If you want to propose a feature, you should do so on the opensim-dev mailing list. If there is interest or if you plan to write the code yourself, you can create a page here. Please do not propose features in the Mantis bug tracker. Please do not propose features if you don't have a clear idea of how they would work on a technical level. Please do not propose features expecting other people to do the implementation work without convincing them first - this will not happen.
Feature proposals must be created in conjunction with a post to the opensim-dev mailing list - if they are just created here then it's possible they will not get seen by other developers.
If you're adding a proposal here, please do it with a page name of Feature_Proposals/<name of service>. For example Feature_Proposals/AutoBackup.
- Feature Proposal Template - Use this template for your document.
- Feature Proposals/Dynamic Attributes in Scene Objects
- Feature Proposals/Deduplicating Asset Service
- Feature Proposals/Improve Groups Service
- RemoteAdmin:RemoteAdmin_Proposals - proposals for additional RemoteAdmin external methods.
- Feature Proposals/Multi-Region OARs
- Statistics Server - Proposal for a statistics server in OpenSimulator.
- OpenID - Proposal for using OpenID in OpenSimulator
- AssetServerProposal - Proposal for a distributed asset server
- A better SimCrossing - A work in progress about implementing a smooth simcrossing
- Creating profiles not used for login - RFC for alternative ways of creating profiles that will never be used for login
- OpenSim Profile Anchors - a mechanism for retaining creator information for offline item transfers
- Explicit Object Serialization - a proposal to explicitly serialize scene objects rather than using automatic .NET XML serialization
- Opensim: 0.5 Release Target Discussion
- Opensim: 0.6 Release Target Discussion
- Opensim: Future Release Discussion
- OpenWiredux: Taking the next step