Chat log from the meeting on 2009-02-03

From OpenSimulator

Jump to: navigation, search

Tuesday Meeting @ Wright Plaza on OSGrid

[11:04] Richardus Raymaker: hi nebadon
[11:04] Nebadon Izumi: Hey teravus
[11:04] Nebadon Izumi: Hey Richardus
[11:04] Teravus Ousley: hello.
[11:04] Snowdrop Short: hi
[11:04] Teravus Ousley: 10 minutes early.. so no worries.
[11:04] Richardus Raymaker: hi teravus, snowdrop,
[11:05] Snowdrop Short: I cannot run video in here, it crashes immediately
[11:05] Nebadon Izumi: if you can watch video press play
[11:05] Nebadon Izumi: ah bummer
[11:06] Snowdrop Short: some 32/64 bit thing
[11:06] Nebadon Izumi: ah ya if your 64 bit
[11:06] Nebadon Izumi: i could see video being problematic
[11:06] Snowdrop Short nods
[11:06] Snowdrop Short: I'm stubborn in that regard
[11:06] Richardus Raymaker: is the buy / sit error fixed in 64bit ?
[11:06] Snowdrop Short: I bought a 64 bit computer
[11:06] Richardus Raymaker: dont have video :(
[11:07] Snowdrop Short: so I want to use all of them
[11:07] Nebadon Izumi: not sure Richardus i currently dont have any 64 bit machines
[11:07] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[11:07] Snowdrop Short: I saw the bug about a week ago
[11:07] Snowdrop Short: I haven't seen it since
[11:07] Snowdrop Short: but I have been out of world a lot
[11:08] Snowdrop Short: I've got this client application I'm working
[11:08] Snowdrop Short: slow going, but it is getting there
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: michelle did you see this
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi:
[11:09] Nebadon Izumi: im going to past video from your party on Youtube soon
[11:09] Michelle Argus: yes, i saw it ;)
[11:09] Nebadon Izumi: nice
[11:09] Nebadon Izumi: i should have more up on youtube before the end of the week
[11:09] Snowdrop Short: thanks :-)
[11:09] Michelle Argus: pitty it wasnt the video showing in the screen, but otherwise well done ;)
[11:09] Richardus Raymaker: i have the same problem snowdrop.. linux 64bit
[11:09] Charles Krinke is Online
[11:11] Nebadon Izumi: hello Charles
[11:11] Wordfromthe Wise: hello @ all
[11:11] Richardus Raymaker: hi charles
[11:11] Charles Krinke: Morning
[11:11] Nuunoi Djaidee: helllo
[11:11] Nebadon Izumi: hehe lagins occuring
[11:11] Nebadon Izumi: should level out soon
[11:11] robert omegamu: hi all
[11:12] Snowdrop Short: hi
[11:12] Charles Krinke: We are having the server for the linuxPlazas upgraded a bit tonight and will go with mono-2.2 release tomorrow, so we will probably see some change in performance.
[11:12] Nebadon Izumi: hello everyone just getting here
[11:12] Nebadon Izumi: getting starting soon
[11:12] Garlande Greene: Waves
[11:13] Snowdrop Short: teravous will stay open for the next couple of hours I hope
[11:13] Charles Krinke: I have a couple of minor things to suggest before the meeting gets going
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: should do fine
[11:14] Charles Krinke: A C# class is forming and the formation meeting is right after this meeting on "Teravus Plaza". This might be a good way for folks to learn C# by thinking about 1) Applying patches with comments in the autodoc format 2) Studying region modules 3) Helping to write the OpenSim Technical Manual of the source
[11:14] Teravus Ousley: morn/noon/evening/night everyone
[11:15] robert omegamu: hi again teravus oh and looking forward to that class charles :-)
[11:15] Richardus Raymaker: still waiting for VS 2008 pro
[11:16] Charles Krinke: Also, I would like to suggest that we consider putting some interesting regions like "Port Edward", "M1 Rock" and others on our loginscreen to help new folks find some of the wonderful creations on OSGrid.
[11:16] Snowdrop Short: I think we'll focus of C# express and Mono-develop
[11:16] Michelle Argus: nice to here charles ;)
[11:16] Chris D is Online
[11:17] Charles Krinke: Sounds good, Snowdrop. I was just trying to come up with some suggestions that might help get momentum
[11:17] Snowdrop Short nods, any advise is more than welcome
[11:17] Charles Krinke: I'm in the office. I will try to be at the next meeting unless my engineers come in crying "The Sky Is Falling"
[11:19] Charles Krinke: Ok. Its 11:00AM PST, 1900UTC. I would think the first agenda item is "recommended" release. Do we have any comments, suggestions, feelings on the current stability of trunk and a "recommended" release for the next week.
[11:21] Charles Krinke: Are we running?
[11:21] Michelle Argus: yip
[11:21] Wordfromthe Wise: y
[11:21] Snowdrop Short: yes
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: i have had fairly good stability last few days
[11:21] Garlande Greene: nods
[11:21] Charles Krinke: phew. Be still my beating heart
[11:21] Snowdrop Short: although I don't have a suggestion
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: the plaazas seem to be a bit more stable than recent weeks
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: even on and near head
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: i feel pretty comfortable doing a release
[11:22] Nebadon Izumi: but what exact version is a good question
[11:22] Chris D: +1 on that, head seems pretty stable
[11:22] Simulator Version v0.4b shouts: OpenSimulator Server (OS Fedora Core release 6 (Zod) Kernel \r on an \) ChilTasks:True PhysPrim:False on Mono 2.3a
[11:22] Richardus Raymaker: 8179 gave me some 0fps sims. but that one is pretty old i guess
[11:22] Nebadon Izumi: 8202 here
[11:22] Charles Krinke: Have we made any progress on our "Roadmap" to get to the next release? I was thinking more of the "recommended" version, which was 0.6.2 for a couple of weeks (r8068), but can possibly be advanced nearer to trunk
[11:23] Nebadon Izumi: hmm that I can not say
[11:24] Wordfromthe Wise: 8230 is running good on my connected sim
[11:24] Nebadon Izumi: i honestly have not inspected every patch
[11:24] Wordfromthe Wise: are there any scripts or set of functions we can/should (stress)test the sims with ?
[11:25] Chris D: It would be nice to include a release with divas latest HG teleport patch
[11:25] Charles Krinke: Would it make sense to note r8230 as the "recommended" on both opensim and osgrid wiki's and not make a release quite yet?
[11:25] Nebadon Izumi: sure
[11:25] Snowdrop Short: I never really notice my revision, I'm updating from head almost daily
[11:25] Nebadon Izumi: why dont we start out with me making a 8230 release this afternoon
[11:25] Nebadon Izumi: if there are no complaints in 24 hours
[11:25] Nebadon Izumi: lets tag it
[11:25] Charles Krinke: On the release question, I am getting a little pushback on roadmap issues which I have been ignoring in the interest of stability for the last couple of releases.
[11:26] Wordfromthe Wise: some bigger german region woners just yesterday said the find the -8089 very stable
[11:26] Charles Krinke: I have no objection to a release if no one else does.
[11:26] Nebadon Izumi: ok, i'll push out opensim release today for sure
[11:27] Nebadon Izumi: and when your happy go for it
[11:27] Nebadon Izumi: sorry osgrid release
[11:27] Charles Krinke: Yes, I have heard that r8069 (aka 0.6.2) is a stable version. There is buzz on the internet to that effect.
[11:27] Nebadon Izumi: yea i have not seen any decline in stability since that time really
[11:27] Nebadon Izumi: there was some hiccups in between
[11:28] Nebadon Izumi: but all have been delt with i think
[11:28] Charles Krinke: I think the trick is to get to where most folks feel comfortable with 0.6.3 becoming tagged.
[11:28] Nebadon Izumi: Teravus are you worried about the Rex patch?
[11:28] Nebadon Izumi: i saw you had some comments to Sempuki
[11:28] Nebadon Izumi: wonder if we should not include that in our release
[11:29] Nebadon Izumi: well if he does not respont now i will check with him befor releaseing the osgrid version
[11:29] Charles Krinke: +1
[11:29] Justin Clark-Casey is Online
[11:29] Snowdrop Short: I have this feeling that rex is a kind of stepchild
[11:30] Charles Krinke: Yes, but we are trying to get past that.
[11:30] Snowdrop Short: what is the plan for rex
[11:30] Snowdrop Short: part of core eventurally?
[11:30] Nebadon Izumi: they are becomeing more modular
[11:30] Charles Krinke: As a module that can be used with OpenSim
[11:30] Nebadon Izumi: but lots of growing pains
[11:30] Teravus Ousley: Right, a module :)
[11:30] Nebadon Izumi: it will be some time before the kinks are ironed out
[11:30] Justin Clark-Casey: man, this is lagged to hell
[11:30] Charles Krinke: like OSSearch is a module
[11:30] Charles Krinke: whiner
[11:30] Nebadon Izumi: give it a minute it will stablize
[11:31] Nebadon Izumi: logins kill it
[11:31] Alyvaral Aeghin: LOL, HI Everyone!
[11:31] Nebadon Izumi: give it3-4 minutes
[11:31] Nebadon Izumi: it will right itself out
[11:31] Snowdrop Short: configuring OSSearch is way too difficult I think
[11:31] Alyvaral Aeghin: God I love this Lag!
[11:31] Nebadon Izumi: its not
[11:31] Whump Linden: Damn, I need to make some better pants.
[11:31] Nebadon Izumi: i made it easy
[11:31] Nebadon Izumi: hang on
[11:31] Snowdrop Short: I spent most of a day to get it to work on OSGrid in my sim
[11:31] Nebadon Izumi:
[11:32] Nebadon Izumi: here is a ready to go drop in search module with instructions
[11:32] Snowdrop Short: great
[11:32] Nebadon Izumi: im just not advertising it really yet
[11:32] Charles Krinke: Morning, Whump. How are you? Anything you would like to bring up from the Linden viewpoint?
[11:32] Nebadon Izumi: still being testted
[11:32] Snowdrop Short: that'll help a lot
[11:32] Nebadon Izumi: Hello Whump
[11:32] Nebadon Izumi: long time no see
[11:33] Snowdrop Short: I like that the sample ini is for osgrid
[11:33] Snowdrop Short: that was the biggest hurle for me
[11:33] Justin Clark-Casey is Online
[11:33] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[11:33] Snowdrop Short: hurdle, even
[11:33] Nebadon Izumi: we have not made it easy yet
[11:33] Alyvaral Aeghin whispers: LOL
[11:33] Nebadon Izumi: this is 1st step towards that
[11:33] Nebadon Izumi: mostly its been testing so far
[11:34] Alyvaral Aeghin: dangit, guess I'll stand
[11:34] Snowdrop Short: runs like a charm for me, but then again it is only a sim, not grid server stuff
[11:34] Nebadon Izumi: couch might get whacky
[11:34] Nebadon Izumi: give it a minute to load up
[11:34] Nebadon Izumi: need to sit on the circles
[11:34] Nebadon Izumi: not the couch itself
[11:34] Nebadon Izumi: its 2 parts
[11:34] Charles Krinke: also, to sit, click on the almost hidden cushion
[11:34] Alyvaral Aeghin: Thank you neb ;p
[11:35] Charles Krinke: Plus, we need to move the almost hidden cushions forward a few cm.
[11:35] Nebadon Izumi: hehe ok after meeting i will make it a bit easier
[11:35] Snowdrop Short: is there some kind of merge tool for .ini files?
[11:35] Snowdrop Short: it might make installation even easier
[11:35] Nebadon Izumi: not that i know of
[11:35] Nebadon Izumi: its very manual
[11:36] Charles Krinke: I'd like to hear from Whump, Teravus or Justin for anything they might want to bring up.
[11:36] Nebadon Izumi: i dont see whump
[11:36] Nebadon Izumi: is he here?
[11:36] Alyvaral Aeghin: was outside
[11:36] Charles Krinke: I thought he was.
[11:36] Nebadon Izumi: ah ok
[11:36] Starky Rubble: outside I htinkk
[11:36] Nebadon Izumi: yea i saw him type
[11:36] Nebadon Izumi: but never saw his avatar
[11:37] Starky Rubble: I just saw him down front
[11:37] Nebadon Izumi: we might have lost him
[11:37] Nebadon Izumi: maybe he will return
[11:37] Teravus Ousley: Well, what are your thoughts on the way the texture system works right now?
[11:37] Justin Clark-Casey is Online
[11:38] Nebadon Izumi: one thing i noticed Ter
[11:38] Nebadon Izumi: on teleports the decode is harsh
[11:38] Nebadon Izumi: 3000+ time on all my textures it seems
[11:38] Starky Rubble: I am having terrible troble applying textures to colthing
[11:38] Chris D is Offline
[11:38] Nebadon Izumi: and we implement a decode delay on TP?
[11:38] Nebadon Izumi: let the person get rezzed in
[11:38] Nebadon Izumi: the surroundings
[11:39] Nebadon Izumi: then decode the avatar
[11:39] Wordfromthe Wise: whump is a cloud :-)
[11:39] Nebadon Izumi: oh thats why i couldnt find him
[11:39] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[11:39] Snowdrop Short: texture bug, probably
[11:39] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[11:39] Teravus Ousley: well, one thing that I do intend to do is make the decode take place in a second thread outside of the client thread
[11:39] Nebadon Izumi: ok
[11:39] Snowdrop Short: hi Whump
[11:39] Nebadon Izumi: that would probably help
[11:39] Nebadon Izumi: its real harsh
[11:39] Whump Linden: / hey, had to get some pants
[11:40] Teravus Ousley: I see him as a guy with an OGP shirt on :)
[11:40] Nebadon Izumi: give it time
[11:40] Nebadon Izumi: he will load
[11:40] Nebadon Izumi: things take forever under these conditions
[11:40] Nuunoi Djaidee: dont caaree for pants, is mature here
[11:40] Snowdrop Short: speaking of textures
[11:41] Justin Clark-Casey: ping
[11:41] BlueWall Slade is Online
[11:41] Justin Clark-Casey: ping
[11:41] Nebadon Izumi: welcome back justin
[11:41] Charles Krinke: What are the issues besides testing the texture stuff that matters this week?
[11:41] Teravus Ousley: 'speaking of textures....'
[11:42] Justin Clark-Casey: indeed, "speaking of texture..."
[11:42] Justin Clark-Casey: textures
[11:42] Snowdrop Short: I see him now
[11:42] Snowdrop Short: face is grey, but everything else is fine
[11:42] Teravus Ousley: ahh
[11:42] Nebadon Izumi: ya things tend to get sent out slow with this type of load
[11:42] Nebadon Izumi: it takes a while for everyone to get the updates
[11:43] Teravus Ousley: okay, so charles mentioned something about hearing from Whump?
[11:43] Charles Krinke: I want to make a plea again on Mantis reporting that adding a descriptive note to reproduce and even getting a second tester to confirm between windws & linux will help the developeres.
[11:43] Blaksmith Rubble is Online
[11:43] Justin Clark-Casey: if someone could go through some of those mantis bugs and link up stuff that seems to be duplicates, that would be useful too
[11:43] Whump Linden: / Teravus?
[11:44] Teravus Ousley: no?
[11:44] Teravus Ousley: okay.
[11:44] Nebadon Izumi: ya be great to hear from Whump
[11:45] Nebadon Izumi: if you have anything to add whump about linden stuff please feel free
[11:45] Charles Krinke: How goes it, Whump?
[11:45] Teravus Ousley: so, I guess just go through and help clarify bugs, write source code patches with comments, and write wiki articles.
[11:45] Whump Linden: Hey.
[11:45] Justin Clark-Casey: mmm, comments, mmm wiki tidy up, mmmmmm
[11:45] Wordfromthe Wise: or maby 2 regions with the same server version one on windows and linux ?
[11:45] Whump Linden: So nothing to add here. I'm following through with our deployment people about the aditi maintenance.
[11:45] Teravus Ousley: Add your input to
[OpenSim-dev] e-mail list :)
[11:46] Whump Linden: I'll remind folks about Zero's Office Hours this afternoon at 1pm SLT in grasmere if you have questions about Zero's email about OGP development.
[11:46] Wordfromthe Wise: like a mantis island ?
[11:46] Wordfromthe Wise: sorry chatlag
[11:46] Teravus Ousley: I still maintain that I'll implement OGP drafts as they're released. :)
[11:46] Justin Clark-Casey: an island of preying mantises, cripes!
[11:47] Charles Krinke: thank you, Whump. Anyone that wants, should go to that meeting
[11:47] Teravus Ousley:
[11:47] Nebadon Izumi: lol i think youtube crashed
[11:47] Nebadon Izumi: i can not reach it from any server
[11:48] Teravus Ousley: kind of like google crashed on Sun?
[11:48] Teravus Ousley: .. heh.. well.. not crashed.. but was mostly unusable.
[11:48] Nebadon Izumi: heh man its slow took about 5 mintues to load
[11:48] Justin Clark-Casey: looks like pretty high cpu usage - I'm surprised you didn't shut off lbsa?
[11:48] Nebadon Izumi: ya, i guess i could
[11:49] Nebadon Izumi: but its the default fall back
[11:49] Teravus Ousley: Another thing that we could use is blog entries :)
[11:49] Justin Clark-Casey: fair enough
[11:49] Nebadon Izumi: i shut off Lbsa and anyone who hits a dead sim is dead
[11:49] Nebadon Izumi: wont get in
[11:49] Justin Clark-Casey: oh, good point
[11:49] Teravus Ousley: we like blog entries :)
[11:49] Nebadon Izumi: but ya its high for sure
[11:49] Teravus Ousley: Everyone notice that the 'login stall' isn't as bad anymore?
[11:50] Nebadon Izumi: ya a bit i do
[11:50] Charles Krinke: It looks like both Wright Plaza and Lbsa Plaza are having memory leak issues from all the logins (or logouts or teleports away). How can we move that puzzle closer to its destiny?
[11:50] Wordfromthe Wise: ach so .. akira macht auch in land ?
[11:50] Teravus Ousley: Try to induce them in a specific way to isolate what the leak is.
[11:51] Teravus Ousley: Try to limit what you do to a single thing..
[11:51] Teravus Ousley: and keep track of the memory..
[11:52] Elo Beaumont is Offline
[11:52] Teravus Ousley: .. if you find one thing that increases the memory usage as you do it and it's done.. and the memory is still higher it could be the leak.
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: i restarted Lbsa Plaza
[11:52] Teravus Ousley: Keep in mind that when you rez something.. there are textures associated with them.
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: and it took the nasty cpu away it was using up
[11:52] Charles Krinke: Is anyone else seeing memory leaks, or is it just the two linuxPlazas?
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: ya its possible the leaks are releated to locks under stress
[11:53] Nebadon Izumi: only heavy regions leak
[11:53] Snowdrop Short: I have them as well, slowly creeping memory consumption
[11:53] Nebadon Izumi: all my rarely visited sims hardly leak
[11:53] Teravus Ousley: justincc, how long is the asset cache kept also?
[11:54] Justin Clark-Casey: Teravus: the persistent one of the in-memory one?
[11:54] Richardus Raymaker: i see the memory use alwyas go up.
[11:54] Justin Clark-Casey: or
[11:54] Teravus Ousley: yes
[11:54] Teravus Ousley: the in memory one..
[11:54] Teravus Ousley: that lives in AssetCache
[11:54] Nuunoi Djaidee: aint ther special tools on the market to detect memory leaks ?
[11:54] Elo Beaumont is Offline
[11:54] Nuunoi Djaidee: im sure there are
[11:55] Nebadon Izumi: ya but under the stresses we are talking about
[11:55] Nebadon Izumi: they are not effective
[11:55] Nuunoi Djaidee: bad:(
[11:55] Alyvaral Aeghin gave you New direction for Speedbuild.
[11:56] Nuunoi Djaidee: additional code available to track memalloc and free ?
[11:56] BlueWall Slade: maybe we can do some things to see if a pattern emerges, so we can look in that direction?
[11:56] Snowdrop Short: I had nasty surprise with anonymous delegates yesterday
[11:56] Justin Clark-Casey: teravus: I believe it's 24 hours
[11:56] Malmi Mobli: hello, i'm firt time here. how can i add an script to a prime with C# i make this prime with c#. can someone help me please?
[11:56] Nebadon Izumi: hang on
[11:57] Nebadon Izumi: i have wiki page for you
[11:57] BlueWall Slade: freenode - #opensim
[11:57] Nebadon Izumi:
[11:57] Nebadon Izumi: this should tell you how to
[11:57] Teravus Ousley: hmm.. okay.
[11:57] Snowdrop Short:
[11:58] Teravus Ousley: one thing that might add up.. is the avatar's body textures in the asset cache.
[11:59] Nebadon Izumi: ya every teleport it decodes
[11:59] Nebadon Izumi: even if you were just there
[11:59] BlueWall Slade: attachments?
[11:59] Nebadon Izumi: i can verify that
[11:59] Nebadon Izumi: everything i think
[11:59] Charles Krinke: We have 15 minutes left and then two meetings start, one on SL and the other on Teravus Plaza. Lets get any other business out and discussed.
[11:59] Snowdrop Short: I'll leave now, to get ready
[12:00] Nebadon Izumi: hang on Snow
[12:00] Snowdrop Short: wish me luck :(
[12:00] Nebadon Izumi: let me check
[12:00] Nebadon Izumi: looks ok
[12:00] Whump Linden: Charles, Zero's OH don't start until 1pm. So you've got an hour.
[12:00] Nebadon Izumi: let me know if you have trouble
[12:00] Snowdrop Short: ok...
[12:00] Snowdrop Short: thanks
[12:01] BlueWall Slade: we'll be in #osgrid-college
[12:01] BlueWall Slade: as a backline
[12:01] Snowdrop Short: great, thanks
[12:02] Teravus Ousley: Actually, I think the time here is 10-12 minutes behind actual time :)
[12:02] Charles Krinke: Any other business? Dev requests for testers? Tester requests for Devs?
[12:02] Nebadon Izumi: yes
[12:02] Malmi Mobli: is it possible to gererate scripts for prims to runtime? i read infomations from DB an will make objects to add scripts (loadURI) to it. the link is always changing.
[12:02] Nebadon Izumi: the sim time is always wrong
[12:02] Nebadon Izumi: even though the system time is correcty
[12:02] Teravus Ousley: or .. ahead for that matter.
[12:02] Nebadon Izumi: we still really have 10 minutes
[12:03] Charles Krinke: Yes, we seem to have a continuing issue with our clock that is ill understood <sigh>
[12:04] Teravus Ousley: so, I guess it's time for me to start quoting shakespere.. "Brutus, thou art nobile.. but thy honorable meddle may be wrought from..."
[12:04] Charles Krinke: someone drop a hippo on Teravus
[12:04] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[12:04] Garlande Greene: :)
[12:04] Alyvaral Aeghin chuckles
[12:05] Nebadon Izumi: the good news about todays meeting too
[12:05] Garlande Greene: When I write a notecard, I going to put all versions of the time on it.
[12:05] Nebadon Izumi: is that it ran for couple hours before the meeting
[12:05] Nebadon Izumi: almost 3 hhours now its been running this sim
[12:06] Nebadon Izumi: and i even restarted Lbsa plaza on same server during meeting
[12:06] Nebadon Izumi: not sure i have ever done that
[12:06] Charles Krinke: I understand that there is a non-physical bus running on "Port Edward" and carrying passengers, so some folks are making progress on vehicles.
[12:06] Nebadon Izumi: thats probably a first
[12:06] Alyvaral Aeghin: Hurray!
[12:06] Teravus Ousley: client temporary freezes :/
[12:07] Garlande Greene: It is really nice Michelle!
[12:07] BlueWall Slade is Online
[12:07] Charles Krinke: I also hear on Sunday that someone announced they got a physical motorcycle to run for 120m across a sim
[12:08] Teravus Ousley: heh
[12:08] Teravus Ousley: before it fell down?
[12:08] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[12:08] Nebadon Izumi: Hiro mentioned he has a rough car working
[12:08] Michelle Argus: oh, one should also readhere, hihi
[12:08] Charles Krinke: My thought on vehicles is that several folks need to make a test setup to run a vehicle in a controller manner at a region crossing and Mantis the two region consoles as the vehicle attempts to cross so we can get a handle on the exceptions.
[12:08] Teravus Ousley: ++
[12:09] Michelle Argus: well, looks like i will be putting a simple version of the script opensource then
[12:09] Teravus Ousley: We also really need to get a handle on what's supposed to happen when you call the vehicle lsl functions.
[12:09] Teravus Ousley: .. because right now.. our biggest stumbling block to getting any of that implemented.. is.. we just don't really know what does what there yet.
[12:09] Nebadon Izumi: yea that would be cool for sure
[12:09] Blaksmith Rubble is Offline
[12:10] Wordfromthe Wise: did we had a final decison on the new latest stable ?
[12:10] Nebadon Izumi: oh yea Teravus
[12:10] Whump Linden: / needs to run and test and test the login before we put etch on the host. See you all at 1
[12:10] Nebadon Izumi: is the Rex patch you were worried about in SVN?
[12:10] Nebadon Izumi: later Whump thanks for coming
[12:10] Teravus Ousley: Yes.
[12:10] Charles Krinke: thanks, Whump
[12:10] Nebadon Izumi: and Im glad you actually go to see a meeting that didnt crash
[12:11] Charles Krinke: hah
[12:11] Blaksmith Rubble is Online
[12:11] Nebadon Izumi: good meeting though
[12:11] Teravus Ousley: I don't expect it to cause a problem immediately. It's just a matter of having some variables exposed that if changed could cause a problem. It deals more with future work on it.. some of the variables were private to discourage playing with them.
[12:11] Alyvaral Aeghin: I'm out, see ya everyone ;-)
[12:12] Nebadon Izumi: anyone who is interested be sure to check out Snowdrops class on Teravus Plaza
[12:12] Nebadon Izumi: starting now
[12:12] Nebadon Izumi: im sure she would love the support
[12:12] Charles Krinke: Are we set for copying the log to the wiki for today?
[12:12] Nebadon Izumi: yes
[12:12] Nebadon Izumi: i have it in wordpad
[12:12] Nebadon Izumi: and a nice screenshot of the crowd
[12:13] Nebadon Izumi: good success today
[12:13] Charles Krinke: Ok, I'm going to boogie for 5 minutes and then go to Teravus to help the C# for a bit.
[12:13] Nebadon Izumi: last thing i needed today was a grumpy wright plaa
[12:13] Blaksmith Rubble is Offline
[12:13] Nebadon Izumi: what a reilief
[12:13] Teravus Ousley: :)
[12:13] Justin Clark-Casey: so what is Snowdrop's class on?
[12:13] Nebadon Izumi: C#
[12:14] Justin Clark-Casey: I should really learn that language someday
[12:14] Charles Krinke: rofl
[12:14] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[12:14] Blaksmith Rubble is Online
[12:14] Nuunoi Djaidee: download the version from SL and start:)
[12:14] Nuunoi Djaidee: from MS, sry
[12:14] Garlande Greene: Heading to Snowdrops meeting to! Waves and thanks!!
[12:15] Justin Clark-Casey: bah, I want it on my Linux
[12:15] Nebadon Izumi: ok Garlande
[12:15] Teravus Ousley: heh
[12:15] Nebadon Izumi: thanks for coming
[12:15] Malmi Mobli: sorry, but i dont understand the wiki. must i create an API to execute and add a script to a prim with C#? e.g. for the hello wold module from wiki
[12:15] Nebadon Izumi: i'll swing by in a bit
[12:15] Justin Clark-Casey: Malmi: which page?
[12:15] Malmi Mobli: os can this be managed easier
[12:15] Nebadon Izumi: no but you need to make sure Xengine is enable for CS
[12:15] Nebadon Izumi: certain functions probably are blocked too
[12:15] Teravus Ousley: you have to enable it in the opensim.ini.. and then use the comment at the top to tell the compiler to use C#
[12:16] Nebadon Izumi: so if the funtion you required is blocked it might require a module
[12:16] Teravus Ousley: cs I think..
[12:16] Malmi Mobli:
[12:16] Nebadon Izumi: cs indeed
[12:16] Nebadon Izumi: lsl,cs,vb,js,yp
[12:16] Nebadon Izumi: are teh valid options
[12:17] Malmi Mobli: how to add a script to
[12:17] Malmi Mobli: SceneObjectGroup sog = new SceneObjectGroup(UUID.Zero, pos, PrimitiveBaseShape.CreateBox());
[12:17] Malmi Mobli: is this possible?
[12:17] Fly Man is Online
[12:17] Justin Clark-Casey: diva wrote that tutorial, you might want to ask her
[12:18] Tommi Laukkanen is Online
[12:18] Lazarus Divine: does this avie make by butt look big?
[12:18] Fly Man: Want a honest answer ?
[12:18] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[12:18] Teravus Ousley: I suspect it's possible.. but I don't know how to do it off the top of my head. It might involve saving a text asset, (notecard) and adding it to an object's inventory..
[12:19] Malmi Mobli: i donkt know diva - i'm new ;)
[12:19] Nebadon Izumi: if you have IRC
[12:19] Nebadon Izumi: you can contact her
[12:19] Nebadon Izumi: or go to
[12:19] Nebadon Izumi: click chat on the menu
[12:19] Malmi Mobli: yes i'm #opensim-dev
[12:19] Nebadon Izumi: then when your in type /join #opensim-dev
[12:19] Malmi Mobli: now
[12:19] Nebadon Izumi: ok cool
[12:19] Fly Man: Morning all
[12:19] Nebadon Izumi: Hey Fly-man-
[12:19] Michelle Argus: evening fly
[12:20] Fly Man: Evening Michelle

Personal tools
About This Wiki