Chat log from the meeting on 2008-12-23

From OpenSimulator

Jump to: navigation, search
Tuesday Meeting @ Wright Plaza on OSGrid

[10:54] BlueWall Slade is Online
[10:55] Fly Man is Online
[10:56] Nebadon Izumi: hey
[10:56] Fly Man: Hey
[10:56] Fly Man: I was just building my new club on SL
[10:56] Website Display Panel v1.0: Loading URL, Please wait..
[10:56] Fly Man: until I was notified that there's a Office Meeting ;)
[10:56] Fly Man: from Events ;)
[10:56] Nebadon Izumi: heh cool
[10:56] Website Display Panel v1.0: Loading URL, Please wait..
[10:56] Fly Man: Yeah, in my own sim :p
[10:57] Nebadon Izumi: cool seems to be running well
[10:57] Nebadon Izumi: yay for more ram
[10:57] Nebadon Izumi: now i can open up alot more homesteading
[10:57] Fly Man: Yay
[10:57] Nebadon Izumi: i will be sometime today
[10:57] Nebadon Izumi: i'll need a manager for Teravus plaza though
[10:57] Nebadon Izumi: have to think about that
[10:58] Nebadon Izumi: i'll likely start a new plaza too on this box
[10:58] Nebadon Izumi: run 3 on this machine
[10:58] Nebadon Izumi: and 5 on the other
[10:58] Fly Man: Ooo, nice :)
[10:58] Fly Man: Diva Plaza ;) ?
[10:58] Fly Man: Or is that too obvious ;)
[10:59] Justin Clark-Casey is Online
[10:59] Nebadon Izumi: hehe yea i'll need to think of a name too
[10:59] Nebadon Izumi: hello
[10:59] Justin Clark-Casey: hello gents and ladies
[11:00] Nebadon Izumi: welcome to the all new WP
[11:00] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[11:00] Nebadon Izumi: yay for Ram
[11:00] Fly Man: Yay :p
[11:00] Justin Clark-Casey: nice, feels smoooooth
[11:00] Nebadon Izumi: yea
[11:00] Richardus Raymaker: hope its running much betetr. maby mainboard where longer faulty
[11:00] Nebadon Izumi: yea its likely the old motherboard
[11:00] Justin Clark-Casey: well, relatively speakng smooooth
[11:00] Fly Man: yeah
[11:00] Nebadon Izumi: once they slapped in the 2 extra chips
[11:00] Nebadon Izumi: the motherboard wasnt happy
[11:00] Nebadon Izumi: wasnt the ram but the slots
[11:00] Richardus Raymaker: 98% smooth
[11:01] Fly Man: Kinda quite
[11:01] Fly Man: where's everyone :p
[11:01] Richardus Raymaker: hi fly
[11:01] Justin Clark-Casey: well, it is the holidays....
[11:01] Fly Man: Hey Ri
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: heh that was me
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: the lag
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: set a video
[11:02] Fly Man: Yeah, it's going
[11:02] BlueWall Slade is Online
[11:03] Justin Clark-Casey: wow, we do seem to be eating a lot of memory & cpu though
[11:03] Justin Clark-Casey: with only 5 agents
[11:03] Nebadon Izumi: heh yea
[11:03] Nebadon Izumi: thats not uncommon
[11:03] Nebadon Izumi: memory usage is not all that great
[11:03] Fly Man: Hey Snoopy
[11:03] Snoopy Pfeffer: hi :)
[11:03] Snoopy Pfeffer: hi Fly Man
[11:03] Richardus Raymaker: hi snoopy
[11:03] Snoopy Pfeffer: hi Rich
[11:03] Nebadon Izumi: but Justin
[11:03] Snoopy Pfeffer: hi nebadon :)
[11:03] Nebadon Izumi: the memory its using right now
[11:04] Snoopy Pfeffer: hi Justin
[11:04] Nebadon Izumi: is not much more than it uses with 0 avatars
[11:04] Nebadon Izumi: maybe 200mb more
[11:04] Justin Clark-Casey: Hi Snoopy
[11:04] Nebadon Izumi: than a fresh start
[11:04] Nebadon Izumi: this region is a mess
[11:04] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[11:04] Nebadon Izumi: the problem with open areas
[11:04] Snoopy Pfeffer: hello BlueWall and eekee - nice to meet you
[11:04] Nebadon Izumi: no texture managment
[11:04] Nebadon Izumi: or script managment
[11:04] Nebadon Izumi: memory will be outrageous here
[11:04] BlueWall Slade: Hi Snoopy
[11:05] Nebadon Izumi: but thats how i want it
[11:05] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[11:05] Richardus Raymaker: hi bluewall
[11:05] Nebadon Izumi: nice and on the edge
[11:05] Snoopy Pfeffer: yes scripts use much more memory since the big update
[11:05] BlueWall Slade: Hi Richardus
[11:05] Snoopy Pfeffer: I see that on Samsara
[11:05] Teravus Ousley is Online
[11:05] Nebadon Izumi: so my announcents,
[11:05] Nebadon Izumi: 1. Website look is changing
[11:05] Nebadon Izumi: you probably all noticed
[11:05] Snoopy Pfeffer: looks cool :)
[11:05] Nebadon Izumi: im not done yet, more to come
[11:06] Nebadon Izumi: Plaza servers all have 4gb more ram now
[11:06] Richardus Raymaker: i run only a few scripts. so the impact is diffciult to see. only thing i see is that some rigion are useinbg after a whill a few 100MB memory
[11:06] Nebadon Izumi: which means more homesteading
[11:06] Nebadon Izumi: i'll be openeing up Teravus Plaza
[11:06] Nebadon Izumi: same as SeaPrior
[11:06] Fly Man: and a new "unnamed" Plaza ;)
[11:06] Nebadon Izumi: yea perhaps
[11:06] Nebadon Izumi: Teravus is 1st
[11:06] Nebadon Izumi: then a new sim on this Server
[11:06] Nebadon Izumi: but im not sure that will be homestead
[11:06] Nebadon Izumi: i might look for special builders
[11:07] Nebadon Izumi: to make something special
[11:07] Nebadon Izumi: i know some of the top builders in SL
[11:07] Nebadon Izumi: like Maxwell Graff and Ayame Musashi
[11:07] Fly Man: Nice, good builders
[11:07] Nebadon Izumi: both are in the Oni Kenkon Group
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: as well as the rest of my team
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: we have several groups really
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: right now im the only one using OpenSIM
[11:08] Fly Man is doing a last check for Class
[11:08] Justin Clark-Casey: nice stuff Nebadon
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: ok well thats about all I have
[11:09] Nebadon Izumi: also
[11:09] Nebadon Izumi: 1 more think
[11:09] Nebadon Izumi: Gallery2Flickr module is installed on our Gallery2 WEbsite
[11:09] Nebadon Izumi: you can import / export to flickr and our gallery now
[11:09] Richardus Raymaker: i have the osgrid parcel in my picks in secondlife
[11:09] Nebadon Izumi: save you some time
[11:09] Nebadon Izumi:
[11:09] Nebadon Izumi: oh, and lastly,if you have noobie friends who arent familiar with IRC
[11:10] Nebadon Izumi: i made a link on the website and embedded teh mibbit API into our website
[11:10] Nebadon Izumi: working on GOogle Group and Calandar also
[11:10] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[11:10] Nebadon Izumi head explodes
[11:10] Nebadon Izumi: and i think thats it
[11:10] Nebadon Izumi: thats my week
[11:10] Teravus Ousley: I fixed several linking bugs this week.
[11:11] Teravus Ousley: you can extend a linkset again.. and rotate the root prim.. by itself.
[11:11] Richardus Raymaker: oh nice. wich sbn did you do that ?
[11:12] Teravus Ousley: I also added some annoying automated link tests.. that will prevent linking from breaking again.
[11:12] Justin Clark-Casey: not annoying Teravus :D
[11:12] Teravus Ousley: heh.. well.. they will be.. to whomever accidently breaks linking.. while working on something else.
[11:13] Justin Clark-Casey: better than the annoyance of a regression
[11:13] Fly Man: And I'm very happy to announce that after 2 months of work
[11:13] Fly Man: (2 days to be exact)
[11:13] Fly Man: the Search has been extended with the little brother
[11:13] Fly Man: called Classifieds :)
[11:13] Snoopy Pfeffer: cool
[11:14] Fly Man: and I will be working on the Profile bits
[11:14] Fly Man: to have Picks, Classifieds, Notes, etc persist in the profiles
[11:14] Fly Man: and a small bug was fixed yesterday
[11:14] Justin Clark-Casey: nice
[11:14] Teravus Ousley: One other thing that I did.. was add a compiled 64 bit ODE library to SVN and did a bit of mono config to automatically pick between the mac lib, the linux 64 bit lib.. and the linux32 bit lib.
[11:14] Fly Man: Your birthday is now shown like it should :)
[11:15] Richardus Raymaker: cool
[11:15] Snoopy Pfeffer: :)
[11:15] Nebadon Izumi: yea thats a good one Ter
[11:15] Nebadon Izumi: having 64 bit support is big
[11:15] Nebadon Izumi: too much confusion there
[11:15] Snoopy Pfeffer: so there should not be many 64 bit questions anymore :)
[11:15] Teravus Ousley: I think I may be blazing the trail there.. as there are many more libs that need to be recompiled :)
[11:15] Nebadon Izumi: yea i heard the only one left was ODE
[11:16] Nebadon Izumi: but i could be wrong
[11:16] Snoopy Pfeffer: yes
[11:16] Richardus Raymaker: so 2009 is going to be 64bit for me i think.
[11:16] Justin Clark-Casey starts playing with the People search tab
[11:16] Snoopy Pfeffer: 64 bits works great for me
[11:16] Justin Clark-Casey: hey, how come I'm not in here, Fly-Man?
[11:16] Snoopy Pfeffer: better than my 32 bit installation :)
[11:16] Richardus Raymaker: 32bit works still fine here. only i lose 1 gB memory for now
[11:16] Fly Man: Justin, what ?
[11:17] Justin Clark-Casey: I find other people when I search for them but not myself - is that how it's supposed to be?
[11:17] Nebadon Izumi: oh
[11:17] Nebadon Izumi: heh
[11:17] Fly Man: Yeah ?
[11:17] Snoopy Pfeffer: lol
[11:17] Nebadon Izumi: maybe the Dash?
[11:17] Fly Man: You know yourself, right ?
[11:17] Snoopy Pfeffer: have you been banned ;) lol
[11:17] Nebadon Izumi: symbol breaking the search mabe?
[11:17] Justin Clark-Casey: haven't you heard of introspection
[11:17] Teravus Ousley: I found myself.
[11:17] Nebadon Izumi: i found you justin
[11:17] Fly Man: and it shows you perfectly
[11:17] Teravus Ousley: :)
[11:17] Justin Clark-Casey: uh? Oh
[11:18] Nebadon Izumi: 11/14/2007
[11:18] Justin Clark-Casey: jpw strange
[11:18] Nebadon Izumi: is your B-day
[11:18] Snoopy Pfeffer: yes
[11:18] Snoopy Pfeffer: under ppl and all
[11:18] Justin Clark-Casey: Justin Clark-Casey right?
[11:18] Snoopy Pfeffer: yes
[11:18] Nebadon Izumi: i did "Justin"
[11:18] Justin Clark-Casey: how very odd, I don't get found at all when I search,..ahhhh
[11:18] Nebadon Izumi: i didnt type it all
[11:18] Nebadon Izumi: let me try
[11:18] Justin Clark-Casey: ah yeah, Justin Clark works....
[11:18] Nebadon Izumi: yea full think is borked
[11:18] Fly Man: try just
[11:18] Teravus Ousley gave you Snapshot : Ready Cathedral, Ready (141, 149, 22).
[11:19] Justin Clark-Casey: Fly Man - I found a bug!!
[11:19] Justin Clark-Casey: where's your mantis?
[11:19] Richardus Raymaker is Online
[11:19] Justin Clark-Casey grins
[11:19] Snoopy Pfeffer: :)
[11:19] Fly Man: Justin, on the Gforge
[11:19] Fly Man: as you'd know :p
[11:19] Fly Man: And let's hurry up ;)
[11:19] Justin Clark-Casey: right
[11:19] Fly Man: Lindesn snowball fight in 40 mins :p
[11:19] Nebadon Izumi: i wonder if im in range, check this out
[11:19] Nebadon Izumi: hang on to your hats
[11:19] Nebadon Izumi: say list
[11:19] Nebadon Izumi: bah
[11:19] Fly Man: and I don't wanna mis hitting Whump this year
[11:19] Nebadon Izumi: to far
[11:20] Fly Man: list
[11:20] Fly Man: say list
[11:20] Nebadon Izumi: say list
[11:20] Nebadon Izumi: hmm
[11:20] Justin Clark-Casey: say what?
[11:20] Teravus Ousley: man list
[11:20] Nebadon Izumi: well maybe its just to borked
[11:20] Fly Man: script dead ;)
[11:20] Nebadon Izumi: yea the sim is too boggged
[11:20] Nebadon Izumi: it'll go
[11:20] Nebadon Izumi: maybe
[11:20] Nebadon Izumi: heh and maybe not
[11:20] Teravus Ousley: it's not giving me a manual
[11:20] Snoopy Pfeffer: sometime I have to reinitialize scripts after updates otherwise they dont work
[11:20] Nebadon Izumi: but its up to 250 visitors
[11:20] Teravus Ousley: man list
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: well that looks like a mantis too
[11:21] Teravus Ousley: ahh.. I know.. list >> /dev/null yeah.. that works :)
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: let me try something
[11:22] Nebadon Izumi: wow flying is so smooth
[11:22] Nebadon Izumi: nice
[11:22] Fly Man: ghehe
[11:22] Nebadon Izumi: say list
[11:22] Justin Clark-Casey: I dunno, I seem to be getting quite a lot of elastication
[11:22] Nebadon Izumi: hmm yea
[11:22] Richardus Raymaker: hi sacha
[11:22] Fly Man: now I know why my UGAIM failed ;)
[11:22] Nebadon Izumi: not responding
[11:22] Snoopy Pfeffer: the script is not workinh
[11:22] Teravus Ousley: total frame time is 1 second per frame
[11:22] Snoopy Pfeffer: hi Sacha
[11:22] Fly Man: Ever tried to compile a .NET 2.0 solution with .Net 1.1 ?
[11:22] Nebadon Izumi: so smooth for me
[11:23] Richardus Raymaker: you dont have lag nenbadon ?
[11:23] sacha Magne: i can't barely movr
[11:23] Nebadon Izumi: very little
[11:23] Nebadon Izumi: im about 250 miles from server
[11:23] Nebadon Izumi: i get very good ping
[11:23] Teravus Ousley: I agree here.. it's not bad for me either really
[11:23] Justin Clark-Casey: You don't get a lot of elastication?
[11:23] Nebadon Izumi: none
[11:23] Teravus Ousley: no
[11:23] Nebadon Izumi: its so smooth
[11:23] Richardus Raymaker: !my ping is 255. then the server runs pretty good here
[11:23] Nebadon Izumi: its awesome
[11:23] Snoopy Pfeffer: I got some feedback:
[11:23] Teravus Ousley: an occasional jump back here and there
[11:23] Nebadon Izumi: yea once i get moving though
[11:23] Snoopy Pfeffer: - walking starts a bit too delayed
[11:23] Nebadon Izumi: its perfect
[11:23] Richardus Raymaker: yes, thast what i see to.
[11:24] Justin Clark-Casey: hmm, maybe we have different definitions of occasional
[11:24] Snoopy Pfeffer: - and the missing turning animations that guy would see
[11:24] Nebadon Izumi: no JCC i see you elasting
[11:24] Nebadon Izumi: but i dont see that with myself
[11:24] Hiro Protagonist is Online
[11:24] sacha Magne: one step forward
[11:24] Justin Clark-Casey: wow, maybe this is a Europena thing
[11:24] Justin Clark-Casey: European
[11:24] sacha Magne: 2 steps backwards :/
[11:24] Teravus Ousley: well, there's a lot of packets out per second
[11:24] Ralf Haifisch: avi makes 2 and moves 1 - yes, europe *gg*
[11:25] Nebadon Izumi: i think the lag im getting is my video card
[11:25] Snoopy Pfeffer: sorry
[11:25] Snoopy Pfeffer: wow lag
[11:25] Teravus Ousley: it really should max out at 500
[11:25] Snoopy Pfeffer: wow
[11:25] Teravus Ousley: maybe 800 :)
[11:25] Nebadon Izumi: but my machien is no powerhouse
[11:25] Snoopy Pfeffer: better I sit down
[11:25] Nebadon Izumi: its AGP and p4
[11:25] Justin Clark-Casey: well, ine is now sitting down a 10-15 pps now that the texture download has finished
[11:25] Snoopy Pfeffer: ping 236 ms
[11:25] Justin Clark-Casey: but I still get the elastic
[11:25] Nebadon Izumi: aha
[11:25] Nebadon Izumi: yea if your downloading textures still
[11:25] Nebadon Izumi: i bet thats why
[11:25] Teravus Ousley: if you look at the frame time also.. it's 'Agent time and Sim Time (Other) that's being evil.
[11:26] Nebadon Izumi: i see 100% of textures
[11:26] Snoopy Pfeffer: movements are delayed by about 0.7 secs I think
[11:26] Nebadon Izumi: not a single missing texture
[11:26] Snoopy Pfeffer: even turing
[11:26] Justin Clark-Casey: uh huh
[11:26] Teravus Ousley: physics is worse then it should be.. but still .. semi-okay..
[11:26] Snoopy Pfeffer: starting and stopping
[11:26] sacha Magne: i think all textures are loaded
[11:26] Snoopy Pfeffer: turning*
[11:26] Nebadon Izumi: its never been this fast for me here with this many people
[11:26] Nebadon Izumi: this is a 1st for me
[11:26] Justin Clark-Casey: man yeah, need to look at what's eating all that time
[11:26] Richardus Raymaker: total frametime jumps to 1400.0ms
[11:26] sacha Magne: head ?
[11:26] Richardus Raymaker: but not sure if thats clientside ?
[11:26] Simulator Version v0.4b shouts: OpenSimulator Server (OS Fedora Core release 6 (Zod) Kernel \r on an \) ChilTasks:True PhysPrim:False on Mono 2.3a
[11:27] Nebadon Izumi: i see everyone else rubberbanding though
[11:27] Snoopy Pfeffer: yes
[11:27] Snoopy Pfeffer: something isnt perfect
[11:27] Nebadon Izumi: do i appera to rubberband
[11:27] Nebadon Izumi: ?
[11:27] Nebadon Izumi: im not on my screen
[11:27] Ralf Haifisch: to me, yes
[11:27] Teravus Ousley: also.. lots of unacked bytes
[11:27] Snoopy Pfeffer: I see you
[11:27] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: go on then dance, monkey, dance!
[11:27] sacha Magne: neb, you're ok for me
[11:27] Snoopy Pfeffer: lol
[11:27] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[11:27] Ralf Haifisch: have seen worth - but far from perfect
[11:27] sacha Magne: all are ok
[11:27] Teravus Ousley: unacked bytes.. 53MB of them
[11:27] sacha Magne: is sofa phantom ?
[11:28] Justin Clark-Casey: ha ha
[11:28] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[11:28] Richardus Raymaker: yes
[11:28] Snoopy Pfeffer: do you also experience the delays when turning?
[11:28] Justin Clark-Casey: yeah, big, though it does drop...
[11:28] Hiro Protagonist: I think it's BlueWall's hair *winks*
[11:28] Snoopy Pfeffer: while running?
[11:28] Justin Clark-Casey: move about a bit more nebadon?
[11:28] BlueWall Slade: heh
[11:28] Snoopy Pfeffer: that'y why I have bumped into Justin
[11:28] Snoopy Pfeffer: sorry :)
[11:28] Nebadon Izumi: still feels smooth to me
[11:28] Justin Clark-Casey: yeah, looks like there's a little bit from my perspective
[11:28] sacha Magne: your movments looks fine
[11:28] Justin Clark-Casey: snoopy: no problem - one advantage of this now being rl ;)
[11:28] Teravus Ousley: it'se definately more smooth. no disagreement there. still not working like it should be though...
[11:28] Snoopy Pfeffer: lol
[11:29] Snoopy Pfeffer: yes
[11:29] Snoopy Pfeffer: a friend also mentioned the missing turning animations
[11:29] Nebadon Izumi: invnentory is loading nice and fast too
[11:29] sacha Magne: my movments are not fluide at all
[11:29] Nebadon Izumi: up to 9000 items since you said load the monkey dance
[11:30] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: nice - it seems a little more stable now than the trouble some time back....
[11:30] Nebadon Izumi: 10k items loaded
[11:30] Justin Clark-Casey: but there are definitely bugs in the code - it might end up getting voerhauled more radically some time
[11:30] Nebadon Izumi: yea
[11:30] Nebadon Izumi: no doubts about that
[11:30] Justin Clark-Casey: Melanie had a good idea - pass the inventory from sim to sim when you move/teleport, rather than get it from the central server every single time
[11:30] Nebadon Izumi: 11k items loaded
[11:30] Nebadon Izumi: 11260 total
[11:30] Nebadon Izumi: that was fast
[11:30] Teravus Ousley: well.. I think I'm going to see if I can isolate what the 'other' time is..
[11:31] Richardus Raymaker: \but justin. does that not overload the connections of the region ? and many are already not on high upload
[11:31] Teravus Ousley: that's always been an issue on Wright plaza for some reason.
[11:31] sacha Magne: Teravus, you head is grey
[11:31] Hiro Protagonist: that would just be region-local inventory would it not, JustinCC?
[11:31] Fly Man just found out that he like Mono 2.0.1 better then the old stuff
[11:31] Justin Clark-Casey: well, this week I'm probably going to continue to avoid doing feature work by refacotring things :)
[11:31] Snoopy Pfeffer: do we have crash statistics in osgrid?
[11:31] Teravus Ousley: I'm old.. whaddaya want?
[11:31] Justin Clark-Casey: and I might just do Christmas as well
[11:31] Teravus Ousley: :)
[11:31] Mic Bowman is Online
[11:31] Snoopy Pfeffer: I mean that we see if servers register without deregistering
[11:31] Snoopy Pfeffer: and which versions and how many?
[11:32] Justin Clark-Casey: Hiro: not so much - it would be more pass the parcel inventory
[11:32] Snoopy Pfeffer: hi Hiro
[11:32] Hiro Protagonist: 'pass the parcel'? I am even more confused now LOL
[11:32] Hiro Protagonist: Hi Snoopy :D
[11:32] Snoopy Pfeffer: :)
[11:32] Justin Clark-Casey: those kind of crash stats would take a good bit of infrastructure....
[11:33] Snoopy Pfeffer: it would be intersting to see how the stability changes
[11:33] Justin Clark-Casey: hiro: when you initially log on, the inventory would come down from the inventory server
[11:33] Nebadon Izumi: yea this seems much bette for sure
[11:33] Nebadon Izumi: im beating on inventory
[11:33] Justin Clark-Casey: then when you move about the data would be passed from sim to sim
[11:33] Fly Man: just
[11:33] Nebadon Izumi: not even the slightest delays
[11:33] Snoopy Pfeffer: and if there are problems
[11:33] Snoopy Pfeffer: and with which versions
[11:33] Fly Man: Justing, normally it would come from the nearest server
[11:33] Teravus Ousley: there.. sacha.. my head is not grey anymore
[11:33] Snoopy Pfeffer: or if old versions are still used
[11:33] sacha Magne: hehe
[11:33] Justin Clark-Casey: melanie is also keen on only downloading inventory information on demand, but I'm much less convinced about the desirability/feasibility of that
[11:33] sacha Magne: dwagon
[11:34] Richardus Raymaker: your pants are fancy colored sacha. i see that happen sometimes with textures
[11:34] Fly Man: and we definitly need to make more use of the database settings
[11:34] Hiro Protagonist is Online
[11:34] sacha Magne: Ter's head was like that to me
[11:34] Snoopy Pfeffer: concerning are there any legal issues - that transfers should only be done when the use explicitly wants that?
[11:34] Fly Man: as all new ppl get the standard userserver / inventory server
[11:34] Snoopy Pfeffer: the inventory*
[11:34] Justin Clark-Casey: Snoopy: well, it's impossible to use really old versions anymore, since the grid won't allow them to connect (depending on their external interface version)
[11:34] Snoopy Pfeffer: yes true
[11:35] Teravus Ousley: Snoopy. Here's the deal.. transferring any inventory at all.. is a really murky place legally.. even inventory you own.
[11:35] Snoopy Pfeffer: I just see some versions allowed are much better than others
[11:35] Hiro Protagonist: LoL
[11:35] Nebadon Izumi: hey there Hiro
[11:35] Hiro Protagonist: lets try that again
[11:35] Nebadon Izumi: heh AO?
[11:35] Snoopy Pfeffer: yes true Teravus
[11:35] Ralf Haifisch accepted your inventory offer.
[11:35] Snoopy Pfeffer: some old versions of the server also seem to cause problems
[11:35] Snoopy Pfeffer: servers in he neighborhood
[11:35] Fly Man: But who will be working during his holiday ?
[11:35] Snoopy Pfeffer: the*
[11:35] Ralf Haifisch: thanks... nice test :-)
[11:35] Fly Man: between Christmas and New Year
[11:35] Snoopy Pfeffer: hi ralf
[11:36] sacha Magne: moving inventory from sim to sim will scared all the contents creators imo
[11:36] Richardus Raymaker: hi ralf, hiro
[11:36] Snoopy Pfeffer: yes
[11:36] Hiro Protagonist: Yep
[11:36] Richardus Raymaker: sure. its now already a little problem with permissions
[11:36] Fly Man thinks we need to implement the inventory server ability
[11:36] Snoopy Pfeffer: I know some creators interested in bringing their great stuff herre
[11:36] Nebadon Izumi: hehe not this Creator
[11:36] Hiro Protagonist: that is a very real downside, especially on an open-subscription grid like this one
[11:36] Fly Man: to have a inventory server / asset server near you
[11:37] Nebadon Izumi: but i hear ya, definatly need to be cautious with assets you want protected
[11:37] Snoopy Pfeffer: but they want to be more or less sure that no ordinary user can create illegal copies
[11:37] Nebadon Izumi: bottom line
[11:37] Nebadon Izumi: dont bring them here
[11:37] Fly Man: neb
[11:37] Nebadon Izumi: if you dont want them stolen
[11:37] Snoopy Pfeffer: hm
[11:37] Nebadon Izumi: atleast right now
[11:37] Fly Man: Inventory is always a part that you need fast
[11:37] sacha Magne: yes but the issue remain
[11:37] Hiro Protagonist: Neb, -someday- we have to make the attempt to do the right thing
[11:37] Fly Man: assets will be not that fast needed
[11:37] Nebadon Izumi: oh sured
[11:37] Hiro Protagonist: today is good with me ;)
[11:37] Nebadon Izumi: absolutly, hopefully soon
[11:37] Nebadon Izumi: im just saying right now
[11:37] Nebadon Izumi: need to be real careful
[11:37] Fly Man: /away
[11:37] Fly Man: /afk
[11:38] Hiro Protagonist: true dat - but no reason to start things to make the situation worse
[11:38] Snoopy Pfeffer: what is the status of the discussions with ll concerning tps and sharing the inventory with the maln sl grid?
[11:38] Hiro Protagonist: of course, anything that is optional is probably good
[11:38] Nebadon Izumi: the fact is
[11:38] Nebadon Izumi: even if you make it no perms
[11:38] Nebadon Izumi: someone can easily modify their db
[11:38] Nebadon Izumi: to change that
[11:38] Hiro Protagonist: yes, if you rez on their land you might as well hand it to them
[11:38] Nebadon Izumi: yea
[11:38] Snoopy Pfeffer: for that you need to be a developer, what I think is less of a problem
[11:38] Richardus Raymaker: uhmm, nebadon. its not enoiugh to change something in the ini file ?
[11:39] Nebadon Izumi: well in your sim your builds are safe yes
[11:39] Richardus Raymaker: that would be good if the ini file dont give permissions free.
[11:39] Snoopy Pfeffer: as far as I see estate owners cannot copy no copy stuff any more, am I right?
[11:39] Nebadon Izumi: but if you share something with a freind
[11:39] Justin Clark-Casey: Not sure how fast the OGP stuff is progressing at the moment
[11:39] Nebadon Izumi: and they rez it on someone elses sim
[11:39] Richardus Raymaker: no, i mean otehr builds you rezz.
[11:39] Nebadon Izumi: they just gave it away
[11:39] Snoopy Pfeffer: yes
[11:39] Snoopy Pfeffer: but can they copy no copy objects?
[11:39] sacha Magne: OGP is abandoware ?
[11:39] Teravus Ousley: seems like it's abandonware
[11:39] Snoopy Pfeffer: noone should be able to do that even not "god" ;)
[11:40] Nebadon Izumi: well its holidays
[11:40] Teravus Ousley: .. there's still discussions going on.. but.. not really anything worth mentioning.
[11:40] Nebadon Izumi: lindens are likely to busy for OGP
[11:40] Snoopy Pfeffer: oh
[11:40] Teravus Ousley: .. it's been like this for months now though
[11:40] sacha Magne: as usual :/
[11:40] Nebadon Izumi: ah
[11:40] Richardus Raymaker: let me ask it different. (i hope im wrong) is it possible with changeing the ini file to disable permission sysetm ?
[11:40] Teravus Ousley: .. a void
[11:40] Nebadon Izumi: well to be honest
[11:40] sacha Magne: busy to do what
[11:40] Nebadon Izumi: i said this months ago
[11:40] Dahlia Trimble is Online
[11:40] Nebadon Izumi: OpenSIM was not ready for OGP
[11:40] Justin Clark-Casey: other priorities - the M Linden effect?
[11:40] Nebadon Izumi: so im not suprised its stale
[11:40] Nebadon Izumi: it will come back
[11:40] Hiro Protagonist is Online
[11:40] Nebadon Izumi: when its ready
[11:40] Teravus Ousley: not before there's an actual solution though
[11:40] Teravus Ousley: :)
[11:40] Teravus Ousley: enter.. hypergrid
[11:40] Nebadon Izumi: yea
[11:41] Nebadon Izumi: that also hasnt helped i bet
[11:41] Nebadon Izumi: helped us
[11:41] Nebadon Izumi: not them
[11:41] Snoopy Pfeffer: I know some ppl that are interested to do serious educations stuff with opensim starting middle of next year
[11:41] Ralf Haifisch: hypergrid: are there "official" gateways here in the grid ?
[11:41] sacha Magne: what about to download the opensim.ini on each start ?
[11:41] Snoopy Pfeffer: do you think that is realistic?
[11:41] Nebadon Izumi: hehe how wierd Hiro
[11:41] Nebadon Izumi: are you wearing an AO?
[11:41] Justin Clark-Casey: snoppy: worth remembering we're still alpha - I mean, this jerkiness kinda shows that :D
[11:41] Hiro Protagonist: No I sure aint
[11:41] Snoopy Pfeffer: yes lol
[11:41] Teravus Ousley: Snoopy. If you do. I'd be on the lookout for a revision in the SVN that works like you want.
[11:41] Nebadon Izumi: odd i saw you skip off
[11:42] Nebadon Izumi: like something was trying to overide the seat pose
[11:42] Justin Clark-Casey: Snoppy: depends how brave they are/willing to put up with bugs, I suspect
[11:42] Dahlia Trimble: Hi :)
[11:42] Hiro Protagonist: it just died here, suddenly I'm back at bash in mid sentence LOL
[11:42] Teravus Ousley: Snoopy. One thing is for sure. Trunk.. will always be risky.. regardless of how good OpenSim gets
[11:42] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[11:42] Snoopy Pfeffer: they are currently using a seperate area in teen sl and want to leave as early as possible lol
[11:42] BlueWall Slade: Hi Dahlia
[11:42] Snoopy Pfeffer: hi Dahlia
[11:42] Justin Clark-Casey: Hey Dahlia
[11:42] Hiro Protagonist: Hey Dahlia :D
[11:42] Richardus Raymaker: hi dahlia
[11:42] sacha Magne: who could help me with "nini" ?
[11:43] sacha Magne: or the "stream" concept
[11:43] Teravus Ousley: the knights of ni, of course
[11:43] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[11:43] Ralf Haifisch: lol
[11:43] Hiro Protagonist chuckle@Teravus
[11:43] sacha Magne: the stream could be an adress ?
[11:43] Teravus Ousley: nini is really just an ini/xml configuration reader
[11:43] Justin Clark-Casey: Snoppy: I dunno - 6 months might actually not be too bad a time frame
[11:43] Snoopy Pfeffer: yes
[11:43] Snoopy Pfeffer: that was our guess
[11:44] Snoopy Pfeffer: we will start some trials soon
[11:44] Hiro Protagonist: Timeframe for what? I missed something while crashing LOL
[11:44] Snoopy Pfeffer: although we know it is just good for internal tests at the moment
[11:44] Justin Clark-Casey: trials for education use
[11:44] sacha Magne: @ teravus
[11:44] Snoopy Pfeffer: yes
[11:44] Hiro Protagonist nods
[11:44] Richardus Raymaker: i think i missed something to. ..
[11:44] Justin Clark-Casey: Snoopy: there are a few people experimenting with things if you run the Google
[11:44] Snoopy Pfeffer: it is a world where teens meet to learn about history
[11:45] Justin Clark-Casey: snoopy:
[11:45] Richardus Raymaker: that sound cool, and very real :)
[11:45] Mic Bowman: snoopy: we should compare notes... we're working with a crew on "sciencesim" with similar objectives
[11:45] Justin Clark-Casey: might be worth tapping some of the guys for their experiences so far
[11:45] Snoopy Pfeffer: mainly Jewish kids from Israel and the US
[11:45] Snoopy Pfeffer: yes
[11:45] Justin Clark-Casey: oh yeah, sciencesim as well :)
[11:45] Snoopy Pfeffer: I know some ppl very active in that sector
[11:45] Snoopy Pfeffer: and he wants to move here soon
[11:45] Fly Man: So
[11:45] Snoopy Pfeffer: but they look at little things
[11:45] Fly Man: back again
[11:46] Snoopy Pfeffer: like the movement delays
[11:46] Fly Man: needed to be ready for the Linden Snowball figh
[11:46] Snoopy Pfeffer: or the missing turning animation lol
[11:46] Justin Clark-Casey: Snoppy: yeah, this is why it's risky - I think it will get much better but you can't be certain about these things
[11:46] Teravus Ousley: you mean the fly turning animation?
[11:46] Snoopy Pfeffer: yes
[11:46] Snoopy Pfeffer: no when I stand
[11:46] Snoopy Pfeffer: see
[11:46] Snoopy Pfeffer: I look like standing normally
[11:47] Teravus Ousley: well, if you can identify what the UUID of the animations in question are.. we can likely play them
[11:47] Richardus Raymaker: depends also on how much regions etc you run on 1 server.
[11:47] Snoopy Pfeffer: yes
[11:47] Nebadon Izumi: i found them all
[11:47] Snoopy Pfeffer: we need to add that default some day
[11:47] Nebadon Izumi:
[11:47] Nebadon Izumi: they are well documented
[11:47] Snoopy Pfeffer: thankd Neb
[11:47] Snoopy Pfeffer: thakns*
[11:47] Snoopy Pfeffer: lol my typing ;)
[11:47] Nebadon Izumi: :)
[11:47] Darren Vayandar: I've also been thinking about it in aneducational environment but wonder whether it would be much better deployed as a private grid on a LAN
[11:48] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: maybe worth comparing with what we now have in bi/data/avataranimations.xml
[11:48] Snoopy Pfeffer: they wanr a seperate grid
[11:48] Justin Clark-Casey: bin/data I mean
[11:48] Snoopy Pfeffer: also to protect the kids
[11:48] Nebadon Izumi: ok, Cottyto might already be doing that
[11:48] Nebadon Izumi: she started the Emote process
[11:48] Justin Clark-Casey: cool
[11:48] Darren Vayandar: yep, exactly and also bandwidth
[11:48] Nebadon Izumi: i'll check with her when i see her
[11:48] Teravus Ousley: Darren: our target is for it to be usable over the internet. Which is an unreliable network. .. we also think that if it's usable on the internet, it'll be fantastic on an internal LAN
[11:48] Snoopy Pfeffer: that's also why they are in teen sl at the moment
[11:49] Justin Clark-Casey: snoopy: makes sense#
[11:49] Darren Vayandar: Yep, I agree Teravous
[11:49] Snoopy Pfeffer: yes
[11:49] Snoopy Pfeffer: what about the status of the remerge of the realxtend branch?
[11:50] Teravus Ousley: The best person to ask about that would be Sir Adam Zaius..
[11:50] Snoopy Pfeffer: will we get the plugins, a new viewer and voice soon??
[11:50] Teravus Ousley: he's heading that effort
[11:50] Snoopy Pfeffer: ok
[11:50] Snoopy Pfeffer: I know lol
[11:50] Snoopy Pfeffer: sorry for asking it her
[11:50] Snoopy Pfeffer: here*

Personal tools
About This Wiki