Chat log from the meeting on 2023-05-23

From OpenSimulator

Jump to: navigation, search
[11:01 AM PT]  Andrew Hellershanks: Hello, everyone.
[11:01 AM PT]  Tess JL: Hello!
[11:01 AM PT]  Ubit Umarov: hi
[11:03 AM PT]  Motoko.Karu hihi
[11:03 AM PT]  Lyr Lobo: Hello! *grins*
[11:05 AM PT]  Andrew Hellershanks: We have most of the regular attendees here today so we can get started.
[11:06 AM PT]  Andrew Hellershanks: Vincent, You do a good job on summarizing the past weeks activities. Care to kick us off for today?
[11:06 AM PT]  Ubit Umarov: well code changes.. hmm again on that httpclient thing
[11:06 AM PT]  Ubit Umarov: moved some more code from httpwebrequest to it..
[11:06 AM PT]  Andrew Hellershanks: I see quite a few commits related to httpwebrequest
[11:07 AM PT]  Ubit Umarov: yeap we have it everywhere
[11:07 AM PT]  Ubit Umarov: Vicent called my attention to some access control to parcels, to i made a few changes
[11:08 AM PT]  Jamie.Jordan hi everybody
[11:08 AM PT]  Andrew Hellershanks: Hello, Jamie
[11:08 AM PT]  Motoko.Karu hihi jamie
[11:08 AM PT]  Ubit Umarov: to better enforce admins and owners rights to get it
[11:08 AM PT]  Lyr Lobo: Greetings!
[11:09 AM PT]  Vincent.Sylvester Used to get a ticket each month about the userflags people locking themselves off their own land, did fix it locally, but now is on dotnet branch as well :)
[11:09 AM PT]  Andrew Hellershanks: :)
[11:09 AM PT]  Ubit Umarov: early today Misterblue did a commit:;   Add physDisableDeactivation() LSL function to ExtendedPhysics.
[11:09 AM PT]  Ubit Umarov: that is actually a bullet thing.. so.. ive no idea :)
[11:10 AM PT]  Andrew Hellershanks: Hello, Kayaker.
[11:10 AM PT]  Ubit Umarov: think i fixed mantis 9078
[11:10 AM PT]  Kayaker Magic: hi all!
[11:11 AM PT]  Ubit Umarov: that was a bit spam or log warnigs when using that  ExtendedPhysics module...
[11:12 AM PT]  Ubit Umarov: i then added code to disable that module whrn bullet is not the physics engine, but did revert that
[11:12 AM PT]  Vincent.Sylvester Fixed it more elegantly than just my ignore if set approach heh
[11:13 AM PT]  Ubit Umarov: that module is mostly specific to Bullet..  but should just cause script fail if bullet is not there
[11:13 AM PT]  Ubit Umarov: so i allowed it to be up again with ubOde, etc
[11:13 AM PT]  Ubit Umarov: well think that was it..
[11:14 AM PT]  Lyr Lobo grins and nods
[11:14 AM PT]  Ubit Umarov: ( long meditation period now )
[11:15 AM PT]  Vincent.Sylvester You did also add some documentation on the wiki
[11:15 AM PT]  Andrew Hellershanks: Those changes kept you busy this past week.
[11:15 AM PT]  Ubit Umarov: hmm think i did a few changes there yes
[11:15 AM PT]  Andrew Hellershanks: Come on in and have a seat, Web
[11:15 AM PT]  Lyr Lobo: documentation rules
[11:15 AM PT]  Andrew Hellershanks: Indeed.
[11:16 AM PT]  Ubit Umarov: also answered a email form joe with information about large regions protocol changes
[11:16 AM PT]  Andrew Hellershanks: I have recently acquired a couple of books on the topic of documentation.
[11:16 AM PT]  Ubit Umarov: hope useful
[11:16 AM PT]  Lyr Lobo: documentation used to be my life when I worked in the Aerospace industry
[11:17 AM PT]  Web Rain: Hi there :)
[11:17 AM PT]  Motoko.Karu Hihi Web
[11:17 AM PT]  Tess JL: Hello Web
[11:17 AM PT]  Andrew Hellershanks: I hope the books may prove useful. The first one, not directly. It is about managing docs just as you manage code. The second one is more about writing docs. I have a software project that needs to be documented in detail.
[11:17 AM PT]  Andrew Hellershanks: I'm hoping the books may help me to organize the information I need to write down.
[11:18 AM PT]  Andrew Hellershanks: Hello, Web.
[11:18 AM PT]  Tess JL: I'd love to help maintaining the wiki if I can but really, what it needs right now is an update of the structure.
[11:18 AM PT]  Andrew Hellershanks: Lyr, careful or you will find yourself having volunteered to write up docs about OpenSim. :)
[11:18 AM PT]  Lyr Lobo: yes, if commercial versus defense contracting, the process may differ
[11:19 AM PT]  Lyr Lobo grins and nods
[11:19 AM PT]  Lyr Lobo: i figured *winks*
[11:19 AM PT]  Tess JL: I don't think a single person can possibly handle the job *writing* all the documentation. BUt we certainly could need an expert administering it
[11:19 AM PT]  Andrew Hellershanks: Tess: Yes, the structure could stand some improvement. It isn't always easy to find the information one needs.
[11:20 AM PT]  Tess JL: One question there btw, is it within the opensimulator wiki's scope to document alternative forsk of the software too?
[11:21 AM PT]  Vincent.Sylvester I do recall there is some way to find the oldest pages on the wiki, those likely need updates, that's where things should start. Couple areas I know that need work. Documentation on what lsl is implemented and caveats. How to write modules, structure of robust services, database structure.
[11:21 AM PT]  Andrew Hellershanks: Tess, they can be mentioned but I wouldn't put a lot of effort in to documenting other forks. It would be better to point to the other projects own docs. We could have a page or two about differences between stock OS and other forks, perhaps.
[11:22 AM PT]  Joe Magarac: What I could use in documentation are differences from Second Life visible to the viewer.
[11:22 AM PT]  Tess JL: That's what I thought, Andrew
[11:23 AM PT]  Andrew Hellershanks: A table of contents set of pages would also be useful.
[11:23 AM PT]  Tess JL: I think the best approach would be to do it the way you programmers do code cleaning: fix things as and when they turn up. We do need somebody to look at the overall strucute though.
[11:23 AM PT]  Joe Magarac: I've been able to figure out varregions, and have those working now.
[11:23 AM PT]  Tess JL: And ... ummm... dare I say it, maybe the age design could do with an upgrade too. ;-)
[11:23 AM PT]  Joe Magarac: And I'd really like to understand how OS does region crossings.
[11:23 AM PT]  Vincent.Sylvester Biggest differences I can think of are how Bakes work, being viewerside not serverside and profiles using the older protocol. There are some minor things too here and there, but would have to look
[11:24 AM PT]  Joe Magarac: Oh, yes. Bakes. The world map. "Buddies", whatever those are. Avatar control.
[11:24 AM PT]  Andrew Hellershanks: Tess, do you have an account on the wiki? If not, request one. I'll approve you when I see the request. If you don't get approved in a day or two IM me.
[11:25 AM PT]  Web Rain: plz let me know when is the community time ^^ i have a bug report and a dev request...
[11:25 AM PT]  Joe Magarac: I've made a few updates to the wiki regarding varregions.
[11:25 AM PT]  Vincent.Sylvester Buddies is that "can see me on map" "can edit my objects" thing just packaged up in some structure, the friends permissions I guess you'd call that
[11:26 AM PT]  Andrew Hellershanks: web, ok, noted. I'll call on you soon.
[11:26 AM PT]  Vincent.Sylvester Web, bug reports can go onto mantis
[11:26 AM PT]  Vincent.Sylvester Avatar control? Like movement or?
[11:27 AM PT]  Andrew Hellershanks: If there are a couple of you here that want to work on cleaning up the wiki I would suggest making use of the OS mailing list and/or IRC channel to discuss and coordinate proposed changes
[11:28 AM PT]  Andrew Hellershanks: Anything else on the topic of the wiki?
[11:29 AM PT]  Andrew Hellershanks: Does anyone know of a ban being imposed against certain versions of the FS viewer?
[11:30 AM PT]  Vincent.Sylvester Another thing that's different is while we have most of the caps implemented, some are not used. Assets come from regions still, because of dynamic textures. Technically that fetchlib2 is in there and would be able to point at asset server directly, but then need some sort of fallback for the dynamic textures, since they are local to the region only
[11:30 AM PT]  Lyr Lobo: older versions or you mean to avoid large log files in OS?
[11:30 AM PT]  Andrew Hellershanks: Gavin is having trouble getting here using his Dayturn viewer.
[11:30 AM PT]  Andrew Hellershanks: It identifies as Dayturn version
[11:31 AM PT]  Ubit Umarov: hmm?
[11:31 AM PT]  Vincent.Sylvester Possible the version number is getting matched against a denied rule
[11:31 AM PT]  Andrew Hellershanks: That appears to be the case.
[11:31 AM PT]  Ubit Umarov: well osgrid did block some viewers yes
[11:31 AM PT]  Vincent.Sylvester Been practice to ban some viewer versions because their mismatch in protocols can cause issues
[11:32 AM PT]  Vincent.Sylvester Probably old singu versions that might get matched to
[11:32 AM PT]  Ubit Umarov: well he needs to test that with dan banner
[11:33 AM PT]  Ubit Umarov: if it is a grid ban on viewer
[11:36 AM PT]  Andrew Hellershanks nods
[11:36 AM PT]  Andrew Hellershanks: I just told him to contact Dan.
[11:37 AM PT]  Andrew Hellershanks: I was going to see if Dan was on IRC but I don't remember which IRC server/channel he usually is on when he is around.
[11:37 AM PT]  Andrew Hellershanks: Web, you had a bug report and a request?
[11:38 AM PT]  Web Rain: yes
[11:38 AM PT]  Andrew Hellershanks: Go ahead
[11:38 AM PT]  Web Rain: I would like to report a small bug related to LlGetHTTPHeader which does not return the specified header... just an empty string... now that Ubit is working on the change to the httpClient... i think is the right time... maybe to add the full headers
[11:38 AM PT]  Ubit Umarov: ohh damm
[11:39 AM PT]  Ubit Umarov: i need to fix some information added to wiki on large regions
[11:39 AM PT]  Ubit Umarov: bahh
[11:39 AM PT]  Web Rain: this bug may not appear in the first incoming http request! you have to send many requests from multiples origins
[11:39 AM PT]  Ubit Umarov:
[11:40 AM PT]  Ubit Umarov: some of that is... well wrong or confusing
[11:40 AM PT]  Vincent.Sylvester I do recall seeing there was a caveat addition to httprequest on the lsl wiki about implicit casting of returned data to text/plain if not datatype is sent in the header by the return
[11:40 AM PT]  Ubit Umarov: "Terrain is sent in blocks of patches of 16 x 16 terrain heights, as with Second Life.[2]. Terrain squares are 4x4 meters regardless of region size. Larger regions have more patches." grrrrr
[11:41 AM PT]  Ubit Umarov: No..  4 meters are on another movie...
[11:41 AM PT]  Web Rain: for the dev request is this osGiveLinkedInventory; osGiveLinkedInventoryList; osGetLinkedInventoryKey; osGetLinkedInventoryName; osGetLinkedInventoryNumber; osGetLinkedInventoryType
[11:42 AM PT]  Tess JL: That info shouldn't be on a varregion specific page anyway but on a general page about terrain
[11:42 AM PT]  Tess JL: But løetæs get back to web's issue
[11:43 AM PT]  Web Rain: i already asked this in the JCC era but the things was not evolved like nowday opensim permissions...
[11:43 AM PT]  Tess JL: Have you filed a bug report, Web?
[11:43 AM PT]  Andrew Hellershanks: Web, You can file the request in mantis so the request doesn't get lost. Permissions would have to be worked out for those functions.
[11:43 AM PT]  Tess JL: It's good for Ubit to get it in writing there rather than shift through the protocol from the meeting
[11:43 AM PT]  Web Rain: not yet
[11:43 AM PT]  Tess JL:
[11:43 AM PT]  Vincent.Sylvester Linked is heavy, looking through linksets to fetch inventory information even more so. Depending on scale might be less heavy to just pop a script into the links
[11:44 AM PT]  Ubit Umarov: wel i had edit that page a few days ago.. then got "improved"...
[11:45 AM PT]  Vincent.Sylvester We don't really do threat levels anymore or something
[11:45 AM PT]  Vincent.Sylvester Permissions on giving inventory are done after the stuff is found, which is the heavy part
[11:46 AM PT]  Vincent.Sylvester Imagine crawling a linkset of 200 links with a couple dozen items each, ouch my cpu
[11:47 AM PT]  Vincent.Sylvester Suppose it might help keeping things organized with the inventory of prims being sorted in a somewhat confusing manner
[11:48 AM PT]  Vincent.Sylvester Hard to say, but might even be less heavy to just use link messages to fetch content lists and send items by instructing local scripts to send items directly
[11:49 AM PT]  Ubit Umarov: well i removed some of that terrain patch info on that page
[11:50 AM PT]  Tess JL: If nobody else has any questions or topics left, I have four very quick ones
[11:50 AM PT]  Vincent.Sylvester We would ideally have a page for each capability in the procotol describing methods and parameters
[11:50 AM PT]  Ubit Umarov: well since 0.9.?.? we do cache all prims permissions...
[11:51 AM PT]  Ubit Umarov: 0.8.2 did scan all prims all the time, everytime it needed
[11:52 AM PT]  Ubit Umarov: 0.9.?.? only needs to rescan all prim contents when there is a change on those ( or their permissions )
[11:52 AM PT]  Ubit Umarov: ( deep meditation period )
[11:52 AM PT]  Andrew Hellershanks: hehe
[11:53 AM PT]  Selby.Evans Tess your questions do not have to wait till others are finished.
[11:53 AM PT]  Ubit Umarov: oops questions»
[11:53 AM PT]  Ubit Umarov: ?
[11:53 AM PT]  Andrew Hellershanks: well, it would be better to handle one topic at a time.
[11:53 AM PT]  Andrew Hellershanks: Go ahead, Tess
[11:54 AM PT]  Tess JL: OK
[11:54 AM PT]  Vincent.Sylvester By the way using mailing list or IRC you can always ask questions, no need to wait for the meeting each week :)
[11:54 AM PT]  Tess JL: It's about the proposed LIbrary update
[11:55 AM PT]  Tess JL: What licenses are accetpable, obviously I would want to include some open soruce material from elsewhere
[11:55 AM PT]  Tess JL: How much content should the LIbrary have?
[11:55 AM PT]  Tess JL: and when should it be ready?
[11:55 AM PT]  Tess JL: For 0.9.3 perhaps?
[11:56 AM PT]  Vincent.Sylvester Easiest would be cc0 or pd for licenses given they don't require changes to include the contributors or anything else
[11:56 AM PT]  Tess JL: ok
[11:56 AM PT]  Ubit Umarov: ( yes Web cant you file a mantis if possible with a example on that LlGetHTTPHeader issue you see.. )
[11:57 AM PT]  Selby.Evans A library can  provide content in the form of search terms
[11:57 AM PT]  Vincent.Sylvester The library is currently shipped with the binary so content shouldn't be too large, maybe a few dozen of each type at most
[11:57 AM PT]  Web Rain: ok, i will a bit later just to add the console log;
[11:57 AM PT]  Web Rain: [HttpRequestHandler]: There is no http-in request with id ae9e2b4c-7e89-4d1e-a668-df38cbc4e725
[HttpRequestHandler]: There was no http-in request with id 186c1586-829f-4ca7-bad7-9f1459097f58
[11:58 AM PT]  Tess JL: I was focusing on the texture collection and thought maybe 200-300 would be the limit
[11:58 AM PT]  Web Rain: seam it keep the previous id in memory...
[11:58 AM PT]  Tess JL: Web, you say the first request works fine but consecutive ones don't?
[11:59 AM PT]  Web Rain: yes after some requests the return is empty string and you have to restart the server to rework
[12:00 PM PT]  Joe Magarac: Have to go, have another meeting.
[12:01 PM PT]  Vincent.Sylvester A cleaner approach would be something in the viewer accessing a large library that could then be added to the user inventory just as a reference, instead of shipping all that data. Also easier to search things when you can set more than just a name, but that's wishful thinking. There are a couple large texture and script libraries. Think most important is to include textures that are useful for most things a user could need for building things. You'll never make a catch all
[12:01 PM PT]  Ubit Umarov: Web can you file a mantis with that issue and a clear example?
[12:01 PM PT]  Ubit Umarov: with a clear examp le i mean
[12:01 PM PT]  Vincent.Sylvester A curated site containing good scripts that can be searched with tags, one can dream right :)
[12:02 PM PT]  Web Rain: ok i will
[12:02 PM PT]  Tess JL: Yes but the LIbrary we have is one we inherited from the earliest versions of SL
[12:02 PM PT]  Andrew Hellershanks: ok, joe. Thanks for dropping by.
[12:03 PM PT]  Tess JL: We definitely could do with a new and shiny place for free open source content of all kind though
[12:03 PM PT]  Vincent.Sylvester Has SL updated their library over the years?
[12:04 PM PT]  Tess JL: They have
[12:04 PM PT]  Andrew Hellershanks: Tess, pointers to some good existing sites could also work. Who would maintain yet another site with open source content?
[12:05 PM PT]  Vincent.Sylvester *raises hand*
[12:05 PM PT]  Vincent.Sylvester Hehe
[12:05 PM PT]  Tess JL: ^_^
[12:05 PM PT]  Andrew Hellershanks: :)
[12:05 PM PT]  Tess JL: I think it would be better to have one in-world than on the interweb
[12:05 PM PT]  Vincent.Sylvester But yeah we can certainly add things to it, especially if SL has added some useful stuff, which well... big thing is finding content under a usable license or even creating content specifically for it
[12:06 PM PT]  Andrew Hellershanks: I used to run a public library in a now defunct grid that had a lot of scripts and some other items in it for anyone to use.
[12:06 PM PT]  Andrew Hellershanks: I had over 30 scripts in it.
[12:06 PM PT]  Vincent.Sylvester Creating textures via text or nodes is a thing now and those are under usable license if you create them yourself
[12:06 PM PT]  Vincent.Sylvester Though definitely add not change when it comes to library
[12:07 PM PT]  Vincent.Sylvester It's fairly easy to do this, you just have to change some xml and add the file in appropriate filetype and it will load them in
[12:08 PM PT]  Tess JL: It depends, Vincdent. SL has a place in-world where all the old library content is available. If we had something like that, it wouldn't do any ahrm to clean out some of the old outdated content from the Library
[12:10 PM PT]  Vincent.Sylvester I'd have to go through that again, but I recall seeing somewhere that library doesn't need to come from regions either, they can also request that data from elsewhere so making it pull the library from external source would keep the binary small
[12:10 PM PT]  Vincent.Sylvester Or just writing a module that pulls content in via http defined endpoints
[12:11 PM PT]  Ubit Umarov: idea for opensim library should be to have some content that is really reusable,
[12:11 PM PT]  Ubit Umarov: or is part of a newbe survival kit
[12:11 PM PT]  Ubit Umarov: something like that
[12:13 PM PT]  Tess JL: Exactly, Ubit
[12:13 PM PT]  Web Rain: and why not to add some full avi to use as defaults avi ?!?
[12:14 PM PT]  Tess JL: The Library is mainly suppoed to be a starter kit until people can find the cntent available on the grids
[12:14 PM PT]  Ubit Umarov: think that is done elsewhere grid side
[12:14 PM PT]  Motoko.Karu That would be really helpful... SL (used?) to have basic AV's for the n00b/starters
[12:14 PM PT]  Tess JL: THey still do
[12:14 PM PT]  Motoko.Karu been a few years since I've gone into SL. :)
[12:15 PM PT]  Tess JL: I'm not going into that part though but others can of course
[12:15 PM PT]  Vincent.Sylvester The library is references so you cannot directly wear things from it, would need to copy it first
[12:15 PM PT]  Vincent.Sylvester Outside of textures I don't think I have ever used it
[12:15 PM PT]  Ubit Umarov: well we do have basic bodyparts :)
[12:15 PM PT]  Ubit Umarov: one set of pants ahs shrit
[12:15 PM PT]  Andrew Hellershanks: Grids tend to provide their own starter set of avatars.
[12:16 PM PT]  Tess JL: A better starter avi would definitely be good, perhaps even two, one female and one male. I don't think they shuold be mesh though
[12:16 PM PT]  Web Rain:  1 alien ^^
[12:16 PM PT]  Vincent.Sylvester Such disrespect for Ruth pah
[12:16 PM PT]  Ubit Umarov: at accoutn creation grids do offer a avatar
[12:16 PM PT]  Andrew Hellershanks: hehe
[12:16 PM PT]  Ubit Umarov: think osgrid does it
[12:17 PM PT]  Tess JL: Yes but it's still good to have an "emergency" avatar available, one that is as low lag as possible and *always* avalilable no matter what happens to your own inventory
[12:17 PM PT]  Andrew Hellershanks: Some grids have a selection of avatars at account creation. Some have boxes near the original landing area that with items for newbies.
[12:17 PM PT]  Ubit Umarov: well it is kinda all there.. in parts ;)
[12:18 PM PT]  Vincent.Sylvester You have to copy the parts though, because wearing them directly from the library is... not great
[12:18 PM PT]  Tess JL: THey are automatically copied if you wear them from library, Vincent, so that's not a problem
[12:18 PM PT]  Ubit Umarov: wel and we are now talking about outfits
[12:19 PM PT]  Ubit Umarov: not sure about that direct copy
[12:19 PM PT]  Ubit Umarov: we had issues with use of things from library
[12:19 PM PT]  Ubit Umarov: opensim was not accepted as a library owner
[12:20 PM PT]  Ubit Umarov: so viewers just did full checks
[12:20 PM PT]  Ubit Umarov: now fs does now about opensim
[12:20 PM PT]  Ubit Umarov: and library has not API code
[12:20 PM PT]  Ubit Umarov: so hope the use of items on it is easier
[12:21 PM PT]  Ubit Umarov: that was on
[12:21 PM PT]  Vincent.Sylvester Neat
[12:21 PM PT]  Ubit Umarov: than
[12:21 PM PT]  Tess JL: When is 0.9.3 scheduled to be released?
[12:21 PM PT]  Ubit Umarov: but didn't fully test that...
[12:21 PM PT]  Ubit Umarov: you ask hard qeustions :)
[12:21 PM PT]  Andrew Hellershanks: Tess, when it's ready. ;)
[12:21 PM PT]  Ubit Umarov: well opensim is never ready either
[12:21 PM PT]  Tess JL: Ah
[12:21 PM PT]  Ubit Umarov: lol
[12:21 PM PT]  Andrew Hellershanks: There is that. hehe
[12:22 PM PT]  Ubit Umarov: çast targets i used as oscc in december
[12:22 PM PT]  Ubit Umarov: almost made it..   just instead of december i did in next march
[12:22 PM PT]  Ubit Umarov: ;)
[12:22 PM PT]  Tess JL: Not the next month or three then?
[12:22 PM PT]  Vincent.Sylvester When the cumulative solar radiation experienced by the state of Idaho is enough to terminate half a million Marie Curie's
[12:23 PM PT]  Ubit Umarov: ok i need go rl for a few minutes ( 10 - 15 )
[12:24 PM PT]  Web Rain: can opensim load an iar automatically on the registration? i think in JOpensim there is an option to do that with the admin tools
[12:24 PM PT]  Andrew Hellershanks: We are closing in an hour and a half so this would be a good time to wrap up the meeting for today.
[12:24 PM PT]  Tess JL: We're well over the usual time frame
[12:24 PM PT]  Andrew Hellershanks: Web, it could be done as part of the account creation process.
[12:24 PM PT]  Vincent.Sylvester Web, no real need when you can just copy the stuff in database directly
[12:25 PM PT]  Vincent.Sylvester Starter avatar is as easy as copy one avatar inventory to another and just giving it some unique ids
[12:26 PM PT]  Tess JL: One thing that would be really cool was to have an online starter avatar creator similar to what IMVU has but that would probably be a huge dev project
[12:26 PM PT]  Andrew Hellershanks: Years ago I wrote a registration and avatar creation process for a grid. There are some details you have to keep in mind but the process isn't that difficult.
[12:26 PM PT]  Vincent.Sylvester Tess, technically you could at the very least give a selection of outfits and shapes and such, then you just copy those parts
[12:26 PM PT]  Andrew Hellershanks: Tess, IMVU?
[12:27 PM PT]  Vincent.Sylvester Not difficult just time consuming to code
[12:28 PM PT]  Tess JL: Yes, IMVU's starter avatar creator is actually quite advanced. Come to think of it, Sansar had/has something similar too
[12:28 PM PT]  Vincent.Sylvester Shapes I think are just llsd xml things in some encoded form, so using a base shape and adjusting values wouldn't be hard either, just having to re-encode the thing
[12:29 PM PT]  Vincent.Sylvester Course you then have to sync that somehow with what you show to the user
[12:29 PM PT]  Vincent.Sylvester With NPCs we have enough clones running around think it's probably best to encourage users to find their own style
[12:30 PM PT]  Tess JL: I'm not sure if opensim uses an XML file internally for the avatr but you can export and import avatar shapes as XML
[12:30 PM PT]  Andrew Hellershanks: If you are thinking of a page where a user can select and edit parameters of a body shape that would take a bit of work to code.
[12:31 PM PT]  Vincent.Sylvester Time consuming, but the data is all there and not particularly difficult to read either, just that's like a couple weeks of code and all for providing something most ditch within a week anyhow
[12:31 PM PT]  Andrew Hellershanks nods
[12:32 PM PT]  Andrew Hellershanks: We are at the one and a half hour mark. Any last minute questions/comments before I call the meeting to a close?
[12:32 PM PT]  Andrew Hellershanks waits for Web to finish typing.
[12:34 PM PT]  Web Rain: the 2 about os functions i suggested is a solution for  the content loading of an object inventory by splitting the content over multiple inventory prims but unfortunately it requires the use of scripts in each prims that gives content for exemple this freebies giver
[12:34 PM PT]  Web Rain:
[12:34 PM PT]  Web Rain: this can't be done under 16 scripts
[12:35 PM PT]  Vincent.Sylvester Doubt that
[12:35 PM PT]  Lyr Lobo: Thank you!
[12:35 PM PT]  Web Rain: and the full region ends with 12k scripts! this can be using a single script if the functions that i said exists
[12:35 PM PT]  Lyr Lobo: Have a great week!  *grins*
[12:36 PM PT]  Jamie.Jordan bye yall
[12:36 PM PT]  Andrew Hellershanks: yw, Lyr. See you next week.
[12:36 PM PT]  Web Rain: and the 12k scxripts can be less than 400
[12:36 PM PT]  Andrew Hellershanks: I need to get going myself so that will do it for this week. Thank you all for coming. See you again next week.
[12:36 PM PT]  Lyr Lobo: See you next week!
[12:36 PM PT]  Tess JL: Have a great week everybody!
[12:36 PM PT]  Web Rain: thank you all :) i will try to be here in the next meetings
Personal tools
About This Wiki