Chat log from the meeting on 2010-05-04

From OpenSimulator

Jump to: navigation, search
Tuesday Meeting @ Wright Plaza on OSGrid

[09:56] Nebadon Izumi: hello Warin
[09:56] Warin Cascabel: Howdy, Nebadon
[09:56] Charles Krinke: Morning, Warin
[09:56] Nebadon Izumi: oh and Sarah too :)
[09:56] Warin Cascabel: Morning, Charles
[09:56] Sarah Kline: hi
[09:56] Warin Cascabel: And everyone
[09:56] Akira Sonoda: hello Warin
[09:56] Nebadon Izumi: hehe ya and everyone i missed
[09:56] Charles Krinke: Orientation Island looks good with the Steampunk meets StarTrek theme
[09:56] Warin Cascabel: Thanks, Charles. :)
[09:56] Master Dubrovna: Hi all
[09:56] Richardus Raymaker: hi akira
[09:57] Warin Cascabel: Was just working on it, figured I'd give myself a break. :)
[09:57] Sarah Kline: hi Richard
[09:57] Richardus Raymaker: hi sarah, warin
[09:57] Warin Cascabel: Hello, Richardus
[09:57] Richardus Raymaker: hi menado
[09:57] Nebadon Izumi: nice, i'll have to swing by later check it out, ive been meaning to gather some thigns up for that region
[09:57] Richardus Raymaker: oop nebadon
[09:57] Nebadon Izumi: need to get on the ball
[09:57] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[09:57] Warin Cascabel: Yeah, I'm finally getting my ass in gear again...
[09:57] Sarah Kline: shall i sit in Fu's seat again just to annoy him )
[09:58] Nebadon Izumi: hehe hello Richardus
[09:58] Charles Krinke: I want to plant an idea in your head, Warin. I think a corner of Orientation island or a plaza with the graffitti board and html-on-a-prim along with the source on a prim and a description of how it works would be a *good thing*
[09:58] Sarah Kline: no i wont )
[09:58] Warin Cascabel: I'll see what I can work in, Charles.
[09:59] Charles Krinke: I am hoping sometime to see an easily-findable "OSGrid Ivory Tower" and "OSGrid College of Scripting" to help our users along, also.
[09:59] Warin Cascabel: Adelle and I were kicking around the idea of putting together a region to teach scripting, as a matter of fact.
[09:59] Nebadon Izumi: nice
[09:59] Charles Krinke: coolness, I think that would help a lot
[09:59] Nebadon Izumi: that would be great
[10:00] Warin Cascabel: I used to teach building and scripting in SL, under a different name - I still have all my notes and such.
[10:00] Charles Krinke: After all, after you get past moving, chatting, flying and exploring, "How can I understand how some of this magic works?" is the next step
[10:00] Snoopy Pfeffer is Online
[10:00] Warin Cascabel: Agreed, Charles.
[10:00] Nebadon Izumi: hey Bluewall
[10:00] Nebadon Izumi: hows it going man
[10:00] Richardus Raymaker: hi bluewall
[10:00] Charles Krinke: I would think that to the extent we can teach others how the magic works, we have done a good service for the community
[10:00] BlueWall Slade: Hi
[10:00] Snoopy Pfeffer: hi all :)
[10:00] Charles Krinke: Morning, Bluewall
[10:01] BlueWall Slade: Hello
[10:01] Akira Sonoda: hey BlueWall
[10:01] Frank Northmead: Hello everyone
[10:01] Richardus Raymaker: hi charles
[10:01] Sarah Kline: hi
[10:01] Charles Krinke: hi, Richardus, Sarah, Snoopy
[10:01] BlueWall Slade: Hi Neb
[10:01] BlueWall Slade: pretty good
[10:01] Nebadon Izumi: nice turnout today, thanks for coming everyone
[10:01] Snoopy Pfeffer: hi Charles nice to see you again :)
[10:02] BlueWall Slade: Hi Charles
[10:02] Charles Krinke: been a bit busy the last few months, but I see OSGrid is progressing
[10:02] Charles Krinke: thanks to the tireless efforts of all here
[10:02] Charles Krinke: It brings tears of joy to my eyes to see things moving forward
[10:03] Warin Cascabel: :)
[10:03] Sarah Kline: :-)
[10:03] BlueWall Slade: it has come a long way
[10:03] Snoopy Pfeffer: hi Neb, Sarah, Rich, Master, Frank, Jacek, Warin, BlueWall and Akira :)
[10:03] Richardus Raymaker: :)
[10:03] Snoopy Pfeffer: yes :)
[10:03] Richardus Raymaker: hi snoopy !
[10:03] Frank Northmead: ㋡
[10:03] Warin Cascabel: Hello, Snoopy
[10:03] BlueWall Slade: Hi Snoopy
[10:03] Sarah Kline: hiyas
[10:03] BlueWall Slade: lol, Fran - showoff
[10:03] BlueWall Slade: <k
[10:03] Tiffany Sicling: Hi all ! :)
[10:04] Akira Sonoda: Hello Snoopy :-)
[10:04] BlueWall Slade: Hi Tiffany
[10:04] Jacek Antonelli: Hello :)
[10:04] Akira Sonoda: hey tiffany
[10:04] Richardus Raymaker: hi tiffany
[10:04] Snoopy Pfeffer: hi Tiffany and Leelee
[10:04] Charles Krinke: Snoopy: Can anything be done to make the StarGate more functional on Samsara?
[10:04] leelee szymer: hello
[10:04] Snoopy Pfeffer: oh yes that is a problem
[10:04] Snoopy Pfeffer: sure
[10:04] Dahlia Trimble is Online
[10:04] Snoopy Pfeffer: I need the new version
[10:04] Snoopy Pfeffer: the version that I have installed is quite old
[10:05] Charles Krinke: Understood
[10:05] Snoopy Pfeffer: and the urls need an update
[10:05] Tiffany Sicling: which gate is that?
[10:05] Snoopy Pfeffer: I did hear there is a new version with a backdoor! :(
[10:05] Charles Krinke: I rode the train around Meue the other day and it was absolutely fantastic
[10:05] Snoopy Pfeffer: that is why I did not update it till now
[10:05] Richardus Raymaker: im waiting for new HG/stargate to. thats why i have ot installed mine back. offcorse sofar i remeber the region is HG enabled
[10:05] Snoopy Pfeffer: yes
[10:05] Snoopy Pfeffer: WhiteStar works a new one
[10:05] Richardus Raymaker: backdoors ? :((
[10:05] Tiffany Sicling: who is making the stargates nowadays ?
[10:05] Snoopy Pfeffer: yes
[10:06] Snoopy Pfeffer: a girl made one
[10:06] Snoopy Pfeffer: with some bad code inside
[10:06] Snoopy Pfeffer: I hope that White will find to finish his
[10:06] Snoopy Pfeffer: I trust what he does
[10:07] Snoopy Pfeffer: hi Justin
[10:07] Justin Clark-Casey: hi snoopy, folks
[10:07] Richardus Raymaker: question: the new opensim version. wil that stop the endless prim return after restarts ? i have someone that gets a bit crazy from it. he have 2.7K in lost e& found to sort out
[10:07] Nebadon Izumi: hello Justin
[10:07] Jacek Antonelli: Hi Justin
[10:07] Akira Sonoda: hi justin
[10:07] Nebadon Izumi: hello Dahlia
[10:07] BlueWall Slade: Hello Justin
[10:07] Richardus Raymaker: hi dahlia
[10:07] Snoopy Pfeffer: yes that is annoying
[10:07] Sarah Kline: hiyas
[10:07] Snoopy Pfeffer: hi Dahlia
[10:07] Akira Sonoda: hi dahlia
[10:07] Charles Krinke: Morning, Justin, Dahlia
[10:07] Justin Clark-Casey: richarus: I would suggest that the guy download rc2 and try it out - it's not something I've seen myself
[10:07] Justin Clark-Casey: hey charles
[10:07] Snoopy Pfeffer: some renter did complain about taht bug
[10:07] Snoopy Pfeffer: that*
[10:08] Snoopy Pfeffer: I also see that
[10:08] Richardus Raymaker: then i need to install it JCC :)
[10:08] Snoopy Pfeffer: I have to regularly have to clean on of my renters private sandbox region manually
[10:08] Justin Clark-Casey: there will be a lot of fixes in 0.6.9
[10:08] Nebadon Izumi: ya i have not seen that either Richardus
[10:08] Richardus Raymaker: i tes 0.6.9pre i think
[10:08] BlueWall Slade: feels weird runnnig so far behind head these days
[10:08] Dahlia Trimble: hi
[10:08] Snoopy Pfeffer: well I also see that
[10:09] Justin Clark-Casey: hi dahlia
[10:09] Richardus Raymaker: snoopy, i have auto return. so i dont see it
[10:09] Snoopy Pfeffer: hi Dahlia :)
[10:09] BlueWall Slade: Hello Dahlia
[10:09] Snoopy Pfeffer: auto return is the worst!
[10:09] BlueWall Slade: .
[10:09] Tiffany Sicling: Hi Dahlia
[10:09] Snoopy Pfeffer: these returned objects come back regularly, until I delete them manually
[10:09] Snoopy Pfeffer: and they even stay as ghost prims!
[10:09] Nebadon Izumi: maybe a script?
[10:09] Richardus Raymaker: but for then my region keeps clean
[10:10] Snoopy Pfeffer: no even simple prims have that problem
[10:10] Snoopy Pfeffer: it's the same for all objects
[10:10] Bri Hasp is Online
[10:10] BlueWall Slade: if there are huge scripts in them they will crash thhe region on autoreturn too
[10:10] Snoopy Pfeffer: the objects stay in th database
[10:10] Snoopy Pfeffer: oh yes
[10:10] Richardus Raymaker: yes
[10:10] Nebadon Izumi: ya i have seen that bluewall
[10:10] Snoopy Pfeffer: I also see that regularly
[10:10] Bri Hasp is Offline
[10:10] Snoopy Pfeffer: I set such objects to "temporary"
[10:10] BlueWall Slade: that is a bad bug - seems to be in xengine
[10:11] Richardus Raymaker: oh
[10:11] Snoopy Pfeffer: then it might crash the sim once or twice
[10:11] BlueWall Slade: I need to learn to read stack traces
[10:11] Snoopy Pfeffer: after that they are gone
[10:11] Charles Krinke: Are there Mantis issues we can use to put crash/failures into to help the devs move forward on these?
[10:11] Richardus Raymaker: but without autoreturn you never find all prims. prim count etc. is not perfect
[10:11] Snoopy Pfeffer: oh yes that texture decoding on 64 bit servers is still a serious issue
[10:12] Snoopy Pfeffer: some corporations see that as show stopper to use opensim
[10:12] Akira Sonoda nods to snoopy
[10:12] BlueWall Slade: with the open collar - which has enough code to sned an unmanned vehicle to mars enters a region, if the avatar leaves before all the scripts are running it crashes the sim
[10:12] Justin Clark-Casey: snoopy: any you can name? ;)
[10:12] Nebadon Izumi: this sim is running in x64
[10:12] Penny Lane: Our clothes seem to be disappearing here today.
[10:12] Richardus Raymaker: so better turn autoretuirn off for now then
[10:12] Justin Clark-Casey: woooooo!
[10:12] Warin Cascabel: Heh
[10:12] Charles Krinke: Good point, Snoopy. 64bit is becoming much more mainstream then it was 2 years ago.
[10:12] Snoopy Pfeffer: name what? ;)
[10:12] BlueWall Slade: there is a deadlock in there where the script engine is trying to load the - now gone - script
[10:12] Justin Clark-Casey: I didn't know it was going to be *that* kind of meeting
[10:12] Tiffany Sicling: I was wearing different hair before I TP'd here
[10:12] Snoopy Pfeffer: guessing bitrate something is the message
[10:12] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[10:13] Justin Clark-Casey: snoopy: these corporations. I'm joking- I knowthe answer is probably no
[10:13] Snoopy Pfeffer: yes
[10:13] Snoopy Pfeffer: oh hehe
[10:13] Armin Weatherwax: Hi :)
[10:13] Snoopy Pfeffer: they run trials on my servers
[10:13] Justin Clark-Casey: hi snoopy
[10:13] Snoopy Pfeffer: I work on being allowed to tell their names
[10:13] Justin Clark-Casey: oops, armin
[10:13] Snoopy Pfeffer: :)
[10:13] Justin Clark-Casey: snoopy: what we really need are more developers to fix these bugs
[10:13] Armin Weatherwax: lol
[10:13] Snoopy Pfeffer: some are really big corporations
[10:13] Snoopy Pfeffer: doing real stuff already hehe
[10:13] Snoopy Pfeffer: yes
[10:14] Snoopy Pfeffer: I know
[10:14] Snoopy Pfeffer: dont look at me like this hehe ;)
[10:14] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[10:14] Justin Clark-Casey: heh
[10:14] Snoopy Pfeffer: :)
[10:14] Nebadon Izumi: any other quirks people are seeing
[10:14] Nebadon Izumi: ?
[10:14] Nebadon Izumi: ive been doing alot of building here at Wright Plaza, its been going very well
[10:15] Nebadon Izumi: get the occasional frozen sim
[10:15] Akira Sonoda: banning does not work
[10:15] BlueWall Slade: textures don't get applied all the time
[10:15] Richardus Raymaker: is the prim count/avatar already working good ? and view there prims. else you never find all back
[10:15] Justin Clark-Casey: yeah, that bizarre texture mapping bug is annoying
[10:15] Charles Krinke: I think we have gone out of our way to not implement banning on OSGrid.
[10:15] Richardus Raymaker: banning dont work ? wich one akira. estate or parcel ?
[10:15] Nebadon Izumi: ya i see that when i try to apply texture to all sides of prim
[10:15] Nebadon Izumi: usually have to do it twice
[10:15] BlueWall Slade: yes, that ias the one
[10:16] Justin Clark-Casey: so very annoying - unfortunately not yet caught me at a point where I had timetolook at it
[10:16] BlueWall Slade: linksets are weird, but I thihnk I saw an update on those
[10:16] Warin Cascabel: Did allowing another avatar to modify your objects ever work? I thought it had once upon a time, but it doesn't seem to be working today.
[10:16] Nebadon Izumi: i dont think so Warin
[10:16] Akira Sonoda: so i have to live with those guys filling my regions with rotating prims?
[10:16] Nebadon Izumi: only estate managers could
[10:16] Nebadon Izumi: i think
[10:16] Justin Clark-Casey: warin: it works in master with groups
[10:16] Warin Cascabel: OK, thanks, Nebadon.
[10:16] Snoopy Pfeffer: lol
[10:16] Warin Cascabel: And thanks, Justin.
[10:16] Justin Clark-Casey: group modification does work in current master
[10:17] Dale Glass: hmm, something wrong with lbsa?
[10:17] Warin Cascabel: Akira: banning does work, at either the region or estate level. Or at least it used to.
[10:17] Nebadon Izumi: ah ok ya i guess thats one way to do it
[10:17] Snoopy Pfeffer: there is a problem with certain about land settings using 1.23.x based viewrs
[10:17] Justin Clark-Casey: unfortunately that is too recent a change to be in 0.6.9
[10:17] Snoopy Pfeffer: especially voice settings cannot be changed
[10:17] Snoopy Pfeffer: 1.22.x works
[10:17] Snoopy Pfeffer: looks like some protocol changes we did not implement
[10:18] Snoopy Pfeffer: hi Dale
[10:18] Nebadon Izumi: Snoopy
[10:18] Charles Krinke: Do we need to formalize the different viewer testing groups?
[10:18] Nebadon Izumi: get the new hoppo
[10:18] Nebadon Izumi: Hippo 0.6.3
[10:18] Nebadon Izumi: you can change voice settings
[10:18] Snoopy Pfeffer: the newest Hippo has the same problem
[10:18] BlueWall Slade: it crashes on my workstation
[10:18] Snoopy Pfeffer: hm
[10:18] Nebadon Izumi: hmm i was able to do it here
[10:18] Nebadon Izumi: on Wright Plaza
[10:18] Snoopy Pfeffer: the one based on 1.23.x?
[10:18] Snoopy Pfeffer: I could not
[10:18] BlueWall Slade: not sure what it is built on, but it doesn't like my libc
[10:18] Nebadon Izumi: Hippo OpenSim Viewer 0.6.3 (LL 1.23.5) Apr 30 2010 22:08:16 (Hippo Release)
[10:18] Snoopy Pfeffer: just 1.22.x based viewers work
[10:19] Snoopy Pfeffer: strange!
[10:19] Nebadon Izumi: im able to do it here
[10:19] Snoopy Pfeffer: oh you use Vivox
[10:19] Snoopy Pfeffer: I use freeswitch
[10:19] Nebadon Izumi: ya we do use vivox
[10:19] Nebadon Izumi: hmm
[10:19] Snoopy Pfeffer: but that should not change anything
[10:19] Nebadon Izumi: i guess thats possibilty
[10:19] Snoopy Pfeffer: just how?
[10:19] Nebadon Izumi: ya seems like it wouldnt matter
[10:19] Snoopy Pfeffer: it is just a setting
[10:19] Melanie Milland is Online
[10:19] Nebadon Izumi: i do have to enable admin menu to get it to not be greyed otu
[10:19] Nebadon Izumi: but i can toggle it
[10:19] Snoopy Pfeffer: oh
[10:19] Snoopy Pfeffer: strange
[10:20] Snoopy Pfeffer: I did not try that
[10:20] Nebadon Izumi: ya maybe thats it
[10:20] Nebadon Izumi: that would be nice
[10:20] Snoopy Pfeffer: as parcel owner you should be able to change voice settings
[10:20] Nebadon Izumi: hmm ya probably
[10:20] Snoopy Pfeffer: with 1.22.x it works
[10:20] Nebadon Izumi: i dont know how that works in SL
[10:20] Snoopy Pfeffer: hi melanie
[10:20] Nebadon Izumi: i never used voice in SL ever
[10:20] Nebadon Izumi: Hey mel
[10:20] Snoopy Pfeffer: well it works like that in sl
[10:20] Richardus Raymaker: i anyway never use voice
[10:21] Nebadon Izumi: ok thats good to know
[10:21] Snoopy Pfeffer: parcel owners can change it
[10:21] Dahlia Trimble: hi
[10:21] Melanie Milland: parcel owners can change the voice settings to use the estate channel, a private channel, or disable
[10:21] Nebadon Izumi: ok something we need to mantis and get patched up at some point
[10:21] Melanie Milland: but only if the estate allows voice
[10:21] Snoopy Pfeffer: yes
[10:21] Nebadon Izumi: that doesnt appear to be working with Freeswtich mel
[10:21] Snoopy Pfeffer: with 1.23.x basd viewers that does not work
[10:21] Snoopy Pfeffer: 1.22.x is ok
[10:21] Nebadon Izumi: hmm ya thats wierd
[10:21] Richardus Raymaker: btw, is the new version already visible at the horizon. (with telescope) ?
[10:22] Snoopy Pfeffer: .
[10:22] Nebadon Izumi: telescope?
[10:22] Melanie Milland: new version of what?
[10:22] Richardus Raymaker: the new opemnsim version
[10:22] Nebadon Izumi: oh you mean on
[10:22] Melanie Milland: do you mean 0.6.9 release?
[10:22] Nebadon Izumi: I think justin was working on that ?
[10:22] Melanie Milland: or the 0.7 cycle?
[10:22] Justin Clark-Casey: richardus: about a week, maybe next monday
[10:22] Richardus Raymaker: osgriid. normally use only that one
[10:22] Justin Clark-Casey: richardus: ah, that's different
[10:22] Richardus Raymaker: the 0.7 cycle
[10:23] Snoopy Pfeffer: lol do we start giving version names? ;) the "telescope edition"? ;)
[10:23] Nebadon Izumi: oh the OSgrid release is from the 30th
[10:23] Richardus Raymaker: thats why we need the telescope
[10:23] Michael Fisher: is this meeting for anyone
[10:23] Nebadon Izumi: im not sure when next update will be
[10:23] Melanie Milland: there is no web interface that works with 0.7
[10:23] Nebadon Izumi: yes Michael
[10:23] Justin Clark-Casey: michael: sure
[10:23] Nebadon Izumi: your welcome to sit in
[10:23] Lani Global: greetings
[10:23] Justin Clark-Casey: hi lani
[10:23] Richardus Raymaker: hello lani
[10:23] Snoopy Pfeffer: hi Lani
[10:23] Lani Global: griefer in lbsa
[10:23] Deana Later: Hi
[10:23] Richardus Raymaker: again ..
[10:23] Richardus Raymaker: whats he doing ?
[10:23] Sarah Kline: hi
[10:24] Lani Global: rotating mass of attachments
[10:24] Deana Later: ღ¸.•* LoL *•.¸ღ
[10:24] Deana Later: excellent timing... think a few ppl here can handle him
[10:24] Richardus Raymaker: aah. still have not seen it
[10:24] Lani Global: Paride Maranza
[10:24] Penny Lane: Has anyone seen MCortez recently? OSgrid group chat seems to be broken, so we haven't been able to test OSgrid with Latif's Jarilo chat bridge.
[10:24] Lani Global: is his avi name
[10:24] Richardus Raymaker: the can only rezz objects from a wearing attachment .. else i dont know how the want to rezz something
[10:25] Michael Fisher: i heard there was one yesterday picking on a kid then he started on everyone
[10:25] Lani Global: i orbited him, made him relog
[10:25] Lani Global: but he came back
[10:25] Snoopy Pfeffer: oh there is another bug we found: HG visitors that give local users objects cause problems
[10:25] Dahlia Trimble: theres orbiters now?
[10:25] Lani Global: since i can't rezz there...
[10:25] Warin Cascabel is Offline
[10:26] Snoopy Pfeffer: inventory to inventory transfers seem not to copy the assets associated to the local asset store
[10:26] Deana Later: yes i think someone just popped over
[10:26] Lani Global: want an orbiter? i just scripted one
[10:26] Snoopy Pfeffer: one of mx renters had problems because of that on his standalone
[10:26] Dahlia Trimble: sure :)
[10:26] Warin Cascabel is Online
[10:26] Lani Global: watch out tho this one is really a badass
[10:26] BlueWall Slade: lol
[10:26] Snoopy Pfeffer: because the assets were not in the database of this kind of transfers
[10:26] Michael Fisher: what is an orbiter
[10:26] Lani Global: it has been causing relogs and need for cache dumps
[10:26] Dahlia Trimble: lol
[10:27] Snoopy Pfeffer: but maybe that was fixed in the newest opensim versions
[10:27] Snoopy Pfeffer: anyway it would be good to check if asset transfers are ok
[10:27] Melanie Milland: assets are not copied unless hypergridded
[10:27] Snoopy Pfeffer: for inventory to inventory and rezzing
[10:27] Dahlia Trimble: ty :)
[10:27] Melanie Milland: if you set up a region on osg with local asset store
[10:28] Snoopy Pfeffer: .
[10:28] Snoopy Pfeffer: it was HG
[10:28] Melanie Milland: that constellation is not handled transparently
[10:28] Melanie Milland: ok
[10:28] Snoopy Pfeffer: the visitor came from OSGrid and he did visit a standalone
[10:28] Melanie Milland: for HG, that should be done
[10:28] Snoopy Pfeffer: yes
[10:28] Snoopy Pfeffer: on both sides
[10:29] Snoopy Pfeffer: but that's the version used in OSGRid, not the newest version
[10:29] Snoopy Pfeffer: wow much lag :(
[10:29] Nebadon Izumi: let me check the other sims
[10:29] Justin Clark-Casey: ping
[10:29] Nebadon Izumi: make sure nothigns hogging all the cpu
[10:29] Nebadon Izumi: sandbox was hung
[10:29] Nebadon Izumi: i killed it until after meeting
[10:30] Nebadon Izumi: nice amount of folks here today though
[10:30] Nebadon Izumi: this is a nice load test
[10:30] Justin Clark-Casey: last week there was virtually nobody
[10:30] Nebadon Izumi: its not a CPU issue
[10:30] Nebadon Izumi: CPU is 71% for this sim
[10:30] Nebadon Izumi: out of 400%
[10:30] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[10:30] Dahlia Trimble: I count 25 people and 19137 prims
[10:31] Nebadon Izumi: its spiking up above 100% now and then
[10:31] Nebadon Izumi: like 130% is highest so far
[10:31] Snoopy Pfeffer: do you use linux with monoe?
[10:31] Snoopy Pfeffer: mono*
[10:31] Snoopy Pfeffer: the max num of threads value is very critical
[10:31] Pingout Duffield: i'll get the log later
[10:31] Nebadon Izumi: yes this is mono 2.6.4 on x64 Suse 11.1
[10:31] Snoopy Pfeffer: too high or too low causes startup problems
[10:32] Snoopy Pfeffer: ah ok
[10:32] Nebadon Izumi: actually 11.2
[10:32] Snoopy Pfeffer: ofen only a range of about 5 or 10 values works!
[10:32] Richardus Raymaker: 2.6.4 ?
[10:32] Snoopy Pfeffer: you have to find these
[10:32] Nebadon Izumi: i think i have mono threads at 500
[10:32] Snoopy Pfeffer: well it is not so easy
[10:32] Snoopy Pfeffer: too high or too low does not work
[10:32] Dahlia Trimble: do we still care about mono threads?
[10:33] Penny Lane: According to my AO, Dahlia is arriving every 5 seconds. ;-) I think I'll turn it off
[10:33] Snoopy Pfeffer: with maybe 10 values in the range between 20 and 500 lol
[10:33] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[10:33] Snoopy Pfeffer: that means some searching to find working numbers
[10:33] Nebadon Izumi: cause she was flying around
[10:33] Penny Lane: Ah
[10:33] Snoopy Pfeffer: I hope the mono guys will fix that problem soon
[10:33] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[10:33] Melanie Milland: that's blondes for you
[10:33] Nebadon Izumi: rofl
[10:33] Penny Lane: Awwww
[10:33] Snoopy Pfeffer: lol
[10:34] BlueWall Slade: Haa
[10:34] Snoopy Pfeffer: dont say anything against blondes! I warn you ;)
[10:34] Snoopy Pfeffer: hehe
[10:34] Dahlia Trimble: awww I crashed :(
[10:34] Snoopy Pfeffer: did you?
[10:34] Frank Northmead: Am I the only one seeing grey people? About 1/2 of you all are grey.
[10:34] Nebadon Izumi: i see a few grey people
[10:35] Melanie Milland: i see a few grey people
[10:35] Nebadon Izumi: thats not to abnormal
[10:35] Snoopy Pfeffer: yes many are gray
[10:35] BlueWall Slade: I seee a few
[10:35] Snoopy Pfeffer: strange
[10:35] Melanie Milland: jinx!
[10:35] Justin Clark-Casey: yeah, I see a few grey people too
[10:35] Nebadon Izumi: teleporting can effect it
[10:35] Lani Global: take me to your leader. we are the grays.
[10:35] Snoopy Pfeffer: well I do not see that often anymore
[10:35] Frank Northmead: I for one welcome our new gray overlords
[10:35] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[10:35] Zardoz Firanelli: I get that too and textures stuke at 64 or 128.
[10:35] Zardoz Firanelli: *stuck
[10:35] Justin Clark-Casey: now that is a wierd effect on lbsa plaza
[10:35] Dahlia Trimble is Online
[10:36] Lani Global: yes, half the people here are gray
[10:37] Justin Clark-Casey: lots of rotating prims - not as bad as being able to arbitrarily link at least
[10:37] Snoopy Pfeffer: maybe caused by the CSJ2K bug "Requested bitrate is too small"?
[10:37] Snoopy Pfeffer: "guessing sane defaults"
[10:37] Richardus Raymaker: i have not seen rotating prims ?
[10:37] Justin Clark-Casey: richardus: clearly you should hang out on lbsa plaza more :)
[10:38] Sarah Kline: you will see rotating buildings
[10:38] Lani Global: simple rotating attachment mass of prims grief
[10:38] BlueWall Slade: would png textures work if there were viewer support for them?
[10:38] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[10:38] Snoopy Pfeffer: oh yes we should get rid of JPEG2000 as soon as possible!
[10:38] Melanie Milland: png can't be streamed/mipmapped
[10:38] Zardoz Firanelli: Would texture redirection work... ever?
[10:38] Justin Clark-Casey: oh well, it's dead now, jim
[10:38] Snoopy Pfeffer: with a new viewer
[10:39] Warin Cascabel is Online
[10:39] Lani Global: most viewers support png, correct?
[10:39] Justin Clark-Casey: http textures are still jpeg2000, right?
[10:39] Snoopy Pfeffer: yes but only to upload textures
[10:39] Snoopy Pfeffer: they are stored as JPEG2000
[10:39] Lani Global: ok
[10:39] Dahlia Trimble: texture assets are all jpeg2000
[10:39] Lani Global: and .tga?
[10:40] Penny Lane: Lbsa is becoming a nice little social center. Unfortunately it's catching on with griefers too.
[10:40] Nebadon Izumi: no tga
[10:40] Snoopy Pfeffer: same
[10:40] Justin Clark-Casey: dahlia: of course, doh
[10:40] Richardus Raymaker: why jpeg2000 and not other format ?
[10:40] Nebadon Izumi: the viewer converts it to tga for export
[10:40] Richardus Raymaker: hi penny
[10:40] Snoopy Pfeffer: well it is the "sl standard"
[10:40] Richardus Raymaker: yes,
[10:40] Penny Lane: Hiya Rich :-)
[10:40] Nebadon Izumi: since jp2 is virtually unworkable
[10:40] Dahlia Trimble: jpeg2000 has a lot of advantages for 3D
[10:40] Snoopy Pfeffer: ll did decide to use it
[10:40] Snoopy Pfeffer: that's it
[10:40] Nebadon Izumi: in like 99% of editing softare
[10:41] Snoopy Pfeffer: if there are libraries that work with that format
[10:41] BlueWall Slade: because it can come in layers?
[10:41] Melanie Milland: j2k is streamable
[10:41] Melanie Milland: that is why
[10:41] Richardus Raymaker: aha, ok
[10:41] Little Sister: JPEG2000 supports alpha channels, and uses lossy compression (for better ratios), as well.
[10:41] Melanie Milland: you can stream it and the sequential layers allow mipmapping of textures
[10:41] Dahlia Trimble: with jpeg2000 you get mipmapping for free
[10:41] Melanie Milland: so you can see a blurry version of it fast
[10:41] Melanie Milland: detail takes longer
[10:41] Richardus Raymaker: sounds like interlaced in jpeg
[10:42] Lani Global: sounds like it is made for the purpose
[10:42] Snoopy Pfeffer: well the problem is that some textures stay blurred because of that library bug
[10:42] Melanie Milland: with png, or another such format, a texture would not show until it's all done loading
[10:42] BlueWall Slade: until hell freezes over in some cases, lol
[10:42] Melanie Milland: interlaced is different
[10:42] Richardus Raymaker: snoopy, jpeg you can save in 2 formats
[10:42] Melanie Milland: it's still line oriented
[10:42] Justin Clark-Casey: melanie: do faster download speeds make that less necessary or is that to do with available rendering resources on the client?
[10:42] Zardoz Firanelli: I think I'd rather not have the blurred vision and not have incomplete objects render myself...
[10:42] Dahlia Trimble: I have a viewer that uses png for alpha texture downloads, it's a horrible format because of the size of the texture
[10:42] Lani Global: so, is there a flag that says "keep downloading that jp2 because i'm not done with the file yet" ?
[10:43] Melanie Milland: faster download speeds can have an effect, but for that to work, you need distance sorting for textures and then request the closest first
[10:43] Snoopy Pfeffer: yes Zardoc
[10:43] Melanie Milland: udp is a bitch
[10:43] Justin Clark-Casey: too right
[10:43] Melanie Milland: http textures would theoriticaly allow other formats
[10:43] Snoopy Pfeffer: well some of my renters use it for presentation slides
[10:43] Melanie Milland: but distance sorting and connectin throttling is a must
[10:43] Zardoz Firanelli: And with HTTp you could redirect
[10:43] Snoopy Pfeffer: a blurred version is useless for them
[10:43] Melanie Milland: can't open 10000 connections
[10:44] Snoopy Pfeffer: it needs to load completely that is the most important
[10:44] Melanie Milland: redirect could be used for some purposes
[10:44] Melanie Milland: but most real world use cases involve closed grids
[10:44] Zardoz Firanelli: It would be great for all those running regions on slow connections
[10:44] Melanie Milland: walled gardens
[10:44] BlueWall Slade: so, the best route is have the jpeg decoder work
[10:44] Melanie Milland: that will not allow outside data in or out
[10:44] Zardoz Firanelli: As most have a web hosting package with their ISP.
[10:44] Snoopy Pfeffer: yes some run it behind their firewall
[10:44] Justin Clark-Casey: honestly, running a region on a slow connectio nwill never be a good experience
[10:45] Richardus Raymaker: yes
[10:45] Justin Clark-Casey: better off waiting a few years for faster broadband ;)
[10:45] Zardoz Firanelli: I know, but there are sooo many of them out there allready
[10:45] Lani Global: evidently, the viewer isn't keeping track of the hierarchy of which jp2 files need to be completed in priority
[10:46] Dahlia Trimble: I think part of the problem with texture decoding is there appears to be several different encoders used to convert the image to jpeg2000, and they arent all compatable
[10:46] Lani Global: or is the server saying "i already gave that file to you, use your damn cache"?
[10:46] Snoopy Pfeffer: yes that's the UDP problem
[10:46] Justin Clark-Casey: dahlia: jpeg2000 doesn't appear to be a very well knwon format
[10:46] Richardus Raymaker: other question. does estate manager work already. so you can add another one that have estate client rights. so you can keep self the avatar master ?
[10:46] Snoopy Pfeffer: yes I use that
[10:46] Snoopy Pfeffer: I mean my renters
[10:46] Nebadon Izumi: yes that should work
[10:46] Nebadon Izumi: it works here
[10:46] Simulator Version v0.5 shouts: OpenSim 0.6.9 (RC1) 0a9c98e: 2010-04-30 20:18:08 +0100 (Unix/Mono)
[10:47] Richardus Raymaker: ok. good to know
[10:47] Snoopy Pfeffer: but on 64 bit you cannot see the list of admins properly
[10:47] Snoopy Pfeffer: the list looks empty
[10:47] Justin Clark-Casey: snoppy: wah, another wierd bug
[10:47] Snoopy Pfeffer: yes
[10:47] Nebadon Izumi: heh fun stuff
[10:47] Snoopy Pfeffer: same for the list of banned ppl
[10:47] Justin Clark-Casey: I can understand textures issues but that's a bit more bizarre
[10:47] Snoopy Pfeffer: that list always looks empty
[10:47] Nebadon Izumi: ya i noticed that too
[10:47] Snoopy Pfeffer: for estate and parcel bans
[10:47] Dahlia Trimble: speaking of decoding errors, my pants just rezzed and they have an interesting pattern on my screen lol
[10:47] Nebadon Izumi: banned esatate members is always blank too
[10:47] Snoopy Pfeffer: seems to be 64 bits again
[10:47] Nebadon Izumi: it shows the user count
[10:47] Nebadon Izumi: but the list is empty
[10:48] Little Sister: Your whole body looks that way, Dahlia. :)
[10:48] Richardus Raymaker: then you must know how i see dahlia
[10:48] Dahlia Trimble: LOL
[10:48] Justin Clark-Casey: your pants are pretty psychadelic
[10:48] Dahlia Trimble quickly does a vanity rebake...
[10:48] Lani Global: your pants have the JP2K problem, Dahlia.
[10:48] Melanie Milland: estate works in 32 and 64 bots in current versions
[10:48] BlueWall Slade: I see blue textures
[10:48] Justin Clark-Casey: you need a mirror client so you can see yourself as others see you ;)
[10:48] Justin Clark-Casey: or at least one other
[10:48] Melanie Milland: there were older versions where that wasn't so
[10:49] Snoopy Pfeffer: ah ok
[10:49] Snoopy Pfeffer: i need to check the newest opensim version next weekend
[10:49] Justin Clark-Casey: dahlia: back to boring old jeans now :)
[10:49] Richardus Raymaker: maby with own osgrid viewer mirror comes in the future
[10:49] Dahlia Trimble: :D
[10:49] Nebadon Izumi: heh
[10:49] Snoopy Pfeffer: lol
[10:49] Richardus Raymaker: would be funny, mirrors
[10:49] Nebadon Izumi: yea, The Sims 3 has mirrors i think
[10:49] Lani Global: just make an alt, and chain it to you.
[10:49] Snoopy Pfeffer: do they?
[10:50] Nebadon Izumi: ya whatever the newest sims is
[10:50] Nebadon Izumi: it has mirrors
[10:50] Little Sister: They actually had reflections in SL, once upon a time. But the rendering hit was terrible, and they took them out again.
[10:50] Snoopy Pfeffer: the we can create mirror labyrinth
[10:50] Snoopy Pfeffer: hehe
[10:50] Snoopy Pfeffer: this will reduce the frame rate to 0 fps for sure
[10:50] Snoopy Pfeffer: ;)
[10:50] Richardus Raymaker: oh, thats why someone asked do you see it but never saw it
[10:50] Nebadon Izumi: im sure they limit how many are in the scene
[10:50] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[10:50] Richardus Raymaker: lol snoopy
[10:51] Edie Stewart is Online
[10:51] Penny Lane: How come that a rebake gives us our clothes here, and then they progressively start vanishing over time?
[10:51] Snoopy Pfeffer: hm
[10:51] Richardus Raymaker: acid ?
[10:51] Justin Clark-Casey: I've never experienced clothes vanishing - is this common?
[10:51] Penny Lane: lol
[10:51] Snoopy Pfeffer: do you see me correct?
[10:51] Jacek Antonelli: Unintentional stripper act?
[10:52] Snoopy Pfeffer: lol
[10:52] Lani Global: teleports strip us.
[10:52] Nebadon Izumi: snoopy your grey and 1/2 invisble to me
[10:52] Snoopy Pfeffer: is that a new feature?? ;)
[10:52] Penny Lane: JCC: never seen it here before today
[10:52] Snoopy Pfeffer: strange
[10:52] Little Sister: I also have the "clothes go blurry after a rebake" issue - usually when there are a lot of avatars present.
[10:52] Richardus Raymaker: the only cloud i see is nebadon. thats pretty strange
[10:52] Snoopy Pfeffer: do you all see yourself correct?
[10:52] Snoopy Pfeffer: I do
[10:52] Lani Global: i do
[10:52] Snoopy Pfeffer: I rebake, now
[10:52] Justin Clark-Casey: snoopy: you're all grey to me apart from hair and boots
[10:52] Richardus Raymaker: hello little sister
[10:52] Little Sister: Hello, Richardus.
[10:52] Snoopy Pfeffer: better?
[10:52] Melanie Milland: 1.23 and newer viewers have the "Clothing protection" emerald had earlier
[10:53] Justin Clark-Casey: not yet
[10:53] Melanie Milland: they no longer send compositing info, and don't do compositing
[10:53] Snoopy Pfeffer: I dont use Emerald
[10:53] Richardus Raymaker: i cant find snoopy
[10:53] Snoopy Pfeffer: not here
[10:53] Little Sister: I've had this issue since Hippo 0.5, IIRC. Had it with Hippo, Imprudence, ... some other one I don't remember the name of, and the official SL clients pre-1.23
[10:53] Zardoz Firanelli: Anyone know what happened to voice at LBSA?
[10:53] Justin Clark-Casey: in fcat, for me you're completely invisible below the waist
[10:53] Penny Lane: I see myself now, but keep having to rebake. Last rebake was about 4 minutes ago, and already my jeans skirt has disappeared again
[10:53] Lani Global: are you wearing ivisiprims, snoopy?
[10:53] Justin Clark-Casey: apart from the boots and miniskirt?
[10:53] Nebadon Izumi: right next to Jacek
[10:53] Lani Global: or alpha layer?
[10:54] Lani Global: alpha clothing?
[10:54] Melanie Milland: penny, i see the skirt, but with a damaged texture
[10:54] Lani Global: only lower part
[10:55] Nebadon Izumi: not content in the sims
[10:55] Nebadon Izumi: ya its wierd the only texture issues seem to revolve mostly around avatars
[10:55] Nebadon Izumi: wonder why that is
[10:56] Nebadon Izumi: heh little chat lag there
[10:56] Lani Global: some involve sculpt maps
[10:56] Dahlia Trimble: oops poofing time for me again... bye all :) *waves
[10:56] Penny Lane: Mel: kk
[10:56] Richardus Raymaker is Online
[10:56] Jacek Antonelli: Bye Dahlia
[10:56] Justin Clark-Casey: bye dahlia
[10:56] Sarah Kline: bye
[10:56] Snoopy Pfeffer: bye Dahlia
[10:56] Penny Lane: Cyu Dahlia
[10:56] Richardus Raymaker: bye dahlia
[10:57] Dahlia Trimble is Offline
[10:58] Melanie Milland: i'm off as well.
[11:00] Richardus Raymaker: hmmm
[11:00] BlueWall Slade: .
[11:00] Akira Sonoda: Neb you told you are using mono 2.6.4 here ... are there still issues with SQLite ???
[11:00] Akira Sonoda: oops chatlag
[11:00] BlueWall Slade: .
[11:00] Richardus Raymaker: bye melanie
[11:00] Justin Clark-Casey: bye melanie
[11:00] Justin Clark-Casey: ping
[11:00] Penny Lane: Tara Melanie
[11:00] Nebadon Izumi: fun lag time :)
[11:00] Justin Clark-Casey: my mind is going, dave
[11:00] Justin Clark-Casey: orrrrrrraaaaaaaannnnnnngggggggggggggggggeeeeeeeeeeee
[11:00] Penny Lane: All traffic's stopped from the sim, looks like a crash
[11:00] Sarah Kline: wow
[11:00] Snoopy Pfeffer: bye mel
[11:00] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[11:00] Justin Clark-Casey: man, lagtastic
[11:00] Nebadon Izumi: welcome back everyone
[11:00] Sarah Kline: good pause
[11:01] Nebadon Izumi: memory is high
[11:01] Nebadon Izumi: we are around 4gb on top
[11:01] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[11:01] Snoopy Pfeffer: oh oh
[11:01] Snoopy Pfeffer: hehe
[11:01] Justin Clark-Casey: well, that lag killed the conversations :)
[11:01] Snoopy Pfeffer: 32 bit mode?
[11:01] Nebadon Izumi: im gonna ask santa for a gc for mono this year
[11:01] Juicy Babii giggles @Neb
[11:01] Richardus Raymaker is Online
[11:01] Jacek Antonelli: hehe
[11:01] Penny Lane: Interesting that the sim recovered, update traffic back as normal.
[11:01] Key Gruin is Online
[11:01] Nebadon Izumi: heh ya
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: i think it might of dipped into swap for a moment
[11:02] Richardus Raymaker shouts: something makes my imprudence viewer spontanic unstable
[11:02] Snoopy Pfeffer: probably just some garbage collection interrruption :)
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: well good meeting
[11:02] Sarah Kline: )
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: certainly some things we can work on
[11:02] Akira Sonoda: :-)
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: but nice group today, nice conversation
[11:02] Justin Clark-Casey: yes - so many theeengs
[11:02] Snoopy Pfeffer: yep it was fun :)

Personal tools
About This Wiki