Chat log from the meeting on 2010-09-28

From OpenSimulator

Jump to: navigation, search

[18:05] iOs Developer: Not big for an Oblivian gate.. but big none the less.
[18:05] Penny Lane is Online
[18:05] Quilzie Xemax <3 bugs
[18:05] Richardus Raymaker: with 0.7 you have to enter master avatar & password. do you need to use some existing avvatar & password for that. because for that server i dont have the master avatar password. sofar i know.
[18:05] Ralf Schlegel: the cute rock monster with fire thing is gone!! so sad. ;-)
[18:05] Richardus Raymaker: hehe, thats much betetr now here
[18:06] Richardus Raymaker: Welcome nebadon
[18:06] Nebadon Izumi: hello
[18:06] Justin Clark-Casey: I thought master avatar and password had completely gone in 0.7
[18:06] Quilzie Xemax: Must be one of those bugs... I saw a prim dude floating on a bubble. No giant rock
[18:06] Justin Clark-Casey: hi nebadon
[18:06] Andrew Hellershanks: Jackek, you work on the Imprudence viewer?
[18:06] Jacek Antonelli: Yep
[18:06] Richardus Raymaker: yes. ok etstae manager. but its the same only you need to enter it on console
[18:06] Major Rasputin: Rich, do I still have it attached? I'm out here
[18:06] Richardus Raymaker: for me its gone
[18:06] Quilzie Xemax thinks everyone else is insane instead
[18:06] Andrew Hellershanks: Jackek, Good. I was told you were one of the people who might be able to help me with something I'm working on for the OS code.
[18:07] Major Rasputin: Thanks for the screenshot. Hgrhgr
[18:07] Major Rasputin: (sorry about that, anyone who saw that)
[18:07] Justin Clark-Casey: np
[18:07] Quilzie Xemax: Noone should have to see his giant rock..
[18:08] jerryjer Jewell: pretent not to have seen it :)
[18:08] Andrew Hellershanks: Jacek, I'm working on osprofile module for OS and need some information about messages passing between viewer and OS servers when you open the profile dialog
[18:08] Major Rasputin: Yeah. I'm not a slag :U
[18:08] Andrew Hellershanks: Major, only saw half of it as part of it was in the floow
[18:08] Andrew Hellershanks: floor
[18:08] Major Rasputin: Want to see all of it? :U
[18:09] Major Rasputin: I kid i kid
[18:09] Knightwolf Viper is Online
[18:09] Andrew Hellershanks: I might. I don't know what an oblivion gate is.
[18:09] Major Rasputin: Never played oblivion? o:
[18:09] Andrew Hellershanks: never heard of it
[18:09] Richardus Raymaker: both here
[18:10] Major Rasputin: :U
[18:11] Andrew Hellershanks: k, ty
[18:12] Nebadon Izumi: so whats going on, anyone here Testing 0.7.1 (dev) OpenSim?
[18:12] Jake Long: not me
[18:12] Nebadon Izumi: I am having trouble with scripts running
[18:12] Nebadon Izumi: I updated yesterday and now scripts are not running at all for me
[18:12] Richardus Raymaker: hmm, i use the 09-26 to
[18:13] Richardus Raymaker: seems my chairs worked fine after it
[18:13] Andrew Hellershanks: I haven't been testing 0.7 as I'm still looking at stuff to do with osprofile module
[18:13] Justin Clark-Casey: I'm on holiday really this week so I'm not paying much attention. Sounds odd though
[18:13] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: I presume that you told Melanie?
[18:13] Nebadon Izumi whispers: heh k Justin, having fun on vacation
[18:13] Nebadon Izumi: i told her late last night at like 4am
[18:13] Dahlia Trimble: hi :)
[18:13] Nebadon Izumi: but she didnt respond yet
[18:13] Justin Clark-Casey: hi dahlia
[18:13] Andrew Hellershanks: If I was on vacation I wouldn't be near a computer
[18:14] Justin Clark-Casey: yeah, I'm a little sick in the head :)
[18:14] Nebadon Izumi: im gonna play around with it a bit more today see if i can find the revision where it broke
[18:14] Justin Clark-Casey: k
[18:14] Nebadon Izumi: I was mostly just wondering if anyone else was experiencing it
[18:14] Andrew Hellershanks: Nebadon, wheee... you get to play with bisect again?
[18:14] Nebadon Izumi: hehe ya fun stuff
[18:14] Major Rasputin: Bisect?
[18:14] Nebadon Izumi: ya git bisect
[18:14] Andrew Hellershanks: git bisect
[18:14] Knightwolf Viper is Offline
[18:14] Nebadon Izumi: its for bug hunting
[18:15] Major Rasputin: you lost me at GIT
[18:15] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[18:15] Andrew Hellershanks: version control for the software
[18:15] Richardus Raymaker: you have scipt problems with 0.7 nebadon ?
[18:15] Richardus Raymaker: you can HG to my 0.7.1 region at home nebadon
[18:16] Nebadon Izumi: ya Richardus if you can update to git master
[18:16] Nebadon Izumi: and see if scripts still run
[18:16] Andrew Hellershanks: This happened in the last day or so?
[18:16] Nebadon Izumi: yes
[18:16] Richardus Raymaker: not much scripts running there :O as soon i found that difficult git line bvack i can update
[18:16] Nebadon Izumi: id say within the last 48 hours
[18:16] Nebadon Izumi: it shouldnt matter
[18:17] Nebadon Izumi: i have a sim with like 10 scripts
[18:17] Nebadon Izumi: none are working
[18:17] Andrew Hellershanks: I'm doing a pull now
[18:17] Richardus Raymaker: i need the right git line
[18:17] Nebadon Izumi: you can just go into your opensim root folder
[18:17] Nebadon Izumi: and do a "git pull"
[18:17] Nebadon Izumi: then recompile
[18:17] Penny Lane: Hiya Jacek :-)
[18:18] Richardus Raymaker: no, i always build new one. i dont do upgrades like that
[18:18] Penny Lane: Hey Justin. :-) Any news on matters of policy?
[18:18] Richardus Raymaker: found the line. so waiting for download
[18:19] Richardus Raymaker: hi penny
[18:19] Penny Lane: Hiya Rich :-)
[18:19] Nebadon Izumi: ok Richardus no problem
[18:19] Richardus Raymaker: downloading
[18:19] Nebadon Izumi: i usually do also
[18:19] Jacek Antonelli: Heya Penny
[18:19] WhiteStar Magic is Online
[18:19] Nebadon Izumi: but doing a git pull is also fine occasionally
[18:19] Penny Lane waves
[18:19] Richardus Raymaker: do you have a script for me that you use nebadon in notecard. so i can test the same
[18:19] Richardus Raymaker: hi jake
[18:19] Jake Long: yo rich
[18:19] Nebadon Izumi: any script Richardus
[18:19] Nebadon Izumi: i can send you something if you need though
[18:19] Richardus Raymaker: ok
[18:20] Andrew Hellershanks: Nebadon, I don't have any scripts in my 07 set up. Can I try it with the default script? If not I can copy/paste some scripts I have in another grid.
[18:20] Justin Clark-Casey: penny: discussions are ongoing but I don't think there are going to be any quick changes.
[18:20] Nebadon Izumi: i didnt try the default
[18:20] Nebadon Izumi: now i think about it
[18:20] Nebadon Izumi: i logged in last night to test a door script
[18:20] Nebadon Izumi: oh btw all rotating door scripts are broken
[18:20] Nebadon Izumi: alteast here in 0.6.9
[18:20] Penny Lane: JCC: Gah :-(
[18:20] Nebadon Izumi: i havent been able to test in 0.7 for the above mentioned reasons so far
[18:20] Richardus Raymaker: not mine nebadon. sofar i know. i go look
[18:20] Nebadon Izumi: but check this out
[18:21] Andrew Hellershanks: Hm...I'lll test with my door scripts
[18:21] Nebadon Izumi: see
[18:21] Nebadon Izumi: watch what happens when i link the door now
[18:22] Nebadon Izumi: see that
[18:22] Cuddles McCann: I have had that happen before... did you try resetting the scrips in the door after setting it in place?
[18:22] Quilzie Xemax: Eeek
[18:22] Nebadon Izumi: i have several differnt door scripts that do that
[18:22] Richardus Raymaker: yes i heared more about that problem
[18:22] Nebadon Izumi: when you link the door into prims the door shoots off
[18:22] Nebadon Izumi: its fine if you dont link it
[18:22] Major Rasputin: or if it's the root prim
[18:22] Teravus Ousley is Online
[18:22] Major Rasputin: well, with my doors anyway..
[18:23] Andrew Hellershanks: Neb, that was an old problem IIRC with door scripts
[18:24] Nebadon Izumi: k i didnt know about that problem until last night
[18:24] Teravus Ousley: viewer 1.19.1 ftw!
[18:24] Major Rasputin: o.o
[18:24] Nebadon Izumi: and thats what prompted me to realize that scripts are broken in 0.7 too
[18:24] Andrew Hellershanks: can't build here
[18:24] Nebadon Izumi: heh ya
[18:24] Richardus Raymaker: on my 09-26 version all scipted things seems to run fine also my door
[18:25] Nebadon Izumi: ok that sorta makes sense Richardus
[18:25] Nebadon Izumi: its sometime in the last 48 hours like i said
[18:25] Andrew Hellershanks: I've logged in to my 0.7 and am about to paste my door script
[18:25] Major Rasputin plays suspense music
[18:25] Nebadon Izumi: cool
[18:25] Richardus Raymaker: but i dont use 1 prim doors :O
[18:26] Richardus Raymaker: compileing 0.7 now
[18:26] Dave Coyle is Online
[18:26] Major Rasputin does some nearby testing
[18:27] Major Rasputin: that's interesting, my door script doesn't have the bug
[18:27] Major Rasputin: even if the script is non-root
[18:27] Nebadon Izumi: its a rotating door?
[18:27] Major Rasputin: yep
[18:27] Nebadon Izumi: sliding doors are not broken
[18:27] Nebadon Izumi: interesting
[18:27] Major Rasputin: well, llSetRot powered
[18:27] Nebadon Izumi: can you send me that script?
[18:27] Nebadon Izumi: id like to compare
[18:28] Nebadon Izumi: hey Dave
[18:28] Dave Coyle: hi
[18:28] Andrew Hellershanks: I always use 1 prim doors. Why waste a prim on a hinge
[18:28] Teravus Ousley: Hello!
[18:28] Andrew Hellershanks: Hey, Teravus.
[18:28] Major Rasputin gave you Door.
[18:28] Nebadon Izumi: cool thanks
[18:28] Nebadon Izumi: i will take a look after the meeting
[18:28] Andrew Hellershanks: Neb, Script saves and compile in 0.7 from git master but won't run.
[18:28] Nebadon Izumi: correct
[18:28] Major Rasputin: th object i'm testing it in is at 41, 117, 21
[18:28] Nebadon Izumi: ok thanks for confirming Andrew
[18:28] Nebadon Izumi: thats same issue i have
[18:28] Andrew Hellershanks: np
[18:29] Teravus Ousley: Question for everyone.. what's the most common viewer that you use with OpenSimulator?
[18:29] Nebadon Izumi: ok now i know im not crazy i can move forward
[18:29] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[18:29] Dave Coyle: imprudence
[18:29] Major Rasputin: Imprudence.
[18:29] Quilzie Xemax: Imprudence
[18:29] Mojito Sorbet: I see a lot of purple in the room
[18:29] Andrew Hellershanks: I don't know what is the most commonly used viewer. The one I use almost all the time is Hippo.
[18:29] Richardus Raymaker: Imprudence here
[18:29] Master Dubrovna: Imprudence
[18:29] Nebadon Izumi:
[18:29] Teravus Ousley: 5xImpurdence, 1xhipp0
[18:30] Teravus Ousley: we have 6 people here at this meeting apparently :)
[18:30] Nebadon Izumi: oh noes
[18:30] Andrew Hellershanks: I have a copy of 1.3.0-rc2 for linux of imprudence
[18:30] Nebadon Izumi: hippo is above imprudence
[18:30] Nebadon Izumi: wtf
[18:30] jerryjer Jewell: hippo :)
[18:30] iOs Developer: When I tied Hippo from linux, and another one.. when I went to map, the temrinal window kept looking like it was trying to access Secondlife's map images.
[18:30] Nebadon Izumi: thats wierd
[18:30] Major Rasputin: weird
[18:30] Mojito Sorbet: 10 people here runing Imp, 8, something else
[18:30] Nebadon Izumi: Imprudence has been ahead for weeks
[18:30] Major Rasputin: wierd*
[18:30] WhiteStar Magic: really , I see more that 6
[18:30] iOs Developer: I use Imprudence.. but HATE it.
[18:30] Richardus Raymaker: is there something changed between 0.7.1 and 0.7.2 with config ?
[18:30] Nebadon Izumi: heh why do you hate it?
[18:30] Major Rasputin: considering hippo is severely outdated and underfeatured as imprudence
[18:30] Teravus Ousley: I was just going by the number of people who responded to my question, haha
[18:31] jerryjer Jewell: for me it uses much more cpu power
[18:31] iOs Developer: Under linus it's slow, buggy, hangs on exit..
[18:31] WhiteStar Magic: with Experimental I see 18 Avatars in the count
[18:31] Nebadon Izumi: that might be OpenJPEG
[18:31] Richardus Raymaker: under linux imprudence rocks !
[18:31] Andrew Hellershanks: Major: depends what you want in a viewer. Hippo works fine for me.
[18:31] Major Rasputin: > implying linux is a good OS to use any viewer/VR platform in general
[18:31] Richardus Raymaker: and i use openjpeg
[18:31] Nebadon Izumi: it would not suprise me if OpenJPEG is crashier more cpu intensive than KDU
[18:31] Teravus Ousley: How many people use Viewer2 or varients?
[18:31] Major Rasputin points to Quilzie
[18:31] Nebadon Izumi: oooh oooh oooh I dont!
[18:31] WhiteStar Magic: openJPG also have mem leak issues
[18:31] Knightwolf Viper is Online
[18:31] Dave Coyle: not i
[18:31] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[18:32] Major Rasputin: She's been testing it on OSGrid now and then
[18:32] Andrew Hellershanks: I have viewer 2 but haven't used it in ages.
[18:32] Nebadon Izumi: I have viewer 2 installed for testing
[18:32] Nebadon Izumi: but hate it
[18:32] Teravus Ousley: Hermit Barber coined the term "Chicken on Crack"
[18:32] Quilzie Xemax: Yeah ofcourse Major. That's why I have an Imprudence tag on me... silly
[18:32] Andrew Hellershanks: only got it to see what LL had done toit
[18:32] Richardus Raymaker: nebadon is the config chned beteen .0.7.1 and 0.7.2 ?
[18:32] Major Rasputin: Yes, because "now and then" meant "all the time" o:
[18:32] Richardus Raymaker: changed
[18:33] Nebadon Izumi: were not on 0.7.2 yet
[18:33] Jacek Antonelli: You can't really make any generalizations about Imprudence based on a few reports. There's too much variation in stability from user to user.
[18:33] Nebadon Izumi: were still on 0.7.1
[18:33] Richardus Raymaker: i test standalone for you with script. but it refuse to start. missing thing
[18:33] Richardus Raymaker: aha
[18:33] Mojito Sorbet: Depends on which RC, which weekly experimental, which platform
[18:33] Nebadon Izumi: ok then your having same problem Richardus
[18:33] Andrew Hellershanks: Jackek and Quilzie: two people I can pester with questions related to Profile features in the viewer side of things ;-)
[18:33] Teravus Ousley: also, there's some weird interaction between OpenSimulator and the new beta of 2.. it can break attachments.. beware.
[18:33] Nebadon Izumi: seems like everyone has confirmed
[18:33] Penny Lane: Teravus: Turkey on Crack
[18:33] Richardus Raymaker: this section sounds btw new.
[18:33] Quilzie Xemax: Andrew: Oh oops, no I'm not a dev..
[18:33] Teravus Ousley: Ah, yes.. Turkey on Crack. That's it :)
[18:34] Richardus Raymaker: so cant test scripts , remake config files is always a crime
[18:34] Teravus Ousley: You can search google for "Turkey on Crack" quoted.. and it'll pull up Hermit's page.
[18:34] Andrew Hellershanks: I've made progress with profile features. I'm having a bit of a problem with passing data up from addon profile module to core profile module.
[18:34] Penny Lane: But yes, there does seem to be a lot of variation in stability of Impy. I was surprised, as it's so rock solid stable for me.
[18:35] Nebadon Izumi: ya Imprudence runs good for me
[18:35] Richardus Raymaker: RC2 is fine.
[18:35] Nebadon Izumi: especially with Kirstens OpenJPEG dropped in
[18:35] Major Rasputin: Out of curiousity, to those who find Imprudence stable, what graphic cards are you on?
[18:35] Nebadon Izumi: its much faster with Kirstens OpenJPEG
[18:35] Nebadon Izumi: atleast on windows
[18:35] Nebadon Izumi: Kirstens doesnt have an enhanced openjpeg for linux yet
[18:36] Mojito Sorbet: Imp works fine for me on nVidia
[18:36] Penny Lane: Major: on Linux, nVidia 9800GT
[18:36] Andrew Hellershanks: Major, don't know if its stable for me as I haven't used Imprudence much but I have an nVidia card
[18:36] Quilzie Xemax: GeForce 8800 GTS
[18:36] Nebadon Izumi:
[18:36] Mojito Sorbet: But there is a heap corruption problem in the latest Experimental versions. Not islolated yet
[18:36] Jacek Antonelli: I didn't mean to hijack the osdev meeting with Imprudence stuff though. :)
[18:36] Nebadon Izumi: if your on windows and want to try kirstens openjpeg
[18:36] Nebadon Izumi: theres a link above
[18:36] Richardus Raymaker: kirstenm is bad viewer, pretty unstable crash quick
[18:37] Major Rasputin notes down, files a JIRA he's been planning and takes Jacek's subtle hint to shut up.
[18:37] Andrew Hellershanks: Jacek: what parts of the viewer do you work on?
[18:37] Nebadon Izumi: if you have a fast Nvidia card i suggest using the (Extreme) dll
[18:37] Nebadon Izumi: rename the (extreme) dll to just OpenJPEG.dll
[18:37] Nebadon Izumi: rename the original OpenJPEG.dll to OpenJPEG.orig.dll or something
[18:37] Andrew Hellershanks: neb, does that makes use of the GPU?
[18:38] Simulator Version v0.5 shouts: OpenSim 0.6.9 (Post_Fixes) 87e17d3: 2010-09-27 03:47:45 +0100 (Unix/Mono)
[18:38] Andrew Hellershanks: I always wonder how that scripted device gets the hash code for the version of OS that is running here
[18:39] Nebadon Izumi: Kirsten says it does
[18:39] Nebadon Izumi: but there is some question as to wether or not it really does
[18:39] Nebadon Izumi: either way ive seen a nice performance boost over the stock openjpeg
[18:39] Andrew Hellershanks: k
[18:39] Nebadon Izumi: you do need SSE2 capable CPU
[18:39] Nebadon Izumi: i only suggest trying if your on Intel
[18:40] Nebadon Izumi: AMD might get unstable
[18:40] Nebadon Izumi: ive seen mixed results from people trying it
[18:40] Andrew Hellershanks: Um... neb... my door script is working in 0.7
[18:40] Teravus Ousley decides it might not be the best of ideas to run it on a SLI system also... haha
[18:40] Nebadon Izumi: older version of 0.7 Andrew?
[18:40] Nebadon Izumi: or master?
[18:40] Quilzie Xemax: Hm well I do have an AMD CPU...
[18:40] Nebadon Izumi: didnt you just say it wasnt working?
[18:41] Richardus Raymaker: thats bad if sse2 needs amd
[18:41] Quilzie Xemax: Yeah
[18:41] Andrew Hellershanks: neb, still master. I just ignored it for a while during this meeting. I just checked again and found I had the hand icon. Clicked teh door and it opened
[18:41] Nebadon Izumi: wierd
[18:41] Richardus Raymaker: i only use amd.
[18:41] Andrew Hellershanks: neb, no restarts since I first told you it didn't work.
[18:41] Nebadon Izumi: i have a copy of Wright Plaza on 0.7 master
[18:41] Nebadon Izumi: and literally no scripts ran
[18:42] Teravus Ousley: maybe the click event got lost then?
[18:42] Nebadon Izumi: even after 20 minutes
[18:42] Nebadon Izumi: nah
[18:42] Teravus Ousley: I've seen that happen once or twice of the past few years :)
[18:42] Nebadon Izumi: even my racer doesnt work Ter
[18:42] Nebadon Izumi: when i sit on it i just hover above the car
[18:42] Nebadon Izumi: and i cant drive
[18:42] Nebadon Izumi: i'll have to dig deeper after the meeting
[18:42] Ruben Haan: that sounds like how unhandy i am with rl cars
[18:42] Andrew Hellershanks: neb, wait about 15 minutes and see if scripts run then. Unless its 15 minute wait per script.
[18:43] Nebadon Izumi: see if i can find a exact revison where this behavior changed
[18:43] Major Rasputin: There has been a bug recently cropping up here involving click events... i'm not sure if it's an old bug
[18:43] Nebadon Izumi: ok i'll try
[18:43] Nebadon Izumi: but when i logged into the sim Andrew
[18:43] Nebadon Izumi: it was running for several hours
[18:43] Andrew Hellershanks: ok, that's odd. I'll have to run some other checks
[18:43] Nebadon Izumi: ya very odd, seems like everyone has slightly differnt results
[18:44] Nebadon Izumi: Smxy on IRC said if they reset scripts several times
[18:44] Nebadon Izumi: eventually it works
[18:44] Nebadon Izumi: but it took like 5 resets of the script
[18:44] Andrew Hellershanks: neb, what mono do you have?
[18:44] Nebadon Izumi: 2.6.7
[18:44] Andrew Hellershanks: k. 2.4.2 here
[18:44] Richardus Raymaker: i think its good to have all ini files out of the main bin dir. betetr put them all in the config-inlcude.
[18:45] Andrew Hellershanks: Interesting. Copied door script from another grid and door sounds are working but I didn't change UUID's for sound.
[18:45] Teravus Ousley: cached sounds maybe.
[18:45] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[18:45] Justin Clark-Casey: ok, Got to leave a bit early. But not really here anyway :). See you folks around
[18:45] Mojito Sorbet: Ideally, "bin" directories are read-only and might be shared
[18:45] WhiteStar Magic: Melanie said something about some MONO distro no longer has a critical component to make scripts work
[18:45] Nebadon Izumi: ok Justin, thanks for coming on your vacation
[18:45] Justin Clark-Casey waves
[18:45] Nebadon Izumi: hope you enjoy the rest of your week off
[18:45] Dahlia Trimble: laterz jcc
[18:45] Nebadon Izumi: talk soon
[18:46] Jacek Antonelli: Take care JCC
[18:46] WhiteStar Magic: you'd have to ask for for correct details
[18:46] Andrew Hellershanks: WhiteStar, I think that was about some distros not installing mono-gmcs
[18:46] Justin Clark-Casey is Offline
[18:46] Teravus Ousley: Yes, she was talking about some packagers only installing the mono-runtime and not the compiler..
[18:46] WhiteStar Magic: something like thagt... I only noted in passing as I use Windows only on all systems
[18:46] Andrew Hellershanks: If you build from source, you are likely to have it. If using a pre-compiled binary, you may not.
[18:46] Richardus Raymaker: ok something with ini files is good changed. this takes a biut longer
[18:47] Teravus Ousley: the mono compiler is required for scripts to compile
[18:47] Andrew Hellershanks: Richard, config-include sounds like stuff that some other file will pull in
[18:47] Nebadon Izumi: i just logged into Danger grid andrew
[18:47] Andrew Hellershanks: Neb, k
[18:47] Nebadon Izumi: my sim has been running for 8 hours
[18:47] Nebadon Izumi: scripts still dont work
[18:48] Nebadon Izumi: i have door script there rezzed since last night
[18:48] Teravus Ousley: ultimately, however.. you can't rely on someone else to do your configuring for you.. if you use a package.. you're getting what they give you.. whatever that is.. be sure you know. If you don't know.. you might end up with locusts.
[18:48] Nebadon Izumi: nada
[18:48] Andrew Hellershanks: neb, you have more there than door scripts?
[18:48] Richardus Raymaker: ok, it still screams with this error.
[18:48] Richardus Raymaker: Exception: System.Exception: Configuration file is missing the
[SimulationDataStore] section
[18:48] Nebadon Izumi: yes
[18:48] Nebadon Izumi: a lot more
[18:48] Nebadon Izumi: in one sim i have an exact copy of Wright Plaza
[18:49] Nebadon Izumi: the sim im testing in has some Lightshare scripts
[18:49] Nebadon Izumi: and my racer
[18:49] Nebadon Izumi: possibly a few other things
[18:50] Andrew Hellershanks: Not sure if I have registered with danger grid
[18:50] WhiteStar Magic: ..
[18:50] Teravus Ousley: ..
[18:50] Teravus Ousley: ÖöÖöÖöÖö
[18:50] Nebadon Izumi: ok well there is obviously something wrong
[18:50] Andrew Hellershanks: nm. Finally remembered my password.
[18:50] Nebadon Izumi: even if it takes 15 minutes to start
[18:51] Nebadon Izumi: thats not right
[18:51] Nebadon Izumi: I'll dive into that more after the meeting
[18:51] WhiteStar Magic gave you FSS-Multi-Door.
[18:51] Nebadon Izumi: thats no mod/no copy whitestar
[18:51] WhiteStar Magic gave you 1-Prim Sliding Door with Access List.
[18:51] WhiteStar Magic: first one is a linked Pivot double door
[18:51] Nebadon Izumi: both are
[18:51] WhiteStar Magic: try it
[18:52] Teravus Ousley: yay, permissionistas
[18:52] Nebadon Izumi: ok if you are ok with it i can get past that
[18:52] Nebadon Izumi: just wanted you to know
[18:52] WhiteStar Magic: U can yes neb, no prob
[18:52] Nebadon Izumi: ok thanks
[18:52] Nebadon Izumi: i'll take a look at them as well
[18:52] WhiteStar Magic: teh double I would prefer you not share
[18:52] Andrew Hellershanks: neb, I'm in wright plaza in danger grid. I created a prim then click prim to say new script and it created the script and I got the message it was running right away
[18:52] Nebadon Izumi: ok no problem
[18:52] Nebadon Izumi: i wont share them
[18:53] Nebadon Izumi: try clicking the uuid giver andrew
[18:53] Nebadon Izumi: at the landing zone
[18:53] Nebadon Izumi: or click the sim version giver
[18:53] WhiteStar Magic: Theese work fine in my regions but I did not update to current 6.9
[18:53] Andrew Hellershanks: My door script works in danger
[18:53] Nebadon Izumi: wtf
[18:53] Nebadon Izumi: literally nothing was working for me there
[18:53] Andrew Hellershanks: neb, the UUID giver works
[18:53] Nebadon Izumi: wtf
[18:53] Nebadon Izumi: that makes no sense
[18:53] Andrew Hellershanks: :-D
[18:53] Nebadon Izumi: i was just there
[18:53] Nebadon Izumi: 2 seconds ago
[18:53] Nebadon Izumi: an nothing worked
[18:53] Major Rasputin: maybe it's as something silly as group script running permissions
[18:54] Andrew Hellershanks: I'm there now if you want to see things working
[18:54] Nebadon Izumi: k let me relog
[18:54] Major Rasputin: check the parcel settings :U
[18:54] Nebadon Izumi: parcel settings are fine
[18:54] Richardus Raymaker: there's 1 question, when we get near the bump. can we run 1 week both versions ? else its hard testing the new one if you need to wait till day x
[18:54] Nebadon Izumi: it was working a day or 2 ago
[18:55] Andrew Hellershanks: Major, if I can run a script its not parcel settings
[18:55] Teravus Ousley wonders what the irc name of Mr Hellershanks is
[18:55] Key Gruin is Offline
[18:55] Major Rasputin: Just poking into all possibilities
[18:55] Major Rasputin enjoys a good poke
[18:56] Teravus Ousley: as long as it isn't a hokey poke
[18:57] Andrew Hellershanks: Teravus, Plugh
[18:57] Dave Coyle: richardus: no, it'll be a complete cutover.
[18:57] Teravus Ousley: fabulous, thanks.
[18:57] Andrew Hellershanks: yw
[18:57] Quilzie Xemax: Yep, that's gonna be one hell of a week..
[18:57] Nebadon Izumi: ya there is no way to do both
[18:57] Nebadon Izumi: if we could do both we would have switched long time ago
[18:57] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[18:58] Teravus Ousley: it'll be super ultra alpha beta theta psi week..
[18:58] Dave Coyle: yeah
[18:58] Nebadon Izumi: heh
[18:58] Dave Coyle: ready the prim barrels!
[18:59] Teravus Ousley: I call on the no pants weekend gods to make sure to make it an eventful, but successful transferrence of versions.
[18:59] Richardus Raymaker: still keep this error "Configuration file is missing the
[SimulationDataStore] section" and the section is in the ini file
[19:00] Andrew Hellershanks: What code are you using, Richardus? I didn't think there was a section by that name
[19:00] Teravus Ousley: sounds like the config-include configuration isn't specified in opensim.ini
[19:00] Teravus Ousley: it's all the way down at the bottom.. and.. annoyingly.. you have to find it and uncomment it still
[19:00] Richardus Raymaker: latest git from 0.7
[19:01] Richardus Raymaker: \it is set nebadon
[19:01] Richardus Raymaker: include-hgstandalone
[19:01] Andrew Hellershanks: Richardus, it is in the config-include .ini files

Personal tools
About This Wiki