Chat log from the meeting on 2012-01-17

From OpenSimulator

Jump to: navigation, search
[11:04] Key GruinKey Gruinhe said he would be late
[11:04] Hiro Protagonist: that's all I knows :)
[11:04] Andrew Hellershanks: ah
[11:04] Key Gruin: or may not make it at all
[11:05] Andrew Hellershanks: Could be a short meeting today
[11:05] Sarah Kline: hi Justin
[11:05] Justin Clark-Casey: hello sarah, folks
[11:05] Hiro Protagonist: Justin :)
[11:05] Andrew Hellershanks: Hey, Justin!
[11:05] Key Gruin: hi Justin
[11:05] Taarna Welles: Hi Justin
[11:05] BlueWall Slade: Hi JCC
[11:05] Eliopod Beaumont: hi justin
[11:06] Key Gruin: hope I'm not sitting on someone
[11:06] Caro Fayray: hi everyone i havent said hi to
[11:06] Hiro Protagonist: will someone step up and direct the meeting in Neb's absence or will we give him a bit
[11:06] Richardus Raymaker: ]Hi justin, can i give you a box with particle script , thats doing weird here. especiallyu if you step further away from it
[11:06] BlueWall Slade: RiRa, I could get Lbsa Plaza on the map, but TP fails
[11:06] Richardus Raymaker: but let justin first hget out of that cloud
[11:06] Justin Clark-Casey: you can give me a box but I have no time at the moment to look at such issues
[11:07] Richardus Raymaker: hmm, lucky you. i think HG is doing a bit strange today
[11:07] sim core: :-J I wonder if the prevention of using physical objects works, seems to not work anymore and did not see the 'Inforce maximum prim' in action either
[11:07] Richardus Raymaker: thats no problem justin. but yu asked for it last week
[11:07] Justin Clark-Casey: the physical object switch definitely works
[11:07] Justin Clark-Casey: richardus: ok, thanks
[11:08] sim core: I mean, in the config file?
[11:08] Justin Clark-Casey: yes
[11:08] Richardus Raymaker: i have the same problem in sl3.2 viewer. and singularity. it seems the upper part disapear if your a few meters away from it. further away ore siapear
[11:08] Justin Clark-Casey: I couldnt' say for sure if the limits are being obeyed
[11:09] sim core: :-J Thank-you
[11:09] Andrew Hellershanks: Richardus, I'm not sure why particles don't work the same in OS as they do in SL. Either some settings are passed to viewer, or properties aren't save properly. Not sure what it might be.
[11:09] Hiro Protagonist: you not only have to set parameters, there is a config point in opensim.ini that enables the enforcement of physical prims
[11:09] Hiro Protagonist: if not set to true, changing limit params wont work
[11:09] Andrew Hellershanks: ... some particle settings are not passed to viewer...
[11:09] Justin Clark-Casey: well, if it's set in the main config it should apply to everything
[11:10] Justin Clark-Casey: but maybe in a region ini it could be overriden - I don't know
[11:10] Franziska Bossi: da
[11:10] Justin Clark-Casey: core: setting physical prims to false will still allow the property to be set for a prim, it just won't have any effect
[11:10] Franziska Bossi: nu latsch ich ma uff socken
[11:10] Richardus Raymaker: for now i have only the vivox ini seperate
[11:10] Rieeda X: omg ich sehe gar nix
[11:10] Franziska Bossi: jo
[11:10] Richardus Raymaker: eep
[11:11] Franziska Bossi: eep!!
[11:11] Franziska Bossi: Richardus
[11:11] Franziska Bossi: hihi
[11:11] Franziska Bossi: dam
[11:11] Franziska Bossi: dan
[11:11] Richardus Raymaker: justin, do you know if something is changed with HG so search work worser ?
[11:11] Franziska Bossi: eep!!
[11:11] Hiro Protagonist: it's in the ]PrimLimits] config block
[11:11] Key GruinKey Gruin wonders if the chat distance shouldl be lowered for this area
[11:11] Andrew HellershanksAndrew Hellershanks read Franz's comment as having had his socks knocked off. ;-)
[11:11] Franziska Bossi: i am searching for shoes
[11:12] Franziska Bossi: -*- loOl -*-
[11:12] Richardus Raymaker: 30 to much ?
[11:12] Franziska Bossi: not the right one for teens
[11:12] Rieeda X: come out of local chat franzi!
[11:12] Justin Clark-Casey: richardus: I don't know
[11:12] Franziska Bossi: •´¨*•.¸. Giggles •´¨*•.¸. 
[11:12] Richardus Raymaker: ok, justin..
[11:13] Hiro Protagonist: I've got a concern I'd like to discuss concerning the osGetGrid* functions that has some broad appeal; it's not a crisis or anything but I've learned some things about ithis I'd like to talk a bit about
[11:13] Andrew Hellershanks: Richardus, Most of the work on the addon modules this past week has been on osprofile with BlueWall working on HG support. I'm just about to commit a change that will fix support for classified ads.
[11:14] Richardus Raymaker: ok.. intressting hiro. that whole command is new for me. but dont use much ossl at all
[11:14] Hiro Protagonist: First before I start pointing out problems I'd like to say that I have a workaround by way of Bo Iwu that is quite clever and works perfectly well
[11:14] Hiro Protagonist: the issues is this
[11:15] Richardus Raymaker: new command hiro. google have ahrd job on it
[11:15] Simulator Version v0.5 shouts: OpenSim 0.7.3 Dev          43173f1: 2012-01-14 18:36:46 -0700 (Unix/Mono)
[11:15] Hiro Protagonist: the osGetGrid* family pulls information from the [GridInfo] configuration block; but that configuration block no longer resides in the OpenSim.ini, and so these functions always return hardcoded defaults that are never usefull in a grid ops context
[11:16] BlueWall Slade: so, they need to ask the grid server for the info there?
[11:16] Hiro Protagonist: osGetGridLoginURI and osGetGridName are of particular interest in the creation of networked HG gate devices, or any devices that self-register their locations
[11:16] Justin Clark-Casey: bluewall: that would seem to follow
[11:17] Hiro Protagonist: Blue, that is the direction I lean, yes
[11:17] BlueWall Slade: ok
[11:17] Hiro Protagonist: they would retrieve the information in a way algorythmically similar to the viewer when the 'get grid info' button is pressed in the grid manager
[11:17] BlueWall Slade: I guess they predate the move of that section
[11:17] Hiro Protagonist: now what I've found as a workaround is to actually put a small GridInfo config block back into the OpenSim.ini
[11:18] Hiro Protagonist: yes I think they probably do Blue
[11:18] Andrew Hellershanks: Strange. I can't find GridInfo in a .ini file.
[11:18] Hiro Protagonist: so if we can maybe get a [GridInfo] block back into the OpenSim.ini of the OSgrid binary dist, we could make a lot of HG scripters happy
[11:18] dan banner: except maybe it needs to have a particular field & function for hypergrid address too?
[11:18] Hiro Protagonist: Robust.ini Andrew
[11:19] dan banner: osGetGridHG
[11:19] Richardus Raymaker: here we go again, sounbd like best to have that block always in seperate ini. if opensim wuld read then from there ?
[11:19] dan banner: or something
[11:19] Richardus Raymaker: ohh. aha ok hiro
[11:19] Andrew Hellershanks: Ah. I'm running Standalone so I don't have that file.
[11:19] BlueWall Slade: it shoudl be in the robust, because that is the login service
[11:19] Hiro Protagonist: nods
[11:19] Hiro Protagonist: it is
[11:19] BlueWall Slade: that is where the viewer would get the info
[11:19] BlueWall Slade: absolutly nothing to do with the region
[11:19] dan banner: yes centrally located would be best
[11:20] BlueWall Slade: at least, the region can't control that info
[11:20] Hiro Protagonist: it actually needs to be pulled from the grid server at the time of the script call, to keep it accurate
[11:20] Richardus Raymaker: so, you only want it workable for grids ? not for standalone ?
[11:20] BlueWall Slade: yes, I think so
[11:20] Hiro Protagonist: I mean, as a final solution
[11:20] BlueWall Slade: RiRa, I guess we have to support them
[11:20] BlueWall Slade: hehe
[11:20] Hiro Protagonist: lol
[11:21] Hiro Protagonist: anyways, just wanted to raise some awareness and flot some ideas around about it
[11:21] BlueWall Slade: where do you put that in a standalone?
[11:21] Richardus Raymaker: i know, and robust is not harder to use. if we forgot the extra modules. still need to install a few for test
[11:21] Justin Clark-Casey: a good temporary solution would seem tobe to put it back into the osgrid opensim.ini
[11:21] dan banner: standalone would need a similar entry in the standalonecommon.ini that robust has
[11:21] Andrew Hellershanks: GridInfo may not be grid settings for standalone but shouldn't the settings be in something also available in SA mode?
[11:21] Richardus Raymaker: Good one Blue. i always use grids
[11:21] Justin Clark-Casey: you just put the same grid info section in StandaloneCommon.ini as you would in Robust.ini
[11:21] dan banner: or in the gridcommon with other urls
[11:22] Justin Clark-Casey: that's not difficult, assuming this stuff is served by the grid service
[11:22] Hiro Protagonist: OpenSim doesn't actually care where in the ini stream things are
[11:22] Hiro Protagonist: they just have to actually be in the stream it's accessing
[11:22] Justin Clark-Casey: no, not gridcommon for standalone
[11:22] Justin Clark-Casey: and not grid common for grid
[11:22] BlueWall Slade: I'm surprised that the region still reads it
[11:22] Hiro Protagonist: it has logic to return 'sane' values if it cant
[11:22] Hiro Protagonist: and it never can as things are now
[11:22] Andrew Hellershanks: Yup. I have the [GridInfoService] section in StandaloneCommon.ini
[11:23] Justin Clark-Casey: reads what?
[11:23] sim core: :-J How about a new hgcommon.ini
[11:23] Justin Clark-Casey: there already is effectively
[11:23] Hiro Protagonist: so for instance, osGetGridLoginURI on any region right now will return
[11:23] Justin Clark-Casey: but really this is a grid/standalone thing
[11:23] BlueWall Slade: maybe we should fix it for grids, and for standalones put the [GridIngo] in StandaloneCommon.ini
[11:23] Andrew Hellershanks: Hiro, it used to care when it came to the settings for osprofile. Not sure that is still the case.
[11:23] Justin Clark-Casey: gridinfo is useful in the non-hg case as well
[11:23] Justin Clark-Casey: bluewall: yes - in fact, it's already in StandaloneCommon.ini
[11:23] BlueWall Slade: ok
[11:23] BlueWall Slade: that covers that
[11:24] Justin Clark-Casey: and GridInfo is in Robust - the problem being the region doesn't get it from there I guess
[11:24] BlueWall Slade: I'll look into fixing it to read from the grid
[11:24] Hiro Protagonist: yes Justin
[11:24] dan banner: exactly justin
[11:24] Hiro Protagonist: Andrew, thats interesting and good to know
[11:24] Hiro Protagonist: I'd love to know if it still is a matter of concern
[11:25] Hiro Protagonist: and Thsanks BlueWall
[11:25] Richardus Raymaker: it sounds like it need to be fixt anyway..
[11:25] Hiro Protagonist: I'll try and talk with Neb and the other OSgrid guys together when he gets back, on IRC
[11:26] Andrew Hellershanks: BlueWall is the one who can clarify if the location of the settings for osprofile still matter or not. There were changes to the module loading code it uses.
[11:26] Hiro Protagonist: I really don't think he'd have a problem putting a temporary minimal [GridInfo] block in the simulator config
[11:26] BlueWall Slade: Justin, I've been adding some more ssuport in the region ready module to lockout logins when messing with oars. But, I'm having a litte trouble catching errors when something goes wrong.
[11:26] Justin Clark-Casey: in loading oars?
[11:26] Hiro Protagonist: Oh, speaking of oars
[11:27] BlueWall Slade: yes, I am sending a message back to the RR module that an oar is loading
[11:27] Hiro Protagonist: oh wait, I'm confusing archives again, nm lol
[11:28] BlueWall Slade: but, if a wrong path or other is given, I havne't been able to find a place to send that info back, so I can cancel the lockout
[11:28] Justin Clark-Casey: if a wrong path is given I believe that the command should fail immediately
[11:28] Justin Clark-Casey: however, it might not be returning boolean status or throwing an exception right up
[11:28] Justin Clark-Casey: there shouldn't be an asynchronous component in that case
[11:29] BlueWall Slade: it seems that most of the heavy lifting happens in the helpers
[11:30] BlueWall Slade: that is as far as I've been able to track it when there's an error.
[11:31] BlueWall Slade: anyways, I'll keep digging around there.
[11:32] Justin Clark-Casey: ok. If you want any assistance just give me a ping
[11:32] BlueWall Slade: ok, thanks
[11:33] Justin Clark-Casey: any other opensim topics today?
[11:33] Andrew Hellershanks: wow. Are we done in just over a half hour today? :-)
[11:33] Taarna Welles: ehmm...
[11:33] Andrew Hellershanks: Didn't think so.
[11:34] BlueWall Slade: re: profile configuration...
[11:34] Richardus Raymaker: the HG stuff thats something nebadon can betetr answhere.
[11:34] BlueWall Slade: it doesn't matter where that is now, but Melanie mentioned something about keeping it there in the GridCommon.ini
[11:34] Sarah Kline: oh i did wonder when opensim would go to 7.3 on the site
[11:34] BlueWall Slade: maybe because of 3rd Pty implementations.
[11:34] sim core: :-J Hum, no besides trying to find a way to enforce prim limitations right now that is what I'm looking at
[11:35] Richardus Raymaker: HeHe, you can set it sim, but my test never gave any effect with it
[11:35] Justin Clark-Casey: sarah: possibly febuary
[11:35] sim core: :-) Ok, that'S what I was wondering Richardus ty
[11:35] Sarah Kline: ok thanks )
[11:35] Richardus Raymaker: so, curious what part is implemented with the prim limit you can put in the ini
[11:36] BlueWall Slade: OpenSim 2012 - "the last simulator you'll ever need"
[11:36] Andrew Hellershanks: ok, good to know StandaloneCommon would also work or now, using the addon include directory would also work.
[11:36] Justin Clark-Casey: ha, I hlightly doubt that
[11:36] Andrew Hellershanks: BlueWall: Another line that makes me think of Men In Black :-)
[11:38] dan banner: any new ideas on sit/stand rotations (i.e. linkset)
[11:38] BlueWall Slade:
[11:39] Mimetic Core: lol
[11:39] Sarah Kline: funny
[11:39] Richardus Raymaker: hehe, fits with the line i say sl ends at 21-12-2012 ?
[11:39] Andrew Hellershanks: I've wondered if it was just that
[11:40] dan banner: also another problem i am seeing is if i build something and put a copy in the sandbox i end up with several copies in inv i dont own
[11:40] dan banner: the owners are people that took a copy of the object
[11:40] Richardus Raymaker: That problem dan with double inventory is very old. nebadon always say some lag..
[11:40] BlueWall Slade: that's weird
[11:40] Justin Clark-Casey: does sound more like a bug to me
[11:40] dan banner: not double rich
[11:40] Justin Clark-Casey: particularly if it can be reproduced exactly every time
[11:40] dan banner: thats another thing
[11:41] dan banner: justin: its quite random
[11:41] Andrew Hellershanks: dan: How easily can that be seen?
[11:41] Andrew Hellershanks: :-P
[11:41] Richardus Raymaker: if i get some object and move it to right place inside inventory. soemday later or so i see it again. sometimes a 3e time to
[11:41] Justin Clark-Casey: so a race then
[11:41] BlueWall Slade: this is in OSG?
[11:41] Richardus Raymaker: its pretty confusing btw
[11:41] Richardus Raymaker: yes..
[11:41] dan banner: andrew: place a freebie at sandbox plaza full perm and leave it there and in a day or so look how many copies you have and who owns them
[11:42] sim core: :-S Hum
[11:42] Richardus Raymaker: Hmm, thats other problem dan. then i see
[11:42] dan banner: yes bluewall
[11:42] Mimetic Core: wierd
[11:42] Key Gruin: I've experienced that also and could not figure out how to reproduce it
[11:42] Sarah Kline: these are things that get returned in lost and found?
[11:42] VivK Lowlag: not returns Sarah
[11:42] dan banner: i have made some things i left there and i have dozens of copies i rez the owner is not me
[11:42] Sarah Kline: ok
[11:43] Richardus Raymaker: sarah, as example you give me something. then good change i have it the next day double in my inventory
[11:43] Sarah Kline: i try it too
[11:43] Mimetic Core: who does the owner wind up being dan?
[11:43] Richardus Raymaker: but it happens a bit random always
[11:43] Key Gruin: yes very random
[11:43] VivK Lowlag: just whoever takes copies so it is random
[11:44] Mimetic Core: got it
[11:44] BlueWall Slade: is the inventory running on the SimianGrid(php) or on Robust?
[11:44] dan banner:
[11:44] dan banner: 1 object 5 owners
[11:45] Taarna Welles: wow
[11:45] Richardus Raymaker: i need to check next time with double objects the names..
[11:45] dan banner: i have lots of doubles rira but i own them both
[11:45] Key Gruin: dan is that only with items that are left at the Sandbox Plazas/
[11:45] Key Gruin: ?
[11:46] dan banner: not just sandbox plaza
[11:46] dan banner: linda kellie says it happens to her too
[11:46] Richardus Raymaker: hi nebadon
[11:46] Sarah Kline: i see the server is also sending you a copy at the same time
[11:46] Justin Clark-Casey: Hi Neb
[11:46] Nebadon Izumi: hello
[11:46] BlueWall Slade: Hi
[11:46] Key Gruin: gotta figure out a pattern on that
[11:46] Sarah Kline: hi neb
[11:46] Taarna Welles: Hi Neb
[11:46] Key Gruin: to track it down
[11:46] Key Gruin: Hi Neb
[11:46] dan banner: so when someone copies my freebie i get another copy they own as well as they get their copy
[11:47] Nebadon Izumi: ya that is a wierd one for sure
[11:47] BlueWall Slade: but, the inventory service - is it Robust or PHP?
[11:47] Nebadon Izumi: on OSgrid?
[11:47] BlueWall Slade: yes
[11:47] Nebadon Izumi: its all Robust
[11:47] BlueWall Slade: ok
[11:47] Nebadon Izumi: accept we run SRAS
[11:47] Nebadon Izumi: everything else is robust
[11:47] BlueWall Slade: I wasn't sure
[11:48] dan banner: its like crossed wires
[11:48] dan banner: freebie feedback
[11:48] Nebadon Izumi: heh
[11:48] Richardus Raymaker: nebadon, did you changed something with HG ? as example: Plaza = no result. unless its singularity problem i just think about
[11:48] BlueWall Slade: does it happen if you give and object?
[11:48] Nebadon Izumi: ya you said it doesnt always do it though right?
[11:48] Nebadon Izumi: we have not changed anything Richardus
[11:48] dan banner: bluewall not that i have noticed
[11:48] Nebadon Izumi: that address willl not work from inside OSgrid though
[11:48] dan banner: its when its rezzed and people copy it
[11:48] Nebadon Izumi: only outside
[11:49] Dahlia Trimble: hi
[11:49] Nebadon Izumi: hello Dahlia
[11:49] BlueWall Slade: just copy - or buy a copy for -0-?
[11:49] BlueWall Slade: Hi Dahlia
[11:49] dan banner: bluewall i check aloow anyone to copy
[11:49] dan banner: allow*
[11:49] BlueWall Slade: ok, thanks
[11:50] Richardus Raymaker: for e it happens most with things people give to me
[11:50] BlueWall Slade: I'll try that on my dev grid
[11:50] dan banner: full perm
[11:50] dan banner: etc
[11:50] Richardus Raymaker: double inventoy
[11:50] BlueWall Slade: but, me being the only user there may not trigger it.
[11:50] Hiro Protagonist: BTW, WTH is 'SRAS'
[11:51] Key Gruin: maybe we need a bunch of folks to try this in order to track it down
[11:51] Dahlia Trimble: osgrid asset server
[11:51] dan banner: thats another bug rich
[11:51] Sarah Kline: Rich HG works just fine externally but i dont think you can hypergrid within
[11:51] Dahlia Trimble: simple rails asset server
[11:51] Richardus Raymaker: testing now with imprudence.
[11:51] dan banner: 2 copies you are owner is not as annoying as 20 copies you dont own
[11:52] BlueWall Slade: lol
[11:52] Richardus Raymaker: that could be the porblem dahlia :)
[11:52] Justin Clark-Casey: no, it's clearly some simulator bug
[11:52] Sarah Kline: I have not had any freebies from my shop at wright come back
[11:52] BlueWall Slade: me either
[11:53] Nebadon Izumi: SRAS = Simple Ruby Asset Server
[11:53] Sarah Kline: obviously its a right click copy thing
[11:53] sim core: :-J NOt lately, in any case
[11:53] Nebadon Izumi: its pretty awesome
[11:53] Nebadon Izumi: though were still not running the latest and greatest here at OSgrid yet
[11:53] Nebadon Izumi: soon we will be
[11:53] Hiro Protagonist: group chat only fails for me on the plazas
[11:53] Hiro Protagonist: it works great elsewhere
[11:53] Richardus Raymaker: bluewall, can you give me a HG link that works on yours ?
[11:53] Justin Clark-Casey: what changes did dave make most recently?
[11:53] Nebadon Izumi: I think we might have it disabled at the plazas Hiro
[11:54] Walter Balazic: I use group chat for OBA everyday
[11:54] Hiro Protagonist: ahh that splains it
[11:54] Walter Balazic: :)
[11:54] Nebadon Izumi: we can look at turning it back on
[11:54] Nebadon Izumi: it was bad for a while
[11:54] Nebadon Izumi: lots of spew
[11:54] Key Gruin: it goes wonky in large groups
[11:54] BlueWall Slade: Gateway
[11:54] Richardus Raymaker: aha, got one. maby its disabled on my region now.
[11:55] Hiro Protagonist: I'm not too worried about it being on there, I just wondered if there was some unkown config issue
[11:55] Hiro Protagonist: I do know that XmlRpcGHroups is still causing some issues
[11:55] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[11:55] dan banner: i still get complaints from people that their sim crashed because of group chat
[11:55] Richardus Raymaker: your i find to bluewall.
[11:56] dan banner: with really large groups
[11:56] Justin Clark-Casey: well, really the simulator should avoid crashing even if it receives bad data from xmlrpc groups
[11:56] dan banner: it lags it really bad
[11:56] Walter Balazic: it crashes also
[11:56] Justin Clark-Casey: I expect the distribution mechanism is extremely inefficient
[11:56] Nebadon Izumi: ya i would say it more degrades the sim than crashes it
[11:56] Walter Balazic: it will eventually take it down
[11:56] Justin Clark-Casey: this is why linden lab were enforcing group limit sizes
[11:56] Walter Balazic: I've watched it
[11:56] Nebadon Izumi: does LL have a group size limit/
[11:56] Nebadon Izumi: ?
[11:56] Hiro Protagonist: JustinCC, ++ on anything the simulator can do to a service that is misbehaving
[11:57] Richardus Raymaker: group limit is not the same as total group users ?
[11:57] Justin Clark-Casey: it doesn't? I thought there was a limit
[11:57] Dahlia Trimble: no group size limit
[11:57] Nebadon Izumi: no
[11:57] Justin Clark-Casey: hmm, maybe not
[11:57] Justin Clark-Casey: urgh
[11:57] Nebadon Izumi: only how many groups 1 person can join
[11:57] Sarah Kline: yes
[11:57] Hiro Protagonist: *can do to endure a service thats misbehaving
[11:57] Justin Clark-Casey: ok, thanks
[11:57] Nebadon Izumi: but any 1 group can have a lot
[11:57] Dahlia Trimble: our group chad system design is.... kinda lacking lol
[11:57] Nebadon Izumi: there are groups with 1000s in SL
[11:57] Richardus Raymaker: well. more then 30 is hard to get, unless you jpoin everything you find on your way.
[11:58] sim core: :-J More than ten thousand, in sl
[11:58] Richardus Raymaker: whoops
[11:58] Sarah Kline: imagine several of those spamming you on a sim
[11:58] dan banner: lol
[11:58] BlueWall Slade: the database has a copy of every message<--->member
[11:58] Richardus Raymaker: i know the kill you with group inviters. but i would say its not hard to say decline
[11:59] dan banner: as soon as i find people chatting in groups im in i leave the group
[11:59] BlueWall Slade: if we push that many messages, then we're screwed
[11:59] Dahlia Trimble: group chat shouldnt go in a database
[11:59] Sarah Kline: lol exactly
[11:59] Justin Clark-Casey: is group chat really going in a database?
[11:59] sim core: :-J nope, group chat should go directly to the online user
[11:59] BlueWall Slade: yes
[11:59] Sarah Kline: they are useful for group notices
[11:59] Richardus Raymaker: where then dahlia ? nto the trashcan ?
[11:59] Justin Clark-Casey: bluewall: in xmlrpc groups?
[11:59] BlueWall Slade: if they're offline that is
[11:59] Dahlia Trimble: i thought I added a switch once to disable group chat being stored
[11:59] Justin Clark-Casey: oh well, yeah
[12:00] dan banner: group chat shouldnt be stored for offline users
[12:00] Dahlia Trimble: exactly
[12:00] Nebadon Izumi: I don't think group messages are stored
[12:00] BlueWall Slade: if you have 800 member, odds are that 796 of them are offline
[12:00] Dahlia Trimble: they were once
[12:00] Richardus Raymaker: dan is right. never seen offline group chat in sl
[12:00] Sarah Kline: no
[12:01] BlueWall Slade: notices are, I think
[12:01] BlueWall Slade: ??
[12:01] dan banner: notices should be
[12:01] Sarah Kline: yes you get those
[12:01] sim core: :-J Indeed, for notices
[12:01] BlueWall Slade: I have had inventory+notice
[12:01] Richardus Raymaker: notices you get offline or with e-mail. but neve group chat
[12:02] BlueWall Slade: maybe that is what we are storing and not the messages?
[12:02] Dahlia Trimble: group chat used to use the same mechanism as IM, and hence would be stored when offline just as IM is
[12:02] BlueWall Slade: ugggh
[12:02] Richardus Raymaker: hmm. thats not good
[12:02] Dahlia Trimble: I added a switch to disable it
[12:02] BlueWall Slade: Does it still save notices?
[12:02] Dahlia Trimble: no idea
[12:02] dan banner: seems to bluewall
[12:03] Richardus Raymaker: question, how easy can you detect when user is online or offline ? thats maby why it get stored
[12:04] Richardus Raymaker: hmm HG is enabled on my region. oh well..
[12:04] Justin Clark-Casey: ok, I need to go and attend to other business.
[12:04] Justin Clark-Casey: See you around, folks
[12:04] Richardus Raymaker: bye justin
[12:04] dan banner: bye justin
[12:04] BlueWall Slade: bye Justin
Personal tools
About This Wiki