This page aims to explain the server side permissions as implemented by the default PermissionsModule.
| This article or section contains incomplete information.
Please help us by completing the content on this page.
On this page, each permission group is defined as a 'Set' - that is, who is within that set. A Set can contain other Sets.
Due to historical reasons, The Region Master is called Master Avatar, Region Master or Region Owner interchangeably.
1/Region, specified in the region xml.
Somebody set to administrate the content of a set of regions within an estate.
- if (Region Owner is God) Region Owner
- if (Grid Gods Allowed) GodLevel > 200
- Estate Owner
Specified in estate_settings
A 'God' has a 'god level' - this concept is under development. The 'god' concept is a way to assign users trust levels, rather than incorporating them into a policy group like 'administrators' or 'estate managers'. See also Userlevel
- Estate Owner
- Listed in estate_managers
Specified in land
- Parcel Owner
- Estate Managers
Has permissions to manage content on an object level.
Comments taken from the code:
- The default is to deny.
- People shouldn't be able to do anything with locked objects, except the Administrator. The 'set permissions' runs through a different permission check, so when an object owner sets an object locked, the only thing that they can do is unlock it. Nobody but the object owner can set permissions on an object.
- Object owners should be able to edit their own content
- Users should be able to edit what is over their land.
- Estate users should be able to edit anything in the sim
- Admin objects should not be editable by estate managers or parcel owners
- Admin should be able to edit anything in the sim (including admin objects)
- if locked only Administrators
- if not locked,
- Object Owner
- if(Owner not Administrator) Parcel Owner
- if(Owner not Administrator) Estate Manager