Chat log from the meeting on 2009-04-14

From OpenSimulator

Jump to: navigation, search

Tuesday Meeting @ Wright Plaza on OSGrid

[09:39] Nebadon Izumi: hello
[09:39] Wordfromthe Wise: hello Nebadon
[09:39] Wordfromthe Wise: fine ty ..
[09:40] Nebadon Izumi: hows it going?
[09:40] Wordfromthe Wise: thought today is the dev meeting ..
[09:40] Wordfromthe Wise: am i the firts or did all other crashed ?
[09:40] Wordfromthe Wise: lol#
[09:40] Wordfromthe Wise: sorry .. was a joke
[09:40] Nebadon Izumi: no it starts in about 20 minutes
[09:40] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[09:40] Wordfromthe Wise: ah ok ..
[09:40] Wordfromthe Wise: DST
[09:40] Wordfromthe Wise: daylight saving
[09:40] Wordfromthe Wise: im from germany
[09:40] Wordfromthe Wise: munich
[09:40] Nebadon Izumi: nice
[09:41] Nebadon Izumi: ya we just changed last week to acoomidate the EU crowd a bit better
[09:41] Nebadon Izumi: since the time change
[09:41] Nebadon Izumi: why were back at 11am PST now
[09:41] Wordfromthe Wise: i read the logs or the developer list .. abut that ,.
[09:41] Nebadon Izumi: its confusing whenever the changes happen
[09:41] Nebadon Izumi: everything gets screwy for few weeks
[09:41] Wordfromthe Wise: it is highly appreciated
[09:41] Wordfromthe Wise: like your work for the OSGRID
[09:41] Nebadon Izumi: :) thanks
[09:42] Nebadon Izumi: i just redid the freebie garden last night
[09:42] Wordfromthe Wise: thats the least i could do ..
[09:42] Nebadon Izumi: organized everything nicely inside the building now
[09:42] Nebadon Izumi: not so messy and confusing
[09:42] Starky Rubble: Howdy
[09:42] Nebadon Izumi: hello Starky
[09:43] Wordfromthe Wise: i always come here and listen on tuesdays so i can inform the german community
[09:43] Wordfromthe Wise: about the latest tech talk
[09:43] Nebadon Izumi: nice :)
[09:44] Wordfromthe Wise: ill wait here if you dont mind .. hve to wait untill my sim comes back up ..
[09:44] Wordfromthe Wise: i have the problem that everyday the sim is empty ..
[09:44] Starky Rubble: wow the reboot sure cleans things up
[09:44] Wordfromthe Wise: full prim count but empty .. but thats another thing .. i filed a mantis on this ..
[09:45] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[09:45] Nebadon Izumi: thats a pretty well known issue
[09:45] Nebadon Izumi: no one really knows quite why still
[09:45] Nebadon Izumi: we know if the sim heartbeat is locking
[09:45] Nebadon Izumi: but not sure whats actually causing it
[09:46] Wordfromthe Wise: time will tell .. i provided as much info as i could .. somtimes it will vanishe .. and not so many people are affected ..
[09:46] Wordfromthe Wise: i asked about 50 people and only 3 or 5 had it
[09:46] Nebadon Izumi: ya if your sim is popular it will occur more
[09:46] Wordfromthe Wise: or have experienced it 'sometimes' ..
[09:47] Nebadon Izumi: its definatly related to visitor counts
[09:47] Wordfromthe Wise: i dont think so ...
[09:47] Wordfromthe Wise: as my sim is seldomly visited ..
[09:47] Nebadon Izumi: but theres probably multiple causes
[09:47] Nebadon Izumi: i think thats why its so hard to pin it down
[09:47] Wordfromthe Wise: ralf haifish and i have a visitor log server side and not to many are visiting the sim
[09:47] Nebadon Izumi: its more a result of locking of some kind
[09:48] Nebadon Izumi: could also be a script
[09:48] Nebadon Izumi: and various combinations of logins+scripts
[09:48] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[09:48] Nebadon Izumi: it will probably be sometime before that ones truly fixed
[09:48] Wordfromthe Wise: but the script engine is running as i remember from the tests .
[09:48] Wordfromthe Wise: its ok ,,
[09:49] Wordfromthe Wise: i restart the sim 3 times a day now
[09:49] Armitage Sakaroff: greetings .... my first office hours meeting
[09:49] Nebadon Izumi: hello Armitage
[09:49] Wordfromthe Wise: hello
[09:49] Armitage Sakaroff: hello and hello
[09:50] Starky Rubble: Hello
[09:50] Richardus Raymaker is Online
[09:50] Starky Rubble: Nebadon, What are jiffies?
[09:50] Armitage Sakaroff: so i brought my region up over a month ago ... had pretty good success with it, and it finally crashed the other day. i havent checked into what the current stable build is now
[09:50] Armitage Sakaroff: any pointers on that?
[09:51] Nebadon Izumi: i think something to do with caching maybe
[09:51] Starky Rubble: brand new one today I think - 9136
[09:51] Armitage Sakaroff: 9136 is known good?
[09:51] Nebadon Izumi: i just posted a new release on the website
[09:52] Nebadon Izumi: its been running ok here for last 12 or so hours
[09:52] Armitage Sakaroff: aight
[09:52] Nebadon Izumi: has some issues with mono 2.4
[09:52] Nebadon Izumi: i had to revert this server back to mono 2.0.1
[09:52] Nebadon Izumi: but it seems to be something related to this region only
[09:52] Wordfromthe Wise: v0.6.4.9136
[09:52] Nebadon Izumi: this region is harsh
[09:52] Strawberry Fride: I've had 9137 running very well here all day on my dev grid
[09:52] Armitage Sakaroff: k
[09:52] Richardus Raymaker: almost no lag ?!!
[09:52] Strawberry Fride: had 25 users logged in for over an hour
[09:52] Richardus Raymaker: hello
[09:52] Strawberry Fride: no jumping
[09:52] Nebadon Izumi: nice
[09:53] Strawberry Fride: not even the usual ruth dance of joy
[09:53] Armitage Sakaroff: yeah ive had lots of issues crossing regions with one of my neighbords
[09:53] Armitage Sakaroff: some work some dont
[09:53] ARADTech KoolKam: yup very nice rezzin :)
[09:53] Armitage Sakaroff: nice
[09:54] Nebadon Izumi: few more minutes we'll get rolling
[09:54] Nebadon Izumi: wait for some of the devs to show up
[09:54] Nebadon Izumi: see who comes
[09:56] Starky Rubble: What happened with your new box Neb?
[09:56] Nebadon Izumi: heh croaked
[09:56] Nebadon Izumi: motherboard died
[09:56] Nebadon Izumi: im waiting on UPS today with new machine
[09:56] Starky Rubble: arggh
[09:56] Nebadon Izumi: newegg refunded me my money
[09:56] Nebadon Izumi: and i ordered totally differnt parts
[09:56] Nebadon Izumi: way beefier
[09:56] Nebadon Izumi: Q9550
[09:56] Nebadon Izumi: 8gb ram
[09:57] Nebadon Izumi: Nvidia 250 512
[09:57] Justin Clark-Casey is Online
[09:57] Simulator Version v0.5 shouts: OpenSimulator Server (OS Fedora release 9 (Sulphur) Kernel \r on an \m) ChilTasks:True PhysPrim:False
[09:57] Nebadon Izumi: should be beastly
[09:57] Starky Rubble: from $700 to ??
[09:57] Nebadon Izumi: about 850
[09:57] Starky Rubble: heh
[09:57] Nebadon Izumi: still cheap as hell
[09:57] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[09:57] Justin Clark-Casey: Hello all
[09:58] Nebadon Izumi: hello sir
[09:58] Armitage Sakaroff: hey justin
[09:58] ARADTech KoolKam: Allo Justin :)
[09:58] Starky Rubble: howdy
[09:58] Justin Clark-Casey: wow, seems to be smoother than usual today
[09:58] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[09:58] Nebadon Izumi: running nice
[09:58] Nebadon Izumi: 9136
[09:58] Simulator Version v0.5 shouts: OpenSimulator Server (OS Fedora release 9 (Sulphur) Kernel \r on an \m) ChilTasks:True PhysPrim:False
[09:58] Nebadon Izumi: which btw i just made a new OSGrid release
[09:58] Nebadon Izumi: for 9136
[09:59] Nebadon Izumi: its on the website
[09:59] BlueWall Slade is Offline
[09:59] Justin Clark-Casey: ah ha, so incorporating that texture work
[09:59] eaglefx Binder: Evening All
[09:59] ARADTech KoolKam: awesome :)
[09:59] Richardus Raymaker: so the recommended is 9136 ?
[09:59] ARADTech KoolKam: Allo Eagle :)
[09:59] Justin Clark-Casey: supposed to use a lot less memory as well, be interesting to see what impact that has on our memory issues
[09:59] Nebadon Izumi: also take a peek at the new freebie garden here on Wright Plaza
[09:59] eaglefx Binder: Hey
[09:59] Nebadon Izumi: i spent about 4-5 hours last night redoing it
[09:59] Justin Clark-Casey: cool
[09:59] Richardus Raymaker: ok..
[09:59] Nebadon Izumi: organized everything
[09:59] Nebadon Izumi: tried to anyway
[09:59] Nebadon Izumi: still a little more work to do
[09:59] Nebadon Izumi: but its alot better
[10:00] Starky Rubble: ver6 nice
[10:00] Starky Rubble: very even
[10:00] BlueWall Slade is Online
[10:00] ARADTech KoolKam: hehe my hair is slowly slding off my head :)
[10:00] ARADTech KoolKam: Allo Maria :)
[10:00] Maria Korolov: hi Arad, hi everyone
[10:00] Starky Rubble: hi
[10:00] Nebadon Izumi: dont forget to detach it once after you adjust it
[10:00] Nebadon Izumi: or it will revert back
[10:00] Richardus Raymaker: looks good nebadon
[10:00] Nebadon Izumi: :) thanks
[10:01] Justin Clark-Casey: Hi Maria
[10:01] Nebadon Izumi: after like 3 hours i was like man im insane for doing this
[10:01] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[10:01] Nebadon Izumi: but i got it done
[10:01] Justin Clark-Casey: Ah, the labours of love
[10:01] Richardus Raymaker: hi kitto
[10:01] Kitto Flora: Hello
[10:01] ARADTech KoolKam: yeah I did that still happens :)
[10:02] Nebadon Izumi: not sure if charles can make it today
[10:02] Michelle Argus is Online
[10:02] eaglefx Binder: well he should be the word ruler maybe ;)
[10:02] eaglefx Binder: charles that is
[10:03] Nebadon Izumi: anyone have anything they wanted to talk about?
[10:03] Maria Korolov: yes
[10:03] ARADTech KoolKam: mmm how awesome opensim is coming along :)?
[10:03] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[10:03] Nebadon Izumi: feel free to just say your questions
[10:03] Maria Korolov: can i ask some questions?
[10:03] Maria Korolov: ok
[10:03] Nebadon Izumi: we'll do our best
[10:03] Maria Korolov: i want an airport
[10:03] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[10:03] Strawberry Fride: totally awesome - physics improvements seem to have really made a big difference
[10:03] Maria Korolov: like the one at Sunred Hyper
[10:03] Michelle Argus is Online
[10:03] Starky Rubble: ohoh the press is in the house lol
[10:03] eaglefx Binder: hehe
[10:03] Maria Korolov: with several big StarGates youcan take to other Grids
[10:04] Ralf Haifisch: lol
[10:04] Maria Korolov: nice and flashy
[10:04] ARADTech KoolKam: Rememdy Tomms texture patches have changed my life
[10:04] eaglefx Binder: well it is in the biginners state Maria still
[10:04] Wordfromthe Wise: hi ralf
[10:04] Nebadon Izumi: nice
[10:04] Ralf Haifisch: heho
[10:04] Nebadon Izumi: ya i have seen some vast improvements
[10:04] Maria Korolov: i'm not just press -- i also have a lot of business colleagues who want to check out OpenSim
[10:04] Maria Korolov: I want to how how easy it is to travel to other grids
[10:04] Richardus Raymaker: security arrived to,, hi bluewall
[10:04] eaglefx Binder: OpenSim Rocks the Future should be the new Motto ;)
[10:04] BlueWall Slade: Hi
[10:05] Maria Korolov: i made the trip to the Folk Cafe three times yesterday, once with the owner of a large community portal in Shanghai
[10:05] ARADTech KoolKam: Allo Bluewall :)
[10:05] Maria Korolov: it worked great, he was very impressed
[10:05] BlueWall Slade: Hello
[10:05] Ralf Haifisch: bluewall - next scripting in linux will be on our new site.. ;-)
[10:05] Maria Korolov: but it's a little tricky to have to go to SunRed Hyper first
[10:05] Armitage Sakaroff: I have some questions about scripting ...
[10:05] Justin Clark-Casey: Maria: Hypergrid is good, but it's still very experimental
[10:05] eaglefx Binder: we are doing alot of work on the HG Side, if anyone didnt know yet we made a HyperGrid Team, and wiki as well
[10:05] Kitto Flora: I have a question: Is anyone activly working on dynamics (physics) and objects (prims) ?
[10:05] Justin Clark-Casey: there's pretty much no security, for instance - and a certain number of these problems are architectural
[10:06] eaglefx Binder: alone with hypergrid gates web related ones e.t.c.
[10:06] Nebadon Izumi: Yes Kitto
[10:06] Maria Korolov: it may be experimental, but it worked great for me
[10:06] Nebadon Izumi: Tervaus is workin on a New engine
[10:06] Nebadon Izumi: Bulletdotnet
[10:06] Kitto Flora: I heard about Tevarus and BulletX
[10:06] Tiffany Sicling: Nibiru is an HG hub and learning center, still in construction
[10:06] Nebadon Izumi: my initial testing is good, though its still not yet a replacement for ODE
[10:06] Kitto Flora: Anyone working on ODE?
[10:06] Maria Korolov: i would also like to be able to have a link on my website that takes people directly to an opensim point without going through the Second Life landing page!
[10:06] Ralf Haifisch: bullet brought nice explosions last week... nayone does run it ?
[10:06] Nebadon Izumi: no traditionaly thats also Tervaus
[10:07] Ralf Haifisch: ok...
[10:07] Nebadon Izumi: i think we have probably hit some walls with ODE
[10:07] Maria Korolov: can someone copy their page and rebrand it open sim?
[10:07] Nebadon Izumi: that can be overcome with bullet
[10:07] Kitto Flora: What walls?
[10:07] Fly Man is Online
[10:07] Justin Clark-Casey: Teravus is pretty muich our own physics developer right now :)
[10:07] ARADTech KoolKam: I tested Bullet didnt blow up my machines :)
[10:07] Static Sprocket: I have tinkered with trying to get vehicle scripting with ODE, but I wouldn't call it active development
[10:07] Nebadon Izumi: well you would really need to speak to Teravus on why he chose to switch
[10:07] Nebadon Izumi: but bullet is more robust
[10:07] Nebadon Izumi: better support
[10:07] Strawberry Fride: I think Teravus's recent patches for ODE have been very good, but I love the new bullet engine
[10:07] Nebadon Izumi: ODE is not really supported
[10:07] Strawberry Fride: kicked a cube around for 20 mins
[10:07] Strawberry Fride: was wonderful
[10:07] Nebadon Izumi: Bullet is much newer younger crowd
[10:07] Kitto Flora: Static's efforts sound more interesting
[10:07] Strawberry Fride: just felt right
[10:07] Justin Clark-Casey: I think Teravus just wants the challenge - and the benefits to interfaces of getting things to work with another physics engine
[10:08] Starky Rubble: Are you using the SL viewer Maria?
[10:08] Justin Clark-Casey: It's not necessarily meant to be 'better'
[10:08] Maria Korolov: no, i am using hippo
[10:08] Nebadon Izumi: the Core ODE team is pretty much non existant
[10:08] Maria Korolov: and telling all my business contacts to use hippo
[10:08] Fly Man: Morning
[10:08] Nebadon Izumi: so i think ODE is kind of an on your own venture too
[10:08] Ralf Haifisch: hi fly
[10:08] Kitto Flora: So far it appears to me that ODE has what is necessary
[10:08] Tiffany Sicling: what's the advantages vs. disadvantages of boing to Bullet ?
[10:08] Tiffany Sicling: s/boing/going
[10:08] Starky Rubble: OK
[10:08] Nebadon Izumi: ya your best bet is to contact Teravus directly
[10:09] Nebadon Izumi: he can speak to you about both engines
[10:09] Nebadon Izumi: hes the master
[10:09] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[10:09] Maria Korolov: i don't mind hosting the landing page, if someone can tell me what the code is to launch hippo to a particular destination
[10:09] Nebadon Izumi: i doubt anyone knows more about it
[10:09] Fly Man: Did we already start with the meeting ?
[10:09] eaglefx Binder: yep
[10:09] Nebadon Izumi: ya were kind of just doing open forum today
[10:09] Nebadon Izumi: asking questions
[10:09] Starky Rubble: I think you are confalting things there maria
[10:09] Justin Clark-Casey: Have people tried the new texture code?
[10:09] ARADTech KoolKam: I have
[10:10] ARADTech KoolKam: its aweesome!
[10:10] Nebadon Izumi: i have not tested a new patch
[10:10] Ralf Haifisch: new texture code works well
[10:10] Nebadon Izumi: is it in SVN yet?
[10:10] ARADTech KoolKam: no
[10:10] Nebadon Izumi: or still just a mantis patch?
[10:10] Justin Clark-Casey: not yet
[10:10] Nebadon Izumi: ok
[10:10] ARADTech KoolKam: mantis
[10:10] ARADTech KoolKam: and well worth it
[10:10] Nebadon Izumi: i'll give it a go later on
[10:10] Nebadon Izumi: and comment
[10:10] Justin Clark-Casey: It looks liek there were some issues with missing assets?
[10:10] Kitto Flora: I was just testing new texture code patch on k-grid. Have problems with it
[10:10] Hiro Protagonist is Online
[10:10] ARADTech KoolKam: mccrotz hsa groups going too
[10:10] Justin Clark-Casey: really?
[10:10] Static Sprocket looks cross-eyed at mcortez
[10:10] Nebadon Izumi: ya i saw that
[10:11] Nebadon Izumi: very basic group stuff
[10:11] ARADTech KoolKam: yup its working :)
[10:11] Richardus Raymaker: if its not in svn i cannot try it
[10:11] BlueWall Slade: I wonder if the missing assets are scripts calling for textures that arent there - SI imports that didn't create the texture/uuid pair?
[10:11] Fly Man: Yes, Groups works
[10:11] Static Sprocket: Yes, very basic -- I've got general groups, but no messaging, notices or proposals -- and work has to be done in OpenSim core to support parcels and objects
[10:11] Fly Man has it on his grid
[10:11] Fly Man: and it works nicely
[10:11] Justin Clark-Casey: could be. I did see some fixes go in around the problem, so maybe it's resolved
[10:11] Nebadon Izumi: hello Hiro
[10:11] Hiro Protagonist: Hey y'all
[10:11] ARADTech KoolKam: Hello Hiro :)
[10:11] Hiro Protagonist: talk about timing LOL
[10:11] Justin Clark-Casey: Static: yes. Have you had any contact with whatever the DTL guys are doing. Have they started yet?
[10:12] Static Sprocket: currently uses an xmlrpc backend, that is implemented via php/mysql -- I have a public test server up that anyone can use while testing
[10:12] BlueWall Slade: Hi Hiro
[10:12] Justin Clark-Casey: Hey Hiro
[10:12] Tiffany Sicling: something between osMessageObject and osTeleportAgent has been causing segfaults and other errors but I don't know if that's been fixed yet
[10:12] Static Sprocket: Justin, no contact with anyone other then Melanie -- who has provided a little backend information about packet comms and such
[10:12] ARADTech KoolKam: Allo Warin :)
[10:12] Warin Cascabel: Howdy, all.
[10:13] eaglefx Binder: Hi Warin
[10:13] BlueWall Slade: Hi Warin
[10:13] Tiffany Sicling: Hello Warin
[10:13] Justin Clark-Casey: Static: I just am anxious not to see a clash where more than one person is doing the same work, could get messy
[10:13] eaglefx Binder: so wil that groupstuff get into svn?
[10:13] Nebadon Izumi: i would not expect groups in core svn anytime soon
[10:13] Fly Man: eagle, I don't think so at this moment
[10:13] Static Sprocket: I'm more then willing to be shouldered aside, but I was kind of tired of waiting, had the time and motivation -- so pushed forward
[10:13] Nebadon Izumi: it needs alot more testing
[10:14] Nebadon Izumi: and finishing off
[10:14] Justin Clark-Casey: well, traditionarlly we have put half working things in SVN and improved them as we go along
[10:14] Justin Clark-Casey: doing it the other way around would actually be quite odd, it seems to me
[10:14] Fly Man: Justin, true
[10:14] Nebadon Izumi: ya im not sure its even 1/2 working yet
[10:14] Starky Rubble: Heh
[10:14] eaglefx Binder: oki good initiative, but i guess it needs to be adopted..right by everyone
[10:14] Nebadon Izumi: thats probably a bold overstatement
[10:14] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[10:14] Fly Man: but let's start with a project on Gforge first ;)
[10:14] ARADTech KoolKam: wowo lots in here today :)
[10:15] Static Sprocket: I don't mind getting pushed aside by better funded projects later, and what I an my testers figure out can be used as research for other efforts
[10:15] Fly Man: Small update for all:
[10:15] Maria Korolov: Arad: people are coming to see history being made :-)
[10:15] Fly Man: Profile is near finishing up ...
[10:15] Justin Clark-Casey: Static: okay, if that's cool with you. I would also say that anything presented as a patch in our Mantis is also a good candidate for getting put in, no matter what state it is in
[10:15] ARADTech KoolKam: Yay Fly-MAn :)
[10:15] Justin Clark-Casey: providing it doesn't actively crash OpenSim, of course :)
[10:16] eaglefx Binder: yes new motto for open sim = "OpenSim Rocks the Future" ;-)
[10:16] Ralf Haifisch: can someone give me an idea ? i am playing with an device that integrates web with RL (computerless) - is there a good way to run a RSS feed from inworld ? so a prim-webserver ? i guess xmlrpc will not let me form atom or so, right ?
[10:16] Static Sprocket: Right now, flotsam is on gforge as a stub to my google project page. My groups implmenetation is part of my flotsam project -- the code is out in publically accessible SVN and testors can join the #osgroups channel on freenode
[10:16] Fly Man: Justin, it wouldn't crash OpenSim itself
[10:16] Fly Man: but it can be crashsome
[10:16] BlueWall Slade: I have something like the primwebsever on my radar
[10:16] Justin Clark-Casey: if things are crashsome, then in my experience there's a lot of motivation for people to improve it
[10:17] Justin Clark-Casey: and as it's in head, crashsome through use ain't a problem :)
[10:17] Starky Rubble: I would like to see it go in
[10:18] Fly Man would like to make sure he says this:
[10:18] Fly Man: "Let's first deliver a full release of OpenSim"
[10:18] Fly Man: then let's put in things ...
[10:18] Fly Man: As I wasn't done with my messages about Profile
[10:18] Starky Rubble: ah
[10:18] Fly Man: Profile, the Picks, Notes and Classifieds are almost done
[10:18] Fly Man: but after a full release (0.7)
[10:19] Tiffany Sicling: oh that reminds me, anyone have difficulty selling parcels to an individual ?
[10:19] Fly Man: I will try to break up everything else from Profile as well
[10:19] Fly Man: to get that all back in the module it was designed for
[10:19] ARADTech KoolKam: I've sold a couple wihtout problems
[10:19] Richardus Raymaker: long time i sold a parcel
[10:19] ARADTech KoolKam: other then me not knowing how to do it to start with :)
[10:19] Tiffany Sicling: works fine if selling to anybody
[10:19] Fly Man: That means the user server will only be handling users
[10:19] ARADTech KoolKam: I sold to specific
[10:19] Fly Man: and profiles will be in the outside
[10:19] ARADTech KoolKam: you cant use the calling cards
[10:19] Wordfromthe Wise thinks he sold several sims to himself ..
[10:19] Tiffany Sicling: but to a specific av name, it brings up lots of selection boxes
[10:20] Richardus Raymaker: how';s the NaN problem going ?
[10:20] ARADTech KoolKam: using the calling cards for a few tasks
[10:20] Nebadon Izumi: i think teravus put a patch in to fix it
[10:20] ARADTech KoolKam: doesnt wokr
[10:20] ARADTech KoolKam: you have to search then add
[10:20] BlueWall Slade is Online
[10:20] Static Sprocket: garrr got disconnected there, for more info visit freenode #osgroups
[10:20] Nebadon Izumi: ya you were air typing for like 10 minutes Static
[10:20] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[10:20] Nebadon Izumi: i was like wow your typing a book
[10:20] Teravus Ousley is Online
[10:21] ARADTech KoolKam: hehe
[10:21] ARADTech KoolKam: how many in this sim now ?
[10:21] Chris D is Online
[10:22] Kitto Flora: 13
[10:22] Nebadon Izumi: 13
[10:22] Warin Cascabel: 13 main agents, according to the Statistics console
[10:22] Static Sprocket: I don't mind pushing to OpenSim SVN, but I was trying to hold off until I'd finished doing some refactoring to how I handle data -- but all the code is in a publically accessible SVN now -- and more testers and people familiar with grid proxy are allways welcome
[10:22] Nebadon Izumi: hello Teravus
[10:22] Justin Clark-Casey: Hey Teravus
[10:22] Homer Horwitz: Hm, 21 says the map
[10:22] Tiffany Sicling: hi Teravus
[10:22] Teravus Ousley: hi
[10:22] Kitto Flora: Hi Teravus
[10:22] Nebadon Izumi: ya show stats on console reports 13
[10:22] Nebadon Izumi: could be wrong
[10:22] Michelle Argus: yip, and we are more that 13 sitting
[10:22] Homer Horwitz: I see 15 here
[10:22] Hiro Protagonist: it was 18 last I looked
[10:22] Nebadon Izumi: heh
[10:23] Richardus Raymaker: map view says 22 ?
[10:23] Homer Horwitz: 16, sorry Ter
[10:23] Hiro Protagonist: showing 14 now
[10:23] Teravus Ousley is seeing 20
[10:23] ARADTech KoolKam: invite more :)
[10:23] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Visitor List Maker started...
[10:23] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: The owner can say 'help' for instructions.
[10:23] Starky Rubble: Ok, so new physics, profiles, and groups... sounds good to me
[10:23] Nebadon Izumi: say list
[10:23] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Visitor List:
[10:23] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Strawberry Fride
[10:23] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Tiffany Sicling
[10:23] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Wordfromthe Wise
[10:23] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Armitage Sakaroff
[10:23] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Homer Horwitz
[10:23] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Richardus Raymaker
[10:23] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Fly Man
[10:23] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: ARADTech KoolKam
[10:23] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Justin Clark-Casey
[10:23] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Michelle Argus
[10:23] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Maria Korolov
[10:23] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: eaglefx Binder
[10:23] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Kitto Flora
[10:23] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Hiro Protagonist
[10:23] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Teravus Ousley
[10:23] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Total = 15
[10:23] Wordfromthe Wise: y .. 22 on the map
[10:23] paulie Flomar is Online
[10:23] Nebadon Izumi: :)
[10:23] Homer Horwitz: Here in the circle, I mean.
[10:23] Nebadon Izumi: 15 here in the circle
[10:23] Kitto Flora: Can one exceed 31 avs/sim here?
[10:23] Fly Man is Online
[10:23] ARADTech KoolKam: probably now you can
[10:23] Justin Clark-Casey: depends if OpenSim can take it :)
[10:23] Strawberry Fride: I got 40 once all on my local lan
[10:23] ARADTech KoolKam: wiht the code they have been getting in lately
[10:23] Strawberry Fride: would bet current SVN could beat that
[10:24] ARADTech KoolKam: yup
[10:24] Justin Clark-Casey: Strawberry: on what kind of hardware?
[10:24] Warin Cascabel: C64
[10:24] ARADTech KoolKam: hahah
[10:24] ARADTech KoolKam: V20
[10:24] Starky Rubble: heh
[10:24] Strawberry Fride: Win 2k8, HyperV, with 3Gb ram, 4 cores, 15,000 rpm mirrored hard drives
[10:24] Justin Clark-Casey: hmm, I guess the most important intel changes have gone in now, so that wil help as well
[10:24] Richardus Raymaker: then try a c128 you can double it
[10:24] ARADTech KoolKam: TI80
[10:24] Justin Clark-Casey: strawberry: meaty :)
[10:24] Justin Clark-Casey: strawberry: lots of prims on that sim?
[10:24] Nebadon Izumi: still feels nice and smooth
[10:24] Strawberry Fride: the host has 8 cores and 8Gb
[10:24] Nebadon Izumi: say list
[10:24] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Visitor List:
[10:24] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Strawberry Fride
[10:24] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Tiffany Sicling
[10:24] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Wordfromthe Wise
[10:24] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Armitage Sakaroff
[10:24] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Homer Horwitz
[10:24] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Richardus Raymaker
[10:24] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Fly Man
[10:24] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: ARADTech KoolKam
[10:24] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Justin Clark-Casey
[10:24] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Michelle Argus
[10:24] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Maria Korolov
[10:24] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: eaglefx Binder
[10:24] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Kitto Flora
[10:24] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Hiro Protagonist
[10:24] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Teravus Ousley
[10:24] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Starky Rubble
[10:24] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Warin Cascabel
[10:24] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Total = 17
[10:25] ARADTech KoolKam: mmmm nice and smooth
[10:25] Strawberry Fride: so tempting to wipe the whole thing and run a megagrid
[10:25] Strawberry Fride: but I have no upstream
[10:25] ARADTech KoolKam: yeah thats the usual probalem
[10:25] Strawberry Fride: machine I am on now had 18 hippo clients on it
[10:25] Age Detector: Script running
[10:25] Strawberry Fride: there was almost smoke
[10:25] Hiro Protagonist: I haz ta jet folks -wish I could stick around :(
[10:25] Justin Clark-Casey: bye hiro
[10:25] Nebadon Izumi: show stast says 586mb
[10:25] Hiro Protagonist waves
[10:25] Nebadon Izumi: thats nice
[10:25] Justin Clark-Casey: yeah, this is defienitely and improvment
[10:25] Strawberry Fride: and they did keep dropping over 25 - over 30 got quite hairy
[10:25] Justin Clark-Casey: cool
[10:25] Starky Rubble: bye
[10:26] Hiro Protagonist is Offline
[10:26] Strawberry Fride: had 25 concurrent for over an hour today, editing appearance and building as fast as one person on three computers can do
[10:26] Justin Clark-Casey: still a bit of banding but nowhere near as much as before, with this number of people
[10:26] Strawberry Fride: that was on 9137
[10:26] Justin Clark-Casey: nice
[10:26] Nebadon Izumi: ya i think thats just the normal login/logout lag
[10:27] Tiffany Sicling: seems v9136 is doing good with av handling
[10:27] Chris D is Offline
[10:27] Kitto Flora: Perhaps Tevarus can update us one the advantages/problems of Bullet & ODE ?
[10:27] Fly Man: Yup
[10:27] Tiffany Sicling is all ears on that :)
[10:27] Snoopy Pfeffer is Online
[10:27] Kitto Flora: Teravus, sty
[10:28] Teravus Ousley: Bullet is cool.. but under development. I'd recommend using ODE still until Bullet gets more mature.
[10:28] Warin Cascabel: FWIW, I'm freezing briefly every time that video screen above the fireplace starts or stops.
[10:28] Justin Clark-Casey: How much active development is there on ODE versus Bullet? Bullet has a commercial component, I understand?
[10:29] Kitto Flora: OK. Teravus know of anyone tacking prim physics on ODE - linear motors?
[10:29] Justin Clark-Casey: Warin: yeah, I used to have that too I think, until I turned off video
[10:29] Wordfromthe Wise: @warin .. thats not the osgrid SW .. its the connection to the video host ,..
[10:29] Warin Cascabel: Justin: I've got "Automatically start video" unchecked; that video screen seems to be circumventing that.
[10:29] Teravus Ousley: Kito have a look at ----> <----
[10:29] Tiffany Sicling: I had to turn it off in edit | preferences, it kept starting itself and I don't have that checked
[10:29] Strawberry Fride: you can force media to play
[10:30] Strawberry Fride: I just turned off media altogehter on my client :)
[10:30] Warin Cascabel: Thanks, I've shut off media for now. :)
[10:30] Teravus Ousley: I committed that yesterday so the vehicle work can be organized
[10:30] Teravus Ousley: It's already hooked into the OdePrim
[10:31] Kitto Flora: That forced media player is a security problem :(
[10:31] Michelle Argus: forcing media to play doesnt help, asson as the stream changes it always automaticaly starts, even if its the neighbouring parcel. :( Only switching media off helps there^^
[10:31] Justin Clark-Casey: Man, I can't get over how much smoother this is. It's really cool
[10:31] BlueWall Slade is Online
[10:31] Warin Cascabel: Interesting, Michelle.
[10:31] Kitto Flora: Teravus, thanks for the link - its a lot to take in quickly
[10:31] Tiffany Sicling: no rubber banding ?
[10:31] Justin Clark-Casey: still some, but nowhere near as much as before
[10:32] Michelle Argus: thats a opensimbug... mantis can be found on that somewere...
[10:33] Fly Man: K, is that the Happy Dance neb ?
[10:33] Ralf Haifisch: more skating
[10:33] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[10:33] Michelle Argus gave you MA Dancepole.
[10:33] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[10:33] eaglefx Binder: the new ice king ;)
[10:33] Fly Man: The "Happy that we can shut down the grid for a day because we need some space" dance ?
[10:33] Ralf Haifisch: can i get an ice, as well ?
[10:33] Ralf Haifisch: gg
[10:33] Kitto Flora: Teravus: Is this ODEVehicleSettings.cs in rev 9137?
[10:33] Tiffany Sicling: much better than before :)
[10:34] Teravus Ousley: yes
[10:34] Kitto Flora checks what rev he got yesterday
[10:34] Teravus Ousley: It does the logical work or organizing it
[10:34] Kitto Flora: 9132 :(
[10:34] Teravus Ousley: It still needs the 'get ODE to do this' part.
[10:34] Kitto Flora: Gotta update
[10:34] Richardus Raymaker: big upgrade to do here. :O
[10:35] Kitto Flora: Looks like .. sort of drivers
[10:35] Kitto Flora: Needs hooks to these drivers?
[10:35] Teravus Ousley: It's hooked up to ODEPrim though
[10:35] Tiffany Sicling: ok, now I lag
[10:37] Teravus Ousley: It's hooked up to ODEPrim though
[10:37] Kitto Flora: Thanks to recent moves by LL I have more time to spend on this now :)
[10:37] Teravus Ousley: yep, me too
[10:37] Justin Clark-Casey: ping
[10:37] Teravus Ousley: We need at least an Angular motor and a Linear Motor enabled
[10:37] Teravus Ousley: Those are ODE Joints
[10:37] Nebadon Izumi: woops
[10:37] Kitto Flora: OK.. its good and timely - I will get it and investigate :)
[10:37] Teravus Ousley: AMotor, and LMotor
[10:37] Kitto Flora: YEAh angular and linear motors, and ditto friction, are the things
[10:37] Wordfromthe Wise: nice avi .!
[10:38] Teravus Ousley: Friction might be a bit harder because we'll need to write some way to notify the collision algorithm that collisions on a Vehicle body are special
[10:38] Nebadon Izumi: heh
[10:38] Nebadon Izumi: i didnt bork it
[10:38] Nebadon Izumi: amazing
[10:38] Teravus Ousley: packets over throttle
[10:38] Strawberry Fride: how many prims?
[10:38] Fly Man accidently borked the Havok 4 engine ...
[10:38] Nebadon Izumi: hmm 1500+1800 range
[10:38] Strawberry Fride: wow
[10:38] Nebadon Izumi: i cant rmeember exactly
[10:38] Strawberry Fride: that's more than I have on my sim
[10:38] Justin Clark-Casey: lotsa junk on the wp console, i see
[10:39] Kitto Flora: Well as a first step, friction applys after motor = 0, until motion = 0
[10:39] Fly Man: Straw, it's more like you can "download" it
[10:39] Kitto Flora: Its how stuff stops
[10:39] Teravus Ousley: I've set up all of the defaults for the vehicles on Change
[10:39] Nebadon Izumi: i gotta say huge improvment
[10:39] BlueWall Slade is Offline
[10:39] Nebadon Izumi: that me wearing this avatar during this kind of meeting
[10:39] Nebadon Izumi: didnt kill the sim
[10:39] Nebadon Izumi: thats major improvement
[10:40] Tiffany Sicling: good good
[10:40] Teravus Ousley: After the change occurs, Reset() is called. Reset() should check for the existence of the joints and remove them if they're there. Then Apply them again with the new settings.
[10:40] Cancelled Sit
[10:41] Justin Clark-Casey: you do appear to be frozen in mid air though - as if someone stopped the music
[10:41] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[10:41] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[10:41] Fly Man: For the ppl that like reading:
[10:41] Nebadon Izumi: its super hero landing pose
[10:41] Fly Man:
[10:41] Kitto Flora: A more general question on dynamics: Is it desired to match SL functionality for 'vehicle code' so that scripts from SL can be reused as is?
[10:42] Teravus Ousley: Honestly, Kitto, I don't think that's ever going to happen.
[10:42] paulie Flomar is Online
[10:42] Teravus Ousley: Kitto, but one can try to get it as similar as possible
[10:42] Fly Man: There’s no fee because the license fee has been covered by Intel under a commercial agreement with Havok, and no barriers to building up your personal knowledge and expertise.
[10:42] Kitto Flora: I'd prefer desires over guesswork.
[10:42] Kitto Flora: But I agree - making it identical would bea real challenge
[10:43] Kitto Flora: I have seen/heard of some vehicles that do very weird combos of SL vehicle actions
[10:43] BlueWall Slade is Online
[10:43] Tiffany Sicling: does that mean havok 5.5 might come to OS ?
[10:43] Kitto Flora: LL has a hard time making such things 'work right'
[10:44] Fly Man: Tiffany, No
[10:44] Kitto Flora: So making em work right in a port to ODE ... I don't think so.
[10:44] Teravus Ousley: Tiffany. I think Havok will only really be interested in large grids and games based on OpenSimulator.
[10:44] Richardus Raymaker: own verhicle way means maby betetr verhicles ? is the 30 prim limit viewer or server based ?
[10:44] Fly Man: It means that you can get the Havok Physics
[10:44] Fly Man: and try to make chocolate from it
[10:44] Fly Man: but when it's dripping, you get no help
[10:45] Kitto Flora: Couple days ago I dug thru the Havok website .. their licence still seems unusable in an open project
[10:45] Fly Man: kitto, true and false:
[10:45] Teravus Ousley: Yes, unfortunately, it is still that way.
[10:45] Fly Man: True, it's still licensed
[10:45] Fly Man: False, if you apply as an open source project
[10:45] Fly Man: they tell you to go to:
[10:45] Kitto Flora: Wekk - if you want to ante-up the $$$$$,$$$,$$$
[10:45] Fly Man:
[10:45] Teravus Ousley: Large grids would licence it for cash :)
[10:46] Justin Clark-Casey: intruiging thought
[10:46] Tiffany Sicling: and I thought they meant if it was non-commercial purposes, there was no fee
[10:46] BlueWall Slade is Online
[10:46] Teravus Ousley: Fly Man: the free license is for 'games' only
[10:46] Teravus Ousley: specifically 'games'
[10:46] Teravus Ousley: There's also special rules on what you can do with your game
[10:46] Fly Man: Teravus:
[10:46] Fly Man: Now… what would you like to do?
[10:47] Fly Man: Non-Commercial Games & Applications =>
[10:47] Fly Man: With the free download of Havok Physics and Havok Animation for the PC, you can develop and distribute your free PC Game or free PC application for no direct or indirect commercial value provided the Havok libraries are compiled and distributed with your application or game in an integral, non-separable way.
[10:47] Richardus Raymaker: opensim itself is free.
[10:47] Teravus Ousley: I'd suggest checking the licence, not the marketing material Fly Man
[10:47] Fly Man: There’s no charge because the license fee has been covered by Intel under a commercial agreement with Havok.
[10:47] Nebadon Izumi: we can ask the intel guys, i asked mic bowman and last i heard
[10:47] Homer Horwitz: Won't work with OpenSim, I guess. That's why OS uses the BSD license and not GPL.
[10:47] Kitto Flora: Fly: It seems to risky to be worth putting the effort into
[10:47] Nebadon Izumi: we cant use Havok
[10:47] Tiffany Sicling: non-separable way... that sounds like binary-only games
[10:48] Nebadon Izumi: intel owns havok
[10:48] paulie Flomar is Online
[10:48] Teravus Ousley: I've already talked to Mic about it.
[10:48] Homer Horwitz: OpenSim is used commercially, too...
[10:48] Teravus Ousley: He would be interested in hearing from large grids with cash who want it implemented.
[10:48] Tiffany Sicling: OLG ?
[10:49] Nebadon Izumi: put it this way, Intel cant even use havok on their grid
[10:49] Nebadon Izumi: unless they license it
[10:49] Nebadon Izumi: and they own havok
[10:49] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[10:49] Tiffany Sicling: hehe, that's giving money to left hand by right hand lol
[10:49] Teravus Ousley: Beyond that, however.. the license isn't right for me to spend time making it work.
[10:49] Fly Man: In other words: This won't work ...
[10:49] Teravus Ousley: The community cannot benefit from that work.
[10:49] Kitto Flora: Teravus: I agree with that
[10:50] Armitage Sakaroff: Is there a representative of server side scripting here?
[10:50] Justin Clark-Casey: depends on what you mean
[10:50] Teravus Ousley: Armitage: I'd poke Melanie, Tedd1, or Adam on that.
[10:51] Armitage Sakaroff: cool
[10:51] Teravus Ousley: Write an OpenSim-dev e-mail list message
[10:52] paulie Flomar: hey bw.
[10:52] Fly Man: Hmm, time for some coffee
[10:52] BlueWall Slade: Hi
[10:52] paulie Flomar: :)(
[10:52] Fly Man: and some cake
[10:52] Fly Man grins
[10:52] paulie Flomar: mmm.cake.
[10:52] Fly Man: Laterz all :)
[10:53] Richardus Raymaker: yes teravus. dont throw energy and time in some black hole
[10:53] BlueWall Slade: it's tough for me here today
[10:53] Kitto Flora: WHat kind of cake?
[10:53] paulie Flomar: yeah. me too. I just managed to get in.
[10:53] Fly Man: My grandmother bakes cake :D
[10:53] Fly Man: *waves*
[10:53] paulie Flomar: Wrigh would not let me in.
[10:53] Justin Clark-Casey: bluewall: it is?
[10:53] Tiffany Sicling: bye bly!
[10:53] Fly Man is Offline
[10:53] Tiffany Sicling: fly!
[10:53] Richardus Raymaker: bye fly
[10:53] paulie Flomar: and my Cameo regions, next door, are locking up so hard I have to reboot the box.
[10:53] ARADTech KoolKam: Later Fly :)
[10:54] Nebadon Izumi: so anyone else have anything?
[10:54] Nebadon Izumi: what a good meeting though
[10:54] paulie Flomar: Anyone puttin up a transcript?
[10:55] Nebadon Izumi: one thing to note i did reboot this server this morning
[10:55] paulie Flomar: I couldnt get in.
[10:55] Nebadon Izumi: that might have increased our chances of the high quality meeting
[10:55] Nebadon Izumi: i might do that every tuesday morning
[10:55] Nebadon Izumi: odd Paulie
[10:55] Nebadon Izumi: it was pretty heavy at one point
[10:55] Nebadon Izumi: so im not suprised you were denied access
[10:55] Maria Korolov: Nebadon: is this a public venue, usable by other groups?
[10:55] Nebadon Izumi: sure
[10:55] paulie Flomar: yeah. COnsole (Wright) shoed many AVs.
[10:55] Nebadon Izumi: its always open
[10:56] Maria Korolov: I'd like to buring some business guys here Thursday night, if that's okay
[10:56] Nebadon Izumi: sure please do
[10:56] Kitto Flora: Sacha was claiming that sims would only run 10 hors before locking up or crashing - due to leak(?) in MONO
[10:56] Andreas mueller: good evening
[10:56] Nebadon Izumi: hey Bluewall
[10:56] Nebadon Izumi: welcome back
[10:56] Warin Cascabel: That's rubbish, Kitto. :)
[10:56] Nebadon Izumi: i think i killed you
[10:56] Nebadon Izumi: when i changed to this avatar
[10:56] Justin Clark-Casey: still running mono 2.0.1 on here, Nebadon?
[10:56] Tiffany Sicling: seems after I updated from 1.9.1, memory leak been bad
[10:56] BlueWall Slade: lol, not sure I'm 100% back
[10:56] Maria Korolov: so the limit is about 15 people that this place can hold?
[10:56] Nebadon Izumi: i saw the console freak out on your blue
[10:56] Nebadon Izumi: probably my fault
[10:56] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[10:56] BlueWall Slade: yeah
[10:57] Nebadon Izumi: i had to try
[10:57] Nebadon Izumi P
[10:57] ARADTech KoolKam: also the streaming vidoe
[10:57] Nebadon Izumi: worked out pretty good
[10:57] Nebadon Izumi: only few casualties
[10:57] ARADTech KoolKam: was killing me :)
[10:57] Orion Hax: i run 2.0.1 without issues
[10:57] BlueWall Slade: my x/y coords were over 100K
[10:57] Simulator Version v0.5 shouts: OpenSimulator Server (OS Fedora release 9 (Sulphur) Kernel \r on an \m) ChilTasks:True PhysPrim:False
[10:57] Warin Cascabel: Kitto: I normally update my regions every morning, but sometimes they've gone two days without crashing.
[10:57] Nebadon Izumi: yea i tend to push the limits on tuesday
[10:57] Warin Cascabel: (mono 2.2)
[10:57] Nebadon Izumi: bring your lag!!!
[10:57] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[10:57] Warin Cascabel: Oh, I got lag for you, Nebadon...
[10:58] ARADTech KoolKam: What are you regions Warin I want to check them out :)
[10:58] Kitto Flora: Lot of activity on k-grid, that may be the difference
[10:58] paulie Flomar is Offline
[10:58] ARADTech KoolKam: k-grid?
[10:58] Kitto Flora: Yes
[10:59] Warin Cascabel: Quirm is my main region, ARADTech, but I've also got Cyborg, Ecalpon, Erewhon, Torchwood, Quirm, Pseudopolis, Sto Lat and Uberwald. I think that's all at the moment.
[10:59] Homer Horwitz: A pterry fan, it seems :P
[10:59] ARADTech KoolKam: ok which ones you suggest to check out :)
[10:59] Warin Cascabel: Indeed, Homer. :)
[10:59] ARADTech KoolKam: I've seen cyborg
[10:59] Richardus Raymaker: WP runs 9136 ? i can only see 913?
[10:59] Maria Korolov: does anyone here rent space to business users? If so, I'd like to talk to you.
[10:59] Warin Cascabel: ARADTech: Quirm, Cyborg and Ecalpon.
[10:59] Maria Korolov: or are planning to rent space
[11:00] ARADTech KoolKam: Im planning :)
[11:00] Maria Korolov: when it gets more stable :-)
[11:00] Andreas mueller: when its getting more stable
[11:00] Orion Hax: i will be soon as its stable
[11:00] Maria Korolov: I've already talked to you, Arad. did you ever hook up with Michael? He wantst to hire you, he says.
[11:00] Andreas mueller: whats the point of the meeting?
[11:00] ARADTech KoolKam: I talked to him again waiting to hear back from him again :)
[11:00] Homer Horwitz: Ok, heading out... Was a nice meeting.
[11:01] Richardus Raymaker: 1. try to crash the sim.
[11:01] ARADTech KoolKam: This meeting is the OSgrid goffice hours
[11:01] ARADTech KoolKam: you can talk to Neb and develpers
[11:01] ARADTech KoolKam: and bring up ideas and concerns
[11:01] ARADTech KoolKam: or
[11:01] Snoopy Pfeffer: hi :)
[11:01] Orion Hax: crash a plaza hour
[11:01] ARADTech KoolKam: bring lots of people and try and crash the sim :)
[11:02] Maria Korolov: Andreas, Orion -- can you friend me please?
[11:02] Teravus Ousley: Isn't the crash hour On Saturday?
[11:02] ARADTech KoolKam: Its any day we can get a lot of people dotgher
[11:02] ARADTech KoolKam: and I've been talking to a couple of other people
[11:03] ARADTech KoolKam: that day isnt good for so maybe make one in the middle of week in the evening :)
[11:03] ARADTech KoolKam: I dont have a powerfull enough sim to really stress it but if someone can lend us there place
[11:03] ARADTech KoolKam: that does
[11:04] ARADTech KoolKam: I will organize one each weeek for wed evening
[11:04] Justin Clark-Casey: ok, I'm heading out now as well. Goodnight folks
[11:04] ARADTech KoolKam: Later :)
[11:04] Nebadon Izumi: awesome warin
[11:04] eaglefx Binder: dang thats a cool one Warin ;)
[11:04] Nebadon Izumi: thats sick
[11:04] ARADTech KoolKam: dude whats sick
[11:04] Warin Cascabel: Usually it brings a region to its knees. I'm quite impressed
[11:04] Andreas mueller: well i have web serververs i could make a sim on one there you can test :)
[11:04] ARADTech KoolKam: is that it inst crashing the sm
[11:04] Nebadon Izumi: Warins avatar
[11:04] Nebadon Izumi: insane
[11:04] ARADTech KoolKam: I was saying
[11:05] Justin Clark-Casey is Offline
[11:05] ARADTech KoolKam: whats sick is that its not crashing the sim
[11:05] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[11:05] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[11:05] Kitto Flora: Durn droids
[11:05] Teravus Ousley: :)
[11:06] Orion.Pseudo Ok, I'm confused... Is the meeting starting or ending? :)
[11:06] ARADTech KoolKam: awesome all these avi's and that and its still running :)
[11:06] eaglefx Binder: most likely ending ;)
[11:06] Tiffany Sicling: Warin's av has a big butt
[11:06] Tiffany Sicling: lol
[11:06] ARADTech KoolKam: just ending
[11:06] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[11:06] Warin Cascabel: Heh
[11:06] Andreas mueller: nice
[11:06] Orion.Pseudo okies... I need to brush up on my UTC to EST conversions lol :) 19:00 = 3:00pm eastern?
[11:06] Nebadon Izumi: ya were back at 11am PST now for the EU summer time change
[11:06] Maria Korolov: Did I miss anyone who does development or hosting for businesses? I'd like to interview you.
[11:07] Nebadon Izumi: I will post the log after we conclude
[11:07] Orion.Pseudo ok, I see. <whaps forehead> :)
[11:07] Kitto Flora: Its start at 2pm eastern now
[11:07] Nebadon Izumi: so everyone who missed can read over what was seaid
[11:07] Tiffany Sicling: great meeting and WP held up!!
[11:07] ARADTech KoolKam: great work Neb grid is running smooth :)!
[11:08] Andreas mueller: well frame time is above 1 second
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: well thank the devs
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: and thank RemedyTomm for the texture patch
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: thats a big one
[11:08] Maria Korolov: And check out Businessweek's Virtual Words page:
[11:08] Tiffany Sicling: excellent :)
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: but really its thanks mostly in part to all the devs hard work
[11:08] ARADTech KoolKam: I have many times :)
[11:09] ARADTech KoolKam: yes indeed :)
[11:09] Valentine MichaelSmith: as Segori Weaver would say, YiKeS, there's an Alien B dancing on the Moon :)
[11:09] BlueWall Slade is Offline
[11:09] Andreas mueller: *nods*
[11:10] ARADTech KoolKam: running at least 2 hardcore avi's in here :)
[11:10] Nebadon Izumi: ya this is good stuff
[11:10] Nebadon Izumi: though i do see memory rising
[11:10] Nebadon Izumi: but i guess under this kind of pressure
[11:10] Nebadon Izumi: thats to be expected
[11:10] Warin Cascabel: I'll bet...
[11:10] Nebadon Izumi: its lower than i expect though
[11:10] Nebadon Izumi: so thats good
[11:11] ARADTech KoolKam: thats great :)
[11:11] Michelle Argus: ^^ memory... already had linux crash latlty due to rising memory
[11:11] Kitto Flora: Eating time
[11:11] Kitto Flora: See you all.. byeby
[11:11] Nebadon Izumi: bye Kitto
[11:11] Richardus Raymaker: bye kitto
[11:11] ARADTech KoolKam: Neb what kinda hradware is this single region on?
[11:12] Valentine MichaelSmith: C ya
[11:12] Nebadon Izumi: 2.0ghz core2
[11:12] Nebadon Izumi: 4gb ram
[11:12] Nebadon Izumi: Fedora 9
[11:12] Nebadon Izumi: with mono 2.0.1
[11:12] Michelle Argus: is there a way to wipe unused memory out of the simulators?
[11:12] Richardus Raymaker whispers: but it runs more on that same system ??!
[11:12] Tiffany Sicling: excellent meeting! I have RL things to do, be back in a couple hours! take care all :)
[11:12] Nebadon Izumi: yes we run 3 plazas on this box
[11:12] Maria Korolov: ttyl tiffany!
[11:12] Richardus Raymaker: bye tiffany
[11:12] ARADTech KoolKam: how much ram is currently being consumed?
[11:12] Nebadon Izumi: Wright Plaza, Lbsa Plaza, Sandbox Plaza
[11:12] Nebadon Izumi: all on the same hardware
[11:12] Teravus Ousley: It's over on the wall over there
[11:12] Richardus Raymaker: but on own opensim..
[11:12] ARADTech KoolKam: can yuo tell how much a single region is takin ?
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: yes
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: 830mb
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: for Wright Plaza
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: on Show stats
[11:13] eaglefx Binder: pkay bye all have an excellent evening/day see ya...Remember to Rock the Sims ;)
[11:13] ARADTech KoolKam: thats not too bad :)
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: top reports 1.3gb
[11:13] Warin Cascabel: Heh
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: thats really really really good
[11:13] ARADTech KoolKam: night eagle :)
[11:14] Nebadon Izumi: it should be at like 3gb
[11:14] BlueWall Slade is Online
[11:14] Nebadon Izumi: right now
[11:14] Nebadon Izumi: after a meeting
[11:14] Richardus Raymaker: bye eagle
[11:14] Nebadon Izumi: so this is huge
[11:14] eaglefx Binder: Oh wel not night yet works needs to be done .. lol
[11:14] ARADTech KoolKam: no wonder your dancing
[11:14] eaglefx Binder: see you
[11:14] Richardus Raymaker: 1.3GB for 20 avtars. thats super
[11:14] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[11:14] ARADTech KoolKam: we all should be dancing
[11:14] Nebadon Izumi: say list
[11:14] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Visitor List:
[11:14] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Strawberry Fride
[11:14] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Tiffany Sicling
[11:14] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Wordfromthe Wise
[11:14] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Armitage Sakaroff
[11:14] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Homer Horwitz
[11:14] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Richardus Raymaker
[11:14] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Fly Man
[11:14] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: ARADTech KoolKam
[11:14] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Justin Clark-Casey
[11:14] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Michelle Argus
[11:14] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Maria Korolov
[11:14] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: eaglefx Binder
[11:14] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Kitto Flora
[11:14] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Hiro Protagonist
[11:14] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Teravus Ousley
[11:14] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Starky Rubble
[11:14] Orion Hax: hey neb hows the research into a new asset store going
[11:14] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Warin Cascabel
[11:14] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Ralf Haifisch
[11:14] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Orion Hax
[11:14] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: BlueWall Slade
[11:14] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Andreas mueller
[11:14] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Snoopy Pfeffer
[11:14] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Orion.Pseudo
[11:14] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Valentine MichaelSmith
[11:14] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Static Sprocket
[11:14] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Total = 25
[11:14] Nebadon Izumi: going well from what i hear Orion
[11:14] Nebadon Izumi: i think we are very very close
[11:14] Nebadon Izumi: atleast to a test run
[11:14] Richardus Raymaker: install a dance ball !
[11:15] Valentine MichaelSmith: Orion, very close 2 me <3
[11:15] Nebadon Izumi: not sure about converting the live grid yet
[11:15] Nebadon Izumi: but things are moving
[11:15] Maria Korolov: so I can bring 25 people here?
[11:15] Wordfromthe Wise: did anybody heard or tested the Badumna peer-2-peer thinkg
[11:15] Nebadon Izumi: i did not
[11:15] Nebadon Izumi: i saw it
[11:15] Wordfromthe Wise: we wanted to test it last weekend but nonody showd up ?
[11:15] Nebadon Izumi: i just didnt have time myself
[11:15] Tiffany Sicling is Offline
[11:15] Nebadon Izumi: so much going on
[11:15] Valentine MichaelSmith: T-shirt_from_Orion-2-StarSide.gif
[11:15] Wordfromthe Wise: german lazy crowd
[11:15] Wordfromthe Wise: lol
[11:16] Nebadon Izumi: keep at it wordfromthewise
[11:16] Nebadon Izumi: im sure you'll get some people interested
[11:16] Nebadon Izumi: i did see the posting in the forums
[11:16] Wordfromthe Wise: we try to setup another test run
[11:16] Nebadon Izumi: ok let me know when you do
[11:16] Nebadon Izumi: post it in the forums
[11:16] Nebadon Izumi: i will make it a sticky
[11:16] Wordfromthe Wise: forum or dev list ?
[11:16] Nebadon Izumi: both
[11:16] Wordfromthe Wise: ah ok
[11:16] ARADTech KoolKam: is that the proxy your talking about?
[11:16] ARADTech KoolKam: whats it for ?
[11:16] Valentine MichaelSmith: ... meanwhile, there R a few AV(s), I've not met, please feel free to B-friend, etc.
[11:17] Wordfromthe Wise: ok .. that would be gòód the more people test it the better
[11:17] Teravus Ousley: Take care
[11:17] Nebadon Izumi: see ya teravus
[11:17] Nebadon Izumi: thanks for coming
[11:17] Teravus Ousley is Offline
[11:17] ARADTech KoolKam: whats do you need help testing word?
[11:17] Wordfromthe Wise: if somebody is interested to hear more about Badumna .. here is the link
[11:17] Wordfromthe Wise:
[11:18] Wordfromthe Wise: BadumnaSim is a plugin that provides OpenSim users the ability to utilise Badumna. Badumna is a network engine designed specifically for massively multiplayer online applications that uses peer-to-peer networking protocols. BadumnaSim acts as a proxy between the OpenSim client and the region server.
[11:18] Wordfromthe Wise: you just need to set a differnt login uri
[11:19] Wordfromthe Wise: as nebadon said he will post it as a sticky
[11:19] Starky Rubble: So Nebadon, Maria has a good question
[11:19] Nebadon Izumi: whats that
[11:19] Wordfromthe Wise: mayby it let the asset and sim server breath more
[11:19] Nebadon Izumi: ?
[11:20] Starky Rubble: is there any code out there for a web page the let someone 'slurl' in?
[11:20] ARADTech KoolKam: Word do people need to open up ports on the router to use this or is it transparent
[11:20] Nebadon Izumi: hmm
[11:20] Nebadon Izumi: not that i know of
[11:20] Starky Rubble: also when will we replace slurl btw?
[11:20] Nebadon Izumi: i know there was some peopple messing around with it for a osurl
[11:20] Nebadon Izumi: but not sure, it was hackish
[11:20] Nebadon Izumi: if i recall
[11:20] Nebadon Izumi: i think thats a viewer thing
[11:20] Starky Rubble: who would you talk to?
[11:20] Nebadon Izumi: not a simulator thing
[11:20] Nebadon Izumi: you could talk to mana
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: for Hippo
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: see if she can weasle something in
[11:21] Starky Rubble: but related enuff
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: its definatly viewer side trhough
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: not something we really have to much control over at the moment
[11:21] Starky Rubble: oh yeah... i knew that
[11:21] ARADTech KoolKam: we would need a site for that wouldn twe?
[11:21] ARADTech KoolKam: osurl
[11:21] Starky Rubble: would we?
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: ya some kind of relay maybe
[11:21] Maria Korolov: I thought it was something that was just a web page script
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: some people did hack in a method
[11:21] ARADTech KoolKam: maybe a osurl
[11:21] Maria Korolov: i can put up a page
[11:21] Starky Rubble: vluri?
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: but it was not a good way to do it
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: they do work in the viewer web browser
[11:22] Nebadon Izumi: so say your in OSGrid already
[11:22] Nebadon Izumi: and you hit F1 or something
[11:22] Nebadon Izumi: bring up a list of SLURLs
[11:22] Nebadon Izumi: they will work here
[11:22] Nebadon Izumi: but not outside the viewer
[11:22] Starky Rubble: sure
[11:22] Nebadon Izumi: the viewer will shoot you to SL always
[11:22] Maria Korolov: hmm...
[11:22] Nebadon Izumi: thats how we made the loginscreen actually
[11:22] Nebadon Izumi: its using SLURLs
[11:23] Starky Rubble: Ah... because the helper app for the web browser is either SLViewer or Hippo
[11:23] Wordfromthe Wise: @ARADTech .. think you have to open 8080 ..
[11:23] Richardus Raymaker: here the dont work outside :)
[11:23] Starky Rubble: and Hippo sends you to the same place
[11:23] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[11:23] Nebadon Izumi: if your already logged in
[11:23] Nebadon Izumi: it wont try to shoot you to a grid
[11:23] Nebadon Izumi: it just uses the grid your already on
[11:23] Nebadon Izumi: but only internal to the viewer
[11:23] Nebadon Izumi: like for instance
[11:23] Nebadon Izumi: press F1
[11:24] Nebadon Izumi: and put this in the URL
[11:24] Nebadon Izumi:
[11:24] Starky Rubble: gotcha
[11:24] Starky Rubble: really then this should be discusssed with the Hippo folks
[11:24] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[11:24] Nebadon Izumi: folk
[11:24] Nebadon Izumi: its just MaNA
[11:25] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[11:25] Nebadon Izumi: but post your suggestions on her Forge project forums
[11:25] Nebadon Izumi: she reads them regularly
[11:25] Nebadon Izumi: and shes very open to suggestions
[11:25] Maria Korolov: ok...
[11:25] Starky Rubble: this is a god one i think
[11:25] Starky Rubble: good lol
[11:25] Maria Korolov: I'd like to be able to direct people in front the Web to individual OpenSim locations
[11:25] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[11:26] Starky Rubble: or pick a grid as the default
[11:26] Nebadon Izumi: well i also know you could make a external C# app
[11:26] Starky Rubble: to replace SL anyway
[11:26] Nebadon Izumi: that you could run as resident in memory
[11:26] Nebadon Izumi: and whenever it captures osurl://
[11:26] Nebadon Izumi: it would redirect it and luanch hippo
[11:26] Nebadon Izumi: and log you in
[11:26] Nebadon Izumi: it could save your username and password for you
[11:26] Nebadon Izumi: and just bloop
[11:27] Nebadon Izumi: your in on that region
[11:27] Nebadon Izumi: thats what Tribal does
[11:27] Nebadon Izumi: speak to MW or Lbsa71
[11:27] Starky Rubble: ah
[11:27] Nebadon Izumi: that is also what rezzables grid does
[11:27] Starky Rubble: in #opensim
[11:27] Maria Korolov: that would be nice
[11:27] Nebadon Izumi: ya id like something like that for osgrid eventulally
[11:27] Nebadon Izumi: but were a bit spoiled with hippo
[11:27] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[11:27] Starky Rubble: oh? I didn't know they have a grid?
[11:28] Maria Korolov: currently, i have people manually log in, then i have them use the map to go places here
[11:28] Nebadon Izumi: since it already defaults to us
[11:28] Nebadon Izumi: ya, its definatly something everyone wants
[11:28] Nebadon Izumi: its just hard for us becauase opensim devs cant work on the viewer
[11:28] Starky Rubble: cool
[11:28] Nebadon Izumi: or view the viewer source code
[11:28] Nebadon Izumi: so we are reliant on others not involved here
[11:28] Nebadon Izumi: to do the work
[11:29] Maria Korolov: gotcha
[11:29] Starky Rubble: oh right
[11:29] Starky Rubble: of course

Personal tools
About This Wiki