Chat log from the meeting on 2021-09-14

From OpenSimulator

Jump to: navigation, search
[11:02] Andrew Hellershanks: Hello, everyone
[11:03] Jamie.Jordan hi everybody
[11:04] Selby.Evans Hi Jamie, Andrew
[11:04] Andrew Hellershanks: Hello, Jamie
[11:04] Ubit Umarov: hi
[11:07] Andrew Hellershanks: Kayaker just logged in. I'll wait a minute or so for him to arrive.
[11:08] Andrew Hellershanks: Hello, Kayaker.
[11:09] Selby.Evans Hi Kayaker
[11:09] Andrew Hellershanks: Now that most of the regulars are here we can get started. :)
[11:09] Kayaker Magic: Hello all
[11:10] Jamie.Jordan Welcome sir :-)
[11:12] Andrew Hellershanks: There were several changes to the OS code base this past week. There were updates to libOMV, a minor bug fix related to parcel dwell, and a change in how a users texture inventory is updated when uploading  mesh objects.
[11:13] Ubit Umarov: a bug fix just some minutes ago
[11:13] Ubit Umarov: and..
[11:13] Andrew Hellershanks: Oh?
[11:13] Andrew Hellershanks looks again
[11:14] Ubit Umarov: nasty fhing
[11:14] Ubit Umarov: on entering a parcel with hide avatar options, all avatars stopped :p
[11:14] Andrew Hellershanks: ok. Another one of those changes where I don't know the impact of it to users. The log entry is "do not modify shared list of scene presences".
[11:15] Ubit Umarov: bc that enter processing code was clearing the actile list of all presences on region
[11:15] Ubit Umarov: oops ooops  :)
[11:15] Andrew Hellershanks: :)
[11:15] Ubit Umarov: ( the active list.. )
[11:15] Andrew Hellershanks: Good that you caught it (quickly?)
[11:16] Ubit Umarov: actuall had 2 bug reports that got fixed by oar save and reload
[11:16] Ubit Umarov: guess that flag is not been stores on oars.. a possibel bug to fix later
[11:17] Andrew Hellershanks nods
[11:18] Ubit Umarov: so yeah a few hpours on eahc of those
[11:18] Ubit Umarov: then a report linking the issue mre directly to that flag
[11:19] Ubit Umarov: that did made it possible to debug
[11:19] Ubit Umarov: so a few hours lost bc 2 lines of code :)
[11:19] Ubit Umarov: due to a change one ONE line of code a few weeks ago
[11:19] Ubit Umarov: lol
[11:20] Kayaker Magic: Not an unusual software development story....
[11:20] Andrew Hellershanks: True
[11:20] Ubit Umarov: yeha happens a lot
[11:22] Andrew Hellershanks: I recently fixed an issue in some code by changing a constant of "true" to the name of a variable in the list of arguments to a function call.
[11:23] Andrew Hellershanks: It is nice when bug fixes are confined to a line or two but they can sometimes be hard to find.
[11:25] Andrew Hellershanks: Hello, Gavin.
[11:25] Gavin.Hird Evening everyone!
[11:25] Andrew Hellershanks: Afternoon. :)
[11:25] Ubit Umarov: hi white man
[11:25] Selby.Evans Hi Gavin
[11:25] Andrew Hellershanks: or morning, grid time.
[11:25] Kayaker Magic: Is that a privileged white?
[11:26] Ubit Umarov: more a bugs white
[11:26] Gavin.Hird am I white still?
[11:26] Andrew Hellershanks: yes
[11:26] Ubit Umarov: yeah
[11:26] Kayaker Magic: you are to me
[11:26] Gavin.Hird ok
[11:26] Ubit Umarov: ( oh i broke rebake )
[11:26] Kayaker Magic: now you are OK
[11:26] Andrew Hellershanks: No. Just took a while.
[11:26] Gavin.Hird you must have
[11:27] Ubit Umarov: that was gavin thinking, not me
[11:27] Andrew Hellershanks: You look fine now, Gavin.
[11:27] Gavin.Hird great
[11:27] Ubit Umarov: yeha it did work, eventually
[11:27] Andrew Hellershanks: Anyone have any problems to report or questions for this week?
[11:27] Jagga Meredith: Do I tried to report my LookAt problem to Firestorm JIRA.  Unfortunately looks my old account is linked to an email address I no longer have access to.  To create a new account you have to get one from mods on SL, but my SL account is "on hold" for unspecified reasons.  Ideas?
[11:28] Gavin.Hird I have one animesh discovery for a failure both in my viewer and FS
[11:29] Andrew Hellershanks: Jagga, why do you need an account from SL to file an entry in the Firestorm JIRA?
[11:30] Jagga Meredith: Thats the only stated way of getting a new account authorized
[11:31] Jagga Meredith: seems weird to me too
[11:31] Andrew Hellershanks: Firestorm is using the SL JIRA system for tracking their viewer issues?
[11:31] Jagga Meredith: yup
[11:31] Gavin.Hird yes
[11:31] Gavin.Hird they also have access to SL JIRA nobody else has
[11:31] Andrew Hellershanks: oh, ok. That seems strange. I would have expected them to have their own tracking system.
[11:32] Gavin.Hird they have that too
[11:32] Jagga Meredith whispers: where
[11:32] Ubit Umarov: fs is using own jira
[11:32] Gavin.Hird it might be syndicated
[11:32] Andrew Hellershanks: If they do, then just file the report in the FS JIRA system.
[11:32] Jagga Meredith: where is it?
[11:33] Jagga Meredith: not on website
[11:33] Gavin.Hird
[11:33] Andrew Hellershanks: Click the link on the right that says "JIRA"
[11:33] Gavin.Hird there is a Jira tab at the right on that page
[11:33] Ubit Umarov:
[11:33] Ubit Umarov: opos this is a particualr issue
[11:34] Andrew Hellershanks:
[11:34] Jagga Meredith: "To request an account, please contact your Jira administrators. "
[11:34] Ubit Umarov: yeah
[11:35] Jagga Meredith: which are on SL
[11:35] Andrew Hellershanks: Right. That means contacting someone that is on the FS viewer team.
[11:35] Kayaker Magic: I tried to get on the Jira list for FS through Beq, she hasn't gotten back to me.
[11:36] Jagga Meredith: ok, so it's not just me
[11:36] Andrew Hellershanks: Have you tried sending an email to their dev mailing list asking for an account. There should be more than one person that can set up an account.
[11:36] Kayaker Magic: I want to report my animesh crossing bug. I did try an experiment recently, my bug is still there if the animesh is the root or a child prim.
[11:36] Jagga Meredith: I'll look at that
[11:38] Andrew Hellershanks: <kJagga, ok. gl
[11:39] Ubit Umarov: no idea is they did pass it to sl ppl
[11:39] Jagga Meredith: I'm working with landmarks.  I know how to call up the name and description, but want to call up the full location so I can TP direct instead of calling up a map.  Is that even possible?
[11:39] Ubit Umarov: or answer
[11:40] Ubit Umarov: hmm don't remember
[11:40] Ubit Umarov: u mean on script?
[11:40] Jagga Meredith: yes
[11:41] Ubit Umarov: possible not
[11:41] Jagga Meredith: ok
[11:41] Ubit Umarov: don't think we have a lm contents parser there
[11:41] Ubit Umarov: but my be wrong
[11:41] Gavin.Hird are there no TP scripts where you just dump a bunch of LMs in the item and you can tp to each of them?
[11:41] Jagga Meredith: ok
[11:41] Ubit Umarov: look arounf the ossl functions list
[11:41] Jagga Meredith: they call up map
[11:42] Gavin.Hird I am pretty sure I have a teleporter script like that which gives you the destinations on a menu
[11:42] Andrew Hellershanks: Jagga, is that for a region directory object to let people easily get to different areas?
[11:42] Jagga Meredith: Ubit did that, thats how i foundf desc
[11:43] Ubit Umarov: ostp do direct tps to region name etc etc
[11:43] Ubit Umarov: just thing we so not have a lm one
[11:44] Jagga Meredith: yup, but can't extract region from LM
[11:44] Ubit Umarov: well nor sur eif that usefull even
[11:44] Ubit Umarov: we do that elsewhere
[11:45] Ubit Umarov: just never considered for ossl tp
[11:47] Andrew Hellershanks: Jagga, you want to set the target destinations easily via dropping in LMs rather than putting them in to a notecard?
[11:47] Jagga Meredith: yup
[11:47] Jagga Meredith: then TP direct instead of map
[11:48] Gavin.Hird
[11:49] Gavin.Hird I am sure there are others
[11:49] Gavin.Hird
[11:49] Ubit Umarov: llTeleportAgentGlobalCoords ?
[11:50] Ubit Umarov: oh hwe have it also
[11:51] Andrew Hellershanks: Ubit, It has been implemented?
[11:51] Jagga Meredith: I need the region name
[11:51] Ubit Umarov: hte global seems so
[11:52] Jagga Meredith: wshich I can't extract from the LM
[11:52] Ubit Umarov: if ((m_item.PermsMask & ScriptBaseClass.PERMISSION_TELEPORT) != 0)
[11:52] Ubit Umarov: needs that permission
[11:54] Andrew Hellershanks: Ubit, that is how you initiate the TP not how to get the information needed for a TP.
[11:54] Jagga Meredith: vector     global_coordinates     –     Global coordinates of the destination region. Can be retrieved by using llRequestSimulatorData(region_name, DATA_SIM_POS).
[11:55] Jagga Meredith: with no region name I'm stuck
[11:56] Ubit Umarov: hat script assumes a lm only has global postion as text
[11:56] Andrew Hellershanks: The TP is for a destination within the current region or in another region in the grid?
[11:57] Jagga Meredith: another region
[11:57] Jagga Meredith: within region i can do
[11:57] Andrew Hellershanks: Jagga, how are you currently extracting coordinate information from an LM?
[11:57] Gavin.Hird
[11:57] Gavin.Hird looks like the code here will get the region name for you
[11:59] Ubit Umarov: ohh
[11:59] Ubit Umarov: AssetLandmark lm = new AssetLandmark(a);
                            if(lm != null)
                                float rx = (uint)(lm.RegionHandle >> 32);
                                float ry = (uint)lm.RegionHandle;
                                Vector3 region = new Vector3(World.RegionInfo.WorldLocX, World.RegionInfo.WorldLocY, 0);
                                region = lm.Position + new Vector3(rx, ry, 0) - region;
                                reply = region.ToString();
[12:00] Ubit Umarov: forgot that llRequestInventoryData does some lm processing
[12:01] Andrew Hellershanks: The OS wiki page says llMapDestination is only partially implemented but that wiki page is likely out-of-date.
[12:02] Andrew Hellershanks: Wow. This last half hour flew by.
[12:02] Selby.Evans Must go -- bye all
[12:02] Gavin.Hird Yes. Question:
[12:02] Andrew Hellershanks: Does anyone have an different issue they want to discuss before people start to leave?
[12:02] Gavin.Hird The viewer has a message on group creation: After 7 days, a group with no members (other than the creator) is deleted
[12:02] Andrew Hellershanks: ok, Selby. tc. Thanks for coming.
[12:02] Gavin.Hird is that valid for opensim?
[12:03] Jagga Meredith: ok i'
[12:03] Jagga Meredith: ll look at that
[12:04] Andrew Hellershanks: Gavin, I would say no. Detecting an empty group would be a task done by the grid owner as part of an admin script. It isn't something that will be done by OS.
[12:04] Gavin.Hird OK, will have to change the wording on that message then
[12:05] Andrew Hellershanks: It is a similar situation for handling of classified ads and expiring old ones.
[12:06] Gavin.Hird Now to the animesh bug:
[12:06] Andrew Hellershanks: Any other last minute items for today?
[12:06] Andrew Hellershanks: Gavin, go ahead
[12:07] Gavin.Hird If you attach an animesh and move it, and then detach it, if you try to re-attach it nothing happens
[12:07] Gavin.Hird no trace of it on the avatar, no indication in inventory it is attached
[12:07] Gavin.Hird till you teleport to another region
[12:07] Gavin.Hird then it actually is attached
[12:07] Gavin.Hird and visiable as such in inventory
[12:07] Gavin.Hird happens on both my viewer and FS
[12:08] Ubit Umarov: know if also at sl?
[12:08] Gavin.Hird works there
[12:08] Ubit Umarov: duhh
[12:08] Andrew Hellershanks: hehe
[12:08] Gavin.Hird some status is not updates correct it seems
[12:09] Ubit Umarov: vodoo ofc
[12:09] Gavin.Hird till you actually refresh on the tp
[12:09] Jamie.Jordan Have a great day yall
[12:09] Ubit Umarov: are viewers using ais on that? by any chance?
[12:09] Gavin.Hird you too
[12:10] Gavin.Hird I don't have ais support in my viewer
[12:10] Ubit Umarov: hmm
[12:10] Ubit Umarov: wlel wil need to try to repo that then
[12:11] Gavin.Hird I'ss sned you the animated bear object to you
[12:11] Gavin.Hird I'll
[12:11] Ubit Umarov: no idea why animesh should make any dif
[12:12] Gavin.Hird there is a lot of positioning code in the viewer special to animesh
[12:12] Ubit Umarov: it does sound like a viewer side issue
[12:12] Ubit Umarov: bc there is no animesh dependency on attachments, region side
[12:13] Gavin.Hird no flags at all?
[12:13] Ubit Umarov: no
[12:13] Ubit Umarov: that is deep inside the prim data
[12:14] Ubit Umarov: whilt oyu did change normal attachpoint offset and  attached flag
[12:14] Ubit Umarov: no relation
[12:14] Ubit Umarov: those are generic..
[12:15] Ubit Umarov: but i will try
[12:15] Gavin.Hird ok - good
[12:16] Kayaker Magic: I'm distracted by RL and need to get back to that.... gota go now.
[12:16] Andrew Hellershanks: ok, Kayaker. See you next week.
[12:16] Gavin.Hird ok TC Kayaker
[12:17] testObjAnim: animation 
[12:17] testObjAnim: Starting
[12:17] Ubit Umarov: ok here is my test one on my shoulder
[12:17] Gavin.Hird yes
[12:17] Gavin.Hird now detach
[12:17] Ubit Umarov: dig drag to the other shoulder.. seen?
[12:17] Kayaker Magic: teleport failed!
[12:18] Gavin.Hird yes
[12:18] Ubit Umarov: didi deattach
[12:18] Ubit Umarov: inventory was updated
[12:18] Gavin.Hird now wear
[12:18] Gavin.Hird the same
[12:18] Ubit Umarov: there on the new postion
[12:19] Ubit Umarov: see it?
[12:19] Gavin.Hird I can see it
[12:19] Ubit Umarov: so... no idea
[12:19] Ubit Umarov: did deattach using inv now.. worked fine
[12:19] Gavin.Hird I will give you my test object
[12:19] Andrew Hellershanks: who/what has to move for the problem to appear?
[12:19] Ubit Umarov: ok
[12:20] Ubit Umarov: kayker stuck?
[12:20] Gavin.Hird the animesh has to move
[12:20] Kayaker Magic: Cannot TP anywhere
[12:20] Ubit Umarov: ufff
[12:20] Kayaker Magic: Even to Wright Plaza
[12:20] Andrew Hellershanks: Ubit, Transporter problems?
[12:20] Andrew Hellershanks: :)
[12:20] Ubit Umarov: he did tp :)
[12:20] Andrew Hellershanks: There he goes.
[12:20] Ubit Umarov: wel or did logout :)
[12:21] Gavin.Hird laggy?
[12:21] Ubit Umarov: normal vodoo
[12:21] Gavin.Hird like the lagged rebake
[12:21] Andrew Hellershanks: You always have to be careful about them transporters.
[12:21] Gavin.Hird :-)
[12:21] Jagga Meredith: gavin that code retrieves the current region name.  iu need the name off the LM
[12:22] Ubit Umarov: wel last time we could not came here, the region was fine
[12:22] Ubit Umarov: possible had net issues
[12:22] Gavin.Hird OK Jagga, but I would search the lsl script lib in SL first
[12:22] Jagga Meredith: the dataserver is giving me th LM name
[12:22] Gavin.Hird and ask for a solution there
[12:23] Ubit Umarov: oops i still see kay on minimap
[12:23] Jagga Meredith: yup
[12:23] Jagga Meredith: did that.  everybody seems to be using map
[12:24] Ubit Umarov: well andrew  is distracted
[12:24] Andrew Hellershanks: The name of the LM is easy to get by checking inventory.
[12:24] Ubit Umarov: 24min pass hour :)
[12:24] Andrew Hellershanks: um... s/inventory/prim contents/
[12:24] Andrew Hellershanks: Ubit, yup. It is one of those days. :)
[12:25] Ubit Umarov: that sl script gain show should work on same grid
[12:25] Jagga Meredith: yup.  doing that already
[12:25] Gavin.Hird make the LM name be the region name
[12:25] Ubit Umarov: file a mantis with a feature request :)
[12:25] Jagga Meredith: I dont know region
[12:25] Jagga Meredith: ok
[12:25] Ubit Umarov: osteleport using a lm on the prim inventory
[12:26] Andrew Hellershanks: Jagga, the script in the LSL wiki page shows you how to get the information.
[12:26] Jagga Meredith: I'm using that.  only works within region
[12:26] Ubit Umarov: that should work on same grid
[12:26] Jagga Meredith: ok
[12:27] Ubit Umarov: ( but never did test )
[12:27] Jagga Meredith: will look
[12:27] Andrew Hellershanks: The llMapDestination call isn't returning the proper region name? Perhaps that is why it said "partially supported".
[12:28] Ubit Umarov: that opens map
[12:29] Ubit Umarov: returns nothing
[12:29] Andrew Hellershanks: ok. So how is one supposed to take a global coordinate and determine which region name it is in?
[12:30] Object: Script running
[12:31] Object: Script running
[12:32] Object: Script running
[12:32] Ubit Umarov: touh this prim
[12:32] Gavin.Hird opens map
[12:33] Ubit Umarov: yeah that is what llMapDestination does
[12:33] Ubit Umarov: touch_start(integer jj)
        llMapDestination("Lbsa Plaza",<128,128,20>,<0,0,0>);
[12:33] Andrew Hellershanks: Yes. Opens map with coordinates for Lbsa Plaza.
[12:35] Gavin.Hird set floating text according to the LM name
            llSetText("Teleport to " + llGetInventoryName(INVENTORY_LANDMARK, 0), <1.0, 1.0, 1.0>, 1.0);
            //request the LM data
            requestid = llRequestInventoryData(llGetInventoryName(INVENTORY_LANDMARK, 0));
[12:36] Gavin.Hird so if the LM has the name of the region you should be able to extract the region name
[12:36] Jagga Meredith: they often don't
[12:37] Jagga Meredith: that's why i need to dig inside
[12:38] Jagga Meredith: theres ossl code to give me description, but that's no help
[12:38] Gavin.Hird
[12:39] Ubit Umarov: outch :p
[12:41] Jagga Meredith: mapAPI?
[12:41] Gavin.Hird we probalby don't have that :-)
[12:41] Ubit Umarov: seems lm may actually not include the region name
[12:43] Ubit Umarov: well rl calls
[12:43] Jagga Meredith: ah ok
[12:44] Gavin.Hird same
[12:44] Ubit Umarov: any other issue?
[12:44] Jagga Meredith: nope thamks for all help
[12:44] Gavin.Hird Have a good evening
[12:44] Ubit Umarov: ok. have fun then
[12:44] Andrew Hellershanks: I should also be going.
[12:44] Ubit Umarov: see you all, around :)
[12:44] Andrew Hellershanks: ok, thank you all for coming. See you again next week.
Personal tools
About This Wiki