Chat log from the meeting on 2016-12-27

From OpenSimulator

Jump to: navigation, search

[10:56] Andrew.Hellershanks I wasn't sure if there would be anyone showing up today.
[10:57] James.atLLOUD Oh is that an animated gif on the big screen?
[10:58] Sheera Khan: @ James: should be a video
[10:59] Andrew.Hellershanks There is a video on the big screen.
[10:59] Sheera Khan: I have never heard of animated GIF support in OpenSim
[10:59] Andrew.Hellershanks It used to autoplay and I found that annoying.
[10:59] James.atLLOUD OK - I didn't get the moap menu.
[10:59] Sheera Khan: there's the texture animation though
[11:00] Andrew.Hellershanks Sheera, textures aren't stored in GIF format so animated GIFs wouldn't work in OpenSim.
[11:00] James.atLLOUD how about animated .png - lol (don't know if that's a thing)
[11:01] Sheera Khan: in OpenSim all graphics are stored in JPEG2000 internally
[11:01] Andrew.Hellershanks There is an ISO document that extends support in jp2 for animation.
[11:01] Sheera Khan: TGA; PNG, JPG and so on are only used to feed the servers
[11:01] Selby.Evans Spiral Silverstar has had anmiate GIFs in his galery
[11:02] Andrew.Hellershanks That might be done using the texture animation function call.
[11:03] Sheera Khan: native GIF support would be nice but isn't implemented to my knowledge
[11:03] Selby.Evans
[11:05] Selby.Evans the article shows GIFs I collected from his gallery (Mved since)
[11:06] Sheera Khan: the effect could be done using the texture animation...
[11:07] Sheera Khan: it works a lot like animated GIF but it reduces the resolution
[11:07] Selby.Evans You could ask him how he did it
[11:07] Sheera Khan: if it is MOAP it could work with GIF though
[11:07] Selby.Evans he is now in Digiworlds:
[11:12] James.atLLOUD huh, became a big group today after all :)
[11:13] Andrew.Hellershanks Good turnout for two days after Christmas and for the last meeting of the year.
[11:13] Sheera Khan: Did anyone try to upload the Bento Example Avatars yet?
[11:14] Sheera Khan: The male and female work
[11:14] Andrew.Hellershanks I wondered if Ubit would have taken some time off over the holidays but there have been several commits in the last few days. Even one on Christmas day.
[11:14] Sheera Khan: but the Angel with the wings and tail doesn't :-(
[11:14] James.atLLOUD I know @commits - ubit and melanie
[11:15] Andrew.Hellershanks In the last week there have been some cleanup of some INI options, changes re: god mode, and some more changes to the profiles code.
[11:15] Basil Sosides: oh thats good !
[11:16] Basil Sosides: whats important when i Update my Regions tomorrow (Opensim.ini)  ?
[11:16] Andrew.Hellershanks I have applied a number of the recent changes to the core profile module to the addon OpenSimProfile module. Some of the most recent changes have not been applied yet.
[11:18] Robert Adams: I don't know about support that's needed for the Bento additions... great to hear that they are mostly there... there might need to be some field extended, though
[11:18] Andrew.Hellershanks osslEnable has an explantion of GRID_GOD which is different from GOD, FlotsamCache has MemoryCacheEnabled set to true by default
[11:19] Basil Sosides: ah ok
[11:19] Andrew.Hellershanks The default value for ConfigDirectory setting in Robust.ini has been changed.
[11:20] James.atLLOUD ty for pointing out difference from GOD mode
[11:21] Basil Sosides: i stoped my own Grid till 0.9.x.x is finished
[11:21] Andrew.Hellershanks The FilterPartsInLlCastRay setting was removed from OpenSim.ini.example as it is no longer needed.
[11:22] Andrew.Hellershanks That's all the changes I'm noticing in the log for this past week.
[11:23] Basil Sosides: ok, thx
[11:23] Sheera Khan: so some progress was made - yaayyyyy :-)
[11:23] Basil Sosides: ღ¸.•* giggle *•.¸ღ
[11:23] Andrew.Hellershanks Yup. :)
[11:24] Basil Sosides: i think Opensim has done a good Job the last Year !!
[11:25] Andrew.Hellershanks There is some other import changes/fixes coming in the new year. I'll save the details until the code gets pushed.
[11:27] James.atLLOUD I'm still not clear about 'grid god'. Is it part of userlevel?
[11:27] Andrew.Hellershanks I don't remember if I mentioned it last week but there have been some movement on llCastRay. Kayaker has updated most (all?) of the open bug reports relating to that feature. Some of the bugs have been marked as fixed. There are still several outstanding issues affect cast ray.
[11:28] Andrew.Hellershanks James, read the information in osslEnable.ini as it has the most current information. I doubt anyone has updated the wiki.
[11:28] James.atLLOUD OK, ty.
[11:29] Andrew.Hellershanks The difference is subtle. I'd have to read the details to remind myself of the distinction between the two so I'm not going to try saying what it is.
[11:30] Kayaker Magic: Ubit says he has fixed the last outstanding castray bug, but my tests are still failing. Andrew is helping me look at the castray code to see if I can figure out why.
[11:30] Kayaker Magic: But with the holydaze, I am not getting a lot done....
[11:30] Andrew.Hellershanks I helped Kayaker get a test bed set up so he is able to test the latest code to see whether cast ray issues have been fixed or not.
[11:31] Sheera Khan: :-)
[11:31] Andrew.Hellershanks Kayaker, I know what you mean. I've been putting a bit of time in to finally finish the updates to a new feature for my texture organizers.
[11:31] Sheera Khan: the more people are testing the better the result gets
[11:31] Andrew.Hellershanks I need to update the Linux operating system on my computer. I'm going to get to that in the next day or two.
[11:34] Simulator Version v0.5 ruft: OpenSim Dev 65b4e17: 2016-12-26 19:38:13 +0000 (Unix/Mono)
[11:35] James.atLLOUD interested in the llcastray status
[11:35] Sheera Khan: I seem to have a conceptual misunderstanding of the avatar skeleton...
[11:36] Sheera Khan: Bento is supposed to add five tail bones
[11:36] Andrew.Hellershanks James, Kayaker can give you the status and also tell you the numbers of relevant mantis reports that are still open.
[11:36] Sheera Khan: I would have suspected that each one is an attachment point
[11:36] Sheera Khan: but only two show up in the list
[11:37] James.atLLOUD which list Sheera?
[11:37] Andrew.Hellershanks Are there viewers available that fully support Bento as currently implemented by LL?
[11:37] Sheera Khan: So I can only add the base and the tip of the tail
[11:37] Sheera Khan: yes, Firestorm 5 has full Bento Support
[11:38] Andrew.Hellershanks Sheera, does the Angel work in SL but not in OS?
[11:39] Sheera Khan: and by "the list" I meant the list of attachment points showing up when you click on a prim in your inventory and click on attach to...
[11:39] James.atLLOUD ah, ty.
[11:39] Sheera Khan: hmmm, I didn't upload it in SL yet
[11:39] Sheera Khan: I tried it in OS only
[11:39] Andrew.Hellershanks Does that mean not all the bones are also attachment points or is that an oversight in FS as to why the list may not be complete?
[11:40] Sheera Khan: well, I don't know (yet)... But those bones might be a bit neglected by human developers^^
[11:41] Sheera Khan: *giggles*
[11:41] Andrew.Hellershanks nods
[11:41] Andrew.Hellershanks :)
[11:41] Sheera Khan: I'm just working with that in the other window...
[11:42] Andrew.Hellershanks You can let us know how the testing goes next meeting. You might wind up reporting some issues to FS if it turns out their support isn't complete.
[11:43] Sheera Khan: Will do so, sir ;-)
[11:43] Andrew.Hellershanks grins
[11:43] Robert Adams: someone should ping Melanie about it also.... she's the most likely on to know of any protocol or DB changes that might be needed
[11:45] Andrew.Hellershanks I've passed the question along, Robert.
[11:45] Sheera.Khan thank you very much :-)
[11:45] Andrew Hellershanks: yw
[11:46] James atLLOUD: A person needs FS v5 for bento?
[11:46] Sheera.Khan the attachments to the new bones seem to survive a relog at least :-)
[11:46] Sheera.Khan @James: yes, or the latest LL-Viewer
[11:47] Sheera.Khan which wouldn't be usable here though
[11:48] Sheera.Khan I'm not sure if other viewers already support Bento yet
[11:48] Sheera.Khan I didn't see new releases of the viewers I use most (besides FS)
[11:48] James atLLOUD: will need to try this after meeting. still on v 4.7.9
[11:49] Sheera.Khan Oops, Kokua does too
[11:52] Sheera.Khan but I can't run Kokua 5 - there's a missing library I have to hunt down ...
[11:56] Sheera.Khan meehhh - conflicting libs ....
[11:56] Sheera.Khan I like challenges in installing software from unknown repositories^^
[11:57] Andrew Hellershanks: Which version of Kokua has Bento support?
[12:00] Sheera.Khan there's a Kokua 5 out there
[12:01] Sheera.Khan that one should have Bento Support...
[12:01] Sheera.Khan I'm on it just at this very moment
[12:01] Andrew Hellershanks: I have Kokua v5.0 and I have Kokua 4.1.0
[12:01] Andrew Hellershanks: I don't expect Sing to have the support as there hasn't been an update to it for a while.
[12:02] Andrew Hellershanks: I am using Sin 1.8.7 which was built July 9
[12:02] James atLLOUD: forgive this follow-up -- I've reviewed the comments in osslEnable.ini and not seeing specific reference to grid_god - does Melanie's commit mean she 'intends' to add an explanation?
[12:03] Sheera.Khan well, that one is unlikely to have Bento support...
[12:03] Andrew Hellershanks: James, Let me check the code...
[12:03] James atLLOUD:
[12:04] Andrew Hellershanks: If I have the line numbers right, it is lines 40 and 41 of osslEnable.ini in git master
[12:05] James atLLOUD: yes
[12:06] James atLLOUD: wondered if grid_god is new userlevel above god. sorry for drawing this out.
[12:06] Sheera.Khan @Andrew, as it looks right at this moment, Kokua 5 is only for SL :-/
[12:07] James atLLOUD: oh that's a surprise Sheera. bummer
[12:07] Sheera.Khan I can't find any other grid besides SL and SL Beta in the gridmanager and I don't see any option to add grids to that list
[12:08] Andrew Hellershanks: James, I've asked whether one of the core devs will update the wiki page.
[12:08] Sheera.Khan and I did that in older releases before
[12:08] Andrew Hellershanks: Sheera, Kokua 5? I'll have to keep any eye out for that. I don't use Kokua that often so it may be a while before I find out when that is released.
[12:09] James atLLOUD: Sheera, yah, the Kokua downloads page shows only 4.1 for Opensim.
[12:09] Andrew Hellershanks: Anything other topics for today?
[12:09] James atLLOUD: not from me :)
[12:09] Andrew Hellershanks: :)
[12:10] James atLLOUD: thank you Andrew
[12:11] Sheera.Khan Kokua 4.1 doesn't have Bento Support
[12:11] Andrew Hellershanks: Time to call it quits for today. My typing is going to pot. :)
[12:11] Sheera.Khan and Kokua 5 doesn't support logging into OS :-(
[12:12] James atLLOUD: Got FS v5 in the downloads folder - going to give it whirl.

Personal tools
About This Wiki