Chat log from the meeting on 2010-11-23

From OpenSimulator

Jump to: navigation, search

[10:59 AM] tx Oh: huhu, nebadon. do you have a premium linden grid account? i have some l$ i would like to donate but i can't get the money out of there..
[11:00 AM] Richardus Raymaker: aww. no other way to. basic cant transfer money ? for me it works fine but i dont use LL money system for transfer
[11:01 AM] Tasha Violet is Offline
[11:01 AM] tx Oh: no, with a basic account you can't get it out
[11:02 AM] Richardus Raymaker: aha. i use difefrent bank to tranfer money. thats then why it works for me
[11:02 AM] Richardus Raymaker: different
[11:03 AM] Justin Clark-Casey is Online
[11:03 AM] tx Oh: huhu jcc
[11:03 AM] Justin Clark-Casey: hello tx, folks
[11:04 AM] Richardus Raymaker: hello justin
[11:04 AM] Key Gruin is Online
[11:04 AM] Tasha Violet is Online
[11:04 AM] tx Oh: i still have your master thesis pdf open and didn't found the time to continue reading :-( page 14
[11:05 AM] Justin Clark-Casey: tx: :) it is long
[11:05 AM] tx Oh: 79 pages.. and it's written well.
[11:05 AM] Justin Clark-Casey: thanks
[11:06 AM] tx Oh: ok, the first pages.. :-)
[11:06 AM] Richardus Raymaker: nobody here that installed suse on software raid ? it works. until i pull drive 1 out and try to start :(
[11:07 AM] Justin Clark-Casey: quiet today
[11:07 AM] Richardus Raymaker: Hardware raid. more. because there's no controler. or no support. or the say sorry. its no server board no support
[11:07 AM] Richardus Raymaker: software raid is easy, as long you dont try to boat from2e or 3e drive
[11:07 AM] tx Oh: hardware raid is cool. well, depends on the controler you use. but...
[11:08 AM] tx Oh: no, never try to boot from exotica.
[11:08 AM] Richardus Raymaker: its more problem with support tx. many seems not to support really normal desktop mainboard. so its 50/50
[11:08 AM] tx Oh: i swear on mylex
[11:08 AM] Richardus Raymaker: im pretty close. i see GRUB message. thats all :)
[11:09 AM] AEH Solo is Online
[11:09 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: I only have the free account on SL and I've gotten money out of there.
[11:10 AM] tx Oh: when i login to opensim i'm a cloud. why is that? some say it's hair or eye texture. how can that be?
[11:10 AM] tx Oh: how did you get money out of linden grid?
[11:10 AM] Nebadon Izumi: hello everyone
[11:10 AM] Justin Clark-Casey: more appearance code changes are on the way
[11:11 AM] Justin Clark-Casey: hi nebadon
[11:11 AM] Nebadon Izumi: sorry i was on differnt screen
[11:11 AM] Richardus Raymaker: hi nebadon, wb
[11:11 AM] Nalates Urriah: Oddly changing you hair often solves the av rez problem. Which viewer are you using, tx?
[11:11 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: tx: easy. Converted L$ to US$ then sent it to paypal account
[11:11 AM] tx Oh: imprudence
[11:11 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: Then transferred from paypal to bank account.
[11:11 AM] tx Oh: i can't it tells me it's only possible with premium accounts
[11:11 AM] Nalates Urriah: Yeah, I usualy change my 'bald' in Imprudence and the av renders.
[11:11 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: You lose quite a bit along the way.
[11:12 AM] Pixel Tomsen is Online
[11:12 AM] Richardus Raymaker: in europe there's other bank system that can be used.
[11:12 AM] Nebadon Izumi: so hows everyone doing
[11:12 AM] Nebadon Izumi: ive been crazy busy the last few days havent had much time
[11:12 AM] Nalates Urriah: Good Nebadon...
[11:12 AM] Justin Clark-Casey: Not enjoying being in vampire mode
[11:12 AM] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: working?
[11:12 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: L$ to US$ exchange rate, 1$ to send to paypal, fee to receive funds in paypal, paypals exchange rate to my local currency.
[11:12 AM] Nebadon Izumi: heh ya i saw you were up late last night
[11:12 AM] Richardus Raymaker: andrew. its more usefull to pull linden then bring lindens to SL its around 100L$ difference last time
[11:12 AM] tx Oh: i hope you where busy with recreation
[11:12 AM] Nebadon Izumi: ya organizing some of the grid stuff
[11:12 AM] Nebadon Izumi: non fun things
[11:13 AM] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: I get up and there's about 1.5 hours of light, then it's dark and I go to bed when it starts getting light again
[11:13 AM] Nebadon Izumi: making spreadsheets going over finances etc..
[11:13 AM] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: man, serious business :)
[11:13 AM] Richardus Raymaker: the bad paperwork.
[11:13 AM] Nebadon Izumi: i made a spreadsheet of all the donations
[11:13 AM] Nebadon Izumi: broken down by date and person etc..
[11:13 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: Richardus, i put $10US in to SL in the beginning and that was it. Ive got a lot more L$ since then.
[11:13 AM] Nebadon Izumi: all the way back to 2009
[11:13 AM] Nebadon Izumi: i had to go through about 1300 emails
[11:14 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: got -> earned
[11:14 AM] Nebadon Izumi: copying and pasting stuff into spreadsheet
[11:14 AM] Justin Clark-Casey: woah
[11:14 AM] Nebadon Izumi: man it was horrible
[11:14 AM] Richardus Raymaker: nice work andrew :)
[11:14 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: No one place where the info was listed, nebadon?
[11:14 AM] Nebadon Izumi: no
[11:14 AM] Nebadon Izumi: paypal sucks
[11:15 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: you need a donation thing that records the donations in a db
[11:15 AM] Richardus Raymaker: did paypal not have expert function ? (dont solve copy & paste actions)
[11:15 AM] tx Oh: yes, donations was my topic, too. can i donate you l$ ?
[11:15 AM] Richardus Raymaker: expert = export
[11:15 AM] Nebadon Izumi: we dont have any way to accept L$ donations
[11:16 AM] Nebadon Izumi: not really sure i want to rely on Linden systems for donations honestly
[11:16 AM] tx Oh: hmmm.. but i don't get it outa there
[11:16 AM] Richardus Raymaker: hi friendly
[11:16 AM] tx Oh: huhu
[11:16 AM] Friendly Harbour: hello everyone :)
[11:16 AM] Nebadon Izumi: i dont want to have to maintain a 10$ a month subscription to LL
[11:17 AM] Nebadon Izumi: to accept donations
[11:17 AM] Friendly Harbour: i feel like i am drowning in lag today
[11:17 AM] Justin Clark-Casey: any issue with logins? I don't seem to be able to login my alt, which I haven't tried to login for some time
[11:17 AM] Nebadon Izumi: hmm not that i know of
[11:17 AM] Nebadon Izumi: any errors Justin?
[11:17 AM] Richardus Raymaker: you life in the wrong country then for L$ transfer :O
[11:17 AM] tx Oh: oh, there was another person on #osgrid who didn't got in with a long time unused avi
[11:17 AM] Justin Clark-Casey: ah np,. I think I've got to update my login uri on this box
[11:18 AM] Justin Clark-Casey: probably my fault
[11:18 AM] tx Oh: sonya..
[11:18 AM] Nalates Urriah: I had login probs this morning. But it was likely my viewer.
[11:18 AM] Nebadon Izumi: i know a few peoples who inventories got whacked couldnt log in anymore
[11:18 AM] Nebadon Izumi: i still need to get the restore functions working again
[11:18 AM] Justin Clark-Casey: ah,. that's better
[11:18 AM] Nebadon Izumi: i'll have to check with dave
[11:19 AM] Friendly Harbour: test
[11:19 AM] Friendly Harbour: 1
[11:19 AM] Friendly Harbour: 2
[11:19 AM] Friendly Harbour: 3
[11:19 AM] Richardus Raymaker: any progress with bugs ?
[11:19 AM] Richardus Raymaker: 3
[11:19 AM] tx Oh: 4
[11:19 AM] Richardus Raymaker: 2
[11:19 AM] Richardus Raymaker: 1test
[11:19 AM] Friendly Harbour: hmmm ... seems chat lag is less again
[11:19 AM] Justin Clark-Casey: lol
[11:19 AM] Nebadon Izumi: i see we still have a few gas clouds
[11:19 AM] Justin Clark-Casey: 1 bug gets hit and another 1 is introduced :)
[11:19 AM] Friendly Harbour: sorry, i had almost 1 min from i typed the first hello until i saw it in chat
[11:19 AM] Nebadon Izumi: guess we still need to work on that a little bit
[11:19 AM] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: mic is still working on appearance code
[11:20 AM] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[11:20 AM] Richardus Raymaker: yes the are on lbsa still to the clouds
[11:20 AM] Nebadon Izumi: i'll see if i can hunt him down for some more patches
[11:20 AM] Justin Clark-Casey: hopeuflly we should see something soon
[11:20 AM] Richardus Raymaker: others get still upset from the hick move under linux
[11:20 AM] tx Oh: nalates is a cloud :-)
[11:20 AM] Nebadon Izumi: your a cloud to me also tx
[11:20 AM] Richardus Raymaker: your a cloud to tx
[11:20 AM] Justin Clark-Casey: there's a band on lbsa....
[11:21 AM] Nebadon Izumi: just you and nalates
[11:21 AM] Nebadon Izumi: a band?
[11:21 AM] Richardus Raymaker: same here
[11:21 AM] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[11:21 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: Tx, log in to your SL account, click your name in the corner of the screen, then on left hand side under Linden Exchange click Manage below where it shows you your L$ balance. You will get a set of links with one of them being sell L$
[11:21 AM] Justin Clark-Casey: lol, that's pretty cool :)
[11:21 AM] tx Oh: i like to have a mirror to check myself if i turn into a cloud
[11:22 AM] Justin Clark-Casey: hmm, if intel wants to do a real-world load test they should take a look at lbsa :)
[11:22 AM] Richardus Raymaker: tx, walk to nalands and look. there's your mirror
[11:22 AM] Nalates Urriah: I was a cloud coing in. I had to change appearance once to rez for my self. tx is a cloud but others have rez'd
[11:22 AM] Nebadon Izumi: heh ya
[11:22 AM] Nebadon Izumi: actually Justin that is where i test Mics patches
[11:22 AM] Nebadon Izumi: Lbsa ran his patches for about 3 days before they hit core
[11:22 AM] Justin Clark-Casey: cool
[11:23 AM] Richardus Raymaker: where's everybody btw ? hunting turkey's ?
[11:23 AM] tx Oh: andrew, i will try
[11:23 AM] Justin Clark-Casey: I'm guessing :)
[11:23 AM] Nebadon Izumi: ya probably heading to relatives for the holidays or something
[11:24 AM] Justin Clark-Casey: any interesting things going on with the code in the latest osgrid release?
[11:24 AM] Mike Schaefer is Online
[11:24 AM] Richardus Raymaker: still fighting with new server install & raid. so not done much.
[11:24 AM] Nebadon Izumi: the last thing i was focusing on was the cloud issue
[11:25 AM] Nebadon Izumi: Mics stuff did improve the situtation a bit
[11:25 AM] Richardus Raymaker: some people still upset by bugs.
[11:25 AM] Nebadon Izumi: still a few people seem cloudy though, hopefully we can get that wrapped up soon
[11:25 AM] Nebadon Izumi: i might have to give Freeswitch a go again on the plazas
[11:25 AM] Richardus Raymaker: what did you do tx, your no cloud
[11:25 AM] Nebadon Izumi: get some voice going again maybe
[11:25 AM] Justin Clark-Casey: yes - it's a complex problems
[11:26 AM] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: with the changes that melanie made?
[11:26 AM] tx Oh: i got some of the changed event fixed..
[11:26 AM] Nebadon Izumi: ya i havent really had a chance to look at what she did yet
[11:26 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: tx, you could also use a different exchange system such as the Virwox Exchange ( Its been a while since I've pulled money out of SL.
[11:26 AM] Nebadon Izumi: but might be worth giving it a shot
[11:26 AM] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: from a skim, I think she has changed things a lot
[11:27 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: tx, I saw that. Thanks for those changes.
[11:27 AM] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[11:27 AM] Nebadon Izumi: diva and andrew and myself tried week or 2 ago to get it working
[11:27 AM] Nebadon Izumi: and got really stuck
[11:27 AM] Nebadon Izumi: might have to give it another shot now, see if things are improved
[11:27 AM] Nebadon Izumi: not sure if anyone else has tried it yet
[11:27 AM] Justin Clark-Casey: I find it rather galling that the mumble stuff hasn't been released, after the hype around it
[11:27 AM] tx Oh: well, not a big thing. but i don't like to set a timer event just because CHANGED_REGION_RESTART didn't worked :-)
[11:28 AM] Nebadon Izumi: ya that is odd for sure
[11:28 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: yeah, I've given up on getting voice working properly in 0.6.9 although I though it worked at one point. I'm now giving up on voice in 069 and am waiting until I update to 0.7
[11:28 AM] Nebadon Izumi: not sure what happened with that
[11:28 AM] Nebadon Izumi: the biggest downside of that though was that it was Windows only
[11:28 AM] Justin Clark-Casey: tx: Marck has just been made a committer - I think he's starting to look at those patches that I just kept leaving :)
[11:28 AM] Tasha Violet is Offline
[11:28 AM] tx Oh: we should trigger volker to release the source of mumble
[11:28 AM] Nebadon Izumi: and that it also breaks compatibilty with the standard voice system
[11:28 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: Too bad mumble did use an api that was compatible wtih SLVioice
[11:28 AM] tx Oh: yes, he do well
[11:29 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: didn't use
[11:29 AM] Nebadon Izumi: i heard that imprudence guys were working on incorporating the realxtend mumble stuff into the viewer
[11:29 AM] Nebadon Izumi: but also heard its kind of on the back burner
[11:29 AM] Nebadon Izumi: as they work out other stuff
[11:29 AM] Justin Clark-Casey: like us, I'm sure they have way more stuff than they can handle
[11:29 AM] Nebadon Izumi: ya no doubt
[11:29 AM] Andrew Hellershanks nods
[11:29 AM] Justin Clark-Casey: it looks like the realxtend ppl are changing their focus off opensim, they've starting doing their own server
[11:30 AM] Richardus Raymaker: hmmm. seems the have enough time
[11:30 AM] tx Oh: well, i don't care about voice chat compatibility. i guess imprudence is happy to support mumble/whisper
[11:30 AM] Nebadon Izumi: ya ive not payed attention to realxtend stuff at all
[11:30 AM] Nebadon Izumi: i found it a bit complicated to get involved
[11:30 AM] Justin Clark-Casey: complicated?
[11:30 AM] Nebadon Izumi: i never had much luck getting their stuff working
[11:30 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: Like trying to get involved in OS. :-)
[11:30 AM] Justin Clark-Casey: andrew: heh, good poitn :)
[11:30 AM] Nebadon Izumi: well atleast with opensim i could get it running
[11:31 AM] Nebadon Izumi: with realxtend it always just crashed within a few minutes
[11:31 AM] Justin Clark-Casey: sometimes I do wonder if ppl even care about that though
[11:31 AM] Nebadon Izumi: or i couldnt even get it to work at all
[11:31 AM] tx Oh: the thing is, that freeswitch didn't really supports spatial sound but this makes it more immersive
[11:31 AM] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: yeah, I find it amazing they can keep putting man hours in without much apparant result, but maybe they're using it privately in their own projects
[11:31 AM] Nebadon Izumi: ya possibly
[11:32 AM] Nebadon Izumi: its going to be hard to compete with the LL mesh viewer now
[11:32 AM] Nebadon Izumi: and things like Unity3D
[11:32 AM] Justin Clark-Casey: teravus been around at all? have linden changed anything on the mesh front?
[11:32 AM] Richardus Raymaker: dont know, still waiting for a good sl2 viewer. must have very much patience :)
[11:33 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: The LL mesh viewer is supposed to be open source so a tpv will be able to include mesh support eventually
[11:33 AM] Justin Clark-Casey: kokua are planning to shift to the viewer 2 codebase, which makes sense to me
[11:33 AM] Nalates Urriah: Kirsten said the KLV 21 will have mesh render support but no upload.
[11:33 AM] Pixel Tomsen is Offline
[11:33 AM] Richardus Raymaker: imprudence is working on it i think. but lots of work. best one i have seen is kirsten. problem not stable
[11:33 AM] tx Oh: it is LGPL and i usualy run a self compiled version, which can't upload meshes yet
[11:34 AM] Nebadon Izumi: I heard teravus was moving
[11:34 AM] Nebadon Izumi: i think thats what diva said
[11:34 AM] tx Oh: kokua sadly didn't start on mesh codebase
[11:34 AM] Nebadon Izumi: i hadnt heard that from him directly though
[11:35 AM] Justin Clark-Casey: yeah, he was moving
[11:35 AM] Justin Clark-Casey: maybe he's back in work :)
[11:35 AM] Nebadon Izumi: LL has changed the mesh interface a little
[11:35 AM] Nebadon Izumi: mostly just UI changes
[11:35 AM] Nebadon Izumi: functionality remains about the same
[11:35 AM] Nebadon Izumi: some slight improvements
[11:35 AM] Nebadon Izumi: there is a daily build you can download
[11:35 AM] Justin Clark-Casey: ok - I hear there are still many things missing on the client side
[11:35 AM] Nebadon Izumi: with the latest and greatest
[11:35 AM] Tasha Violet is Online
[11:36 AM] Nalates Urriah: There is a daily build of the Mesh Project viewer?
[11:36 AM] Nebadon Izumi:
[11:36 AM] tx Oh: the upload of meshes by the lindens binary uses a havoc lib, thats why upload didn't work from source repo
[11:36 AM] Nalates Urriah: TY
[11:36 AM] Nebadon Izumi: ya im not sure what the status of the opensource libs for that funtionality is
[11:36 AM] Nebadon Izumi: but the openmetaverse guys made it sound like it wasnt really going to be a problem
[11:37 AM] tx Oh: me neither, i was busy with osgrid :-)
[11:37 AM] Nebadon Izumi: they are probably waiting for the imprudence team or some of the other viewer devs to start working on the mesh branch
[11:37 AM] Justin Clark-Casey: :) haven't seen jhurliman around for ages
[11:37 AM] Nebadon Izumi: its a ways off
[11:37 AM] Nebadon Izumi: ya me either
[11:37 AM] Nebadon Izumi: i doubt were going to see jhurliman working on core directly anymore
[11:38 AM] Justin Clark-Casey: why not?
[11:38 AM] Nebadon Izumi: he seems hell bent on fortis
[11:38 AM] Nebadon Izumi: if we do see patches from him they will be pulled from fortis pretty much
[11:38 AM] Richardus Raymaker: fortis ?
[11:38 AM] tx Oh: i think a lot of people get attracted by the aurora halo
[11:38 AM] Nebadon Izumi: ya its the OpenMetaverse version of opensim
[11:38 AM] Richardus Raymaker: hi dahlia
[11:38 AM] Dahlia Trimble: hi
[11:39 AM] Dahlia Trimble: cant get my appearance to work :(
[11:39 AM] Justin Clark-Casey: what makes you say that? there is virtually no public acitivity in the fortis repository
[11:39 AM] Dahlia Trimble: aurora maybe?
[11:39 AM] Nebadon Izumi: ya i dont know much about Aurora, becase of the viewer taint potential im staying away from it
[11:39 AM] Nebadon Izumi: mostly just what hes Said justin
[11:39 AM] Justin Clark-Casey: aurora is mostly rev completely rewriting everything :)
[11:39 AM] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[11:39 AM] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: ok - it just seems there's more rumour about than fact sometimes
[11:39 AM] Nebadon Izumi: its like 99% revolution at the moment
[11:40 AM] Dahlia Trimble: who are we discussing?
[11:40 AM] Nebadon Izumi: jhurliman and fortis dahlia
[11:40 AM] Nebadon Izumi: just that hes not been very visible in any core development lately
[11:40 AM] Richardus Raymaker: besides some small problems and bugs 0.7 is sofar i see stable
[11:41 AM] Richardus Raymaker: better then 0.69
[11:41 AM] Nebadon Izumi: ya i agree
[11:41 AM] Nebadon Izumi: few things could use some work still but overall 0.7 is much better
[11:41 AM] Justin Clark-Casey: intel did a good amount of perofmrnace work
[11:41 AM] Dahlia Trimble: havent seen hurli working on anything opensim related lately
[11:41 AM] Nebadon Izumi: mostly just the avatar appearance stuff
[11:41 AM] tx Oh: yepp, and some bugs can be fixed
[11:41 AM] Richardus Raymaker: ya, wish people see the good side more
[11:41 AM] Justin Clark-Casey: heh
[11:41 AM] tx Oh: my problem is, that the mono debugger sucks with processes
[11:42 AM] Nebadon Izumi: ya i really dont know whats up with jhurliman, I do know though that mic seems content with sticking with core
[11:42 AM] Nebadon Izumi: ive not really heard mic say anything about fortis
[11:42 AM] Justin Clark-Casey: well, fortis was always meant to be just a downstream distro
[11:42 AM] Nebadon Izumi: well i dunno
[11:42 AM] Nebadon Izumi: it could go either way
[11:43 AM] Nebadon Izumi: they have also talked about letting viewer devs contribute etc..
[11:43 AM] Justin Clark-Casey: well, opensim will go that way eventually
[11:43 AM] Dahlia Trimble: eventually :)
[11:43 AM] Nebadon Izumi: ya we really need to do that soon for sure
[11:43 AM] Justin Clark-Casey: when we finally sort out an organization
[11:43 AM] Justin Clark-Casey: I agree
[11:43 AM] Nebadon Izumi: before things diverge too far
[11:43 AM] Nalates Urriah: What is the deal with Viewer Dev's not being able to contribute to sim software?
[11:44 AM] Mike Schaefer is Offline
[11:44 AM] tx Oh: while the new viewer code is lgpl it should be possible with no problems. in any case it would be wise to talk to the FSF people how to deal with it.
[11:44 AM] Nebadon Izumi: btw ive spoke to Adam
[11:44 AM] Justin Clark-Casey: nalates: there is a 6 month barrier between looking at gpl viewer code and opensim to prevent any worries about derivative works
[11:44 AM] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: oh, he's still alive? ;)
[11:44 AM] tx Oh: adam is still alive?
[11:44 AM] Nebadon Izumi: and its very possible that Adam is going to be getting more involved pretty soon
[11:44 AM] Justin Clark-Casey: lol
[11:44 AM] Nebadon Izumi: yes
[11:44 AM] tx Oh: haha, same question
[11:45 AM] Nalates Urriah: ty Justin
[11:45 AM] Nebadon Izumi: im going to try to get in touch with him again later tonight
[11:45 AM] Nebadon Izumi: see whats up
[11:45 AM] Nebadon Izumi: but he seems very interested in picking things up again
[11:45 AM] Justin Clark-Casey: I would have thought they're still busy on their music virtual environment
[11:45 AM] Justin Clark-Casey: which is unity based, I bleieve
[11:45 AM] Nebadon Izumi: they probably are, but i think they had much bigger projects going on
[11:45 AM] AEH Solo is Offline
[11:45 AM] Inuyasha Kagome is Offline
[11:46 AM] Dahlia Trimble: he had some virtual world contract going on, cant really remember the details
[11:46 AM] AEH Solo is Online
[11:46 AM] Nebadon Izumi: he mentioned he has a big contract thats coming to an end
[11:46 AM] Nebadon Izumi: and he'll actually have alot more time
[11:46 AM] Nebadon Izumi: ya gojiyo
[11:47 AM] Dahlia Trimble: sounds like it
[11:47 AM] Nebadon Izumi: that VW based out of india
[11:47 AM] Nebadon Izumi: he also mentioned one of his PCs died
[11:47 AM] Nebadon Izumi: tahts why he hasnt been on IRC
[11:47 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: for just a second I flashed on the VW reference being about a car
[11:47 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: :-)
[11:47 AM] Justin Clark-Casey grins
[11:47 AM] Nebadon Izumi: hes working on getting the machine rebuilt so he can get back onto IRC be more available there
[11:47 AM] Dahlia Trimble: did something change recently with osgrid? I cant seem to get to my regions but they look like they come up ok and I havent changed anything
[11:48 AM] Justin Clark-Casey: that looks like its unity based too
[11:48 AM] Dahlia Trimble: did services migrate?
[11:48 AM] Nebadon Izumi: few weeks ago Dahlia
[11:48 AM] Richardus Raymaker: you did the 2e bump if im correct dahlia ?
[11:48 AM] Dahlia Trimble: not sure
[11:48 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: There was a mandatory update to the code
[11:48 AM] Dahlia Trimble: couple weeks ago?
[11:48 AM] Dahlia Trimble: kk I need to update
[11:48 AM] Richardus Raymaker: yup
[11:48 AM] Nebadon Izumi: ya what was it the 9th?
[11:48 AM] Nebadon Izumi: i think
[11:48 AM] Justin Clark-Casey: dahlia, where have you been? :)
[11:49 AM] Dahlia Trimble: lol
[11:49 AM] Dahlia Trimble: in another world :)
[11:49 AM] Justin Clark-Casey: heh
[11:49 AM] Dahlia Trimble: mostly hacking on a standalone
[11:49 AM] Justin Clark-Casey: oh cool, doing anything interesting?
[11:49 AM] Dahlia Trimble: not really, playing around with mesh a bit
[11:49 AM] Nebadon Izumi: nice
[11:49 AM] Nebadon Izumi: how is that going?
[11:49 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: I'd like to get back to hacking on OS but have too many things still on my plate
[11:49 AM] Dahlia Trimble: have a pretty good looking avatar
[11:49 AM] Justin Clark-Casey: yes, I was just wondering earlier how mesh was getting on in the linden side
[11:50 AM] Justin Clark-Casey: andrew: real life?
[11:50 AM] tx Oh: andrew, finish your things and start with opensim :-)
[11:50 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: justin, not too much RL stuff although with Christmas just around the corner, there are things I need to start doing for that.
[11:50 AM] Justin Clark-Casey: oh god yes
[11:50 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: I need to get Christmas cards mailed out for one.
[11:51 AM] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: going to put a tree in lbsa? :)
[11:51 AM] Nebadon Izumi: ya i was thinking about doing something for christmas
[11:51 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: tx, I need to finish work on osprofile. Its been 1 step forward and 1 or 2 back. Right now I've gone back. Some things that were working have stopped working (just when I thought I was about done)
[11:51 AM] Richardus Raymaker: in the center of lbsa justin <grin>
[11:51 AM] Nebadon Izumi: i need to dig out the decorations
[11:51 AM] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[11:51 AM] tx Oh: yeah, i can't get the picks tab loaded from my regions
[11:52 AM] Nebadon Izumi: i did post new dlls on the website
[11:52 AM] Nebadon Izumi: with the last release
[11:52 AM] Richardus Raymaker: we have a picks tab ?
[11:52 AM] Nebadon Izumi: i updated ossearch and osprofiles from their svns
[11:52 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: tx, the main ProfileURL and avatar interests have stopped and I don't yet know why.
[11:52 AM] Nebadon Izumi: and recompiled the dlls
[11:52 AM] Richardus Raymaker: newer then when we die bump to 0.7 ?
[11:52 AM] tx Oh: yes, look at my profile. works nice here
[11:52 AM] Dahlia Trimble: so is osgrid compatable with master now?
[11:52 AM] Nebadon Izumi: and updated the website php
[11:52 AM] Nebadon Izumi: ya so grab the new dlls
[11:52 AM] Nebadon Izumi:
[11:53 AM] Nebadon Izumi: that should help
[11:53 AM] tx Oh: neb, i will try that :-p
[11:53 AM] Nebadon Izumi: i meant to twitter that and totally forgot
[11:53 AM] Nebadon Izumi: to much going on
[11:53 AM] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[11:53 AM] Richardus Raymaker: how about the trash ?
[11:53 AM] Nebadon Izumi: not sure Richardus gonna need to ask coyled what he thinks on that
[11:54 AM] Nebadon Izumi: ill see if i can figure out where that stands later
[11:54 AM] Nebadon Izumi: right now im just not sure
[11:54 AM] Richardus Raymaker: ok. then we know people need to wait a bit longer
[11:54 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: nebadon, I should have you send me copies of the profile.php and module code you are using so I can check which version is used here that is working. It might help me figure out what's changed.
[11:54 AM] Nebadon Izumi: ive been so busy with this spreadsheet hell last few days
[11:54 AM] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[11:54 AM] Nebadon Izumi: ok i think im running the current svn for everything Andrew
[11:55 AM] Richardus Raymaker: you really need to relax nebadon
[11:55 AM] Nebadon Izumi: i just updated everything on the last OSgrid release
[11:55 AM] Nebadon Izumi: i pulled svn and uploaded everything to web too
[11:55 AM] Dahlia Trimble: are those dlls open source?
[11:55 AM] Nebadon Izumi: yes Dahlia
[11:55 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: Its nice when you can get the data in a text file that can be easily massaged with some Perl and/or global search/replace.
[11:55 AM] Nebadon Izumi: on forge
[11:55 AM] Nebadon Izumi:
[11:55 AM] Nebadon Izumi: osprofile and ossearch
[11:55 AM] Dahlia Trimble: whats the project name?
[11:55 AM] Dahlia Trimble: ty
[11:56 AM] tx Oh: oh, i have the same version of the dll (md5sum says)
[11:56 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: nebadon, Last time I asked, you weren't sure which version of the osprofile code you were using.
[11:56 AM] Nebadon Izumi: i should probably put a txt file in the download page
[11:56 AM] Nebadon Izumi: with svn links
[11:56 AM] Nebadon Izumi: to the osprofile and ossearch code
[11:56 AM] Nebadon Izumi: ya it was only a couple days ago Andrew
[11:56 AM] Nebadon Izumi: that i updated everything
[11:56 AM] Nebadon Izumi: someone mentioned to me they pulled ossearch and compiled it themselves
[11:56 AM] Nebadon Izumi: and things were working
[11:56 AM] Nebadon Izumi: but the dlls we provided were not working
[11:57 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: Dahlia, I even wrote an almost 250 line README file for ossearch. I will be doing something like that for osprofile soon.
[11:57 AM] Nebadon Izumi: so i decided to rebuild everything
[11:57 AM] Nebadon Izumi: and now it seems to be working
[11:57 AM] Dahlia Trimble: cool Andrew :)
[11:57 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: nebadon, I"m pretty sure the osprofile dll in trunk hasn't been updated yet
[11:57 AM] Nebadon Izumi: ok ya its possible i was using a bit older one
[11:57 AM] Nebadon Izumi: when i uipdated my local copy from the svn
[11:57 AM] Nebadon Izumi: there was updates i was missing
[11:58 AM] Nebadon Izumi: for the cs and php
[11:58 AM] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: btw, I might get an opportunity to try the ode 11.5 upgrade soon
[11:58 AM] Nebadon Izumi: awesome Justincc
[11:58 AM] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: it works with a few custom tweaks, right?
[11:58 AM] Nebadon Izumi: anything i can do to help with that let me know
[11:58 AM] Nebadon Izumi: yes
[11:58 AM] Nebadon Izumi: i still have notes posted on my site
[11:58 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: nebadon, I think there is at least one change I still need to make in the profile module code to fix a variable that might not get set before first use in certain situations
[11:58 AM] tx Oh: btw, my name is to short for people search
[11:58 AM] Nebadon Izumi: one thing we will need to figure out Justin
[11:58 AM] Nebadon Izumi: is how to detect x64 in windows
[11:58 AM] Nebadon Izumi: and have 2 dlls
[11:58 AM] Dahlia Trimble: anyone heard from Teravus lately?
[11:58 AM] tx Oh: no one will ever find me
[11:58 AM] Nebadon Izumi: ode.dll and ode64.dll
[11:58 AM] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: cool - I don't have time yet but it's on my radar - I have a problem with very occasional ode crashes and i want to see if 11.5 improves things
[11:59 AM] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: ok, I'#ll bear that in mind
[11:59 AM] Andrew Hellershanks: tx, nice way to hide. :-) That is a problem. Search strings have to be at least 3 characters long IIRC
[11:59 AM] Nebadon Izumi: heh ya i noticed that tx Oh
[11:59 AM] Richardus Raymaker: detect windows version at wich point in c# ?
[11:59 AM] Nebadon Izumi: Richardus yes
[11:59 AM] Nebadon Izumi: we already do it for linux
[11:59 AM] Nebadon Izumi: so it wont be a huge strech
[12:00 PM] Nebadon Izumi: we just need to figure out the signature windows uses that we can use to find if its x86 or x64
[12:00 PM] Dahlia Trimble: you were able to compile for 64 bit on windows?
[12:00 PM] Dahlia Trimble: ODE?
[12:00 PM] tx Oh: the search should have a simple syntax and sould OR the terms but AND them..
[12:01 PM] Nebadon Izumi: yes Dahlia
[12:01 PM] Nebadon Izumi: 1 sec
[12:01 PM] Dahlia Trimble: cool
[12:01 PM] Tasha Violet is Offline
[12:01 PM] Andrew Hellershanks: Aren't there still some known issues when using OS on 64-bit machines?
[12:01 PM] Nebadon Izumi:
[12:01 PM] Nebadon Izumi: here is all my ODE goodies
[12:01 PM] Dahlia Trimble: still have OpenJpeg tho
[12:01 PM] Justin Clark-Casey: huh? I thought that was meant to be the thing we couldn't do :) (hence the need for OpenSim.32bitLaunch.exe
[12:01 PM] Dahlia Trimble: ty
[12:01 PM] Richardus Raymaker: i hope this usefull nebadon
[12:01 PM] Nebadon Izumi: i suspect sqlite and openjpeg are not an issue
[12:02 PM] Nebadon Izumi: the new sqlite is supposed to work in x64
[12:02 PM] Nebadon Izumi: i think
[12:02 PM] Nebadon Izumi: i think ODE is the only remaining thing holding us back from x64 on windows
[12:02 PM] Dahlia Trimble: openjpeg and sqlite are always an issue whether 64 bit or not lol
[12:02 PM] Nebadon Izumi: ya lol
[12:02 PM] Justin Clark-Casey: new sqlite - you mean Teravus' interface to the native version?
[12:02 PM] Andrew Hellershanks laughs
[12:02 PM] Justin Clark-Casey: I mean, the one written in pure clr/c#
[12:02 PM] Nebadon Izumi: no the one you and diva did justin
[12:02 PM] Nebadon Izumi: but ya maybe
[12:02 PM] Justin Clark-Casey: oh, mmm
[12:02 PM] Nebadon Izumi: i honestly dont know
[12:03 PM] Nebadon Izumi: Diva said she didnt think sqlite was a problem
[12:03 PM] Justin Clark-Casey: well, that's another thing that needs to be looked at
[12:03 PM] Nebadon Izumi: we'll have to ask her what she meant
[12:03 PM] Dahlia Trimble: hmmm something may be borked with my inventory or something, I cant wear anything cause I get "cant change appearance until clothing and shape are loaded"
[12:03 PM] Justin Clark-Casey: anyway, thanks for the links. I'll come back to you about ode nearer the time, might not be until after xmas
[12:04 PM] Nebadon Izumi: ok great
[12:04 PM] Nebadon Izumi: im sure i'll have more time by then too
[12:04 PM] Richardus Raymaker: jusin, wich year ? :))
[12:04 PM] Justin Clark-Casey: cool
[12:04 PM] Justin Clark-Casey: richardus: lol
[12:04 PM] Andrew Hellershanks: Richadus, :-)
[12:05 PM] Justin Clark-Casey: ok, I need to go and get lunch. See you later folks. Have a good thanksgiving to those to whom that applies :)
[12:05 PM] Richardus Raymaker: bye justin
[12:05 PM] Andrew Hellershanks: See you later, justin
[12:05 PM] Justin Clark-Casey waves
[12:05 PM] Dahlia Trimble: bye all :)
[12:05 PM] Nalates Urriah: bye
[12:05 PM] Justin Clark-Casey is Offline
[12:06 PM] Andrew Hellershanks: I should get going shortly. Have some errands to run and cards to get
[12:06 PM] Richardus Raymaker: bye andrew
[12:06 PM] tx Oh: boah, christmas is one month ahead....
[12:07 PM] Andrew Hellershanks: I also have a family birthday about mid-way between now and Christmas
[12:07 PM] tx Oh: no need for panic
[12:07 PM] Andrew Hellershanks: Mailing deadlines are coming up fast
[12:07 PM] tx Oh: hehe, a friend of mine has birthday on december 23.
[12:08 PM] tx Oh: on 24 we are regulary chilled :-)
[12:08 PM] Nebadon Izumi: hwh
[12:08 PM] Nebadon Izumi: heh*
[12:08 PM] Nebadon Izumi: well good meeting guys, even though little light on attendance today
[12:08 PM] Nebadon Izumi: good stuff
[12:08 PM] Andrew Hellershanks: ok, see you next week.
[12:08 PM] Nebadon Izumi: sim held up well
[12:09 PM] Nebadon Izumi: one thing i had to do here was increase the cache tier
[12:09 PM] Andrew Hellershanks: yeah, its been good the last couple of meetings
[12:09 PM] Nebadon Izumi: ive been getting warnings about it running out of folders or something
[12:09 PM] Nebadon Izumi: so i increased the teir from 1 to 2
[12:09 PM] Gennifer Eros is Online
[12:09 PM] Nebadon Izumi: cleared out cache right before the meeting
[12:09 PM] Nebadon Izumi: seemed to run the same
[12:09 PM] Nebadon Izumi: hopefully less console warnings now
[12:10 PM] Richardus Raymaker: how can you decrease the warnings. i tried something with debug but it gace error.
[12:10 PM] tx Oh: i keep my fingers crossed
[12:10 PM] Andrew Hellershanks: bye, all.
[12:10 PM] Richardus Raymaker: bye andrew
[12:10 PM] Nebadon Izumi: there is a setting in FlotsamCache.ini
[12:10 PM] Nebadon Izumi: for tier
[12:11 PM] Nebadon Izumi: CacheDirectoryTiers = 2
[12:11 PM] Nebadon Izumi: the default is 1
[12:11 PM] Richardus Raymaker: sorry i mean comsole messages
[12:11 PM] Nebadon Izumi: oh
[12:11 PM] tx Oh: in the prebuild.xml you can change the Configuration name from Debug to Production
[12:11 PM] Nebadon Izumi: the best way is to use the OpenSim.exe.config
[12:11 PM] Nebadon Izumi: that i posted on downloads
[12:11 PM] Richardus Raymaker: cool, i have my raid working !
[12:12 PM] Richardus Raymaker: oops. sorry
[12:12 PM] Nalates Urriah: Bye bye... :)
[12:12 PM] Richardus Raymaker: bye nalates
[12:12 PM] tx Oh: bye Nalates
[12:12 PM] Nebadon Izumi:
[12:13 PM] Nebadon Izumi: you can change the logging in this file
[12:13 PM] Nebadon Izumi: the default is DEBUG
[12:13 PM] Nalates Urriah: ... now I can't tp :) oh well ... bye
[12:13 PM] Nebadon Izumi: you can change to INFO which is alot less on the console
[12:13 PM] Nebadon Izumi: or you can change to OFF
[12:13 PM] Nebadon Izumi: OFF is VERY quiet
[12:13 PM] Nebadon Izumi: literally no console logging
[12:14 PM] Gennifer Eros is Offline
[12:14 PM] Richardus Raymaker: ok
[12:15 PM] tx Oh: thats also nice :-)
[12:15 PM] tx Oh: ok, i have to go too
[12:15 PM] Nebadon Izumi: ok ya i should get going myself
[12:15 PM] tx Oh: i hope for more progress
[12:15 PM] Nebadon Izumi: have a nice day guys
[12:15 PM] tx Oh: :-)
[12:15 PM] Nebadon Izumi: ya me too :) see ya
[12:16 PM] Master Dubrovna: Bye
[12:16 PM] tx Oh: ahoi

Personal tools
About This Wiki