Chat log from the meeting on 2009-04-28

From OpenSimulator

Jump to: navigation, search

Tuesday Meeting @ Wright Plaza on OSGrid

*** Please note we were testing voice chat, so there might be some gaps in conversations ***
Visitor List:
Nebadon Izumi
Starky Rubble
Fly Man
M1sha Dallin
Richardus Raymaker
Maria Korolov
Michael Skelito
Justin Clark-Casey
Tomm Remedy
Static Sprocket
BlueWall Slade
Snoopy Pfeffer
Charles Krinke
t an
Kitto Flora
Ideia Boa
Rasmus ht
Key Gruin
Teravus Ousley
tx Oh
Dimitri Darras
eekee x
Oren Enzo
Robert Graf
Woutch Verstraeten
Ice Glacier
neckro RO
Stronkie Piek
Star Design
Total = 29

[09:49] BlueWall Slade is Online
[09:50] Nebadon Izumi: reset list
[09:50] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Done resetting.
[09:50] Nebadon Izumi: say list
[09:50] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Visitor List:
[09:50] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Total = 0
[09:52] Nebadon Izumi: hello
[09:52] Starky Rubble: howdy
[09:52] Nebadon Izumi: ya wierd
[09:52] Nebadon Izumi: looks like the scripts arent working on seats
[09:52] Starky Rubble: heh
[09:52] Compile successful
[09:53] Nebadon Izumi: hmm
[09:53] Nebadon Izumi: well give it a few to balance out still
[09:53] Starky Rubble: hehe
[09:53] Starky Rubble: freshly booted?
[09:53] Nebadon Izumi: yep
[09:53] Nebadon Izumi: some scripts were still starting when i logged in
[09:53] Nebadon Izumi: woohooo
[09:54] M1sha Dallin: I don't seem to be sitting :-)
[09:54] Nebadon Izumi: give it a minute
[09:54] Nebadon Izumi: animation has to load
[09:54] Nebadon Izumi: took a minute for me too
[09:54] M1sha Dallin: ok
[09:54] M1sha Dallin: Hi :-)
[09:54] Nebadon Izumi: hello
[09:54] Nebadon Izumi: :)
[09:54] Richardus Raymaker: do you expect something falling ?
[09:54] Disconnected from in-world Voice Chat
[09:54] Starky Rubble: I could stand for a meeting lol
[09:54] Fly Man: hey neb
[09:54] Nebadon Izumi: hey
[09:55] Fly Man: is it just me or hasn't the voice kicked in ?
[09:55] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[09:55] Nebadon Izumi: no voice
[09:55] Nebadon Izumi: i dunno why
[09:55] Richardus Raymaker: hi fly, nebadon
[09:55] Maria Korolov is Online
[09:55] Nebadon Izumi: i told bluewall
[09:55] Richardus Raymaker: M1sha
[09:55] Nebadon Izumi: i guess we'll have to skip voice this week
[09:56] Nebadon Izumi: since it seems to have quit on us
[09:56] Michael Skelito: lol foldie feet
[09:56] Nebadon Izumi: maybe a kick to freeswitch will bring it back
[09:56] M1sha Dallin: Hi Richardus
[09:56] Youtube Video Player v1.1:
[09:56] Youtube Video Player v1.1: 1) masagin
[09:56] Youtube Video Player v1.1:
[09:56] Fly Man: Don't kick it
[09:56] Fly Man: then the sim will get it ...
[09:56] Nebadon Izumi: ok ive restarted it while being in the sim
[09:56] Nebadon Izumi: no problems
[09:56] Nebadon Izumi: but
[09:56] Nebadon Izumi: i dont want to break the meeting
[09:56] Nebadon Izumi: so we'll wait
[09:56] Nebadon Izumi: not a big deal
[09:56] Nebadon Izumi: id prefer we keep the meeting info in text anyway
[09:57] Nebadon Izumi: for the logs
[09:57] Justin Clark-Casey is Online
[09:57] Nebadon Izumi: but it would have been a good test
[09:57] Starky Rubble: yes
[09:57] Michael Skelito: everyone one has foldie legs
[09:57] Starky Rubble: to both
[09:57] Richardus Raymaker: voice works here anyway bad. last time i tryed it in sl it died. input side works anyway not for some reason
[09:57] Richardus Raymaker: text easyer to understand to
[09:57] M1sha Dallin: Need some girl friendly sit animations
[09:57] Starky Rubble: we're waiting for the seting scripts to start
[09:57] Fly Man: M1sha, need a girl ;)
[09:58] Nebadon Izumi: try forcing your inventory to download
[09:58] Nebadon Izumi: type something in the inventory search
[09:58] Nebadon Izumi: then stand and sit
[09:58] Justin Clark-Casey: hello folks
[09:58] Nebadon Izumi: i see everyone sitting
[09:58] Nebadon Izumi: hello Justin
[09:58] Michael Skelito: your all grey Justin
[09:58] Fly Man: Hey Justin
[09:58] Nebadon Izumi: any luck?
[09:58] Justin Clark-Casey: Yes, graphics card issue and running on my 2nd monitor
[09:59] M1sha Dallin: inventory is fine
[09:59] Nebadon Izumi: might need a relog
[09:59] M1sha Dallin: sit is not :-)
[09:59] Nebadon Izumi: try a differnt cushion too
[09:59] Justin Clark-Casey: I see you guys incorporated OSGrid. Congratulations
[09:59] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[09:59] Nebadon Izumi: things are moving forward
[09:59] Michael Skelito: there your good
[09:59] Starky Rubble: Fly man is the sitting expert
[09:59] Michael Skelito: your standing starky
[09:59] Justin Clark-Casey: yeah, I didn't think the grey would go away, but there we are
[10:00] BlueWall Slade is Online
[10:00] Nebadon Izumi: hehe maybe a Relog M1sha
[10:00] Snoopy Pfeffer is Online
[10:00] Justin Clark-Casey: Hey Tomm
[10:00] Richardus Raymaker: the sit script is a troublemaker
[10:00] Tomm Remedy: Howdy. :)
[10:00] Richardus Raymaker: Hi tomm
[10:00] Michael Skelito: foldie legs are funny
[10:00] Tomm Remedy: hiya
[10:00] Nebadon Izumi: the sim was sorta still starting
[10:00] Snoopy Pfeffer: hi BlueWall
[10:00] Nebadon Izumi: as 2 or 3 of us logged in
[10:00] Charles Krinke is Online
[10:00] Justin Clark-Casey: yeah, the foldie legs have been with us a long long time
[10:00] Snoopy Pfeffer: hi Charles
[10:00] BlueWall Slade: Hello!
[10:00] Nebadon Izumi: i was a bit premature enabling logins
[10:00] Snoopy Pfeffer: hello Justin
[10:00] Starky Rubble: I don't see any folded legs in the room lol
[10:00] Justin Clark-Casey: many would be the tales sung about the developer who fixes that bug
[10:00] Richardus Raymaker: hi justin
[10:00] Justin Clark-Casey: hi snoopy, richardus
[10:00] Michael Skelito: I do
[10:00] Michael Skelito: and your standing
[10:01] Michael Skelito: lol
[10:01] paulie Flomar is Offline
[10:01] Charles Krinke: morning
[10:01] Starky Rubble: well yes
[10:01] Snoopy Pfeffer: hi all
[10:01] Justin Clark-Casey: hello charles, congratulations on the osgrid incorporation
[10:01] Starky Rubble: we are all standing except flyman
[10:01] Michael Skelito: hmm
[10:01] Fly Man: Yeah, good me ;)
[10:01] Nebadon Izumi: strange
[10:01] Nebadon Izumi: i see everyone sitting proper
[10:01] Snoopy Pfeffer: osgrid inc.?
[10:01] Fly Man: I just have a good sitter ;)
[10:01] Starky Rubble: and jcc
[10:01] Michael Skelito: I see foldie legs
[10:01] Justin Clark-Casey: I see almost all of us sitting
[10:01] Nebadon Izumi: Yes OSGrid is moving towards non profit corp status
[10:02] Snoopy Pfeffer: cool
[10:02] Snoopy Pfeffer: :)
[10:02] Justin Clark-Casey: 501c?
[10:02] Starky Rubble: you are swimming in my Hippo Jcc
[10:02] Nebadon Izumi: Charles want to fill everyone in?
[10:02] Justin Clark-Casey: how wierd
[10:02] paulie Flomar is Offline
[10:02] Fly Man: Charles, your group :)
[10:03] Charles Krinke: Sure. The corporation has been formed and is named "OSGrid, Inc.". It is a not-for-profit California Corporation. Nebadon is the President, Adam is the Vice President and I am the Secretary/Treasurer
[10:04] Static Sprocket: Are you going fo non-profit as a social club, or ?
[10:04] Nebadon Izumi: well more development platform
[10:04] Nebadon Izumi: than social environment
[10:04] t an: hi, this Ruth is <antont> in case someone was wondering
[10:04] Charles Krinke: There is a filing by our attorney with the IRS for tax exempt status that is currently being worked on.
[10:04] Michael Skelito: doesnt work flyman
[10:05] Fly Man: t an
[10:05] Fly Man: New name ;)
[10:05] Disconnected from in-world Voice Chat
[10:05] Charles Krinke: The purpose of the corporation is to handle donations, server expenditures and any necessary legal filings including agreements, contracts and the like.
[10:05] Michael Skelito: nvm lag
[10:05] Connecting to in-world Voice Chat...
[10:05] Connected
[10:05] Charles Krinke: We should be publishing a "Mission Statement" sometime which is the not-for-profit corporation version of a business plan.
[10:06] Fly Man: Skelito, definitly works ;)
[10:06] Nebadon Izumi: ok voice is up
[10:06] Nebadon Izumi: we figured it out
[10:06] t an turns up volume
[10:06] Justin Clark-Casey: voice on wp now?
[10:06] Michael Skelito: Its good Fly Man
[10:06] Ideia Boa: hey all
[10:06] Nebadon Izumi: ok nice
[10:06] Nebadon Izumi: i heard it
[10:06] Nebadon Izumi: i also said "Test"
[10:06] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[10:06] BlueWall Slade: I heard someone
[10:06] Fly Man: Ahh, test up :D ?
[10:06] Fly Man needs to relog
[10:06] Nebadon Izumi: yes
[10:06] Nebadon Izumi: if your not connecteed
[10:06] Fly Man is Offline
[10:06] Nebadon Izumi: go into preferences
[10:06] Nebadon Izumi: disable voice
[10:06] Starky Rubble: I hear ticking lol
[10:06] Nebadon Izumi: then re-enable
[10:07] Nebadon Izumi: it will connect you
[10:07] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[10:07] BlueWall Slade: I hear nem
[10:07] BlueWall Slade: neb
[10:07] Starky Rubble: I heard 123
[10:07] Nebadon Izumi: :)
[10:07] Nebadon Izumi: its gonna be rough
[10:07] t an: should hippo work for audio out of the box?
[10:07] Nebadon Izumi: with this kind of crowd
[10:07] Nebadon Izumi: we just want to test it
[10:07] Fly Man is Online
[10:07] Justin Clark-Casey: hmm, I don't seem to have any luck with that
[10:07] Nebadon Izumi: we'll still conduct the meeting here in chat
[10:07] Michael Skelito: I hear water
[10:07] Starky Rubble: beeps
[10:08] Maria Korolov is Offline
[10:08] Charles Krinke: Hmm. I suspect my microphone is not quite setup correctly, yet.
[10:08] Fly Man: Ahh
[10:08] Fly Man: much better
[10:08] Nebadon Izumi: ya its going to take time to get it right
[10:08] Tomm Remedy: is it compatible with the hippo viewer?
[10:08] Michael Skelito: yes
[10:08] Starky Rubble: peek
[10:08] Nebadon Izumi: hhehe i hear people
[10:08] Fly Man: You serious ?
[10:08] Nebadon Izumi: bluewall you sound like a chipmunk
[10:08] t an: i hear water too but that's not related to voice i guess. the active speakers list is empty
[10:08] Justin Clark-Casey: hmm, device settings is unhappy for me anyway, oh well
[10:08] Nebadon Izumi: to me anyway
[10:08] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[10:08] Richardus Raymaker: i would say i hear something. but not easy.
[10:09] Nebadon Izumi: Fly Man you sound perfect
[10:09] Fly Man: Nebadon, I know ;)
[10:09] Starky Rubble: choppy chipmunks
[10:09] Nebadon Izumi: heheh
[10:09] Fly Man: I have a good headset and connection :)
[10:09] Richardus Raymaker: chat is always betetr to use then voice
[10:09] Starky Rubble: nnope
[10:09] Starky Rubble: echo echo echo
[10:09] BlueWall Slade is Offline
[10:09] Michael Skelito: list is empty
[10:09] Fly Man: So, who talked just now ?
[10:09] Fly Man: is better to tell your name ;)
[10:09] Michael Skelito: oh there
[10:09] Richardus Raymaker: on what server is vopice running ?
[10:09] Charles Krinke: Nebadon and Fly-Man sound fine. I think my microphone is not functioning yet.
[10:09] Michael Skelito: I hear
[10:10] Starky Rubble: volume leves speaker is clear
[10:10] t an: so should it work with hippo (does it come with slvoice.exe?) or need to install that separately, or use the slviewer?
[10:10] BlueWall Slade is Online
[10:10] Richardus Raymaker: bt choppy sometimes but it works
[10:10] Michael Skelito: also try and disable and enable
[10:10] Justin Clark-Casey is Offline
[10:10] Starky Rubble: whos is talking?
[10:10] Charles Krinke: the fact that it works at all is amazing
[10:10] Starky Rubble: ah
[10:10] Fly Man: Let's see
[10:11] Michael Skelito: yes
[10:11] Starky Rubble: Yes
[10:11] Richardus Raymaker: not so loud
[10:11] Justin Clark-Casey is Online
[10:11] Charles Krinke: Tom sounds fine
[10:11] Starky Rubble: Hey Tomm
[10:11] Fly Man: Good :)
[10:11] Michael Skelito: ow load
[10:11] Fly Man: Fly Man on the mic now
[10:11] Kitto Flora: Tomm very loud
[10:11] Richardus Raymaker: hi kitto
[10:11] Kitto Flora: Hello everyone
[10:11] Nebadon Izumi: ok i unlocked my mic
[10:11] Nebadon Izumi: could be me
[10:11] t an: ok there seems to be a slvoice.exe in the hippo dir, hmhm
[10:11] Nebadon Izumi: i need to adjust this alot
[10:12] Snoopy Pfeffer is Online
[10:12] Nebadon Izumi: good test
[10:12] Michael Skelito: whats that beep?
[10:12] Nebadon Izumi: thanks guys
[10:12] Nebadon Izumi: the beep is a timeout reconnect
[10:12] Fly Man: the beep tells us there's a new person
[10:12] Richardus Raymaker: sounds a bit like a airport tower :)
[10:12] Nebadon Izumi: needs more adjusting
[10:12] Nebadon Izumi: heh Bluewall still chipmunking
[10:12] Michael Skelito: chipmonk
[10:12] Fly Man: Blue, still a chipmunk
[10:12] Teravus Ousley is Online
[10:12] BlueWall Slade: lol
[10:12] Kitto Flora: I have Hippo 0.5.0 and voice is working - for receive
[10:13] Fly Man: Yup
[10:13] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[10:13] BlueWall Slade: hmm
[10:13] Richardus Raymaker: kitto there's a 0.5.1
[10:13] Fly Man: everything above 0.4 for Hippo is good
[10:13] Fly Man: and the SL client 1.22.2
[10:13] Kitto Flora: Update time :)
[10:13] Nebadon Izumi: hello
[10:13] BlueWall Slade: hello
[10:13] Snoopy Pfeffer: yes voice works well
[10:13] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[10:13] Michael Skelito: Tomm to loud
[10:13] Justin Clark-Casey: ah, this is depedant on having a 1.22 client?
[10:13] Fly Man: Justin, depends
[10:13] Maria Korolov is Online
[10:13] Nebadon Izumi: yes Justin
[10:13] Fly Man: Hippo or SL
[10:13] Nebadon Izumi: or Hippo 0.5.1
[10:13] Justin Clark-Casey: still on 1.21 here, that's why it doesnt' work for me :)
[10:13] Snoopy Pfeffer: I also had freeswitch crashes when it runs with high priority
[10:13] Nebadon Izumi: also i have some more stats i can share
[10:13] Kitto Flora: Hi Teravus
[10:14] t an: hm yah i need to update hippo here, running 0.4.0 it seems :p
[10:14] Nebadon Izumi: if you give me one moment
[10:14] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[10:14] Nebadon Izumi: i hear teravus
[10:14] Fly Man: For the ppl that are on 0.4.0 Hippo
[10:14] Fly Man: Upgrade to 0.5.1
[10:14] Fly Man: that has the problems fixed from 0.5.0
[10:14] Richardus Raymaker: gosh i have at least voice signal input in preferences
[10:14] Snoopy Pfeffer: btw you can switch off the beeps and music on hold
[10:15] Michael Skelito: beep
[10:15] Kitto Flora: Is the chipmunk running MorphVOX?
[10:15] Fly Man: Hey Neb, turn off the clock ...
[10:15] Teravus Ousley: Hello Kitto
[10:15] Nebadon Izumi: ok
[10:15] Michael Skelito: viewer time
[10:15] Nebadon Izumi: we have begun to collect stats
[10:15] Nebadon Izumi: about region versions
[10:15] Nebadon Izumi: here is very early #'s
[10:15] Nebadon Izumi: 216 not-indexed 112 < 14 OpenSimulator Server 0.6.4 5 OpenSimulator Server 7 OpenSimulator Server 17 OpenSimulator Server 4 OpenSimulator Server 6 OpenSimulator Server 2 OpenSimulator Server 7 OpenSimulator Server 2 OpenSimulator Server 5 OpenSimulator Server 2 OpenSimulator Server 4 OpenSimulator Server 17 OpenSimulator Server 110 Unknown
[10:16] Nebadon Izumi: its only been running for less than 1 hour now
[10:16] Fly Man: These stats will be on the website shortly
[10:16] Nebadon Izumi: it has not indexed all the servers yet
[10:16] Richardus Raymaker: OK. do we have a new version ?
[10:16] Starky Rubble: very very nice
[10:16] Fly Man: after I adjust the last bits
[10:16] Nebadon Izumi: but we are reporting 535 unique servers
[10:16] Nebadon Izumi: or Ip's
[10:16] Nebadon Izumi: I hear
[10:16] Snoopy Pfeffer: lol
[10:16] Michael Skelito: I hear
[10:16] Starky Rubble: i CAN HEAR
[10:16] Nebadon Izumi: i hear you teravus
[10:16] Snoopy Pfeffer: guess hehe
[10:16] Richardus Raymaker: not sure if mine works.
[10:16] Michael Skelito: beep
[10:16] Charles Krinke: Teravus sounds fine
[10:16] Richardus Raymaker: i hear, i have input. but the rest i need to test later local
[10:16] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[10:17] Starky Rubble: lol
[10:17] Nebadon Izumi: very nice
[10:17] Static Sprocket: Nebadon, if there are two instances at the same IP, are you counting as 1 or 2?
[10:17] Charles Krinke: <harumph>
[10:17] Nebadon Izumi: just 1
[10:17] Nebadon Izumi: right now
[10:17] Fly Man: Static, 1
[10:17] Starky Rubble: its chippy!
[10:17] Nebadon Izumi: hmm what else
[10:17] Nebadon Izumi: also
[10:17] Justin Clark-Casey is Offline
[10:17] Fly Man: We're selecting unique's
[10:17] Maria Korolov: I'm listening,but i'm not saying aything
[10:17] Nebadon Izumi: Groups are now enabled here
[10:17] Nebadon Izumi: and all the plazas
[10:17] Nebadon Izumi: feel free to try to make a group
[10:17] Nebadon Izumi: and send out some invites
[10:17] Nebadon Izumi: your group could potentially be erases
[10:17] Nebadon Izumi: erased
[10:17] Nebadon Izumi: but have fun trying it out
[10:17] t an: viewer update, bbl
[10:18] Michael Skelito: beep buzz
[10:18] Fly Man: The beep you keep hearing means someone is entering the parcel
[10:18] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[10:18] Fly Man: that will be disabled
[10:18] Nebadon Izumi: on time
[10:18] Snoopy Pfeffer: I cannot active the group Office Hours hmm
[10:18] Nebadon Izumi: 11am browser time
[10:18] Tomm Remedy: YAY i made a group
[10:18] Snoopy Pfeffer is Offline
[10:18] Nebadon Izumi: sorry 10am
[10:18] Justin Clark-Casey is Online
[10:18] Nebadon Izumi: 11am PST
[10:18] Charles Krinke: When should we proceed?
[10:18] Snoopy Pfeffer is Online
[10:18] Richardus Raymaker: hi tx
[10:19] Fly Man: 8:18 PM GMT+1
[10:19] Nebadon Izumi: lets get going
[10:19] Snoopy Pfeffer: lol
[10:19] tx Oh: is there a osgrid wide group xmlrpc server?
[10:19] Nebadon Izumi: everyone can continue to test voie
[10:19] Charles Krinke: Ok, fist step as normalis to make a "recommended" version for the wek?
[10:19] Nebadon Izumi: we will continue meeting here in chat
[10:19] Starky Rubble: Good - chat is good
[10:19] Fly Man rofls
[10:19] Teravus Ousley: :)
[10:19] Nebadon Izumi: im running 9330 myself
[10:20] Michael Skelito: yes
[10:20] Nebadon Izumi: i hear you
[10:20] Richardus Raymaker: 9314 gave me problems to see my region from neigborn.
[10:20] Maria Korolov: the audio has been cutting in and out for me
[10:20] Fly Man: How many ppl are in voice now ?
[10:20] Michael Skelito: bluewall lol
[10:20] Charles Krinke: sounds like half a dozen in voice
[10:20] Fly Man: Ghehe
[10:20] Fly Man: we'll do Chat
[10:20] BlueWall Slade: lol
[10:20] Teravus Ousley: :)
[10:20] Nebadon Izumi: hehe ya we'll continue our meetings in chat
[10:20] Fly Man: but tests can be performed on all the plaza's
[10:20] Nebadon Izumi: but voice will mostly just be complimentary
[10:20] Nebadon Izumi: as its hard to log voice
[10:20] Charles Krinke: Can anyone hear my voice or is my microphone broken??
[10:20] Richardus Raymaker: ill listen, sofar you can say listen :)
[10:21] Justin Clark-Casey: shoudln't voice be insulting?
[10:21] Charles Krinke: <sigh>
[10:21] tx Oh: is there an 'official' osgrid group service?
[10:21] Nebadon Izumi: you may need to disable voice charles
[10:21] Starky Rubble: I am the only active speaker in the room according to Hippo
[10:21] Snoopy Pfeffer: lol
[10:21] Nebadon Izumi: then renable it
[10:21] Nebadon Izumi: in preferences
[10:21] Justin Clark-Casey: rather than complimentary
[10:21] Charles Krinke: Ok. "Recommended" version??
[10:21] Nebadon Izumi: so you connect
[10:21] BlueWall Slade: Starky, that is normal for now
[10:21] Simulator Version v0.5 shouts: OpenSimulator Server (OS Fedora release 9 (Sulphur) Kernel \r on an \m) ChilTasks:True PhysPrim:True
[10:21] Teravus Ousley: Recommended version.. last tag?
[10:21] Teravus Ousley: :)
[10:21] Michael Skelito: recommend interface 4 :)
[10:21] Fly Man: I would recommend the version we have lots off
[10:21] Charles Krinke: I like his hat, too.
[10:21] Key Gruin: they're available :)
[10:22] Fly Man: OpenSimulator Server
[10:22] Charles Krinke: <pffffft>
[10:22] Nebadon Izumi: ok
[10:22] Nebadon Izumi: how about 9330
[10:22] Nebadon Izumi: i can certify its solid
[10:22] Nebadon Izumi: my sims have been running for 24 hours
[10:22] Nebadon Izumi: with voice enable
[10:22] Nebadon Izumi: and groups
[10:22] Charles Krinke: Anyone object to r9330 as "recommended" for the week??
[10:22] Fly Man: 9332 would be nice, then all the search stuff works nice
[10:22] Nebadon Izumi: and offline IM's
[10:22] Fly Man: but 9330 is good :)
[10:22] Nebadon Izumi: ok cool
[10:22] Nebadon Izumi: i'll make a release after the meeting
[10:23] Snoopy Pfeffer: 9332?
[10:23] Nebadon Izumi: i'll do my best to not get distracted
[10:23] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[10:23] Snoopy Pfeffer: LOL
[10:23] Nebadon Izumi: no grand theft auto
[10:23] Tomm Remedy: I vote we make a release on revision 9999.. no matter if it's broken as fuck
[10:23] Charles Krinke: The "recommended" is just to keep those who wish to be one step back from the bleeding edge some semblance of successfull expectations.
[10:23] Richardus Raymaker: i turned voice off.
[10:23] Nebadon Izumi: until the release
[10:23] Justin Clark-Casey: has anybody seen an increase in flailing when walking over bumpy terrain?
[10:23] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[10:23] Justin Clark-Casey: or the fall animation kicking in and not stopping, rather
[10:23] Nebadon Izumi: ive seen an increase in flaling
[10:23] Nebadon Izumi: while building prims
[10:23] Nebadon Izumi: your avatar freaks out
[10:23] Nebadon Izumi: when you sleect a prim
[10:23] Justin Clark-Casey: yeah, I'm seeing that just walking over bumpy ground
[10:24] Charles Krinke: r9330 for this week, or r9332? And can we go on?
[10:24] Maria Korolov: i've been doing a lot of flailing. can't tell if its more than noral, though. sometimes on even ground. or just standing still!
[10:24] Nebadon Izumi: let me look at log real fast
[10:24] Fly Man: 9330 is good
[10:24] Michael Skelito: voice mixed with chat is confusing
[10:24] Teravus Ousley: :)
[10:24] Starky Rubble: very confusing
[10:24] Richardus Raymaker: 9330 is sold ! ?
[10:24] Charles Krinke: Lets declare r9330 "recommended" for this week. Someone put on the wiki and, please and we go on to anything the devs wish to say (or type).
[10:24] Kitto Flora: Falling while right near ground I see all time
[10:24] Kitto Flora: PAge-Down fixes
[10:25] Nebadon Izumi: ok
[10:25] Justin Clark-Casey: yeah, it's confusing though
[10:25] Nebadon Izumi: im good with 9332
[10:25] Nebadon Izumi: i'll pack it up
[10:25] tx Oh: let me ask this again: is there an 'official' osgrid group service?
[10:25] Nebadon Izumi: it looks like it might have some useful things
[10:25] BlueWall Slade: turn off that cell phone :/
[10:25] Richardus Raymaker: wich one 30 or 32 ?
[10:25] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[10:25] Nebadon Izumi: 32
[10:25] Teravus Ousley: :)
[10:25] Nebadon Izumi: seems worth of inclusion
[10:25] Snoopy Pfeffer: yes we should have an osgrid wide group service
[10:25] Nebadon Izumi: so lets go with 9332
[10:26] Teravus Ousley: well, recommend that we set a specific velocity at which the avatar starts to flail
[10:26] Tomm Remedy: nebadon, may I ask, what is the current state of the server as far as memory / cpu is concerned?
[10:26] Teravus Ousley: preferrably on the Z
[10:26] Charles Krinke: not quite yet, Tx. We are still trying to break it. I would say when Fly-Man and Nebadon are comfortable, we define the first "official" group
[10:26] Teravus Ousley: (that was my phone, it was the Connecticut Post)
[10:26] Justin Clark-Casey: the Connecticut post?
[10:26] Teravus Ousley: (a local newspaper)
[10:26] Justin Clark-Casey: man, voice really increases the amount of attention I have to pay to this meeting :)
[10:26] tx Oh: can you put it on news when it is established?
[10:26] Nebadon Izumi: your renew your subscription?
[10:26] Charles Krinke: Just tell them to join us here on the plaza, Teravus
[10:26] Teravus Ousley: They call every day and ask me to subscribe
[10:27] Tomm Remedy: I really disagree with the velocity based animation handling. It's a hack, and it should be corrected in the physics engine instead.
[10:27] Charles Krinke: Yes. Lets plan on making a news announcement when groups and voice are a tiny bit further along.
[10:27] Kitto Flora: Sell em your junk, Teravus :)
[10:27] Fly Man: We'll announce it on the loginscreen
[10:27] Snoopy Pfeffer: good idea, Charles
[10:27] Fly Man: as soon as we feel perfect about it :)
[10:28] Teravus Ousley: Tom, at least there should be some kind of noise gate on it.
[10:28] Charles Krinke: For the developers: "Are we getting enough confirmation in Mantis with technical details, or are we still a bit lax"
[10:28] Teravus Ousley: undoubtably, it's going to experience noise at some level.
[10:28] Fly Man: I've seen enough info this week
[10:28] t an: are you still speaking using voice too? i heard ok when came back a minute ago, some talk about the velocities, but nothing or a wile no
[10:28] Fly Man: if not, we ask for more inofo
[10:28] t an: ok now hear something :)
[10:28] Nebadon Izumi: heh video
[10:29] Snoopy Pfeffer: yes its the video
[10:29] Charles Krinke: sounds like the mother ship is arriving on voice
[10:29] Snoopy Pfeffer: hehe
[10:29] Fly Man: Another features that we added to the plaza's
[10:29] Nebadon Izumi: its the video screen
[10:29] Fly Man: offline messaging
[10:29] Nebadon Izumi: say list
[10:29] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Visitor List:
[10:29] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Starky Rubble
[10:29] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Fly Man
[10:29] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: M1sha Dallin
[10:29] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Richardus Raymaker
[10:29] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Maria Korolov
[10:29] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Michael Skelito
[10:29] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Justin Clark-Casey
[10:29] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Tomm Remedy
[10:29] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Static Sprocket
[10:29] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: BlueWall Slade
[10:29] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Snoopy Pfeffer
[10:29] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Charles Krinke
[10:29] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: t an
[10:29] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Kitto Flora
[10:29] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Ideia Boa
[10:29] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Rasmus ht
[10:29] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Key Gruin
[10:29] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Teravus Ousley
[10:29] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: tx Oh
[10:29] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Dimitri Darras
[10:29] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Total = 20
[10:29] Nebadon Izumi: nice
[10:29] Snoopy Pfeffer: wow offline messaging
[10:29] Snoopy Pfeffer: is hat available in trunk
[10:29] Fly Man: yes
[10:29] Snoopy Pfeffer: grid wide?
[10:29] Nebadon Izumi: not gridwide yet
[10:29] Justin Clark-Casey: I am very impressed by voice. Yay for IBM
[10:29] Nebadon Izumi: we are testing it at the plazas
[10:30] Nebadon Izumi: but actually
[10:30] Starky Rubble: Get the magic cube out and really pile the stress on
[10:30] Nebadon Izumi: anyone can setup their own offline message service
[10:30] Fly Man: and also a nice manual for the ppl that want to set it up for their own
[10:30] Nebadon Izumi: and connect their regions to it
[10:30] Richardus Raymaker: how about region lock ? i heared something about that
[10:30] Nebadon Izumi: but it will only work in your regions at the moment
[10:30] Snoopy Pfeffer: hm should not have islands for groups and offline messaging - it should be grid wide
[10:30] Snoopy Pfeffer: otherwise it will be reported as bugs by ppl
[10:30] Teravus Ousley: :)
[10:30] Starky Rubble: heheh
[10:31] Fly Man: We need to create a message from what that person just said:p
[10:31] Fly Man: and play it on unstable regions
[10:31] Snoopy Pfeffer: lol
[10:31] tx Oh: there is this nice osConsoleCommand, wouldn't it be a good feature to get the output of it back into inworld as the return value?
[10:31] Maria Korolov: heh heh
[10:31] Starky Rubble: clap calp
[10:32] Nebadon Izumi: hmm well i do plan on moving a bit more forward with the welcome center this week
[10:32] Richardus Raymaker: ok..
[10:32] Nebadon Izumi: im going to go over what everyone wrote
[10:32] Teravus Ousley: :) summery of Voice chat, be "careful running trunk" it could destroy data and eat yr children.
[10:32] Nebadon Izumi: i do have some good ideas already though
[10:33] Fly Man: For the faint at heart:
[10:33] Connecting to in-world Voice Chat...
[10:33] Connected
[10:33] Michael Skelito: Tiffany said she would donate Dradis layout
[10:33] Nebadon Izumi: ya I will have to take a look at it
[10:33] Fly Man: We will be releasing a version of UGAIM tools for Webservices
[10:33] Fly Man: it's called Wiredux
[10:33] Fly Man: complete with a webserver, mysql and cron
[10:34] Justin Clark-Casey: one othing thing, textures load great now but display of textures from inventory seems to be a little slow
[10:34] Nebadon Izumi: that could just be the massive size of the asset table
[10:34] Michael Skelito: anyone else having inventory load problems?
[10:34] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[10:34] Justin Clark-Casey: the different quality layers appear to take some time to come through even if nothing else is being downloaded at the time
[10:35] Snoopy Pfeffer: 64bit servers still have problems
[10:35] Justin Clark-Casey: this is in standalone sims
[10:35] Nebadon Izumi: oh
[10:35] Nebadon Izumi: not here on osgrid
[10:35] Nebadon Izumi: i thought you meant right now
[10:35] Justin Clark-Casey: no, not right now
[10:35] Justin Clark-Casey: just wondering if anybody else had noticed it
[10:35] Nebadon Izumi: i had not
[10:35] Nebadon Izumi: and i have a large inventory
[10:35] Nebadon Izumi: especially textures
[10:35] Richardus Raymaker: im back to 32bit
[10:35] Nebadon Izumi: almost 8000 items or so
[10:36] Nebadon Izumi: ya my server is 64 bit
[10:36] Tomm Remedy: I honestly haven't noticed any problems with loading textures from inventory.
[10:36] Nebadon Izumi: but i run the opensim.32bitlaunch.exe
[10:36] Nebadon Izumi: it seems much easier
[10:36] Fly Man: Charles, any other things you want to tell about ?
[10:36] Nebadon Izumi: than fighting with 64 bit issues
[10:36] Justin Clark-Casey: okay, thanks Tomm
[10:36] Tomm Remedy: I know that there /is/ still a problem with certain avatar baked textures reloading constantly
[10:36] Justin Clark-Casey: yeah, I think I've seen that issue too
[10:37] Tomm Remedy: but it doesn't seem to cause any visual problem in world, skins all seem to load completely
[10:37] Connecting to in-world Voice Chat...
[10:37] Connected
[10:37] Snoopy Pfeffer: I have seen a problem with a skin
[10:37] Justin Clark-Casey: hmm, I've sometimes seen the baked texture load, and then visually it degrades to a low texture and sharpens up again, and this repeats
[10:37] Justin Clark-Casey: though not forever
[10:37] Snoopy Pfeffer: it did look bad if you zoomed it in
[10:38] Tomm Remedy: Justin: You do see that in SL too, though. :)
[10:38] Tomm Remedy: the client seems to enjoy rebaking multiple times
[10:38] Snoopy Pfeffer gave you weird skin bug (look closely after rezz).
[10:38] Justin Clark-Casey: ok, I go in SL so seldom I don't always see the comparison point :)
[10:38] Teravus Ousley: we're not handling the cached texture requests
[10:38] Michael Skelito: would that be tied to the foldie legs when editting apearrance?
[10:38] Teravus Ousley: we're always returning to the client that the avatar textures are not cached
[10:39] Teravus Ousley: .. Therefore, likely.. the client is rebaking
[10:39] Justin Clark-Casey: ah ok
[10:39] Nebadon Izumi: ya if you get rainbow appearance
[10:39] Nebadon Izumi: on your skin
[10:39] Nebadon Izumi: rebake your avatar
[10:39] Nebadon Izumi: it will fix it
[10:39] Nebadon Izumi: 100 reasons that can occur
[10:39] Snoopy Pfeffer: no it didn fiy that
[10:39] Charles Krinke: Fly-Man, I would say, not at this time. The meeting is rolling and thats good.
[10:39] Tomm Remedy: as for the foldie legs, no, that's a different issue
[10:39] Snoopy Pfeffer: and it was the same here and on my land
[10:40] Nebadon Izumi: i get the rainbow appearance alot more in SL than OpenSIm
[10:40] Snoopy Pfeffer: yes lol :)
[10:40] Connecting to in-world Voice Chat...
[10:40] Connected
[10:40] Richardus Raymaker: i dont see it much
[10:40] Nebadon Izumi: its usually driver related
[10:40] Nebadon Izumi: when thats happening
[10:40] Charles Krinke: I do have a question: "What is the largest single frustration we have working together that better communication would solve?"
[10:40] Snoopy Pfeffer: hm that pic was taken on another computer than mine and I also saw it
[10:41] Nebadon Izumi: ya your avatar bake failed
[10:41] Nebadon Izumi: basiclly
[10:41] Kitto Flora: Dynamics? :)
[10:41] Nebadon Izumi: everyone will see it that way
[10:41] Fly Man: Charles, I would say: Knowing who's working on what
[10:41] Nebadon Izumi: your video card bakes the avatar
[10:41] Teravus Ousley: need more math
[10:41] Nebadon Izumi: video card drivers can screw it up
[10:41] Teravus Ousley: :)
[10:41] Nebadon Izumi: and it will effect everyone
[10:41] Nebadon Izumi: not just you
[10:42] Snoopy Pfeffer: more math = fixing the link set rotation bug? hehe
[10:42] Kitto Flora: Yes - current info on whats going on where is a bit sparse
[10:42] Fly Man: Ai ?
[10:42] Charles Krinke: good point, Fly-Man. That begs the next question of how we could solve that without getting more frustrated.
[10:42] Fly Man: Hmm, did I hear a ladies voice ...
[10:42] Snoopy Pfeffer: lol
[10:42] Fly Man: Charles, I would say "Wiki"
[10:43] Charles Krinke: earphone fine, not microphone <arrgh>
[10:43] Charles Krinke: I feel depaved.
[10:43] Michael Skelito: sat on my mic
[10:43] Fly Man: Hahaha
[10:43] Richardus Raymaker: i need to test my voice later. with someone alone. it seems i have input
[10:44] M1sha Dallin: ouch
[10:44] Michael Skelito: yes
[10:44] Fly Man: Ricahrd, you can test on any of the Plaza's
[10:44] Nebadon Izumi: try disable voice
[10:44] Nebadon Izumi: then renable
[10:44] Nebadon Izumi: that might fix it
[10:44] BlueWall Slade: at least you don't sound like a chipmonk
[10:44] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[10:44] Simulator Version v0.5 shouts: OpenSimulator Server (OS Fedora release 9 (Sulphur) Kernel \r on an \m) ChilTasks:True PhysPrim:True
[10:44] Charles Krinke: For the developers, Fly-Man mentions more wiki describing what folks are working on would help cut down some frustration
[10:44] Richardus Raymaker: yes. but not if 10 others are talking
[10:44] Nebadon Izumi: yea i think we can improve the voice instructions
[10:44] Nebadon Izumi: for sure
[10:44] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[10:45] Nebadon Izumi: it is really easy though, just needs to be layed out in a better way
[10:45] Charles Krinke: arrh, tough enough with a chat log without getting into voice logs
[10:45] Fly Man: We could have a page that says:
[10:45] Nebadon Izumi: i over complicated it assuming things
[10:45] Fly Man: "Working on
[10:45] Nebadon Izumi: i thought were missing
[10:45] Tomm Remedy: the problem is, it's not just the core devs who are working on stuff, and there's no way you're going to be able to get all the contributors updating their status
[10:45] Snoopy Pfeffer: do you restart the voice service manually at the moment if it crashes, including all region servers using it?
[10:45] Nebadon Izumi: going on wild goose chase so to speak
[10:45] Fly Man: and the the developer can put his name there with what's he working on
[10:46] Fly Man: yeah, I thought I heard Snoopy
[10:46] Snoopy Pfeffer: no mic heeh
[10:46] Fly Man: that Ai :D
[10:46] Snoopy Pfeffer: next time :)
[10:46] Snoopy Pfeffer: but I hear you
[10:46] Michael Skelito: that was bluewall
[10:46] Teravus Ousley: ok.. no.. Generally I just kick freeswitch if it dies
[10:46] Snoopy Pfeffer: maybe on myland :)
[10:46] Teravus Ousley: though.. It hasn't for me yet
[10:46] Snoopy Pfeffer: voice still has a service management issue
[10:47] Charles Krinke: Ok, for the testers: "What are the things testers need from developers they are not getting?"
[10:47] Snoopy Pfeffer: the servers cannot be restarted independently
[10:47] Teravus Ousley: An updated Simulator should be able to allow freeswitch to start up without crashing :)
[10:47] Snoopy Pfeffer: yes Teravus
[10:47] Kitto Flora: Um ... what new things might work?
[10:47] tx Oh: feedback
[10:47] Nebadon Izumi: i think if you add an entry for each region
[10:47] Fly Man: K
[10:47] Nebadon Izumi: in the xmlrpc conf ini for freeswitch
[10:47] Fly Man: In the last week we added:
[10:47] Nebadon Izumi: then you can restart each indepentadlyt
[10:47] Fly Man: * Groups support
[10:48] Fly Man: * Voice support
[10:48] Snoopy Pfeffer: but the region server in the freeswitch config file has to restart after freeswitch
[10:48] Nebadon Izumi: its only if you just add 1 region
[10:48] Fly Man: * Updates to the website
[10:48] Nebadon Izumi: that they all become dependant on that region
[10:48] Nebadon Izumi: like we found out today
[10:48] Richardus Raymaker: are there more instructions somewhewre to get groups working. it seems you need flkotsam ?
[10:48] Nebadon Izumi: i had crashed out sandbox plaza
[10:48] Snoopy Pfeffer: it even is not allowed to run
[10:48] Nebadon Izumi: and voice stopped working here
[10:48] Fly Man: and some small bugfixes on the regions like redoing the Freebie
[10:48] Richardus Raymaker: Linked prims still seems a dangerous busniss.
[10:48] Nebadon Izumi: it is
[10:48] Nebadon Izumi: but earlier it wasnt
[10:49] Nebadon Izumi: yea one thing we are missing
[10:49] Nebadon Izumi: that SL voice has
[10:49] Nebadon Izumi: is the ability to adjust just 1 persons volume
[10:49] Snoopy Pfeffer: yes
[10:49] Nebadon Izumi: which is sorta nice
[10:49] Snoopy Pfeffer: and you cannot see the list of all speakers
[10:49] Fly Man: That's what will be done once we get the hang of Freeswitch
[10:49] Snoopy Pfeffer: and it is not 2d voice
[10:49] Snoopy Pfeffer: 3d
[10:50] Nebadon Izumi: ya its very early on
[10:50] Nebadon Izumi: amazing it works this good
[10:50] Kitto Flora: Bigger problem is that clients seems to have no AGC on the mic input.
[10:50] Nebadon Izumi: for such a short time
[10:50] Snoopy Pfeffer: the vivox module will provide that
[10:50] Fly Man: Yupz
[10:50] Snoopy Pfeffer: but vivox wants to earn money :)
[10:50] Snoopy Pfeffer: I do lol
[10:50] Snoopy Pfeffer: I will chat with him tomorrow in rl
[10:50] Teravus Ousley: must poke Dr. Scofld :)
[10:51] Richardus Raymaker: i just dumped the whole acc. i use the line-in for everything conencted to mixer
[10:51] Michael Skelito: yes
[10:51] Snoopy Pfeffer: so any things I should discuss with him? :)
[10:51] Kitto Flora hears
[10:51] BlueWall Slade: Hi Charles
[10:51] Nebadon Izumi: nice
[10:51] Nebadon Izumi: hhehe
[10:51] BlueWall Slade: hehe
[10:51] Starky Rubble: hehe indeed
[10:52] Snoopy Pfeffer: I like British hehe
[10:52] Kitto Flora: Pompy?
[10:52] Snoopy Pfeffer: lol
[10:53] Richardus Raymaker: i see only myself in voice chat list
[10:53] Nebadon Izumi: well everyone should respond on the log
[10:53] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[10:53] Snoopy Pfeffer: Rich, just you can see yourself
[10:53] Nebadon Izumi: well i think its working
[10:53] Bri Hasp is Online
[10:53] Nebadon Izumi: we are making great progress
[10:53] Richardus Raymaker: ok..
[10:53] Snoopy Pfeffer: and you just see the voice dot above your head
[10:53] Charles Krinke: Ok, I get the impression that stability and performance is increasing and am very optimistic.
[10:53] Starky Rubble: I think the questions that Charles asks at these meetings make a lot of sense
[10:53] Maria Korolov is Online
[10:53] BlueWall Slade: normal??
[10:54] Starky Rubble: The meeting seems to have moved to voice lol
[10:54] Richardus Raymaker: I think the futere a seperate voice server works better
[10:55] Nebadon Izumi: yea we talked about moving to Zaius
[10:55] Charles Krinke: Does anyone mind that I am speaking on voice a little bit ight nw?
[10:56] Key Gruin: is there a way to see which avatar a voice is coming from?
[10:56] Nebadon Izumi: not yet Key
[10:56] Teravus Ousley: not currently, Key Gruin
[10:56] Snoopy Pfeffer: Key, not yet
[10:56] Nebadon Izumi: but that was fly-man- speaking
[10:56] Key Gruin: ok
[10:56] Michael Skelito: hmmm with welcome center maybe wright should be meeting area
[10:56] Snoopy Pfeffer: only with the vivox module :)
[10:56] Starky Rubble: The changed meeting place for Q&A needs to be widely announced
[10:56] Snoopy Pfeffer: yes
[10:57] Snoopy Pfeffer: it's better than in sl :)
[10:57] Richardus Raymaker: is tehre tonight a downloadable 9332 on the osgrid page tonight ? (for someone else)
[10:57] Kitto Flora: Voice quality is generally good for me
[10:57] Michael Skelito: everyone things meetings = wright plaza
[10:57] Connecting to in-world Voice Chat...
[10:57] Connected
[10:57] Kitto Flora: A couple are a bit loud - near overlaod
[10:57] Snoopy Pfeffer: hehe
[10:57] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[10:57] Richardus Raymaker: some hit almost my clip
[10:57] Fly Man: 330
[10:58] Fly Man: 30
[10:58] Kitto Flora: Yes
[10:58] Michael Skelito: yes
[10:58] Michael Skelito: lol
[10:58] Nebadon Izumi: i think i had my level to high
[10:58] Nebadon Izumi: yea
[10:58] Nebadon Izumi: Chipmonk extreme
[10:58] Nebadon Izumi: more like Umpa Lumpa
[10:58] Snoopy Pfeffer: voice volume normalization and echo reduction are much better with freeswitch than with vivox
[10:58] Bri Hasp is Offline
[10:59] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[10:59] BlueWall Slade: lol
[10:59] Michael Skelito: sounds like a girls to
[10:59] Maria Korolov: all the voices sounded fine to me. all male speakers, right?
[10:59] Key Gruin: he's sucking helium
[10:59] Justin Clark-Casey: so far, I think
[10:59] Nebadon Izumi: possibly mixer
[10:59] BlueWall Slade: I have 2 sound cards
[10:59] Snoopy Pfeffer: lol
[10:59] Kitto Flora: Is he running MorphVOX?
[10:59] Nebadon Izumi: could be the KHz rate
[10:59] Kitto Flora: Its a voice changer
[10:59] BlueWall Slade: I use jack to run one of them
[10:59] Kitto Flora: made by ScreamingBee
[10:59] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[10:59] Snoopy Pfeffer: lol
[11:00] Nebadon Izumi: i was piping in music to teravus's sim the other day
[11:00] BlueWall Slade: I was running jack on the current adapert
[11:00] BlueWall Slade: and I think it changed the rate
[11:00] Charles Krinke: Ok, I declare the official part of the meeting over. Looks like folks wish to test some voice concepts. Feel free to bring up anything that anyone wishes.
[11:00] Nebadon Izumi: ya its probably like 8bit or something
[11:00] Nebadon Izumi: or it could be too high
[11:01] Nebadon Izumi: perhaps 24 or 32 bit
[11:01] Justin Clark-Casey: sorry voice is quite exciting, but that does exclude the non-voice peopel
[11:01] BlueWall Slade: I will reboot the system
[11:01] BlueWall Slade: brb
[11:01] Nebadon Izumi: heh wow we hit almost 1.8mb on the net
[11:01] Nebadon Izumi: seems to averaging around 1mb
[11:01] Nebadon Izumi: for this meeting
[11:01] BlueWall Slade is Offline
[11:01] Snoopy Pfeffer: we should even use stereo voice or even better 4 channel voice!
[11:01] Nebadon Izumi: thats voice and sim
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: ya it sounds like somwhere its being converted improperly
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: for bluewall
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: look at the chats
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: stats
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: the stats board
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: behind us
[11:02] Kitto Flora: Well all people dont talk all the time
[11:02] Snoopy Pfeffer: yes one voice server can provide voice for many regions
[11:02] Kitto Flora: If several start playing music on the voice change
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: yes
[11:02] Richardus Raymaker: what is skype useing ?
[11:03] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[11:03] Kitto Flora: then the bitrae will be very high
[11:03] Kitto Flora: And you ALL mix :)
[11:03] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[11:03] Key Gruin: LOL
[11:03] Kitto Flora: Welcome to Babel!
[11:03] Charles Krinke: You win
[11:03] Nebadon Izumi: i think i had a nightmare like that once
[11:03] Teravus Ousley: :)
[11:04] Nebadon Izumi: yea its actually over 2 years now
[11:04] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[11:04] Kitto Flora: Crazy
[11:05] Kitto Flora: do it in assembler :}
[11:05] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[11:05] BlueWall Slade is Online
[11:06] Charles Krinke: say list
[11:06] Nebadon Izumi: say list
[11:06] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Visitor List:
[11:06] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Starky Rubble
[11:06] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Fly Man
[11:06] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: M1sha Dallin
[11:06] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Richardus Raymaker
[11:06] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Maria Korolov
[11:06] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Michael Skelito
[11:06] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Justin Clark-Casey
[11:06] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Tomm Remedy
[11:06] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Static Sprocket
[11:06] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: BlueWall Slade
[11:06] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Snoopy Pfeffer
[11:06] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Charles Krinke
[11:06] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: t an
[11:06] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Kitto Flora
[11:06] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Ideia Boa
[11:06] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Rasmus ht
[11:06] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Key Gruin
[11:06] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Teravus Ousley
[11:06] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: tx Oh
[11:06] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Dimitri Darras
[11:06] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: eekee x
[11:06] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Oren Enzo
[11:06] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Robert Graf
[11:06] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Total = 23
[11:06] Starky Rubble: WB Bluewall
[11:06] BlueWall Slade: tnx
[11:06] Charles Krinke: hah
[11:06] Nebadon Izumi: it only responds to me this version
[11:07] Charles Krinke: just checkign
[11:07] Key Gruin: /list
[11:07] Nebadon Izumi: yea that would be great
[11:07] Michael Skelito: welcome center will help that
[11:08] Tomm Remedy: like PHP PECL?
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: yea that would be cool
[11:08] BlueWall Slade: ++
[11:09] Nebadon Izumi: yea
[11:09] Starky Rubble: right
[11:09] Nebadon Izumi: forge would be a repo almost
[11:12] Charles Krinke: I need to go back to pretending I am working as I am in the office, but this has been a great meeting, even though we have overdosed on voice.
[11:12] Snoopy Pfeffer: good idea
[11:12] Nebadon Izumi: ok Charles
[11:12] Snoopy Pfeffer: bye Charles
[11:12] Snoopy Pfeffer: :)
[11:12] Maria Korolov: :-)
[11:12] Teravus Ousley: ok, take care then. Good luck
[11:12] Nebadon Izumi: great meeting, thanks for coming and testing voice
[11:12] Nebadon Izumi: hehe later man
[11:12] Nebadon Izumi: talk in a bit
[11:12] Snoopy Pfeffer: hehe pretend? ;)
[11:12] BlueWall Slade: see ya Charles :) G'Bye
[11:12] Charles Krinke is Offline
[11:13] Snoopy Pfeffer: me half lol
[11:13] Kitto Flora is listening
[11:13] BlueWall Slade: lol
[11:13] BlueWall Slade: lol
[11:13] Snoopy Pfeffer: we should use voice
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: heheh
[11:14] Richardus Raymaker is Online
[11:14] Snoopy Pfeffer: better coffee than whiskey lol
[11:14] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[11:15] Snoopy Pfeffer: :)
[11:15] tx Oh: :-)
[11:15] Richardus Raymaker: hope you liked the wheater here.
[11:15] Nebadon Izumi: amazing part too
[11:15] Nebadon Izumi: the Wright Plaza console shows 895mb
[11:15] Snoopy Pfeffer: the discussions are much more focused
[11:15] Nebadon Izumi: for show stats
[11:15] Snoopy Pfeffer: hehe
[11:15] Snoopy Pfeffer: not today :)
[11:15] Nebadon Izumi: we still have 1gb free ram on this box
[11:16] Kitto Flora: Not many agents though
[11:16] Snoopy Pfeffer: freeswitch uses just 25 MB on my server
[11:16] Starky Rubble: Nebadon, did they spike when everyone spoke at the same time?
[11:16] Nebadon Izumi: its on the stats box behind us
[11:16] Snoopy Pfeffer: cool
[11:17] Starky Rubble: oh good! There's the magic cube!
[11:17] Nebadon Izumi: feeels smooth too
[11:17] Nebadon Izumi: k
[11:17] Nebadon Izumi: ya actually
[11:17] Nebadon Izumi: i could make a UGAIM panel too
[11:18] Nebadon Izumi: i will do that
[11:18] Richardus Raymaker: is there already some free working boat ?
[11:18] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[11:18] Nebadon Izumi: that would be great
[11:19] Nebadon Izumi: well Ip's
[11:19] Nebadon Izumi: some IP's might have 10 servers
[11:19] Nebadon Izumi: we dont know exactly
[11:19] Richardus Raymaker: i have 11 on 1 ip
[11:20] Tomm Remedy: i have one on 16 IP's.. go figure :P
[11:20] Starky Rubble: One person has 81 on 1 server and then there's Dan
[11:21] Snoopy Pfeffer: can we also have grid wide traffic statistics?
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: i dont think so
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: let me get update
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: hang on
[11:21] Snoopy Pfeffer: per region?
[11:21] BlueWall Slade: that would have to be another call, as the /simstatusx/ is via the simulator
[11:22] tx Oh: i just made a munin plugin to see cpu and mem stats for the mono process
[11:23] Richardus Raymaker: nice tx
[11:23] Michelle Argus is Online
[11:23] BlueWall Slade: will websats handle multi-region sims ?
[11:23] Tomm Remedy: is that working on all OS's tx?
[11:23] Nebadon Izumi: not really no
[11:23] Nebadon Izumi: it kind merges it i think
[11:23] tx Oh: using
[11:24] BlueWall Slade: we will make it another REST call
[11:24] tx Oh: na, it's more for unix flavors
[11:24] Tomm Remedy: meh
[11:25] tx Oh:
[11:26] Starky Rubble: I haven't been able to read all the graphs txt yet... which one is bandwidth?
[11:26] BlueWall Slade: smtp?
[11:26] Richardus Raymaker: you mean SNMP
[11:26] tx Oh: nope..
[11:26] BlueWall Slade: lol, yes
[11:27] tx Oh: neither, plain and simple plugin
[11:27] Snoopy Pfeffer: the resolution of the graphs is low
[11:27] Snoopy Pfeffer: I also cannot read the texts
[11:27] Justin Clark-Casey: resolution appears okay for me
[11:27] Michelle Argus is Online
[11:27] Starky Rubble: For me, they are refreshing before the text resolves
[11:27] Snoopy Pfeffer: really Justin? hm
[11:28] Justin Clark-Casey: hmm, we're talking about the 8 graphs in front of us?
[11:28] Snoopy Pfeffer: oh yes finally
[11:28] Starky Rubble: yes
[11:28] Snoopy Pfeffer: :)
[11:28] Snoopy Pfeffer: yes
[11:28] Snoopy Pfeffer: now I just got better
[11:28] BlueWall Slade: we can match a list of uuid against the regions table
[11:28] Starky Rubble: CPU resolves fine but the two below it I cant'haven't read
[11:29] Nebadon Izumi: ya we can always force cut offs too
[11:29] tx Oh: this graph things brings me back to a question i raised before:
[11:29] Richardus Raymaker: 6000 ? whoops
[11:29] tx Oh: there is this nice osConsoleCommand, wouldn't it be a good feature to get the output of it back into inworld as the return value?
[11:29] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[11:29] Snoopy Pfeffer: good idea Tx
[11:30] Starky Rubble: oh! Bottom left lol
[11:30] Richardus Raymaker: 6000 <_> 9332 i think you can never teleport to it or from it
[11:30] Michelle Argus is Offline
[11:31] Primitive: You are not the owner of this vehicle ...
[11:31] Tomm Remedy: I'm going to make a point of hooking up some r5000 regions now
[11:31] Nebadon Izumi: well the problem is
[11:31] Nebadon Izumi: people may not know they are leavin tthe grid
[11:31] Nebadon Izumi: they may think they are still on osgrid
[11:31] Snoopy Pfeffer: true
[11:32] BlueWall Slade: having some key data about a region will help us to troubleshoot issues
[11:32] Richardus Raymaker: yes, and then the balme osgrid
[11:32] Richardus Raymaker: blame
[11:32] Snoopy Pfeffer: and this way security might be a problem
[11:32] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[11:33] Nebadon Izumi: heheh
[11:33] Nebadon Izumi: yes
[11:33] BlueWall Slade: lol
[11:33] Nebadon Izumi: but we always test it
[11:33] Nebadon Izumi: before releasing
[11:33] Snoopy Pfeffer: hehe
[11:34] Nebadon Izumi: it can effect neighbors
[11:34] Michelle Argus is Online
[11:35] Snoopy Pfeffer: yes true
[11:35] Tomm Remedy: then it is the neighbour's fault
[11:35] Tomm Remedy: for accepting the dodgy data
[11:35] Snoopy Pfeffer: it can cause that previously stable versions become unstable
[11:35] Snoopy Pfeffer: if neighbors or the grid use "incompatible" versions
[11:35] Nebadon Izumi: yea it wouldnt be something we change often either justin
[11:36] Nebadon Izumi: it would only be something we change
[11:36] Nebadon Izumi: when things start melting down
[11:36] Starky Rubble: right
[11:36] Nebadon Izumi: when we get wide scale complaints
[11:36] Starky Rubble: a worst case reaction
[11:36] Nebadon Izumi: then we can enforce a cut off
[11:36] Snoopy Pfeffer: yes - sl solves that with rolling restart waves going through the grid
[11:36] Starky Rubble: the opposite of a relwase version would be banned
[11:36] Snoopy Pfeffer: we cannot force updates like this
[11:37] Nebadon Izumi: ive had alot of times
[11:37] Nebadon Izumi: with old region neighbors
[11:37] Snoopy Pfeffer: then the viewer crashes
[11:37] Nebadon Izumi: where if you even just get close to the sim
[11:37] Nebadon Izumi: it can effect you
[11:37] Nebadon Izumi: yes
[11:37] Richardus Raymaker: rolling retsarts YUCK !
[11:37] Nebadon Izumi: but thats not a wide scale issue
[11:37] Nebadon Izumi: we are talking about for wide scale issues really
[11:38] Nebadon Izumi: yea well 1st we'll be studying the data
[11:38] Nebadon Izumi: really
[11:38] Michelle Argus is Offline
[11:39] Nebadon Izumi: ya you know what we might be able to do
[11:39] Snoopy Pfeffer: yes after 1.0 it should use version numbering like this
[11:39] Nebadon Izumi: is use these stats
[11:39] Nebadon Izumi: and provide a report for people with the versions their neighbors are running
[11:39] Nebadon Izumi: like they log into to the website and it lists their regions
[11:39] Nebadon Izumi: and you can inspet each region and neighbors
[11:39] Nebadon Izumi: see what verision they are running
[11:40] tx Oh: gtg
[11:40] Snoopy Pfeffer: bye Tx
[11:40] tx Oh: ahoi
[11:40] Nebadon Izumi: lol Tomm, your group
[11:40] BlueWall Slade: arround that
[11:40] Tomm Remedy P
[11:40] Nebadon Izumi: yes
[11:40] Nebadon Izumi: you do
[11:41] Snoopy Pfeffer: regions could check the version numbers of the grid and their neighbors for compatibility
[11:41] BlueWall Slade:
[11:41] Justin Clark-Casey: test
[11:42] BlueWall Slade: ++
[11:42] Michelle Argus is Online
[11:42] Richardus Raymaker: You can now see also what version you neigborn run in estate settings
[11:42] BlueWall Slade: it displays the console RT
[11:42] Snoopy Pfeffer: thy Blue
[11:42] Snoopy Pfeffer: thx*
[11:42] Snoopy Pfeffer: informations required to ensure a high service quality should be disclosed always
[11:43] Starky Rubble: Snoopy: Thats true
[11:43] Tomm Remedy: I think this is a big reason why there needs to be some statistics reported to the grid server as a matter of protocol. Scanning each sim and crawling their webstats is a backwards way of doing things
[11:43] Richardus Raymaker: do you have more info how to do that bluewall ?
[11:44] Richardus Raymaker: yes
[11:44] BlueWall Slade: we can look at adding another REST call to give necessary items to be able query the regions table in the database
[11:44] Snoopy Pfeffer: search should also be able to use traffic statistics
[11:44] BlueWall Slade: we need to collect minimal information as possible
[11:44] Simulator Version v0.5 shouts: OpenSimulator Server (OS Fedora release 9 (Sulphur) Kernel \r on an \m) ChilTasks:True PhysPrim:True
[11:44] Michelle Argus is Online
[11:45] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[11:45] Nebadon Izumi: this is not a production grid
[11:45] Nebadon Izumi: or a safe grid
[11:45] Nebadon Izumi: start your own grid
[11:45] Nebadon Izumi: if you want that
[11:45] Snoopy Pfeffer: yes otherwise ppl should anyway run their own grid
[11:45] Nebadon Izumi: is my answer
[11:45] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[11:45] Nebadon Izumi: were working towards making it safe though
[11:45] Nebadon Izumi: its just not there yet
[11:46] Nebadon Izumi: i mean i can go to any sim anywhere on any grid
[11:46] Starky Rubble: There is a minimal info tradeoff with any kind of handshaking
[11:46] Nebadon Izumi: and get the version
[11:46] Nebadon Izumi: its easy
[11:46] Maria Korolov: gotta go rl calls... ttyl guys...
[11:46] Snoopy Pfeffer: bye Maria
[11:46] Maria Korolov is Offline
[11:46] Starky Rubble: bye
[11:46] BlueWall Slade: Bye Maria
[11:46] Richardus Raymaker: bye maria
[11:46] BlueWall Slade: good idea ++
[11:48] Snoopy Pfeffer: here an ugly topic: what about countries with the obligation to provide legal interception functionality? hehe
[11:48] Snoopy Pfeffer: bye Justin
[11:48] BlueWall Slade: Thanks Justin
[11:49] Richardus Raymaker: bye justin
[11:49] Justin Clark-Casey: bye guys, and unfortunate mutes :)
[11:49] Snoopy Pfeffer: bye
[11:49] Justin Clark-Casey is Offline
[11:50] Snoopy Pfeffer: I think there even needs to be the possibility to log the previous ip addresses of regions
[11:51] BlueWall Slade: jsonp ?
[11:52] Snoopy Pfeffer: such info can be transmitted in a save way, such that only the grid can get this info
[11:52] Richardus Raymaker: ill where thinking about that to. only whats a safe way ?
[11:52] Snoopy Pfeffer: using asynchronous encryption
[11:53] Richardus Raymaker: but you cannot put any ket or so in the source. then it crackable
[11:53] Snoopy Pfeffer: strong authentication will be a main security topic
[11:53] Teravus Ousley: In other words.. Region Connects to Grid server.. calls SimStatus.. Simstats returns OK. The gridserver asks the region for the secret stats URL. the sim gives it.. the gridserver knows the address of the stats url that's secret.
[11:54] Snoopy Pfeffer: only the public keys need to be available for all regions and the grid
[11:54] Tomm Remedy: but why is the secrets stats URL needed? the region knows the IP of the gridserver, so it could just automatically expose that info to requests from that IP
[11:54] Richardus Raymaker: hmm, ok its far thinking. and sniffers ? then you have the adres
[11:54] Teravus Ousley: It's so it can be pulled from the grid server
[11:55] Teravus Ousley: the stats aggregation app is on the gridserver, right, Flyman?
[11:55] Snoopy Pfeffer: well 1.0 will (hopefully) we used widely
[11:55] Teravus Ousley: it isn't push, it's pull.
[11:55] Snoopy Pfeffer: security problems could damage the repotation quickly
[11:55] Richardus Raymaker: at least use some random authication. if you restart opensim
[11:55] Snoopy Pfeffer: reputation*
[11:56] Teravus Ousley: {"TotlFt":5.33333349227905,"Version":"OpenSimulator Server ","ImgsFt":4.0,"PhyFPS":45.5503883361816,"Dilatn":1.0,"InventoryServiceRetrievalFailures":0.0,"abnormalClientThreadTerminations":11.0,"BlockedMissingTextureRequests":0.0,"PktOut":0.333333343267441,"AssetsInCache":1049.0,"TimeAfterCacheMiss":0.108,"PendDl":0.0,"AgntFt":0.0,"AtvPrm":0.0,"UnackB":839711104.0,"RootAg":1.0,"PktsIn":1.0,"SimFPS":53.3333320617676,"NetFt":0.0,"AssetServiceRequestFailures":1.0,"Uptime":"2.06:30:03.0632620","Prims":860.0,"AtvScr":152.0,"OthrFt":0.0,"PhysFt":0.0,"Memory":"405","ScrLPS":0.0,"PendUl":0.0,"ChldAg":0.0,"AgntUp":0.0}
[11:56] Fly Man: yes
[11:56] Kitto Flora: I think you really do need to secure the comms between all the sims and the grid server - People will not trust OpenSim with high-value products until it is known to be secure
[11:56] Teravus Ousley: that's what it currently returns. :)
[11:56] Fly Man: that's what's being send
[11:56] Teravus Ousley: that's quite a LOT of information on a public address
[11:56] Teravus Ousley:
[11:57] Richardus Raymaker: not shocking information
[11:57] Snoopy Pfeffer: true there are more issues that need to be solved in parallel
[11:57] Snoopy Pfeffer: access right stuff
[11:57] Teravus Ousley: Memory":"405 <--- hmm.. gee let me think.. how can I overload it's memory?
[11:57] Snoopy Pfeffer: :)
[11:57] Snoopy Pfeffer: lol
[11:57] Teravus Ousley: .. with that.. I can see how well I'm doing.
[11:57] Snoopy Pfeffer: which mono version is used here?
[11:57] Snoopy Pfeffer: 2.6 already?
[11:57] Kitto Flora: Are you aware how SL attains its comms security?
[11:57] Connecting to in-world Voice Chat...
[11:57] Connected
[11:58] Tomm Remedy: Please don't lose the *option* to expose that information freely to people who wish to, though.
[11:58] Snoopy Pfeffer: not me :)
[11:58] Tomm Remedy: and kitto, internally SL has no security AT ALL other than establishing a trusted circuit. But the internal comms are not publicly exposed
[11:59] Snoopy Pfeffer: ok need to go
[11:59] Tomm Remedy: seeya snoops
[11:59] Fly Man: But I think this is definitly something that we should put on the agenda for a development meeting
[11:59] Kitto Flora: Tomm: Yes - thats the key. All SL region servers have TWO network cars - one is the public port we all see. The other is for inter-sim and sim-assetserver coms etc. And is entirely private
[11:59] Snoopy Pfeffer: next time I will have my headset ready :)
[11:59] Teravus Ousley: Nebadon.. apparently.. Teravus Plaza smells according to Tomm Remedy.. maybe we need to fill it with fragrant flowers?
[11:59] BlueWall Slade: bye Snoopy
[12:00] Kitto Flora: Thats an easy solution for LL
[12:00] Richardus Raymaker: bye snoopy
[12:00] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[12:00] Snoopy Pfeffer: what about using voice in the future
[12:00] Teravus Ousley: take care Snoopy :)
[12:00] Tomm Remedy: hahah
[12:00] Kitto Flora: But for OpenGrid - one needs to fake the secure comms on the public network
[12:00] Snoopy Pfeffer: we can also record what is spoken
[12:00] Snoopy Pfeffer: freeswitch has such a feature
[12:00] Snoopy Pfeffer: see you all :)
[12:00] Teravus Ousley: yes.. it's one of the conference functions on the console
[12:00] Fly Man: *waves to snoopy*
[12:01] Teravus Ousley: type 'help'
[12:01] Teravus Ousley: and scroll up :)
[12:01] Snoopy Pfeffer: yes it is Teravus
[12:01] Snoopy Pfeffer: :)
[12:01] Nebadon Izumi: ya everyone needs to remember were still a bit off from secure environmnet but that it definatly is a goal
[12:01] Snoopy Pfeffer: we should try that feature next time
[12:01] Snoopy Pfeffer: bye all :)
[12:01] Teravus Ousley: bye :)
[12:01] BlueWall Slade: g'bye
[12:01] Tomm Remedy: I would prefer to see the software hardened as a priority before we implement encrypted comms.
[12:01] Nebadon Izumi: really awesome meeting everyone
[12:01] Nebadon Izumi: bye far the best yet
[12:01] Nebadon Izumi: they just keep getting better
[12:02] Tomm Remedy: yes :)
[12:02] Richardus Raymaker: still same script teravus ? or already impoved
[12:02] Teravus Ousley: This is the same one I used last meeting.
[12:02] Teravus Ousley: it uses the LSL Vehicle methods.
[12:02] Richardus Raymaker: ok
[12:02] Fly Man: K, Nebadon
[12:02] Richardus Raymaker: still cool
[12:02] Fly Man: release Osgrid
[12:02] Teravus Ousley: .. but.. I expect it to change.. soon.. so I havn't given it out
[12:03] Fly Man: 9332 if i'm not mistaken ?
[12:03] Richardus Raymaker: thats what i now run 9332
[12:03] Fly Man: K
[12:04] Fly Man is off to finish the Stats module for Wiredux
[12:04] Fly Man: so all can see the different versions now
[12:04] Tomm Remedy: can i ask something first
[12:04] Tomm Remedy: does osgrid publish a "changelist" when it recommends a new revision?
[12:04] Tomm Remedy: i think it might play a big part in persuading people to upgrade...
[12:04] Fly Man: Tomm, not at this moment
[12:04] Fly Man: as we don't have those long releases
[12:05] Fly Man: Normally when we set Mantisses to releases, you would get a large list of changes
[12:05] Fly Man: but that's not implemented (yet)
[12:06] Fly Man: If you look at Jira, they set all bugs to a version
[12:06] Fly Man: then when there's a new version, you'll see a changelog appearing
[12:06] Tomm Remedy nods
[12:06] Tomm Remedy: i just say, if you want people to upgrade, tell them why :P
[12:07] Tomm Remedy: and m mm. chicken chow meins are nice.
[12:07] Richardus Raymaker: "Your version is to old and have many bug, upgrade to new version for better experience" :)
[12:07] Fly Man: Nah
[12:08] Fly Man: Your version didn't pass our filters, update ;)
[12:10] Disconnected from in-world Voice Chat

Personal tools
About This Wiki