Chat log from the meeting on 2009-06-30

From OpenSimulator

Jump to: navigation, search
Tuesday Meeting @ Wright Plaza on OSGrid

[09:50] BlueWall Slade is Online
[09:51] BlueWall Slade is Offline
[09:51] Nebadon Izumi: hello
[09:51] WhiteStar Magic: hey neb
[09:51] WhiteStar Magic: is tehre a meetin today ?
[09:51] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[09:51] Nebadon Izumi: i just restarted the region
[09:51] WhiteStar Magic: not in announcements or notices
[09:51] Nebadon Izumi: was it ever?
[09:52] WhiteStar Magic: I asked a few times in IRC... no answer till Paulie came here
[09:52] Nebadon Izumi: the only place i know its listed
[09:52] Nebadon Izumi: is on the opensimulator wiki
[09:52] WhiteStar Magic: LOL\
[09:52] Nebadon Izumi: that should be unchanged
[09:52] Friendly Harbour: hello everyone
[09:52] Nebadon Izumi: not sure about the group announcments
[09:52] Nebadon Izumi: groups is sorta broken at the moment
[09:52] Nebadon Izumi: i turned it off
[09:52] Nebadon Izumi: until we can fix it right again
[09:53] Nebadon Izumi: i literally just turned it off few minutes ago
[09:53] Nebadon Izumi: so i can deal with the meeting
[09:53] Hiro Protagonist is Online
[09:53] Charles Krinke is Online
[09:53] Orion Hax: grrr
[09:54] OtakuMegane Desu: Yay, functional!
[09:54] Nebadon Izumi: hey hello Stefan
[09:54] Stefan Andersson: hey!
[09:54] Hiro Protagonist: Hey Stefan :D
[09:55] Stefan Andersson: So, this is the starting time for the office hour?
[09:55] Nebadon Izumi: it is indeed
[09:55] Nebadon Izumi: should get rolling here in a few minutes
[09:55] Stefan Andersson: ah, got it wrong one hour then
[09:55] Charles Krinke: Lbsa: Hello. Remember our very first "Office Hour" on the blank island? No physics, no chairs, no scripts, no nothing? Lots of changes over the almost two years.
[09:55] Stefan Andersson: guys, can I just say I'm actually, honest-to-god, touched by what you did with lbsa plaza.
[09:55] Stefan Andersson sniffs
[09:56] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[09:56] Hiro Protagonist: That was Adam :D
[09:56] Nebadon Izumi: :)
[09:56] Nebadon Izumi: Adams been rebuilding it
[09:56] Stefan Andersson: And charles, the fountain is still in the same place, right?
[09:56] Charles Krinke: Lbsa. Thanks. That means a lot fo us.
[09:56] Charles Krinke: Yep
[09:56] Stefan Andersson: here on wright?
[09:56] Charles Krinke: Just outside.
[09:56] Stefan Andersson: hahaha... I remember your obsession with having the water flow.
[09:56] Stefan Andersson: it now does flow.
[09:56] Charles Krinke: Over the winter, Nebadon had ducks ice skating on the frozen fountaint.
[09:56] Stefan Andersson: sorry, got a bit nostalgic there
[09:56] Hiro Protagonist: :)
[09:57] Hiro Protagonist: It's ok Stef, passion is a Good Thing :)
[09:57] Charles Krinke: thats ok, man. Thts wha its al abou.
[09:57] Stefan Andersson: That ountai, realy, signifies something.
[09:57] Stefan Andersson: It should be declared 'the spring of opensim'. :)
[09:57] Brent Seidel: Good
[morning, afternoon, evening, night] everyone.
[09:57] Stefan Andersson: or whatever.
[09:57] Charles Krinke: Yep. Means a lot to me, too. I come here and just sit on the bench and watch it once in a while.
[09:58] Compile successful
[09:58] Nebadon Izumi: reset list
[09:58] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Done resetting.
[09:58] Orion Hax: am i a cloud to people
[09:58] Nebadon Izumi: hello paulie
[09:59] paulie Flomar: Howdeh hi!
[09:59] Charles Krinke: Normally, Lbsa, our agenda is : 1) finding the 'recommended' version for the week, then 2) Anything developers with to bring up and closing with 3) Anything users and testers wishto bring up.
[09:59] Brent Seidel: Hey Nebadon, do you want chat logs for the last two meetings?
[09:59] Nebadon Izumi: ya your invisilbel to me Oiron
[09:59] Nebadon Izumi: *Orion
[09:59] paulie Flomar: Everyone rebake! The Grayness is back!
[09:59] Orion Hax: i cant edit my apperance either
[09:59] paulie Flomar: Im "falling" in my chair! heh
[10:00] paulie Flomar: whew
[10:00] Hiro Protagonist: Hey y'all, mcortez asks if office hours is still piped ovver tto IRC
[10:00] paulie Flomar: maybe Ill just stand up here with you neb.
[10:00] monk-spikes-v2.5b: Script running
[10:00] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[10:00] spike: Script running
[10:00] spike: 20
[10:00] Nebadon Izumi: give it a minute
[10:00] Nebadon Izumi: the animation jsut hasnt loaded for you
[10:00] paulie Flomar: them chairs is dangerous!
[10:00] Charles Krinke: Ok, lets start. Do we have a candidate for the weeks 'recommended' version?
[10:00] paulie Flomar: yah
[10:00] Monk Zymurgy: hi everyone
[10:00] paulie Flomar: 9958
[10:00] Justin Clark-Casey is Online
[10:01] paulie Flomar: 9958 incluses some performance fixes.
[10:01] paulie Flomar: Im runnin 9960 on Cameo.
[10:01] Nebadon Izumi: hello Justin
[10:01] Hiro Protagonist is Online
[10:01] Orion Hax: im on 9960
[10:01] Justin Clark-Casey: hello Nebadon, folks
[10:01] paulie Flomar: Any votes for 9958?
[10:02] Richardus Raymaker: i stay with 9943
[10:02] Nebadon Izumi: ive only gone as far as 9952
[10:02] Nebadon Izumi: u can certainly give 9958 a go
[10:02] paulie Flomar: I would recommend hogher. Several performance fixes have been put in since 9943.
[10:02] Hiro Protagonist: I'm on 9953
[10:02] Nebadon Izumi: if no one has complaints lets just do it
[10:02] Simulator Version v0.5 shouts: OpenSim 0.6.5 (Dev) .9960 (OS Fedora release 9 (Sulphur) Kernel \r on an \m) ChilTasks:True PhysPrim:True
[10:02] Charles Krinke: Wright/Lbsa plzas are running 9960
[10:02] Nebadon Izumi: ok this region is beyond
[10:02] Nebadon Izumi: nuff said
[10:02] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[10:02] Nebadon Izumi: sounds good to me
[10:02] paulie Flomar: beyond what?
[10:02] Nebadon Izumi: 9958
[10:02] paulie Flomar: heh
[10:02] paulie Flomar: go with 9960?
[10:02] Nebadon Izumi: either really
[10:03] Nebadon Izumi: this seems nice and stable
[10:03] Nebadon Izumi: so far
[10:03] Charles Krinke: Looks lie consnsus might be between 9958 & 9960
[10:03] paulie Flomar: 9958 was the last of the performance fixes. I would say 9958 as minimum.
[10:03] Orion Hax: i think 58 59 and 60 are oar fixes
[10:03] Charles Krinke: objections t 9960 or the next wek?
[10:03] OtakuMegane Desu: Either may be fine. We seem to have hit a stable period again. Finally.
[10:03] Hiro Protagonist: I'd probably be on 9958, just havent had time to move up yet
[10:03] Richardus Raymaker: in what way fix ? inventory load ?
[10:03] Nebadon Izumi: feels quite smooth to me
[10:03] paulie Flomar: ACtually, hang on..
[10:04] paulie Flomar: 9961 says it has a fix for a exception bug..
[10:04] Justin Clark-Casey: they just restore the preservation of oar load times - no major func stuff
[10:04] Penny Lane: No objection to a performance fix, that's for sure ^_^
[10:04] Justin Clark-Casey: well, although some of them may be fixes for each other :)
[10:04] paulie Flomar: 9961 fixes an exception on Windows
[10:04] paulie Flomar: I havent tested it.
[10:04] Richardus Raymaker: the only things thats bad in 9943 is that inventory load slow
[10:04] paulie Flomar: MAube stick with 9958, 9960.
[10:04] Charles Krinke: but perhapsnot teted
[10:04] paulie Flomar: 9960 is fine with me.
[10:04] Doctor Rorrim is Offline
[10:04] Charles Krinke: pick one,please.
[10:05] OtakuMegane Desu: Lol
[10:05] paulie Flomar: Mightight aswell go 9960.
[10:05] Richardus Raymaker: where are the dices ?
[10:05] Brent Seidel: I pick the even numbered one.
[10:05] paulie Flomar: :)
[10:05] Richardus Raymaker: lol
[10:05] Penny Lane: Pick one before we crash as usual and it's deferred yet another week :P
[10:05] Charles Krinke: 9960? Going once.
[10:05] paulie Flomar: 9960 ++
[10:05] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[10:05] Charles Krinke: Sold
[10:06] paulie Flomar: :)
[10:06] Nebadon Izumi: sounds good i will pack it up later for the website
[10:06] Nebadon Izumi: since there are soo many good improvments
[10:06] Nebadon Izumi: no point in holding back
[10:06] paulie Flomar: yeah
[10:06] Hiro Protagonist: y'all are gonna leave out the 9961 winders for dos exception patch?
[10:06] paulie Flomar: Does a
[10:06] Nebadon Izumi: i'll test it
[10:06] paulie Flomar: I mentioned it.
[10:06] Nebadon Izumi: i have to compile on windows
[10:07] paulie Flomar: I havent tested it yet.
[10:07] Nebadon Izumi: i'll pack up a new release later and test it before i post it
[10:07] Hiro Protagonist: I'm no huge windows booster but seems we shouldnt leave it behind *winks*
[10:07] Charles Krinke: Next iem: Anything developers wish to announce, ask, question, cajole, complain?
[10:07] Nebadon Izumi: ya all the osgrid releases are made on windows
[10:07] Nebadon Izumi: with vs2008
[10:07] Hiro Protagonist: nods
[10:07] Orion Hax: real gridders use linux :-)
[10:08] paulie Flomar: 9961 says it fixes an earlier patch, but it doesnt say which patch.
[10:08] Hiro Protagonist: interesting
[10:08] paulie Flomar: Its a fix for mysqlregiondaya.cs
[10:09] paulie Flomar: But where was that last patched?
[10:09] Hiro Protagonist: mysql or mssql?
[10:09] Nebadon Izumi: ya i did see that
[10:09] paulie Flomar: says MySQL
[10:09] Nebadon Izumi: im on windows 9952
[10:10] Nebadon Izumi: had no issues yet
[10:10] Nebadon Izumi: with mysql too
[10:10] Charles Krinke: Reminder: 'Recommended' is merely a 1 week, slightly conservative recommendation for those wishing a 'hint' of stability
[10:10] paulie Flomar: I hav eno prob sticking with 9960 as rec. But I'm on LInux. heheh
[10:11] Charles Krinke: How are folks finding stability?
[10:11] paulie Flomar: 9960 is stable for me. But my regions are sparse.
[10:11] OtakuMegane Desu: Well, we're actually back into a "stable period" it seems.
[10:11] Hiro Protagonist: I could go on for hours about how much stability improved in the past 10 days
[10:12] Nebadon Izumi: hehe ya
[10:12] Monk Zymurgy: much better since the asset IP was changed
[10:12] Nebadon Izumi: things have really improved on the plazas
[10:12] OtakuMegane Desu: I've had my regions up for 3-4 days with no problems or slowdown yet
[10:12] Hiro Protagonist: my regions are not - mine are complex and heavily scripted
[10:12] Starky Rubble: It seems ok at 9952 but I too have sparse regions
[10:12] Stefan Andersson: sorry to butt in, but have people contemplated a 0.6.6 or is that too early?
[10:12] Master Dubrovna: Same here, regions up and running without issue
[10:12] OtakuMegane Desu: No issues with asset either, now.
[10:12] Nebadon Izumi: i like to keep my sims small and simple
[10:12] Nebadon Izumi: NOT
[10:12] Hiro Protagonist snickers
[10:13] Charles Krinke: Cool. Declare 1.0 and stat Bet?
[10:13] Hiro Protagonist: Stefan, that is probably a good question sir
[10:13] OtakuMegane Desu: Lol
[10:13] paulie Flomar: neb has linked a 1000 prim building into one linkset. :)
[10:13] Nebadon Izumi: ya .6.6 might be good right now
[10:13] Nebadon Izumi: things are feeling nice
[10:13] Hiro Protagonist: I'd endorse 0.6.6
[10:13] paulie Flomar: 6.6.6?
[10:13] Master Dubrovna: lol
[10:13] Hiro Protagonist: -.-
[10:13] OtakuMegane Desu: That's...a ways off lol
[10:13] Orion Hax: no thats the SL version
[10:13] paulie Flomar: haw
[10:13] paulie Flomar: now with more evil!
[10:13] Hiro Protagonist: :3
[10:14] OtakuMegane Desu: Funny to watch Opensim grow and improve while SL seems to do the opposite
[10:14] paulie Flomar whistles...
[10:14] Hiro Protagonist farts
[10:14] paulie Flomar: We try to be nice to the Lindens and their little project, here. :)
[10:14] paulie Flomar: Theyre so cute.
[10:14] Nebadon Izumi: heh
[10:14] paulie Flomar: with their little world.
[10:14] Master Dubrovna: haha
[10:14] Hiro Protagonist: ROFL!!!!
[10:15] Chris D is Online
[10:15] Penny Lane: Bah, linksets. Opensim really needs to go beyond SL's admitted mistake in limiting objects to 1-level linksets, and implement proper hierarchical objects.
[10:15] Hiro Protagonist: that is some funneh ^&*( right there, I dont care who ya are
[10:15] Charles Krinke: Stefan: Any time the folks in this room say "stable" is a good time for a release, IMHO.
[10:15] Stefan Andersson: actually, with the current versioning scheme, we could see
[10:15] Stefan Andersson: but charles, could I ask you to pick a 0.6.6 rc?
[10:16] Charles Krinke: please, no 666
[10:16] paulie Flomar: "The minor release of teh Beast!"
[10:16] Monk Zymurgy: farbrauch..nice
[10:16] Stefan Andersson: you, as in, the osgrid forum
[10:16] Hiro Protagonist: it's just too controversial - too polarizing
[10:16] Richardus Raymaker is Online
[10:16] Penny Lane: It's a number,get over it.
[10:17] Hiro Protagonist: I'm so over it I'm buddhist, but that which divedes us, divides us
[10:17] Stefan Andersson: (on that note, I've used the tag line "Your world. For Real." as a tounge-in-cheek description of OpenSim. ;)
[10:17] Penny Lane: Hehe
[10:17] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[10:17] Hiro Protagonist: oh wow Stefan, that is sweet :D
[10:17] paulie Flomar pokes ck. "The meeting i slosing focus! Doooo something!"
[10:17] Monk Zymurgy: :)
[10:17] Hiro Protagonist chuckles
[10:18] Charles Krinke: Sure, Lbsa. Perhaps test 9960 with more folks and try to tag it in a coupl of das.
[10:18] Stefan Andersson: So, do you fine people have a 0.6.6 rc rev?
[10:18] Stefan Andersson: ah, cool
[10:18] Richardus Raymaker: hmm group stuff broken / disabled here ?
[10:18] paulie Flomar: yeah
[10:18] Hiro Protagonist: I think we can definitely refer to 9960 as rc
[10:18] paulie Flomar: groups is hurtin, atm
[10:18] Stefan Andersson: charles, are you overloaded, or would you be able to run the release cycle this time?
[10:18] Richardus Raymaker: now i finaly need them. lol
[10:18] Charles Krinke: 9960 or perhaps 9961
[10:19] Penny Lane: Stefan: "real" means various things. I'd make the slogan "Your world. But we actually mean it."
[10:19] Stefan Andersson: hm, lt me rephrae that; charles, even though you're overloaded...
[10:19] Stefan Andersson: Penny, of course, "real" being a pun for "virtual". ;)
[10:19] Penny Lane: Hehe
[10:20] Charles Krinke: I 'll do the tagging and OSGrid would be honored to make the tarball.
[10:20] Stefan Andersson: excellent. I think it would hold great symbolic value if another core dev would "take the torch"
[10:20] Stefan Andersson: maybe we can get others to do it too
[10:21] Charles Krinke: Do we want to aim for monhly releases in the future?
[10:21] Stefan Andersson: I uploaded the release cycle recipe on the os wiki
[10:21] Penny Lane: Talking about groups, is there a group currently defined for group IM tests? (One where crappy spam is OK and desired as load)
[10:21] Stefan Andersson: I would say so
[10:21] Stefan Andersson: I would have made them monthly if I had the time
[10:22] Stefan Andersson: right now I've been scrambling for the occasional minutes to push the cycle
[10:22] paulie Flomar: Penny, the mental picture of a "crappy spam load" makes me giggle.
[10:22] Penny Lane: Ew :-)
[10:22] BlueWall Slade is Online
[10:22] Penny Lane is shocked
[10:22] Penny Lane: (Not really :P)
[10:22] Nebadon Izumi: heh
[10:22] Charles Krinke: I'll carry that flag, Lbsa
[10:22] paulie Flomar: I'm funneh like that.
[10:22] Dahlia Trimble is Online
[10:22] Stefan Andersson: <3
[10:22] Nebadon Izumi: cool that sounds good Ckrinke
[10:23] Richardus Raymaker: not if it always start my player
[10:23] Stefan Andersson: by the way, whoever is teh dj, kudos to him. ;)
[10:23] Stefan Andersson: or her
[10:23] Monk Zymurgy: mm..+1 to the vj
[10:23] Dahlia Trimble: Hi :)
[10:23] Nebadon Izumi: hello Dahlia
[10:23] Static Sprocket shouts: GROUPS!!!! AAAARRRRRRGH!
[10:23] Hiro Protagonist: Hi Dahlia :)
[10:23] Hiro Protagonist: We're at 22 users all ;)
[10:23] Justin Clark-Casey: hey dahlia
[10:23] paulie Flomar: Static, groups is disabled, atm.
[10:23] Penny Lane: Hiya Dahlia :-)
[10:23] Monk Zymurgy: demoscene rocks
[10:24] OtakuMegane Desu: Yeah
[10:24] Dahlia Trimble: am I visible?
[10:24] Nebadon Izumi: i see you
[10:24] Hiro Protagonist: to me yes
[10:24] Dahlia Trimble: :)
[10:24] Brent Seidel: I can see Dahlia, but she is grey.
[10:24] tx Oh: grey but visible, yes
[10:24] Dahlia Trimble is using snowglobe through a proxy
[10:24] paulie Flomar: vis but gray, yas. rebake.
[10:24] Dahlia Trimble rebakes...
[10:24] Penny Lane: Grey, but present
[10:24] paulie Flomar: Btw, rebaking seems to be back. :(
[10:24] Justin Clark-Casey: dahlia: nice. Why the proxy?
[10:25] paulie Flomar: I thought we had squashed that bugggie.
[10:25] Dahlia Trimble: gridproxy with my overbloated plugin
[10:26] Charles Krinke: Lbsa, Can you helpme motivate devs to concentrate on decreasing compile warnings from the current 230 and flesh out the unfinished packet handlers?
[10:27] paulie Flomar: Does anyone else see a constant ghost mist rigt here in the middle of the room?
[10:27] Penny Lane hands CK a bat
[10:27] Dahlia Trimble: I do
[10:27] Hiro Protagonist: yes I do Paulie
[10:27] Digital Melody: yup
[10:27] Monk Zymurgy: yes paulie
[10:27] WhiteStar Magic: I see that, have since teh start of teh meeting
[10:27] OtakuMegane Desu: Hmm
[10:27] Richardus Raymaker: yes
[10:27] paulie Flomar: k. I see dead avatars. All the time..
[10:27] Charles Krinke: I think doing that and concentrating on exceptions wll help reliabilaty.
[10:27] Hiro Protagonist: I became convinced it is a particle engine script in something
[10:27] Chris D is Offline
[10:28] Digital Melody: lol its weird seing people avis well almost
[10:28] OtakuMegane Desu: I also have yet to see Orion Hax, not even grey. Maybe that's who it is?
[10:28] paulie Flomar: Go toward the light, avatar ghosts!
[10:28] Digital Melody: hee hee
[10:28] Nebadon Izumi: heh
[10:28] Mark Spencer votes present
[10:28] Dahlia Trimble: looks like a particle effect to me
[10:28] Penny Lane: My FPS hasn't gone above 2.0 here today, when I usually get 9-10.
[10:28] Hiro Protagonist: good point Ota
[10:28] OtakuMegane Desu: His name is still hovering over here but not sure he's even present
[10:29] BlueWall Slade: Do we need a fresh supply of Di-Lithium crystals in the engine room?
[10:29] Justin Clark-Casey: Hmm, I still have an fps of 14, though I don't realy know what it usually is
[10:29] Hiro Protagonist: 4.2 FPS here
[10:29] Dahlia Trimble: I see Orion ok
[10:29] Nebadon Izumi: 25fps for me
[10:29] paulie Flomar: fps 4.2 for me
[10:29] Richardus Raymaker: 17fp 2 viewers running
[10:29] Justin Clark-Casey: showoff :)
[10:29] Dahlia Trimble: am I still grey?
[10:29] Charles Krinke: Opn to Users/Testers for comments/praise/complaints/whining/suggestions.!
[10:29] Penny Lane: Yes Dahlia
[10:29] Hiro Protagonist: yes Dahl
[10:29] OtakuMegane Desu: About 5.0fps but my video card is kinda low-end
[10:29] Mark Spencer: 1342.7 fps ... just kidding
[10:29] Dahlia Trimble: grrr
[10:29] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[10:30] Justin Clark-Casey: dahlia: you're as grey as the day you were born
[10:30] Dahlia Trimble: :P
[10:30] paulie Flomar: does anyone know why the need rto rebake has come back? I thought we fixed that,mostly.
[10:30] BlueWall Slade: SimFPS: 38 | PhyFPS: 31 | Root Agents: 18 | Child Agents 0 | Memory: 1218 reported in the stats
[10:30] Kitto Flora: There is a particle source here. The curved bench seat?
[10:30] Nebadon Izumi: its been fixed before a couple times i think paulie
[10:30] BlueWall Slade: ScrLPS: 260 | ACC: 0.0 | In: 113 | Out: 1013 | Unack: 81328008 | PnD1: 0 | PnU1: 0
[10:30] Nebadon Izumi: some how keeps coming back in differnt ways i think
[10:30] BlueWall Slade: scripts FTW
[10:30] Nebadon Izumi: i recall in the past it was timing issue
[10:30] paulie Flomar: maybe it is again, eh
[10:30] Brent Seidel: It's interesting that it only affects some people.
[10:31] Dahlia Trimble thinks there are appearance problems with opensim and 1.23 based viewers
[10:31] Nebadon Izumi: ya i also heard that dahlia
[10:31] Nebadon Izumi: gas clouds on the newest viewers
[10:31] Hiro Protagonist: hmmm interesting
[10:31] Nebadon Izumi: people never seeing their appearance
[10:31] paulie Flomar: Btw, the latest release has fixed the "ctrl-z send child prims to infimity" issue, for all yoyu builders.
[10:31] Penny Lane: Dahlia: you're appearing now
[10:31] Dahlia Trimble: kewl
[10:31] Hiro Protagonist: yep :)
[10:32] Justin Clark-Casey: dahlia: you rebaked?
[10:32] Hiro Protagonist: Blue, you are exhibiting srs texture rot
[10:32] Nebadon Izumi: i hear trying to load the test avatars
[10:32] Nebadon Izumi: from the admin menu might help
[10:32] Nebadon Izumi: it resets you though
[10:32] BlueWall Slade: hmm
[10:32] Mark Spencer: 23 ppl and counting
[10:32] Nebadon Izumi: to ruth i think
[10:32] paulie Flomar: we still have the "cant walk on prims going south and east" physics issue
[10:32] Nebadon Izumi: say list
[10:32] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Visitor List:
[10:32] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: WhiteStar Magic
[10:32] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Aaron Duffy
[10:32] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Stefan Andersson
[10:32] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Orion Hax
[10:32] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: OtakuMegane Desu
[10:32] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Hiro Protagonist
[10:32] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Master Dubrovna
[10:32] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Friendly Harbour
[10:32] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Brent Seidel
[10:32] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Charles Krinke
[10:32] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: paulie Flomar
[10:32] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Penny Lane
[10:32] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Monk Zymurgy
[10:32] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Kitto Flora
[10:32] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Justin Clark-Casey
[10:32] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Richardus Raymaker
[10:32] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Starky Rubble
[10:32] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: tx Oh
[10:32] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Digital Melody
[10:32] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Chris D
[10:32] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Dahlia Trimble
[10:32] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Mark Spencer
[10:32] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Total = 22
[10:32] Dahlia Trimble: yep but I had to do it from the menu, the keystroke didnt work
[10:32] Nebadon Izumi: ya 23
[10:32] Nebadon Izumi: that list doenst include me
[10:32] Starky Rubble: I'd like to thank nebadon for his outstanding efforts at the SLB6 booth.
[10:33] Dahlia Trimble: W00ters Nebadon!
[10:33] Hiro Protagonist applauds
[10:33] Nebadon Izumi: :) thanks Starky, that went off pretty well i think
[10:33] Nebadon Izumi: i think im going to do it again at Burning Life
[10:33] Nebadon Izumi: but in a much grander manner
[10:33] Nebadon Izumi: something giant
[10:33] Dahlia Trimble: lol
[10:33] BlueWall Slade: yes, and it was a good spot too
[10:33] Dahlia Trimble: something burning ;)
[10:33] OtakuMegane Desu: As I've found there's actually a LOT of interesting in opensim growing in SL now, especially the last 2-3 months.
[10:34] Dahlia Trimble: make sure you use at least 8192 flame particles emitted from a megaprim
[10:34] tx Oh: yepp, i also liked the booth action :-)
[10:34] BlueWall Slade: We have the group there now (via Neb)
[10:34] Nebadon Izumi: thanks guys, it was fun to hang out the 1st few days
[10:34] Nebadon Izumi: i talked to so many people
[10:34] Nebadon Izumi: so many people came up to me while i was walking around
[10:34] Nebadon Izumi: telling me about their regions here
[10:34] Penny Lane: Does Opensim do like SL sims do with baked texture sharing, ie. when you TP then the bake from your previous sim is reused by the destination, it doesn't need a rebake?
[10:34] OtakuMegane Desu: Cool
[10:34] Dahlia Trimble: that was a cool avie you had too
[10:35] Nebadon Izumi: :)
[10:35] paulie Flomar is Online
[10:35] Nebadon Izumi: ya want to see a funny picture
[10:35] Nebadon Izumi: let me put it up on the board for everyone
[10:35] Justin Clark-Casey: Penny: I don't think so - I remember look at that issue ages ago
[10:35] Nebadon Izumi: here comes
[10:36] Nebadon Izumi: doh
[10:36] Nebadon Izumi: didnt load
[10:36] Penny Lane: In effect, SL has a sort of Hypergrid approach to assets but for bakes only :P
[10:36] Dahlia Trimble: a boat?
[10:36] Justin Clark-Casey: yes, they seem to have a lot of organic hacks like that
[10:36] OtakuMegane Desu: SL's "hypergrid" needs a lot moar hyper.
[10:36] Nebadon Izumi: o
[10:36] Nebadon Izumi: there it is
[10:36] Nebadon Izumi: just slow
[10:36] paulie Flomar: I crashed bigtime.
[10:36] Dahlia Trimble: sailing?
[10:36] Nebadon Izumi: as you can see in this photo the scared look on the carl lindens face
[10:36] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[10:36] paulie Flomar: giggle
[10:37] WhiteStar Magic: Yeah, you really intimidated little carl
[10:37] Nebadon Izumi: it was a fun time
[10:37] Nebadon Izumi: i saw alot of cool singers
[10:37] WhiteStar Magic: he managed to squeek outr "I'm just one of teh web developers"
[10:37] Dahlia Trimble: lol
[10:37] Nebadon Izumi: and booths
[10:38] Nebadon Izumi: its still up
[10:38] Nebadon Izumi: if anyone wants to go check it out
[10:38] Nebadon Izumi: just search for SL6B in Second Life
[10:38] Nebadon Izumi: also
[10:38] Nebadon Izumi: you can look outside here at Wright Plaza
[10:38] Nebadon Izumi: i recreated our booth
[10:38] Nebadon Izumi: here
[10:38] Nebadon Izumi: its the multicolored flashy thing
[10:38] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[10:38] Starky Rubble: I recommend the southernmost regions - arts and tech mostly
[10:38] Dahlia Trimble: it's what's reducing everyone's FPS ;)
[10:39] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[10:39] Nebadon Izumi: i must say im quite happy with the performance of this region today
[10:39] OtakuMegane Desu: Yeah
[10:39] Nebadon Izumi: very good stuff
[10:39] Digital Melody: brill
[10:39] Hiro Protagonist: damn solid, wouldnt you say??
[10:39] Hiro Protagonist grins
[10:39] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[10:39] Nebadon Izumi: well beyond my expectations
[10:40] Dahlia Trimble: everyone stand up
[10:40] Digital Melody: so much better like x20 +++
[10:40] Penny Lane: I'm just happy it hasn't crashed. Meeting places should not crash.
[10:40] Richardus Raymaker: but this is with groups turned off, right ?
[10:40] Charles Krinke: Amazing is the word
[10:40] paulie Flomar: If anyone here is into SL sports, definitely check out (formerly SLCN). They have regular broadcasts of racing, saling, etc, in SL. And hopefully they will do some shows ffrom OpenSim one day. :)
[10:40] OtakuMegane Desu: Well development seems to be focusing back on stability, etc now
[10:40] Richardus Raymaker: then i hope lbsa gets the same stability
[10:40] Nebadon Izumi: i need a stand on peoples heads script
[10:40] BlueWall Slade: lol, popcorn
[10:40] paulie Flomar: RR, LBSA seems much more stable on HEAD.
[10:40] Mark Spencer: stability is important for users
[10:41] Nebadon Izumi: once of my favorite SL pass times
[10:41] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[10:41] Stefan Andersson: neb be STILL so I can 'add' you!
[10:41] Nebadon Izumi: oh
[10:41] Nebadon Izumi: sorry
[10:41] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[10:41] Nebadon Izumi: freezes in place
[10:41] OtakuMegane Desu: Quick question: When will the region purge system be started again?
[10:41] Digital Melody: so what is it you've done to speed up this place /cut down the lag
[10:41] Dahlia Trimble: lots of recent enhancements to opensim
[10:42] Starky Rubble: some biggies lol
[10:42] paulie Flomar: Digital, the last few revisions have tracked down and eliminated code that was unneccsarily slowing things down.
[10:42] Digital Melody: and how the hell have you done the kewl screen behind you lol
[10:43] Nebadon Izumi: its running
[10:43] paulie Flomar: neb is the master of OpenSIm screens. :)
[10:43] Nebadon Izumi: though i probably need to tune it up
[10:43] OtakuMegane Desu: Maybe. Still seeing the same dead regions laying around
[10:43] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[10:43] Nebadon Izumi: probably
[10:43] OtakuMegane Desu: That've been that way for a week or more
[10:43] Nebadon Izumi: i need to tune it up a bit
[10:43] Digital Melody: its kewl best thing i've seen in ages
[10:43] Nebadon Izumi: its probably taking longer than the reset time
[10:43] OtakuMegane Desu: At least it's going again, though
[10:43] Nebadon Izumi: so its resetting before it scans all the regions i think
[10:44] OtakuMegane Desu: Ah
[10:44] Nebadon Izumi: i'll fix it up
[10:44] OtakuMegane Desu: Cool. Thanks.
[10:44] BlueWall Slade:
[10:45] Snoopy Pfeffer is Online
[10:45] Nebadon Izumi: the videos behind me btw
[10:45] Nebadon Izumi: are from youtubne
[10:45] Nebadon Izumi: most are here
[10:45] Nebadon Izumi:
[10:45] paulie Flomar: (formerly SLCN)
[10:46] Nebadon Izumi: this is all demoscene paulie
[10:46] Nebadon Izumi: from my youtube page
[10:46] Nebadon Izumi: ive been vj'ing
[10:46] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[10:46] paulie Flomar: yeah. I was just plugging heh
[10:46] Nebadon Izumi: ah
[10:46] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[10:46] paulie Flomar: vj ++
[10:47] paulie Flomar: that is freakin hypnotic....
[10:47] Digital Melody: how is it playing when i'm not playing ideo??
[10:47] Nebadon Izumi: hehe demoscene is probably what led me to SL and openSim in the 1st place
[10:47] Nebadon Izumi: oh
[10:48] Nebadon Izumi: i have a script behind me
[10:48] Nebadon Izumi: in the DVD player
[10:48] Nebadon Izumi: ive been controlling all this time
[10:48] Nebadon Izumi: streams them live from youtube
[10:48] Nebadon Izumi: the script is available in the freebie garden area here on this sim
[10:49] Dahlia Trimble wants one
[10:49] Nebadon Izumi: tx oH was kind of enough to share with everyone
[10:49] Digital Melody: we could have movie premiers lol
[10:49] paulie Flomar: Can we stream Ogg Theora, the format supported in new Firefox 3.5?
[10:49] Nebadon Izumi: i dont think so
[10:49] Digital Melody: what format is that its so smooth
[10:49] tx Oh: ogg theora should be possible with gstreamer
[10:49] OtakuMegane Desu: I think it's limited to what Quicktime can play, isn't it?
[10:49] tx Oh: like meerkat
[10:49] Brent Seidel: Is the video actually handled by the viewer?
[10:49] tx Oh: and linux
[10:50] Penny Lane: "Youtube is down for maintenance and will be back shortly" ...
[10:50] Nebadon Izumi: yes
[10:50] Nebadon Izumi: its streamed
[10:50] Nebadon Izumi: its mp4
[10:50] Nas Messing is Online
[10:50] Dahlia Trimble: the video is whatever gstreamer or quicktime support
[10:50] Nebadon Izumi: hmm
[10:50] OtakuMegane Desu: Yeah, that's what I thought
[10:50] Nebadon Izumi: seems to have stopped working
[10:50] Nebadon Izumi: oh maybe its just slow
[10:50] Digital Melody: lol
[10:50] Digital Melody: we jinked it
[10:50] OtakuMegane Desu: The mp4 versions for Youtube are laggy sometimes
[10:51] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[10:51] Nebadon Izumi: no videos are playing anymore
[10:51] Nebadon Izumi: it happens
[10:51] tx Oh: video is mapped on a j2k image in the viewer
[10:51] paulie Flomar: We got 18 peeps in here and havent poofed yet! :)
[10:51] Nebadon Izumi: this script doesnt always work it seems
[10:51] Nebadon Izumi: not sure if its youtube
[10:51] Nebadon Izumi: or the sim
[10:51] Nebadon Izumi: probably youtube
[10:51] OtakuMegane Desu: Probably Youtube
[10:51] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[10:51] Mark Spencer: 24 peeps paulie
[10:52] Dahlia Trimble: oh oh frame time is over 1000 ms
[10:52] OtakuMegane Desu: I can't get a few videos to play, though that seems to be either a lack of mp4 version or it's flv encoded too
[10:52] Nebadon Izumi: youtube website is non responsive now too
[10:52] paulie Flomar: ah, yeah. Client stats may be wrong.
[10:52] Nebadon Izumi: i have solution
[10:52] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[10:52] paulie Flomar: we killed Youtube!
[10:52] Digital Melody: so basically i should be running the lastest svn not .65
[10:52] Starky Rubble: heh
[10:52] Compile successful
[10:52] Dahlia Trimble: theres a bout a 1 second delay between the time I press the arrow and the time I start to walk
[10:52] paulie Flomar: DM, yeah. Many performance improvements.
[10:53] Digital Melody: ok lol only just got a region set up from my VPS lol
[10:53] Kitto Flora: Whats with that Av Motion delay?
[10:53] Penny Lane: LL have added a new "plug-in" branch to viewer SVN, and we're told it's for media plugins. With a bit of luck, they'll buy the Sorensen mp4 codec and make that a plugin, as currently their Linux viewers won't play it.
[10:53] Dahlia Trimble: frame time
[10:53] Starky Rubble: See y'all on the flip side
[10:53] paulie Flomar: Penny: ooh nice.
[10:53] Richardus Raymaker: Boooo
[10:53] paulie Flomar: Bye, Starks.
[10:53] Dahlia Trimble: bye :)
[10:54] paulie Flomar: theres the video fo rme.
[10:54] Nebadon Izumi: lol ya
[10:54] Nebadon Izumi: from my server
[10:54] OtakuMegane Desu: Charles, you still awake? :)
[10:54] Nebadon Izumi: we been sabotaged
[10:54] Nebadon Izumi: youtubes still not working
[10:54] Penny Lane: paulie: nice to have a plugin interface, yeah ... but we really don't know what their plans are for it.
[10:54] paulie Flomar: Penny: yeah
[10:54] paulie Flomar: how many years have we asked for a plugin API? :)
[10:55] OtakuMegane Desu: Hell yeah Beastie Boys
[10:55] paulie Flomar: oldskool!
[10:55] BlueWall Slade is Online
[10:55] Nebadon Izumi: :)
[10:55] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[10:55] tx Oh: with a bit of luck they tacke the meerkat gstreamer patch
[10:55] Nebadon Izumi: that would be cool
[10:55] tx Oh: take
[10:55] Kitto Flora: Whats with that Av Motion delay? Does anyone know why there is the 1 second delay?
[10:55] Nebadon Izumi: for sure
[10:55] Penny Lane: Last request for a plugin API was scuppered by the asteroid that hit the dinosaurs
[10:55] Hiro Protagonist: LOL Penny
[10:55] Nebadon Izumi: heh
[10:55] paulie Flomar: I thought that video was "Hot Fuzz" at first. heh. Good movie.
[10:55] Dahlia Trimble: kitto, it's the frame time
[10:56] Kitto Flora: Which frame time? Frame time where?
[10:56] paulie Flomar: SImon Pegg ++
[10:56] Dahlia Trimble: total frame time in stats
[10:56] Friendly Harbour: question: in the past we used xml files for the regions, do we now have to more to ini files or can both ini and xml be used?
[10:56] Dahlia Trimble: ctrl-shift-1
[10:56] Richardus Raymaker: omg SL is doing inventory rotation
[10:56] OtakuMegane Desu: For now I think xml is working.
[10:56] Mojito Sorbet: The XML files keep getting rewritten in a hard-to-read format
[10:56] paulie Flomar: RR: ?
[10:56] Dahlia Trimble: this region is only computing a frame about every second
[10:56] OtakuMegane Desu: Support will be removed eventually though as I understand
[10:57] Mojito Sorbet: !I see 42 sim frames per sec
[10:57] Kitto Flora: Er - is that like 880mS as opposed toe the 44mS that SL runs at?
[10:57] Mojito Sorbet: 55 sim fps, 45 physics
[10:57] Friendly Harbour: i just upgraded 3 opensim instances, and 3 work fine but the 4th does not want to read the xml files :(
[10:57] paulie Flomar: 6.8 fps here for me.
[10:57] Dahlia Trimble: the FPS is misleading
[10:57] tx Oh: i doubt you can see more then 25 fps
[10:57] Dahlia Trimble: Total frame time
[10:57] tx Oh: ;-)
[10:57] Mojito Sorbet: Ohm,viewer FPS is 14, which is low
[10:57] paulie Flomar: my packet loss is high at 1.9%
[10:58] Mojito Sorbet: But the sim speed seems fine
[10:58] Richardus Raymaker: sorry paulo. wrong display. LL is doing invemtory server rotation. what the heck that may help
[10:58] Richardus Raymaker: pauli
[10:58] paulie Flomar: RR: no worries. :)(
[10:58] Dahlia Trimble: my packet loss is 0.0% and I have a proxy too
[10:58] Richardus Raymaker: can better say nothing
[10:58] OtakuMegane Desu: My network setting is all the way down to 200. Pretty minimal packet loss
[10:58] paulie Flomar: Dahlia, yeah. Loss has dropped to 0% for me , also. That musta been a temporarily congestion.
[10:58] Stefan Andersson: k peeps, gotta go. Thank you so much for having me. :)
[10:59] paulie Flomar: Bye, Stephs!
[10:59] Kitto Flora: Is that like 880mS as opposed toe the 44mS that SL runs at? I dont particularly trust the Stats panel in OpenSim - I suspect that displayed readings are not really relevant.
[10:59] Nebadon Izumi: sure anytime Stefan, were here every week :)
[10:59] Hiro Protagonist: TC Stefan, thanks for joining us!
[10:59] paulie Flomar: thx for comin.
[10:59] Brent Seidel: have agood one
[10:59] BlueWall Slade: Thanks for visiting
[10:59] Nebadon Izumi: thanks for coming
[10:59] Mojito Sorbet: That video
[10:59] Nebadon Izumi: Stefan is Lbsa everyone
[10:59] Nebadon Izumi: for those who dont know
[10:59] OtakuMegane Desu: Lol
[10:59] Penny Lane: It's not the sim FPS that's the problem here. It's that updates neve stop. I've been here an hour and there is still a continuous 500Kbps arriving. SL doesn't behave like that.
[11:00] Dahlia Trimble: I should go too, need to eat. Bye all :)
[11:00] Hiro Protagonist: this is not SL.
[11:00] Nebadon Izumi: ok Dahlia
[11:00] paulie Flomar: Bye, Dahl!
[11:00] Hiro Protagonist: Bye Dahlia!
[11:00] Dahlia Trimble is Offline
[11:00] BlueWall Slade: Bye Dahlia
[11:00] Justin Clark-Casey: hmm, yes, continuing updates is surprising
[11:00] Penny Lane: Cyu Dahlia
[11:00] Justin Clark-Casey: oh well, I need to dash too, bye folks (for another week :)
[11:00] Digital Melody: cu
[11:00] paulie Flomar: Cya, JCC!
[11:00] Hiro Protagonist: see ya Justin, tc :)
[11:00] Brent Seidel: Bye JCC
[11:00] Nebadon Izumi: thanks for coming Justin
[11:00] Monk Zymurgy: oh I heard JCC's FLOSS podcast interview t'other day..very good job
[11:00] Mojito Sorbet: My net throttle is set to 370, but I am getting more than that pushed at me
[11:00] Nebadon Izumi: great meeting today
[11:00] paulie Flomar: yah
[11:00] Nebadon Izumi: i didnt think we would make it the full hour
[11:00] Justin Clark-Casey: monk: thanks :)
[11:00] Monk Zymurgy: cya justin
[11:00] Nebadon Izumi: so this is awesome
[11:00] Brent Seidel: No crashes yet.
[11:01] paulie Flomar: wewt!!
[11:01] OtakuMegane Desu: The throttle in client settings has no direct meaning.
[11:01] BlueWall Slade: see ya Justin
[11:01] OtakuMegane Desu: Nobody is sure quite how it works.
[11:01] Hiro Protagonist: it's not gonna crash today.
[11:01] Mojito Sorbet: Di dthis meeting start an hour ago? I must have written it down wrong
[11:01] Justin Clark-Casey is Offline
[11:01] Penny Lane: The updates @ 500Kbps never stop nor vary much from that amount, despite my bandwidth being set to 1500Kbps and my line being 20Mbps.
[11:01] Hiro Protagonist: yes it did
[11:01] Nebadon Izumi: yes Mojito its 11am PST
[11:01] Nebadon Izumi: every Tuesday
[11:01] Richardus Raymaker: !how to block auto play without disableing the player function. this is nuts.
[11:01] Mojito Sorbet: There is a parameter in OpenSim.inni that tells it to push faster than a client wants
[11:01] Richardus Raymaker: kepe pressing stop
[11:01] Nebadon Izumi: im sure we'll be hanging here fora bit
[11:01] Nebadon Izumi: i'll be posting a log up too soon
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: since i have one today
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[11:02] Mojito Sorbet: I think a time is wrong on a web page somewhere then
[11:02] Digital Melody: the maps are loading up very quickly too
[11:02] paulie Flomar lurves this jam.
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: ok thats possible Mojito
[11:02] Hiro Protagonist: Awesome Neb
[11:02] OtakuMegane Desu: No it isn't, technically. Daylight Savings.
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: the only page i know of is on wiki
[11:02] Simulator Version v0.5 shouts: OpenSim 0.6.5 (Dev) .9960 (OS Fedora release 9 (Sulphur) Kernel \r on an \m) ChilTasks:True PhysPrim:True
[11:02] Brent Seidel: Hey Nebadon, I did save logs from the last two meetings if you want them
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: there may be other places its wrong
[11:02] Hiro Protagonist: I'm gotta hop out and go work groups w/mcortez a bit
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: sure Brent
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: that would be great
[11:02] paulie Flomar sings HELL YES!!
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: if you could send me notecards
[11:02] Digital Melody: i though you had implimented that picture thnag
[11:02] BlueWall Slade: See ya Hiro
[11:02] paulie Flomar: Gawd, just put this jam on repeat and melt my brain with it.
[11:03] Hiro Protagonist: y'all haz yerselves a greater afternoon ;D
[11:03] Nebadon Izumi: see you hiro
[11:03] paulie Flomar: "Hell YES!"
[11:03] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[11:03] Nebadon Izumi: i love this song
[11:03] paulie Flomar: oh Gaawd yeah
[11:03] tx Oh: may i ask for any critique on the gridhopper project?
[11:03] paulie Flomar: just put it on repeat and we will have a parteh
[11:04] Nebadon Izumi: i think its great tx
[11:04] Nebadon Izumi: i was wondering though
[11:04] Nebadon Izumi: maybe it would be good to display the URL in a copyable format?
[11:04] Snoopy Pfeffer is Offline
[11:04] Brent Seidel: Here's one. Now to make the next one...
[11:04] Brent Seidel gave you 16-Jun-2009.
[11:04] Nebadon Izumi: thanks
[11:04] Monk Zymurgy: you can export all the link data
[11:04] Nebadon Izumi: ya i just meant on the website
[11:04] Nebadon Izumi: the info is there
[11:04] Nebadon Izumi: but no URL put together
[11:04] Nebadon Izumi: just a thought
[11:05] Charles Krinke: Ok. I need to go. Great meeting, the region is still running.
[11:05] paulie Flomar: Bye, CK!
[11:05] tx Oh: i get it. i will do that. as a smaller font, maybe
[11:05] BlueWall Slade: See ya Charles
[11:05] Monk Zymurgy:
[11:05] Nebadon Izumi: but i know very little about HG
[11:05] Charles Krinke is Offline
[11:05] Nebadon Izumi: so im very outsider opinion
[11:05] Digital Melody: lol is this the first meeting you've had where the region didn't crash
[11:05] Richardus Raymaker: no.
[11:05] BlueWall Slade: the sim is releaseing memory back as people log
[11:05] OtakuMegane Desu: Yeah
[11:06] paulie Flomar: schweet!
[11:06] Richardus Raymaker: thats nice blue
[11:06] Monk Zymurgy: cya charles
[11:06] OtakuMegane Desu: They seem to have made a big step on memory usage recently
[11:06] tx Oh: cool!
[11:06] Digital Melody: yup
[11:06] Nebadon Izumi: is this the Newest mono trunk too?
[11:06] tx Oh: thats good news.
[11:06] Nebadon Izumi: from yesterday?
[11:06] Digital Melody: its so much nicer to use
[11:06] BlueWall Slade: yes
[11:06] Nebadon Izumi: awesome
[11:06] Penny Lane: Well it's a bit early atm, but I'm sure Opensim's *future* goal will be to beMORE reliable than SL
[11:06] OtakuMegane Desu: Several of the recent builds have been dumping unneccessary data being sent too.
[11:07] BlueWall Slade: we reached 2.7G + in top
[11:07] OtakuMegane Desu: Honestly, at the moment OSGrid IS more reliable than SL.
[11:07] Brent Seidel: New motto: We have nine fives uptime ;-)
[11:07] paulie Flomar: We're doin better than IE8. That pos keeps crashin on meh. heh.
[11:07] BlueWall Slade: and 1.5G+ in the stats report
[11:07] Hiro Protagonist is Offline
[11:07] tx Oh: 2.7 gb on what?
[11:08] Digital Melody: maybe its mono improving on its memory leaks too then
[11:08] tx Oh: linux? one sim with how many regions?
[11:08] BlueWall Slade: the instance has one region
[11:08] Hiro Protagonist is Online
[11:08] Brent Seidel gave you 23-Jun-2009 Chat Log.
[11:08] tx Oh: 2.7gb for one region?
[11:08] BlueWall Slade: we have four instances
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: thanks Brent
[11:09] Nebadon Izumi: i'll post all this up shortly
[11:09] BlueWall Slade: that is in top
[11:09] Brent Seidel gave you 23-Jun-2009 Chat Log.
[11:09] BlueWall Slade: so, it's a little deceptive
[11:09] Brent Seidel: You're welcome
[11:09] Penny Lane: What's the wiki page for chat logs?
[11:09] Nebadon Izumi: hang on
[11:09] BlueWall Slade:
[11:10] Penny Lane: Ta
[11:10] BlueWall Slade: you can see the curren t stats for all ther regions there
[11:10] Richardus Raymaker: i go on challange with cheaper daul core and 2GB. :O only 4 regions
[11:10] Nebadon Izumi:
[11:10] paulie Flomar: OH, that Dizzie Rascal..
[11:10] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[11:11] Brent Seidel: Well, I think that I'll go and find some food too.
[11:11] paulie Flomar: OH, he did NOT just scope that PUPPET ASS!!!!
[11:11] Brent Seidel: Have a good one all.
[11:11] Nebadon Izumi: ok Brent
[11:11] Nebadon Izumi: thanks man
[11:11] BlueWall Slade: bye Brent
[11:11] paulie Flomar: Dizzie, you rascal!
[11:11] tx Oh: oh, i have a elgg question. i made a page where non-registered useres should be able to post comments. (public) but it seems not possible to write comments atm
[11:11] Nebadon Izumi: oh
[11:11] Penny Lane: Ah, lol, chat log links at bottom of that page ... I never scrolled that far before :P
[11:11] Nebadon Izumi: ok i'll let adam know
[11:11] Nebadon Izumi: and give that a test tx
[11:12] tx Oh: would be nice. maybe i did something wrong or so
[11:12] Nebadon Izumi: ya im still figuring it out a bit myself
[11:12] paulie Flomar sings "if you dont have a you gonna have a dream come TRUUEE?"
[11:12] Nebadon Izumi: ive not tried making comments on anything
[11:12] Nebadon Izumi: i'll test it out in a bit
[11:13] paulie Flomar: bye, Dizzie..
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[11:13] tx Oh: yepp, public comments for unregistered users.
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: ok
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: thanks for letting me know
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: its probably permissions or something
[11:13] paulie Flomar: ooh, this clip is dark..
[11:14] Nebadon Izumi: Lemon Jelly - Shouty Track
[11:14] tx Oh: else i really like the elggthingy :-)
[11:14] paulie Flomar: :)
[11:14] Nebadon Izumi: ya its coming along nicely
[11:14] Nebadon Izumi: bit tough to figure out at 1st
[11:14] Nebadon Izumi: but it has lots of potential
[11:14] paulie Flomar: That guy got a cleaver in his haid!! LO>
[11:15] paulie Flomar: "Cleavered!!!"
[11:15] paulie Flomar whispers: THis is like a Teen Girl Squad music video!
[11:15] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[11:15] paulie Flomar: "Arrowed!!"
[11:15] paulie Flomar: "Cannoned!!"
[11:16] tx Oh: hehe.. aeh. maybe one thing: when people change profiles, it would be clever to don't write it on wire every time butinremental update the first profile change note
[11:16] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[11:16] Nebadon Izumi: that is kind of annoying
[11:16] tx Oh: but i think this goes beter to the elgg people
[11:16] BlueWall Slade: Penny - did you get an opportunity to try your other account?
[11:17] paulie Flomar: "Now its OVER!!"
[11:17] Nebadon Izumi: well, i think im going to get some lunch myself
[11:17] Nebadon Izumi: need food

Personal tools
About This Wiki