Issues with building in OpenSim
Single prim issues
- Prims rezzed from inventory appear with the root prim's center at the raycast point, halfway underground
- There is a Rotation Error of .33 degrees which becomes more & more noticable with Larger Prims, this is a Viewer Mathematics issue.
- Selecting multiple prims in a linkset and rotating them rotates them in place instead of rotating them around the geometric center of the selection
- Link set members often and unpredictably cannot be edited
- Linksets often become unusable after adding prims and need to be drag-copied to restore them to working order
- Unable to change a Texture on a specific Prim in a Linkset, it reverts after a few moments of releasing the link set.
- Unable to change many object properties of a child prim in a Linkset (e.g. path cut, hollow, twist, taper, top shear).
- Shift-Copy & Ctrl-Z will not return object to original position if moved greater than 2 metres distance.
- Ctrl-Z changes rotation values.
Quirks and differences to SL
Related Links external to WIKI
OSGrid Forums Related Posting: