Chat log from the meeting on 2009-03-10

From OpenSimulator

Jump to: navigation, search
Tuesday Meeting @ Wright Plaza on OSGrid

[10:00] Nebadon Izumi: hey
[10:00] BlueWall Slade: Hello!
[10:01] BlueWall Slade: hehe, that was close
[10:01] Nebadon Izumi: hehhe
[10:01] Nebadon Izumi: ya this is a weekly occurance
[10:01] Nebadon Izumi: always on the brink of canceling the meeting
[10:01] Nebadon Izumi: lool
[10:01] Nebadon Izumi: but nice though
[10:01] Nebadon Izumi: glad its back up
[10:02] BlueWall Slade: yeah
[10:02] Nebadon Izumi: we definatly need to figure out whats wrong with this box
[10:02] Teravus Ousley: are we early or on time? (did England modify daylight savings time also? or is it just the US?
[10:02] Nebadon Izumi: oh crap
[10:02] Nebadon Izumi: is that today
[10:02] Nebadon Izumi: i dont even know
[10:02] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[10:02] Teravus Ousley: It was Sunday
[10:02] Nebadon Izumi: we dont do PST
[10:02] Nebadon Izumi: DST i mean
[10:02] Nebadon Izumi: ah crap your right
[10:02] BlueWall Slade: lol
[10:02] Nebadon Izumi: hehe but no
[10:02] Nebadon Izumi: it starts now
[10:03] Nebadon Izumi: but ya we might have to adjust the times
[10:03] Nebadon Izumi: we normally go back to Noon
[10:03] Nebadon Izumi: but i dunno
[10:03] Nebadon Izumi: where are you teravus
[10:03] Nebadon Izumi: i dont see you
[10:03] Teravus Ousley: I'm by the CowBell picture
[10:03] Nebadon Izumi: ah ya
[10:03] Nebadon Izumi: there ya are
[10:03] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[10:04] BlueWall Slade: lol
[10:04] Nebadon Izumi: oh
[10:04] Nebadon Izumi: did someone fix the Squat slide?
[10:04] Nebadon Izumi: guess so
[10:04] Teravus Ousley: I did :)
[10:04] Nebadon Izumi: nice
[10:04] Nebadon Izumi: man i missed a lot
[10:04] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[10:05] BlueWall Slade: wtg
[10:05] Teravus Ousley: ty
[10:06] Nebadon Izumi: actually Bluewall
[10:06] Nebadon Izumi: your idea
[10:06] Nebadon Izumi: with mysql on another box
[10:06] Nebadon Izumi: im going to talk to adam
[10:06] Nebadon Izumi: about using the deepgrid box
[10:06] Nebadon Izumi: just for that
[10:06] Nebadon Izumi: its in the same datacenter
[10:07] Nebadon Izumi: as all the plaza boxes
[10:07] Nebadon Izumi: its at Complex Drive
[10:07] Nebadon Izumi: Cari
[10:07] BlueWall Slade: would they add a separate net for it?
[10:07] Nebadon Izumi: they are in the same rack
[10:07] Nebadon Izumi: i think
[10:07] Nebadon Izumi: or close by anyway
[10:07] Nebadon Izumi: on 100mb net
[10:07] Nebadon Izumi: it would be plenty fast
[10:07] Nebadon Izumi: we should atleast test it
[10:08] Nebadon Izumi: we can do that without talking to adam
[10:08] Nebadon Izumi: lets setup a 24 hour test with WP
[10:08] BlueWall Slade: I did that here at home, and it worked great on my local grid
[10:08] Nebadon Izumi: where the SQL is on nitrogen
[10:08] Nebadon Izumi: and the simulator runs on the other box
[10:08] Nebadon Izumi: ive actually done that here
[10:08] Nebadon Izumi: i had the Movie Theatre
[10:08] Nebadon Izumi: running here at my house
[10:08] BlueWall Slade: yeah
[10:08] Nebadon Izumi: but storing on the Cari box
[10:08] Nebadon Izumi: mysql
[10:08] Nebadon Izumi: and it wasnt too bad
[10:08] BlueWall Slade: cool
[10:08] Nebadon Izumi: but i never got to put a load on it
[10:09] Nebadon Izumi: just me alone though it was fine
[10:09] BlueWall Slade: that's a long jump
[10:09] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[10:09] Nebadon Izumi: 500+ miles
[10:09] BlueWall Slade: should be ok in the same datacenter
[10:09] Nebadon Izumi: actually no its about 400
[10:09] Nebadon Izumi: but still
[10:09] Nebadon Izumi: its quite a jump
[10:09] Nebadon Izumi: and only 3mb net
[10:09] BlueWall Slade: same rack with a private link would rock
[10:10] Nebadon Izumi: ya its not private net
[10:10] Nebadon Izumi: but
[10:10] BlueWall Slade: heee - I've seen that before
[10:10] Nebadon Izumi: it is same rack
[10:10] Nebadon Izumi: same room anyway
[10:10] Nebadon Izumi: which should be enough
[10:10] Nebadon Izumi: for what we are doing
[10:10] BlueWall Slade: yes
[10:10] Nebadon Izumi: not like its UGAIM level
[10:10] Nebadon Izumi: heh
[10:10] Nebadon Izumi: i wonder if anyone is coming
[10:11] Nebadon Izumi: damn DST
[10:11] BlueWall Slade: the smart people are here
[10:11] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[10:12] Teravus Ousley: I suspect that they do know about it.. and know that England hasn't
[10:12] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[10:12] Nebadon Izumi: we can run long today
[10:12] Nebadon Izumi: we should get atleats 2 hours before total crash and burn
[10:12] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[10:12] Teravus Ousley: .. and since UTC.. is there.. the office hour is in ~45 minutes
[10:12] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[10:12] Nebadon Izumi: damn it
[10:12] Nebadon Izumi: ok no problem
[10:12] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[10:13] Nebadon Izumi: good thing we scrambled Blue
[10:13] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[10:13] BlueWall Slade: yeah, lol
[10:13] Nebadon Izumi: were all in panic
[10:13] Nebadon Izumi: cause the sim wouldnt start
[10:13] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[10:14] BlueWall Slade: Teravus, that animation thing is interesting
[10:14] Nebadon Izumi: heh nice pic
[10:14] Nebadon Izumi: whatever happend to that sim Ter?
[10:14] Teravus Ousley: animation?
[10:15] Simulator Version v0.5 shouts: OpenSimulator Server (OS Fedora release 9 (Sulphur) Kernel \r on an \m) ChilTasks:True PhysPrim:False
[10:15] Nebadon Izumi: Hello Orion
[10:15] BlueWall Slade: your bvh reader/writer
[10:15] Teravus Ousley: ah.. duh
[10:15] BlueWall Slade: or was I dreaming?
[10:15] Teravus Ousley: cool. Yes.. it should be useful for some stuff I have to come.
[10:15] Orion Hax: o/
[10:15] BlueWall Slade: you could make qavimator in opensim
[10:15] BlueWall Slade: hehe
[10:15] Teravus Ousley: sim?
[10:16] Nebadon Izumi: someone has in SL
[10:16] Nebadon Izumi: didnt they
[10:16] Nebadon Izumi: the picture board
[10:16] Nebadon Izumi: isnt that your sim
[10:16] Nebadon Izumi: the purply sky
[10:16] Nebadon Izumi: i took that pic i know
[10:16] Nebadon Izumi: swore it was your sim
[10:16] Teravus Ousley: yes, that is my Sim
[10:16] BlueWall Slade: there is the Mannequin
[10:16] Nebadon Izumi: is that still running?
[10:16] Teravus Ousley: not on OSGrid.
[10:16] Teravus Ousley: I could turn it back on.
[10:16] Nebadon Izumi: ah
[10:17] Teravus Ousley: .. but I wanted to keep it at one sim for now.
[10:17] Nebadon Izumi: ya do what ya gotta
[10:17] Nebadon Izumi: hehe i was just wondering
[10:17] Nebadon Izumi: hello norse
[10:17] Nebadon Izumi: the meeting will be off a bit today everyone
[10:17] Nebadon Izumi: USA's DST
[10:17] Nebadon Izumi: has thrown monkey wrench once again
[10:18] paulie Flomar: Silleh DST.
[10:18] Nebadon Izumi: it might run long today
[10:18] Nebadon Izumi: and we'll have alot of folks showing up late
[10:18] Nebadon Izumi: who probably think they are early
[10:18] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[10:20] Nebadon Izumi: anyone have any experiences i missed while i was out of pocket?
[10:20] Orion Hax: CENSOR dst
[10:20] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[10:20] paulie Flomar: Ha sanyone here tried It's a free, web-based, no sign-up, group voice chat for up to 200 peeps.
[10:20] Nebadon Izumi: ya everyone needs to move to Arizona
[10:20] BlueWall Slade: well, we got the sim running with 3 minutes to spare
[10:20] Nebadon Izumi: where we dont celebrate DST
[10:20] BlueWall Slade: + 1 hour
[10:20] BlueWall Slade: lol
[10:21] Nebadon Izumi: i was reading a study the other day
[10:21] paulie Flomar: neb: I was happy to move OUT of AZ. But I agree that DST is a terrible idea that needs to die.
[10:21] Nebadon Izumi: saying how DST could be the cause of 100's of heart attacks every year
[10:21] Nebadon Izumi: people's sleep gets messed up
[10:21] BlueWall Slade: I read that too
[10:21] paulie Flomar: it's late for the sky, DST
[10:21] BlueWall Slade: but I thing SL/OpenSim mivght play a part in that too
[10:22] paulie Flomar: a web-connected world has no use for DST, eh.
[10:22] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[10:22] Nebadon Izumi: ya everyone just needs to lock themselvs in a dark room
[10:22] Nebadon Izumi: and go virtual
[10:22] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[10:22] paulie Flomar: :)
[10:22] Orion Hax: i have no use for time as there is never enough of it
[10:22] paulie Flomar: yep.
[10:23] paulie Flomar: nice scene vids, neb.
[10:23] Nebadon Izumi: thanks
[10:23] Nebadon Izumi: ive been dumping them again to Youtube
[10:23] Nebadon Izumi: in HD
[10:23] Nebadon Izumi: 1280x720p format
[10:23] Nebadon Izumi: but we cant stream those into OpenSIM just yet
[10:23] Nebadon Izumi: they come in at the lower quality
[10:23] paulie Flomar: from youtubes?
[10:24] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[10:24] Nebadon Izumi: they offer HD streaming now
[10:24] Nebadon Izumi: 1280x720p format
[10:24] Gaspar Roux: Still nice tho !
[10:24] Nebadon Izumi: but its to harsh for opensim or SL
[10:24] Nebadon Izumi: so it omes in at 720x480
[10:24] Orion Hax: fyi after the meeting today im stress testing a sim hosted on EC2 i would appriciate vollenteers
[10:24] Nebadon Izumi: ok Orion no problem
[10:24] Nebadon Izumi: i'll be there
[10:24] Nebadon Izumi: just remind us again towards end of meeting
[10:24] Orion Hax: yup
[10:24] Nebadon Izumi: i could put 10 bots in your sim too
[10:25] Nebadon Izumi: plus 2 avatars
[10:25] Nebadon Izumi: just me
[10:25] Nebadon Izumi: thats enough to destroy this region in about 1 hour
[10:25] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[10:25] Orion Hax: i need actuall clients to test bandwith restrictions
[10:25] Nebadon Izumi: pcampbot does that now
[10:25] Nebadon Izumi: its very harsh
[10:25] paulie Flomar: I have a group chat started at if anyone wants to say hi. :)
[10:25] Nebadon Izumi: nice Paulie
[10:25] Nebadon Izumi: i dont have mic on this machine
[10:26] Nebadon Izumi: or i would
[10:26] paulie Flomar: no worries
[10:26] Nebadon Izumi: i need to keep my other mic open
[10:26] Nebadon Izumi: its my phone
[10:26] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[10:26] Justin Clark-Casey: Is this the pre-meeting?
[10:26] Nebadon Izumi: ya time change
[10:26] paulie Flomar: group voice would probably exclude too many peeps from the conv at this point.
[10:26] Nebadon Izumi: actually for us yanks its "the" meeting
[10:26] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[10:26] Justin Clark-Casey: oooooh, you Americans
[10:26] Nebadon Izumi: we'll run long today
[10:27] Nebadon Izumi: and try to figure out if we should chang ethe times
[10:27] Justin Clark-Casey: actually, from a selfish perspective I'd quite like to go to 1800 UTC since BST is coming up as well
[10:27] Nebadon Izumi: ok
[10:27] Nebadon Izumi: hopefull we dont run into conflicts
[10:27] Nebadon Izumi: with linden meets
[10:27] Nebadon Izumi: the AWG meetings
[10:27] Nebadon Izumi: might conflict
[10:27] Justin Clark-Casey: or maybe we should have an even more radical time shift to get people like MW attending
[10:27] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[10:27] Nebadon Izumi: that would be nice
[10:27] Nebadon Izumi: im open to whatever
[10:27] Nebadon Izumi: i can make anytime work myself
[10:27] Justin Clark-Casey: heh, of course we've had stacks of these discussions before which never go anywhere :)
[10:28] Justin Clark-Casey: I don't think it can be too early in the morning for you guys in the US
[10:28] paulie Flomar: Maybe we can get Obama to drive a stake through the heart of DST. :)
[10:28] Nebadon Izumi: well im up at 6am PST
[10:28] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[10:28] Orion Hax: i think a switch to GMT would solve alot of problems
[10:28] Nebadon Izumi: we do post in UTC but still
[10:28] Nebadon Izumi: it effects USA
[10:28] Nebadon Izumi: we change it doesnt
[10:29] Justin Clark-Casey: yes, and then in Britain we change too, and 2000 ain't so good for me....
[10:29] Orion Hax: yes but the locals should know that
[10:29] Justin Clark-Casey: but then we might end up confusing non Brits and Yanks
[10:30] Nebadon Izumi: the funny part is Charles is in USA
[10:30] Orion Hax: what in life isint confuseing
[10:30] Nebadon Izumi: but he is probably going on UTC time
[10:30] Nebadon Izumi: why he isnt here yet
[10:30] Nebadon Izumi: heh whats that?
[10:30] Orion Hax: im in the us and knew what time to be here
[10:30] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[10:31] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[10:31] Nebadon Izumi: looks like normandy
[10:31] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[10:31] Justin Clark-Casey: gotta contain the Teravus
[10:31] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[10:32] Justin Clark-Casey: right, I'm going to slump on a sofa until it's time for the real meeting ;)
[10:32] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[10:33] Justin Clark-Casey: ai, he woke up!
[10:33] Nebadon Izumi: i'll keep the videos rolling
[10:33] Nebadon Izumi: keep everyone entertained
[10:33] Nebadon Izumi: :)
[10:33] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[10:33] Nebadon Izumi: i feel a cage coming on
[10:33] Justin Clark-Casey: uh oh
[10:33] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[10:34] Nebadon Izumi: need a follower script now
[10:34] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[10:34] Nebadon Izumi: i actually have one some where
[10:34] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[10:34] Gaspar Roux: !
[10:35] Nebadon Izumi: we caught us a programmer
[10:35] Justin Clark-Casey: yheeelllp!
[10:35] Nebadon Izumi: wheeew
[10:35] Teravus Ousley: my turn :)
[10:35] Justin Clark-Casey: I feel like a medical experiment, gone horribly wrong
[10:35] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[10:35] BlueWall Slade: lol
[10:35] Justin Clark-Casey: man, that;'s not much of a cage - I can get out but not in :)
[10:37] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[10:37] Nebadon Izumi: hhahahah
[10:37] BlueWall Slade: lmao
[10:37] Justin Clark-Casey: woah
[10:37] Nebadon Izumi: too funny
[10:38] BlueWall Slade: looks like a funny bicycle
[10:39] Nebadon Izumi: its our 1st physical vehicle
[10:39] Nebadon Izumi: you dont wear it
[10:39] Nebadon Izumi: it wears you
[10:39] Justin Clark-Casey: I'm impressed by how well it's sticking to me
[10:39] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[10:39] Justin Clark-Casey: and it's tendency to bounce around when I'm just standing still
[10:39] Nebadon Izumi: im suprsied you have not been launched yet
[10:39] Nebadon Izumi: probably the mass of it
[10:39] Teravus Ousley: that's what the collision filter is supposed to help.. the bouncing.
[10:40] Teravus Ousley: but oh... well.. that needs some work :)
[10:40] Nebadon Izumi: still impressive
[10:40] Justin Clark-Casey laughs
[10:40] Teravus Ousley: The rotating end Pieces are just a client side illusion.
[10:40] Nebadon Izumi: we need to make it invisible
[10:40] Nebadon Izumi: then have you wear a pogo stick
[10:41] Teravus Ousley: physicsally.. it's a closed cyllendar
[10:43] Nebadon Izumi: suprisingly CPU is very low
[10:43] Nebadon Izumi: with all that physics bouncing
[10:44] paulie Flomar: very nice!
[10:46] Nebadon Izumi: hey charles
[10:46] Nebadon Izumi: i guess one of todays main topics will be Daylight Savings time and all of its downsides
[10:46] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[10:47] Charles Krinke: Morning. Is Justin caught in a cylinder?
[10:47] Nebadon Izumi: lol ya
[10:47] Nebadon Izumi: Teravus Trapped him
[10:47] Gaspar Roux: Pre-meeting performance art.
[10:47] Aramis Soren: lol
[10:47] Charles Krinke: oh thats a good one
[10:47] Aramis Soren: do the guy walking against the wind now ;)
[10:48] Gaspar Roux: Oh for the love of God, no MIMES!
[10:48] Justin Clark-Casey laughs
[10:48] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[10:49] Nebadon Izumi: weeeeeeee
[10:49] Nebadon Izumi: heh that was a good one
[10:50] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[10:51] Justin Clark-Casey: you chaps appear to be getting very friendly in there
[10:51] Charles Krinke: Testing physics, Teravus?
[10:51] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[10:51] Teravus Ousley: I'm sitting
[10:51] Teravus Ousley: now it's two per container.
[10:51] Charles Krinke: hows the bod, Teravus?
[10:51] Justin Clark-Casey: aaarggh
[10:52] Aramis Soren: i knew i should have taken the Blue Pill :)
[10:52] Justin Clark-Casey gave you Primitive.
[10:53] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[10:53] Charles Krinke: hey, the mere fact that folks are in a good mood makes me feel optimistic about reliability
[10:54] Nebadon Izumi: hhehe
[10:54] Nebadon Izumi: i think we crossed some line right there
[10:54] Nebadon Izumi: seems to have recovred though
[10:54] Justin Clark-Casey: yes, God knows where that went
[10:54] Nebadon Izumi: i erased em
[10:54] Justin Clark-Casey: oh good
[10:54] Nebadon Izumi: hoping it would recover
[10:54] Justin Clark-Casey: perhaps it's time now to stop sim crashing activities
[10:54] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[10:54] Justin Clark-Casey: usually it doesn't need our help
[10:54] Charles Krinke: Teravus, were you saying the next tagged release should be delyed a it?
[10:54] Nebadon Izumi: that was awesome though
[10:55] Gaspar Roux: Uh oh, some vertex madness now.
[10:56] Justin Clark-Casey: ping
[10:56] Teravus Ousley: I was just saying that I added some potential instability r8732.. so we should probably wait a bit before tagging anything after that.
[10:57] Charles Krinke: we are so serious most of the time, maybe we need one 'playful meeting"
[10:58] Justin Clark-Casey: SO anyway, shall we have our usual debate about UTC/GMT/PST/DST/BST, etc?
[10:58] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[10:58] Justin Clark-Casey: I believe it's the traditional time of the year
[10:58] Nebadon Izumi: ya in the past we have moved the meeting to 12 PST at this time
[10:58] Nebadon Izumi: but not sure how wise or convinent is for some
[10:58] Charles Krinke: Absoutely. I vote for "Lunar" time ass opposed to "solar time
[10:59] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[10:59] Richardus Raymaker: brb i hope
[10:59] Justin Clark-Casey: I'm going to make a shameles selfish vote to move it back to 11am California time (hence 1800 UTC)
[10:59] Nebadon Izumi: which is actually no change for PST
[10:59] Nebadon Izumi: the meeting was always at 11am
[10:59] Justin Clark-Casey: is it still called PST if you're in summer timne though?
[10:59] Charles Krinke: Well, thats a reasonable ppoint, Justin as catering to the core-developers is important
[11:00] Aramis Soren: PDT
[11:00] Charles Krinke: Its called "PDT" now
[11:00] Justin Clark-Casey: In the UK, for instance, we will soon be on BST (British Summer Time, UTC +1) rather than GMT (==UTC)
[11:00] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[11:00] Charles Krinke: PacificDaylightTime
[11:00] Nebadon Izumi: in Arizona we have no change ever
[11:00] Nebadon Izumi: so im cool with anything
[11:00] Justin Clark-Casey: Okay, well I would prefer if we went to 1800UTC for the summer. Though if another time would get more core developers where then that would be great too
[11:00] Justin Clark-Casey: and other meeting attendees, of course :)
[11:00] Charles Krinke: Wont that make the time work out for you, Justin? When BST starts?
[11:02] Justin Clark-Casey: BST will start on the 29th March
[11:02] Charles Krinke: Well, Justin. Do you mindTeravus: Opinion on the time?
[11:02] Justin Clark-Casey: But 1800 in the mean time is fine with me too - it's just inconvenient if it goes to 2000 for me
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: my only concern was Linden meetings
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: but at 11am PST i dont think we conflict
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: their meeting is 10am i think
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: not that most of us ever attend it
[11:03] Nebadon Izumi: but no point it making it so we cant
[11:03] Charles Krinke: Justin. Do you mind taking the action item to poll other core-developers and tell us if you think the meeting should move with daylight savings time, or be at anohter time althgother
[11:04] Kentucky Friedkin: I think Linden is 11 (and since LL time is pacific, it tracks DST)
[11:04] Teravus Ousley: actually, it does conflict with Andrew Linden's havok office hour. but.. I don't really care much..
[11:04] Justin Clark-Casey: charles: sure
[11:04] Nebadon Izumi: k ya i was thinking of the AWG meeting
[11:04] paulie Flomar: Andrew is still holding HAvok office hours? Wow.
[11:04] Nebadon Izumi: which is usally at 10am
[11:05] Charles Krinke: I really appreciate you and Teravus attending and want to do everything possible to keep that and even increase the number of core developers if possible.
[11:05] Kentucky Friedkin: I say we move to Swatch Internet Time. Everybody meet here at @613 :)
[11:05] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[11:06] Aramis Soren: where DOES he find the time do dig up these videos? lol
[11:06] Charles Krinke: best laid plans of mice and men. I thought the folks in Europe would like UTC/GMT ,sigh>
[11:07] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[11:08] Charles Krinke: ok. So "What is important, today?"
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: i spend 1/2 my time here in OpenSim
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: and the other 1/2 on Youtube
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[11:08] Fly Man: Morning all
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: Hey Fly Man
[11:09] Nebadon Izumi: So Fly Man in regards to Day Light Savings time
[11:09] Nebadon Izumi: and the time shifts
[11:09] Nebadon Izumi: any thoughts
[11:09] Nebadon Izumi: since your obviously here at this time becasue of the shift
[11:09] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[11:09] Nebadon Izumi: we have all been here an hour
[11:09] Nebadon Izumi: trying to figure out what to do
[11:10] Nebadon Izumi: would earlier be good or bad for you?
[11:10] Charles Krinke: runs screaming off into the night
[11:10] Nebadon Izumi: say 1800 UTC
[11:10] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[11:10] Fly Man: Haha
[11:10] Fly Man: I like this time ;)
[11:10] Nebadon Izumi: we should probably shoot a email to the -dev group too
[11:10] Kentucky Friedkin: Personally, I'm fine with tracking UTC (I've worked in datacenters that spread across timezones, so we just track everything in UTC)
[11:10] Fly Man: It's 8 PM here in Holland now
[11:10] paulie Flomar: We could use Active Worlds VRT. Virtual Reality Time.
[11:10] Fly Man: so it should be 7 PM UTC
[11:10] Charles Krinke: yelling "Time is only relative"
[11:10] Kentucky Friedkin: but I'm probably not the best example of a "normal" person
[11:10] Teravus Ousley: TeraTime!
[11:10] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[11:11] paulie Flomar: or PEanut Butter Jelly time. :)
[11:11] Teravus Ousley: FlomarTime!
[11:11] paulie Flomar: awooo!
[11:11] Fly Man: So, i would say
[11:11] Fly Man: we meet at @833 here ;)
[11:11] Aramis Soren: lol
[11:11] Charles Krinke: the answer is 42.
[11:11] Nebadon Izumi: hehe ok
[11:11] Nebadon Izumi: here is the solution
[11:12] Nebadon Izumi: binary time
[11:12] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[11:12] What is the Day?: Today is Tuesday
[11:12] paulie Flomar: "A man with one clock knows what time it is. A man with two clocks is never sure."
[11:12] Fly Man: But to keep it simple:
[11:12] Teravus Ousley: yes.. we'll use number of seconds since enoch
[11:12] Fly Man: Wright Plaza is our main point
[11:12] Justin Clark-Casey: Well, the only reason I was suggesting we regress an hour is because 2000 (the time which this meeting wil be in the UK in 3 weeks) is pretty bad for me :)
[11:12] Fly Man: so when it's 11 AM here
[11:12] Fly Man: it will be Meeting time
[11:12] Nebadon Izumi: hehe look at the article i posted on the web board
[11:13] Teravus Ousley: next meeting will be 955656484651.92
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[11:13] paulie Flomar: lol@ that article.
[11:13] Fly Man: But seriosly, you have been here for over 1 hour
[11:13] Fly Man: just to ask me what time I want the meeting to be ?
[11:13] What is the Day?: Today is Tuesday
[11:13] Charles Krinke: one of the issues is we dont want to loose Justin.
[11:13] Fly Man: Well, as suggested last week
[11:13] Fly Man: The Office Hour meetings can be decentralized
[11:14] Charles Krinke: That ckrinke guy can go, but Teravus and Justin are important
[11:14] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[11:14] Fly Man: For the Usa, Europe and Asia/Australia
[11:14] Nebadon Izumi: i like 1800UTC
[11:14] BlueWall Slade: have the meeting justin time
[11:14] Aramis Soren: maybe graph the results of the poll, look for density points?
[11:14] Fly Man: So, why would this be a problem ?
[11:14] Justin Clark-Casey: shucks. It's the tyrrany of those who turn up
[11:14] Fly Man: If Justin can make it at 19:00 CET
[11:14] Fly Man: then who am I to argue
[11:14] Nebadon Izumi: ya but UK changes time
[11:14] Nebadon Izumi: not everyone does
[11:14] Fly Man: as we will be in the same timezne then ;)
[11:14] Nebadon Izumi: so 1900 becomes 2000
[11:15] Nebadon Izumi: in UK in like a few days
[11:15] Simulator Version v0.5 shouts: OpenSimulator Server (OS Fedora release 9 (Sulphur) Kernel \r on an \m) ChilTasks:True PhysPrim:False
[11:15] Fly Man: Uhm, 2 weeks from now
[11:15] Nebadon Izumi: and therein lies the problem
[11:15] Nebadon Izumi: 2000 is to late
[11:15] Fly Man: Whole Europe changes the Time clock
[11:15] Nebadon Izumi: hmm
[11:15] Nebadon Izumi: so then everyone would be at 2000?
[11:15] Nebadon Izumi: if we stay at this time?
[11:15] Nebadon Izumi: were looking at next week i guess
[11:16] Nebadon Izumi: we have a few meetings before the change
[11:16] Fly Man: Yes
[11:16] Nebadon Izumi: ok well we are really talking long term here
[11:16] Fly Man: The Netherldands will change on the 28th of March
[11:16] Nebadon Izumi: ya so does UK
[11:16] Justin Clark-Casey: Do different staes in the US change to summer time at different times?
[11:16] Fly Man: Always the last Saturday of March and October
[11:16] Nebadon Izumi: no
[11:16] Nebadon Izumi: only a few dont change ever
[11:16] Nebadon Izumi: everyone else is the same
[11:17] Justin Clark-Casey: ok, cool
[11:17] Nebadon Izumi: so then after 28th we are all back on same page?
[11:17] Nebadon Izumi: and 1900 is ok?
[11:17] Justin Clark-Casey: well, going to 1800 UTC from next week is fine by me if no-one else objects. II'm free at 1800 GMT as well
[11:17] Charles Krinke: If weaare going to do daylight savings time, we then need to decide which time zone to change b. US or Europe.
[11:18] Fly Man: I have 3 weeks of Gym to go to
[11:18] Fly Man: after that, i'm free to pick a new day to do Gym excersices
[11:18] Nebadon Izumi: ah
[11:18] Justin Clark-Casey: Fly-Man-: You go to gym at 1800?
[11:18] Nebadon Izumi: well im ok with 1800
[11:18] Fly Man: Justin, yup :)
[11:18] Fly Man: As soon as I arrive from work, I eat
[11:18] Fly Man: then jump into the Gym
[11:18] Jos Joszpe: evening all
[11:18] Nebadon Izumi: but that will be after 28th we go to 1800?
[11:18] Nebadon Izumi: or before?
[11:19] Justin Clark-Casey: Okay, so how about I propose we change the UTC meeting time after the 29th March?
[11:19] Nebadon Izumi: lol damn this is confusing
[11:19] Fly Man: K
[11:19] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[11:19] Fly Man: Let's make it simple
[11:19] Nebadon Izumi: thats what i was about to say
[11:19] Fly Man: Europe Timezone:
[11:19] Justin Clark-Casey: cool
[11:19] Fly Man: Meeting will be at 18:00 GMT
[11:19] Nebadon Izumi: then Flyman only missed one week
[11:19] Charles Krinke: ok with me. Do we change to 1800 when US does daylight savings time and then back to 1900 when US does standard time?
[11:20] Charles Krinke: Or keep 1800UTC from here on out?
[11:20] Justin Clark-Casey: Charles: I think we would actually sync with the European time changes if there are no objections
[11:20] Justin Clark-Casey: I propose that we go back and forth with the start/end of European summer time
[11:20] Aramis Soren hopes some is taking all this down... :)
[11:20] Fly Man: Well, I think we can see how it works out
[11:20] Fly Man: And if some of us miss the Office Hour, so be it
[11:20] Charles Krinke: Ok, with me as long as I can easily detrmine when thos eare.
[11:20] Kentucky Friedkin: so
[11:20] Fly Man: If I miss Office Hours for 1 week, I can cope with that
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: ok great
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: sounds like thats settled then
[11:21] Kentucky Friedkin: 1900 UTC during GMT, and 1800 UTC during BST?
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: 1800 it is
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[11:21] Kentucky Friedkin: I can live with that
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: exactly
[11:21] Charles Krinke: gotta go beat my head on the side of the building. back in 5
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: kk
[11:21] Justin Clark-Casey: cool
[11:21] Fly Man: K
[11:21] Richardus Raymaker: hmm, must be me. 1 step forward 10 back
[11:21] Teravus Ousley: next tuesday, I'm going to ask.. at about 10:00 PST.. what time the meeting is.. I'll expect an answer like.. X hours from how. :)
[11:21] Teravus Ousley: 'now'
[11:22] Fly Man: When Charles returns with a blooded head, we can start then ...
[11:22] Jos Joszpe: lol
[11:22] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[11:22] Aramis Soren: no time left hehe
[11:22] Kentucky Friedkin: somebody could put a PHP page up on the site that follows those rules, and says "Office Hour begins in XXX minutes"
[11:22] Kentucky Friedkin: I can script that up pretty quickly
[11:22] Fly Man: Nah
[11:22] Nebadon Izumi: k
[11:23] Fly Man: We'll use the IRC Bots to cope with that
[11:23] Nebadon Izumi: that might be cool though
[11:23] Justin Clark-Casey: I will update the wiki page if there are no objections to the time change
[11:23] Nebadon Izumi: sure please do
[11:23] Kentucky Friedkin: ok, I like IRC
[11:23] Fly Man: All in favor, please raise your hand
[11:23] Nebadon Izumi: ah thats right
[11:23] Nebadon Izumi: we have a bot now
[11:23] Nebadon Izumi: osgrid
[11:23] Fly Man raises hand
[11:23] Nebadon Izumi: i forgot
[11:23] Kentucky Friedkin: aye
[11:23] paulie Flomar hand
[11:23] Justin Clark-Casey hasn't got a raising hand animation
[11:23] Kentucky Friedkin: paulie: all in favor, edit the ceiling :)
[11:24] Kentucky Friedkin: err justin, sorry
[11:24] Fly Man: K
[11:24] Gaspar Roux: me too, fwiw
[11:24] Fly Man: Done
[11:24] Fly Man: Justin, make it so :)
[11:24] What is the Day?: Today is Tuesday
[11:25] Fly Man: k
[11:25] Fly Man: Teravus is doing his Moonwalk Dance again ?
[11:25] Teravus Ousley: almost at the binary clock.....
[11:25] Fly Man: This works better ;)
[11:25] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[11:25] Teravus Ousley: now.. time to walk the other way
[11:26] Jos Joszpe: choose a place and sit here
[11:26] Jos Joszpe: more quick
[11:26] Fly Man: k, hopefully Charles didn't hurt himself with that head bashing against building
[11:26] Tiffany Sicling: hehe
[11:27] Nebadon Izumi: lol so what next
[11:27] Fly Man: Uhm, let's see ...
[11:27] Nebadon Izumi: anyone else have anything
[11:27] Nebadon Izumi: im back from my vacation now too btw
[11:27] Kentucky Friedkin: I've got a bit of shameless self-promotion
[11:27] Fly Man: Let us pray to the OpenSim Gods and ask for a new stable release ....
[11:27] Nebadon Izumi: so i'll be around on IRC more now
[11:27] paulie Flomar: Any news on RealXtend integration?
[11:27] Tiffany Sicling: wb Neb
[11:27] Kentucky Friedkin: this weekend I officially "launched" the sim I had been working on for a few months, Undef Lagoon
[11:28] Tiffany Sicling: adon
[11:28] Kentucky Friedkin: stop on by, y'all
[11:28] Fly Man: k
[11:28] Fly Man: As Charles doesn't seem to be here
[11:28] Jos Joszpe: lm?
[11:28] Kentucky Friedkin: (it used to be Undef Island, but the joke was lost when it stopped being an island, heh)
[11:28] Fly Man: Let us announce the new "Approved by OSGrid Admins" release for this week
[11:28] paulie Flomar: I placed a prim outside here on Wright which links to an experimental group voice chat. If anyone wants to try it.
[11:28] Fly Man: Nebadon, your pick was ?
[11:28] Jos Joszpe: yes
[11:29] Nebadon Izumi: i havent had time to investigate that yet
[11:29] Nebadon Izumi: but i did update to head last night
[11:29] Fly Man: What version is on the Plaza's now ?
[11:29] Kentucky Friedkin: 8732
[11:29] Fly Man: K
[11:29] Simulator Version v0.5 shouts: OpenSimulator Server (OS Fedora release 9 (Sulphur) Kernel \r on an \m) ChilTasks:True PhysPrim:False
[11:29] Kentucky Friedkin: I like it
[11:29] Fly Man: And does it run stable ?
[11:29] Nebadon Izumi: yea this rev seems great
[11:30] Fly Man: K, let us declare 8732 the Stable release for this week then :)
[11:30] Nebadon Izumi: sure
[11:30] Kentucky Friedkin: woohoo
[11:30] Nebadon Izumi: sounds good to me
[11:30] Nebadon Izumi: after this meeting
[11:30] Nebadon Izumi: im sold
[11:30] Tiffany Sicling whistles
[11:30] paulie Flomar approves
[11:30] Nebadon Izumi: we were really pounding it earlier before you arived
[11:30] Nebadon Izumi: physical prims and all
[11:30] Fly Man: Anyone else objections or things to add to this release ?
[11:30] Charles Krinke: r873 for "recommended" release, I think we mean?
[11:30] Fly Man: Yupz :)
[11:30] Charles Krinke: 8732
[11:30] Fly Man: Welcome back Charles :)
[11:30] Kentucky Friedkin: same-sim region crossings seem to be a lot faster now
[11:31] Charles Krinke: feels so good whn I stop
[11:31] Tiffany Sicling: what about with attachments ?
[11:31] Fly Man: No blood spattering on the floor I hope ?
[11:31] Charles Krinke: targ? not tag?
[11:31] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[11:32] Fly Man: And also a proposal:
[11:32] Fly Man: Let us annoucnce the recommended releases in a list on the website
[11:32] Kentucky Friedkin: uhh
[11:32] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[11:32] Fly Man: so we can always look back which ones we recommended
[11:32] Nebadon Izumi: that was wierd kentucky
[11:32] Nebadon Izumi: give it a second to settle
[11:32] Nebadon Izumi: its lagging
[11:32] Tiffany Sicling: got the animation for that ? lol
[11:33] Kentucky Friedkin: no, I'm glitching
[11:33] Kentucky Friedkin: brb
[11:33] Nebadon Izumi: kk
[11:33] Nebadon Izumi: its the sim
[11:33] Fly Man: Charles, what is your opinion about that ?
[11:33] Fly Man: To keep a list on the webpage so we can see what versions we recommended
[11:33] Tiffany Sicling: I couldn't walk up here, I had to camera and grab a seat
[11:34] Charles Krinke: +1
[11:34] Fly Man: This makes it easier for ppl to follow the progress
[11:34] Jos Joszpe: I agree
[11:34] Fly Man: and also keep us up to date with all the versions we recommended
[11:34] Charles Krinke: When do we tag 0.6.4 ?
[11:35] Fly Man: Well, I would hope coming weekend ?
[11:35] Fly Man: I haven't seen any open issues for 0.6.4
[11:35] Fly Man: The only one that's bound to 0.6.4 is Profile
[11:35] Fly Man: and that still needs work
[11:35] Fly Man: so I will postpone that to 0.6.6
[11:36] Justin Clark-Casey: You might want to either wait, or make the release the one before lbsa71 put in the change which he labelled as experimental and possibly sim crashing
[11:36] Charles Krinke: Lets aim for Saturday morning and see what folks say then? Teravus , Jusin, Fly-Man, Nebadon?
[11:36] Fly Man: Yes, sounds reasonable
[11:36] Nebadon Izumi: ok
[11:36] Nebadon Izumi: sounds good
[11:36] Charles Krinke: A tag release needs more concurs then the weeks "recommended"
[11:36] Justin Clark-Casey: sounds good
[11:37] Fly Man: Would it be best to do a full freeze from tomorrow on ?
[11:37] Fly Man: so we have 3 days to test out a good revision ?
[11:37] Fly Man: then we tag it, and all hell can break loose again
[11:37] Fly Man: like with 0.6.0
[11:37] Charles Krinke: what about lbsa experimental/sim crahsing question?
[11:37] Justin Clark-Casey: Fly Man. I'm sympathetic to that argument, though to do that one would have to get general agreement from all the developers
[11:38] Teravus Ousley: 8732
[11:38] Teravus Ousley: :)
[11:38] Justin Clark-Casey: Charles: I reckon if there are any problems they will show up very soon, so you should be good for Sat
[11:38] Fly Man: Well, we could tell the Mailingslist about out idea
[11:38] Fly Man: our*
[11:38] Charles Krinke: In general, I would suggest "OSGrid admins" for the weeks recommended and "core developers" decide on a tagged release.
[11:39] Fly Man: Agreed
[11:39] Nebadon Izumi: i can make the osgrid relase today
[11:39] Nebadon Izumi: and get our people testing it
[11:39] Nebadon Izumi: then if we are happy we tag it on the weekend
[11:40] Fly Man: Then I think a message to the dev list would be good to announce the idea of having a new release
[11:40] Charles Krinke: I'll put something together and ask.
[11:40] Nebadon Izumi: i want to try something with memory real quick
[11:41] Nebadon Izumi: see if things get better
[11:41] Nebadon Izumi: brb
[11:41] Charles Krinke: What ae the 1 r 2 biggest reliability issues this week?
[11:41] Richardus Raymaker: my ISP :) lol
[11:41] Nebadon Izumi: hmm
[11:41] Nebadon Izumi: didnt help
[11:42] Nebadon Izumi: i flushed the systems cache out
[11:42] Nebadon Izumi: freeing up ram
[11:42] Nebadon Izumi: but it hasnt helped
[11:42] Nebadon Izumi: we have alot more ram free now
[11:42] Nebadon Izumi: maybe it will settle in a few
[11:42] Fly Man: Uhm, I would say sim crossings ...
[11:42] Fly Man: But that's every week an issue ...
[11:42] Charles Krinke: is WP abd LP still crashing, freezin more then once a day?
[11:42] Jos Joszpe: yes those were bad
[11:42] Nebadon Izumi: hmm not sure ckrinke
[11:43] Nebadon Izumi: the box itself has issues
[11:43] Nebadon Izumi: for one i relaized today the machine is not Configured for PAE
[11:43] Richardus Raymaker: we have worked with more avatars and less problems
[11:43] BlueWall Slade: they are much better
[11:43] Nebadon Izumi: meaning we only have 3.3gb ram available
[11:43] Nebadon Izumi: out of the 4gb
[11:43] Nebadon Izumi: i need to fix that asap
[11:43] Nebadon Izumi: hopefully today
[11:43] Nebadon Izumi: we have backup plan incase i kill this server and we need to reload
[11:43] Nebadon Izumi: im going to do a full dump
[11:43] Nebadon Izumi: and prepare the Deepgrid machine
[11:43] Nebadon Izumi: nitrogen
[11:44] Nebadon Izumi: to be a backup incase modifying the kernel goes horribly wrong
[11:44] Nebadon Izumi: but i think that will help us here
[11:44] Nebadon Izumi: as we are missing almost a gig of ram
[11:44] Richardus Raymaker: why not 64bit ?
[11:44] Nebadon Izumi: thats possiblity
[11:44] Nebadon Izumi: but it would be to much work right now
[11:44] Nebadon Izumi: if it fals horribly
[11:45] Nebadon Izumi: fails
[11:45] Nebadon Izumi: maybe
[11:45] Richardus Raymaker: ok, but if kernel go wrong...
[11:45] Nebadon Izumi: PAE is fine though with 4gb
[11:45] Nebadon Izumi: ya if the kernel upgrade goes bad
[11:45] Nebadon Izumi: we'll consider it
[11:45] Nebadon Izumi: just not sure how well it will run a region like this
[11:45] Nebadon Izumi: in 64 bit
[11:45] Nebadon Izumi: we have done no testing at osgrid
[11:45] Charles Krinke: great, Nebadon
[11:45] Kentucky Friedkin: do you have 4GB or more than 4GB on the server?
[11:46] Nebadon Izumi: 4gb
[11:46] Nebadon Izumi: but right now its only seeing 3.3
[11:46] Kentucky Friedkin: because keep in mind that even with PAE, single processes can only get 4GB each
[11:46] Kentucky Friedkin: ok
[11:46] Nebadon Izumi: cause PAE is not enabled on the kernel level
[11:46] Nebadon Izumi: yes
[11:46] Nebadon Izumi: but also the system only sees 3.3gb
[11:46] Nebadon Izumi: without PAE
[11:46] Nebadon Izumi: thats my concern
[11:46] Kentucky Friedkin: yeah, understood
[11:46] Nebadon Izumi: 3gb per process is way to much anyway
[11:46] Nebadon Izumi: for opensim
[11:47] Nebadon Izumi: the sim usually dies around 2gb
[11:47] Richardus Raymaker: yes
[11:47] Charles Krinke: What can testers do to help the developers that they are not doing? Addressed to Teravus and Justin.
[11:47] Jos Joszpe: i feel spoken to
[11:47] Teravus Ousley: have fun :)
[11:47] Kentucky Friedkin: dance Teravus, dance!
[11:48] Justin Clark-Casey: going through Mantis and dealing with old open entries is always helpful
[11:48] Charles Krinke: What can developers to do help testers that they are not doing? Addressed to everyone.
[11:48] Teravus Ousley: learn how to proxy the protocol with libOMV and DIFF the SecondLifeGrid protocol and ours :)
[11:48] Nebadon Izumi: rofl
[11:48] Justin Clark-Casey: either closing them or establishing the relaionships between them
[11:49] Nebadon Izumi: strange were snapping like this
[11:49] Nebadon Izumi: we have lots of ram
[11:49] Nebadon Izumi: and lots of CPU
[11:49] Justin Clark-Casey: Another possibility is capturing thread dumps if you're on mono and you have a bug where 100% of the cpu starts being eaten
[11:49] Nebadon Izumi: doesnt make sense
[11:49] Nebadon Izumi: were snapping back
[11:49] Nebadon Izumi: maybe were just out of IO
[11:49] Justin Clark-Casey: I just had one of those myself, not getting many clues from the thread dump yet though
[11:49] Nebadon Izumi: that doesnt seem posisble though
[11:50] Fly Man: Uhm, still the best to do is make good Mantis reports
[11:50] Fly Man: Please include as much info as they can capture
[11:50] Aramis Soren: how's the asset server coming, and what is hd space left charles, i see osgrid is over 13k users now
[11:50] Fly Man: Mono logs, Error logs, etc
[11:51] Nebadon Izumi: we have 28gb left
[11:51] Nebadon Izumi: and last i heard from adam things are going quite well
[11:51] Nebadon Izumi: few bugs to tackle still
[11:51] Nebadon Izumi: but progress is being made
[11:51] Aramis Soren: thats good
[11:51] Teravus Ousley: pwagwess
[11:51] Nebadon Izumi: ya we have contingency plans
[11:51] Aramis Soren: lol
[11:51] Nebadon Izumi: say we run out of time
[11:51] Nebadon Izumi: we can purge tons of dead assets
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: we know are dead
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: and probably wipe out 1/2 the asset table
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: without loss of anything
[11:52] Richardus Raymaker: how do you know the are dead ?
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: they are blank
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: and old terrains
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: 24gb
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: if i remember
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: so all is not lost
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: if we do get to low
[11:52] Teravus Ousley: old maptile images :)
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[11:52] Richardus Raymaker: wow, that gives some more air.
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: were 99% sure they are useless
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: but
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: that means 24-48 hours of no grid
[11:53] Tiffany Sicling: is yang on the same server ?
[11:53] Nebadon Izumi: while we revcover the space
[11:53] Nebadon Izumi: no
[11:53] Nebadon Izumi: yang is in charles house
[11:53] Nebadon Izumi: on his machine
[11:53] Tiffany Sicling: I saw someone was changing the terrain a lot yesterday
[11:53] Charles Krinke: Yang texture assets are the same as all the other regions.
[11:53] Nebadon Izumi: thats his personal sim
[11:53] Justin Clark-Casey: Also, I'd like to knwo if anybody has any feelings here about what to do with OpenSim.ini
[11:53] Charles Krinke: Someone did terraforming on both Yang and Phobos yesterday
[11:54] Nebadon Izumi: make chapters?
[11:54] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[11:54] Fly Man: Justin, cut it up in smaller pieces
[11:54] Jos Joszpe: and my neighbours land got beaten badly
[11:54] Aramis Soren: leave it all in one place :)
[11:54] Tiffany Sicling: how about an include where you can have the main include another ini ?
[11:54] Richardus Raymaker: how's that posisble if otehr cannot edit terrain ?
[11:54] Justin Clark-Casey: Fly-Man-: I agree, though we now have the question of how. I believe that putting live .ini files directly into SVN will cause more support issues
[11:55] Tiffany Sicling: sorta like apache's .conf file
[11:55] Charles Krinke: I must have a mis-configure or there is a bug that allows terraforming
[11:55] Nebadon Izumi: yea
[11:55] Teravus Ousley: I think that changing the OpenSim.ini is going to cause lots of support issues anyway
[11:55] Nebadon Izumi: is there any reason
[11:55] Nebadon Izumi: we dont have physics.ini
[11:55] Nebadon Izumi: and scrpting.ini
[11:55] Nebadon Izumi: database.ini
[11:55] Nebadon Izumi: why lump it all into 1
[11:55] Justin Clark-Casey: Tiffany: True, though I don't think that addresses the issue I', having problems with
[11:56] Justin Clark-Casey: Nebadon: Well, historically I think that it's been easier to deal with a single file
[11:56] Teravus Ousley: The person who does the commit is responsible for staying in #opensim and telling people, the new way to configure their server
[11:56] Nebadon Izumi: sure
[11:56] Justin Clark-Casey: And to be honest, php.ini still only have a single file (which is longer than ours)
[11:56] Nebadon Izumi: until the 1 file is so large
[11:56] Justin Clark-Casey: Teravus: That's what I would say, though not everybody is as concientious as you :)
[11:56] Nebadon Izumi: ya true
[11:56] Tiffany Sicling: tre
[11:56] Tiffany Sicling: true
[11:56] BlueWall Slade: just drive it to something like the windows registry and drive us all nuts
[11:56] Justin Clark-Casey: Teravus: Well, if we keep OpenSim.ini as an override (and don't move it into conf/) then everything will still work as is.
[11:56] Justin Clark-Casey: BlueWall: ha ha
[11:56] Aramis Soren: you already have the master ability for those that need customizations
[11:57] Tiffany Sicling throws rocks at BlueWall
[11:57] Richardus Raymaker: dont make it a windows registry stiyle. OMG panic ! :P
[11:57] Teravus Ousley: lets put it in an LDAP server.. or DNS TXT records.
[11:57] Tiffany Sicling: if ya do it registry style, it's only fitting to include a blue screen in it too
[11:57] BlueWall Slade: I was thinking that the inimaster would tell opensim which dir to read, and allow us to breakout the config for each section
[11:57] Charles Krinke: Let us know before the commit so we can go on vacation
[11:57] Fly Man: Ghehe
[11:58] Fly Man: I have planned another vacation after Saturday ;)
[11:58] Nebadon Izumi: hehe nice
[11:58] Teravus Ousley: I know.. lets put opensim.ini in an oar and have there be a new opensim.ini externally that just has one line per region.. the location of each of the region's oar file.
[11:59] Fly Man: Uhm, or make it even better
[11:59] Justin Clark-Casey: ha ha
[11:59] Fly Man: Make the OpenSim.ini loadable from Web ;)
[11:59] Fly Man: You can pick the things you want
[11:59] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[11:59] Fly Man: and we create the OpenSim.xml for you ;)
[11:59] Nebadon Izumi: thats a pretty good idea
[11:59] Nebadon Izumi: though somewhat still doesnt resolve the problem
[12:00] Justin Clark-Casey: well you know, I'm fine with the overriding stuff
[12:00] Tiffany Sicling: like a complete configuration utility for the .ini ? hehe
[12:00] Justin Clark-Casey: my fear is that if .ini files are in SVN, then people will change them no matter what warnings you put about not doing it
[12:00] Justin Clark-Casey: but then other people's 'lowest common denominator' is my 'useability nightmare'
[12:00] Teravus Ousley: i'm sinking.. oh what a world what a world.
[12:01] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[12:01] Fly Man: Tiffany, yes
[12:01] Fly Man: and Yes, I think this could lead to less problems ...
[12:01] Richardus Raymaker: more ini files means more problems.. becuase you forgot to edit that 1 lini in that ini.. already miss sometimes 1 line in opensim.ini
[12:02] Fly Man: If you create a "OpenSim Configuration"
[12:02] Justin Clark-Casey: you don't find one big ini file difficult to navigate?
[12:02] Fly Man: then all you need is to get the latst info
[12:02] Aramis Soren: i don't touch 95% of whats in there anyway
[12:02] Fly Man: Justin, someone made it this big ...
[12:02] Fly Man: So yes
[12:03] Richardus Raymaker: aramis, and in the 5% you miss 1 line.. mostly a port..
[12:03] Tiffany Sicling: I had to manually add in some various ossl commands to enable them
[12:03] Justin Clark-Casey: it's one of those things which just grows orgnaically... but we are still smaller than php.ini
[12:03] Aramis Soren: right that can happen but usually change/setup the same few items when going to new one
[12:04] Charles Krinke: I need to go pretend I am working by putting on my bemused, befuddled expression and walking around the lab and offices.
[12:04] Fly Man: But in the meantime, the OpenSIm.ini needs work
[12:04] Fly Man: Put things together ...
[12:04] Fly Man:
[12:04] Fly Man: All the plugins we can load
[12:04] Fly Man:
[ Extensions ]
[12:05] Fly Man: All the extensions we load
[12:05] Fly Man: (Search, Wind, Profile, DataSnapShot)
[12:05] Fly Man: Make it easier to understand
[12:05] Tiffany Sicling:
[Script Engine]
[12:05] Fly Man: Yes
[12:05] Fly Man: Make it readable and balanced
[12:06] Tiffany Sicling: would be easier to find and edit things
[12:06] Justin Clark-Casey: It does need work. Any tidy up and commenting patches would be much appreciated
[12:06] Fly Man: Well, let's start with removing all those witespaces in front of everything ...
[12:06] Justin Clark-Casey: anyhow - I have to dash - need to capture information on why an OpenSim instance suddenly leaps up to consuming 100% cpu fairly reliably
[12:07] Nebadon Izumi: ok justin
[12:07] Justin Clark-Casey: you never know, might lead to a fix :)
[12:07] Fly Man: because whoever made that happen ....
[12:07] Fly Man: K, I have a meeting in SL with Modesl
[12:07] Fly Man: Models*
[12:07] Fly Man: So Let me excuses myself as well
[12:07] Fly Man: All, think about the Wiki Hours on Thursday
[12:07] Fly Man: and the Q&A hour on Saturday
[12:08] Justin Clark-Casey: okay, goodbye everyone
[12:08] Fly Man: Times can be found on the Wiki
[12:08] Tiffany Sicling: bye Justin
[12:08] Aramis Soren: what was highest headcount here today, no crashes!
[12:08] Jos Joszpe: bye
[12:08] Jos Joszpe: about 12 to 15
[12:08] Tiffany Sicling: no crashes, just trampolining
[12:08] Fly Man: I counted 18 ppl
[12:09] Alyvaral Aeghin gave you The Ruth Issue 3.
[12:09] Aramis Soren: and cage fun too
[12:09] Teravus Ousley: there's trampolining .. and there's insane bounceback.. and we've got the latter :)
[12:09] Tiffany Sicling: hehe
[12:09] Alyvaral Aeghin: a perk ;-)
[12:09] The Ruth Issue 3: Use Page Up and Page Down to turn pages. Best read in Mouselook.
[12:09] The Ruth Issue 3: Touch again to bring up the additional functions menu.
[12:09] Tiffany Sicling: those on the couches will trampoline
[12:09] Tiffany Sicling: and those walking do multi-takes
[12:10] Orion Hax: fyi stress test at my place after the meeting i wana see if i can break the server
[12:10] Teravus Ousley: sloooooooo moooooooootioooooooooon
[12:10] Teravus Ousley: let's see that .. in an instant replay..
[12:10] Nebadon Izumi: what a good meeting
[12:10] BlueWall Slade: wheeee
[12:10] Tiffany Sicling: I've noticed a similiar thing with building
[12:10] Nebadon Izumi: even though we cant hardly move
[12:10] Nebadon Izumi: sim held up
[12:11] Teravus Ousley: who else does that.. the 600 million dollar man.. or something like that?
[12:11] Tiffany Sicling: I set the size of something, or the transparancy, other controls, and they snap back a lot
[12:11] Nebadon Izumi: not even chat lag
[12:11] Orion Hax: i got brain lag
[12:11] Gaspar Roux: Thanks, Alyvaral!
[12:11] Alyvaral Aeghin: yw ;-)
[12:12] Gaspar Roux: Orion, where is your testing?
[12:13] Orion Hax: orion ec2
[12:13] Nebadon Izumi: shall we all head to Orians Sim?
[12:13] Nebadon Izumi: Orions that is
[12:13] Alyvaral Aeghin: Hi Tiffany
[12:13] Tiffany Sicling: hi Aly
[12:13] Jos Joszpe: ok by me
[12:13] Richardus Raymaker: does 8732 have lots of ini changes ?
[12:13] Aramis Soren: sure might as well pile on
[12:13] Gaspar Roux: OK. Always good to bash an EC2 instance ;-)
[12:13] Alyvaral Aeghin: LOL
[12:14] Nebadon Izumi: hehe ok im heading over
[12:14] Nebadon Izumi: see you there
[12:14] Teleport completed from
[12:14] The region you have entered is running a different simulator version. Click this message for details.

Personal tools
About This Wiki