Chat log from the meeting on 2016-02-27

From OpenSimulator

Jump to: navigation, search

Some minor typos were edited for better readibility


[2016/02/27 11:01] albertlr Landar: Now to explain to everyone about this meeting.
[2016/02/27 11:01] albertlr Landar: I am albertlr Landar the Sec. on the Board.
[2016/02/27 11:01] albertlr Landar: And I was noticing while going over the opensimulator wiki that there use to be a meeting scheduled on Saturdays called the Saturday Q&A
[2016/02/27 11:02] albertlr Landar: So felt this might be a good time to restart that on a regular basis.
[2016/02/27 11:02] albertlr Landar: So we can better communicate with developers of both core and the viewers.
[2016/02/27 11:02] albertlr Landar: I think everyone agrees that better communication can help everyone.
[2016/02/27 11:03] albertlr Landar: A lot of the problem is most people have day jobs during the week, so getting together one on one is not always possible.
[2016/02/27 11:03] albertlr Landar: So this meeing can serve as a way to better get problems out in the open and to get solutions there too.
[2016/02/27 11:04] albertlr Landar: We also want to have any questions from the users so that we can resolve not only your problem, but also those that probably affect others too.
[2016/02/27 11:04] albertlr Landar: It's rare that a problem affects one person at a time.
[2016/02/27 11:05] albertlr Landar: We also need to encourgage more people to report their software problems either to the mantis or to the individual vierer developers.
[2016/02/27 11:05] albertlr Landar: Now first are there any core developers here is my first question?
[2016/02/27 11:05] albertlr Landar: Or anyone here representing one of the many viewers?
[2016/02/27 11:06] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: I am here for Nicky and myself for the Kokua viewer. I help Nicky with the Mac version
[2016/02/27 11:06] albertlr Landar: Oh great.
[2016/02/27 11:06] Cinder.YrrrTeam @grid.yrgrid.com:8002: i'm here from alchemy viewer.
[2016/02/27 11:06] albertlr Landar: Great
[2016/02/27 11:07] albertlr Landar: Can you give is your advice on what we can do to make your efforts more affective
[2016/02/27 11:07] albertlr Landar: Gavin you want to address that first?
[2016/02/27 11:07] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: That is a wide question but at the top of my head test grids
[2016/02/27 11:08] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: we need both a stable configuration of the current release + a development version that is the release and only the release in it
[2016/02/27 11:08] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: not additional modules like the OSgrid asset server
[2016/02/27 11:08] albertlr Landar: well we have that here on OSgrid all the time.
[2016/02/27 11:09] albertlr Landar: ok so the OSgrid asset server would give you false stats.
[2016/02/27 11:09] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: OSgrid is always on dev
[2016/02/27 11:09] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: never on the current release
[2016/02/27 11:09] albertlr Landar: meaning 8.1?
[2016/02/27 11:09] dan banner: 0.8.2 is current release
[2016/02/27 11:09] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: 0.8.2.1
[2016/02/27 11:09] albertlr Landar: ok
[2016/02/27 11:09] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: because most people don't run dev
[2016/02/27 11:10] dan banner: we have always run dev code
[2016/02/27 11:10] albertlr Landar: yea
[2016/02/27 11:10] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: so we both need to test on stable and on dev for upcoming releases and features
[2016/02/27 11:10] albertlr Landar: Ok then we need to find a grid running just 0.8.2.1
[2016/02/27 11:10] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: the next thing is at least a rudimentary roadmap
[2016/02/27 11:11] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: we need to know what's ahead
[2016/02/27 11:11] Cinder.YrrrTeam @grid.yrgrid.com:8002: it's not too difficult to setup. it's easier to debug if you have console access.
[2016/02/27 11:11] albertlr Landar: well from what I have heard for now there won't be that many big changes to opensimlator for a while, just bug fixes.
[2016/02/27 11:11] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: exactly Cinder, but some bugs only manifest themselves under load
[2016/02/27 11:11] albertlr Landar: If any.
[2016/02/27 11:12] Muxe Magic: I'm still having issues with UNIX vs MS and domain vs using just the avi name. Zombies apoc'd all over me, but I'd be kewl to troubleshoot n stuff. As long as it doesn't jack up my hybrid linquistics
[2016/02/27 11:12] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: One of the things I am curious about is that the viewers are holding back Opensim
[2016/02/27 11:13] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: It would be good to know exactly what are the features that are missing
[2016/02/27 11:13] albertlr Landar: you mean the statements that Nebadon made.
[2016/02/27 11:13] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: yes, but I have seen it all over
[2016/02/27 11:13] albertlr Landar: That was not stated properly.
[2016/02/27 11:13] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: it also get repeated on sites such as HGB
[2016/02/27 11:14] albertlr Landar: Ok basically what he was trying to say is the using the SL protocols is what is holding back opensimulator.
[2016/02/27 11:14] stiofain nbmcmedia: one thing needed for events is a standard slurl type of link
[2016/02/27 11:14] albertlr Landar: And that is why some of the core developers are experimenting with a different type viewer.
[2016/02/27 11:14] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: is there a spec on what those are?
[2016/02/27 11:14] albertlr Landar: not based on SL.
[2016/02/27 11:15] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: and what they should be?
[2016/02/27 11:15] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: for opensim
[2016/02/27 11:15] Cinder.YrrrTeam @grid.yrgrid.com:8002: the lludp protocol isn't even fully supported, so i'm not sure how such a case can be made.
[2016/02/27 11:15] albertlr Landar: Well I think we might see exactly what they were referring too in the not to distant future.
[2016/02/27 11:15] dan banner: from my understanding the viewer currently being developed requires a module
[2016/02/27 11:16] albertlr Landar: has anyone looked at what Diva has been doing with her Onlook viewer
[2016/02/27 11:16] dan banner: and wether that module is going to be made available in core is unknown
[2016/02/27 11:16] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: OnLook is a modified Siungularity
[2016/02/27 11:17] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: and it seems like Singularity is having problems progressing at the moment
[2016/02/27 11:17] dan banner: onlook is another viewer that uses modules
[2016/02/27 11:17] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: probably because of outdated libraries
[2016/02/27 11:17] albertlr Landar: yes, but that also gives some insight to what the core developers are looking for.
[2016/02/27 11:18] albertlr Landar: And Dan is correct, they want a modular type viewer. To reduce the size of the memory usage in the viewer.
[2016/02/27 11:18] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: There are actually two - three general issues for the viewer developers:
[2016/02/27 11:18] albertlr Landar: So what one person may need another won't.
[2016/02/27 11:18] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: 1. keep up with new versions of operating systems
[2016/02/27 11:18] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: 2. keep up with the large nubmer of changes LL is doing under to hood
[2016/02/27 11:18] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: 3. keep up with Opensim
[2016/02/27 11:19] albertlr Landar: And that brings up a good point.
[2016/02/27 11:19] albertlr Landar: The core developers feel that SL has gotten to a point, that the new changes they are making are not what would work in opensimulator anyway.
[2016/02/27 11:20] Cinder.YrrrTeam @grid.yrgrid.com:8002: you mean like object culling and interest lists?
[2016/02/27 11:20] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: some maybe, but most will still work
[2016/02/27 11:20] Cinder.YrrrTeam @grid.yrgrid.com:8002: would certainly help, especially wright plaza.
[2016/02/27 11:20] albertlr Landar: Yea.
[2016/02/27 11:20] Cinder.YrrrTeam @grid.yrgrid.com:8002: and AIS3 and inventory pipelining.
[2016/02/27 11:21] albertlr Landar: I really admire you developers on the viewers that are able to get those things working in opensim.
[2016/02/27 11:21] Cinder.YrrrTeam @grid.yrgrid.com:8002: none of the recent innovations from ll have even been attempted in opensim.
[2016/02/27 11:21] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: the new avatar and skeleton should be possible to get to work and would benefit everyone
[2016/02/27 11:21] albertlr Landar: And I know the users do too, you don't get enough credit for the great work you do.
[2016/02/27 11:21] Cinder.YrrrTeam @grid.yrgrid.com:8002: and by recent i mean 2011 and later.
[2016/02/27 11:21] albertlr Landar: Agreed.
[2016/02/27 11:22] Lucy Afarensis: It would be nice to put water on a prim
[2016/02/27 11:22] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: system water?
[2016/02/27 11:22] Lucy Afarensis: yes
[2016/02/27 11:23] Muxe Magic: oooh, so nice
[2016/02/27 11:23] Cinder.YrrrTeam @grid.yrgrid.com:8002: volumetric water would be amazing, but not likey to ever be implemented.
[2016/02/27 11:23] Muxe Magic: people can have pools in the sky
[2016/02/27 11:23] albertlr Landar: Gavin and Cinder please give me the perferred URL to give to the public if they will provide you with testing grids for your viewers or any other feed back you might like before you leave.
[2016/02/27 11:24] Cinder.YrrrTeam @grid.yrgrid.com:8002: i work for a grid so i'm able to test and have been.
[2016/02/27 11:24] albertlr Landar: Ok, thats good.
[2016/02/27 11:24] Cinder.YrrrTeam @grid.yrgrid.com:8002: littlefield has also been very open to setting up test regions and such.
[2016/02/27 11:24] albertlr Landar: Well would testing your viewer on the bleeding edge opensimulator be of any help to you.
[2016/02/27 11:25] albertlr Landar: Ok then maybe Walter would help Gavin and the Kokua also.
[2016/02/27 11:25] Cinder.YrrrTeam @grid.yrgrid.com:8002: not really, not until around RC time. otherwise you're aiming at a moving target.
[2016/02/27 11:25] albertlr Landar: I will talk to Walter about that.
[2016/02/27 11:26] albertlr Landar: Well for now the last release has really slowed down for a while, so it is pretty stable at the moment.
[2016/02/27 11:26] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: http://blog.kokuaviewer.org
[2016/02/27 11:26] albertlr Landar: But understood.
[2016/02/27 11:26] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: sorry about that
[2016/02/27 11:27] Cinder.YrrrTeam @grid.yrgrid.com:8002: if there's ever anything i need to check in current, i have a few regions on osgrid setup. :)
[2016/02/27 11:27] Cinder.YrrrTeam @grid.yrgrid.com:8002: so i'm able to see the dev code in action as well.
[2016/02/27 11:28] albertlr Landar: I am going to be working on the OSgrid Wiki and the Opensimulator Wiki to try to fix a lot of the missing links, and to add links for all the various viewers so new and old users can better locate what is available out there.
[2016/02/27 11:28] Cinder.YrrrTeam @grid.yrgrid.com:8002: just not the robust end of it.
[2016/02/27 11:28] albertlr Landar: Ok that sounds good. Cinder if you ever need anything to help you please don't hesitate to ask me or Dan.
[2016/02/27 11:28] Kyla Vixen: oh thats great!
[2016/02/27 11:28] Cinder.YrrrTeam @grid.yrgrid.com:8002: ok
[2016/02/27 11:29] albertlr Landar: Now questions.
[2016/02/27 11:29] Kyla Vixen: it needs updating for long time
[2016/02/27 11:29] albertlr Landar: anyone have any regarding just about anything related to opensimulator.
[2016/02/27 11:29] Jeff Hall: i'll keep following in JIRA for viewer:)
[2016/02/27 11:30] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: I am sure you get a lot of bug reports that are viewer specific, but that does not end up in Mantis as it is not directly the dev code
[2016/02/27 11:30] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: how do you go about those?
[2016/02/27 11:30] Cinder.YrrrTeam @grid.yrgrid.com:8002: alchemy's bug report tool is here, btw: https://alchemy.atlassian.net we love bug reports.
[2016/02/27 11:30] Kyla Vixen: What and where is the right way to report those bugz?
[2016/02/27 11:31] oscar jones: i thought maybe could toss this oar up to public for fund raiser to send to dan
[2016/02/27 11:31] Kyla Vixen: oh ok
[2016/02/27 11:31] albertlr Landar: I think that is proably what confuses a lot of users.
[2016/02/27 11:31] Hans Nerido: 1 major prob is no user talks to the viewer devs.........
[2016/02/27 11:31] albertlr Landar: When they see a problem, is the viewer or the opensimulator.
[2016/02/27 11:31] Hans Nerido: they like it to blame all devs for bugs
[2016/02/27 11:31] Cinder.YrrrTeam @grid.yrgrid.com:8002: ai austin is usually pretty good at linking viewer specific problem against mantis issues.
[2016/02/27 11:31] Lucy Afarensis: sometimes it is hard for a user to know where the problem is
[2016/02/27 11:32] albertlr Landar: Well they don't seem to realize it's two different software programs working together.
[2016/02/27 11:32] stiofain nbmcmedia: just my earlier question about a standard slurl equivalent
[2016/02/27 11:32] Kyla Vixen: Yes Im using Fs but i try same things in Alchemy and Singu and find it's mostly the same
[2016/02/27 11:32] albertlr Landar: And they are each written in two differnt languages.
[2016/02/27 11:33] albertlr Landar: And that is a good approach to narrow it down.
[2016/02/27 11:33] albertlr Landar: Trial and Error.
[2016/02/27 11:33] Hans Nerido: they do albert but its easier to blame the devs in some forums as to talk with them
[2016/02/27 11:33] Kyla Vixen: Well for an example... everyone agrees that search is suxx? is it OS problem?
[2016/02/27 11:33] Kayaker Magic: I'm looking at the opensimulator download page, I don't see a binary package for 0.9, is that available somewhere?
[2016/02/27 11:34] Kyla Vixen: Kay, OSGrid has one set up for theirs grid
[2016/02/27 11:34] Cinder.YrrrTeam @grid.yrgrid.com:8002: parcel search isn't included in OpenSim core, it's a third party module.
[2016/02/27 11:34] dan banner: kayaker: we have a binary for osgrid on the osgrid download page
[2016/02/27 11:34] Cinder.YrrrTeam @grid.yrgrid.com:8002: (and it's written in yet another language as well)
[2016/02/27 11:34] Kayaker Magic: going there now, thanks.
[2016/02/27 11:34] dan banner: it can be reconfigured to run as standalone or connect to other grids
[2016/02/27 11:35] Kyla Vixen: Thanks Cinder. We have third to blame - Grid owners/admins)
[2016/02/27 11:35] Unadecal Masala: Search is probably a grid-specific problem, but is there a wiki explaining how to configure and populate a seach database anywhere? are there helpers for that?
[2016/02/27 11:35] Muxe Magic: the problem with the browsers and communications is finding a key. some think in North vs South, forgetting East vs West and NW/NE and so on. put them together and I get Patois
[2016/02/27 11:35] albertlr Landar: One of the new additions to the wiki which will be coming.
[2016/02/27 11:36] albertlr Landar: Cinda is your viewer based on Firestorm?
[2016/02/27 11:37] Kyla Vixen: Btw is it so hard to port Phototools from FS to others viewers? thats the thing i really need of it
[2016/02/27 11:37] Cinder.YrrrTeam @grid.yrgrid.com:8002: no, it's based on second life's viewer.
[2016/02/27 11:37] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: same as the Kokua
[2016/02/27 11:37] Cinder.YrrrTeam @grid.yrgrid.com:8002: kyle, i've been working on something like that for alchemy this week in fact. :)
[2016/02/27 11:37] albertlr Landar: Oh ok, so it is more direct from SL.
[2016/02/27 11:37] Kyla Vixen: Oh greaat
[2016/02/27 11:37] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: with some FS code and RLV directly from Marine Kelly
[2016/02/27 11:38] Hans Nerido: the alchemy works not bad here :-)))
[2016/02/27 11:38] albertlr Landar: Well I realize that some parts are gather from other viewers.
[2016/02/27 11:38] dan banner: ya alchemy is decent
[2016/02/27 11:38] Kyla Vixen: I found Alchemy to be a bit faster i must note
[2016/02/27 11:38] albertlr Landar: Ok maybe we should add you to our download page if that is ok.
[2016/02/27 11:38] albertlr Landar: Try to get you some feed back from the users.
[2016/02/27 11:38] Hans Nerido: for sure albert
[2016/02/27 11:38] Kyla Vixen: i dont like the interface though, I do miss my friendlist in chat and some other things
[2016/02/27 11:38] Jeff Hall: looking forward to see Lightshare implemented in Alchemy
[2016/02/27 11:39] Hans Nerido: this viewer is stable and fast :-))
[2016/02/27 11:39] Kyla Vixen: But I do like the URL field)
[2016/02/27 11:39] dan banner: if osgrid can be one of the default grids in the grid selector i'll be happy to add it
[2016/02/27 11:39] Cinder.YrrrTeam @grid.yrgrid.com:8002: yeah, i still need to finish lightshare.
[2016/02/27 11:39] Jeff Hall: im the JIRA pusher Cinder;)
[2016/02/27 11:39] Hans Nerido: than move your butt up Cinder :-))))
[2016/02/27 11:39] albertlr Landar: well if Cinda can do that it would be great.
[2016/02/27 11:39] Kyla Vixen: yes why not add some gridz
[2016/02/27 11:40] Cinder.YrrrTeam @grid.yrgrid.com:8002: we don't have a default grid list.
[2016/02/27 11:40] Kyla Vixen: mm but why?
[2016/02/27 11:40] albertlr Landar: I think that is one of the problems with some of the viewers its adding their own grid or other one to the default list.
[2016/02/27 11:40] albertlr Landar: Its just too difficult for them to figure it out.
[2016/02/27 11:40] Kyla Vixen: Im asking because i had some issues getting my friends from SL here )
[2016/02/27 11:40] Lucy Afarensis: singularity is easy
[2016/02/27 11:40] dan banner: adding a viewer to our list that new users cant figure out how to login here is a problem
[2016/02/27 11:41] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: Kokua has OSGrid in the standard list
[2016/02/27 11:41] Cinder.YrrrTeam @grid.yrgrid.com:8002: because i chose to write an opensim implementation that would be less grid-centric. i added a way to add grids from a specially formed url.
[2016/02/27 11:41] albertlr Landar: yea and works very well.
[2016/02/27 11:41] albertlr Landar: hum ok
[2016/02/27 11:41] Cinder.YrrrTeam @grid.yrgrid.com:8002: the idea is soon you'll be able to click a link on a webpage and that will automatically add the grid and log you in to that region.
[2016/02/27 11:42] Cinder.YrrrTeam @grid.yrgrid.com:8002: no need to fumble with configuration.
[2016/02/27 11:42] Kyla Vixen: Isnt "less grid centric" means "more grid-diversal" ?
[2016/02/27 11:42] albertlr Landar: well not to be rude to some uses, but sometimes it helps to be as simple as possible for them.
[2016/02/27 11:42] stiofain nbmcmedia: just what i want to hear cinders
[2016/02/27 11:42] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: or someone maintained a grid list one place that everyone could subscribe to
[2016/02/27 11:43] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: kindoff like opensimworld or the destination guide Maria maintains
[2016/02/27 11:43] albertlr Landar: One request I would like to make to everyone here.
[2016/02/27 11:43] Kyla Vixen: if a user enters the name like vasya@osgrid could that be enough?
[2016/02/27 11:43] stiofain nbmcmedia: all those things seem to come and go gav
[2016/02/27 11:44] albertlr Landar: We do need more active core developers, that have a good knowledge of C#.
[2016/02/27 11:44] Kyla Vixen: needs a viewer to resolve that name
[2016/02/27 11:44] albertlr Landar: If you do and they want to donate their time, please have them contact me.
[2016/02/27 11:44] Cinder.YrrrTeam @grid.yrgrid.com:8002: well, eventually maria will have links on her site where you'd just be able to click the destination, it opens the viewer no matter what grid, logs you into your home account, and you're there.
[2016/02/27 11:44] Kyla Vixen: I had idea of putting OS to the Kickstarter or Summer of Code
[2016/02/27 11:44] Cinder.YrrrTeam @grid.yrgrid.com:8002: no opening the map, etc.
[2016/02/27 11:45] dan banner: kind of like opensimworld works now
[2016/02/27 11:45] Kyla Vixen: but i can't imagine what features devscan use in proposals
[2016/02/27 11:45] Cinder.YrrrTeam @grid.yrgrid.com:8002: yeah.
[2016/02/27 11:45] Cinder.YrrrTeam @grid.yrgrid.com:8002: there are too many steps to get inworld.
[2016/02/27 11:45] albertlr Landar: How about adding a button to store that location in the grid selector, if you have one.
[2016/02/27 11:45] Jeff Hall: i unfortunately know more VB net than C# Albert but if i hear about people i will tell
[2016/02/27 11:45] Cinder.YrrrTeam @grid.yrgrid.com:8002: if we make it less steps, more people can use it.
[2016/02/27 11:45] stiofain nbmcmedia: def too many hurdless more than steps
[2016/02/27 11:45] albertlr Landar: yea that is very true.
[2016/02/27 11:46] Kyla Vixen: yes but plz dont forget those non-english speaking
[2016/02/27 11:46] Muxe Magic: I have some grey areas I need to discuss regarding abandoned stuff.
[2016/02/27 11:46] Muxe Magic: hablo Spanglish
[2016/02/27 11:46] Kyla Vixen: clicking a link on a page means understanding what`s written there
[2016/02/27 11:47] albertlr Landar: very true.
[2016/02/27 11:47] Kyla Vixen: or it have to be a RED BIG BUTTON
[2016/02/27 11:47] Muxe Magic: but my voice is a little wrecked atm. HMS Pinafore program wore me out and I actually sound like a GOOSE right now.
[2016/02/27 11:48] albertlr Landar: We are going to post this chat in the wiki just like it has been done for the Dev. meetings on Tuesdays.
[2016/02/27 11:48] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: great
[2016/02/27 11:48] albertlr Landar: So those that were not here from the beginning will be able to read what went on and what was said.
[2016/02/27 11:48] Lucy Afarensis: Are the dev meetings going to continue ?
[2016/02/27 11:49] Jeff Hall: thanks for doing Albert
[2016/02/27 11:49] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: is it possible to post both chats word-wrapped?
[2016/02/27 11:49] Muxe Magic: reviving my Jamaican accent for the show....seems to be the cornerstone of many
[2016/02/27 11:49] albertlr Landar: Yes Andew will be helping with that.
[2016/02/27 11:49] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: it makes it easier on all the devices people use these days
[2016/02/27 11:49] dan banner: gavin i noticed that too
[2016/02/27 11:49] albertlr Landar: And I will attend also, not that I am any type of developer, just a user like everyone else.
[2016/02/27 11:50] albertlr Landar: But we want to try to keep the lines of communication open as much as possible, while the slow down is going on.
[2016/02/27 11:50] albertlr Landar: And if we had more active developers right now more of the bugs would be addressed.
[2016/02/27 11:51] albertlr Landar: But unfortunately right now the main developers have too many obligations and day jobs themeselves.
[2016/02/27 11:51] albertlr Landar: Patches are still welcome though.
[2016/02/27 11:51] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: actually for Opensim it would be better to take a year to just fix current functionality and not pile on new stuff
[2016/02/27 11:52] dan banner: agreed
[2016/02/27 11:52] Kyla Vixen: if someone can put a major line a kickstarter goal can be started and a developer can be hired
[2016/02/27 11:52] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: there are tons of things that only work so, so and it would be great to get it working properly
[2016/02/27 11:52] albertlr Landar: Here is a page that Diva posted earlier last year, when there was some confusion and how the patch process works.
[2016/02/27 11:52] Serene Jewell: Thanks for the work you are doing to keep communication open, albertir.
[2016/02/27 11:52] Jeff Hall: that slowdown can be a nice occasions to increase viewers compatibility
[2016/02/27 11:52] albertlr Landar: http://www.metaverseink.com/blog/opensim/policies-for-patching-opensimulator/
[2016/02/27 11:53] albertlr Landar: If you have not read Diva's post I urge you to do so. This is basically a guideline for anyone wanting to help with the development process.
[2016/02/27 11:53] albertlr Landar: And please pass this page on to anyone you might know that may be of help to the improvement of opensimulator.
[2016/02/27 11:53] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: there also needs to be much attention on backward compatibility / migration as people get bigger and bigger grids
[2016/02/27 11:54] Kyla Vixen: Wish I had C# experience
[2016/02/27 11:54] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: otherwise you will see the same type of fragementation you have on Andoid
[2016/02/27 11:54] albertlr Landar: I think the examples of what was accepted and what was rejected listed below should be a good help in better understanding the process.
[2016/02/27 11:55] Muxe Magic: I've been getting a lot of help at LBSA, so I could do the Wilkommen thing here when my RL dust settles....but my gear has been jacked.
[2016/02/27 11:55] Kayaker Magic: C# is just MicroSquishie's bastard revision of Java.
[2016/02/27 11:55] Muxe Magic: screw C#.. ijs
[2016/02/27 11:55] albertlr Landar: But it runs opensimulator.
[2016/02/27 11:55] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: which mostly run on a bastard version of Microsoft .Net
[2016/02/27 11:55] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: hehe
[2016/02/27 11:55] Muxe Magic: and C++, I freakin h8 programming
[2016/02/27 11:56] Kyla Vixen: does Mono runs it well?
[2016/02/27 11:56] Kayaker Magic: I'm just saying if you speak Java you can probably find your way around C#
[2016/02/27 11:56] oscar jones: any suggestions on 80 gig freespace used up in 3 weeks?
[2016/02/27 11:56] Muxe Magic: ew, the corporate plantation wants us back.
[2016/02/27 11:57] albertlr Landar: Mono is used for Linux version, and Net is used in the MS version.
[2016/02/27 11:57] Gavin.Hird @grid.xmir.org:8002: it runs very well on mono for OS X
[2016/02/27 11:57] Kayaker Magic: And yes, opensim works well under mono
[2016/02/27 11:57] dan banner: oscar is this from a grid you're running or osgrid simulator?
[2016/02/27 11:57] Kyla Vixen: i meant if it has its own bugs
[2016/02/27 11:58] dan banner: most likely its going to be assets and/or cache files
[2016/02/27 11:58] Kyla Vixen: I was hoping to start it someday
[2016/02/27 11:58] oscar jones: my sim is on osgrid
[2016/02/27 11:58] oscar jones: grid hypergrid mode
[2016/02/27 11:58] Kyla Vixen: Btw I've found assets issues aren't rare ... is there a guide how to resolve those?
[2016/02/27 11:58] Muxe Magic: Mono... lol.. kissin disease.... got better things to kiss than that poser's caboose
[2016/02/27 11:59] Kyla Vixen: Oscar, using MySQL database?
[2016/02/27 11:59] oscar jones: it is running yes but dont need it for current mode
[2016/02/27 11:59] albertlr Landar: Well I must run myself, but we will be here next week same time. Dan is going to take over since I must leave now. Thanks to everyone for coming.
[2016/02/27 12:00] Kyla Vixen: maybe it had eaten space and needs shrinking?
[2016/02/27 12:04] oscar jones: yeah Kyla i was wondering about dumping the mysql data stored

Personal tools
About This Wiki