Chat log from the meeting on 2012-02-14

From OpenSimulator

Jump to: navigation, search
[11:07] Nebadon Izumi: i need to push out a new release here soon
[11:07] Nebadon Izumi: we were trying to track a bug we have been seeing on some of the plazas
[11:07] Richardus Raymaker: i hear the 02-03 can be bad. sofar it looks ok
[11:07] Richardus Raymaker: the lag bug ?
[11:07] Nebadon Izumi: i was hoping this morning we would have had more luck finding it
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: well there have been some times a few of the plazas became unresponisve
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: and some of the show commands on console would create error
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: have to restart sim
[11:08] Richardus Raymaker: yes i know that one. you cant TP into it
[11:08] Sarah Kline: I had troubles making new regions ...i look forward to next version
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[11:08] Justin Clark-Casey: those are going to be secondary failures
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: this region is running master git now though
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: i upgraded it last night
[11:08] Simulator Version v0.5 shouts: OpenSim 0.7.3 Dev          a9e8bd5: 2012-02-13 19:38:22 -0800 (Unix/Mono)
[11:09] Hiro Protagonist: 'sup Walt :)
[11:09] Aramis Soren: which mono?
[11:09] Richardus Raymaker: hi justin
[11:09] Walter Balazic: sup Hiro
[11:09] Sarah Kline: Justin when i get same version as you used I'll check that Mantis thing
[11:09] Walter Balazic: how's it going everyone
[11:09] Richardus Raymaker: i run 2.10.8
[11:09] Nebadon Izumi: its mono 2.10.6 here
[11:09] Nebadon Izumi: all the osgrid servers are 2.10.6
[11:09] Aramis Soren: ok so same range we've been used to i plan on reinstalling tonite since hack
[11:10] Aramis Soren: i was 2.6.7 but will up to 2.10.6 or 8 now
[11:10] Nebadon Izumi: my home server is 2.10.8
[11:10] Nebadon Izumi: runs fine
[11:10] Richardus Raymaker: Firessh is btw usefull plugin. its better then putty for me. and faster then starting linux VM
[11:10] Aramis Soren: ok ool
[11:10] Nebadon Izumi: i just havent had time or much desire to upgrade osgrid boxes
[11:10] Aramis Soren: cool
[11:10] Richardus Raymaker: 2.10.8 runs fine for me to
[11:10] Nebadon Izumi: not much difference between .6 and .8
[11:11] Aramis Soren: yes nice splash pages tho lol we know you're busy :)
[11:11] Richardus Raymaker: hi spike
[11:11] Justin Clark-Casey: hi ricrhadus,. folks
[11:11] Justin Clark-Casey: sarah: yes, I couldnt' reproduce that problem
[11:11] Spike Miles: hiya all :)
[11:11] Sarah Kline: thats good then ^^
[11:12] Justin Clark-Casey: it's possible some of melanie's changes may have changed the behaviour
[11:12] Simulator Version v0.5 shouts: OpenSim 0.7.3 Dev          a9e8bd5: 2012-02-13 19:38:22 -0800 (Unix/Mono)
[11:12] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: so you havne't seen the same failure again yet?
[11:12] Nebadon Izumi: not yet
[11:12] Sarah Kline: yup
[11:12] Aramis Soren: it will bubble to the top i bet
[11:12] Nebadon Izumi: though, it seems the serialization errors are quiet again now
[11:12] Nebadon Izumi: last night before i upgraded this region
[11:12] Justin Clark-Casey: this is running on lbsa?
[11:12] Justin Clark-Casey: or just wright?
[11:12] Nebadon Izumi: there must have been 5000 serialization errors
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: just wright
[11:13] Justin Clark-Casey: let me know - I have a chance to look at any issues again tomorro wthough today my time is tied up elsewhere
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: and its odd
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: the ones that happen here
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: no one is here
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: yet every so often like 100's of them all spew at once
[11:14] Nebadon Izumi: like its on some kind of timer
[11:14] Nebadon Izumi: very strange
[11:14] Richardus Raymaker: querry ?
[11:14] Nebadon Izumi: but it doesnt seem to sync up with any event i can track
[11:14] Nebadon Izumi: not sure Richardus
[11:15] Nebadon Izumi: its probably been happening for a long time
[11:15] Richardus Raymaker: lol claudia
[11:15] Nebadon Izumi: not to long ago justin made a change that made serialization errors print out as errors and not debug
[11:15] Nebadon Izumi: and thats why we were seeing them now
[11:15] Nebadon Izumi: yesterday he undid that
[11:15] Justin Clark-Casey: the sheer amnount of logging might possibly cause a problem
[11:16] Justin Clark-Casey: but yeah, I would have thought the underlying cause has been around for a long time
[11:16] Claudia Sanz: whats so funny Richardus?
[11:16] Richardus Raymaker: the valatine balloons
[11:16] Justin Clark-Casey: ultimately, it may be better to not log at all but I'm not quite ready to make that step yet
[11:16] Justin Clark-Casey: since it would hide other problems
[11:16] Nebadon Izumi: ya, it certainly highlights a potential problem, how bad i dunno
[11:16] Nebadon Izumi: but knowing the simulators are dealing with that much bad data
[11:16] Nebadon Izumi: can't be good
[11:16] Justin Clark-Casey: simulators always have to be prepared to deal with bad data
[11:17] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[11:17] Richardus Raymaker: especially on lower powered systems
[11:17] Justin Clark-Casey: since data could come in from any source, particular in this system
[11:17] Richardus Raymaker: not sure if the serial error costs bandwidth to
[11:17] Nebadon Izumi: ya and unfortuanately looking at serialized data and seeing a problem
[11:17] Nebadon Izumi: is very difficult
[11:17] Nebadon Izumi: its like trying to find a pin in a box of pins
[11:18] Richardus Raymaker: thats hidden in a pile of staws
[11:18] Richardus Raymaker: straws
[11:18] Justin Clark-Casey: well, all the problems suggest suff encoded with other locales
[11:18] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[11:18] Justin Clark-Casey: the things it's complaining about are floats, so probably comma has been used instead of a decimal poitn
[11:18] Nebadon Izumi: or its just really old data
[11:18] Justin Clark-Casey: that's what I would think
[11:18] Nebadon Izumi: that perhaps didnt get handled when diva refactored serialization
[11:18] Justin Clark-Casey: the changes I made would have no affect upon locales
[11:18] Nebadon Izumi: i just find it hard to beleive
[11:19] Nebadon Izumi: that there is that much bad content from locales
[11:19] Justin Clark-Casey: I don't :)
[11:19] Nebadon Izumi: it almost seemed to happen every time someone logged in to
[11:19] Justin Clark-Casey: people out there are still running for instance
[11:19] Aramis Soren: any certain _types_ of scripts involved, or just random usual?
[11:19] Justin Clark-Casey: yes, attachment data possibly
[11:19] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[11:19] Richardus Raymaker: you talk about comma vs dot in numbers ?
[11:19] Nebadon Izumi: probably hair or skirts
[11:19] Nebadon Izumi: it tends to only be flexi or lights
[11:19] Justin Clark-Casey: you would get a log message for every bad value on every prim
[11:19] Richardus Raymaker: i know there is/where some hair around that gave errors in the past
[11:20] Nebadon Izumi: what would be nice Justin
[11:20] Nebadon Izumi: is if those errors could print the uuid of the item
[11:20] Nebadon Izumi: so i could hunt one down
[11:20] Justin Clark-Casey: yes, that would be nice
[11:20] Basil Sosides: hello...good evening/morning
[11:20] Aramis Soren: hi Basil
[11:20] Nebadon Izumi: right now i don't even know what does it
[11:20] Richardus Raymaker: hello basil
[11:20] Justin Clark-Casey: hi basil
[11:20] Nebadon Izumi: all i know is there are 100's if not 1000's of them here at Wright Plaza
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: were probably distributing this broken content on massive scale
[11:21] Richardus Raymaker: hard to fix that
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: maybe, maybe not
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: if its just a matter of us not handling a certain serialization schema
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: that might not be hard to fix
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: if it truly is a locale issue
[11:22] Nebadon Izumi: i dunno thats probably more difficult
[11:22] Justin Clark-Casey: I think this is all old data or stuff coming from older versions of opensim
[11:22] Nebadon Izumi: probably
[11:22] Nebadon Izumi: some of the prims in this sim are as old as OpenSImulator almost
[11:22] Nebadon Izumi: like this building
[11:22] Nebadon Izumi: some of these prims in this building are here from the day I started building this sim
[11:22] Richardus Raymaker: my box with house is also from stoneage here
[11:23] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: the errors do include scence objt names and uuids
[11:23] Nebadon Izumi: nothing
[11:23] Justin Clark-Casey: although part names rather than root part names
[11:23] Sarah Kline: has anybody got the first prim?
[11:23] Nebadon Izumi: all the errors i saw displaying nothing about the content
[11:23] Justin Clark-Casey: I did accidentally remove that message
[11:23] Justin Clark-Casey: which is back in git master
[11:23] Nebadon Izumi: oh ok
[11:23] Justin Clark-Casey: for shape deser failures anyway
[11:23] Nebadon Izumi: so if i run in ALL logging
[11:23] Nebadon Izumi: i will see them?
[11:24] Justin Clark-Casey: yes. And it wouldnt' surprise me if the sheer bvolume of messages overwhelms the plazas again
[11:24] Nebadon Izumi: ok
[11:24] Nebadon Izumi: well here at WP it didnt seem to really cause much of a problem
[11:24] Nebadon Izumi: accept 50 pages of spew
[11:24] Nebadon Izumi: i'll flip that over after meeting
[11:24] Richardus Raymaker: as long it add some extra info from the objects to it you only need to run it short
[11:24] Justin Clark-Casey: so it was crashing just on lbsa?
[11:24] Aramis Soren: can you disable some other unneeded logging meanwhile?
[11:25] Nebadon Izumi: well it did go unresponive here once or twice
[11:25] Nebadon Izumi: and also at Zaius Plaza
[11:25] Nebadon Izumi: but yea Lbsa got it the worst
[11:25] Nebadon Izumi: not surprising
[11:25] Nebadon Izumi: and Wright Plaza was the only one doing it when no one was present
[11:25] Nebadon Izumi: which makes it easier to catch
[11:25] Richardus Raymaker: sounds like nebadon need a debug system where you can ebale only some messgaes :)
[11:25] Dahlia Trimble: hi :)
[11:25] Nebadon Izumi: its usually just a matter of waiting an hour
[11:25] Nebadon Izumi: and i'll see it
[11:25] Aramis Soren: you ued to have a lone of WP still around?
[11:26] Nebadon Izumi: hello Dahlia
[11:26] Aramis Soren: clone
[11:26] Nebadon Izumi: nothing i can just fire right up Aramis
[11:26] Richardus Raymaker: hi dahlia
[11:26] Nebadon Izumi: but its easy to create a clone
[11:26] Justin Clark-Casey: you can selectively enable messages from certain classes using the existing log4net config
[11:26] Dahlia Trimble: ooou balloons :)
[11:26] Justin Clark-Casey: facilities
[11:26] Nebadon Izumi: well in this case
[11:26] Aramis Soren: yeah just trying to think what might help you pin it down
[11:26] Nebadon Izumi: its hard to miss 100's of them
[11:26] Nebadon Izumi: i shouldnt have any problem seeing it here
[11:29] Dahlia Trimble: OMG a cricket
[11:29] Aramis Soren: *chirp*
[11:29] Nebadon Izumi: heh
[11:29] Justin Clark-Casey: any other opensim issues today?
[11:30] Richardus Raymaker: hmm still try to figure out why i lose so many times script changes.
[11:30] Richardus Raymaker: it seems to fail with save..
[11:30] Aramis Soren: looks like the state of the Union/Grid is pretty solid
[11:30] Nebadon Izumi: I have still not experienced that Richardus
[11:30] Nebadon Izumi: and Ive been tearing up Universal Campus
[11:31] Richardus Raymaker: maby im just to fast sometimes :O
[11:31] Dahlia Trimble: tearing up/
[11:31] Dahlia Trimble: ?
[11:31] Nebadon Izumi: ya thats possible
[11:31] Nebadon Izumi: ive been redoing alot of stuff Dahlia
[11:31] Nebadon Izumi: adding new things
[11:31] Nebadon Izumi: i just posted a new version infact
[11:31] Nebadon Izumi: couple days ago
[11:31] Nebadon Izumi:
[11:31] Dahlia Trimble: more? lol it was over 40000 prims bef
[11:31] Richardus Raymaker: how long is your campus up normal nebadon ?
[11:31] Dahlia Trimble: before
[11:31] Nebadon Izumi: ya its still around 40000
[11:31] Nebadon Izumi: but i added a avatar mall
[11:32] Nebadon Izumi: and a bunch of avatars to the landing zone for quick start
[11:32] Dahlia Trimble: oh I need to go look
[11:32] Nebadon Izumi: ya i also added the avatars at Lbsa Plaza
[11:32] Claudia Sanz: its quite amazing. Thanks Nebadon
[11:32] Nebadon Izumi: so people now have 18 avatars to choose from at Lbsa Plaza
[11:32] Nebadon Izumi: sorry 14
[11:32] Sarah Kline: )
[11:33] Richardus Raymaker: campus run dedicated nebadon ?
[11:33] Nebadon Izumi: it runs on my home server
[11:33] Nebadon Izumi: with about 40 other regions
[11:33] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[11:33] Richardus Raymaker: hmm. ok.. then thats the same
[11:33] Dahlia Trimble: lol
[11:33] Richardus Raymaker: besides i only have 17
[11:33] Nebadon Izumi: on that server i have a full on grid
[11:33] Nebadon Izumi: that has 16 region mega sandbox
[11:34] Nebadon Izumi: i have OKC Sandbox and OKC Sandbox2
[11:34] Nebadon Izumi: (OKC) Theatre
[11:34] Dahlia Trimble: I have about 24 regions on a small atom computer lol
[11:34] Nebadon Izumi: and a handful of others i use for testing
[11:34] Richardus Raymaker: just waiting for a new version. then i upgrade my sandbox to. stil now on older version
[11:34] Nebadon Izumi: it has 2 16 region megas
[11:34] Nebadon Izumi: a 4 region mega
[11:36] Aramis Soren: need to try megas, diva... no time :(
[11:36] Nebadon Izumi: they can be handy
[11:36] Nebadon Izumi: not for everyone, but i really like using megas
[11:36] Richardus Raymaker: i have a mega. need to kick it on in a few days to check it
[11:37] Richardus Raymaker: but, mega's are missing functions that are usefull. or work bad now
[11:37] Dahlia Trimble: such as?
[11:37] Hiro Protagonist: llGround
[11:37] Nebadon Izumi: parceling sucks
[11:37] Nebadon Izumi: ya ground events
[11:37] Nebadon Izumi: don't work
[11:38] Richardus Raymaker: Linden tree's parceling/media , sometimes terrain edit seems slow outside the root.
[11:38] Nebadon Izumi: trees work
[11:38] Nebadon Izumi: grass doesnt
[11:38] Nebadon Izumi: grass doesnt work beyond 256m
[11:38] Richardus Raymaker: correct nebadon, your right. grass dont wortk. and thats a shame
[11:38] Dahlia Trimble: really? trees dont? they're just prims
[11:38] Nebadon Izumi: because its reliant on contouring the ground
[11:38] Nebadon Izumi: trees work fine
[11:38] Hiro Protagonist: trees DO
[11:38] Hiro Protagonist: grass DONT
[11:38] Dahlia Trimble: oh
[11:38] Richardus Raymaker: tree's work fine
[11:39] Nebadon Izumi: grass is reliant on terrain contours
[11:39] Nebadon Izumi: so it makes its calculation on the SW sim
[11:39] Nebadon Izumi: so your grass will end up in the air or under ground
[11:39] Nebadon Izumi: or you just cant find it at all
[11:39] Dahlia Trimble: hmmm I never use grass lol
[11:39] Richardus Raymaker: but also media outside root sim cannot be set
[11:39] Nebadon Izumi: it can
[11:39] Hiro Protagonist: yeah it can
[11:39] Nebadon Izumi: but it has to be done via scripts
[11:40] Richardus Raymaker: aha
[11:40] Hiro Protagonist: actually you just have to turn disable the setting for limiting media to a parcel
[11:40] Nebadon Izumi: my scripts in the movie theatre work well
[11:40] Nebadon Izumi: for doing video in megas
[11:40] Hiro Protagonist: then it pretty much works from anywhere as it would on an unparcelled script
[11:40] Richardus Raymaker: intressting to know
[11:41] Nebadon Izumi: I just wish we could set the audio stream to play directly to an individual
[11:41] Nebadon Izumi: the same that video can be
[11:41] Nebadon Izumi: that would solve a lot of issues
[11:42] Richardus Raymaker: is there any sign of better verhicles comeing ?
[11:42] Richardus Raymaker: betetr verhicle support
[11:42] Nebadon Izumi: nothing planned
[11:42] Dahlia Trimble: better? as in more like SL?
[11:42] Nebadon Izumi: step one is to make basic improvements to Bullet
[11:43] Nebadon Izumi: i don't expect ODE will improve for vehicles much
[11:43] Basil Sosides: Vihicle parameters arent complett
[11:43] Nebadon Izumi: unless somsone throws some patches
[11:43] Nebadon Izumi: i dont think any of the core devs are interested much in ODE, other than stabilizing it
[11:43] Richardus Raymaker: less phyics time would be nice. but start to use lower prim verhicles solves the problem too i think
[11:43] Aramis Soren: maybe we should bounty for a viewer team? wonder what $ that would take...
[11:43] Dahlia Trimble: cause SL vehicles suc.... well need improvement too
[11:43] Nebadon Izumi: physics are not in the viewer
[11:44] Nebadon Izumi: hehe ya SL vehicles are ok some are better than here
[11:44] Nebadon Izumi: boats and planes in SL are a lot better
[11:44] Nebadon Izumi: cars are not a ton better
[11:44] Dahlia Trimble: ODE is supposed to have good vehicle support but not SL like vehicles
[11:44] Richardus Raymaker: sofar i dont see problems with sl verhicles. only problem tehre are the simborders
[11:44] Dahlia Trimble: lots of car racing games use ODE
[11:45] Nebadon Izumi: ya, ODE has good linking
[11:45] Nebadon Izumi: like Ninja
[11:45] Nebadon Izumi: some projects use a mix of ODE and Bullet
[11:45] Dahlia Trimble: can also do vehicles with active suspensions
[11:45] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[11:45] Richardus Raymaker: hehe
[11:45] Nebadon Izumi: thats what I meant about the linking stuff
[11:45] Richardus Raymaker: that would freak nebadon. racer with suspension
[11:45] Nebadon Izumi: it also supposedly does tank tranks really well
[11:46] Aramis Soren: baja buggy lol
[11:46] Richardus Raymaker: shame movetotarget have the bad habbit objects start to spin if the hit soemthing
[11:47] Dahlia Trimble: oh you should be able to constrain rotation in a script
[11:47] Hiro Protagonist: anybody but me notice this savino cat isnt wearing any pants?
[11:47] Savino Dagostino: this may not be the right forum, but does any have any experience in using IronRuby with OpenSim modules?
[11:48] Savino DagostinoSavino Dagostino chuckles Not intentional....can't get out of vapor mode. :)
[11:48] Justin Clark-Casey: savino: there was some use of ironpython but haven't seen anything in ironruby
[11:49] Justin Clark-Casey: savino is kinda underdressed
[11:49] Mimetic Core: i see man-clam...
[11:49] Sarah Kline: got caught with his trousers down
[11:49] Savino Dagostino: thanks. Should be somewhat similiar, I would think.
[11:49] Savino DagostinoSavino Dagostino laughs.... Rebake doesnt seem to fix the issue, unfortunately.
[11:49] Sarah Kline: wear all your basic body parts
[11:50] Justin Clark-Casey: savino: melanie put up an region module that I think makes using ironpython easier here
[11:51] Sarah Kline: inv is not loading always
[11:51] Justin Clark-Casey: I haven't looked at it though
[11:51] Justin Clark-Casey: I think having something like that in core at some point would be a good idea, to be honest
[11:52] Savino Dagostino: I'll take a look at Melanies git. May also ask her next time I'm over at Avination as well.
[11:52] Richardus Raymaker: to many languages. onle mis the gree pascal one :)
[11:52] Justin Clark-CaseyJustin Clark-Casey nods
[11:52] Richardus Raymaker: free
[11:52] Savino Dagostino: Since there is so much integration between websites and grids, its a natural match, I would think.
[11:52] Aramis Soren: was looking for that link lol
[11:53] Savino Dagostino: I'm seeing a fully clothed Savino over here all good? :)
[11:53] Sarah Kline: all ok
[11:53] Hiro Protagonist: yup
[11:53] Richardus Raymaker: it feels like things go slower with opensim. also harder to find problems. thats a good sign to
[11:53] Justin Clark-Casey: the wardrobe malfunction has been resolved :)
[11:54] Savino Dagostino: thanks. Had a broken link to a shape...had to use another shape, even though the first shape is still available.
[11:54] Sarah Kline: i have had that on and off also
[11:54] Sarah Kline: yes same
[11:54] Savino Dagostino: Yep! And no FAA fines to match! :)
[11:54] Justin Clark-Casey: savino: if you're on viewer 3 there are some issues there with the use of inventory caps on this region
[11:54] Justin Clark-Casey: I still haven't had time to investigate them - something subtle is going on
[11:54] Savino Dagostino: DOH! Lets try FCC...too many gov acronyms.
[11:54] Aramis Soren: what do i get when i switch from viewer 1 to 3 now, what breaks/ is missing?
[11:55] Justin Clark-Casey: multi attachment/layers don't exist
[11:55] Aramis Soren: still a need to have 2 installed or skip it?
[11:55] Aramis Soren: ok don't use that, haven't done mesh yet but want it soon
[11:55] Justin Clark-Casey: native linden lab viewer 3 will have profiles, etc pointing back to their website
[11:55] Justin Clark-Casey: you don't need to go from viewer 2 to viewer 3
[11:55] Aramis Soren: ah right profiles which i can edit in the .xml?
[11:55] Justin Clark-Casey: stuff like prim equivalent isn't implemented
[11:55] Savino Dagostino: Any significant changes to the module design upcoming or planned?
[11:55] Aramis Soren: ok cool
[11:55] Justin Clark-Casey: but viewer 3 is pretty useable with opensim
[11:55] Richardus Raymaker: shame LL did not made some commandline parameter to reroute that
[11:56] Dahlia Trimble: you can disable http inventory in V3
[11:56] Richardus Raymaker: just like the login uri's
[11:56] Justin Clark-Casey: savino: I think there are long term problems that need to be resolved but I don't think changes are imminent
[11:56] Aramis Soren: right just need to learn new interface
[11:56] Sarah Kline: hehe they woulnt make it easy rich
[11:56] Aramis Soren: dahlia don't i want to enable it for faster?
[11:56] Savino Dagostino: I'm using Firestorm v3.3.3, which is a variant of LL v3.2
[11:56] Dahlia Trimble: its in develop menu
[11:56] Justin Clark-Casey: inventory caps is much faster but not so good if it has bugs :)
[11:57] Savino Dagostino: is only good if its accurate.
[11:57] Nebadon Izumi: ya, Its a lot better than it was I think
[11:57] Justin Clark-Casey: there is s till an issue
[11:57] Richardus Raymaker: depends on the size of object you want to hit :)
[11:57] Nebadon Izumi: before the caps changes, inventory would almost never load completely
[11:57] Dahlia Trimble: I think the URI's are not formed well in http inventory
[11:57] Justin Clark-Casey: I spent some time looking for it but it's not obvious :(
[11:57] Dahlia Trimble: at least thats what I heard
[11:57] Justin Clark-Casey: everything works inf esom eof the time
[11:58] Justin Clark-Casey: but then at other points attachments will stop being attached/links are broken, etc.
[11:58] Justin Clark-Casey: It might be some kind of timing issue or some complicated interaction with versionin/caching
[11:58] Richardus Raymaker: thats the biggest problem i see with attachments
[11:58] Sarah Kline: I find once the inv has loaded the links are fixed
[11:59] Justin Clark-Casey: fixed? you mean they change state?
[11:59] Savino Dagostino: Is there some form of transaction wrapper around inventory activites?
[11:59] Justin Clark-Casey: savino: no
[11:59] Sarah Kline: they are not lost or broken
[11:59] Justin Clark-Casey: sarah: this is without relogging?
[11:59] Sarah Kline: just connected back
[11:59] Sarah Kline: yes it seems
[11:59] Justin Clark-Casey: hmm, curious
[11:59] Sarah Kline: id have to test to confirm
[12:00] Justin Clark-Casey: I even got to the point of looking through viewer code :)
[12:00] Dahlia Trimble: I still havent looked lol
[12:00] Sarah Kline: but yes this morning i had missing and broken links that righted themselves
[12:00] Justin Clark-Casey: that's when you know things are getting complicated
[12:00] Aramis Soren: nice to have the option i bet
[12:00] Savino Dagostino: Justin. No. Tell me it ain't so! Viewer code...?? :)
[12:00] Justin Clark-Casey: It's actually quite nice to get some feel for it
[12:01] Dahlia Trimble: BUTN THE HERETIC!!
[12:01] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[12:01] Justin Clark-CaseyJustin Clark-Casey grins
[12:01] Dahlia Trimble: *BURN lol
[12:02] Sarah Kline: for so long you where not allowed to look at it lol
[12:02] Savino Dagostino: Sarah: Same here...self repairing links. I rarely see broken links on a standalone sim, whether the server is local or remote.
[12:02] Justin Clark-Casey: interesting. I see broken links on local
[12:02] Justin Clark-Casey: but that's only with Fetchinventory2 and the descendents cap on, which is not the default opensim config
[12:02] Justin Clark-Casey: if everything falls back to UDP then the issues go away
[12:03] Dahlia Trimble: I dont want to look, Ive heard too many horror stories and I dotn want it influencing my viewers ;)
[12:03] Aramis Soren: wish i knew 1/10 of what you guys are up on... grr
[12:03] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[12:03] Justin Clark-Casey: heh
[12:03] Savino Dagostino: UDP...would that imply its related to a packet loss use case..??
[12:03] Justin Clark-Casey: Savino: not the http cap
[12:03] Dahlia Trimble: http is tcp
[12:03] Justin Clark-Casey: going back to udp overloads the udp link with large inventories, which is why the cap is ultimately the way forward
[12:03] Nebadon Izumi: UDP works better, but its also a lot more intensive
[12:04] Nebadon Izumi: doesnt scale as well as HTTP does
[12:04] Dahlia Trimble: I think the http one can send large chunks and they dont have to use the sim as a proxy
[12:04] Justin Clark-Casey: yes, that could also ultimately be done
[12:05] Dahlia Trimble: so viewer can talk to a dedicated inventory server
[12:05] Justin Clark-Casey: at the moment though, we still have to shuffle through the simulator
[12:05] Walter Balazic: *waves
[12:05] Walter Balazic: take care everyone
[12:05] Dahlia Trimble: bb
[12:05] Hiro Protagonist: l8r Walt
[12:05] Justin Clark-Casey: bye walter
[12:05] Richardus Raymaker: problem with dedicated inventory server. the load is less spread around the world
[12:05] Hiro ProtagonistHiro Protagonist is out too
[12:05] Hiro ProtagonistHiro Protagonist waves
[12:06] Savino Dagostino: However, if the viewer are server are inventory sync'd asynchronously, there could be an issue of them not being in sync and causing visible defects.
[12:06] Savino Dagostino: viewer and server*
[12:06] Justin Clark-Casey: savino: simulator does no caching right now so it's not an issue
[12:06] Richardus Raymaker: ? it dont store data on hdd anymore
[12:06] Justin Clark-Casey: richardus: yes, but then the inventory server can be scaled up. It's a dumb data services so that's easier to do
[12:07] Aramis Soren: will 2008 VS still be valid awhile or should I just go with 10 express?
[12:07] Justin Clark-Casey: aramis: 2008 will be fine for a long while
[12:07] Aramis Soren: re opensim stuff
[12:07] Justin Clark-Casey: richardus: it never has for inventory. assets are different
[12:07] Richardus Raymaker: ok. think i like 2008 more.
[12:07] Aramis Soren: ok thx justin i have full of 08 and wondered if it would be supereded soon
[12:07] Richardus Raymaker: ok
[12:07] Dahlia Trimble: I like 10 because the fonts are easier to see
[12:08] Richardus Raymaker: hmm i have it not installed at all. but 10 i can only use express
[12:08] Aramis SorenAramis Soren needs to learn this shit pardon my french
[12:08] Justin Clark-Casey: heh
[12:08] Richardus Raymaker: ut still not into C# at all
[12:08] Dahlia Trimble: oh I just use express anyway
[12:08] Justin Clark-Casey: I need to go and do some things so I will see you folks around
[12:08] Richardus Raymaker: bye justin
[12:08] Dahlia TrimbleDahlia Trimble is cheap :)
[12:08] Savino Dagostino: Later, Justin.
[12:08] Dahlia Trimble: bb jcc
[12:09] Justin Clark-CaseyJustin Clark-Casey waves
[12:09] Nebadon Izumi: see ya
Personal tools
About This Wiki