Chat log from the meeting on 2009-02-24

From OpenSimulator

Jump to: navigation, search

Tuesday Meeting @ Wright Plaza on OSGrid

[11:00] Strawberry Fride: well this is way better than I expected :)
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: hello
[11:02] Strawberry Fride: not to me, and that's all that matters, isn't it? self image? :)
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: omg what a morning
[11:02] Justin Clark-Casey: hello Nebadon, hello folks
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: we went from thinking we lost the entire database
[11:02] Strawberry Fride: I love that outfit Neb
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: to nothing being wrong at all
[11:02] Justin Clark-Casey: ouch
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: rofl
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: god damn ibdata1 file corrupted
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: but since we stripped all innodb
[11:02] Strawberry Fride: backups not available?
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: it didnt matter
[11:02] Justin Clark-Casey: phew
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: there was but it was a couple days old
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: now i have a good backup from today
[11:02] Strawberry Fride: cool
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: thats what most of the downtime was
[11:02] Strawberry Fride: nice work :)
[11:03] Nebadon Izumi: me backing it up
[11:03] Nebadon Izumi: but i thought i might have to restore
[11:03] Strawberry Fride: well, we tried 0.6.3 today
[11:03] Strawberry Fride: then ran away screaming
[11:03] Nebadon Izumi: but didnt have to thank god
[11:03] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[11:03] Strawberry Fride: I ended up Ruth - and I have spent the best part of a week trying to remove her
[11:03] Nebadon Izumi: ya i just logged in as a ruth
[11:03] Nebadon Izumi: but was able to get back to my lovely self
[11:03] Strawberry Fride: there seems to be something a little wonky with appearance
[11:03] Nebadon Izumi: :)
[11:03] Richardus Raymaker: the ruth problem sometimes happen for a while
[11:03] Strawberry Fride: is that to do with providing default appearance?
[11:04] Strawberry Fride: I saw a commit about that a couple of days ago
[11:04] Nebadon Izumi: ya i think so
[11:04] Nebadon Izumi: to combat the gas blob
[11:04] Nebadon Izumi: maybe
[11:04] Strawberry Fride: I would rather be gas
[11:04] Nebadon Izumi: ive been so out of it
[11:04] Nebadon Izumi: been moving all week
[11:04] Strawberry Fride: ouch - never good :)
[11:04] Nebadon Izumi: sort of what led to this near disaster
[11:04] Nebadon Izumi: so ya dodged a bit of a bullet
[11:04] Nebadon Izumi: but were good
[11:04] Strawberry Fride: this is the best I've seen this place in a while
[11:04] Nebadon Izumi: now we are alive and have a good backup
[11:05] Strawberry Fride: I must always time it so I log in when things are wonky
[11:05] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[11:05] Nebadon Izumi: well its been bad the last few weeks
[11:05] Nebadon Izumi: i must say
[11:05] Nebadon Izumi: lots of misaligned simulators
[11:05] Nebadon Izumi: causing all kinds of havok
[11:05] Nebadon Izumi: we are probably just coming out of that now too
[11:05] Simulator Version v0.5 shouts: OpenSimulator Server (OS Fedora release 9 (Sulphur) Kernel \r on an \m) ChilTasks:True PhysPrim:False
[11:06] Nebadon Izumi: but yea funniest part is i actually was moving during the backup this morning too
[11:06] Nebadon Izumi: i made a run to my old condo
[11:06] Nebadon Izumi: and brought stuff back while it was backing up
[11:06] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[11:06] Richardus Raymaker: why do i hover on many sims. and on my sim i need to adhust av)capsule to 0.63 to just get it right. but its till wrong. for bigger ones.
[11:06] Nebadon Izumi: good question
[11:06] Nebadon Izumi: i susepect we need to talk to Teravus
[11:07] Nebadon Izumi: or one of the Physics experts
[11:07] Nebadon Izumi: i saw a mantis about that
[11:07] Nebadon Izumi: ODE crash
[11:07] Nebadon Izumi: that i actually have happening on the plazas
[11:07] Richardus Raymaker: default im almost till knees in the prim on my sim
[11:07] Nebadon Izumi: hmm
[11:07] Nebadon Izumi: 64 bit?
[11:07] Richardus Raymaker: yup
[11:07] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[11:07] Nebadon Izumi: ask Sdague
[11:07] Richardus Raymaker: opensuse 11.1 64bit
[11:07] Nebadon Izumi: he got it worked out recently
[11:07] Richardus Raymaker: mono 2.2
[11:07] Nebadon Izumi: he will know
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: its settings in your OpenSim.ini for sure
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: but what he used i dont recall now
[11:08] Richardus Raymaker: sure. i chaneged it get it a bit right..
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: Tensor maybe
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: i forget
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: im pretty sure its drastic change in #'s too
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: not a subtle up by 10 or something
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: hey charles
[11:08] Snowdrop Short: 64 bit ODE numbers?
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[11:09] Snowdrop Short: hold on I have those
[11:09] Richardus Raymaker: av_capsule_radius = 0.63
[11:09] Richardus Raymaker: av_capsule_standup_tensor_linux = 1700000
[11:09] Nebadon Izumi: great thanks Snowdrop
[11:09] Richardus Raymaker: that works for me. but its not perfect
[11:09] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[11:09] Nebadon Izumi: best we can do is start a mantis
[11:09] Nebadon Izumi: everyone put what works for them
[11:09] Nebadon Izumi: and we get a nice average
[11:09] Nebadon Izumi: that sorta works for everyone
[11:09] Nebadon Izumi: then we can probably make it work better
[11:09] Nebadon Izumi: no doubt that will be the 1st think Teravus asks us to do though
[11:10] Snowdrop Short: av_capsule_standup_tensor_linux = 1900000
[11:10] Richardus Raymaker: if there's a monatis i will reeply on it if i know the number.
[11:10] Nebadon Izumi: that i dont know
[11:10] Richardus Raymaker: but the capsule dont change the highed from the prim
[11:10] Snowdrop Short: Iøll just pastebin, my opensim ini
[11:10] Nebadon Izumi: hmm well dont be afraid to start another mantis
[11:11] Nebadon Izumi: we can always associate them
[11:11] Snowdrop Short:
[11:11] Fly Man: Morning all :)
[11:11] Nebadon Izumi: Hey Fly-Man-
[11:11] Richardus Raymaker: evening..
[11:11] Charles Krinke: morning
[11:11] Snowdrop Short: that setting works pretty ok on 64 bit linux
[11:11] Youtube Video Player v1.0:
[11:11] Youtube Video Player v1.0:
[11:11] Youtube Video Player v1.0: Enter the title number OR a youtube URL at /4
[11:11] Richardus Raymaker: hi fly-man
[11:12] Snowdrop Short: with ode compiled according to the wiki
[11:12] Fly Man: So, back up and running :)
[11:12] Richardus Raymaker: you have av capsule double. so the first 1 is useless.
[11:12] BlueWall Slade: Hello
[11:12] Nebadon Izumi: yea thank god
[11:12] Snowdrop Short: big round of applause for the people who made it happe
[11:12] Nebadon Izumi: what a pain
[11:12] Nebadon Izumi: hehe but
[11:12] Nebadon Izumi: it highlighted some deficiences we have
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: so it was a success in that regard
[11:13] Charles Krinke: It was all Nebadon's and Adam's efforts.
[11:13] Fly Man: Well, I'm happy that it's going again
[11:13] Richardus Raymaker: thanks nebadon. need to dig into that again.
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: Jereme from ESC lent a hand too
[11:13] Snowdrop Short: Richardus, just grab my OpenSim.ini from the pastebin
[11:13] Fly Man: K, Justin is doing his walk again
[11:13] Fly Man: so I think it's time to start :)
[11:13] Justin Clark-Casey: I'm practising my silly walk
[11:13] Richardus Raymaker: i did.. its on my desktop
[11:13] Charles Krinke: We still have thinkgs held together with duct tape until we get a new server configured
[11:14] Richardus Raymaker: hope you use A grade tape.
[11:14] Justin Clark-Casey: oh man, it's the dancing alien again
[11:14] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[11:14] Justin Clark-Casey: like the dancing baby except more gruesome
[11:14] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[11:14] UUID Speaker: MysticFire Xanadu: 4a0ca302-6ce1-436f-a21c-c6c1917d0cdd
[11:14] UUID Speaker: MysticFire Xanadu: 4a0ca302-6ce1-436f-a21c-c6c1917d0cdd
[11:14] UUID Speaker: MysticFire Xanadu: 4a0ca302-6ce1-436f-a21c-c6c1917d0cdd
[11:14] Nebadon Izumi: my happy dane
[11:14] Nebadon Izumi: dance
[11:14] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[11:14] Richardus Raymaker: sorry, snowman. i will try that setting when i have time.
[11:15] Snowdrop Short: okay
[11:15] Charles Krinke: I think, like normal, we should give the floor to any -dev questions or statements first.
[11:15] Fly Man: *raises hand*
[11:15] Charles Krinke: go ahead, Fly-Man
[11:15] Fly Man: I would like to ask what the current status of the Userserver / Messaging server is
[11:15] Fly Man: as I see many commits about it
[11:16] Fly Man: Anyone can collaberate on it ?
[11:16] Nebadon Izumi: its in a state of Flux
[11:16] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[11:16] Nebadon Izumi: thats about all i can add
[11:16] Justin Clark-Casey: I think you would have to talk to MW about that
[11:16] Fly Man: Okay, will talk to MW about it :)
[11:17] Charles Krinke: I see Mw trying to re-organize it a bit by looking at the commits.
[11:18] Nebadon Izumi: heheh
[11:18] Justin Clark-Casey: charles: DO you know when we might see 0.6.3 installers?
[11:18] Charles Krinke: I'll try a question: "What are the things that used to work, but are broken now?"
[11:19] Richardus Raymaker: is there a way to get the restart button working in the viewer ? make things more easy to reload ini files
[11:19] Ruud Lathrop: I have a Question, what is the idea about J2KDecoderModule?
[11:19] Strawberry Fride: has anyone else had issues with textures crossing sims running on different consoles / servers on 0.6.3>
[11:19] Strawberry Fride: what he said :) thanks Ruud :)
[11:19] Charles Krinke: Justin, I dont know. But it seems a good thing to get one or two folks working on
[11:19] Justin Clark-Casey: Ruud: how do you mean?
[11:19] Nebadon Izumi: only if they are not inline with proper SVN revisions
[11:19] Nebadon Izumi: say older than the cut off to newer than the cut off
[11:19] Ruud Lathrop: Saving texture on a region level?
[11:19] Nebadon Izumi: can be very problematic
[11:19] Justin Clark-Casey: Charles: i think on eo fhte 3di guys does htem?
[11:19] Charles Krinke: J2KDecoderModule is Teravus attempt to load textures more quickly
[11:19] Nebadon Izumi: 8544 is the cut line
[11:20] Nebadon Izumi: i think
[11:20] Richardus Raymaker: i saw only that avatars get white. and sometime i get roth face. bit misformed. rebake fix it mostly.
[11:20] Ruud Lathrop: But doesnt work if you run multiple instances of Regions, or atleast wonky
[11:20] Jeff Genkii: Justin: I think adjohn is working on a 0.6.3 windows installer
[11:20] Nebadon Izumi: Hey Jeff
[11:20] Nebadon Izumi: hows it going man
[11:20] Justin Clark-Casey: Ruud: Ah, that may be something to bring up. I havent' seen that problem yet and I have a server running multiple regions (on linux)
[11:20] Justin Clark-Casey: Jeff: cool
[11:20] Charles Krinke: Everyone able to get trunk to work? And, morning, er, evening, Jeff.
[11:21] Fly Man: Trunk is running fine on MySQL and NHibernate now
[11:21] Snowdrop Short: what is the status on NHibernate?
[11:21] Jeff Genkii: heh, morning (4 am here) :)
[11:21] Fly Man: Nhibernate is working
[11:21] Justin Clark-Casey: jeff: Insomnia?
[11:22] Fly Man: but we're still on a break of the UserData stuff
[11:22] Fly Man: a bug from Mono or the team makes it spill up
[11:22] Charles Krinke: Is mono-2.2 better then previous mono's for everyone?
[11:22] Fly Man has 2.5 trunk and that runs sweet
[11:23] Snowdrop Short: isn't that 2.4?
[11:23] Richardus Raymaker: for now 2.2 works fine with suse 11.1
[11:23] Fly Man: 2.5 now
[11:23] Snowdrop Short: what is the lowest level we support?
[11:23] Richardus Raymaker: ok. cpu still climbing. never see it go much down.
[11:23] Jeff Genkii: Justin: nope, cleaning things up for an imminent product release
[11:23] Charles Krinke: I *think* mono-2.2 is the latest released mono, is it not? I have been trying to recommend we strive to use the latest released mono, whatever it is.
[11:24] Nebadon Izumi: oh look at that handsom devil on the picture board :P
[11:24] Justin Clark-Casey: snowdrop: 1.9.1
[11:24] Charles Krinke: probably 1.9.1, SnowDrop
[11:24] Snowdrop Short: ubuntu won't go 2.2 until end of april
[11:24] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[11:24] Ruud Lathrop: Which .NET version is compatible with mono-2.2? 2 or 3?
[11:24] Snowdrop Short: 3
[11:24] Charles Krinke: When I say "released" mono, I am thinking of the mono web site, not the various distributions, actually.
[11:25] Fly Man: Charles, how did the 8572 run on your regions so far ?
[11:25] Snowdrop Short: but but no linq to sql
[11:25] Charles Krinke: seems to be fine, they are running
[11:25] Fly Man: no hard messages ?
[11:26] Charles Krinke: consoles seem nominal, but I have not logged into them. Others are building there and I am getting homestead messages.
[11:26] Charles Krinke: via e-mail
[11:26] Fly Man: Nice :)
[11:26] Richardus Raymaker: looks pretty stable here. low avarage load.
[11:26] Justin Clark-Casey: did everybody make it through the interface bump, or have the UGAIM servers not reached it yet?
[11:26] Fly Man: Yeah, the UGAIM is up to 3 ?
[11:26] Charles Krinke: IF they were broken, I suspect the homesteaders would be e-mailing me that complaint.
[11:27] Fly Man: Charles, as I was about to suggest to declare the 8572 as a preferred for this week
[11:27] Charles Krinke: Question for the -dev's: "Are we getting better with our Mantis notes and observations?" What else can we do to improve the test observations?
[11:27] Justin Clark-Casey: I don't see any noticeable change
[11:28] Charles Krinke: Fly-Man. If Nebadon agrees, I have no objections.
[11:28] Nebadon Izumi: ok
[11:28] Nebadon Izumi: i will take Fly-mans word for it
[11:28] Nebadon Izumi: i have not had the time for proper testing
[11:28] Fly Man: Then let's postpone it until Saturday
[11:28] Nebadon Izumi: ok
[11:28] Justin Clark-Casey: charles: I do have a question for you (and other people). What do you think the useability of OpenSim is like for non-developers?
[11:28] Fly Man: Then I have the Q&A again
[11:29] Dahlia Trimble: Hi :)
[11:29] Nebadon Izumi: Hey Dahlia
[11:29] Justin Clark-Casey: hello dahlia
[11:29] Nebadon Izumi: welcome to the Party :)
[11:29] Strawberry Fride: Hi Dahlia :)
[11:29] Dahlia Trimble: :)
[11:29] Charles Krinke: Justin: folks are homesteading on my personal regions and no one is complaining so I would say "pretty good"
[11:29] Dahlia Trimble: can't stay long :/
[11:29] Charles Krinke: Then, you should have the floor if you wish it, Dahlia.
[11:29] Justin Clark-Casey: charles: but I presume they are people who aren't running their own servers?
[11:30] Fly Man: Justin, it's just the step to setup their own regions ...
[11:30] Dahlia Trimble: I don't really have any issues now
[11:30] Fly Man: when they have taken that step, all runs like it should :)
[11:30] Charles Krinke: Justin. Right. Homesteaders by definition are folks occupying a 1024m parcel
[11:31] Justin Clark-Casey: Fly-Man: Do you think a lot of the stuff lying about in OpenSim (the optional modules, strange console commands that don't do anything, etc.) is confusing, or does it not really matter?
[11:31] Fly Man: Well, it's mostly the setting up
[11:31] Fly Man: How to get it working
[11:31] Fly Man: that confuses many ppl
[11:31] Fly Man: and the agony of not getting it right the first time
[11:31] Fly Man: routers and NAT can be a pain in the ass ;)
[11:31] Justin Clark-Casey: You mean all the stuff in OpenSim.ini that needs twiddling, and the process of setting up region xml?
[11:32] Richardus Raymaker: big pain
[11:32] Justin Clark-Casey: yeah, the network stuff is hard to do anything about :)
[11:32] Snowdrop Short: I've been thinking about a tools for helping with setting up
[11:32] Fly Man: Most people that I talk to are using the recommended zip from the OSgrid website
[11:32] Fly Man: that I ask nebadon to create before every Q&A on Saturday
[11:32] Justin Clark-Casey: Fly-Man: that zip comes with the appropriate osgrid parameters already set up?
[11:32] Fly Man: Yes
[11:32] Justin Clark-Casey: cool
[11:33] Fly Man: All things are already setup for them
[11:33] Justin Clark-Casey: Snowdrop: Sounds interesting
[11:33] Snowdrop Short: I found an ok open upnp library the other day
[11:33] Fly Man: all they need to do is to unpack it
[11:33] Fly Man: and run it
[11:33] Snowdrop Short: combine that with a ping tool and a decent ui
[11:33] Nebadon Izumi: also the osgrid release has ossearch preinstalled
[11:33] Fly Man: That way we don't have that much fuss about a ; being missed or something
[11:33] Nebadon Izumi: and ready to go
[11:33] Nebadon Izumi: out of the box
[11:33] Fly Man: Yes, and hopefully in March the osprofile as well
[11:34] Fly Man: so you can setup Picks and Classifieds
[11:34] Michelle Argus D
[11:34] Fly Man: because that's also 1 of the things that ppl would like
[11:34] Fly Man: to setup Picks, Notes and Classifieds
[11:34] Fly Man: the Classifieds are being shown in the Search then
[11:34] Fly Man: so that's where ossearch and osprofile find each other
[11:35] Snowdrop Short: one of the problems with setting up search and profile is finding out what the settings are supposed to be
[11:35] Fly Man: Snowdrop, nope ;)
[11:35] Fly Man: If you download the zip from the website
[11:35] Fly Man: you can't go wrong
[11:35] Snowdrop Short: ok, it was for me
[11:35] Fly Man: as I test that one every time before I enter the Q&A hour
[11:35] Fly Man: so I know that it works for me and will for others
[11:36] Fly Man: but Justin, why this Q ?
[11:36] Fly Man: Do you have the feeling that there's new ppl that can't get it to run ?
[11:36] Nebadon Izumi: well i have to admit i screwed up the last release
[11:36] Adam Genkii: Hey
[11:37] Nebadon Izumi: but i fixed it last night
[11:37] Nebadon Izumi: i had a major typo in the opensim.ini
[11:37] Justin Clark-Casey: Fly-Man: Well, there seems to be a little more frustration in irc recently - but that is very anecdotal
[11:37] Nebadon Izumi: but i fixed it and reuploaded it
[11:37] Fly Man: Justin, I think we should see where ppl go wrong
[11:37] Fly Man: or what ppl look for
[11:37] Nebadon Izumi: so there could be a few bad copies floating about of the current release
[11:37] Justin Clark-Casey: But I don't thik that the opensim core team is geared towards making the server useable unless you've really studied it
[11:38] Fly Man: Justin, maybe next to the Mantis a system that ppl can use
[11:38] Fly Man: a FAQ, Helpers online, etc idea
[11:38] Dahlia Trimble: is the setup section of the wiki up to date?
[11:38] BlueWall Slade: I needed to bring up a standalone for some development work and it was very easy
[11:38] sim core wonders if others noticed the link-region commands in startup.txt do not seem to work since version .8250
[11:38] Nebadon Izumi: heh i dobt it
[11:38] Fly Man: But this is the main point
[11:38] Fly Man: "Core deevelopers are no helpdesk ppl"
[11:38] Justin Clark-Casey: sim: Has that not turned into "link region" instead?
[11:39] Nebadon Izumi: ya i think the dashes are all dropped now
[11:39] Fly Man: and I have the feeling that some ppl are "angered" by that
[11:39] Nebadon Izumi: except on UGAIM server
[11:39] Nebadon Izumi: but simulator no more dashed commands
[11:39] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: most of them are, but not all (confusingly)
[11:39] Charles Krinke: What we had been doing is teaching each noe comer and then asking them to teach the next two newcomers
[11:39] Nebadon Izumi: ah ok
[11:39] Nebadon Izumi: i know most are
[11:39] Dahlia Trimble: I try to answer questions when I know, but I dont really remember all the subtle details of setting up a region for the first time
[11:39] Nebadon Izumi: probably a few stragglers like logoff-user
[11:39] Justin Clark-Casey: yep
[11:39] Fly Man: Well, and as a programmer, I know the feeling
[11:39] Fly Man: "Manuals, what are those ??"
[11:39] Fly Man: "You'll learn when you do it"
[11:40] sim core: ( When I copy paste them again, they wirk )
[11:40] Charles Krinke: Do we want to host "Office Hour" once every other week or "Q&A Hour" once every other week on a different region or grid to get some additional test data?
[11:40] Fly Man: And when it then fails, ppl get angry
[11:40] Justin Clark-Casey: fly: I agree that they are not 'help desk' people - I just wonder if that hasn't gone a bit too far the other way on occasion
[11:40] sim core: *Work
[11:40] sim core: I'll check, thank-you :-)
[11:40] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[11:40] Justin Clark-Casey: sim: oh, I might be wrong then. Sorry, I don't know why that doesn't work in startup in that case
[11:40] Fly Man: Charles, yes
[11:41] Charles Krinke: I say again: What we had been doing is teaching each new comer and then asking them to teach the next two newcomers. That multiplies the effort of all of us.
[11:41] Fly Man: but that would need intensive work
[11:41] Fly Man: Each region would be able to host Q&A or Office Hours
[11:41] Snowdrop Short: I know there's been some talk about training in setting up servers on the metaversity
[11:41] Fly Man: but maybe we need to evolve 1 hour back
[11:41] sim core: Region ( Babylon 6.3.8585 Hub) # link region 9099 9099 9000 !!!-to-station 19:41:17 - Invalid command
[11:41] Justin Clark-Casey: charles: True, though there are periods of time when no-one (except the original developer) knows what's going on
[11:41] Fly Man: the Wiki Hour
[11:41] Fly Man: as it was every Thursday
[11:41] Justin Clark-Casey: and they ain't doing the teaching :D
[11:42] Fly Man: and then all of a sudden it was gone ...
[11:42] Nebadon Izumi: ya honestly wiki hour to me
[11:42] Justin Clark-Casey: sim: which opensim version are you running?
[11:42] Nebadon Izumi: doesnt sound liek a fun time
[11:42] Justin Clark-Casey: ha ha ha
[11:42] Nebadon Izumi: not sure id run to a "wiki hour" myself
[11:42] Dahlia Trimble: sim maybe the !!! is confusing it?
[11:42] Justin Clark-Casey: wiki orgy hour?
[11:42] Nebadon Izumi: we need to chocolate coat that some how
[11:42] Charles Krinke: Are we at the stage where we need a second "Office Hour" to favor Europe and Asia? Probably with a different set of participants?
[11:42] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[11:43] Fly Man: Well, the point is
[11:43] Fly Man: Office Hour is Universal
[11:43] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[11:43] Justin Clark-Casey: charles: that sounds like a good idea to me. Maybe concentrate on something that is good for the japan/australia folks (since this is 4am to them)
[11:43] Fly Man: but I would think setting up a Office Hour for parts of the World would work as well
[11:43] Charles Krinke: Just tryin gto get our "thinkers" revved up.
[11:43] Richardus Raymaker: the time we now use here is in european time too.
[11:44] Fly Man: But then, each Office Hour would need a Schedule
[11:44] Dahlia Trimble: this office hour conflicts with andrew linden's OH, and I'd like to attend his on occasion
[11:44] sim core: 6.3.8585, justin :-J
[11:44] Fly Man: Things we do in other Office Hours as well
[11:44] Fly Man: We would need 5 Charles ;)
[11:44] sim core: It's not the !!!, it'S only since version .8250 approx :-)
[11:44] Charles Krinke: We need another "zealot"
[11:45] Fly Man: Well, I would take the Office Hour USA yourself Charles
[11:45] Richardus Raymaker: osgird need a 19" rack full of servers :)
[11:45] Nebadon Izumi: heh we are probably pretty close to that now
[11:45] Nebadon Izumi: just spread around the country
[11:45] Fly Man: and I think Sascha and me would do the Office Hour Europe
[11:45] Charles Krinke: Richaradus. We know. But, we can only get them asmoney is available.
[11:45] Richardus Raymaker: i know...
[11:45] Dahlia Trimble: spread around the planet ;)
[11:46] Fly Man: So, who would be doing the Office Hour Asia
[11:46] Nebadon Izumi: well i meant grid controlled servers
[11:46] Justin Clark-Casey: ever considered doing a donation drive (a la wikipedia?)
[11:46] Nebadon Izumi: but ya i estimate the total grid hardware to be around 500-600 servers
[11:46] Nebadon Izumi: as of today
[11:46] Adam Genkii: I can help with Asia
[11:46] Nebadon Izumi: Hey Adam
[11:46] Nebadon Izumi: hows it going man
[11:46] Adam Genkii: Hey
[11:46] Nebadon Izumi: long time no see
[11:47] Fly Man: How does that sound Charles ?
[11:47] Adam Genkii: Tired :)
[11:47] Charles Krinke: I would say that one or two groups should take the idea, get support (at least a little bit from at least one core developer) and run with the idea.
[11:47] Adam Genkii: How about yourself?
[11:47] Nebadon Izumi: doing good
[11:47] Charles Krinke: This whole thing should not be limited by anyone person
[11:47] Nebadon Izumi: rough morning, but we got things ironed out
[11:47] Charles Krinke: It is too Biiiiig
[11:48] Adam Genkii: Well chillken and I are in japan
[11:48] Charles Krinke: here is the football. The goal post is ------> thataway
[11:48] sim core: Is there a delay that can be put tothe startup file, that way I could delay the execution?
[11:48] Adam Genkii: And I would guess 3di peeps would like a friendly time
[11:48] Nebadon Izumi turns up the volume for this video
[11:48] Justin Clark-Casey: sim: I don't think so
[11:49] Fly Man: Charles, if you can make up a list of things that we want to discuss in the Office Hour
[11:49] Charles Krinke: If you hold this new "Office Hour" on OSGrid somewhere, you gain my undying support
[11:49] sim core: ( I think that's why my link doesn't work, too fast before the whole server is started :-)
[11:49] Fly Man: then that would make it easier :)
[11:49] Adam Genkii: Sounds good
[11:49] Justin Clark-Casey: sim: do you see link-region when you type help?
[11:49] Charles Krinke: Fly-Man, good point. Is it fair to say this could be a wiki that anyone can add/edit and we make it dynamic for all.
[11:49] sim core: Yes, I link 6 manually after
[11:49] BlueWall Slade: and if WP crashes fro some reason, you can use Metaversity Campus as a backup place to regroup
[11:50] Fly Man: Charles, maybe a subpart of the Wiki
[11:50] Fly Man: Namespace OfficeHour
[11:50] Dahlia Trimble: gotta run... bye all :)
[11:50] sim core: It's just not working from the startup file, seems they execute too early for opensim :-)
[11:50] BlueWall Slade: Bye
[11:50] Nebadon Izumi: bubye dahlia
[11:50] Fly Man: That would be the fastest way
[11:50] Snowdrop Short: I've gotta run too
[11:50] Nebadon Izumi: hey
[11:50] sim core: See-you, dahlia :-)
[11:50] Charles Krinke: I havent got anymore bandwidth, so someone else needs to take that mini-project on and I will follow it
[11:50] Nebadon Izumi: let me check the campus
[11:50] Nebadon Izumi: hang on
[11:50] Justin Clark-Casey: bye snowdrop
[11:50] Richardus Raymaker: bye snowdrop
[11:50] Richardus Raymaker: testing your settings
[11:50] Nebadon Izumi: looks ok Snow
[11:50] Fly Man: If someone can setup the Namespace OfficeHour
[11:50] Nebadon Izumi: running 45 minutes only
[11:51] Nebadon Izumi: let me know if you have trouble
[11:51] Fly Man: then we could use that as the sarting point
[11:51] Fly Man: starting*
[11:51] sim core: Bye, snow :-)
[11:51] Charles Krinke: anyone can setup a namespace by creating a page.
[11:51] Fly Man: Uhm, a namespace is different from a page ;)
[11:51] Charles Krinke: break, gimme. I have no additional time fo ranother project right now.
[11:52] Charles Krinke: :)
[11:52] Fly Man: K, Charles, can you make a list of the things a Office Hour should have ?
[11:52] Justin Clark-Casey: doughnuts and coffee
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: hehe i see alot of bouncy people when they stand
[11:52] Charles Krinke: but I will support others movin gforward.
[11:52] Fly Man: *lol*
[11:52] Justin Clark-Casey: I bet bluewall feels sick now
[11:53] BlueWall Slade: weeeee
[11:53] Nebadon Izumi: oh my
[11:53] Nebadon Izumi: we are using almost 3gb ram
[11:53] Nebadon Izumi: on this region
[11:53] Nebadon Izumi: rofl
[11:53] Nebadon Izumi: ooouwch
[11:53] Adam Genkii: Mmmmm
[11:53] BlueWall Slade: heading to Metaversity Campus
[11:53] BlueWall Slade: see you all later :)
[11:53] Nebadon Izumi: alrighty Blue
[11:53] MysticFire Xanadu: bye Blue
[11:53] Charles Krinke: We are probably abou tto float off to never-never land
[11:53] sim core: Anyhow, great job on the latest updates, hypergrid is becomming more stable now :-)
[11:53] Richardus Raymaker: bye blue
[11:53] Charles Krinke: Thats great, sim core.
[11:53] sim core: See-you, blue
[11:53] Richardus Raymaker: cool news simcore
[11:53] sacha Magne: sorry guyz, i can't move
[11:53] BlueWall Slade crosrosses his fingers
[11:54] Charles Krinke: I would encourage m ore HyperGrid pages on the wiki
[11:54] sim core: Hehe
[11:54] t an: yah moving here now is pretty 'interesting'
[11:54] Nebadon Izumi: hehe ya its swapping ram
[11:54] Nebadon Izumi: its game over here
[11:54] Nebadon Izumi: pretty much
[11:54] Justin Clark-Casey: well, it's nearly 2000 UTC anyway
[11:54] Fly Man: and a simple Q:
[11:54] Charles Krinke: Ok. back to IRC, methinks.
[11:55] Fly Man: Where are the Lindens ?
[11:55] Nebadon Izumi: nice though
[11:55] Nebadon Izumi: amazing we even had this meeting
[11:55] Fly Man: I haven't seen one for the last weeks ?
[11:55] Nebadon Izumi: bravo
[11:55] sim core: That would be something, being able to clear unused reserved memory, I see a lot of it and it accumulates but never recedes when not needed :-)
[11:55] Charles Krinke: selling MMOX to Prok, Gareth and Fortrerra
[11:55] experaments experaments: hi
[11:55] Justin Clark-Casey: We're holding on to references again somewhere - really difficult to pin that down - need more code discipline :(
[11:55] t an: is there some #opensim-meeting channel you are gona continue on, or just on #opensim or -dev or what?
[11:55] Nebadon Izumi: ya if we can get a grip on memory usage we might just have something here
[11:55] Nebadon Izumi: :)
[11:56] Fly Man: Nebadon, Profiling ;)
[11:56] Justin Clark-Casey: this meeting only lasts an hour anyway, t
[11:56] t an: yah i was gonna mention profiling too
[11:56] Fly Man: but still .. only 2 people gave their profiling
[11:56] Strawberry Fride: so no-one else is having these issues with jpeg problems?
[11:56] Charles Krinke: gotta go. thanks all.
[11:56] Fly Man: so i;m on 5 now
[11:56] Justin Clark-Casey: well, the profiling tools people have tried puke all over their shoes very quickly after OpenSim starts up
[11:56] Strawberry Fride: guessing we gotta do more tests, Ruud :)
[11:56] Nebadon Izumi: i have not seen any issues yet Strawberry
[11:56] Justin Clark-Casey: somehow they can't cope
[11:56] t an: :/
[11:56] Strawberry Fride: I got indexoutofbounds exceptions
[11:56] t an: call microsoft and complain
[11:57] Justin Clark-Casey: strawberry: what kind of problems, exactly?
[11:57] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[11:57] Strawberry Fride: avatars were all cloudy
[11:57] Justin Clark-Casey: strawberry: what kind of exceptions?
[11:57] Strawberry Fride: with a couple of exceptions
[11:57] t an: say you switch to java unless you can profile mem usage
[11:57] Justin Clark-Casey: it is possible to turn that module off btw
[11:57] Fly Man: Strawberry, what are the regions
[11:57] Strawberry Fride: indexoutofbounds with the jpeg libraries
[11:57] Strawberry Fride: 0.6.3
[11:57] Nebadon Izumi: hmm
[11:57] Strawberry Fride: post fixes
[11:57] Nebadon Izumi: 64 bit?
[11:57] Fly Man: because sometimes this is a thing from "lower then 8542"
[11:57] Justin Clark-Casey: although don't ask me how. It can be made to revert to sending down full textures
[11:57] Strawberry Fride: yes
[11:57] Nebadon Izumi: maybe it needs to be recompiled
[11:57] Nebadon Izumi: i bet thats why
[11:57] Strawberry Fride: I did fresh checkout
[11:57] Justin Clark-Casey: Strawberry: sounds like it's worth a mantis so that Teravus can see it
[11:57] Strawberry Fride: all sim servers
[11:58] Strawberry Fride: yeah - thought it might be
[11:58] Strawberry Fride: afternoon been so hectic not had time to gather my logs together
[11:58] Nebadon Izumi: ya i bet you need to recompile openjpg
[11:58] Nebadon Izumi: that sounds like a conversion issue
[11:58] sim core: I had cloudy avatar problems pre.8270 version, not anymore :-)
[11:58] Nebadon Izumi: that makes sense sim core
[11:58] Nebadon Izumi: 8544 si the cut off
[11:58] Nebadon Izumi: 8270 would be very bad on this grid right now

Personal tools
About This Wiki