neas Bade: Pixel, no I think you missed my point
[10:16] Justin Clark-Casey: yeah, 850 according to top though
[10:16] G2 Proto: same here Hanilton this is huge news today thanks again
[10:16] Aramis Soren: this can only mean Good Things for all
[10:16] Neas Bade: it's active hand off that is the concern
[10:16] Charles Krinkeb: Hamilton. Our desire it to test in an objective fashion when you are ready.
[10:16] Hamilton Linden: Great
[10:16] BlueWall Slade: yes, it's great news
[10:17] Hiro Protagonist: Awesome news :D
[10:17] Charles Krinkeb: We certainly dont want to deploy anything, but rather to test and work out logical details.
[10:17] Hamilton Linden: That's all from us Charles
[10:17] Hiro Protagonist tries not to hop up and down
[10:17] Tara5 Oh is Online
[10:18] Aramis Soren: hiro bouncy ball animation in library hehe
[10:18] Charles Krinkeb: Thanks, Hamilton. Let me segue to the same question as last week "What are the remaining impediments to get to a 0.6 release and can we do it this month?"
[10:18] Zha Ewry: There are a bunch of issues which I think willl really get some good input from the community
[10:18] Adam Frisby: Mantis #1696 has the code for interop.
[10:18] Adam Frisby: (FYI)
[10:18] Hiro Protagonist: FTW!
[10:18] Zha Ewry: Its really important that we bview this, not as just the needs of what Linden is doing.. but.. the community in the large
[10:18] Justin Clark-Casey: zha: +1
[10:18] Neas Bade: ok, cool
[10:18] BlueWall Slade: \0/
[10:18] Hiro Protagonist nods
[10:19] Justin Clark-Casey: ckrinke: what was on the board for 0.6?
[10:19] Hiro Protagonist: also tho, important to realize you can only play catch with someone else who haz a ballglove
[10:19] Aramis Soren ponders that deep thought
[10:19] Charles Krinkeb: LSL functions, nHibernate, closing some Mantisi as I recall.
[10:20] Hiro Protagonist: we've roughed up mantis pretty good I think
[10:20] Aramis Soren: what happened with the griefers last nite? any more trouble?
[10:21] Hiro Protagonist: plenteh, but we've swept up and locked down again
[10:21] You: nah, just some dumb kids
[10:21] Aramis Soren: cool but you had to turn off build here?
[10:21] You: their fun lasted about 15 minutes
[10:21] Hiro Protagonist: depnds on who you ask, I suppose *winks*
[10:21] Justin Clark-Casey: you guys need some police uniforms
[10:21] You: hehe
[10:21] Aramis Soren: GP Grid Police
[10:21] Hiro Protagonist snickers
[10:21] Charles Krinkeb: The griefers are causing us to focus on some security issues in the software and thats a good thing.
[10:21] Chrome Carter: dark suits wuld be cooler :P
[10:21] You: well
[10:21] You: since we are on this topic
[10:22] You: i wanted to see if anyone thought about getting allowed avatars working
[10:22] You: on land manager
[10:22] Adam Frisby: It used to work
[10:22] You: Shenlei and I are planning a party
[10:22] You: for here on OSGrid
[10:22] You: we wanted it to be RSVP
[10:22] G2 Proto: yes!
[10:22] Strawberry Fride: yey!
[10:22] Hiro Protagonist: ok Neb
[10:22] You: and be able to block everyone whos not invited
[10:22] Hiro Protagonist: we need to tewst out on that
[10:22] You: i did
[10:22] Hiro Protagonist: *test even
[10:22] You: it doesnt keep the list
[10:23] You: you can add people
[10:23] You: but when you go back to list later
[10:23] You: its empty
[10:23] Hiro Protagonist: oh okies ;)
[10:23] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: very nice
[10:23] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: the party I mean
[10:23] You: yea
[10:23] Justin Clark-Casey: it' ll be a real stress tester
[10:23] You: yep
[10:23] Charles Krinkeb: Getting back to 0.6. Do we want to aim for a 0.6 this month still? And should this be on the list?
[10:23] You: Adam has volunteered some heavy duty hardware for event
[10:24] Adam Frisby: :)
[10:24] Aramis Soren: maybe plan for 2 adjacent grids, more people that way?
[10:24] Hiro Protagonist: I think we should keep our goals for 0.6 static
[10:24] Adam Frisby: I just realised we could probably use our mailserver for it. We never put it into production, but it's a dual quad core beast. >_>
[10:24] You: right now the plan for party is 6 sims
[10:24] G2 Proto: great idea
[10:24] Hiro Protagonist: we're pretty well aware there's an occasional need to do something in a hurry
[10:24] Aramis Soren: woohoo
[10:24] Aramis Soren: and more "borrowed" hardware gotta love it lol
[10:24] Hiro Protagonist: our job is to communicate that need on that occasion
[10:25] Justin Clark-Casey: ckrinke: you know, I'm quite neutral on that topic
[10:25] You: how is LSL coming along Charles?
[10:25] Justin Clark-Casey: ckrinke: I'm a big fan of just putting out point releases at regular intervals when the code appears stable
[10:25] You: i must say i have not been keeping up to date
[10:25] Justin Clark-Casey: though I almost think an argument is coming that we should recommend people stay on actually numbered releases
[10:25] Teravus Ousley peeks at the total un-acked bytes at 9MB
[10:25] Justin Clark-Casey: rather than following head
[10:25] Charles Krinkeb: We need about 88 functions to finish fleshing out the stubs.
[10:25] Dr Scofield: hi hi
[10:25] Hiro Protagonist: Hello DrSco
[10:25] Dahlia Trimble: hi dr :)
[10:25] You: are we still looking at that as milestone for .6?
[10:26] Hiro Protagonist: 29 avs folks
[10:26] Garth FairChang: Hi Dr Sco
[10:26] Charles Krinkeb: It could be argued that we have sufficient, if the artists concur.
[10:26] Dahlia Trimble: noone move! lol
[10:26] G2 Proto: lol\
[10:26] Dr Scofield: coool
[10:26] Adam Frisby: Someone find 8 more people
[10:26] You: yea it seems to me it could be some time before the remaining 88 functions are stubbed out
[10:26] Charles Krinkeb: 31 avatars, VIRT=1194, RES=769
[10:26] Aramis Soren: my nose itches ;)
[10:26] G2 Proto: stopped breathing
[10:26] You: perhaps we should move it to .7 goal
[10:26] Hiro Protagonist: I think our LSL requirements were just for stubs - such that no call breaks the region
[10:27] Charles Krinkeb: We have had stubs for all since last September. But we must be talking about a different kind of stub.
[10:27] Adam Frisby: What about LSL events?
[10:27] Hiro Protagonist: it's good our functionality is so high, but I think we're where we need to be for 0.6
[10:27] You: yea
[10:27] Adam Frisby: How many of the 33 events do we support?
[10:27] Hiro Protagonist: not enough
[10:27] UUID Speaker: paulie Flomar, your key is 86003a74-b4d4-45fc-bfa7-46aab9949e94
[10:27] Adam Frisby: That's our major deficiency IMO
[10:27] Hiro Protagonist: I think events and current engine refactoring should be a hard and fast 0.7 target
[10:28] Wright Juran: Teravus, Stefan is actually going to look to see if he can improve the ack code during his holiday ( I made sure he had lots of homework to do during it)
[10:28] Shenlei Winkler is Offline
[10:28] Adam Frisby: Haha Wright
[10:28] You: i saw MikeM commited a new LSL compiler
[10:28] Hiro Protagonist: I concur totally Adam
[10:28] You: has anyone tested it yet?
[10:28] Adam Frisby: Tell him to hook up with Johan about the ClientStack
[10:28] Adam Frisby: Johan's been doing a lot of experimental work there
[10:28] Hiro Protagonist: 30 Avs
[10:28] Charles Krinkeb: That is one of our current weak points. The testers dont know how to test all the new features.
[10:28] You: yea i logged in plaza just to get 40
[10:29] You: 30
[10:29] You: lol
[10:29] Hiro Protagonist: 498MB by the region console (ouch)
[10:29] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: so login was fine for you?
[10:29] G2 Proto: i have friends trying to get in but cant
[10:29] Charles Krinkeb: VIRT=1237, RES=823
[10:29] You: i just logged in Plaza Builder
[10:29] Neas Bade: Wright, grat
[10:29] You: so it is working
[10:29] Justin Clark-Casey: yeah, we seem to be having issues with logins
[10:29] Hiro Protagonist: 31 Avs
[10:29] Neas Bade: great
[10:29] Adam Frisby: 31. :D
[10:29] Teravus Ousley is Offline
[10:29] Hiro Protagonist: lost Teravus
[10:29] Dr Scofield: justin, logim was fine, movement sucks
[10:29] Charles Krinkeb: I suspect we are stressing a number of servers right now.
[10:30] Hamilton Linden: Thanks! Gonna split. Cya.
[10:30] Charles Krinkeb: Smoke coming out of the top of the userServer.
[10:30] You: plaza builder is moving around ok
[10:30] Hiro Protagonist: I think the U service is just choking on simultaneous logins
[10:30] G2 Proto: ok cya hamilton thank you and LL
[10:30] Charles Krinkeb: See you, Hamilton, and thanks.
[10:30] BlueWall Slade: thanks for all the info Hamilton
[10:30] Hiro Protagonist: THanks Lined Folk!
[10:30] Justin Clark-Casey: yeah, I can't alawyas tell whether movement sucks because of my graphics card or because of the sim
[10:30] Adam Frisby: Should we be heading to Zero's hours now?
[10:30] Hiro Protagonist: *Linden
[10:30] Strawberry Fride: seeya Hamilton, and thanks again :)
[10:30] Chris D: Thanks
[10:30] Mike Ortman: woot
[10:30] Hamilton Linden: Zero's office hours are at 1 so not for another 35 minutes
[10:30] Adam Frisby: Heya Mike
[10:30] Hiro Protagonist: 31 Avs
[10:30] You: good stuff
[10:30] You: another record :D
[10:30] Adam Frisby: so let's keep trying to pile on avs then
[10:30] G2 Proto: yeah!
[10:30] You: thanks everyone for contributing to this
[10:30] Adam Frisby: Oh cool
[10:31] Aramis Soren: someone post slurl for that please
[10:31] G2 Proto: we are they cant get in
[10:31] Mike Ortman: whats fantastic is this is the first time ive logged into a heavy sim on this laptop
[10:31] Charles Krinkeb: We need 8 to break Adam's record.
[10:31] Adam Frisby: Hehe
[10:31] Mike Ortman: and im getting 56fps!
[10:31] G2 Proto: wow
[10:31] Dr Scofield: zha code is in the mantis:
[10:31] Hiro Protagonist: :D
[10:31] Dahlia Trimble is Offline
[10:31] Mike Ortman: then I turn..and go down to 18
[10:31] Strawberry Fride: what are you running on??
[10:31] Teravus Ousley is Online
[10:31] You: hehe sounds like some Dual 8800's
[10:31] Mike Ortman: its a 15" macbook pro with the higherend graphics card :P
[10:31] Strawberry Fride: with all settings set to minimum detail :)
[10:32] Charles Krinkeb: Did we decide if there will be a 0.6 this month?
[10:32] You: intersting
[10:32] Mike Ortman: 256mb 8600m I think
[10:32] paulie Flomar: I say go for 0.6.
[10:32] You: thats pretty good framerate for that machine
[10:32] Justin Clark-Casey: charles: I think it is your call really
[10:32] Charles Krinkeb: And regardless, what needs to be done in the next week?
[10:32] Dahlia Trimble is Online
[10:32] Strawberry Fride: that's what I'm on - 'cept I rarely get more than 10fps 'cos I demand all the settings at max and run at 1900x1200
[10:32] You: suprising actually
[10:32] Zha Ewry: Between 15-20 here, with full up windlight on
[10:32] Zha Ewry: (and that's laptop, with nvdia
[10:33] Tara5 Oh: hey zha will you take me a Windlight photo?
[10:33] paulie Flomar: if we could get appearance working better so we didnt have to rebake all the time, that would be loverly.
[10:33] Charles Krinkeb: If its my call, then I would say as long as no breakages occur in trunk for the couple of days leading up to a Saturday and reliability is good, we tag and bag.
[10:33] You: i used to get those kind of speeds prior to windlight
[10:33] You: i have a screenshot of 110fps
[10:33] You: in SL
[10:33] You: hehe
[10:33] Zha Ewry: Mstly gray, or paritcle cloudy people, Tara
[10:33] Justin Clark-Casey: charles: you're planning on a 0.5.9 and then a 0.6?
[10:33] Tara5 Oh: hehe that is my problem
[10:33] Adam Frisby: 0.5.10?
[10:33] Adam Frisby: Nothing wrong with that
[10:33] Justin Clark-Casey: adam: absolutely - then we can go on as long as we need before 0.6 :)
[10:34] Adam Frisby: :)
[10:34] You: yea me personally
[10:34] Zha Ewry: 0.5.25
[10:34] Charles Krinkeb: Do we feel we have 60% of the features functional an average secondlife user would expect??
[10:34] You: i say lets not rush it
[10:34] BlueWall Slade: we should prepare a press release for the 0.6
[10:34] Teravus Ousley notes that we have about 1/2 of the LSL events implemented
[10:34] Justin Clark-Casey: well, 1.0 isn't second life complaince you know, charles
[10:34] G2 Proto: i feel 60% is close
[10:34] Charles Krinkeb: Oh, I know.
[10:34] Wright Juran: charles if we release 0.6 this month, then think it should be at the end, when opensim is 1 and half years old
[10:34] Neas Bade: Wright, Adam, Ter, and issue if I add RegionID to SOP? It would make some of my mapping stuff a lot easier
[10:35] You: Wright Juran = MW?
[10:35] Adam Frisby: No Issue as far as I can tell
[10:35] Charles Krinkeb: Lets aim for the end of the month for a 0.6 and skip 0.5.9 and just go for it.
[10:35] Teravus Ousley: Yeah
[10:35] You: heh ok
[10:35] Teravus Ousley: @ nebadon
[10:35] paulie Flomar: ok
[10:35] Mike Ortman: quite a bit of movement lag
[10:35] You: yea
[10:35] You: we just beat the crap out of this server
[10:35] You: im not suprised
[10:35] You: lol
[10:35] Adam Frisby: Well
[10:35] Adam Frisby: We beat the crap out of it, and it didnt do anything silly
[10:35] Adam Frisby: I'd call that a win
[10:35] You: its probably leaking Heat Paste out of the case
[10:35] Hiro Protagonist: +1
[10:35] Tara5 Oh is Offline
[10:35] Aramis Soren: lol
[10:35] Tara5 Oh is Online
[10:35] Justin Clark-Casey: there are login issues though
[10:35] Adam Frisby: I'd even be willing to say maybe we should tag this particular revision as 0.5.9
[10:36] Adam Frisby: Because it is working fairly solidly.
[10:36] Justin Clark-Casey: but the causes could be complicated
[10:36] Neas Bade: yeh, login seems to be when we do some big cpu spikes
[10:36] Charles Krinkeb: As long as we think about 60% of the features are working, that seems reasonable. That is a total, not just events. But, it would be nice to get at least 2 more events working.
[10:36] Teravus Ousley: Yes, good idea
[10:36] Wright Juran: neas, can't think of anything, but mail to the list just to see if anyone can think of anything
[10:36] Adam Frisby: Hrrm
[10:36] Adam Frisby: Could i get some volunteers from here to help me profile the login spike?
[10:36] You: personally i think we have far less than 60% complete
[10:36] You: hehe
[10:36] Adam Frisby: I can setup a new sim in a few minutes with a profiler
[10:36] Hiro Protagonist: count me in AdamZaius
[10:36] Adam Frisby: if I could get everyone to login to it, maybe we can try find where we slow down if it's on the sim end
[10:36] You: sure
[10:36] Neas Bade: Wright, will do
[10:37] You: sounds good
[10:37] Strawberry Fride: sure, I'm game
[10:37] Adam Frisby: Give me 5 mins
[10:37] Adam Genkii: sure
[10:37] G2 Proto: k
[10:37] Hiro Protagonist: 10 if you need em
[10:37] Adam Frisby: I'll find a server of ours that isnt being used for something, hang on.
[10:37] Justin Clark-Casey: well, in the mean time, are there any other opensim issues?
[10:37] Charles Krinkeb: Next question: "What as testers can we do to support the developers better in the next week?"
[10:37] You: yea make sure its windows
[10:37] You: Adam
[10:37] Tara5 Oh: I have to go pick up kid from summer camp sorry!
[10:37] You: i bet this doesnt go as well on windows
[10:37] Hiro Protagonist: Bye Tara
[10:37] White Board: - So many people.... - Sit rotation bug - Neas is a slacker, nhibernate still in progress - Patch from Zha - Mantis 1696

[10:37] You: id like to see a good load test with profile done on windows and linux
[10:37] Justin Clark-Casey: see you tara5
[10:37] Tara5 Oh: cya soon!
[10:38] Strawberry Fride: seeya Tara :)
[10:38] Charles Krinkeb: bye, Tara
[10:38] You: im sure adams using windows though
[10:38] Hiro Protagonist: actually Neb
[10:38] Adam Genkii: Bye Tara5!
[10:38] Zha Ewry: When you're ready, tap me, and I can drop in at least 2 or 3 aves
[10:38] Tara5 Oh is Offline
[10:38] Dahlia Trimble: bye Tara :)
[10:38] Hiro Protagonist: given what we've been seeing - I would be surprised if they turned up anything much different
[10:38] You: yea
[10:38] Dahlia Trimble: I have an alt in the corner ;)
[10:38] You: we'll see
[10:38] Charles Krinkeb: Justin, Mw, Neas, Teravus? What can the testers do in the testing to help your work in the next week?
[10:38] You: granted this is good
[10:38] You: but if someone started building right now
[10:38] Hiro Protagonist: 31 avs
[10:38] You: forget
[10:38] You: this region would instantly die
[10:39] Hiro Protagonist: 542MB by the console
[10:39] Adam Genkii: Maybe test out scripts on Mike's compiler?
[10:39] You: i plan on doing that in a bit
[10:39] Dahlia Trimble: torturing prims while running ODE would help me
[10:39] Adam Frisby: hrrm
[10:39] Teravus Ousley: I'm currently in the middle of a work stint. not much time to devote to opensimulator at the moment
[10:39] Adam Frisby: We've got two mikes now.
[10:39] Justin Clark-Casey: charles: yes, what Adam Genkii said
[10:39] Adam Frisby: Mike from 3Di is officially mike#2.
[10:39] You: actually
[10:39] You: im a Mike too
[10:39] You: lol
[10:39] Adam Frisby: Since Mike from DeepThink was here first.
[10:39] Adam Frisby: :P
[10:39] Adam Genkii: mikem maybe
[10:39] Adam Frisby: You can be mike 3.
[10:39] Alex Strong: :P zomg i'm ruth! :P
[10:39] You: lol
[10:39] You: yay
[10:40] You: M3
[10:40] Charles Krinkeb: Sounds good. We'll see if we can make progress on that. Can we have a clue where to start?
[10:40] Adam Frisby: Hey Alex
[10:40] Adam Frisby beats Alex over the head.
[10:40] Adam Frisby: Mwuahhaa
[10:40] Alex Strong: I need to get myself a pair of pants i'll keep for at least 3 years
[10:40] Teravus Ousley slaps himself around with a large trout
[10:40] You: hehe
[10:40] Adam Genkii: I think he added some docs to the code
[10:40] Adam Genkii: or a txt file
[10:40] Adam Genkii: I haven't checked it out yet though
[10:40] You: right now i think the biggest region killer though
[10:40] You: is building
[10:40] Charles Krinkeb: I'll see if we can get some traction on that.
[10:41] Adam Frisby: Nebadon: Building should have gotten better after the patch I did over the weekend
[10:41] Justin Clark-Casey: yes, I guess reports on the current bottlenecks would be good
[10:41] You: like if someone is building while someone else is logging in
[10:41] Hiro Protagonist: timers and loops, oh MY!
[10:41] You: forget it
[10:41] You: region = dead
[10:41] You: it doesnt crash
[10:41] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: interesting
[10:41] You: but itbecomes quite unuseable
[10:41] You: region requires a restart
[10:41] Charles Krinkeb: As i understand it from the testers viewpoint, the two biggest issues are memory consumption and reliability of building with linked primsets.
[10:41] Justin Clark-Casey: what do you mean by unuseable?
[10:41] You: skiw
[10:41] You: slow
[10:41] You: unreliable
[10:42] Justin Clark-Casey: charles: what is wrong with linksets?
[10:42] You: you risk loosing your build
[10:42] You: ive had to hack database several times
[10:42] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: permanently? (by the sound of it)
[10:42] You: to get prim to start
[10:42] Hiro Protagonist: Justin: much trouble editing the linked parts
[10:42] You: and remove prims
[10:42] Hiro Protagonist: especially if you modify the root prim
[10:42] You: also
[10:42] Charles Krinkeb: I have heard several times that folks doing complicated builds get all bolloxed up. Maybe not linked primsets so much as more complicated builds.
[10:42] You: another crash
[10:42] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: is this on a region with many prims or fiew?
[10:42] Zha Ewry: Root prim is pretty painful t touch
[10:42] You: crashes the client
[10:42] Adam Frisby: Fokls: I might do this stress test later
[10:42] You: fill a prim with objects
[10:42] Adam Frisby: everyone going to be around on IRC?
[10:42] You: like 50 textures
[10:42] Justin Clark-Casey: yeah, complicated builds are going to start stressing the boundaries
[10:42] G2 Proto: yes
[10:42] Hiro Protagonist: I've done some very complex builds over whole regions
[10:43] You: then try to move the textures from the prim
[10:43] Justin Clark-Casey: I would be interested to talk to Shenlei about that some time too
[10:43] Justin Clark-Casey: since she has done some pretty complex looking stuff
[10:43] BlueWall Slade: you can't select all the prims and take them unlinked
[10:43] Hiro Protagonist: the linkset is what gets me
[10:43] Hiro Protagonist: I wont even edit a linkset at this point
[10:43] You: Shenlei works in Standalone though
[10:43] Hiro Protagonist: unlink/relink is reliable
[10:43] Hiro Protagonist: linkset is not
[10:43] You: i dont think standalone gets hammered like Grid mode does
[10:43] You: plus
[10:43] Justin Clark-Casey: hiro: okay.. might be worth trying to gather a mantis together at some point
[10:43] You: her regions dont have neighbors
[10:43] Justin Clark-Casey: on the linkset stuff
[10:43] Charles Krinkeb: We are also getting to the point where we can to mass teleports of 6 or more avatars simultaneously but things get quite slow until the packets all catch up with each other.
[10:43] Justin Clark-Casey: start gathering evidence
[10:43] Hiro Protagonist: ok justin will do sir
[10:44] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: yes,those are good points
[10:44] You: yea logging in and teleporting
[10:44] You: seem to clobber the region
[10:44] You: and if someone is there building
[10:44] You: it never recoveres
[10:44] Charles Krinkeb: So, I would say another issue from the testers viewpoint is that there are things which significantly lag the region down that could be addressed.
[10:44] Neas Bade: neb, yeh, there is a cpu spike on login and logout
[10:44] You: yea
[10:44] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: oh, so teleporting in at any point causes this iissue?
[10:44] Justin Clark-Casey: not just if something else is actively happening?
[10:44] You: yes, but its made worse when someone is in the receiving region
[10:44] You: and is building
[10:44] You: rezzing prims
[10:44] You: deleteing
[10:44] You: any of that coupled witha login/teleport = bad news
[10:45] Justin Clark-Casey: charles: yeah, we're entering the zone now, I feelm where it's going to get much more complicate dto fix these issues
[10:45] You: ive lost many prims
[10:45] You: because someone logged in when i rezzed or changed
[10:45] Justin Clark-Casey: before the bugs were obvius - now they're getting complicated
[10:45] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: okay, that's interesting
[10:45] Zha Ewry: OK, off to catch coffiee, prior to zero
[10:45] Neas Bade: I think one of the ways we need to address that is some cleaning of our existing structurs to make them easier to understand
[10:45] Zha Ewry: See some of you there, and I should be on iRC most of the time
[10:45] Hiro Protagonist: Thanks Zha!!
[10:45] BlueWall Slade: ThanZha
[10:45] Neas Bade: for instance, SOP has become an interesting beast :)
[10:45] G2 Proto: cya Zha
[10:45] Justin Clark-Casey: I'm surprised there is an effect - those guys are coming in on a completely different thread
[10:45] Justin Clark-Casey: neas: yes
[10:45] Dahlia Trimble: bye Zha :)
[10:46] Dr Scofield: locks?
[10:46] Adam Frisby: Oh random side task:
[10:46] Justin Clark-Casey: those classes need to be unbundled if possible, I think
[10:46] You: well i can tell you
[10:46] Adam Frisby: someone should fix upthe wikipedias page for OpenSim. ;)
[10:46] You: when im standing on Zaius Plaza
[10:46] RobinG2 Proto: bye Zha
[10:46] You: and someone logs in
[10:46] Neas Bade: I started changing setter/getter stuff to properties
[10:46] You: until they can move
[10:46] You: im frozen
[10:46] Hiro Protagonist: I'll have a look at that Adam
[10:46] Justin Clark-Casey: Dr Schofield: locks indeed :)
[10:46] Zha Ewry: Not laggy at all
[10:46] You: yea big fat locks
[10:46] Neas Bade: I was also thinking about encapsulating permissions in general to a framework object
[10:46] You: made of kryptonite
[10:46] Justin Clark-Casey: big fat fucking locks
[10:46] You: hehe
[10:46] Neas Bade: as I think that would help pull a lot of code out
[10:46] Neas Bade: of random places
[10:47] Teravus Ousley: Heh, I edit a wikipedia entry and every time.. someone reverts it back to what it was. I hate that because I tend to spend a lot of time getting references.
[10:47] Justin Clark-Casey: neas: sounds good
[10:47] Charles Krinkeb: Have we covered 0.6, testers helping developers & tester requests sufficiently for today?
[10:47] Neas Bade: things I'm finding while doing the rest of the nhibernate mappings
[10:47] AB_Bar Stool no anim: changed
[10:47] AB_Bar Stool no anim: changedlink
[10:47] AB_Bar Stool no anim: avatarunsat
[10:47] Neas Bade: anyway, need to run away a bit early today. Catch you all online
[10:47] You: ok Sean
[10:48] paulie Flomar: I'm off. Great meeting! Bye, everyone!
[10:48] You: i'll post this to the wiki
[10:48] You: the chat log
[10:48] Justin Clark-Casey: bye neas
[10:48] Neas Bade is Offline
[10:48] paulie Flomar waves bye
[10:48] Charles Krinkeb: I think we are trying to finish in 5 minutes at 12:45PM PDT
[10:48] Charles Krinkeb: Since we started early.
[10:48] paulie Flomar is Offline
[10:48] You: sure
[10:48] You: anyone who is interested in helping with the load test today
[10:48] Justin Clark-Casey: I keep forgetting the clock here is out of whack
[10:48] BlueWall Slade: yse good meeting
[10:48] Charles Krinkeb: Any other issues we need to bring up in the last 5 minutes?
[10:48] You: please keep checking the IRC
[10:48] Justin Clark-Casey is going to finally get omething to eat
[10:48] Adam Frisby: Yeah
[10:48] Aramis Soren: can do nebadon
[10:48] You: #opensim on
[10:49] Adam Frisby: I'm going to grab a snack then head to Zeros
[10:49] Adam Genkii is going to sleep
[10:49] Aramis Soren: slurl for Zero?
[10:49] Justin Clark-Casey: Adam Genkii: what time is it where you are?
[10:49] Teravus Ousley: Grasmere
[10:49] Adam Genkii: 4:42AM
[10:49] You: geez
[10:49] Justin Clark-Casey: sweet jesus
[10:49] Hiro Protagonist: See y'all at Zero's
[10:49] Adam Genkii: almost time to wake up
[10:49] Charles Krinkeb: My focus next week will be the same. In this order 1) Linden interop 2) 0.6 release, 3) Testers helping developers 4) Developers helping testers.
[10:49] Teravus Ousley: .. or Pooley Stage.. but..
[10:49] Justin Clark-Casey: Adam Genkii: heh
[10:49] G2 Proto: sounds great Charles
[10:49] Justin Clark-Casey: charle: eh? I never signed up for 4!
[10:50] Justin Clark-Casey: scandalous
[10:50] Hiro Protagonist waves
[10:50] You: lol
[10:50] Charles Krinkeb: <harumph>
[10:50] G2 Proto: harumph
[10:50] Adam Frisby: Seeya folks
[10:50] G2 Proto: cya Adam
[10:50] Teravus Ousley: hpmurah
[10:50] Justin Clark-Casey: bye adan
[10:50] Justin Clark-Casey: adam
[10:50] Adam Genkii: Later all
[10:50] G2 Proto: im out too guys cya next time
[10:50] Chillken Proto: goodnight all
[10:50] Dr Scofield: time to have dinner
[10:50] Adam Genkii: good meeting
[10:50] You: ok, thanks everyone
[10:50] Dr Scofield: cya
[10:50] Justin Clark-Casey: bye adam, chillken, g2
[10:50] Charles Krinkeb: Thanks folks. Since we started the meeting significantly early, I am declaring the official meeting closed and informal discussions as anybody wishes.
[10:50] You: anyone has anything else they would like to discuss
[10:50] You: #opensim-dev
[10:50] Justin Clark-Casey: er, everybody
[10:51] You: is the place
[10:51] Teravus Ousley is Offline
[10:51] Teravus Ousley is Offline
[10:51] Dahlia Trimble heads to Zero's..... bye all :)
[10:51] RobinG2 Proto: bye guys heading out with G2 - catch you all soon
[10:51] You: bye dahlia
[10:51] Dahlia Trimble is Offline
[10:51] Dahlia Trimble is Offline
[10:51] Aramis Soren: link again for those who may have missed
[10:51] You: heh is ALbot Dahlias bot
[10:51] Aramis Soren:
[10:51] You: lol
[10:51] Charles Krinkeb: Wow. The sim survived and didnt crash. I never would of believed it if I had not experienced it personally.
[10:51] You: yea
[10:51] Aramis Soren: woohoo
[10:51] You: i crashed once
[10:51] Kurt Stringer: Charles: just a request - if we start early in the future - can we change the time in IRC?
[10:51] You: but that was it

Personal tools
About This Wiki