Chat log from the meeting on 2015-12-08

From OpenSimulator

Jump to: navigation, search
[10:58] Andrew Hellershanks: I'm not used to logging in to this region and arriving up here.
[11:03] Andrew Hellershanks: Who attended the OSCC?
[11:04] Lucy Afarensis: I saw some of it
[11:04] Lucy Afarensis: Cox Cable crashed that Sunday
[11:04] Lucy Afarensis: missed a lot
[11:04] Andrew Hellershanks: I was there for a few panels. Didn't get to see much of one of the exhibit areas.
[11:05] Andrew Hellershanks: Videos of the panels should appear on the conference website in a few days.
[11:05] Lucy Afarensis: It is worthgoing back to see
[11:05] Andrew Hellershanks: If there were panels you wanted to see but missed you will be able to see them once the videos are up. All the panels are recorded.
[11:05] Richardus.Raymaker @hypergrid.org:8002: Any intressting topic on OSCC ?
[11:06] Andrew Hellershanks: The one on NPC's I found interesting but I missed the second part of it due to RL so I'm going to go back and watch the video for it when its available.
[11:06] Jak Daniels: The videos are still on livestream:
[11:06] Jak Daniels: http://original.livestream.com/metaworld2/video?clipId=pla_46e24aa3-0b44-4521-b0b5-d1a57299d531&utm_source=lslibrary&utm_medium=ui-thumb
[11:06] Lucy Afarensis: That was the one I wanted to see
[11:07] Andrew Hellershanks: Oh? The videos are already up?
[11:07] Jak Daniels: I think it's the livestream own archives maybe?
[11:08] Andrew Hellershanks: perhaps. I'm not sure how the recording of the panels was done.
[11:08] Jak Daniels: it's seems to be part of the Inworld review channel.... is that Mal Burns?
[11:09] Andrew Hellershanks: Here comes nebadon
[11:09] Andrew Hellershanks: Jak, I think so, from something I saw the other night.
[11:10] Andrew Hellershanks: ok, I'll be able to watch the part of the NPC panel I missed, and perhaps check out the video of the panel that came after that seemed to use NPC's
[11:11] Nebadon Izumi: hey all
[11:11] Nebadon Izumi: sorry I am late
[11:11] Nebadon Izumi: Encitra stuff distrtacting me
[11:11] Andrew Hellershanks: :)
[11:11] Nebs Metal Bar Stool v1.5 (w/sit & launch): Hello Nebadon Izumi, enjoy your sit..
[11:11] Nebadon Izumi: hello
[11:11] Nebadon Izumi: how is everyone doing :)
[11:12] Andrew Hellershanks: np, neb. I was just asking the people here if they had attended the OSCC.
[11:12] Nebadon Izumi: you guys have fun at OSCC?
[11:12] Lucy Afarensis: happy
[11:12] Wolf.Freeman @free-world.spdns.de:8002: good, thx
[11:12] Nebadon Izumi: ya cool
[11:12] Andrew Hellershanks: It was good. A little different for me this year being on two Keynote panels.
[11:12] Andrew Hellershanks: Attendance seemed good for the panels.
[11:13] Kayaker Magic: Will we have more notice next year? I would like to present a talk but did not have time to get organized.
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: hopefully Kayaker
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: with Justin leaving
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: and us having to make a 1000 adjustments because of that
[11:14] Nebadon Izumi: we had very little time
[11:14] Nebadon Izumi: plus the big code merge
[11:14] Nebadon Izumi: I was traveling
[11:14] Nebadon Izumi: its all kind of circumstantial
[11:14] Nebadon Izumi: I sure hope so though
[11:15] Nebadon Izumi: still even with the short time and minimal volunteer levels
[11:15] Nebadon Izumi: I think it went of spectaucularity
[11:15] Andrew Hellershanks: Easy solution. Start work on OSCC 2016 now. :)
[11:15] Nebadon Izumi: there was not a single opensim crash
[11:15] Nebadon Izumi: the entire day
[11:15] Nebadon Izumi: even 24 hours later things were fine
[11:16] Nebadon Izumi: last year we didnt even make it 1/2 way through the day
[11:16] Nebadon Izumi: before we had a crash
[11:16] Andrew Hellershanks: OSCC was running on 0.9?
[11:17] Nebadon Izumi: no
[11:17] Nebadon Izumi: 0.8.2-post-fixes
[11:17] Andrew Hellershanks: ok.
[11:17] Nebadon Izumi: on protocol 0.3
[11:17] Nebadon Izumi: we wanted to insure compatibility with older grids as much as we could
[11:17] Andrew Hellershanks nods
[11:17] Nebadon Izumi: seemed there was trouble with 0.7.5 regions
[11:17] Nebadon Izumi: could not teleport back to OSCC once you arived in one
[11:17] Nebadon Izumi: still you could make it to the event
[11:18] Nebadon Izumi: so that was good
[11:18] Nebadon Izumi: always safe routes in via OSgrid and other places Metro grid
[11:18] Andrew Hellershanks: I checked avatars in the Keynote areas on a couple of occasions and found over 100 people (including staff and speakers).
[11:18] Nebadon Izumi: attendance was great
[11:18] Nebadon Izumi: in the last 30 days OSCC had about 500 visitors
[11:18] Nebadon Izumi: slightly more 520
[11:18] Nebadon Izumi: something like that
[11:18] Nebadon Izumi: so it was huge success
[11:19] Nebadon Izumi: and considering we did zero bot testing this year
[11:19] Andrew Hellershanks: Very good considering the short time frame to get the conference going.
[11:19] Nebadon Izumi: those are real numbers
[11:19] Nebadon Izumi: not our load test bots
[11:19] Nebadon Izumi: I saw at peak load around 120 concurrent
[11:19] Nebadon Izumi: but i have to admit i wasnt always paying attention
[11:19] Nebadon Izumi: its likely it was higher than that at times
[11:20] Nebadon Izumi: i was mostly focusing on Keynote
[11:20] Nebadon Izumi: and not the expos and landing zones
[11:20] Jak Daniels: I think I saw 130 over the four keynotes at one point
[11:20] Nebadon Izumi: nice
[11:20] Nebadon Izumi: ya i figured it was slightly higher than what i saw
[11:21] Andrew Hellershanks: Got any feedback yet re: the different panels?
[11:22] Nebadon Izumi: all very positive feedback
[11:22] Nebadon Izumi: everyone seemed very happy with how it went
[11:22] Nebadon Izumi: streaming went well I think
[11:22] Nebadon Izumi: always a few stumbles, but that is to be expected
[11:22] Andrew Hellershanks: yup
[11:23] Nebadon Izumi: We will do some more cleanup work there
[11:23] Nebadon Izumi: maybe try to get some volulnteer action on doing the community path for this year
[11:23] Nebadon Izumi: even though we didnt get it in time for the event
[11:23] Nebadon Izumi: no reason to not do it stil
[11:23] Nebadon Izumi: the grid will remain up
[11:24] Nebadon Izumi: we have to cleanup the Landing Zone and Breakout Zone regions
[11:24] Nebadon Izumi: so i can create oars and share with everyone
[11:24] Nebadon Izumi: so still a bit of OSCC work ahead
[11:24] Andrew Hellershanks: I was slightly surprised to see some of last years areas still up. Namely, the other four expo sites and Shopping.
[11:24] Nebadon Izumi: we have to finalize things with the crowd funders
[11:24] Nebadon Izumi: deliver the gifts and such
[11:26] Wolf.Freeman @free-world.spdns.de:8002: question please
[11:26] Nebadon Izumi: ask away :)
[11:26] Wolf.Freeman @free-world.spdns.de:8002: win .net 0.9
[11:26] Wolf.Freeman @free-world.spdns.de:8002: some red errors on Opensim
[11:26] Nebadon Izumi: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JYVl9Autxs&feature=share
[11:26] Wolf.Freeman @free-world.spdns.de:8002: V2 Profiles
[11:27] Nebadon Izumi: ok, please file a mantis
[11:27] Nebadon Izumi: with the log
[11:27] Nebadon Izumi: and all the details of your environment
[11:27] Nebadon Izumi: http://www.opensimulator.org/mantis
[11:27] Wolf.Freeman @free-world.spdns.de:8002: yes i'll do it
[11:27] Wolf.Freeman @free-world.spdns.de:8002: thx
[11:27] Nebadon Izumi: I run all linux here
[11:27] Nebadon Izumi: so i am afraid i cant offer much assitance
[11:27] Nebadon Izumi: but lets start with bug report
[11:27] Nebadon Izumi: then others can chime in and test
[11:27] Nebadon Izumi: Ubit runs windows for testing
[11:27] Andrew Hellershanks: I'm also not running 0.9 under Windows yet.
[11:28] Wolf.Freeman @free-world.spdns.de:8002: my grid is good, everything is verry good, no outher problems, but the errors when i ask my Profile
[11:29] Nebadon Izumi: great
[11:29] Andrew Hellershanks: Just 1 error or multiple errors when asking for your profile?
[11:29] Wolf.Freeman @free-world.spdns.de:8002: one
[11:30] Wolf.Freeman @free-world.spdns.de:8002: thomethig like out of Range
[11:30] Wolf.Freeman @free-world.spdns.de:8002: a value should be not zerrow
[11:30] Andrew Hellershanks: hm... interesting.
[11:30] Wolf.Freeman @free-world.spdns.de:8002: tells the console
[11:31] Andrew Hellershanks: Definitely mantis that issue.
[11:31] Wolf.Freeman @free-world.spdns.de:8002: yes i'll do
[11:31] Andrew Hellershanks: I've run in to some issues today using 0.8.0 that I need to test in 0.8.2
[11:32] Andrew Hellershanks: I loaded a Linda Kellie OAR file in my standalone and it crashes OS.
[11:32] Nebadon Izumi: try disabling xengine and physics
[11:32] Wolf.Freeman @free-world.spdns.de:8002: oh i forgot to tell: LLClientview !!! thats the Error
[11:32] Nebadon Izumi: sometimes with heavy oars this is required
[11:33] Nebadon Izumi: what happens is
[11:33] Nebadon Izumi: when the oar finishes loading
[11:33] Nebadon Izumi: it starts running scripts and meshing physics
[11:33] Nebadon Izumi: then the dastatore kicks in
[11:33] Nebadon Izumi: and blammo
[11:33] Nebadon Izumi: crashola
[11:33] Richardus.Raymaker @hypergrid.org:8002: Still stuck with the seralization error
[11:33] Nebadon Izumi: kind of like someone logging in while scripts are starting
[11:34] Andrew Hellershanks: ok. It crashed with both BS and ODE phys. I haven't tried with no phys.
[11:34] Richardus.Raymaker @hypergrid.org:8002: Content cannot be converted to the type Float. Line 2176, position 36. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
[11:34] Nebadon Izumi: yea physics engine wont matter
[11:34] Nebadon Izumi: its a threading problem
[11:34] Richardus.Raymaker @hypergrid.org:8002: ProcessShpFlexiGravity(PrimitiveBaseShape
[11:34] Nebadon Izumi: its more scripts
[11:34] Nebadon Izumi: than physics
[11:34] Nebadon Izumi: but you put all 3 together and its TNT
[11:34] Andrew Hellershanks: hehe, yea
[11:35] Nebadon Izumi: ya Richardus
[11:35] Nebadon Izumi: those items may be broken forever
[11:35] Nebadon Izumi: unfortunateluy
[11:35] Nebadon Izumi: did you try doing a viewer export?
[11:35] Nebadon Izumi: xml
[11:35] Nebadon Izumi: then reimport
[11:35] Nebadon Izumi: short of that i dont know
[11:35] Richardus.Raymaker @hypergrid.org:8002 flüstert: lucky i think it's only one type. but still bummer. already not much tree's in OS
[11:35] Richardus.Raymaker @hypergrid.org:8002: Oh, no not tried viewer imprt export
[11:36] Richardus.Raymaker @hypergrid.org:8002: i need to try that in 30min
[11:36] Andrew Hellershanks: nebadon, I can also turn off datasnapshot
[11:36] Nebadon Izumi: cool i suspect that can fix it
[11:37] Nebadon Izumi: since it wont export the badness
[11:37] Nebadon Izumi: so you might get lucky
[11:37] Nebadon Izumi: if its heavily script though, it sucks
[11:37] Nebadon Izumi: if its just prims should be ok
[11:37] Andrew Hellershanks: Richardus, that sounds like a simple script error. Script may have a bug.
[11:38] Nebadon Izumi: I suspect its more than that
[11:38] Nebadon Izumi: its an old linkset
[11:38] Nebadon Izumi: we had a few here on Wright Plaza in freebie stores
[11:38] Richardus.Raymaker @hypergrid.org:8002: I think that tree not have any script. it's a modified blossom tree someone changed into gree
[11:38] Nebadon Izumi: i eventually erradicated them
[11:38] Richardus.Raymaker @hypergrid.org:8002: old linkset yes
[11:38] Nebadon Izumi: yea i ended up just erasing them
[11:38] Wolf.Freeman @free-world.spdns.de:8002: Console reports LLCLIENTVIEW-error when i call my Profile or call my Preferenses lol#
[11:38] Nebadon Izumi: since the stuff was not of any particularly good quality
[11:38] Nebadon Izumi: wasnt worth my time to salvage
[11:38] Richardus.Raymaker @hypergrid.org:8002: Yeah, but opensim not have replaement
[11:39] Richardus.Raymaker @hypergrid.org:8002: it's only one tree too
[11:39] Wolf.Freeman @free-world.spdns.de:8002: what is LLCLIENVIEW ?
[11:39] Nebadon Izumi: ya sometimes you just have to count your losses and move on
[11:39] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[11:39] Andrew Hellershanks: hehe, yea
[11:39] Richardus.Raymaker @hypergrid.org:8002: lol nebadon. that is a good queste for all the people that panic about the new type of grids.
[11:40] Richardus.Raymaker @hypergrid.org:8002: i need to add that in my opensim as painting :)
[11:41] Andrew Hellershanks: LLClientView refers to a piece of OpenSim. It is the first part of some of the text messages that show up on OpenSim consoles. Helps to narrow down which section of code is throwing errors.
[11:46] Simulator Version v0.5 ruft: OpenSim 0.9.0.0 Dev        7d8b783: 2015-12-05 08:30:30 +0000 (Unix/Mono)
[11:49] Richardus.Raymaker @hypergrid.org:8002: neb is looking for bugs on the floor i guess.
[11:49] Andrew Hellershanks: Still recovering from the OSCC perhaps. :)
[11:49] Kayaker Magic: I'm trying to find the chat logs, trouble getting there from the main page...
[11:50] Sheera.Khan @hypergrid.org:8002: http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Chat_log_from_the_meeting_on_2015-12-01
[11:50] Andrew Hellershanks: Look for the mention of Office hours
[11:50] Nebadon Izumi: i need to start turning my phone off during this meeting lol
[11:50] Sheera.Khan @hypergrid.org:8002: I'm just on that page to get ready to post the log for today
[11:51] Nebadon Izumi: search for "Office Hours"
[11:51] Nebadon Izumi: will always take you to it on the wiki
[11:51] Nebadon Izumi: the entire archive
[11:52] Kayaker Magic: Got it, thanks.
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: cool
[11:53] Andrew Hellershanks: Sheera, do you have it all starting from 11am? If not I can give you any part you may be missing.
[11:54] Sheera.Khan @hypergrid.org:8002: I think I've got it all covered :-)
[11:54] Richardus.Raymaker @hypergrid.org:8002: http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Office_Hours
[11:54] Kayaker Magic: Gota run, see you all next week.
[11:54] Nebadon Izumi: ok see you Kayaker
[11:54] Richardus.Raymaker @hypergrid.org:8002: google works faster
[11:54] Richardus.Raymaker @hypergrid.org:8002: bye kayaker
[11:55] Sheera.Khan @hypergrid.org:8002: I parked here during my hunt for dinner ^^
[11:55] Nebadon Izumi: ya in google
[11:55] Nebadon Izumi: you can type > site:opensimulator.org Office Hours
[11:55] Nebadon Izumi: to search a single site
[11:55] Richardus.Raymaker @hypergrid.org:8002: only previous page where confusing 2x 2014 and no 2015
[11:55] Richardus.Raymaker @hypergrid.org:8002: oh not did that opensim chat log where enough
[11:56] Nebadon Izumi: now that OSCC is over im getting caught up on all my real work
[11:56] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[11:56] Nebadon Izumi: hectic week :)
[11:56] Andrew Hellershanks: Now that database backups are complete I'm going to have more time for testing 0.8.2 and 0.9
[11:56] Richardus.Raymaker @hypergrid.org:8002: well, i need to cut a tree on my sim
[11:56] Nebadon Izumi: nice
[11:57] Richardus.Raymaker @hypergrid.org:8002: aha
[11:57] Nebadon Izumi: haha ok Richardus
[11:57] Nebadon Izumi: good luck
[11:57] Sheera.Khan @hypergrid.org:8002: have fun Rich ;-)
[11:57] Richardus.Raymaker @hypergrid.org:8002: thanks
[11:57] Andrew Hellershanks: I still want a decent mesh tree I can use for a money tree.
[11:57] Andrew Hellershanks: Haven't been able to get the tree maker to make something I like.
[11:57] Nebadon Izumi: http://nebadon2025.com/oars/topiary_2013-01-30.oar
[11:57] Nebadon Izumi: my mesh tree collection I made
[11:58] Nebadon Izumi: with snappytree
[11:58] Andrew Hellershanks: oh. ok. ty. I'll check it out.
[11:58] Nebadon Izumi: its a lot of trees :)
[11:59] Nebadon Izumi: ok well I think I am going to hop too, i have a pile of work
[11:59] Andrew Hellershanks: Yea, I played with snappy tree but couldn't get enough symmetry in the tree.
[11:59] Nebadon Izumi: see you next week
Personal tools
About This Wiki