Chat log from the meeting on 2009-01-20

From OpenSimulator

Jump to: navigation, search
Tuesday Meeting @ Wright Plaza on OSGrid

[11:36] BlueWall Slade is Online
[11:37] Simulator Version v0.5 shouts: OpenSimulator Server (OS Microsoft Windows NT 5.2.3790 Service Pack 2) ChilTasks:True PhysPrim:True
[11:40] Teleport completed from
[11:40] The region you have entered is running a different simulator version. Click this message for details.
[11:40] Charles Krinke: I havent heard of teleport problems with the 0.6.2 release or after, but have heard some discussions of other problems with post r8072
[11:40] tx Oh: teleports are nice with the 8069 patch
[11:40] Justin Clark-Casey: charles- what kind of problems?
[11:41] Charles Krinke: I'd like to defer to Nebadon as he is more in the midst of that. Perhaps others have comments about post r8072.
[11:42] tx Oh: yes, as i said, the 8077 (progressive texture) seems to increase cpu usage
[11:42] Nebadon Izumi: yay prim hair is back
[11:42] Charles Krinke: Nebadon. What are the some of the issues with post r8072 for Justin and Teravus.
[11:42] Website Display Panel v1.0: Loading URL, Please wait..
[11:42] Nebadon Izumi: well im leaning towards its a mono only issue
[11:42] Justin Clark-Casey: I don't find that too surprising.
[11:42] Nebadon Izumi: as the windows plazas seem fine
[11:42] Nebadon Izumi: i just did a tour before returning here
[11:42] Nebadon Izumi: they are all find
[11:42] Nebadon Izumi: been running 2 hours
[11:43] Hiro Protagonist is Online
[11:43] Nebadon Izumi: with many visitors
[11:43] Nebadon Izumi: and no deth
[11:43] Nebadon Izumi: here on this sim it lasts 20 minutes to hour as of today
[11:43] Teravus Ousley: tx: I don't find that very surprising either. but overall, it should level out
[11:43] tx Oh: but dont start to support m$ only
[11:43] Justin Clark-Casey: just the heart stopping - I'm amazed I've never heard of it or come across it before
[11:43] Charles Krinke: procedural question: "Who will copy/paste the log to wiki today?"
[11:43] Nebadon Izumi: ya i didnt know thats what it was
[11:43] Nebadon Izumi: but it happens everyday
[11:43] Teravus Ousley: next time you restart the server, the cpu uasage will go up again until the sim knows all of the layers
[11:43] Schizm Neutra is Offline
[11:44] Nebadon Izumi: but something that happens after 12 hours of running
[11:44] Nebadon Izumi: isnt a priority
[11:44] Nebadon Izumi: so i didnt mention it
[11:44] Nebadon Izumi: id rather restart it and work on more important shit
[11:44] Justin Clark-Casey: teravus: would there be any value in persistently caching that data?
[11:44] Justin Clark-Casey: those layers?
[11:44] Teravus Ousley: yes, dahlia and I discussed having a disk cache. It would get all of the static layers.
[11:44] Charles Krinke: Justin. This weekend, Dahlia was having problems with multiple sims/instance. I am thinking we dont have many test sims with that case lately and it might have some logic differences.
[11:45] Teravus Ousley: .. the dynamic textures, parhaps could be handled by one dedicated thread to reduce the issue with the client thread taking a long time decoding the weathermaps
[11:45] Schizm Neutra is Online
[11:45] Justin Clark-Casey: charles: Did she mention if this was in connection with child event queues? (mantis 2946)?
[11:45] Nebadon Izumi: ya you might have noticed
[11:45] Nebadon Izumi: these panels
[11:45] Nebadon Izumi: i reduced the rez to 512 on the screenshot
[11:46] Nebadon Izumi: the random phoo screens
[11:46] Nebadon Izumi: but as you might have also noticed
[11:46] Charles Krinke: I think so, but am only 60% sure
[11:46] Nebadon Izumi: they arent actually updating like they should
[11:46] Nebadon Izumi: i think its locking
[11:46] Justin Clark-Casey: teravus: sounds good to me - perhaps one could just shove them in the existing asset cache caching stuff? Actually, I halfway thought that might have been happening already
[11:46] Nebadon Izumi: these screens should be changin everyt 600 seconds
[11:46] Justin Clark-Casey: though I guess one wouldn't want to persist them up to any central grid asset store
[11:46] Nebadon Izumi: but i havent seen them change once yet
[11:47] Nebadon Izumi: it keeps reloading the same image
[11:47] Justin Clark-Casey: charles: yeah, this is a continuing saga - it's a rather odd bug which Diva is investigating
[11:47] Nebadon Izumi: its like os dynamic texture function
[11:47] Nebadon Izumi: locks and doesnt wright to db
[11:47] Nebadon Izumi: befor eit displayls the image
[11:47] Nebadon Izumi: so it displays the same one again
[11:47] Nebadon Izumi: only under load
[11:47] Nebadon Izumi: in empty fresh sim
[11:47] Nebadon Izumi: it does not occur
[11:48] Charles Krinke: Can I get an opinion on the expectations of OSGrid testing "Cable Beach"? Positive, negative, shrug?
[11:48] Nebadon Izumi: ah yes, i told mikem we would discuss it today
[11:48] Nebadon Izumi: testing it as a 2nd asset server for this grid
[11:48] Nebadon Izumi: to limited select simulators
[11:48] Teravus Ousley: I'm for it as an option.. if you want to dedicate the server resources for it.
[11:48] BlueWall Slade: ++
[11:49] Justin Clark-Casey: charles: I personally suspect the issue is more to do with integrating it into our existing systems. For example, so that it uses mono addins and the existing http server code, etc.
[11:49] tx Oh: the thing is, it didnt level out. every new user / new login gets me a bunch of 2009-01-20 19:41:03,323 INFO - OpenSim.Region.Environment.Modules.Agent.TextureSender.J2KDecoderModule
[J2KDecoderModule]: 437 Decode Time: 71e12914-9ad2-2881-8eb4-xxxxxxxxxxxx entries
[11:49] Nebadon Izumi: but i wanted to know if everyone thought it likelty this will end up in SVN
[11:49] Nebadon Izumi: becasue if its not going to
[11:49] Nebadon Izumi: we wont test it
[11:49] Website Display Panel v1.0: Loading URL, Please wait..
[11:49] Justin Clark-Casey: I'm imagining the functionality itself is pretty reliable - it is an asset server after all
[11:49] Charles Krinke: The question in my mind is more whether or not it pertubates the core developers perception of OSGrid results.
[11:49] Teravus Ousley: how many textures do you have on your region tx?
[11:49] Justin Clark-Casey: I don't know - I was acutally hoping there would be more discussion from Mike on the mailing list on it
[11:49] Nebadon Izumi: ya ok no rush
[11:49] Nebadon Izumi: im not rusing into it
[11:49] Justin Clark-Casey: charles: well, an extra variable is always goign to make things more complicated
[11:49] Nebadon Izumi: i told him we need more discussion
[11:50] tx Oh: hmmm.. don't know... 2-300??
[11:50] Justin Clark-Casey: If we took it in, I would actually expect it to completely replace our existing asset server
[11:50] Nebadon Izumi: he asked me
[11:50] Teravus Ousley: how about neighbor regions in range?
[11:50] Justin Clark-Casey: there's no point duplicating such functionality
[11:50] Nebadon Izumi: thats what i expect Justinc
[11:50] Nebadon Izumi: but i didnt know how realistic that is
[11:50] Charles Krinke: In your work, Justin, are you contemplating potentially using "Cable Beach" in the office?
[11:50] Nebadon Izumi: we need the devs to speak up
[11:50] tx Oh: oh, about 6-8 adjacents
[11:50] Nebadon Izumi: i dont expect 2 asset servers in SVN
[11:51] Teravus Ousley: 2-300 textures would produce 2-300 decode messages total per sim start... as it caches the layer decode results until the sim restarts
[11:51] Nebadon Izumi: it would be a full replaemnt would be my guess
[11:51] Justin Clark-Casey: Charles: At this point, no. since Cable Beach probably doesn't offer any better performance
[11:51] Nebadon Izumi: ok Mikem seemed to think it would
[11:51] Justin Clark-Casey: Hmm, I probably shoudl really go and look over the code myself
[11:51] Nebadon Izumi: as well as allow for Secure assets
[11:51] Teravus Ousley: now.. it also decodes the textures in your neighbor sim.. as the request for those textures comes into the sim that you're a root agent in.
[11:51] Nebadon Izumi: through HG
[11:51] Justin Clark-Casey: okay, that's fair enough - in that case I'd like to hear that argument on the mailing list
[11:51] Nebadon Izumi: but yea
[11:51] Nebadon Izumi: let him sell it
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: im just a parrot
[11:52] tx Oh: i will check that
[11:52] Justin Clark-Casey: what is nice about it is in the long term it could allow even more grid architectures - like direct client fetching of asset data
[11:52] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: yeah, I was hoping he would - the situation I don't want to get into is where everything goes quiet and someone gets pissed off
[11:52] Website Display Panel v1.0: Loading URL, Please wait..
[11:52] Justin Clark-Casey: someone needs to champion it
[11:52] Charles Krinke: We have been asked to test it, but I am concerned about drifting away from the core developers in OSGrid testing results more then anything else.
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: ya well testing it wont effect core
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: in anyway shape or form
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: but we should test that water
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: on a new test grid
[11:53] Nebadon Izumi: im even willing to replicate the osgrid databse
[11:53] Justin Clark-Casey: charles: my opinion in this case is that we are better off waiting for a decision as to whether we are going to go with it
[11:53] Fly Man is Online
[11:53] Nebadon Izumi: and setup a small test grid using the actuall database
[11:53] Richardus Raymaker: does the mialinglist work ? i never have seen messages anymore
[11:53] Nebadon Izumi: to see how it fairs
[11:53] Charles Krinke: or, perhaps one of the new, younger grids like LCO could test it first.
[11:53] Hiro Protagonist: +1 Nebadon
[11:53] Justin Clark-Casey: unlike Hypergrid I don't think it's a major architectural thing that needs to be proved out before going in... but I could be wrong
[11:53] Fly Man: Afternoon all :)
[11:54] Nebadon Izumi: hey fly man
[11:54] Teravus Ousley: good afternoon flyman
[11:54] Hiro Protagonist: welcome FlyMan
[11:54] Justin Clark-Casey: for me, it's more whether it's goign to fit in with what we already have. Or if not, how our existing stuff really needs to change
[11:54] Nebadon Izumi: ya accorindg to mikem
[11:54] Nebadon Izumi: they can run on same server and access same database
[11:54] Hiro Protagonist: from my understanding, it requires no changes
[11:54] Nebadon Izumi: there is no back end change to database
[11:54] Teravus Ousley: 14 users and no rubberbanding for me :)
[11:54] Fly Man: Just started or agenda still on ?
[11:55] Charles Krinke: Sure. Lets table more on "Cable Beach" until there is more discussion on the mailing list. What are the issues that we "must" discuss today while we are all together. Time is flitting away.
[11:55] Charles Krinke: 17 minuts left
[11:55] Justin Clark-Casey: it's a consistency and direction issue - at the moment it brings in another module framework and uses another http method, etc.
[11:55] Nebadon Izumi: sure i thik we spoke about it enough for today
[11:55] Nebadon Izumi: i just wanted to drop the bomb
[11:55] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: yeah,perhaps you could tell mikem that a respnose to the last mails would be good?
[11:55] Nebadon Izumi: sure thing
[11:55] Nebadon Izumi: i'll let him know what to do
[11:55] Justin Clark-Casey: thanks
[11:55] Fly Man: Can I add something to the agenda Charles ?
[11:55] Nebadon Izumi: and let him know he needs to do a better job selling to the devs
[11:56] Nebadon Izumi: i dont think he has anyproblem with that
[11:56] Justin Clark-Casey: yes, I think so
[11:56] Justin Clark-Casey: cool
[11:56] Nebadon Izumi: he did a good job selling me last night
[11:56] Charles Krinke: Somebody drop a hippo on Teravus, please, to stop him from making me dizzy.
[11:56] Justin Clark-Casey: I know it's a pain - but it will safe us a lot of time and heartache later if we try and make sure we're going down a good path up front
[11:56] Nebadon Izumi: sure
[11:56] Hiro Protagonist: a good enough job Neb pretty much sold me on it this morning LOL
[11:56] Nebadon Izumi: i already told him
[11:56] Nebadon Izumi: its good chance we wont test it
[11:56] Nebadon Izumi: so he knows
[11:57] Fly Man: *grabs a hippo*
[11:57] Charles Krinke: Any reason for the plazas to test HyperGrid? Would that help OpenSim?
[11:57] Tommi Laukkanen: havent they tested it extensively in their own closed grid in ibm?
[11:57] Justin Clark-Casey: I thought the plazas were already testing hypergird?
[11:57] Charles Krinke: this is not ibm, Tommi. Its Intel
[11:57] Justin Clark-Casey: Tommi: HG or Cable Beach?
[11:58] Charles Krinke: I dont believe the plazas are HyperGrid enabled, yet.
[11:58] sim core: We are testing hypergrid a lot, small gird server
[11:58] Dahlia Trimble is Online
[11:58] sim core: *Grid
[11:58] Nebadon Izumi: nice
[11:58] Nebadon Izumi: and yes no HG plazas yet
[11:58] Nebadon Izumi: not that were not interested
[11:59] Nebadon Izumi: but im utterly clueless and i know its not ready
[11:59] Nebadon Izumi: im hesitant to adopt it yet
[11:59] Nebadon Izumi: for my own sanity
[11:59] Justin Clark-Casey: heh
[11:59] Charles Krinke: I have enabled half my personal regions for HyperGrid and they at least dont crash.
[11:59] sim core: The main difficulty is the 4096 distance and the 'wapi socket errors'
[11:59] Website Display Panel v1.0: Loading URL, Please wait..
[11:59] Nebadon Izumi: nice charles
[11:59] Justin Clark-Casey: nice uniform, orion
[11:59] Nebadon Izumi: thats good start
[11:59] Orion Hax: thnks
[11:59] Dahlia Trimble: hi
[11:59] Nebadon Izumi: yay random pic changed
[11:59] Nebadon Izumi: finally
[11:59] Charles Krinke: We have wapi socket errors on this plaza all the time. So that is not necessarily a HyperGrid issue.
[11:59] Justin Clark-Casey: hey dahlia
[11:59] Nebadon Izumi: 30 minutes later
[11:59] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[12:00] Hiro Protagonist: I enabled it on deltazone, it isnt crashing me either
[12:00] Nebadon Izumi: good stuff
[12:00] Dahlia Trimble: new video?
[12:00] Nebadon Izumi: i'll get more involved soon
[12:00] Hiro Protagonist: I dont have any active links, but I know some other folks may have linked to me
[12:00] sim core: Possible, it just mostly occurs when hyperjumping and only some of the times, for the wapi errors :-)
[12:00] Charles Krinke: Who is going to get the log onto the wiki today?
[12:00] tx Oh: yes, the wapi errors...
[12:00] Nebadon Izumi: i will be
[12:00] Nebadon Izumi: to post this meetsins log
[12:00] Nebadon Izumi: very soon infact
[12:01] Dahlia Trimble: oops
[12:01] Dahlia Trimble: :)
[12:01] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[12:01] Justin Clark-Casey: any concerns you have this week, Charles?
[12:01] Charles Krinke: ok, thanks. You might consider finding a delegate for that some time, if yo wish.
[12:01] Charles Krinke: Well, I was on top of the world when the release was done and then a bit bummed when folks started complaing post r8072
[12:01] Justin Clark-Casey: heh, it's an emotional rollercoaster
[12:02] Charles Krinke: Yep
[12:02] Website Display Panel v1.0: Loading URL, Please wait..
[12:02] Charles Krinke: Good news is grid is running. 10,500 users, 1900 sims, 2100 logins/day, 1,000,000 assets, 50GBytes
[12:02] Fly Man: Uh, *raises hand*
[12:03] Justin Clark-Casey thinks Fly Man is very polite
[12:03] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[12:03] Charles Krinke: that isth both exciting *and* terrifying at the same time and go ahead, Fly-Man
[12:03] sim core: :-J
[12:03] Justin Clark-Casey: I thought we were operating on the 'shout what you like' principle here - or maybe that's why I keep pissing everyone off :)
[12:03] Fly Man: Well, I have some Q en A's
[12:03] Hiro Protagonist: LOL Justin, when did you ever piss anyone off?
[12:03] Fly Man: Q for JustinCC, testing (how is it handled now ?)
[12:03] Nebadon Izumi: go forit fly man
[12:03] Charles Krinke: The normal plan at this meeting is to allow the dev's fist shot at the beginning and then a furball at the end.
[12:04] Justin Clark-Casey: Fly Man: exactly what do you mean?
[12:04] Fly Man: Well, I see many Test in the source itself
[12:04] Fly Man: but for instance, LSL function tests
[12:04] Fly Man: I don't see any of them anywhere ?
[12:04] Justin Clark-Casey: Fly Man: do you run nant test?
[12:04] Fly Man: Yup
[12:04] Fly Man: But there's no test for LSL functions inworld
[12:05] Dahlia Trimble: you mean test scripts?
[12:05] Fly Man: Yupz
[12:05] Justin Clark-Casey: Can you point me towards a class name?
[12:05] Schizm Neutra is Online
[12:05] Justin Clark-Casey: Ah yes - I don't think the infrastructure exists yet to run those automatically
[12:05] Justin Clark-Casey: though it would be really nice
[12:05] Dahlia Trimble: I think test scripts have been user supplied
[12:05] Justin Clark-Casey salivatges
[12:05] Fly Man: As we almost have all LSL functions
[12:05] Justin Clark-Casey salivates
[12:05] Nebadon Izumi: i think we are missing funcutons
[12:05] Fly Man: and many of them should work like they should
[12:05] Nebadon Izumi: on our list?
[12:05] Fly Man: but there's some functions that don't work
[12:05] Justin Clark-Casey: in fact, it probably isn't enormously difficult - it would depend a lot on what the ll function was
[12:05] Nebadon Izumi: did LL release new functions recently?
[12:05] Fly Man: or work differently
[12:06] Nebadon Izumi: i forget the name
[12:06] Hiro Protagonist: I think FlyMan raises a very important issue here
[12:06] Nebadon Izumi: but there are requests on forums for it
[12:06] BlueWall Slade: the http server in beta
[12:06] Richardus Raymaker: the only new futere is more problems
[12:06] sim core: The chaned event seems to react to sunlight color change, for one :-J
[12:06] Charles Krinke: I think Fly-Man is talking on a running sim when he says in-world. But, I also think we need multiple sims testing a series of scripts and reporting functionality (or lack thereof) after each update.
[12:06] Fly Man: And I was hoping to find you previous weekend
[12:06] sim core: Changed
[12:06] Justin Clark-Casey: photo senstive - cool!
[12:06] sim core: Lool
[12:06] Fly Man: to get some more info how we can make a seperate library
[12:06] Dahlia Trimble: our changed event is more capable than LL?'s?
[12:06] Justin Clark-Casey: Charles: with a bit of work, a certain amount of that could be automated in the existing unit tests
[12:07] Fly Man: that is available to developers / testers
[12:07] Fly Man: with all the LSL tests
[12:07] sim core: Well, causes a queue overrun on both .net and xengine
[12:07] Fly Man: and even use the Test Harness
[12:07] Justin Clark-Casey imagines in-world solar panels
[12:07] sim core: If that's cool :-)
[12:08] Justin Clark-Casey: Fly Man: Are you talking about tests where a human needs to see the results to validate success?
[12:08] Dahlia Trimble: if (changed & CHANGED_ATMOSPHERE_COLOR)
[12:08] tx Oh: i made solar panels in linden grid
[12:08] Fly Man: Justin, Yes
[12:08] Charles Krinke: how can we encourage patches & progress on Teravus idea of adding class documentation to SVN?
[12:08] Fly Man: as many test you run with nant test don't show any output
[12:08] Justin Clark-Casey: Fly Man: This strikes me as a similar problem to GUI testing, which is pretty difficult to automate
[12:08] Fly Man: How to be sure that it's working ...
[12:08] Fly Man: Justin, it's not difficult
[12:08] Justin Clark-Casey: Fly Man: the nant tests all check their own results within the code
[12:08] Fly Man: but I wanted to check with you what your opinion is
[12:09] Fly Man: as we already implemented something for the userlevel
[12:09] sim core: But I must say I am really quite happy by all the options allready working! :-)
[12:09] Website Display Panel v1.0: Loading URL, Please wait..
[12:09] Justin Clark-Casey: my opinion is that any more tests are good tests :) Though automated ones are the best. But I know that isn't possible in all situations
[12:09] Fly Man: And many test that I would like to perform are related to all the LSL functions
[12:09] tx Oh: when do we get the profiles pictures work :-)
[12:10] Charles Krinke: What are our impediments for 0.6.3?
[12:10] Fly Man: but I think we can have a talk on the IRC channel about that
[12:10] Fly Man: Next Q:
[12:10] Justin Clark-Casey: charles: it strikes me that waiting for the new texture code to bed down would be a major factor in making another release
[12:10] Charles Krinke: Is it fair to say that some progress on Fly-Mans LSL testing might be a goal?
[12:11] Nebadon Izumi: yea im postponing this weeks osgrid incremental
[12:11] Nebadon Izumi: im not happy with it
[12:11] Justin Clark-Casey: Fly-Man: can you give me an example of a test you would like to conduct? Is there a wiki page for this stuff already?
[12:11] Justin Clark-Casey: oh, and maybe more investigation on this heartbeat problem might be a good thign before another release
[12:11] Schizm Neutra is Offline
[12:11] Justin Clark-Casey: if it's getting worse
[12:12] Nebadon Izumi: good idea
[12:12] Website Display Panel v1.0: Loading URL, Please wait..
[12:12] Schizm Neutra is Online
[12:12] Fly Man: Justin, I would like to test ALL LSL functions
[12:12] Fly Man: with test scripts that are available from the LL Wiki
[12:12] Dahlia Trimble: why not use those scripts?
[12:13] Justin Clark-Casey: some things fit in very well with the nant tests, especially text manipulation functions
[12:13] sim core was wondering the same
[12:13] Hiro Protagonist: that would certainly help hit the target of LSL compatibility
[12:13] tx Oh: fly man, but some of those tests can't work automagicaly
[12:13] Dahlia Trimble: I'm not sure if we could just copy those scripts into core, unless they have a suitable license with them
[12:13] Charles Krinke: ok, I've got to get back into the lab and make a bunch of intransigent embedded devices to ssh.
[12:13] Fly Man: *takes this conversation back to the IRC channel*
[12:13] Nebadon Izumi: ok charles
[12:13] Justin Clark-Casey: good to see you, Charles
[12:13] Nebadon Izumi: good meeting
[12:14] Hiro Protagonist: kk CKrinke, knock 'em dead
[12:14] Fly Man: As it's not going on WP now ...
[12:14] Charles Krinke is Offline
[12:14] Fly Man: But another point:
[12:14] Nebadon Izumi: even with the crash im posting this log as if it were a non crash event
[12:14] Nebadon Izumi: posting a screenshot in the log
[12:14] Nebadon Izumi: indicates a non-crash event
[12:14] Fly Man: Phreach and me are working in the Registration process for next week
[12:14] Nebadon Izumi: but im happy enough to call this a non crash event
[12:14] Fly Man: What is the best way to get in touch with Stefan ?
[12:14] Justin Clark-Casey: Fly Man: e-mail him?
[12:14] Fly Man: As I understand he's the one that supply the avatars inworld
[12:15] Justin Clark-Casey: What in world avatars are these?
[12:15] Fly Man: and the last Q of my list
[12:15] BlueWall Slade is Online
[12:16] Fly Man: Where are the Wiki Hours ???
[12:16] Justin Clark-Casey: sweet jesus, nebadon is having a fit
[12:16] Nebadon Izumi: are we even doing wiki hours anymore?
[12:16] Nebadon Izumi: lool
[12:17] Justin Clark-Casey: Not to mention the fact the Bluewall appears to have mastered yogic flying
[12:17] sim core: Lol
[12:17] BlueWall Slade: OSTrance
[12:17] tx Oh: fly man, what wiki hours?
[12:17] Chris D is Online
[12:18] Hiro Protagonist: I got the yogic angle covered ;D
[12:18] Fly Man: Tx, right, those Wiki Hours
[12:18] Justin Clark-Casey: heh
[12:18] Fly Man: But the sim is quite lagging for me
[12:18] Nebadon Izumi: its pretty fluid here
[12:18] Justin Clark-Casey: seems pretty good for me
[12:18] Nebadon Izumi: im shocked actually
[12:18] Fly Man: so I will ask the same Q on the IRC channel
[12:18] Orion Hax: seems ok for me
[12:19] Richardus Raymaker: hi dahlia
[12:19] Teravus Ousley: it's fluid until everyone tries to move at once :D
[12:19] Fly Man: as I didn't get half of the answers
[12:19] Nebadon Izumi: im watching videos too on the screen
[12:19] Nebadon Izumi: still very smooth
[12:19] Justin Clark-Casey: ha ha
[12:19] Dahlia Trimble: hi Richardus :)
[12:19] Website Display Panel v1.0: Loading URL, Please wait..
[12:19] Orion Hax: what is the asset server being used
[12:20] Dahlia Trimble: I'm going to try out my network of distant teleporting regions.... laterz all :)
[12:20] Justin Clark-Casey: bye Dahlia
[12:20] Richardus Raymaker: asset server hold your inventory
[12:20] sim core should do the same as daliah
[12:20] Richardus Raymaker: bye dahlia
[12:20] Hiro Protagonist: yup, I haz to bail too
[12:20] Justin Clark-Casey: Orion: The vanilla one that comes with OpenSim, I believe?
[12:20] Hiro Protagonist: y'all take care :D
[12:20] Justin Clark-Casey: bye Hiro
[12:20] Nebadon Izumi: hello Zamantha Carter, where is the rest of SG-1
[12:20] Nebadon Izumi P
[12:20] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[12:21] Chris D is Online
[12:21] Zamantha Carter: :)
[12:21] Orion Hax: i meant mysql mssql or sqllite
[12:21] Zamantha Carter: Hi Nebadon
[12:21] Orion Hax: or are you crazy enough to use oracle
[12:21] Justin Clark-Casey: Orion: mysql
[12:21] Justin Clark-Casey: ha ha, Oracle?
[12:21] Nebadon Izumi: Osgrid cant afford oracle
[12:21] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[12:21] Justin Clark-Casey: osgrid would have to get a lot of donations before that happened :)
[12:21] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: heh
[12:21] tx Oh: all this oracle discussions..
[12:21] Fly Man is Offline
[12:21] Orion Hax: you running a single server or in cluster
[12:22] Nebadon Izumi: single
[12:22] Nebadon Izumi: monster though
[12:22] Nebadon Izumi: Quad with 4gb
[12:22] Nebadon Izumi: 1066FSB
[12:22] Nebadon Izumi: SCSI-3 drive
[12:22] sim core: Bye all =)
[12:22] Website Display Panel v1.0: Loading URL, Please wait..
[12:22] tx Oh: mysql should be good enough, i think
[12:22] Nebadon Izumi: its doing quite well
[12:23] BlueWall Slade is Offline
[12:23] Orion Hax: yes but with a 1mil assets and 50gb isint starting to get to its performance limits
[12:23] tx Oh: yepp, scsi is a good performace guarantee
[12:24] Justin Clark-Casey: alright, I'm goint to take off now - take care everybody
[12:24] Teravus Ousley: me three!
[12:24] tx Oh: ahoi
[12:24] Teravus Ousley: take care
[12:24] Teravus Ousley is Offline
[12:24] Justin Clark-Casey is Offline
[12:24] Mark Spencer: Hi all
[12:25] tx Oh: hi
[12:25] Nebadon Izumi: hello mark
[12:25] tx Oh: well...
[12:25] Mark Spencer: hey Neb
[12:25] tx Oh: time to go...
[12:25] Nebadon Izumi: ok tx
[12:25] tx Oh: l8rs
[12:25] Nebadon Izumi: good seeing u
[12:25] Nebadon Izumi: thanks for coming
[12:25] Mark Spencer: good to see wp up at last
[12:25] tx Oh: thanks for hosting!
[12:26] Nebadon Izumi: yea we had great meeting today
[12:26] Nebadon Izumi: 1 crash
[12:26] Nebadon Izumi: but it held up after the crash
[12:26] Nebadon Izumi: held up awesome
[12:26] Richardus Raymaker: yes
[12:27] Zamantha Carter: Bye everyone!
[12:27] Nebadon Izumi: see ya Zamantha
[12:27] Nebadon Izumi: thanks for stopping by
[12:27] Mark Spencer: what's the best way to move objects, clothes etc here from SL?
[12:27] Nebadon Izumi: secondinventory
[12:27] Mark Spencer: does it work with everything?
[12:27] Nebadon Izumi: no
[12:27] Richardus Raymaker: For Full perm items yes
[12:27] Nebadon Izumi: full perms only
[12:27] Richardus Raymaker: /afkl
[12:27] Mark Spencer: ah

Related Link:

Solar systems

Personal tools
About This Wiki