Chat log from the meeting on 2010-12-28

From OpenSimulator

Jump to: navigation, search

[10:25 AM] dina Koroba is Online
[10:26 AM] Nebadon Izumi: hello
[10:26 AM] Teravus Ousley: Good morning
[10:26 AM] Nebadon Izumi: morning :D
[10:26 AM] Nebadon Izumi: hows it going?
[10:27 AM] Nebadon Izumi: you ever get a chance to try the racer script?
[10:27 AM] Richardus Raymaker is Online
[10:27 AM] Teravus Ousley: not yet. Will though before new year.
[10:27 AM] Nebadon Izumi: nice
[10:29 AM] Teravus Ousley: 1.0 on time dilation. Is that real? or fake :D :)
[10:30 AM] Nebadon Izumi: heh ya i think since you fixed that
[10:30 AM] Nebadon Izumi: the racer actually got worse
[10:30 AM] Nebadon Izumi: it seemed a lot smoother when it was pinned at 1.0
[10:31 AM] Nebadon Izumi: the sim stats just plummet now when i sit on the racer even
[10:31 AM] Nebadon Izumi: when im moving they drop down to less than .5 dilation and like 10-30fps
[10:31 AM] Nebadon Izumi: turning is super harsh
[10:31 AM] Teravus Ousley: That's real information though.
[10:31 AM] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[10:32 AM] Nebadon Izumi: it just didnt seem to lag as bad before you did that, not that it was perfect
[10:32 AM] Nebadon Izumi: but it didnt improve it though
[10:32 AM] Teravus Ousley: need to figure out what part of the simulator is causing the sim to stall like that :)
[10:32 AM] Nebadon Izumi: its good though we get things working proper
[10:32 AM] Nebadon Izumi: even if its a bit painful
[10:32 AM] Nebadon Izumi: vehicles really have been useless for over a year now
[10:33 AM] Nebadon Izumi: physics in general
[10:33 AM] Nebadon Izumi: other than walking around
[10:33 AM] Nebadon Izumi: really cant do much
[10:33 AM] Nebadon Izumi: cant even really do prim drops anymore even
[10:33 AM] Nebadon Izumi: or stack prims
[10:33 AM] Nebadon Izumi: its just impossible
[10:33 AM] Nebadon Izumi: the prims do drop
[10:33 AM] Nebadon Izumi: but the delay is so bad it looks horrible
[10:34 AM] Nebadon Izumi: you kick a prim and the prim just like disappeaars and reappears a few meters away
[10:34 AM] Nebadon Izumi: you dont actually really see it fluidly move
[10:34 AM] Teravus Ousley: sounds like the update path is broken really.
[10:34 AM] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[10:34 AM] Nebadon Izumi: it feels like the sim is working right
[10:34 AM] Nebadon Izumi: just the client isnt being updated
[10:35 AM] Nebadon Izumi: hard to say though, lots of oddities
[10:35 AM] Nebadon Izumi: like with Mcortez's tube transport
[10:35 AM] Nebadon Izumi: if i use a solid sphere for the vehicle its fine
[10:35 AM] Nebadon Izumi: if i cut or hollow or attach prims to that sphere though
[10:35 AM] Nebadon Izumi: as soon as you sit on it, you end up at 0,0,0
[10:35 AM] Nebadon Izumi: with no stand button
[10:36 AM] Nebadon Izumi: but say you cam back over to where you were and sit on a prim
[10:36 AM] Nebadon Izumi: you stand up where you should have been at
[10:36 AM] Nebadon Izumi: i suspect its something with linksets
[10:36 AM] Nebadon Izumi: it is a lot better
[10:36 AM] Nebadon Izumi: its not perfect but considerably better
[10:36 AM] Nebadon Izumi: but even if you just attach like 4 tires to a cube
[10:37 AM] Nebadon Izumi: its the same as like 500 prim vehicle
[10:37 AM] Nebadon Izumi: if you use the vehicle with just 1 prim
[10:37 AM] Nebadon Izumi: he hopefully you understood what i just said
[10:37 AM] Teravus Ousley: constant 100kbs bandwidth for me at the mment.
[10:37 AM] Nebadon Izumi: on my screen everything i just wrote came out in the wrong order on my screen
[10:37 AM] Nebadon Izumi: heh
[10:38 AM] Teravus Ousley: It came out OK for me. I know what you mean.
[10:38 AM] Nebadon Izumi: cool
[10:38 AM] Nebadon Izumi: ya you know someone else has said to me that this sim seems to have a huge amount of packet loss compared to other plazas
[10:39 AM] Nebadon Izumi: wonder if its one of the nieghbors
[10:39 AM] Teravus Ousley: The update path is scary because changing it has larg unknown effects
[10:39 AM] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[10:39 AM] Nebadon Izumi: no suprising
[10:39 AM] Nebadon Izumi: i think though alot of the changes lately have been necessary, even if vehicles are suffering
[10:39 AM] Teravus Ousley: Yes, I suppose that the 'bandwidth' could be from another sim.
[10:39 AM] Nebadon Izumi: id rather see logins work 100% than vehicles work 100%
[10:40 AM] Nebadon Izumi: my netmeter bandwidth meter shows me at like steady 15k right now
[10:41 AM] Teravus Ousley: pretty quiet for the holidays
[10:42 AM] Nebadon Izumi: ya, i suspect we'll get a few people here today for the meeting
[10:42 AM] Nebadon Izumi: the meeting before christmas about 10-15 people showed up
[10:42 AM] Nebadon Izumi: Avatar movement does seem a lot better though
[10:42 AM] Nebadon Izumi: especially when logging in
[10:43 AM] Nebadon Izumi: no more 2fps while prims load
[10:43 AM] Richardus Raymaker is Offline
[10:44 AM] Teravus Ousley: My client debug console is going oin about the LLObjectMediaDataClient
[10:44 AM] Nebadon Izumi: hmm
[10:44 AM] Nebadon Izumi: what is that for?
[10:44 AM] Teravus Ousley: looks like some kind of a HTTP texture failure
[10:45 AM] Nebadon Izumi: what viewer are you using?
[10:45 AM] Teravus Ousley: project mesh viewer at the moment.
[10:45 AM] Nebadon Izumi: ah
[10:45 AM] Teravus Ousley: spotted richardous rainmaker in the debug console
[10:45 AM] Nebadon Izumi: does that have anything to do with Media on a Prim maybe?
[10:46 AM] Teravus Ousley: My guess is it has more to do with the HTTP texture path
[10:46 AM] Teravus Ousley: where the viewer downloads textures over HTTP instead of UDP
[10:46 AM] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[10:46 AM] Nebadon Izumi: HTTP texture fetch should work now
[10:46 AM] Nebadon Izumi: i have it enabled at the moment
[10:46 AM] Nebadon Izumi: im using Imprudence 1.4 Experimental
[10:47 AM] Teravus Ousley: It does. Just an unusual thing on the debug console
[10:47 AM] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[10:47 AM] Nebadon Izumi: its probably that viewer
[10:47 AM] Nebadon Izumi: that viewer is still pretty rough
[10:47 AM] Nebadon Izumi: very crashy
[10:47 AM] Nebadon Izumi: your using the 12/23 version?
[10:48 AM] Teravus Ousley: Nope, the original :)
[10:48 AM] dina Koroba is Offline
[10:48 AM] Nebadon Izumi: ahh
[10:48 AM] Nebadon Izumi: no wonder
[10:48 AM] Nebadon Izumi: heh
[10:48 AM] Nebadon Izumi: you should use the daily build
[10:48 AM] Nebadon Izumi: its much betta
[10:48 AM] Nebadon Izumi: the release is horrible
[10:48 AM] Teravus Ousley: Ok, so the the majority of the traffic is in Object Updates
[10:50 AM] Richardus Raymaker is Online
[10:51 AM] Teravus Ousley gave you bandwidthUsage.
[10:52 AM] Nebadon Izumi: waiting for it to load
[10:52 AM] Richardus Raymaker is Offline
[10:52 AM] Richardus Raymaker is Offline
[10:52 AM] dina Koroba is Online
[10:52 AM] Richardus Raymaker is Offline
[10:52 AM] Richardus Raymaker is Online
[10:52 AM] Nebadon Izumi: ah ya im seeing about the same
[10:53 AM] Nebadon Izumi: 70-100k
[10:53 AM] Teravus Ousley: object updates are coming from somewhere
[10:53 AM] Nebadon Izumi: heh so wierd, my avatar keeps spinning around
[10:53 AM] Nebadon Izumi: hmm
[10:53 AM] Richardus Raymaker: direct login works
[10:53 AM] Richardus Raymaker: eleven need a restart anyway im afraid
[10:53 AM] Nebadon Izumi: cool Richardus
[10:53 AM] Richardus Raymaker: hi nebadon, teravus
[10:53 AM] Nebadon Izumi: ya its more likely the other sims you were in
[10:53 AM] Nebadon Izumi: that were acting up
[10:53 AM] Nebadon Izumi: and not Wright plaza
[10:53 AM] Teravus Ousley: hello
[10:54 AM] Richardus Raymaker: problem, why does freeswitch dont work with 0.7.1 ?
[10:54 AM] Nebadon Izumi: it should
[10:54 AM] Nebadon Izumi: though ive not used it
[10:54 AM] Richardus Raymaker: it works with but that version crash after 1 restart. with all sql errors. and i have set everything to mysql
[10:54 AM] Nebadon Izumi: recently the Freeswitch stuff changed a bit
[10:54 AM] Richardus Raymaker: i see some mantis to. but that did not helped
[10:54 AM] Nebadon Izumi: but it should work
[10:55 AM] Richardus Raymaker: what changed. i replaced api for fsapi
[10:55 AM] Nebadon Izumi: to be honest i dont know exactly what changed, i just know that diva and melanie were having trouble with it too
[10:55 AM] Casias Falta: hello
[10:55 AM] Nebadon Izumi: so melanie redid some of the configuration stuff for it
[10:55 AM] Nebadon Izumi: but its supposed to work is my understanding
[10:55 AM] Nebadon Izumi: hello Casias
[10:55 AM] Richardus Raymaker: hello csias. im not the only one with 0.7.1 that have problems
[10:56 AM] Richardus Raymaker: freeswitch dont see opensim or other way.
[10:56 AM] Nebadon Izumi: ya honestly im not much help there
[10:56 AM] Casias Falta: whats the latest
[10:56 AM] Nebadon Izumi: you might try asking diva or melanie whats changed
[10:56 AM] Nebadon Izumi: i havent used Freeswitch really in over a year
[10:56 AM] Nebadon Izumi: atleast had it working in that long anyway
[10:56 AM] Richardus Raymaker: with it works fine. at least voice activates. but it crash everytime with sqlite errrors after init boot
[10:57 AM] Nebadon Izumi: its probably just misconfigured is my guess
[10:57 AM] Richardus Raymaker: here the same. and i still get it working on older versions (standalone)
[10:57 AM] Casias Falta: i tried to get freeswitch to work a couple wks ago and had no joy
[10:57 AM] Richardus Raymaker: let me pastbin the eror
[10:57 AM] Nebadon Izumi: k
[10:58 AM] Nebadon Izumi: freeswitch has always been a real pain in the ass
[10:58 AM] Nebadon Izumi: i did hear the mumble/murmur server Whisper is easy to setup and works well
[10:58 AM] Casias Falta: i see there is new post from gaessler about whisper
[10:58 AM] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[10:58 AM] Teravus Ousley: I found the problem, nebadon.
[10:58 AM] Nebadon Izumi: oh really
[10:58 AM] Nebadon Izumi: what is it Ter?
[10:59 AM] dina Koroba is Offline
[10:59 AM] Richardus Raymaker: yeah. but i need to test that at home first. freeswitch is easy to setup for me now. if opensim works :O
[10:59 AM] Nebadon Izumi: ya i would check with opensim-dev irc channel Richardus
[10:59 AM] Richardus Raymaker: and not a test pc ready for mumble. besides viewer support is missing a bit
[10:59 AM] Teravus Ousley: THere's something shooting updates in the store. The 'ACC Double Sofa Black' Vendor
[10:59 AM] Nebadon Izumi: see if anyone has any suggestion
[11:00 AM] Teravus Ousley: by Agnes Chalet
[11:00 AM] Nebadon Izumi: just that 1 vendor?
[11:00 AM] Richardus Raymaker: if the sqlite error with can get fixt maby i can try more things
[11:00 AM] Teravus Ousley: That's what looks like it has tons of full objects updates eminating from it.
[11:00 AM] Nebadon Izumi: ok let me shut scripts off for that prim
[11:00 AM] Nebadon Izumi: lets see if it stops
[11:00 AM] Entering god mode, level 255
[11:01 AM] You decline ACC Single Sofa Darkbrown ACC Single Sofa Single Vendor is located at Wright Plaza <165.9354, 39.23211, 25.98667> from ACC Single Sofa Single Vendor, an object owned by Agnes Chalet,.
[11:01 AM] Nebadon Izumi: ok scripts are stopped
[11:01 AM] Nebadon Izumi: any better?
[11:01 AM] Nebadon Izumi: wow it actually is a bit better isnt it
[11:01 AM] Richardus Raymaker: this what i get if i start for the 2e time.
[11:02 AM] Nebadon Izumi: kk looking 1 sec
[11:02 AM] Teravus Ousley: THe other ACC vendor is shooting off updates at the moment too
[11:02 AM] Teravus Ousley: Single Sofa White
[11:02 AM] Nebadon Izumi: Richardus
[11:02 AM] Nebadon Izumi: from /bin
[11:02 AM] Richardus Raymaker: aha.
[11:03 AM] Nebadon Izumi: ok Teravus i stopped scripts on that one also
[11:03 AM] Teravus Ousley: all better
[11:03 AM] Nebadon Izumi: wow those are terrible
[11:03 AM] Nebadon Izumi: let me erase those vendors for now
[11:03 AM] Teravus Ousley: Object Update bandwidth has dropped to 11kbs
[11:03 AM] Nebadon Izumi: and i'll contact Agnes
[11:03 AM] Nebadon Izumi: ya i see that
[11:03 AM] Nebadon Izumi: crazy
[11:03 AM] Nebadon Izumi: you should try deleteing the sqlite dll
[11:04 AM] Richardus Raymaker: intressting i think i have the vendors maby on 1 region to, whats the effect teravus ?
[11:04 AM] Nebadon Izumi: nice find Teravus, thanks
[11:04 AM] Nebadon Izumi: btw how did you find those?
[11:04 AM] Teravus Ousley: sucks up lots of bandwidth and uses server CPU
[11:04 AM] Nebadon Izumi: ya no doubt
[11:04 AM] Teravus Ousley: I turned on 'Show Object Updates'
[11:04 AM] Nebadon Izumi: ah ok cool
[11:04 AM] Casias Falta: where is show ...
[11:04 AM] Teravus Ousley: This makes blue and red cones rise from the objects that are updating.
[11:05 AM] Richardus Raymaker: onl;y thing i see on my serve ris sometimes load goes up to a hugh amount. maby assets cache clear ? its soft raid 5
[11:05 AM] Nebadon Izumi: i forget where that setting is now
[11:05 AM] Teravus Ousley: then, I scanned the simulator for rising blue and red cones.
[11:05 AM] Nebadon Izumi: nice
[11:05 AM] Richardus Raymaker: under wich menu is that teravus ?
[11:06 AM] Teravus Ousley: In the mesh viewer it's under 'Develop' --> 'Show info' ---> Show Updates to Objects
[11:06 AM] Teravus Ousley: That's probably pretty similar to viewer 2 in general
[11:06 AM] Richardus Raymaker: wel the error is gone nebadon. now have a new one. <grin> Could not load file or assembly 'OpenSim.Data.SQLite.dll'
[11:07 AM] Casias Falta: Imprudence menu /advanced/show updates ?
[11:07 AM] Nebadon Izumi: ah i found it
[11:07 AM] Nebadon Izumi: in Imprudence its Advanced > Show Updates
[11:07 AM] Teravus Ousley: That sounds reasonable Casias Falta. That's what it was called previously
[11:07 AM] Nebadon Izumi: yes Casias
[11:08 AM] You decline ACC Knit Dress Blue ACC Knit Dress 6 spots Vendor is located at Wright Plaza <167.3781, 44.46828, 22.99857> from ACC Knit Dress 6 spots Vendor, an object owned by Agnes Chalet,.
[11:08 AM] Nebadon Izumi: ok well I offline IM'd Agness
[11:08 AM] Nebadon Izumi: see what she says
[11:08 AM] Teravus Ousley: Neb, that'll save you significantly in bandwidth :)
[11:08 AM] Nebadon Izumi: i also took copies for myself to inspect
[11:08 AM] Nebadon Izumi: ya every little bit helps
[11:08 AM] Nebadon Izumi: especially here
[11:09 AM] Nebadon Izumi: this sim is so full of stuff
[11:09 AM] Nebadon Izumi: 22000 prims
[11:09 AM] Teravus Ousley: 11 kb/sec vs 100 :)
[11:09 AM] Nebadon Izumi: heh the OAR is like 1gb+ now
[11:09 AM] Teravus Ousley: .. and that's 'per user' :)
[11:09 AM] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[11:09 AM] Richardus Raymaker: urgh. its so easy thjat i not saw "show updates" you default look deeper there.
[11:10 AM] Nebadon Izumi: heh ya
[11:10 AM] Nebadon Izumi: i missed it at 1st too
[11:10 AM] Nebadon Izumi: thinking it was burried on some sub menu some where
[11:10 AM] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[11:10 AM] Richardus Raymaker: hehe, yes
[11:10 AM] Teravus Ousley: This whis why SimStats are important :)
[11:10 AM] Nebadon Izumi: heh well i guess its gonna be a quiet tuesday today
[11:10 AM] Nebadon Izumi: not so many folks showing up today, guess everyones still in holiday mode
[11:10 AM] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[11:10 AM] Teravus Ousley: We want to know what the heck is going on. It's hard to tell without stats.
[11:11 AM] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[11:11 AM] Nebadon Izumi: nice find for sure
[11:11 AM] Nebadon Izumi: i need to go over all the plzas
[11:11 AM] Nebadon Izumi: and do this
[11:11 AM] Richardus Raymaker: some people like to know if the 5 jan, bump fix more then only Hypergrid.
[11:11 AM] Nebadon Izumi: even my own sims
[11:11 AM] Nebadon Izumi: it might Richardus
[11:11 AM] Nebadon Izumi: the big focus for that day is HG though
[11:11 AM] Nebadon Izumi: there might be some other minor things in there
[11:12 AM] Nebadon Izumi: i will put out another release before then
[11:12 AM] Richardus Raymaker: hmm, people want to se ethe clouds fixt. its worser again.
[11:13 AM] Nebadon Izumi: i personally havent seen it been any worse myself
[11:13 AM] Richardus Raymaker: i see it a bit more on lbsa
[11:13 AM] Nebadon Izumi: i suspect there are alot of broken avatar parts out there
[11:13 AM] Nebadon Izumi: oh and also Richardus
[11:13 AM] Richardus Raymaker: garry is back to cloud to after he attached bold hair
[11:13 AM] Nebadon Izumi: ive been seeing alot more problems on Imprudence 1.3
[11:13 AM] Nebadon Izumi: than 1.4
[11:13 AM] Teravus Ousley: I had to re-create my avatar since using viewer2.
[11:14 AM] Nebadon Izumi: i switch my friend over to 1.4 from 1.3, he was constantly crashing and having cloud avatar
[11:14 AM] Teravus Ousley: You might have to also...
[11:14 AM] Nebadon Izumi: and when I moved him to 1.4 it all stopped
[11:14 AM] Richardus Raymaker: aha. must use the stable 1.3.0 , someone sayed the latest phoenix is bad to
[11:14 AM] Casias Falta: yeah i am just my boots and hair on viewer 2
[11:14 AM] Nebadon Izumi: ya its strange how everyone has differing results
[11:14 AM] Nebadon Izumi: ive not had really any issues with V2
[11:14 AM] Nebadon Izumi: but
[11:14 AM] Nebadon Izumi: the viewer Ter is using is aincent too
[11:15 AM] Nebadon Izumi: hehe you really should switch to daily build
[11:15 AM] Nebadon Izumi: its much more advanced
[11:15 AM] Casias Falta: daily build of ?
[11:15 AM] Nebadon Izumi: the Project Mesh Viewer
[11:15 AM] Teravus Ousley is using the very first, original Project mesh viewer
[11:15 AM] Richardus Raymaker: i wait for sl2 viewer with normal gui.
[11:15 AM] Nebadon Izumi: heh
[11:16 AM] Nebadon Izumi: ya hopfully the Imrpudence team gets something together soon
[11:16 AM] Casias Falta: mesh not so important to me right now but html on prim is
[11:16 AM] Nebadon Izumi: ive grown pretty accustomed to the v2 interface now
[11:16 AM] Richardus Raymaker: hmm , pretty stuck with freeswitch now. remove sqlite dll's give erros when starting
[11:16 AM] Nebadon Izumi: differnt error?
[11:17 AM] Nebadon Izumi: are you using Webstats?
[11:17 AM] Richardus Raymaker: i tried kirsten nebadon. but something as chatting with more windows open did not work. (besides chat input box still at wrong position)
[11:17 AM] Richardus Raymaker: no, its a fresh standalone i try with freeswitch nebadon
[11:17 AM] Teravus Ousley doesn't really have anything to say. freeswitch configuration got harder since he tried it and it was hard to set up when he did.
[11:17 AM] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[11:17 AM] Teravus Ousley: I've seen people have it running with recent releases though.
[11:17 AM] Nebadon Izumi: freeswitch is a pain in the ass
[11:18 AM] Nebadon Izumi: hello Andrew
[11:18 AM] Teravus Ousley: It certaintly isn't a 1 click setup though.
[11:18 AM] Richardus Raymaker: not at all. is a pain. becausee it seems to access hard sqlite. and udner linux mono 2.8.1
[11:18 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: Hello, nebadon. Hi, everyone
[11:18 AM] Casias Falta: if freeswitch is a pain what is pple experience with whisper
[11:18 AM] Richardus Raymaker: hi andrew
[11:18 AM] Nebadon Izumi: ya that is very odd
[11:18 AM] Casias Falta: hi andrew
[11:18 AM] Richardus Raymaker:
[11:18 AM] Nebadon Izumi: it should not need sqlite for anything
[11:18 AM] Richardus Raymaker: did not helped to
[11:18 AM] Nebadon Izumi: Andrew might know Richardus
[11:18 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: Darn. Seems like I missed some interesting discussions
[11:19 AM] Nebadon Izumi: Andrew did you ever get freeswitch working
[11:19 AM] Nebadon Izumi: after melanies changes
[11:19 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: I might know what?
[11:19 AM] Nebadon Izumi: if freeswitch is in a working state
[11:19 AM] Nebadon Izumi: with opensim
[11:19 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: I haven't tried getting freeswitch working with 0.7
[11:19 AM] Nebadon Izumi: ah ok
[11:19 AM] Nebadon Izumi: ya me either really
[11:19 AM] Nebadon Izumi: its been ages
[11:19 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: I have given up trying to make it work properly with 0.6.9
[11:19 AM] Richardus Raymaker: andrew, i try freeswithc. but it dont talk under 0.7.1 it works under but that one crash with 2e boot.
[11:19 AM] Nebadon Izumi: hehe ya
[11:19 AM] Richardus Raymaker: this what i get if i start for the 2e time.
[11:19 AM] Teravus Ousley wishes more people would spend time creating y00nit tests
[11:20 AM] Nebadon Izumi: at this point its probably best to ask Melanie_T what she thinks
[11:20 AM] Richardus Raymaker: i have got it working under 0.6.9
[11:20 AM] Casias Falta: ? y00nit tests ??
[11:20 AM] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[11:20 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: Richardus, can two people hear each other in 069?
[11:20 AM] Richardus Raymaker: i remeber me something with opensim and mono above where bad in
[11:20 AM] Richardus Raymaker: it worked for me yes
[11:20 AM] Teravus Ousley: y00nit is a creative spelling of 'unit' for 'unit tests'
[11:21 AM] Casias Falta: yep i got that but what unit tests
[11:21 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: Richardus, you will have to tell me exactly how you set it up in 0.6.9 when you have some time. I've tried all the info on the OS wiki
[11:21 AM] Teravus Ousley: it's a short quick program that checks to see if functions are broken or different
[11:21 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: I get white dots over avatar heads but an av can't hear another
[11:22 AM] Nebadon Izumi: i wonder if the Whisper module works with 0.6.9
[11:22 AM] Richardus Raymaker: wel. my documents are a bit incomplete. and now i have problems to
[11:22 AM] Casias Falta: whisper is what i think i will try this week i sort of gave up on freeswitch
[11:22 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: Richardus, that has been the problem with FS. No one seems to have properly documented exactly what you need to do to set it up.
[11:22 AM] Richardus Raymaker: problem is that mono 2.8.1 is not haveing sqlite if i rember talk from nebadon
[11:23 AM] Richardus Raymaker: andrew. i hav e a pretty good document made for myself. but it need some updateing and fixing
[11:23 AM] Richardus Raymaker: need to get it working first then
[11:23 AM] Richardus Raymaker: and for me i can only say it for linux. not windows
[11:24 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: Richardus, I'll take what I can get if it might help me with 069. Might be moot soon. I'm thinking of moving to 0.7 soon
[11:24 AM] Richardus Raymaker: the ports you need to open are not complete complete to sofar i know
[11:24 AM] Richardus Raymaker: hmm, i can try 0.6.9 again to. but its a bit worser with memory. klet me install that again
[11:24 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: I don't have firewall issue to deal with unless the firewall issue is on my local machine.
[11:25 AM] Nebadon Izumi: i think sqlite is fixed now with mono 2.8.1
[11:25 AM] Richardus Raymaker: linux or windowxs andrew ?
[11:25 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: Richardus, if your set up info for FS with 069 is same as on the wiki, I don't know if its worth bothering with it.
[11:26 AM] Nebadon Izumi: id have to test it
[11:26 AM] Richardus Raymaker: thats what i use nebadon :)
[11:26 AM] Nebadon Izumi: ya im using mono 2.8.1 also
[11:26 AM] Nebadon Izumi: but all mysql here
[11:26 AM] Nebadon Izumi: infact
[11:26 AM] Nebadon Izumi: im even usijng sgen now
[11:26 AM] Richardus Raymaker: still need to upload some picture form my new server if you like to see it
[11:26 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: Richardus, I test with Linux but my grid where I run FS is Windows.
[11:26 AM] Nebadon Izumi: i have all my own personal sims running on mono 2.8.1 with sgen
[11:26 AM] Casias Falta: when i tried freeswitch it was with .7 on win with mysql
[11:27 AM] Richardus Raymaker: hmm i run it without i think. i did not add that line when i compiled it
[11:27 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: FS is supposed to be easier to set up iwth the changes made by Melanie
[11:27 AM] Richardus Raymaker: and still i have plenty memory free
[11:27 AM] Richardus Raymaker: i think its harder to setup noiw andrew
[11:27 AM] Casias Falta: where did melanie make changes
[11:27 AM] Richardus Raymaker: and then i hope i can let 0.7.1 talk with 0.6.9
[11:27 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: Hm... we are the die hard OS users/developers?
[11:27 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: just the 5 of us today
[11:28 AM] Nebadon Izumi: heh seems so
[11:28 AM] Teravus Ousley: the peeps that are not on vacation
[11:28 AM] Richardus Raymaker: most are stuck on airports ?
[11:28 AM] Nebadon Izumi: i am kind of suprised
[11:28 AM] Nebadon Izumi: the meeting right before christmas was a bunch of people here
[11:28 AM] Teravus Ousley: .. and.. we didn't really announce anything.
[11:28 AM] Teravus Ousley: we just relied on people remembering.
[11:29 AM] Nebadon Izumi: ya i recently havent been doing any reminders
[11:29 AM] Nebadon Izumi: maybe i should
[11:29 AM] Nebadon Izumi: im suprised justin isnt here
[11:29 AM] Nebadon Izumi: hes been pretty busy lately though
[11:29 AM] Nebadon Izumi: thats ok though
[11:29 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: I was wondering about trying Whisper but having to get people to update one of their viewer files could be a problem.
[11:30 AM] Nebadon Izumi: maybe things are just running so well no one has anything to complain about :P
[11:30 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: yeah, we wish
[11:30 AM] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[11:30 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: hehe
[11:30 AM] Richardus Raymaker: on my list not many online
[11:30 AM] Casias Falta: andrew i am going to try whisper
[11:30 AM] Nebadon Izumi: ya im sure its just the holidays
[11:31 AM] Nebadon Izumi: i tried to go to the Linden Mesh meeting yesterday
[11:31 AM] Nebadon Izumi: and i couldnt get into the beta grid
[11:31 AM] Casias Falta: i see that Volker says he is deployihng in mostly on standalones
[11:31 AM] Teravus Ousley: Most of the Linden meetings are cancelled.
[11:31 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: It would have been nice if Whisper could have been set up to allow use of the standard viewer voice module
[11:31 AM] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[11:31 AM] Nebadon Izumi: everyone needs a break im sure
[11:32 AM] Richardus Raymaker: some hope its getting grid side the server
[11:32 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: Profile stuff is working again in my grid so I'm going to see about finishing it off before the end of the year
[11:32 AM] Nebadon Izumi: great
[11:32 AM] Nebadon Izumi: let me know if you need me to push code here for testing
[11:35 AM] Teravus Ousley: it's a small world after all?
[11:35 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: Nebadon, sure.
[11:35 AM] Richardus Raymaker: i need to work on the website someday with config things.. so many ideas
[11:36 AM] Nebadon Izumi: :)
[11:36 AM] Nebadon Izumi: ya i wish i had more time to work on everything that needs working on
[11:36 AM] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[11:36 AM] Nebadon Izumi: check out these prims i made
[11:36 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: Nebadon, I was able to access the profile of another avatar in my grid so its back to a mostly working state again. Now I can move forward more carefully with some of the other changes I have pending
[11:37 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: Richardus, I know what you mean. I have some website additions to make
[11:37 AM] Richardus Raymaker: still need to start one
[11:37 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: BTW, where does 0.7-post-fixes fit in to the 0.7 series now? It is with additional fixes, or not.
[11:38 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: It is -> Is it
[11:38 AM] Richardus Raymaker: nice scuklpt prims
[11:38 AM] Nebadon Izumi: thanks
[11:38 AM] Nebadon Izumi: i'll be sharing them soon
[11:39 AM] Dahlia Trimble is Online
[11:39 AM] Nebadon Izumi: i was able to save like 2500 prims
[11:39 AM] Nebadon Izumi: because of these 3 prims
[11:39 AM] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[11:39 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: That middle one would be good for suspension bridges
[11:39 AM] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[11:40 AM] Dahlia Trimble is Offline
[11:40 AM] Nebadon Izumi: there grab copies if you want
[11:40 AM] Nebadon Izumi: im going to make a kit up soon
[11:40 AM] Nebadon Izumi: it will be available in my store when its ready
[11:41 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: cool, thanks
[11:41 AM] Nebadon Izumi: I made them with Wings3D
[11:41 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: That one on the far side would make an interesting railing
[11:41 AM] Dahlia Trimble is Online
[11:41 AM] Nebadon Izumi: i'll also be posting the wings files on my website eventually
[11:41 AM] Nebadon Izumi: ya thats what its for
[11:41 AM] Dahlia Trimble is Offline
[11:41 AM] Richardus Raymaker: you can make the gazebo with less prims to i think
[11:41 AM] Nebadon Izumi: these are for decking i made
[11:41 AM] Casias Falta: cool thanks
[11:42 AM] Nebadon Izumi: let me show you some photos
[11:42 AM] Nebadon Izumi: of what i did
[11:42 AM] Nebadon Izumi: 1 sec
[11:42 AM] Nebadon Izumi: CRAP
[11:42 AM] Casias Falta: i have to go pretty soon but have a question
[11:42 AM] Richardus Raymaker: that happens everybody sometimes
[11:42 AM] Richardus Raymaker: hi dalhia
[11:43 AM] Richardus Raymaker: gahlia
[11:43 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: I will be trying to do more with BLender re: Sculpties. I don't want to learn yet another new program
[11:43 AM] Dahlia Trimble: hi :)
[11:43 AM] Teravus Ousley: heh, you have the old one attached
[11:43 AM] Nebadon Izumi: thats not good
[11:43 AM] Casias Falta: dahlia hi
[11:43 AM] Nebadon Izumi: this prim was locked
[11:43 AM] Nebadon Izumi: and i still was able to take it
[11:43 AM] Nebadon Izumi: i mean delete it
[11:43 AM] Nebadon Izumi: i think i deleted
[11:43 AM] Nebadon Izumi: maybe i did take
[11:43 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: oh
[11:43 AM] Dahlia Trimble: mebadon is mooning me
[11:43 AM] Teravus Ousley: It's attached to an arm.. or forwarm
[11:43 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: Casias, go ahead with your question
[11:43 AM] Casias Falta: nebadon can you think of any obvious gotchas in trying whisper/mumber on a region hooked to osgrid
[11:44 AM] Nebadon Izumi: Casias I have not tried it
[11:44 AM] Nebadon Izumi: omg
[11:44 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: It would only work for people with the required viewer voice module.
[11:44 AM] Nebadon Izumi: i have moon attached to me
[11:44 AM] Nebadon Izumi: ROFL
[11:45 AM] Nebadon Izumi: i guess i did pickup
[11:45 AM] Nebadon Izumi: woops
[11:45 AM] Dahlia Trimble: lol
[11:45 AM] Richardus Raymaker: i heared there's som batch file you can run to upgrade the viewer
[11:45 AM] Casias Falta: andrew is that a mod each user has to do on their imprudence
[11:45 AM] Nebadon Izumi: ok well anyway
[11:45 AM] Nebadon Izumi: there is a picture of the decking i did
[11:45 AM] Nebadon Izumi: with these sculpts
[11:45 AM] Teravus Ousley: hello dahlia
[11:45 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: Casias, yeah, I know. Then they won't be able to use voice on another grid that uses FS
[11:45 AM] Nebadon Izumi: Dahlia if you want grab a copy of these prims
[11:45 AM] Dahlia Trimble: hi :)
[11:46 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: or that requires original voice module
[11:46 AM] Dahlia Trimble: something wrong with them?
[11:46 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: Hey, Dahlia
[11:46 AM] dina Koroba is Online
[11:46 AM] Nebadon Izumi: hehe no
[11:46 AM] Nebadon Izumi: i just figured you like the cool sculpties
[11:46 AM] Casias Falta: well i am not getting ANY voice on my regions now
[11:46 AM] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[11:46 AM] Teravus Ousley: prum saving miasures
[11:46 AM] Richardus Raymaker: hmmrrg, 0.6.9 plays the same trick . 2e start sqlite errors
[11:46 AM] Dahlia Trimble: ah ty :)
[11:46 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: Casias, neither am i
[11:46 AM] Richardus Raymaker: good change i missed one this time
[11:47 AM] Dahlia Trimble: grrr compter freezing up
[11:47 AM] jazzy chatterbox: hello everyone
[11:47 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: I don't use sqlite at all with OS
[11:47 AM] Teravus Ousley: happy holidiays peeps :)
[11:47 AM] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[11:47 AM] Nebadon Izumi: the stairs do work
[11:47 AM] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[11:48 AM] Nebadon Izumi: anyone just getting here, if you want a copy of these sculpties grab em
[11:48 AM] Nebadon Izumi: they are copy
[11:48 AM] Nebadon Izumi: 1 prim each
[11:48 AM] Nebadon Izumi: i love Wings3D
[11:49 AM] Nebadon Izumi: i need to find a 8 x 128 template for wings3D though
[11:49 AM] Nebadon Izumi: so i can do more pinches
[11:49 AM] Dahlia Trimble: oops had my draw distance at 256. not a good idea in Wright Plaza
[11:49 AM] Nebadon Izumi: heh im set at 512
[11:49 AM] Teravus Ousley: I peench Ö.Ö
[11:49 AM] jazzy chatterbox: thank you very nice sculpts
[11:49 AM] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[11:49 AM] Nebadon Izumi: no problem Jazzy
[11:49 AM] Nebadon Izumi: keep checking my Oni Kenkon store here at Wright Plaza for more stuff coming soon
[11:49 AM] Nebadon Izumi: i will have a kit with more
[11:50 AM] jazzy chatterbox: great...I will
[11:50 AM] Nebadon Izumi: i also have all of these in 5 , 3 and 1 plank versions
[11:50 AM] Nebadon Izumi: 1, 3, 5, 7 versions
[11:50 AM] Casias Falta: well i got to go thank neb - you all dont celebrate to much on 1/1
[11:50 AM] Nebadon Izumi: hehe see ya Casias, have a nice holidy
[11:50 AM] Nebadon Izumi: good seeing you
[11:50 AM] Teravus Ousley: HH
[11:51 AM] Teravus Ousley: HNY
[11:51 AM] jazzy chatterbox: bye Cas...see you later...
[11:51 AM] jazzy chatterbox: happy new year
[11:51 AM] Teravus Ousley: and all that J
[11:51 AM] Dahlia Trimble: bye :)
[11:51 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: Let us now how the voice stuff works out for you at the next meeting, Casias
[11:51 AM] Richardus Raymaker: unbeliveable. all old versions crash with 2e start at sqlite errors.
[11:51 AM] Casias Falta: will do andrew
[11:51 AM] Nebadon Izumi: thats really odd Richardus
[11:51 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: Have a safe new years
[11:51 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: 2e?
[11:51 AM] Nebadon Izumi: thats only with Freeswitch enabled?
[11:51 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: I would have thought you had stopped making sculpties and done everything in meshes
[11:51 AM] Richardus Raymaker: yes, the init boot works fine. then i shutdown and start again (CRASH)
[11:52 AM] Teravus Ousley: It means that something is missing or something isn't named correctly in your bin folder
[11:52 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: oh
[11:52 AM] Richardus Raymaker: thats not enable in this config
[11:52 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: 2nd
[11:52 AM] Teravus Ousley: It means that something is missing or something isn't named correctly in your bin folder
[11:52 AM] Richardus Raymaker: i try 0.6.9 as standalone now. same problem as
[11:52 AM] Richardus Raymaker: maby need to go back more ?
[11:52 AM] Nebadon Izumi: hrmm not sure Richardus
[11:52 AM] Richardus Raymaker: lol teravus.
[11:53 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: its always a pain having to go backwards to be able to move forwards once more
[11:54 AM] Nebadon Izumi: ya the worst is doing that hunting for a bug
[11:54 AM] Nebadon Izumi: having to go back and forth like 20 times
[11:54 AM] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[11:54 AM] Nebadon Izumi: especially when it takes 2 sims to create the bug
[11:54 AM] Teravus Ousley: 4 to 8 minutes per revision
[11:54 AM] Teravus Ousley: then testing for the bug time.
[11:55 AM] Dahlia Trimble: wierd.. hippo is saturating 2 cores
[11:55 AM] Dahlia Trimble: some strange prim around here or something?
[11:55 AM] Richardus Raymaker: i know older version did not like newer mono's always. but i cant install 2 versions. oh well. hmm i can... thats some option to. but dont like it.
[11:55 AM] Nebadon Izumi: heh maybe Dahlia
[11:55 AM] Richardus Raymaker: maby the sculpts ?
[11:56 AM] Nebadon Izumi: this sim is full of strange objects
[11:56 AM] Nebadon Izumi: heh
[11:56 AM] Nebadon Izumi: omg the main freebie building is a mess
[11:56 AM] Nebadon Izumi: i gotta clean
[11:56 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: I still haven't tracked down a strange object in my grid. I had to turn off physics
[11:56 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: to stop an item from saturating the CPU
[11:56 AM] Dahlia Trimble: or some bad texture maybe
[11:57 AM] Teravus Ousley: would be useful to have a script which downloads revisions between X and Y into specific named foldersand then runprebuild on them all and compiles them in debug mode so that when the project is loaded up in visual studio it just starts in debug mode. Building all at once.. then testing that way it's easier to stay in the 'zone'
[11:57 AM] Nebadon Izumi: heh it wouldnt suprise me Dahlia, though im on Imprudence 1.4 experimental its using like 40% of 1 core for me
[11:57 AM] Dahlia Trimble relogs...
[11:57 AM] Richardus Raymaker: did you looked in about land for objects from othgers ? and at 0.0.0 ?
[11:58 AM] Dahlia Trimble is Offline
[11:58 AM] Nebadon Izumi: that probably wouldnt be to hard Teravus
[11:58 AM] Nebadon Izumi: still be pretty time consuming
[11:58 AM] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[11:58 AM] Teravus Ousley: Yes, you'd have to decide which versions you're going to test. Then execute the script and get coffee.
[11:59 AM] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[11:59 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: Richardus, all the items in the region are owned by someone other than me. :-)
[11:59 AM] Nebadon Izumi: make yourself a Estate Manger?
[11:59 AM] Nebadon Izumi: then turn on God Mode for Estate Managers
[12:00 PM] Andrew Hellershanks: I don't know when the problem started occuring. It may have been this month at which point its one(?) of 4,006 items added since then
[12:00 PM] Nebadon Izumi: heh
[12:00 PM] Nebadon Izumi: ya i have that happen every so often
[12:00 PM] Nebadon Izumi: usually its just lost prims
[12:00 PM] Nebadon Izumi: infact i was at sandbox plaza yesterday
[12:00 PM] Nebadon Izumi: sim stats were stuck at like 2fps
[12:00 PM] Andrew Hellershanks: This is a first for me. I'm used to script related problems.
[12:00 PM] Nebadon Izumi: and .01 time dilation
[12:00 PM] Nebadon Izumi: i logged in couldnt see anything
[12:00 PM] Nebadon Izumi: turned out there were a bunch of physical prims like just off the edge of the sim
[12:01 PM] Dahlia Trimble is Online
[12:01 PM] Nebadon Izumi: at like 250m
[12:01 PM] Nebadon Izumi: 260m
[12:01 PM] Andrew Hellershanks: nebadon, what would I use in god mode to track it down?
[12:01 PM] Nebadon Izumi: you can look for top colliders
[12:01 PM] Nebadon Izumi: in estate tool
[12:01 PM] Nebadon Izumi: on debug tab
[12:01 PM] Andrew Hellershanks: I thought of just making an oar of the region and loading it up on my own machine and seeing if it maxes CPU. Then I could mess with removing stuff until things settle down
[12:01 PM] Nebadon Izumi: also try like Teravus did
[12:01 PM] Andrew Hellershanks: oh, colliders.
[12:01 PM] Nebadon Izumi: with Prim Updates
[12:01 PM] Teravus Ousley: Yes, if you think that it's physics related, you can probably find it on top colliders
[12:02 PM] Nebadon Izumi: thats also a good Idea Andrew
[12:02 PM] Nebadon Izumi: i do that sometimes also
[12:02 PM] Andrew Hellershanks: ok. I'll check on that. I'll re-enable physics and have a go at it.
[12:02 PM] Nebadon Izumi: make a copy of the sim
[12:02 PM] Nebadon Izumi: and just start erasing stuff
[12:02 PM] Nebadon Izumi: until i find it
[12:02 PM] Teravus Ousley: top colliders just 'adds up' all of the collisions in the simulator per object.
[12:02 PM] Andrew Hellershanks: There aren't that many objects with physics enabled.
[12:02 PM] Nebadon Izumi: wb Dahlia
[12:02 PM] Dahlia Trimble: ty
[12:03 PM] Nebadon Izumi: is group chat still really borked Dahlia?
[12:03 PM] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[12:03 PM] Andrew Hellershanks: or less
[12:03 PM] Dahlia Trimble: a little better in imprudence
[12:03 PM] Teravus Ousley: so the ones with the most collisions end up at the top. With physics, collisions are where most of the CPU is spent
[12:03 PM] Andrew Hellershanks: ok, thanks. Its another "project" to work on.
[12:04 PM] Andrew Hellershanks: About a 100 or so
[12:04 PM] Teravus Ousley: OK, probably time for me to get to work. Thanks for coming and I'll see you later.
[12:04 PM] Richardus Raymaker: hard to build some shapes without colliders
[12:04 PM] Dahlia Trimble: eeeks work
[12:04 PM] Dahlia Trimble: me too :(
[12:05 PM] Richardus Raymaker: bye dahlia
[12:05 PM] Dahlia Trimble: bye all, happy new year
[12:05 PM] Nebadon Izumi: i need food, havent eaten yet today
[12:05 PM] Andrew Hellershanks: 3pm already?
[12:05 PM] Nebadon Izumi: ya everyone have a great holiday
[12:05 PM] Nebadon Izumi: be safe, have fun :)
[12:05 PM] Nebadon Izumi: ya good meeting, thanks for coming everyone
[12:06 PM] Teravus Ousley is Offline
[12:06 PM] Andrew Hellershanks: I'm going to head out. I want to check on a document file that is crashing my PDA when I try and open it.
[12:06 PM] Dahlia Trimble is Offline
[12:07 PM] Andrew Hellershanks wishes everyone a safe and happy (remainder of) holidays
[12:07 PM] Richardus Raymaker: whats the impact if you run 2 users with different mono ?
[12:07 PM] Richardus Raymaker: ok. bye all
[12:07 PM] jazzy chatterbox: bye everyone and happy holidays to you too

Personal tools
About This Wiki