Chat log from the meeting on 2013-03-19

From OpenSimulator

Jump to: navigation, search
[11:01] Andrew Hellershanks is online.
[11:01] Teravus Ousley is online.
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: hello Justin
[11:02] Justin Clark-Casey: hi teravus, folks
[11:03] Teravus Ousley: Hallo
[11:03] dan banner: hi everyone
[11:04] nurbsPlane9: DynamicTextureModule: Error preparing image using URL
[11:05] Nebadon Izumi: hmm looks like the script in the right screen finally stopped working, the website it uses appears to be offline
[11:05] dan banner:
[11:06] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[11:06] Nebadon Izumi: not responding
[11:06] Andrew Hellershanks: i'm back
[11:07] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: so last night, did you update the osgrid robust services?
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: no
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: should i have
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: the patches did not appear to have anything that touched robust
[11:08] Justin Clark-Casey: yes
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: I asked in IRC i didnt think anyone responded
[11:08] Justin Clark-Casey: Yeah, unfortunately IAvatarService.cs contains some code which is used service side
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: so i assumed i didnt have to
[11:08] Justin Clark-Casey: it's not just interface
[11:08] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: yes, I remmeber seeing that
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: ah ok
[11:08] Justin Clark-Casey: it's also quite possible that there will be attachment related issues on transporting between different opensim versions
[11:09] Nebadon Izumi: i'll try to get that updated a little later today
[11:09] Nebadon Izumi: I tested multiple attachments last night
[11:09] Nebadon Izumi: and it worked fine
[11:09] Nebadon Izumi: i even teleported to older sim
[11:09] Justin Clark-Casey: since if the receiving destination is pre multi-attach, it will detach variuos of your multiples
[11:09] Nebadon Izumi: no problem
[11:09] Nebadon Izumi: i didnt however try modifying multiple attachments in a older region
[11:09] Nebadon Izumi: i suspected that would fail
[11:09] Justin Clark-Casey: you were trying that on osgrid?
[11:09] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[11:10] Nebadon Izumi: this region is updated
[11:10] Nebadon Izumi: we can try right now
[11:10] Justin Clark-Casey: it might appear correctly in some places but incorrectly on relog, for instnace
[11:11] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[11:11] Nebadon Izumi: i cant recall if I relogged
[11:11] Nebadon Izumi: but teleporting it saved
[11:12] Nebadon Izumi: even to older region
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: 5 attachments on my hand
[11:13] Justin Clark-Casey: 4 of them in the same spot
[11:13] Justin Clark-Casey: ?
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: 5 of them
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: on my hand
[11:13] Justin Clark-Casey: ok, I see two cubes, ones white and one rapidly cylcing between colours
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: odd
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: guess you didnt see me move them
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: i probably need to detach and reattach
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: i moved em around
[11:13] dan banner: got to reattach
[11:14] Andrew Hellershanks: if you try that with clothing, how will it know what is on top of what?
[11:14] Justin Clark-Casey: really, is that true in general?
[11:14] dan banner: yes
[11:14] Justin Clark-Casey: ok, now I see five different coloured cubes at different positions
[11:14] dan banner: for attachments it is
[11:14] Justin Clark-Casey: so I guess the first test would be just to relog to this region
[11:14] Justin Clark-Casey: dan: oh right. That's... wrong
[11:14] dan banner: ya
[11:14] Nebadon Izumi: you should see my attachment move in realtime
[11:14] Nebadon Izumi: if i move it
[11:15] Nebadon Izumi: odd i had to reattach for you to get the update
[11:15] dan banner: i think thats broke
[11:15] Justin Clark-Casey: ok, so that's a new bug?
[11:15] dan banner: not new
[11:15] Nebadon Izumi: cant say if its new
[11:15] Nebadon Izumi: i hardly have enough attachments to fill all the spots
[11:15] Nebadon Izumi: let alone need more than 1 per spot
[11:15] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[11:15] Nebadon Izumi: i will probably never use this
[11:15] Justin Clark-Casey: so could you now relog?
[11:15] Nebadon Izumi: sure
[11:15] Nebadon Izumi: brb
[11:15] Nebadon Izumi is offline.
[11:16] Nebadon Izumi is online.
[11:16] Andrew Hellershanks: Being able to have hat and hair attached to head is about the only multi-attachment to one spot that I could think of as being useful.
[11:16] Nebadon Izumi: they look ok to me
[11:16] Jess Relait: hi Tiffany you are a lil cloud
[11:16] Justin Clark-Casey: yes, they appear fine to me as welll
[11:17] Nebadon Izumi: your sure there is a Robust update?
[11:17] Nebadon Izumi: oh before i forget too
[11:17] Nebadon Izumi: the new "show stats"
[11:17] Nebadon Izumi: i dont like it
[11:18] Nebadon Izumi: in regions with more than 1 simulator, its like several pages
[11:18] Nebadon Izumi: makes it someone less useful
[11:18] Nebadon Izumi: just this big spew of nonsense now
[11:18] dan banner: ya its like same stuff twice
[11:18] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[11:18] Nebadon Izumi: doesnt seem at all useful
[11:19] Justin Clark-Casey: yes, please mentioned that to robert, he changed the output effectively
[11:19] Nebadon Izumi: ok
[11:19] Justin Clark-Casey: really, the stuff coming out on the console should be as summarized as possible
[11:19] Nebadon Izumi: well its not bad if its just 1 region
[11:19] UUID Speaker: Draxy Dragon: e2498462-8940-4244-8786-70c3b54e61bf
[11:19] Nebadon Izumi: but when you have 9 regions in a simulator
[11:19] Nebadon Izumi: its literally like 6 pages
[11:20] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: ok, I'm really quite surprised this is working wihtout a service update since there have been changes in that area of code. But the evidence here is that things are attached just fine
[11:20] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[11:20] Nebadon Izumi: well I will update it anyway
[11:20] Nebadon Izumi: it can't hurt
[11:20] Justin Clark-Casey: I would like to know where this is the issue that crhis is seeing though
[11:20] Justin Clark-Casey: maybe you could teleport to an older simulator and back? As you did previously?
[11:20] Nebadon Izumi: not sure if I know what issues you mean
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: sure
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: hmm
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: trying to think whats not updated
[11:21] Justin Clark-Casey: did you see his/her post on the opensim-users list?
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: did cuteulala park get updated dan?
[11:21] dan banner: cemetery is on mar 3
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: ok cool
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: I did not yet Justin
[11:21] Justin Clark-Casey: Although I'm wondering if all her issues are new ones
[11:21] dan banner: ya cutes park is updated
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: ok, let me jump to cemetery and back
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: brb
[11:23] Nebadon Izumi: seems ok
[11:23] Justin Clark-Casey: hmm
[11:23] Justin Clark-Casey: alright, could I ask one last test?
[11:23] Nebadon Izumi: sure
[11:23] Justin Clark-Casey: could you go to that older simulator, log out, and then log back in? (doesn't need to be back to there)
[11:23] Justin Clark-Casey: hang on
[11:23] Nebadon Izumi: sure
[11:23] Fred.Appleby I cannot see any attachments on neb
[11:23] dan banner: i see them
[11:24] Teravus Ousley: I see a buncha cubes
[11:24] Fred.Appleby I am hg, may be the difference
[11:24] Vivian Klees: he's misssing the cubes he had on
[11:24] Andrew Hellershanks: I did see the cubes but not now
[11:24] Justin Clark-Casey: hg shouldn't really make a difference
[11:24] Nebadon Izumi: hmm interesting
[11:24] Tiffany Magic: I see the cubes
[11:24] dan banner: i see the cube
[11:24] Nebadon Izumi: wierd some people can see and others can not
[11:24] dan banner: s
[11:24] Vivian Klees: now they show
[11:24] dan banner: lemme log an alt in
[11:24] Teravus Ousley: I've got cubtacular vision
[11:24] dan banner: hold on neb
[11:24] Nebadon Izumi: ok
[11:24] Nebadon Izumi: ya ive not done anything
[11:24] Justin Clark-Casey: what viewers are people using who can't see the multiple cubes?
[11:25] Nebadon Izumi: maybe just need to move your camera
[11:25] Nebadon Izumi: to force update
[11:25] Andrew Hellershanks: ah. If I select Nebadon, there is an invisible cube on his arm
[11:25] Tiffany Magic: Singularity here,.
[11:25] Andrew Hellershanks: same here
[11:25] Vivian Klees: that's what I did was reset camera
[11:25] Nebadon Izumi: so 1.5 viewer
[11:25] Vivian Klees: zoomed out then back in
[11:25] Secret Alt: i see 5 cubes
[11:26] Justin Clark-Casey: how many lights do you see???
[11:26] Justin Clark-Casey: uh anyway
[11:26] Andrew Hellershanks: I can't see cubes on Singularity 1.7.2 built from source
[11:26] Fred.Appleby cubes appeared when zoomed
[11:26] Simulator Version v0.5 shouts: OpenSim 0.7.6 Dev          397379c: 2013-03-19 00:39:58 +0000 (Unix/Mono)
[11:26] Justin Clark-Casey: I've actually seen stuff like that on SL 3.3.4 before this
[11:26] Andrew Hellershanks: Singularity Viewer 1.7.2 (3526)
[11:26] Fred.Appleby that is the viewer I am using
[11:26] Andrew Hellershanks: (maybe it wasn't built from source on this machine)
[11:26] Justin Clark-Casey: If I have attachments on they will often not appear until I alt-zoom in on my vaar
[11:26] Justin Clark-Casey: avatar
[11:26] Fred.Appleby SL V3
[11:26] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[11:26] Nebadon Izumi: thats pretty typical and not new
[11:27] Nebadon Izumi: the having to cam to see attachments thing
[11:27] Justin Clark-Casey: I wonder if it could be worse with multiple attachments
[11:27] Andrew Hellershanks: Ah. I zoomed and now they have shown up again
[11:27] Nebadon Izumi: might be
[11:27] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: that is also a bug though
[11:27] dan banner: sometimes i have to right click things to see them
[11:27] Justin Clark-Casey: ugh
[11:27] Nebadon Izumi: lost packets
[11:27] Nebadon Izumi: or something
[11:27] Justin Clark-Casey: no, it's too consistent for that
[11:27] Justin Clark-Casey: my guess is something to do with the ordering of the updates we are sending out
[11:27] Justin Clark-Casey: though I don't know what
[11:28] Justin Clark-Casey: ahh
[11:28] Andrew Hellershanks: send attachment updates after other avatar updates??
[11:28] Nebadon Izumi: ok
[11:28] Nebadon Izumi: so let me do this one last test
[11:28] Nebadon Izumi: brb
[11:28] Justin Clark-Casey: I'm really quite surprised this is working without a service update
[11:28] Arielle.Popstar <<singularity (3868) sees cubesz
[11:29] dan banner: i think its likely some viewer bugs in the mix
[11:29] Nebadon Izumi is offline.
[11:29] Justin Clark-Casey: I dunno - do we know if this is something people see on the ll grid as well?
[11:29] Nebadon Izumi is online.
[11:29] Justin Clark-Casey: personally, I would guess not
[11:30] Teravus Ousley phoenucks fireswarm 4.2.2 (29837) an Isee-em
[11:30] Nebadon Izumi: no problem it seems
[11:30] Nebadon Izumi: i teleported to old sim, logged out
[11:30] dan banner: i dont see cubes
[11:30] Nebadon Izumi: logged back into old sim
[11:30] Fred.Appleby Can see 3 cubes
[11:30] Andrew Hellershanks: oh, the cubes are gone again
[11:30] Arielle.Popstar i see 2 cubes
[11:30] Nebadon Izumi: then teleported back here
[11:30] Nebadon Izumi: give it a second
[11:30] Justin Clark-Casey: I only saw 3 until I zoomed in
[11:30] Teravus Ousley: all 5 for me
[11:30] Justin Clark-Casey: I did zoom in very quickly though
[11:30] Andrew Hellershanks: zoomed in and out and they show up again
[11:30] Arielle.Popstar all 5 now i cammed in
[11:30] Justin Clark-Casey: huh
[11:30] Fred.Appleby ok after zoom again, can see 5
[11:30] Nebadon Izumi: drive by
[11:30] Secret Alt: i see all 5 here
[11:30] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[11:31] dan banner: i had to right click to see them
[11:31] dan banner: but ya they are all there
[11:31] Nebadon Izumi: i suspect eventually you would have seen them regardless
[11:31] dan banner: probably
[11:31] Justin Clark-Casey: so, it looks like multi-attachments for some reason may suffer more from that pre-existing issues
[11:31] Justin Clark-Casey: issue
[11:31] Justin Clark-Casey: maybe
[11:31] Nebadon Izumi: it seems likely it would make things worse, not better
[11:31] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[11:32] Justin Clark-Casey: maybe it's just more noticeable right now in these more controlled tests
[11:32] Justin Clark-Casey: still really surprised that this works without the service update but I guess it does...
[11:32] Nebadon Izumi: its most noticable with Mesh prims
[11:32] Dahlia Trimble is online.
[11:32] Arielle.Popstar i have been seeing multi attachments on one point already in some viewers
[11:32] Nebadon Izumi: a lot of the time i teleport in wearing buck bunny avatar
[11:32] Nebadon Izumi: and 1/2 the people cant see me
[11:32] Nebadon Izumi: until i detach and reattach
[11:32] Justin Clark-Casey: ok
[11:32] Nebadon Izumi: same thing happens with NPCs too
[11:33] Justin Clark-Casey: NPC attachments?
[11:33] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[11:33] Nebadon Izumi: with a mesh attachment
[11:33] Nebadon Izumi: if i rez like 10 npcs wearing mesh avatra
[11:33] Nebadon Izumi: 50% of them will be invisible
[11:33] Nebadon Izumi: really no way around it at the moment
[11:34] Nebadon Izumi: no hacky work around or anything
[11:34] Justin Clark-Casey: I'l have to take a look again when I get time
[11:35] Justin Clark-Casey: thuogh when I previously looked the problkem wasn't obvious - if I recall we were sneding out attachment object updats after the avatar update, which is the order I would expect to be valid
[11:35] Justin Clark-Casey: but it does sounds like some kind of timing issue
[11:35] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[11:35] Dahlia Trimble is offline.
[11:35] Dahlia Trimble is online.
[11:35] Andrew Hellershanks: Those are always a pain to deal with
[11:35] Nebadon Izumi: too many simultaneous updates
[11:36] Nebadon Izumi: most of the time i see it, its at Lbsa Plaza
[11:36] Nebadon Izumi: the more avatars the more likely it happens it seems
[11:36] Nebadon Izumi: no doubt the more attachments the more likely too
[11:37] Justin Clark-Casey: well anyway. It seems multi-attachment is quite a desired thing
[11:37] Nebadon Izumi: ya I am sure
[11:37] Dahlia Trimble: hi
[11:37] Arielle.Popstar it is :)
[11:37] dan banner: for RP its quite desired
[11:38] Nebadon Izumi: ya you could add attachments to your weapons and stuff
[11:38] Justin Clark-Casey: though now it's probably going to make the attachment not showing up until zoomed issue more prominent
[11:38] Nebadon Izumi: add a scope, or grenade launcher to rifle
[11:38] Justin Clark-Casey: so that will have to get fixed
[11:38] dan banner: 5 guns in one hand and stuff lol
[11:38] Justin Clark-Casey nods
[11:39] Justin Clark-Casey: I wonder why Chris is having to many issues with the update, though
[11:39] Justin Clark-Casey: so many, not to many
[11:39] Nebadon Izumi: ya hard to say, there are so many variables
[11:39] Nebadon Izumi: version of mono, linux, windows etc..
[11:39] Justin Clark-Casey: yeah, with things like scripted attachments, for instance
[11:39] Justin Clark-Casey: I imagine all your boxes are unscripted
[11:39] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[11:39] Fred.Appleby wonder if it is distance from the character wearing the additional attachement, I seem to have to zoom quite close
[11:39] dan banner: ya script the boxes lol
[11:40] Justin Clark-Casey: Fred: My feeling is that zoom itself triggers the update
[11:40] Fred.Appleby k
[11:40] Nebadon Izumi: ya any camera movement
[11:40] Justin Clark-Casey: not sure if it depends on distance. Would be interesting to try zooming out instead of in
[11:40] Justin Clark-Casey: or just panning
[11:40] Andrew Hellershanks: I think the first time I zoomed out first
[11:40] Justin Clark-Casey: this implies the viewer knows the object is there but for some reason has just not cdrawn it
[11:40] dan banner: i dont know if it matters, but i do not ever have avatar imposters enabled
[11:41] Justin Clark-Casey: nor do I
[11:42] Nebadon Izumi: ya those get weird for sure
[11:42] dan banner: yup
[11:42] Nebadon Izumi: id rather be a little laggy than see cardboard cutouts that rotate incorrectly
[11:42] dan banner: heh
[11:42] Justin Clark-Casey: laggy?
[11:43] Nebadon Izumi: its supposed to reduce lag
[11:43] Nebadon Izumi: if there is a ton of avatars
[11:43] dan banner: avatar imposters are supposed to help reduce lag
[11:43] Justin Clark-Casey: oh right
[11:43] Fred.Appleby on a different note, I see your working on the asset deduping Justin?
[11:43] Nebadon Izumi: its litearlly like a cardboard cut out of your avatar
[11:43] dan banner: by displaying a picture of an avatar
[11:43] Nebadon Izumi: that kind of rotates like a particle
[11:43] Justin Clark-Casey: I guess because the viewer doesn't need to draw them?
[11:43] Nebadon Izumi: right
[11:43] Nebadon Izumi: its a bitmap
[11:43] Justin Clark-Casey: Fred: yes, finally got some time to do that again
[11:43] Justin Clark-Casey: Fred: seems to work fine but there are a few more things I need to do
[11:43] Nebadon Izumi: a bitmap the viewer generates though
[11:43] Dahlia Trimble: I thought they were supposed to improve frame rate
[11:43] Nebadon Izumi: nothing it downloads
[11:44] Nebadon Izumi: ya, but all it really succeeds in doing is make things look bad
[11:44] Nebadon Izumi: from a certain distance they rotate incorrectly
[11:44] dan banner: makes avatars in the distance flash in and out
[11:44] Fred.Appleby justin shout when you need testing
[11:44] Fred.Appleby or tweet
[11:45] Justin Clark-Casey: Fred: Thanks.
[11:46] Fred.Appleby Last night on IRC the cross region boarder discuused?
[11:46] Nebadon Izumi: yes
[11:46] Fred.Appleby cross region boarder chat, that is
[11:46] Nebadon Izumi: apparantly its a pretty easy fix according to melanie
[11:47] Justin Clark-Casey: At the moment, the deduping asset service can use the older asset service as a backend and slowly migrate assets as they are requested
[11:47] Nebadon Izumi: 2 lines of code she said
[11:47] Justin Clark-Casey: I might still need to implement something to do a final update, though it's not crucial
[11:47] Fred.Appleby thanks Justin
[11:47] Justin Clark-Casey: the older data could remain in place indefinitely
[11:47] Nebadon Izumi: i assume you mean chatting accross border?
[11:47] Nebadon Izumi: or something else?
[11:47] Fred.Appleby yes Neb
[11:47] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: yes, and I think I know which two lines they are, though I would like just to make sure that works first before doing the test blindly
[11:49] Fred.Appleby If it IS just 2 lines, then ould it not be introduced into core for 48 hours, see how it fairs?
[11:49] Nebadon Izumi: it would probably be better tested outside of core first
[11:49] Justin Clark-Casey: it's not much harder just to actually check it works
[11:50] Justin Clark-Casey: All I plan to do it make the change locally, then test with two avatars to see that somebody in a neighbour can hear when they are within range but not if they are not (i.e. they are at the other end of the region)
[11:50] Fred.Appleby If we know the 2 lines, then people couuld adjust locally
[11:50] Justin Clark-Casey: if that works then I will just push it to co re
[11:50] Justin Clark-Casey: this isn't a big thing
[11:50] Nebadon Izumi: I am however glad I asked melanie, because we all seemed to think at last weeks meeting it would have been more difficult
[11:50] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[11:50] Justin Clark-Casey: yes, I assumed before that more work would be involved
[11:51] Justin Clark-Casey: man, who keeps playing that noise? :)
[11:51] Nebadon Izumi: noise?
[11:51] Nebadon Izumi: my sound was down
[11:51] Justin Clark-Casey: that one
[11:51] Dahlia Trimble: souds like a horn
[11:51] Justin Clark-Casey: ha
[11:51] Now playing: muttonheads - supergirl
[11:51] Vivian Klees: Teravus
[11:51] Arielle.Popstar somebody tooting? :)
[11:51] Justin Clark-Casey: I guess you can't hear it so much if the music is on
[11:52] Justin Clark-Casey: I'm guessing a sample from some cartoon about a character going on about 'space' :)
[11:52] Justin Clark-Casey: anyway
[11:52] Teravus Ousley: hmm.. that's supposed to be a preview
[11:52] Teravus Ousley: not played in world :)
[11:52] Justin Clark-Casey: ha ha
[11:52] Justin Clark-Casey: :)
[11:52] Arielle.Popstar i see you doing somersaults
[11:52] Teravus Ousley: it's a corrupted core from Portal 2
[11:52] Justin Clark-Casey: ah
[11:53] Justin Clark-Casey: looks like we have a sound bug then
[11:53] Justin Clark-Casey: I'm surprised a local sound requests makes its way to the server though
[11:53] Vivian Klees: animation was triggered as well
[11:53] Teravus Ousley:
[11:53] Fred.Appleby I seem not to be able to control the volume of the background 'music',
[11:53] Justin Clark-Casey wans't looking
[11:54] Sarah Kline: i try local scream
[11:54] Justin Clark-Casey hears nothing
[11:54] Sarah Kline: ah nothing
[11:54] Sarah Kline: that other bug about sounds not playing
[11:54] Justin Clark-Casey: other bug?
[11:55] Sarah Kline: Dan mentioned it a while back
[11:55] Sarah Kline: or was it to do with gesture sounds
[11:55] Teravus Ousley: This had to do with gesture sounds
[11:55] Sarah Kline: kk
[11:55] Justin Clark-Casey: that sounds we heard is linked to a gesture?
[11:56] Teravus Ousley: Yes, I was making a gesture and clicked the preview button :)
[11:56] Justin Clark-Casey: is that the same as animation preview?
[11:56] Sarah Kline: oh i think previews do work inworld
[11:57] Fred.Appleby I can disable media, but not control volume
[11:57] Sarah Kline: thats normal behaviour
[11:57] Sarah Kline: for gestures
[11:57] Teravus Ousley: If that's normal, sorry for the goal trail
[11:57] Justin Clark-Casey: Fred: I see firestorm has independent sound setting for media
[11:57] Justin Clark-Casey: I would be surprised if preview is supposed to play sound in-world
[11:57] Justin Clark-Casey: would seem to go against the whole poitn
[11:57] Sarah Kline: preview previews the gesture
[11:58] Sarah Kline: because you build it up
[11:58] Sarah Kline: with many laters
[11:58] Sarah Kline: it says preview
[11:58] Arielle.Popstar i am playing a jump animation locally
[11:58] Sarah Kline: unlike the sound dialogue box which says play locally
[11:59] Tiffany Magic: Opening a gesture and hitting "preview" always plays it in world. Even in SL.
[11:59] Justin Clark-Casey: oh ok, so it could be a preview in world
[11:59] Justin Clark-Casey: right
[11:59] Arielle.Popstar a viewer bug then?
[11:59] Tiffany Magic: May I ask.... is any work being done on sim crossing?
[12:00] Justin Clark-Casey: from what people are saying sounds like intentional behaviour
[12:00] Justin Clark-Casey: tiffany: not at the moment, though robert adams has mentioned it and it may be something I review soon
[12:00] Justin Clark-Casey: though probably not for a little bit
[12:01] Tiffany Magic: Justin... Good. It is needed desperately. That and riding vehicles across simlines.
[12:01] Justin Clark-Casey: from my last experience, region crossing works but can be pretty laggy
[12:01] Arielle.Popstar or some love to megas.....:)
[12:01] Justin Clark-Casey: I think robert is most concerned potentially with vehicle crossing
[12:02] Justin Clark-Casey: I must admit I would like to look at megas but there are only so many hours available to me :)
[12:02] Justin Clark-Casey: at the very least I would like to knwo why crashes are happening on teleports to the non root region - I'm sure that didn't happen before
[12:02] Arielle.Popstar oh?
[12:03] Arielle.Popstar havent seen that
[12:03] Arielle.Popstar is that on recent versions?
[12:03] Justin Clark-Casey: I just heard it quite a few times. Haven't tested it myuself so maybe it only happens under some circumstances
[12:03] Justin Clark-Casey: I remember hearing about it quite recently and for quite a while
[12:04] Tiffany Magic: Well, it's not just a mega problem. We crash on TP more than half the time, and we have no megas.
[12:04] Justin Clark-Casey: If I remember you were still using 0.7.3
[12:04] Arielle.Popstar oh wait teleporting from anoither seperate region
[12:05] Tiffany Magic: We are trying to upgrade to 7.5 as soon as Andrew sorts out the changes in the ini files.
[12:05] Dahlia Trimble: is it just my viewer, or do a lot of people's heads look too wide today?
[12:05] Arielle.Popstar yes, that happens for quite a while now
[12:05] Justin Clark-Casey: arielle: did it happen before?
[12:05] Nebadon Izumi: lol send a pick dahlia
[12:05] Justin Clark-Casey: heads.... look normal to me :)
[12:05] Nebadon Izumi: everyone looks ok to me
[12:05] dan banner: me too
[12:06] Tiffany Magic: me too
[12:06] Arielle.Popstar at least for a year and a half i think cause i rememvber helping ubit test some potential fixes
[12:07] Justin Clark-Casey: that's a long time. But if it was okay before then it should be fixable in opensim as it's more likely not a viewer issue of some kind
[12:08] Teravus Ousley: What I can tell you from previous experience.. is if you teleport into a non-root region, the nonroot region uses a god teleport to stick you in the root region.
[12:08] Teravus Ousley: the timing of it is kind of tricky
[12:08] Arielle.Popstar there is some weird behavious as it does seem possible to hjg into a non root region
[12:08] Justin Clark-Casey: ok
[12:08] Arielle.Popstar HG^
[12:08] Nebadon Izumi: ya it double teleports you
[12:08] Nebadon Izumi: which i imagine to some people is confusing
[12:08] Justin Clark-Casey: I think that's a limitation of the protocol though
[12:09] Justin Clark-Casey: I imagine would need viewer changes to avoid the need for that
[12:09] Cuteulala Artis is online.
[12:09] Justin Clark-Casey: alright, I need to go and do some stuff. Thanks for the meeting, folks.
[12:09] Sarah Kline: byes
[12:10] Andrew Hellershanks: I like the TP issue where you arrive at your destination, begin to see the stuff at that location then get logged off due to TP failure.
[12:10] Arielle.Popstar also sen it is possible to log in to last loaction which was a non root but cannot specify the region on login
[12:10] dan banner: thats always fun
[12:10] Justin Clark-Casey: andrew: that's probably because the destination region hasn't nofied the source region of success in time, or somehow the message got blocked
[12:10] Andrew Hellershanks: Doesn't happen enough to be able to reproduce it or debug it.
[12:11] Tiffany Magic: The crash on TP is really a serious problem. A basic function not working properly. IMO
[12:11] Justin Clark-Casey: alright, I need to go and do some stuff. Thanks for the meeting, folks.
[12:11] Justin Clark-Casey: oops
[12:11] dan banner: later justin
[12:11] Dahlia Trimble: bye jcc
[12:11] Sarah Kline: bye all
[12:11] Justin Clark-Casey waves
[12:11] Arielle.Popstar Tc JC
[12:11] Andrew Hellershanks: I'm going to head out. I need to finish off the scripts I'm working on so I can get on to to looking at 0.7.5PF
Personal tools
About This Wiki