Chat log from the meeting on 2010-07-20

From OpenSimulator

Jump to: navigation, search

[07:52] Tasha Violet is Online
[07:54] Lani Global is Offline
[07:56] Lani Global is Online
[08:17] Lani Global is Online
[08:25] Warin Cascabel is Offline
[08:46] Inventory operation has been started
[09:11] Tasha Violet is Offline
[09:14] paulie Flomar is Online
[09:15] paulie Flomar is Offline
[09:40] Richardus Raymaker is Online
[09:43] Hiro Protagonist is Online
[09:46] paulie Flomar is Online
[09:50] Hiro Protagonist is Offline
[09:51] Teleport completed from
[09:51] The region you have entered is running a different simulator version. Click this message for details.
[09:54] Penny Lane is Online
[09:56] Dave Coyle is Online
[09:57] Richardus Raymaker: hi nebadon
[09:57] Nebadon Izumi: hello
[09:57] Nebadon Izumi: hey dave
[09:57] Dave Coyle: hi
[09:58] Richardus Raymaker: hi dave
[10:02] Master Dubrovna: Hello everyone
[10:02] Nebadon Izumi: hello
[10:02] Dave Coyle: hello
[10:02] Richardus Raymaker: hi master
[10:02] Master Dubrovna: Today going a bit less stressful than yesterday?
[10:02] Dave Coyle: yes. :)
[10:02] Master Dubrovna: Good!
[10:02] Richardus Raymaker: hi otaku
[10:03] OtakuMegane Desu: Hiya
[10:03] Key Gruin is Online
[10:05] Nebadon Izumi: so hows everyone doing
[10:05] Andrew Hellershanks: Hello, everyone
[10:05] Nebadon Izumi: hello
[10:05] Andrew Hellershanks: Hey, Andsim. Fancy meeting you here. ;-)
[10:05] Dave Coyle is Online
[10:06] Justin Clark-Casey is Online
[10:06] Andsim Hammerer: ty
[10:06] Andsim Hammerer: hmm my hair
[10:06] Andrew Hellershanks: I was wondering why it sounded like someone was playing a video game here when I first arrived. I see there is a new movie to watch
[10:06] Nebadon Izumi: welcome back dave
[10:07] Nebadon Izumi: hello penny
[10:07] Dave Coyle: thx
[10:07] Penny Lane: Hi Neb, and all :-)
[10:07] Andrew Hellershanks: Hello, Penny
[10:07] Richardus Raymaker: hi penny
[10:07] Andrew Hellershanks: I have to leave around 11 or just before today.
[10:07] Andrew Hellershanks: At least I got here for the start this time.
[10:07] Andrew Hellershanks: Hey, Justin
[10:07] Nebadon Izumi: hello Justin
[10:07] Richardus Raymaker: hi andrew
[10:08] Richardus Raymaker: hi justin
[10:08] Justin Clark-Casey: hello
[10:08] Andrew Hellershanks: hi, Richardus
[10:08] Justin Clark-Casey: now this is wierd - my view is stuck on top-down :)
[10:08] Andrew Hellershanks: Commodore logo?
[10:08] Andsim Hammerer: i just came wo knowing was meeting here
[10:08] Penny Lane: Hi Rich :-)
[10:08] Andrew Hellershanks: Every tuesday about this time
[10:08] Andsim Hammerer: expect andews
[10:09] Andsim Hammerer: i kept forgfet that
[10:09] Nebadon Izumi: heh any luck Justin?
[10:09] Andrew Hellershanks: its ok, Andsim. I tend to forget most days.
[10:09] Justin Clark-Casey: no, mouselook kind of works but otherwise I seem to be playing an old top-down view game
[10:09] Justin Clark-Casey: think i'll try a relog
[10:10] Nebadon Izumi: ya probably good idea
[10:10] Justin Clark-Casey is Offline
[10:10] Nebadon Izumi: so everyone here, your inventory looking ok?
[10:10] Dave Coyle is Online
[10:10] Andrew Hellershanks: Um... you mean it might not?
[10:10] Key Gruin is Online
[10:10] Justin Clark-Casey is Online
[10:10] OtakuMegane Desu: Mine's fine
[10:11] Andsim Hammerer: my look finbe
[10:11] Nebadon Izumi: cool
[10:11] Justin Clark-Casey: that's better
[10:11] Nebadon Izumi: nice Justin
[10:11] Andrew Hellershanks: I have inventory. I couldn't tell you if anything is missing as I don't get here that often
[10:11] Nebadon Izumi: hmm dave you crashing?
[10:11] Dave Coyle: yeah
[10:11] Richardus Raymaker: this one ok. other i need to rechck . but still broke i think
[10:11] Nebadon Izumi: wierd
[10:11] Andsim Hammerer: but cant heard soundsd
[10:11] Penny Lane: Wb Justin :-)
[10:11] Nebadon Izumi: i saw you crash the same like second justin logged out
[10:11] Dave Coyle: every time i give the focus to chrome then back to imprudence i have trouble it seems
[10:12] Nebadon Izumi: ah that sucks
[10:12] Andrew Hellershanks: I have quite a few items in lost and found but they have been there for a while IIRC
[10:12] Nebadon Izumi: ya thats not a problem Andrew
[10:13] Penny Lane: I have Chromium running at the same time as Imprudence here, no problems. Although they're in different workspaces. I'll move Chromium to this workspace, and see if anything bad happens.
[10:13] Richardus Raymaker: nope. other avatar need to wait before he can wear hair again
[10:13] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: did you try 0.6.9-post-fixes with snoopy's patch? From the fact that it was reversed on master I see that it may not be good
[10:14] Nebadon Izumi: i think were running it here
[10:14] Nebadon Izumi: let me find the revision hash
[10:14] Andsim Hammerer: i have test 0.7.1 is quite bad scripting problem
[10:14] Nebadon Izumi: ya were working on that Andsim
[10:15] Dave Coyle is Online
[10:15] Nebadon Izumi: im doing a test now during teh meeting on my private grid
[10:15] Andrew Hellershanks: 0.7 is officialy out now?
[10:15] Andsim Hammerer: no
[10:15] Richardus Raymaker: no..
[10:15] Master Dubrovna: Sorry Neb was AFK. I do not have any inventory
[10:15] Nebadon Izumi: ok, you will get an Email once its restored
[10:15] Master Dubrovna: OK
[10:15] Nebadon Izumi: dave is working on that now
[10:15] Richardus Raymaker: and whats with osg3B plans ?
[10:15] Nebadon Izumi: probably why he keeps crashing
[10:15] Nebadon Izumi: hola Senoir
[10:15] Andrew Hellershanks: ok. Its a strange numbering scheme used here. Same as how a 0.7 post fixes branch exists with code when 0.7 isn't out
[10:15] Dave Coyle: sigh
[10:16] Nebadon Izumi: maybe use Firefox dave?
[10:16] Dave Coyle: same thing
[10:16] Nebadon Izumi: how odd
[10:16] Dave Coyle: maybe i'll just stop multitasking for an hour
[10:16] Nebadon Izumi: heh
[10:16] Nebadon Izumi: you need 6 computers like me
[10:16] Dave Coyle: yeah
[10:16] Andrew Hellershanks: 6?
[10:16] Nebadon Izumi: when in doubt next machine to the left
[10:16] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[10:16] Master Dubrovna: lol
[10:17] Andrew Hellershanks laughs
[10:17] Richardus Raymaker: i have 6 pc's. but i dont have space for it
[10:17] Andsim Hammerer: i can do muiltitask
[10:17] Nebadon Izumi: are you on tower PC dave?
[10:17] Nebadon Izumi: or is this netbook or something?
[10:17] Andrew Hellershanks: I'd be happy to have deskspace for two monitors so I don't have to switch desktops as often.
[10:17] Dave Coyle: laptop. not the mini though.
[10:17] OtakuMegane Desu: I multitask constantly.
[10:18] Nebadon Izumi: ah
[10:18] Andrew Hellershanks: I usually have lots going on at the same time.
[10:18] Nebadon Izumi: hehe gotta break out your mini for multitasking
[10:18] Andsim Hammerer: desktop here dual core
[10:18] Richardus Raymaker: if people say you dont get tired from pc's show them how we work :O
[10:18] Dave Coyle: heh, yeah, one laptop per application
[10:18] Andrew Hellershanks: Exactly, Richardus
[10:18] OtakuMegane Desu: I'm one of those people who actually needs the 8GB of RAM lol
[10:18] Andsim Hammerer: shhh. slow lol
[10:19] Nebadon Izumi: actually justin
[10:19] Nebadon Izumi: Snoopys patch will be re-instated i think
[10:19] Nebadon Izumi: it turned out not to be the problem
[10:19] Andsim Hammerer: oh
[10:19] Nebadon Izumi: have to ask diva about that
[10:19] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: ok, thanks
[10:19] Penny Lane: Dave: I've just been testing with Chromium in the same workspace as Imprudence, bringing it to the foreground and moving it back and changing focus, and can't get it to misbehave. Seems fine.
[10:19] Andrew Hellershanks: What does Snoopy's patch do?
[10:20] Nebadon Izumi: it reduces cpu load on script starting
[10:20] Nebadon Izumi: during sim startup
[10:20] Nebadon Izumi: i think
[10:20] Andrew Hellershanks: ok, cool. Yeah, that would be good to have.
[10:20] Justin Clark-Casey: yes
[10:20] Andsim Hammerer: yes good idea
[10:20] Andrew Hellershanks: I've got regions with hundreds(?) of scripts
[10:20] Nebadon Izumi: well to be honest
[10:20] Nebadon Izumi: i saw no imrpovement
[10:20] Nebadon Izumi: but she claims she does
[10:20] Nebadon Izumi: could just be certain scripts are nastier than others
[10:20] OtakuMegane Desu: It might depend
[10:21] Andrew Hellershanks: Depends on the scripts?
[10:21] Nebadon Izumi: probably
[10:21] OtakuMegane Desu: Yeah. Certain scripts. Or more visible results on a slower system
[10:21] Andsim Hammerer: depending on cpu?
[10:21] Andrew Hellershanks: That's another possibility
[10:21] Andrew Hellershanks: As long as it doesn't make things worse.
[10:21] Andsim Hammerer: my server got 3
[10:21] Key Gruin is Offline
[10:22] Nebadon Izumi: ya we thought it could be the reason for scripting issues in 0.7
[10:22] Nebadon Izumi: but after testing without it, its no differnt
[10:22] Nebadon Izumi: im testing a new patch now
[10:22] Nebadon Izumi: about to log in
[10:22] Nebadon Izumi: brb infact
[10:22] Andrew Hellershanks: k
[10:22] Andsim Hammerer: k
[10:23] OtakuMegane Desu: If you're running quad-core or something such patches may not be that noticeable unless it's a massive number of scripts. A single or dual-core though might notice a big difference though
[10:23] Nebadon Izumi: ya thats possible
[10:23] Andsim Hammerer: lol i was going to upgrade my grid but got on hold due scriping
[10:23] Andrew Hellershanks: I don't have quads. Would be nice to have.
[10:23] Nebadon Izumi: heh poor dave keeps crashing
[10:24] Andrew Hellershanks: I'm thinking about another update due to fixes re: some bug that could start filling up log file.
[10:25] Andrew Hellershanks: Welcome, Galen.
[10:25] Galen TechnoShaman: Good evening :) is it a bad time to interrput and ask for an invitation to the osg3b builders group?
[10:25] Galen TechnoShaman: Hello Andrew :)
[10:25] Andrew Hellershanks thinks of an SF series called B5 and also Crusade
[10:26] Richardus Raymaker: does opensim have some logrotae now build in ? logs are getting to big for 1 file
[10:26] Andrew Hellershanks: I often manually rotate logs on startup of an os instance.
[10:26] Justin Clark-Casey: not by default, but it wouldnt' surprise me if there's some way of doing it by changing the log4net settings in OpenSim.exe.config
[10:27] Andrew Hellershanks: Easiest thing to do is just set up a script to start OS and have it rotate logs before it starts the main code
[10:27] Nebadon Izumi: awesome stuff
[10:27] Nebadon Izumi: divas patch works
[10:27] Nebadon Izumi: she fixed the nasty scripting deadlock on 0.7.1
[10:27] Justin Clark-Casey: nice
[10:27] Andsim Hammerer: fixed the script?.
[10:27] Richardus Raymaker: it would be betetr if opensim is doing a rotate without restart
[10:27] Richardus Raymaker: nice.
[10:27] Andrew Hellershanks: yeah, that would be better for longer running regions
[10:28] Nebadon Izumi: fixed the scripting deadlock
[10:28] Nebadon Izumi: anytime you edit a script 2nd time it freezes sim
[10:28] Nebadon Izumi: thats fixed
[10:28] Andsim Hammerer: cool
[10:28] Richardus Raymaker: and how about the not compileinmg scripts ?
[10:28] Andrew Hellershanks: neb, cool. I saw the mantis about that
[10:28] Andsim Hammerer: yes i was in it
[10:29] Andsim Hammerer: but my name spell incorrectly
[10:29] Andrew Hellershanks: Forgot how to spell your own name? :-)
[10:29] Andsim Hammerer: lol
[10:29] Andsim Hammerer: in mantisis ndsim
[10:30] Andsim Hammerer: cant renme it
[10:30] Nebadon Izumi: Diva confirms Snoopys patch did not play a role
[10:30] Justin Clark-Casey: good
[10:31] Nebadon Izumi: so any other lingering issues people are seeing
[10:31] Nebadon Izumi: OSgrid inventory issues asside
[10:31] Andrew Hellershanks: Jumping tracks (as often happens here), I was working on wiredux last week. Been away for a few days at a convention over this past weekend. I'll be getting back to more wiredux issues later this week.
[10:31] Andsim Hammerer: i do
[10:31] Nebadon Izumi: great
[10:31] Andsim Hammerer: when i login in lbsai was poof of clod
[10:31] Andrew Hellershanks: I'll be starting to do the admin side of wiredux next.
[10:32] Nebadon Izumi: awesome
[10:32] Andsim Hammerer: cloud
[10:32] Nebadon Izumi: it really needs some major love
[10:32] Andrew Hellershanks: First step is to clean up cases where variables are used when they are not always pre-defined.
[10:32] Nebadon Izumi: i just purged the last remnants of redux from the osgrid servers this morning
[10:32] Nebadon Izumi: we are prepping next to kill Elgg
[10:33] Nebadon Izumi: moving onto SimianGrid Frontend
[10:33] Andsim Hammerer: o.o
[10:33] Andrew Hellershanks: redux was before wiredux?
[10:33] Nebadon Izumi: same thing
[10:33] Andrew Hellershanks: k
[10:33] Nebadon Izumi: Wiredux was actually mostly developed on server
[10:33] Andsim Hammerer: is new one work
[10:33] Andsim Hammerer: "?
[10:33] Nebadon Izumi: its not working yet
[10:33] Andrew Hellershanks: wiredux is still a bit of a mess but at least it should work to the extent it was developed to date.
[10:33] Nebadon Izumi: we wont be testing until next month
[10:34] Andsim Hammerer: i need my to do working
[10:34] Richardus Raymaker: have you planned a load test for today neb ?
[10:34] Nebadon Izumi: no Richardus
[10:34] Andrew Hellershanks: Once basic things been cleaned up in wiredux I'll get back to looking at ossearch module.
[10:34] Nebadon Izumi: more pressing issues at the moment
[10:34] Richardus Raymaker: ok. so we get a bumpy os3b ...
[10:34] Nebadon Izumi: i do hope to do another before the party though
[10:34] Nebadon Izumi: probably couple
[10:35] Nebadon Izumi: likely just not today
[10:35] Andrew Hellershanks: party?
[10:35] Nebadon Izumi: ya it will probably be a bit rocky this year
[10:35] Andrew Hellershanks thinks he should read the OS news page more often
[10:35] Nebadon Izumi: but were still trying to improve things a bit
[10:35] Nebadon Izumi: heh ya OSgrids 3rd Birthday
[10:35] Nebadon Izumi: is on the 22nd
[10:36] Richardus Raymaker: bring the page inworld and its easyer
[10:36] Arielle Popstar: will the simian grid frontend kill HG ability?
[10:36] Nebadon Izumi: heh speaking of Justin how is MOAB going
[10:36] Nebadon Izumi: ive not had time to test it yet
[10:36] Andrew Hellershanks: ah, cool. I missed the SL birthday this year (not that it mattered). I also tend to forget my own rez dates.
[10:36] Richardus Raymaker: SecondLag7B you mean ?
[10:36] Richardus Raymaker: whats MOAB ?
[10:37] Nebadon Izumi: SL 2.0 Media on prim stuff
[10:37] Andsim Hammerer: yes
[10:37] Richardus Raymaker: aha.
[10:37] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: hit a difficult patch with drag and drop not working
[10:37] Justin Clark-Casey: otherwise it's okay
[10:37] Andrew Hellershanks: Richardus, hehe... yeah... that's the one.
[10:38] Richardus Raymaker: symptoms ?
[10:38] Richardus Raymaker: symptoms ?
[10:38] Nebadon Izumi: cool
[10:38] Andrew Hellershanks: Richardus seems it was rather different than the last couple years.
[10:38] Nebadon Izumi: one of these years i'll get to test that Justin
[10:38] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[10:39] Richardus Raymaker: how's mariadb ?
[10:39] Justin Clark-Casey: I'm sure it will come to you eventually. If not viewer 2 then maybe one of the third party viewers will backport capability
[10:40] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[10:40] Nebadon Izumi: i still use hippo mostly
[10:40] Nebadon Izumi: looking forward to Imprudence 1.4
[10:40] Andrew Hellershanks: same here
[10:40] Andrew Hellershanks: re: hippo
[10:40] Nebadon Izumi: and the new media functions for video
[10:40] Nebadon Izumi: not MOAB support
[10:40] Nebadon Izumi: but FFmpeg support
[10:40] Nebadon Izumi: for streaming video
[10:41] Nebadon Izumi: we can have sound in videos again in IMprudence
[10:41] Richardus Raymaker: imprudence is much betetr with interface
[10:41] Nebadon Izumi: ya my only beef is my videos dont play right
[10:41] Andsim Hammerer: i on imprudence 1.30 beta
[10:41] Richardus Raymaker: hi akira, arielle
[10:41] Richardus Raymaker: on weekly
[10:41] Arielle Popstar: Hi Richardus
[10:41] Akira Sonoda: hello everybody !
[10:41] Nebadon Izumi: hello Akira
[10:42] Andrew Hellershanks: Hello, Akira
[10:42] Justin Clark-Casey: hi akira
[10:44] Richardus Raymaker: are ther emany inventory's lost ?
[10:44] Nebadon Izumi: i think we got 22 requests so far
[10:44] Nebadon Izumi: so not too bad
[10:44] Master Dubrovna: Anything in common?
[10:44] Nebadon Izumi: dave is working on restores now
[10:44] Richardus Raymaker: sure ? on the 100 avatars that are online. how many are online ?
[10:44] Nebadon Izumi: only that everyone has a completely fresh inventory
[10:45] Nebadon Izumi: not sure Richardus
[10:45] Andrew Hellershanks: where whole inventories geting lost or just some items?
[10:45] Nebadon Izumi: the website counts will hold ont crashed avatars for a while
[10:45] Nebadon Izumi: its an estimate mostly
[10:45] Richardus Raymaker: mine other is complete empty in inventoyr. maby not in dbv
[10:45] Master Dubrovna: Whole Andrew
[10:45] Andrew Hellershanks: ok
[10:45] Master Dubrovna: Mine is completely empty
[10:45] Andsim Hammerer: my wasnt
[10:45] Andrew Hellershanks: been there done that in the past with inventory loss.
[10:45] Arielle Popstar: mine was except the trash bin ;)
[10:46] Nebadon Izumi: it wont be long Master Dubrovna
[10:46] Andrew Hellershanks: bbiab
[10:46] Master Dubrovna: no problem
[10:46] Simulator Version v0.5 shouts: OpenSim 0.6.9 (Post_Fixes) c7a2e1b: 2010-07-08 10:17:28 -0700 (Unix/Mono)
[10:46] Master Dubrovna: I can wait
[10:46] Master Dubrovna: :)
[10:46] Nebadon Izumi: it will be today though
[10:46] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[10:46] Master Dubrovna: OK thanks
[10:47] Andsim Hammerer: well grid be off line?
[10:47] Andsim Hammerer: will*
[10:47] Nebadon Izumi: not today
[10:47] Nebadon Izumi: but over the next few weeks/months
[10:47] Nebadon Izumi: there will several down time periods
[10:47] Nebadon Izumi: for the website upgrade
[10:48] Nebadon Izumi: for Asset Server Hardware upgrade
[10:48] Nebadon Izumi: and for the migration to 0.7
[10:48] Nebadon Izumi: not really in that order
[10:48] Nebadon Izumi: but those are some of the points the grid will be down
[10:48] Arielle Popstar: will the simiangrid frontend kill HG ability?
[10:48] Nebadon Izumi: no
[10:49] Arielle Popstar: ok, didnt see an option in .7 to enable it
[10:49] Andsim Hammerer: shh. need to upgrade my os later
[10:49] Richardus Raymaker: after 0.7 migration it wil be a mess for a week i guess. all regions need to upgrade
[10:49] Arielle Popstar: and wasnt able to when i was on a region with simian
[10:49] Andsim Hammerer: yep
[10:49] Nebadon Izumi: we are not running SimianGrid
[10:50] Andsim Hammerer: i am going with my
[10:50] Nebadon Izumi: front end is just a web interface
[10:50] Nebadon Izumi: it will connect to Robust server
[10:50] Arielle Popstar: ok
[10:50] Nebadon Izumi: at some point when SimianGrid is more complete we will probably change over, but thats not anytime soon
[10:51] Nebadon Izumi: we'll remain on Robust as long as we can
[10:51] Andsim Hammerer: yep
[10:51] Nebadon Izumi: and will likely only switch if we absolutly find Robust becomes not enough for this grid
[10:52] Justin Clark-Casey: do you know what jhurliman is working on atm?
[10:52] Master Dubrovna: My inventory is restored. Looks good now
[10:52] Nebadon Izumi: not sure they were doing some conference thing few weeks ago
[10:53] Nebadon Izumi: preparing for that
[10:53] Nebadon Izumi: then i guess the actual event
[10:53] Nebadon Izumi: i assume Simiangrid and load balancing though
[10:53] Nebadon Izumi: Mic Bowman is shooting for Sept 1, ScienceSim will be officially switching over to Full SimanGrid
[10:53] Nebadon Izumi: so my guess is thats what they are working on
[10:53] Nebadon Izumi: but im not 100% sure
[10:54] Andsim Hammerer: dont want it until it fix
[10:54] Andsim Hammerer: try it*
[10:54] Nebadon Izumi: its working pretty good, its just no finished yet
[10:54] Nebadon Izumi: but its getting close
[10:55] Nebadon Izumi: like i said Intel is planning on switching their entire grid to Simiangrid by September 1st
[10:55] Andsim Hammerer: yep
[10:55] Nebadon Izumi: to be honest ive been too busy with other things to be much involved in simiangrid right now
[10:55] Justin Clark-Casey: what are the real differences between simiangrid and robust?
[10:55] Nebadon Izumi: mostly just that its php vs C# of course obvious one
[10:55] Justin Clark-Casey: potential scalability, running as php in a webserver?
[10:55] Nebadon Izumi: but Simiangrid is a bit more complete too
[10:55] Nebadon Izumi: it offers Web Interface for one
[10:55] Nebadon Izumi: has groups and profiles built in
[10:56] Nebadon Izumi: have a really nice generic storage system
[10:56] Andsim Hammerer: have anyone try xoopensim for xoopscube?
[10:56] Nebadon Izumi: for modules to attach to
[10:56] Justin Clark-Casey: ah I see. interesting
[10:56] Nebadon Izumi: heh i wouldnt run xoops on a machine not connected to the internet
[10:56] Arielle Popstar: floating through...
[10:56] Andsim Hammerer: lol
[10:57] Andsim Hammerer: i am trying setup
[10:57] Nebadon Izumi: i gave up on xoops years ago
[10:57] Nebadon Izumi: that project is a mess
[10:57] Andsim Hammerer: ok
[10:57] Andsim Hammerer: what is good to use
[10:57] Andsim Hammerer: i have no register
[10:57] Nebadon Izumi: in terms of CMS there is not a whole lot of choice
[10:57] Nebadon Izumi: Drupal is probably the best
[10:58] Nebadon Izumi: but i really cant stand any of these 10000:1 CMS packages
[10:58] Andsim Hammerer: ok
[10:58] Nebadon Izumi: they are all soo massively overkill anymore
[10:59] Richardus Raymaker: the nevewr do what you want
[10:59] Andsim Hammerer: old wi is broken cant make it to work
[10:59] paulie Flomar is Offline
[11:00] Nebadon Izumi: Andrew is working on it
[11:00] Nebadon Izumi: for 0.6.9 support anyway
[11:00] Andsim Hammerer: i know he told me
[11:00] Nebadon Izumi: 0.7 is a totally differnt story
[11:00] Penny Lane: The other thing that's worth mentioning is that Hurli is using SimianGrid as a vehicle for testing possible VWRAP protocols in practice, and that's not being done with ROBUST. (Though it could be.)
[11:00] Nebadon Izumi: i doubt its gonna happen in core opensim anytime soon
[11:00] Nebadon Izumi: Vwrap that is
[11:01] Nebadon Izumi: i cant name one Core dev thats interested in Vwrap
[11:01] Penny Lane: Especially login portability and decoupled asset services for interop between grids. None of that in ROBUST currently.
[11:01] Andrew Hellershanks: andsim, wi is working for me to the extent I have used it. For somethings I just go in to the DB's (if I have to).
[11:01] Nebadon Izumi: not right now anyway
[11:01] Richardus Raymaker: you mean fly to other grid ?
[11:01] Nebadon Izumi: but honestly Vwrap and HG interop
[11:01] Nebadon Izumi: from my understanding the spec is virrtually the same
[11:01] Nebadon Izumi: not that there is any official specs
[11:01] Andrew Hellershanks: Andsim, if it works (or not) for someone else may depend on what features they are using or want to see.
[11:02] Penny Lane: VWRAP uses external shared services which can be shared between grids. As a result, when you TP to another grid, your clothes and other assets can travel with you.
[11:02] Andsim Hammerer: it simple regiter user for grid
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: so will HG 1.5
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: and HG2
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: the spec is identical to vwrap
[11:02] Andrew Hellershanks: I may have to leave anytime now. I'm expecting someone to drop by. (they are usually late)
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: jhulriman claims they will likely be compatible
[11:02] Penny Lane: Yep, it's quite related in some ways to HG
[11:02] Richardus Raymaker: bye andrew
[11:03] Nebadon Izumi: k Andrew we have put in the full hour anyway
[11:03] Justin Clark-Casey: bye andrew
[11:03] Andrew Hellershanks: From a very quick look at website, simian grid replaces robust and makes it easier to hook on a front end?

Personal tools
About This Wiki