Chat log from the meeting on 2010-09-14

From OpenSimulator

Jump to: navigation, search

[17:53] Simulator Version v0.5 shouts: OpenSim 0.6.9 (Post_Fixes) e7e9e67: 2010-09-07 21:05:10 +0100 (Unix/Mono)
[17:53] Tasha Violet is Offline
[17:56] Penny Lane is Online
[17:56] Cuddles McCann smiles.. mind if I find a quiet corner?
[17:57] Richardus Raymaker is Online
[18:00] Penny Lane: Hi Neb :-)
[18:00] Cuddles McCann grins.. I don't think his mind is in world yet
[18:01] Penny Lane: Hehe
[18:02] Justin Clark-Casey is Online
[18:02] Richardus Raymaker: hi penny, nebadon
[18:02] Penny Lane: Hi Rich :-)
[18:03] Richardus Raymaker: i have 1 problem. root agents dont disapear always from json.
[18:03] Nebadon Izumi: hello
[18:03] Nebadon Izumi: doh
[18:03] Nebadon Izumi: sorry sim froze
[18:03] Nebadon Izumi: that was my fault
[18:03] Nebadon Izumi: i scrolled back in screen
[18:03] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[18:03] Richardus Raymaker: dont play with
[18:03] Nebadon Izumi: forgot to hit esc
[18:03] Nebadon Izumi: nah i was scrolled back in screen
[18:03] Nebadon Izumi: forgot that freezes the sim
[18:04] Penny Lane: Fell asleep with face on keyboard? ;-)
[18:04] Nebadon Izumi: hola Justin
[18:04] Justin Clark-Casey: hi nebadon. hello people
[18:04] Richardus Raymaker: hi justin.
[18:04] Penny Lane: Eeeek, Neb's sitting in a different spot! It's going to confuse everybody! ;-)
[18:04] Richardus Raymaker: so i see still 1 root agent when there's no agent ..
[18:05] Penny Lane: Hiya Justin :-)
[18:05] Justin Clark-Casey: json stats isn't very maintained right now
[18:05] Richardus Raymaker: hmm, i think this is the normal spot for nebadon
[18:05] Nebadon Izumi: heh
[18:05] Penny Lane: No no, he's always just to the right of this flag
[18:05] Nebadon Izumi: i just randomly picked one
[18:05] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[18:05] Penny Lane: Haha
[18:05] Richardus Raymaker: in the past nebadon where closer to here
[18:07] Richardus Raymaker: yup, json tells me there's 1 rootag. show users says there's nobody
[18:08] Nebadon Izumi: well not sure how many are coming today, ive been busy working on Danger grid though
[18:08] Nebadon Izumi: things are sorta coming along there
[18:08] Nebadon Izumi: having an asset issue at the moment
[18:08] Richardus Raymaker: nice
[18:08] Richardus Raymaker: hmmm
[18:08] Nebadon Izumi: we reset the database last night cause we moved asset server to SRAS
[18:08] Richardus Raymaker: sras ?
[18:08] Nebadon Izumi: but coyled knows about it, hopefully get it worked out today
[18:08] Andrew Hellershanks: Hello
[18:08] Nebadon Izumi: ya its our Ruby Asset server
[18:08] Richardus Raymaker: hi andrew
[18:08] Nebadon Izumi: that we run here on OSgrid
[18:09] Justin Clark-Casey: very new?
[18:09] Nebadon Izumi: actually danger grid is using the same server as the main grid now
[18:09] Nebadon Izumi: not really we have been running SRAS here for a while now
[18:09] Nebadon Izumi: works great
[18:09] Nebadon Izumi: hang on i'll get the git URL
[18:09] Justin Clark-Casey: :)
[18:09] Nebadon Izumi:
[18:10] Nebadon Izumi: it stores assets as Flat file on the har drive
[18:10] Nebadon Izumi: and does Hash Comparison to elimiante dupe assets
[18:10] Justin Clark-Casey: nice
[18:10] Nebadon Izumi: ya scales a bit nicer than the default Robust asset server
[18:10] Penny Lane: That's cool Neb
[18:10] Nebadon Izumi: storing blobs in the database is recipe for disaster
[18:10] Penny Lane: Aye
[18:10] Richardus Raymaker: bit offtopic, is osgrid useing 1u servers ?
[18:11] Nebadon Izumi: our asset servers are
[18:11] Richardus Raymaker: yes, the are now stored seperate ?
[18:11] Nebadon Izumi: im not sure about all the servers though
[18:11] Richardus Raymaker: how do you store the blobs now ?
[18:11] Nebadon Izumi: probably they all are though
[18:11] Nebadon Izumi: they are flat files on the hard disk
[18:11] Nebadon Izumi: it creates sub directorys based on the UUID
[18:12] Richardus Raymaker: nice. in the past it where called to store it seperate
[18:12] Nebadon Izumi: for instance
[18:12] Nebadon Izumi: if a assets uuid is 766eaf4a-6d14-4a6f-8d82-58281cadce18
[18:12] Richardus Raymaker: sund like the region cache does
[18:12] Nebadon Izumi: the folder structure goes like this
[18:12] Nebadon Izumi: /assets/766/eaf/766eaf4a-6d14-4a6f-8d82-58281cadce18
[18:12] Mic Bowman: hey justin
[18:12] Nebadon Izumi: basiclly it works exactly the same way Flotsam cache works
[18:12] Richardus Raymaker: bad thinking, but more easy to remove some asset from database to
[18:13] Nebadon Izumi: hey Mic
[18:13] Justin Clark-Casey: Hi Mic
[18:13] Mic Bowman: g'afternoon neb
[18:13] Richardus Raymaker: helllo mic
[18:14] Catharina Jacobus is Online
[18:14] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: btw, are your scripts that automatically restart simulators after they crash avialable?
[18:14] Nebadon Izumi: sure its super simple
[18:14] Nebadon Izumi: Linux or windows?
[18:14] Justin Clark-Casey: linux
[18:14] Nebadon Izumi: k 1 sec
[18:15] Nebadon Izumi: while ($TRUE); do ulimit -s 262144 && mono --debug OpenSim.exe -console=basic -name=sandbox; done
[18:15] Nebadon Izumi: do ulimit isnt really required
[18:15] Justin Clark-Casey: thanks :) I see it is simple
[18:15] Nebadon Izumi: it helps with physics issues
[18:15] Justin Clark-Casey: k
[18:16] Nebadon Izumi: ya its very reliable
[18:16] Richardus Raymaker: i just have my script finaly running without crash. the only bump is the not existing root agent in json
[18:16] Nebadon Izumi: if you want something a bit more sophisticated
[18:16] Nebadon Izumi: let me grab URL
[18:16] Justin Clark-Casey: richardus: this is a script that monitors opensim from the outside?
[18:16] Nebadon Izumi:
[18:16] Nebadon Izumi: this explains how to use monit to restart sims that get stuck at 0fps
[18:16] Nebadon Izumi: and dont actually crash
[18:16] Richardus Raymaker: justin, it runs on the server. but use like monmit does remote admin yes
[18:17] Gennifer Eros: Nice, got logged out and came back ruthed
[18:17] Nebadon Izumi: one of our servers is using that
[18:17] Justin Clark-Casey: great, thanks
[18:17] Nebadon Izumi: Gennifer ya that happens sometimes
[18:17] Richardus Raymaker: i dotn see how that page explains the 0fps crash ?
[18:17] Nebadon Izumi: you should be able to rewear your outfit again
[18:17] Gennifer Eros: First time it has happened to me neb
[18:17] Nebadon Izumi: ya ive never done it Richardus
[18:17] Richardus Raymaker: just have my own one 90% runnign now
[18:17] Gennifer Eros: Not nice
[18:17] Nebadon Izumi: but im sure if you ask Coyled he can explain it better
[18:17] paulie Flomar is Online
[18:18] Nebadon Izumi: one of our plaza servers is running it though
[18:18] Nebadon Izumi: and it works great
[18:18] Nebadon Izumi: Lbsa Plaza, Sandbox Plaza II, and Bade Plaza
[18:18] Justin Clark-Casey: looks like coyled has been doing a fair bit
[18:18] Nebadon Izumi: if they get stuck at 0fps for 2 minutes it restarts them
[18:18] Nebadon Izumi: yea
[18:18] Richardus Raymaker: i tried it with screen. its painfull to parse command. and remote conmsole is worser. besides the example script dont work.
[18:18] Nebadon Izumi: he is pretty proficient with alot of the stuff we needed in more traditional sense
[18:18] Richardus Raymaker: need to look in the remote console thing again
[18:18] Nebadon Izumi: like monit and nginx
[18:19] Richardus Raymaker: but i monitor more then only ....
[18:19] Andrew Hellershanks: On the subject of stats, I was noticing that ScrLPS is in both lines of the region summary provided by /SStats
[18:20] Andrew Hellershanks: Its on the end of the first line and around the middle of the second.
[18:21] Justin Clark-Casey: which file is that?
[18:21] Richardus Raymaker: i dont see how you catch the ofps with this
[18:21] Nebadon Izumi: ya im sure if you ask Coyled Rich he can explain it better
[18:21] Nebadon Izumi: he probably assumes you understand monit and opensim a bit
[18:21] Nebadon Izumi: ive not actually attempted to get it working yet, i just have not had time
[18:21] Richardus Raymaker: i solved it almost other way nebadon :)
[18:21] Nebadon Izumi: i would like to eventually though
[18:22] Andrew Hellershanks: Justin, it is in the output from an OS instance when you pass /SStats/ to the URL for the instance.
[18:22] Gennifer Eros: Hey andrew
[18:22] Nebadon Izumi: so what are you asking Andrew?
[18:22] Nebadon Izumi: are you asking what ScrLPS is?
[18:22] Nebadon Izumi: or just asking why its there twice?
[18:22] Andrew Hellershanks: Is there some reason for the duplication?
[18:22] Nebadon Izumi: ah, probably just cruft
[18:22] Andrew Hellershanks: They appear to be the same number.
[18:22] Nebadon Izumi: someone working to fast
[18:23] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[18:23] Nebadon Izumi: SStats is very old, and not maintained much anymore
[18:23] Andrew Hellershanks: ok, np. Just spotted that when I was taking a closer look at all the next info you get from the webstats
[18:23] Andrew Hellershanks: next info -> neat info
[18:23] Nebadon Izumi: ya probably just accidental duplication
[18:23] Andrew Hellershanks: Hey, Gennifer
[18:23] Gennifer Eros: Long time no see
[18:24] Andrew Hellershanks: Nebadon, ok. I may look at that and mantis it with a patch to remove the duplicated
[18:24] Andrew Hellershanks: -d
[18:24] Gennifer Eros: oops, sorry dahlia
[18:24] Justin Clark-Casey: it might be duplicated. I'm looking at SimStatsAJAX and see it twice
[18:24] Andrew Hellershanks: Gennifer, yeah, it has been a long time Gennifer.
[18:24] Richardus Raymaker: hi dahlia
[18:24] Nebadon Izumi: cool that would be great Andrew
[18:24] Dahlia Trimble: hi :)
[18:24] Nebadon Izumi: we have tons of cleanup we need to do
[18:24] Nebadon Izumi: every little bit helps
[18:24] Gennifer Eros: Hoe have you been andrew?
[18:24] Andrew Hellershanks: Nebadon, sure, np.
[18:25] Justin Clark-Casey: but the SimStatsAJAX file is a bit obscure. The diplicate appears to be in setting out the html
[18:25] Gennifer Eros: Any word on the 0.7 upgrade schedule yet neb?
[18:25] Andrew Hellershanks: I'm still wading through all the stuff needed to getting osprofile working
[18:25] Nebadon Izumi: ya probably, the HTML for SStats is easy to edit
[18:25] Richardus Raymaker: ill stay with python :)
[18:25] Andrew Hellershanks: Gennifer, Been doing ok. Keeping busy and all that.
[18:25] Nebadon Izumi: ive messed around with that a bit in the past
[18:25] Nebadon Izumi: until sqlite stopped working for a while
[18:25] Nebadon Izumi: then i sorta gave up on SStats
[18:25] Gennifer Eros: As have I with my grid :)
[18:25] Andrew Hellershanks: Gennifer, how have you been?
[18:25] Nebadon Izumi: im still having problems with SQlite on master opensim
[18:25] Justin Clark-Casey: richardus: I think the root agents comes from the main statistics. It might be worth checking to see if the in-world statistics think there are still main gaents present or not
[18:26] Andrew Hellershanks: Nebadon, what file are you looking at?
[18:26] Nebadon Izumi: so far im unable to get a standalone started on the very newest OpenSim using sqlite
[18:26] Gennifer Eros: Pretty good thanks andrew, just come back from a week in spain
[18:26] Andrew Hellershanks: (save me from tracking it down) :-)
[18:26] Nebadon Izumi: Andrew its been agest since i poked on SStats
[18:26] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: what error do you see?
[18:26] Andrew Hellershanks: Gennifer, nice
[18:26] Dahlia Trimble: with mono Nebadon?
[18:26] Nebadon Izumi: yes Dahlia
[18:26] Gennifer Eros: I got mine running 'out of the box' neb
[18:26] Nebadon Izumi: ive only tried on Mono and 2.6.7
[18:26] Nebadon Izumi: hang on Justin
[18:26] Nebadon Izumi: i'll grab the error
[18:27] Andrew Hellershanks: nebadon, found it. WebStatsModule
[18:28] Nebadon Izumi:
[18:28] Nebadon Izumi: i have tried mono 2.4 and 2.6
[18:28] Nebadon Izumi: using both sqlite and sqlite legacy on both
[18:28] Nebadon Izumi: so far ive not gotten it to start
[18:28] Gennifer Eros: Mono sucks :)
[18:28] Nebadon Izumi: i was only testing because i saw others having issues too
[18:28] Justin Clark-Casey: that's wierd. I presume you're deleting all the *.db before trying?
[18:29] Nebadon Izumi: i normally dont use it
[18:29] Nebadon Izumi: yes
[18:29] Nebadon Izumi: ive done that several times
[18:29] Justin Clark-Casey: and you're not on a mac of course, right?
[18:29] Nebadon Izumi: everytime this is the end result
[18:29] Nebadon Izumi: heh no
[18:29] Gennifer Eros: lol
[18:29] Nebadon Izumi: Linux x86 Suse 11.3
[18:29] Justin Clark-Casey: that's wierd
[18:29] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[18:29] Dahlia Trimble: Ive not seen that one but I havent kept up with trunk for a month or so
[18:29] Nebadon Izumi: i havent had much time to do much about it
[18:29] Justin Clark-Casey: do any databases get created at all?
[18:29] Gennifer Eros: I run mine on windoze neb and it ran straight from the pull
[18:29] Nebadon Izumi: especially since i dont use sqlite
[18:29] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[18:29] Justin Clark-Casey: sqlite was fine on trunk when I tried it yesterday
[18:30] Nebadon Izumi: though one is 0kbs
[18:30] Nebadon Izumi: InventoryStore.db
[18:30] Richardus Raymaker: i think i have seen something like this before when i tried it with mysql. copy pasted the connector string complete again and then it worked. but this sqlite.
[18:30] Andrew Hellershanks: ok, I have to leave early today. Have to head out in a few minutes to run some errands
[18:30] Nebadon Izumi: i tried mysql starts right up
[18:30] Dahlia Trimble: theres a couple different sqlite options in there somewhhere dependant on which mono you use
[18:30] Justin Clark-Casey: bye andrew
[18:30] Nebadon Izumi: kk Andrew no problem
[18:30] Gennifer Eros: Take care andrew, nice to see you again
[18:30] Andrew Hellershanks: Gennifer, you can often catch me at these weekly meetings
[18:31] Andrew Hellershanks: (If I don't lose track of time or otherwise get busy)
[18:31] Gennifer Eros: I never knew this was a weekly meeting lol
[18:31] paulie Flomar is Offline
[18:31] Nebadon Izumi: anyway if you think of anything Justin let me know i can test it, i know your busy
[18:31] Andrew Hellershanks: they are. The transcripts of the meetings are posted online.
[18:31] Nebadon Izumi: im not really sure if others are seeing this exact problem
[18:31] Gennifer Eros: Will check them out
[18:31] Nebadon Izumi: the problem i was testing for originally was fixed
[18:31] Nebadon Izumi: but now i get this issue
[18:31] Nebadon Izumi: and Jhurliman didnt really know
[18:32] Andrew Hellershanks: Nebadon, I've removed the duplication in the stats from my local copy of OS. I'll test it when I get back home
[18:32] Nebadon Izumi: this all started after jhurliman moved the database connection ini stuff
[18:32] Nebadon Izumi: atleast for me
[18:32] Nebadon Izumi: ive not tested on older revisions
[18:32] Nebadon Izumi: i could though
[18:32] Nebadon Izumi: if that helps
[18:32] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: how recently did this stop working? Oh right, recently?
[18:32] Nebadon Izumi: ya couple days ago
[18:32] Nebadon Izumi: i saw people in opensim-dev complaining about it not starting
[18:32] Nebadon Izumi: it turned out jhruliman missed something in the ini
[18:32] Gennifer Eros: lol
[18:33] Nebadon Izumi: at that point it wasnt even creating any .db files
[18:33] Justin Clark-Casey: yes
[18:33] Nebadon Izumi: he then fixed that, but now i run into this, and not sure if anyone else is having this same problem now
[18:33] Nebadon Izumi: havent seen anyone else mention it since then
[18:33] Gennifer Eros: I only use sqlite in standalone mode to make sure all fires up
[18:33] Penny Lane: Justin: same question as every week --- Any news on policy change yet?
[18:33] Justin Clark-Casey: maybe two instances of simulatio ndata are possibly being started
[18:33] Nebadon Izumi: Gennifer are you running the lastest opensim code?
[18:33] Justin Clark-Casey: penny: lawyer delays. I am going to chase that up soon now
[18:33] Nebadon Izumi: be great if you could test the newest code if not
[18:33] Mic Bowman: speaking of which... what is the current ordering of configuration file loads?
[18:34] Penny Lane: JCC: kk, tnx :-)
[18:34] Gennifer Eros: 0.7 yes but not for my sims here
[18:34] Nebadon Izumi: ya i figured, if you could grab the latest git code and test that would be great Gennifer
[18:34] Justin Clark-Casey: mic: you mean current as in from yesterday?
[18:34] Mic Bowman: i had opensimdefaults.ini from the distribution and my own complete opensim.ini ... none of the settings from opensim.ini were included
[18:34] Gennifer Eros: I can do that and try it sure
[18:34] Nebadon Izumi: bascilly i think nothings changed yet Mic
[18:34] Nebadon Izumi: accept the file name
[18:34] Justin Clark-Casey: mic: you should ask jhurliman, he was party to those changes
[18:34] Mic Bowman: or maybe nothing that was alredy defined in the defaults was included
[18:35] Gennifer Eros: The 0.7 I have I got using git
[18:35] Nebadon Izumi: but i think it is going to change soon
[18:35] Nebadon Izumi: im sorta as in the dark as you are at the moment
[18:35] Mic Bowman: ok... i just moved all my deploy scripts to write the defaults file
[18:35] Gennifer Eros: Was maybe 4-6 weeks ago
[18:35] Nebadon Izumi: ya i think thats all thats needed right now
[18:35] Justin Clark-Casey: unsurprisingly nothing is being discussed beforehand, so people will just have to hold on
[18:35] Nebadon Izumi: ok Gennifer this changed happend in last few days
[18:35] Nebadon Izumi: so if you could test the newest that would be great, if your interested
[18:35] Nebadon Izumi: just be sure to make good backups
[18:35] Gennifer Eros: Ahhhhhhh
[18:35] Nebadon Izumi: cause it might break
[18:36] Gennifer Eros: Have you tried the earlier version?
[18:36] Nebadon Izumi: this way you can easily fall back if it doesnt start
[18:36] Nebadon Izumi: not for a while no
[18:36] Nebadon Izumi: i was testing the changes made a few days ago
[18:36] Nebadon Izumi: the .ini files have changed a bit though
[18:36] Gennifer Eros: I ALWAYS make backups lol
[18:36] Nebadon Izumi: so it would be good
[18:36] Nebadon Izumi: if you could start totally fresh
[18:36] Justin Clark-Casey: on you r issue, my guess would be that somehow a region is attempting to use the same uuid on two separate writes
[18:36] Nebadon Izumi: and not use your current configurations
[18:36] Gennifer Eros: With a standalone or a grid version?
[18:37] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: I take it you're starting up completely from scratch with no existing regions?
[18:37] Nebadon Izumi: correct Justin
[18:37] Nebadon Izumi: like i said i dont normally use sqlite
[18:37] Nebadon Izumi: i started up a fresh standalone to test issues others were having
[18:37] Justin Clark-Casey: yeah
[18:37] paulie Flomar is Online
[18:37] Justin Clark-Casey: that's odd
[18:37] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[18:37] Gennifer Eros: Neb, are you trying to use sqlite in grid mode?
[18:38] Nebadon Izumi: everything seems right in the configs
[18:38] Richardus Raymaker: and the problem exist offcorse not under windows
[18:38] Nebadon Izumi: no
[18:38] Nebadon Izumi: it was a Standalone Gennifer
[18:38] Gennifer Eros: Ok
[18:38] Justin Clark-Casey: might have to wait until somebody else runs into it, then hopefully jhurliman can fix it
[18:38] Nebadon Izumi: about as basic as i could make it
[18:38] Nebadon Izumi: just rename the examples
[18:38] Andrew Hellershanks: See you all next week
[18:38] Nebadon Izumi: and start up opensim
[18:38] Justin Clark-Casey: bye andrew
[18:38] Gennifer Eros: Thats what I did with my current 0.7 and it all worked
[18:38] Dahlia Trimble: bye :)
[18:39] Gennifer Eros: Bye dahlia
[18:39] Nebadon Izumi: k ya give the newest version a shot, let me know how it goes, id like to get some confirmation if its just me or not
[18:39] Richardus Raymaker: sqlite gave me many times problem. but never use it.
[18:39] Dahlia Trimble: I was saying bye to andrew ;)
[18:39] Gennifer Eros: oops :)
[18:40] Gennifer Eros: I will try it tomorow neb, its getting late here and I like to be awake whan doing a new install lol
[18:40] Gennifer Eros: when*
[18:40] Nebadon Izumi: ya no problem
[18:40] Nebadon Izumi: the more people we get testinging it easier it will be to know where the problem is
[18:40] Gennifer Eros: I can catch you on icq tomorrow and let you know
[18:40] Nebadon Izumi: great, thanks
[18:40] Gennifer Eros: oops, not icq
[18:40] Gennifer Eros: The other one
[18:40] Nebadon Izumi: IRC
[18:40] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[18:41] Nebadon Izumi: i figured thats what you meant
[18:41] Gennifer Eros: Thats the one :)
[18:41] Richardus Raymaker: do you have the get line nebadon ?
[18:41] Nebadon Izumi: though who knows you can probably connecto to IRC with ICQ
[18:41] Nebadon Izumi: get line?
[18:41] Gennifer Eros: More than likely
[18:41] Nebadon Izumi: you mean the git clone command?
[18:42] Nebadon Izumi: git clone git://
[18:42] Nebadon Izumi: ?
[18:42] Gennifer Eros: Thats the one I use
[18:42] Nebadon Izumi: but like i said make sure you use the new ini's
[18:42] Nebadon Izumi: dont try to drop in your old ones
[18:42] Nebadon Izumi: there have been some changes made
[18:43] Richardus Raymaker: then i can try a blank one with unchanged ini files
[18:43] Nebadon Izumi: the database configuration has been moved into /config-include now
[18:43] Nebadon Izumi: in StandaloneCommon.ini
[18:43] Gennifer Eros: I extract mine into the docs folder then move it to the root so I never overwrite neb
[18:43] paulie Flomar is Offline
[18:44] Nebadon Izumi: cool
[18:44] Nebadon Izumi: that works
[18:44] Richardus Raymaker: downloading
[18:45] Gennifer Eros: My current version runs from a bin directory off the root and my sims here run from a 0.609 directory
[18:45] Nebadon Izumi: but back on the topic of moving to 0.7 for osgrid, still no real ETA, we are working hard on it, few of the modules still dont work
[18:45] Gennifer Eros: 0.6.9 even
[18:45] Nebadon Izumi: that are one of the things holding us up currently
[18:45] Nebadon Izumi: Groups and Profiles
[18:46] Nebadon Izumi: and some of the website stuff, but were chipping away at it
[18:46] Gennifer Eros: I have a freind working on those :)
[18:46] Justin Clark-Casey: yeah, groups :(
[18:46] Gennifer Eros: He says he has groups more or less working now
[18:46] Nebadon Izumi: teleporting has me a bit concerned too
[18:46] Nebadon Izumi: but i think we can probably get that fixed before we switch
[18:46] Nebadon Izumi: when you teleport it seems to retain the parcel data from the previous sim you were in
[18:46] Nebadon Izumi: in about land
[18:46] Justin Clark-Casey: gennifer: is he planning on publishing that work?
[18:47] Nebadon Izumi: it also seems to maybe carry some permissions forward
[18:47] Gennifer Eros: Maybe :)
[18:47] Nebadon Izumi: so like if build is enabled in the sim you came from
[18:47] Gennifer Eros: He is working for me lol
[18:47] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: that sounds like something melanie would fix
[18:47] Nebadon Izumi: but not in the sim you land it might not be honoring it completely
[18:47] Richardus Raymaker: we really need groups the way its now. before the switch. else i think lots of things break for people
[18:47] Gennifer Eros: But yes if he does do it I will make it public
[18:47] Nebadon Izumi: there is an open mantis i just confirmed the other day
[18:47] Justin Clark-Casey: k
[18:47] Justin Clark-Casey: gennifer: thanks. Is that with security intact?
[18:48] Justin Clark-Casey: I think we have seen a module that made things work but ripped all the security out
[18:48] Nebadon Izumi: actually i think they were just using a really old version Justin
[18:48] Richardus Raymaker: thats bad.
[18:48] Gennifer Eros: He says so yes and also a working currency module he said
[18:48] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: oh ok
[18:48] Justin Clark-Casey: gennifer: nice - would be really good to see that
[18:48] Nebadon Izumi: ya i did a diff and looking at it it looked like a very old version of groups
[18:48] Cuddles McCann: with 7.0.2 I'm getting 'unknown' in the region name in about land on both Cuddles' World and the college grid.
[18:48] Nebadon Izumi: alot of the stuff was just short circuited because it was so incomplete a the time
[18:49] Nebadon Izumi: so basiclly it would just always work
[18:49] Justin Clark-Casey: cuddles: haven't heard of that bug before
[18:49] Richardus Raymaker: hi ruben
[18:49] Nebadon Izumi: ya well if you are running into bugs be sure to open mantis files
[18:49] Ruben Haan: hi :)
[18:49] Gennifer Eros: I see that here sometimes
[18:49] Nebadon Izumi:
[18:49] Gennifer Eros: Evening ruben
[18:49] Mic Bowman: gotta go all..
[18:49] Justin Clark-Casey: bye mic
[18:50] Nebadon Izumi: kk mic, thanks for stoping by
[18:50] Catharina Jacobus: oh hi to all of you :)
[18:50] Richardus Raymaker: and also close them if the are solved ^^
[18:50] Justin Clark-Casey: hi catherina
[18:50] Nebadon Izumi: one of these days ill get back over to sciencesim
[18:50] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[18:50] Justin Clark-Casey: sorry, catharina
[18:50] Gennifer Eros: Hello cat
[18:50] Nebadon Izumi: well on another note
[18:50] Catharina Jacobus: :)
[18:50] Nebadon Izumi: this sim is currently running ODE 11.1
[18:50] Nebadon Izumi: ive been testing it here the last few days
[18:50] Gennifer Eros: ooooohhhh
[18:50] Richardus Raymaker: cool
[18:50] Nebadon Izumi: happy to say it didnt crash yet
[18:50] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[18:51] Gennifer Eros: lol
[18:51] Richardus Raymaker: ssst
[18:51] Gennifer Eros: Famous last words?
[18:51] Nebadon Izumi: this is the biggest load since i dropped the new ODE dll here
[18:51] Nebadon Izumi: ive been testing it at my sandbox though
[18:51] Richardus Raymaker: possible the can drop it in 0.7 ?
[18:51] Nebadon Izumi: its been doing great there
[18:51] Nebadon Izumi: yea
[18:51] Nebadon Izumi: hang on
[18:51] Nebadon Izumi:
[18:51] Justin Clark-Casey: nice
[18:52] Nebadon Izumi: i recompiled a new version couple days ag
[18:52] Justin Clark-Casey: I see no one is chucking balls around yet, though :)
[18:52] Nebadon Izumi: from the ODE SVN
[18:52] Nebadon Izumi: my racer was doing awesome on my sandbox
[18:52] Nebadon Izumi: i was even driving it around here the other day
[18:52] Nebadon Izumi: though this sims not the best for driving around in
[18:52] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[18:52] Justin Clark-Casey: very nice
[18:52] Gennifer Eros: lol
[18:53] Nebadon Izumi: ya, i did have some issues testing on win64 running in native x64 on windows
[18:53] Gennifer Eros: I always use vs 2008
[18:53] Nebadon Izumi: but thats not really that suprising
[18:53] Nebadon Izumi: but x86 windows and x86/64 linux work great with it
[18:53] Simulator Version v0.5 shouts: OpenSim 0.6.9 (Post_Fixes) e7e9e67: 2010-09-07 21:05:10 +0100 (Unix/Mono)
[18:54] Gennifer Eros: A stupid question neb but are you trying the new version on windoze or linux?
[18:54] Nebadon Izumi: both
[18:54] Gennifer Eros: Ok
[18:54] Nebadon Izumi: SeaPrior Plaza and Teravus Plaza are both running it also
[18:54] Nebadon Izumi: as is This region
[18:54] Gennifer Eros: Well I only use windoze
[18:54] Nebadon Izumi: and OSgrid Welcome Station
[18:54] Nebadon Izumi: and OKC Sandbox
[18:54] Nebadon Izumi: and im also testing it on Danger Grid
[18:54] Nebadon Izumi: on Mayflower
[18:55] Nebadon Izumi: so far not seen any ill effects
[18:55] Richardus Raymaker: for now the latest git from the url in chat start fine here nebadon. i go login now
[18:55] Nebadon Izumi: but it needs alot more testing
[18:55] Nebadon Izumi: and perhaps some more tweaking too
[18:55] Nebadon Izumi: you may find some oddities
[18:55] Nebadon Izumi: but Revolution and Myself have gone over it quite a bit
[18:56] Nebadon Izumi: you can see some of the things we commented out in the ode code in the compile notes
[18:56] Justin Clark-Casey: k. At some poitn we can update the master code version
[18:56] Nebadon Izumi: to fix some wierd crashes in opensim
[18:56] Nebadon Izumi: ya that would be great
[18:56] Nebadon Izumi: id like to get Teravus to take a once over look too
[18:56] Nebadon Izumi: but hes been really busy lately
[18:56] Richardus Raymaker: Version: OpenSim 0.7.1 Dev (interface version 6) only renamed the STandalonecOMMON.INI oops caps. did not changed anything here opensim starts fine
[18:56] Nebadon Izumi: but in the meantime no reason we cant test it independantly of core
[18:57] Nebadon Izumi: but for now please dont file any mantis just yet
[18:57] Nebadon Izumi: if you run into bugs let me know
[18:57] Nebadon Izumi: but so far im pretty happy with results
[18:57] Nebadon Izumi: my racer feels much smoother
[18:57] Nebadon Izumi: turning especially
[18:58] Nebadon Izumi: though some of that also comes from the App Domain change to Xengine
[18:58] Nebadon Izumi: for those who havent done that yet, i highly recommend that change also
[18:58] Nebadon Izumi: in your
[Xengine] section of OpenSim.ini
[18:58] Nebadon Izumi: change AppDomainLoading = true
[18:58] Nebadon Izumi: to AppDomainLoading = false
[18:59] Nebadon Izumi: you will use an insane less amount of ram and threads for xengine
[18:59] Nebadon Izumi: all the plazas are on this setting now too
[18:59] Gennifer Eros: I save my driving for rl lol
[18:59] Nebadon Izumi: and uptimes and memory consumption is a lot better
[18:59] Nebadon Izumi: show stats says this region is using 446mb
[18:59] Richardus Raymaker: its now already hard to hit the 350MB linit with RSS :) mono gives always memory back :O
[19:00] Nebadon Izumi: top says 1gb
[19:00] Nebadon Izumi: thats crazy
[19:00] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[19:00] Richardus Raymaker: thats good
[19:00] Nebadon Izumi: considering with AppDomainLoading = true
[19:00] Gennifer Eros: neb, want to pate the git url again save me typing it in
[19:00] Nebadon Izumi: we would be using about 5gb ram right now
[19:00] Nebadon Izumi: sure
[19:00] Gennifer Eros: paste*
[19:00] Nebadon Izumi: git clone git://
[19:00] Richardus Raymaker: sad news for you nebadon. the latest 0.7.1 started it again it still runs.
[19:00] Nebadon Izumi: wierd
[19:00] Nebadon Izumi: i guess thats good though
[19:01] Nebadon Izumi: but i wonder why i cant get it too run

Personal tools
About This Wiki