Chat log from the meeting on 2008-11-18

From OpenSimulator

Jump to: navigation, search

Tuesday Meeting @ Wright Plaza on OSGrid

[10:55] Blaksmith Rubble is Online
[10:55] Fly Man is Online
[10:55] Nebadon Izumi: hello
[10:55] Fly Man: Hey
[10:55] nabiki landar: hi
[10:55] Nebadon Izumi: meeting is upstairs if your joining us
[10:55] nabiki landar: where is the meeting exactly?
[10:56] Nebadon Izumi: upstairs in this building
[10:56] nabiki landar: ok
[10:56] Nebadon Izumi: the couches
[10:56] Nebadon Izumi: :)
[10:56] Nebadon Izumi: see you up there
[10:56] Fly Man: Hello all
[10:56] Hiro Protagonist: Hodeh
[10:56] Darren Vayandar: hi
[10:57] Nebadon Izumi: hello
[10:57] nabiki landar: hi
[10:57] nabiki landar: my graphic card is garbaje
[10:57] Fly Man: Yeah, same here
[10:57] Fly Man: Just found out that I have a 64 Mb card
[10:57] Fly Man: where I thought I had a 256 one
[10:57] nabiki landar: listen:
[10:57] nabiki landar: i have created waves
[10:57] nabiki landar: for the sea
[10:58] nabiki landar: for the beach
[10:58] nabiki landar: i want you know
[10:58] Nebadon Izumi: i saw that
[10:58] Nebadon Izumi: thank you
[10:58] nabiki landar: ok
[10:58] Nebadon Izumi: actually already told someone about them
[10:58] nabiki landar: i will make more
[10:58] Nebadon Izumi: who asked me for waves while back
[10:58] nabiki landar: i do not understand very good english
[10:59] Nebadon Izumi: where are you from Nabiki?
[10:59] nabiki landar: spain
[10:59] Darren Vayandar: where are these waves?
[10:59] Nebadon Izumi: nice
[10:59] Nebadon Izumi: they are in the freebie garden
[10:59] nabiki landar: i created this waves
[10:59] Darren Vayandar: cool
[10:59] nabiki landar: i am going to create more now
[10:59] Nebadon Izumi: nice :) i know people will love that
[10:59] nabiki landar: in fact, i putted one more just a momment ago
[11:00] Nebadon Izumi: nice
[11:00] Darren Vayandar: neb is ur freeview tv in the garden still?
[11:00] nabiki landar: i will create textures for rivers, etc
[11:00] Nebadon Izumi: yes
[11:00] Nebadon Izumi: its inside the building now
[11:00] nabiki landar: you must advice people of thixs
[11:00] Nebadon Izumi: i made a new one
[11:00] Nebadon Izumi: it has Youtube player included
[11:00] Nebadon Izumi: says HD on the screen
[11:00] nabiki landar: but tha script must move more slow
[11:00] Warin Cascabel: Arrrrgh.
[11:00] Nebadon Izumi: ah actually its turned off
[11:00] Darren Vayandar: i butchered urs and tx oh's scripts and have now made one that plays youtube from a notecard, people may like that
[11:01] nabiki landar: what are you going to do here now?
[11:01] Nebadon Izumi: oh yea definatly Darren
[11:01] Hiro Protagonist: oh yeah Darren I'd love that
[11:01] nabiki landar: what are you going to do now here?
[11:01] Justin Clark-Casey is Online
[11:01] Darren Vayandar: I'll drop it in the garden later
[11:01] Nebadon Izumi: this is our weekly Office Hours meeting Nabiki
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: we'll be talking about many topics
[11:02] nabiki landar: what are this hours for?
[11:02] Darren Vayandar: in the meantime it is copyable within the region insanity
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: mostly just OpenSIM development
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: anythinhg you want to bring up its open to everyone
[11:02] nabiki landar: ok
[11:02] nabiki landar: i will like speak about gimp, artrage, and texturitation
[11:03] Darren Vayandar: Het fly man, is that windows gui thing on gforge broken at the moment?
[11:03] Warin Cascabel: Is anyone else experiencing issues with deleted objects coming back after the sim is restarted?
[11:03] Nebadon Izumi: yes
[11:03] Nebadon Izumi: happend here today
[11:03] Nebadon Izumi: eventually it did erase
[11:03] Nebadon Izumi: took 2 restarts
[11:03] Nebadon Izumi: and 2 deletes
[11:03] Nebadon Izumi: but it did go away
[11:04] Warin Cascabel: I ultimately ended up writing out an oar, wiping the sim and reloading the oar - I think they came back five times before I resorted to that.
[11:04] Nebadon Izumi: yea its very random
[11:04] Nebadon Izumi: i cant make it happen
[11:04] Justin Clark-Casey: interesting. Thgere have been changes in this area recently. A bug report would be welcome
[11:04] Warin Cascabel: Will do, Justin.
[11:04] Justin Clark-Casey: I haven't seen any bugs reports for that issue come in yet
[11:04] Warin Cascabel: I'm also unable to create new scripts in my region - but it works next door in Lbsa, which is running the same version, so I may have something screwed up on my installation.
[11:04] Nebadon Izumi: charles cant make it today
[11:05] Nebadon Izumi: he has prior meeting with his RL work
[11:05] Nebadon Izumi: Whump will be 30 minutes late
[11:05] Nebadon Izumi: so we can get started i think
[11:05] Justin Clark-Casey: ok
[11:05] Darren Vayandar: I noticed the picture on the wall, did you devs actually get together?
[11:05] whump joins #osgrid-wp
[11:05] Nebadon Izumi: there was a Virtual Worlds Conference
[11:06] Nebadon Izumi: and some of the developers attended, and OpenSIM won the inovation award
[11:06] Darren Vayandar: cool, I noticed they were from far and wide
[11:06] Nebadon Izumi: it was in Los Angeles
[11:06] Justin Clark-Casey: yes, most of us are pretty wide :)
[11:06] Nebadon Izumi: hehehe
[11:06] Darren Vayandar: lol
[11:06] Hiro Protagonist: some more so than others :3
[11:06] Nebadon Izumi: so i guess the big topic right now is this OpenJpeg stuff
[11:07] whump: Here, but lurking until 11:30, in another meeting.
[11:07] Hiro Protagonist: howdeh whump
[11:07] Justin Clark-Casey: okay, so jhurliman is working on the issues
[11:07] Nebadon Izumi: jhurliman seemed to think he would have things worked out in 24 hours or so
[11:07] Nebadon Izumi: so if your having issues revert to 7364 for now
[11:07] Justin Clark-Casey: cool
[11:07] Nebadon Izumi: and soon we'll be moving forward
[11:07] Hiro Protagonist: ok som maybe lets pretend thats all good and move on from there?
[11:07] coyled joins #osgrid-wp
[11:07] Nebadon Izumi: sure for now
[11:08] Justin Clark-Casey: wow, frametimes are really good today!
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: :)
[11:08] Justin Clark-Casey: relatively speaking at least - I do wonder how accurate they are sometimes
[11:08] Hiro Protagonist: Ok so what's on the agenda
[11:09] Kurt Stringer is Online
[11:10] Fly Man: Well, the latest build seemt to keep us busy
[11:10] Fly Man: but when it's working again
[11:10] Fly Man: what's the next step ?
[11:10] Hiro Protagonist: How is the work with SOG/SOP progressing JustinCC?
[11:11] Justin Clark-Casey: well, I've kind of been diverted a bit recently. Also, I think it will take some time unless someone steps in and makes a crazy effort (I'm thinking of Melanie here :-)
[11:11] Hiro Protagonist: Hrm
[11:11] Justin Clark-Casey: I'd personally much prefer a more gradual changeover otherwise we may have to deal with a big crop of new bugs
[11:12] Hiro Protagonist: well there's much waiting on that to get finished, so since Teravus is not here, I will assert "Actionable!"
[11:12] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: any improvement o login?
[11:12] Justin Clark-Casey: Hiro: patches welcome!
[11:12] Hiro Protagonist: ROFL!!
[11:12] Fly Man: Anyone: Did anyone already test the ANTS profiler ?
[11:12] Hiro Protagonist: that's the LAST thing we need, is me making patches for SOG/SOP
[11:12] Justin Clark-Casey: Dunno. Adam might have
[11:13] Fly Man: to see if that will shows more info about the processes ?
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: sorry guys im back
[11:13] Justin Clark-Casey: hiro: you're doing vehicle related work?
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: Condo maintence knocking on my door
[11:13] Hiro Protagonist: Yes, quite a bit recently
[11:13] Hiro Protagonist: in fact, we pretty well have a working sailboat, putting polish on it now
[11:14] Nebadon Izumi: nice how is the sailboat coming along?
[11:14] Nebadon Izumi: anything you can share with anyone yet?
[11:14] Hiro Protagonist: it's all still pretty proof of concept, but the difficult bits are resolved
[11:14] Nebadon Izumi: nice
[11:14] Hiro Protagonist: I suspect that this weekend we wil demo and make it available
[11:14] Nebadon Izumi: awesome cant wait
[11:14] Justin Clark-Casey: hiro: so what is blocking you on the sog/sop issue? Is that not all LSL/prim work?
[11:15] Hiro Protagonist: well, the final implementation of static objects in ODE (think linksets) is waiting on that, as are all the typical ll vehicle functions
[11:15] Hiro Protagonist: basically, the rest of LSL
[11:15] Justin Clark-Casey: ok
[11:15] Nebadon Izumi: well the fact that we are talking about vehicles at all is awesome
[11:15] Hiro Protagonist: we managed to accomplish what we have done through the use of apply impulse and setforce
[11:16] Hiro Protagonist: and by exploiting a bug that makes llSetPos physical where it shouldnt be
[11:16] Hiro Protagonist: oops
[11:16] Hiro Protagonist: llSetRot
[11:16] Justin Clark-Casey: mmm, risky - you better not let idb hear of that bug :)
[11:16] Darren Vayandar: I hear this thing is more responsive than anything in SL
[11:17] Hiro Protagonist: well, I think we can make a case for keeping it as-is until we get the rest of physics ready to fill in where it should
[11:17] Hiro Protagonist: yes, it is as good or better than an SL craft in it's handling
[11:17] Nebadon Izumi: cool, i think the problem with SL is not vehicle physics
[11:17] Nebadon Izumi: but sim lag
[11:17] Nebadon Izumi: that makes vehicles suck there
[11:18] Hiro Protagonist: we have yet to really run more than one of them at a time though
[11:18] Hiro Protagonist: I would tend to agree
[11:19] Hiro Protagonist: there is a similar bug in llTargetOmega
[11:19] Nebadon Izumi: well one thing that really gives me hope too is i was able a few days ago
[11:19] Nebadon Izumi: to fly from Wright Plaza to Zaius Plaza
[11:19] Hiro Protagonist: except it fails to go physical where it should
[11:19] Nebadon Izumi: without crash or even the slightest bit of lag
[11:19] Hiro Protagonist: yeah I heard :D
[11:19] Justin Clark-Casey: over how many regions is that?
[11:19] Nebadon Izumi: 12
[11:19] Nebadon Izumi: the route i chose
[11:19] Justin Clark-Casey: cool
[11:19] Nebadon Izumi: my record to date is 21
[11:19] Nebadon Izumi: but i was never able to make it from one plaza to the other before this week
[11:19] Hiro Protagonist: once we get the ability to region-transit scripts, this is going to be a fantastic place to go sailing
[11:20] Justin Clark-Casey: how big is the sailing community? I hadn't even heard about it until recently. But then I don't go In Second Life all that often
[11:20] Nebadon Izumi: its fairly large, but in comparison to their whole population
[11:20] Nebadon Izumi: its rather small
[11:20] Hiro Protagonist: I'd number them somewhere between 4k-6k peeps
[11:20] Darren Vayandar: I think bri hasp is gonna come now, a sailing fan I believe
[11:21] Hiro Protagonist: she is already here
[11:21] Hiro Protagonist: she has provided the other sims in which we have been working
[11:21] Chaise Torok is Online
[11:21] Justin Clark-Casey: nice
[11:21] You shout: Meeting is upstairs
[11:21] Darren Vayandar: I mean to this meeting
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: yea she is downstairs
[11:21] Blaksmith Rubble: finally back.. had to do some running around.. .
[11:22] Hiro Protagonist: as soon as we complete the boat I will begin solo work on airships and aircraft
[11:22] Nebadon Izumi: heading up now
[11:22] Darren Vayandar: right
[11:22] Nebadon Izumi: Hello everyone just getting here
[11:22] Hiro Protagonist: Hiya Bri :D
[11:22] Bri Hasp: ciao
[11:22] Justin Clark-Casey: Hi Bri
[11:23] Nebadon Izumi: so what else is on everyones mind?
[11:23] Nebadon Izumi: any other thorns in anyones sides?
[11:23] Blaksmith Rubble: hrm... sit is putting me at -1,0,0
[11:23] Nebadon Izumi: thats odd
[11:23] Chaise joins #osgrid-wp
[11:23] Blaksmith Rubble: could be my net ... (does it on SL sometimes too)
[11:23] Nebadon Izumi: ah interesting
[11:23] Blaksmith Rubble: so, did I miss anything?
[11:23] Justin Clark-Casey: wow, frame times have shot up
[11:23] Chaise Torok is Offline
[11:24] Nebadon Izumi: not much, datwitch was telling us about sailboats
[11:24] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: any improvement on the login pauses?
[11:24] Bri Hasp: I had 'over persist priblems with latest svn.. so reverted back to 57
[11:24] Nebadon Izumi: not really Justin no
[11:24] Nebadon Izumi: its a bit less
[11:24] Nebadon Izumi: but its still happening
[11:24] Justin Clark-Casey: yeah, we may have to wait on better monos unfortunately
[11:24] Nebadon Izumi: yea we are on 2.3 now
[11:24] Nebadon Izumi: here
[11:24] Nebadon Izumi: and the UGAIM
[11:24] Justin Clark-Casey: 2.3!
[11:24] Hiro Protagonist: Mel seems to think it's a threading issue
[11:25] Nebadon Izumi: yes sir
[11:25] Justin Clark-Casey: I suspect it's a prioritizatio nissue
[11:25] Nebadon Izumi: yea she thinks the Message server being a single thread
[11:25] Chaise Torok is Online
[11:25] Nebadon Izumi: is a problem
[11:25] Justin Clark-Casey: at the moment thread prioritization doesn't do anything
[11:25] Justin Clark-Casey: under mono
[11:25] Nebadon Izumi: ah
[11:25] Nebadon Izumi: have you testes 2.3 yet?
[11:25] Nebadon Izumi: what version are you running Justin?
[11:26] Nebadon Izumi: i recall your running an older version
[11:26] Justin Clark-Casey: I'm way down on mono 1.9.1
[11:26] Nebadon Izumi: ok thast not that bad
[11:26] Justin Clark-Casey: I tend to stick with Ubuntu bundled versions
[11:26] Nebadon Izumi: yea, i have had way more luck compiling mono myself
[11:26] Justin Clark-Casey: well,I pulled the mono svn code the other day, and they don't do prioriitization
[11:26] Nebadon Izumi: seems to run a bit better
[11:26] Nebadon Izumi: yea
[11:26] Justin Clark-Casey: once they do, I think we could improve things substantially
[11:26] Nebadon Izumi: nice, i must say though
[11:26] Nebadon Izumi: things are really alot better on 2.3
[11:27] Nebadon Izumi: wright plaza ran for 21 hours 2 days ago
[11:27] Kurt Stringer: +1 Ubuntu bundled version
[11:27] Nebadon Izumi: and 15 hours last night
[11:27] greg___ joins #osgrid-wp
[11:27] Blaksmith Rubble: I have 1.2.5 on one machine and 1.9.1 on another .. and both seem to be running ok
[11:27] greg___ is now known as periapse
[11:27] Justin Clark-Casey: they're moving fast - I thought they only recently had 2.0.1
[11:27] Nebadon Izumi: yea
[11:27] Nebadon Izumi: release is 2.0.0
[11:27] Nebadon Izumi: 2.0.2
[11:27] Nebadon Izumi: sorry
[11:27] Nebadon Izumi: and svn is 2.3
[11:27] Hiro Protagonist: Hiya Periapse :D
[11:27] Nebadon Izumi: but yea, i think the mono revision guy does drugs
[11:28] Justin Clark-Casey: Ah okay, those guys jumping version numbers again? Heh
[11:28] periapse: hello all. grtings from LL seattle
[11:28] Blaksmith Rubble: LOL
[11:28] Chaise Torok: lol
[11:28] Fly-Man- quits saying ":Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)"
[11:28] Justin Clark-Casey: Hi periapse
[11:28] Fly Man: Hey Periapse :)
[11:28] Blaksmith Rubble: Hi Periapse
[11:28] Jeffronius Batra: Hi fellow Seattle resident...
[11:28] Nebadon Izumi: I know whump will be here real soon too
[11:28] Nebadon Izumi: any minute
[11:28] Nebadon Izumi: to talk about the linden stuff
[11:28] periapse: heya, Jeff
[11:29] Justin Clark-Casey: then Lindens are going to outnumber core OpenSim developers ;)
[11:29] Fly Man: OGP stuff when Whump is here as well :)
[11:29] periapse: whump will be there anon. we just got out of huddle
[11:29] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[11:29] CodeMnkey: gah, just got logged out again
[11:29] Jeffronius Batra: Periapse == "Rob" ?
[11:29] Nebadon Izumi: CodeMnkey you might restart your router
[11:29] Nebadon Izumi: sounds like your having net issues
[11:29] Fly-Man- joins #osgrid-wp
[11:29] Blaksmith Rubble is Online
[11:30] Fly Man: Welcome Whump :)
[11:30] Nebadon Izumi: so anyone else have anything while we wait for whump?
[11:30] CodeMnkey is now known as Blaksmith
[11:30] Hiro Protagonist: Whump's here I think
[11:30] periapse: Rob == Rob. Periapse == gtp (ex amazon)
[11:30] Blaksmith: it's my isp .. not me direclty .. they are being a PITA about fixing it again
[11:30] Nebadon Izumi: any cool sims you have seen
[11:30] Nebadon Izumi: or stuff you have built
[11:30] Nebadon Izumi: here he is
[11:30] Nebadon Izumi: hello Whump
[11:30] Fly Man: Hey Whump :)
[11:30] Whump Linden: Hey
[11:30] Justin Clark-Casey: Hi Whump
[11:30] Bri Hasp: Hiro can tell Y'all bout our sailboat
[11:31] Nebadon Izumi: so hows thing over at Linden Labs
[11:31] Bri Hasp: will need crossing soon to race
[11:31] Whump Linden: Heh, I should spend some cylcles here on getting my avatar up to snuff.
[11:31] Blaksmith Rubble: ok, I'm back ...
[11:31] Whump Linden: Thanks Fly Man.
[11:31] Fly Man: Yw Whump :)
[11:32] Blaksmith Rubble waves HI to the LL staff
[11:32] Whump Linden: Thanks, Blaksmith.
[11:32] Nebadon Izumi: ok Whump feel free to take the floor
[11:32] Fly Man: Okay, how's the OGP this week ?
[11:32] Whump Linden: So updates on OGP: we pushed out some updates to the agent domain yesterday.
[11:33] Whump Linden: This is so that when the AD sends a rez request, it's sending the actual avatar data instead of filling it in with boiler plate values.
[11:33] Justin Clark-Casey: nice
[11:34] Whump Linden: We're also looking at an issue with cap revocation that was causing a problem if you tried to log back in after disconnecting.
[11:34] Nebadon Izumi: nice, do you have any numbers on how many people are participating in OGP now?
[11:34] Justin Clark-Casey: wow
[11:35] Fly Man: Yw Jcc
[11:35] Whump Linden: We have around 300 agents in Gridnauts, and ...
[11:35] Nebadon Izumi: nice
[11:35] Whump Linden: is it 30 or 60 regions
[11:35] Nebadon Izumi: wow thats way more than what i expected
[11:35] Justin Clark-Casey: you see, I'm too lazy to transform myself :)
[11:35] Whump Linden: Thanks.
[11:36] Whump Linden: I don't at the moment have any thing on the next beta steps, but we'll continue to fix bugs as they are reported.
[11:36] Fly Man: Whump, how's your Mantis at this moment ?
[11:36] Fly Man: Did that resolve somewhere this week ?
[11:36] Fly Man: or is it still open ?
[11:37] Whump Linden: I didn't get an email from mantis about the multi-region child issue.
[11:37] Whump Linden: But I have not updated from trunk in over a week.
[11:37] Fly Man: Please don't ;)
[11:37] Fly Man: As it's a bit messy now
[11:37] Whump Linden: is there a safe revision to go to?
[11:37] Nebadon Izumi: hehe yea an update for all those who got here a little late
[11:37] Nebadon Izumi: there are some problems on head
[11:38] Nebadon Izumi: so if your looking for stable 7364 is your revision
[11:38] Blaksmith Rubble: 7364 I think ..
[11:38] Bri Hasp: aha
[11:38] Fly Man: 7364 is the safe one at the moment I think
[11:38] Whump Linden: thanks, I'll see what I'm on, but it's probably < 7364.
[11:38] Fly Man: yeah
[11:38] Nebadon Izumi: hopefully in the next 24 hours
[11:38] Bri Hasp: mumbles 'no wonder'
[11:38] Nebadon Izumi: we can get head back to relatively stable
[11:38] Fly Man: and if you run a UGAIM
[11:38] Fly Man: make sure you update that ;)
[11:39] Whump Linden: UGAIM?
[11:39] Nebadon Izumi: the back end servers whump
[11:39] Nebadon Izumi: user /grid etc..
[11:39] Justin Clark-Casey: Whump: do you guys have a name for your backends?
[11:39] Whump Linden: ah, I'm running all-in one.
[11:39] Whump Linden: Justin, we refer to them as centrals.
[11:39] Fly Man: Hey Justin, catch
[11:39] Fly Man: don't wear them out ...
[11:40] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[11:40] Justin Clark-Casey: cool
[11:40] Justin Clark-Casey: baby got new shoes
[11:40] Darren Vayandar: UGAIM is cool, reminds you what order to start them in too
[11:40] Justin Clark-Casey: well, there was once talk of having lots more services
[11:40] Fly Man: Well, H is going to be added ;)
[11:40] Justin Clark-Casey: which would have made it unwieldy - but luckily for mnemonic fans that hasn't yet happened?
[11:40] Nebadon Izumi: for those interested in web stats
[11:40] Justin Clark-Casey: H?
[11:40] Fly Man: Hyper
[11:41] Nebadon Izumi:
[11:41] Justin Clark-Casey: I don't think Hyper is a servce as such
[11:41] Hiro Protagonist: yeah ckrinke was trying to make the acronym 'UGAISM"
[11:41] Nebadon Izumi: i need to update again, but there are some interesting stats there
[11:41] Whump Linden wonders if I can have Hypergrid coexist with OGP, anyone try that yet?
[11:41] Hiro Protagonist: I think Hyper needs to get folded into 'Grid'
[11:42] Nebadon Izumi: the coutry reports are all countries that had 500 or more visitors
[11:42] Fly Man: Whump, you could ask Diva about that
[11:42] Whump Linden: Okay, that's what I have for today, unless there's questions.
[11:43] Fly Man: Yeah, 1 question
[11:43] Fly Man: Get some clothes ;)
[11:43] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[11:43] Whump Linden takes action item to make a decent av
[11:43] Fly Man: ;)
[11:43] Whump Linden: or am I starkers?
[11:43] Whump Linden: I just see grey?
[11:43] Fly Man: Periapse, what was your part again ?
[11:43] Blaksmith Rubble: kinda grey to me
[11:43] Justin Clark-Casey: I'll wear any donated clothes
[11:44] Nebadon Izumi: yea for some reason i see a few grey folks
[11:44] Justin Clark-Casey: maybe a rebake is in order?
[11:44] Nebadon Izumi: seems we still have some clogs
[11:44] ocsean joins #osgrid-wp
[11:44] Kurt Stringer is Offline
[11:44] Bri Hasp: un my eyes.. Whump n jcc
[11:44] periapse: sorry, my part? I'm a Program Manager. Open Platform, LSL on Mono, et al
[11:44] Justin Clark-Casey: am I grey?
[11:44] Chaise Torok: You're grey to me too Whump
[11:44] Bri Hasp: ok now jcc
[11:45] Blaksmith Rubble: not to me jcc
[11:45] Justin Clark-Casey: hmm, I did do one rebake
[11:45] Justin Clark-Casey: that's disappointing
[11:45] Fly Man: Periapse, are there being take actions to prevent that OS functions get kicked out in any new viewer ?
[11:45] Bri Hasp: cute red pantaloons
[11:45] Nebadon Izumi: ok theres Whump
[11:45] Nebadon Izumi: he baked
[11:45] Justin Clark-Casey: I think that was resolved some time ago
[11:45] Blaksmith Rubble: ctl-alt-d to make sure advanced is up.. then ctrl-alt-r
[11:45] Nebadon Izumi: yea id say 1 in 10 logins still result in grey
[11:45] Nebadon Izumi: usually its under load of some kind
[11:45] Nebadon Izumi: probably login locking
[11:46] Justin Clark-Casey: oh - maybe it's some race condition rearing it's ugly head
[11:46] Nebadon Izumi: multiple logins hitting at same moment
[11:46] Nebadon Izumi: probably
[11:46] periapse: Not that I am aware of. There is currently no support for LSL extensions. Babbage is quite willing to talk about a common scripting solution for sL and OpenSim
[11:46] Justin Clark-Casey: yeah, or perhaps things are timing out
[11:46] periapse: (as long as it involves Mono)
[11:46] Justin Clark-Casey: periapse; interesting. I think we worked around the os issue by marking all scripts as running under mono
[11:46] Justin Clark-Casey: then it appears that the viewer doesn't check them (or doesn't enforce failure)
[11:46] Whump Linden: fyi, Robin Wood has a tshirt template that's good,
[11:47] Nebadon Izumi: nice, perhaps we can arange in the future for Babbage or on of the engineers to attend a tuesday meeting
[11:47] Darren Vayandar: the Man Utd one looks just fine, lol
[11:47] Justin Clark-Casey: woah. The only problem is I'm not a football fan
[11:47] Justin Clark-Casey: so I might get into some awkward conversatinos
[11:47] Hiro Protagonist: LOL
[11:47] periapse: If you'd like that, I'll ping Babbage today. Who should I talk to about getting him on the calendar for one of these meetings?
[11:48] Nebadon Izumi: you can speak with ckrinke or datwitch or myself
[11:48] Nebadon Izumi: datwitch being Hiro
[11:48] Hiro Protagonist is daTwitch on IRC
[11:48] Darren Vayandar: I need to change back from this nasty Liverpool one
[11:48] Justin Clark-Casey: well, I think we need to be sure there is someone here for him to talk with
[11:48] Nebadon Izumi: sure i meant for one of thse tuesday meetings Justin
[11:48] periapse: kk. I'll ping him and see what his schedule is like. Try to give you some lead time
[11:49] Justin Clark-Casey: cool. Don't want to waste his time ;)
[11:49] Nebadon Izumi: yea i dont want that either
[11:49] Nebadon Izumi: but i think if we can get together on some scripting stuff
[11:49] Nebadon Izumi: that would be excellent
[11:49] Hiro Protagonist: nah, we wouldnt drag him out here without getting someone to meet with him first
[11:49] Davy Jones: perhaps if the client could tell it was not connected to a Linden grid it might be possible to make it less strict about things like scripts
[11:49] Hiro Protagonist: I think Mel has spent a bit of time with him in RL over drinks, she is a likely candidate
[11:49] Fly Man: Justin, Jhurliman needs your attention ;)
[11:49] Nebadon Izumi: cool lets get mel here too
[11:49] Nebadon Izumi: for that meeting
[11:49] Nebadon Izumi: maybe Adam too
[11:50] Hiro Protagonist nods
[11:50] Justin Clark-Casey: yes indeed - I am tracking multiple conversations as we speak
[11:50] Hiro Protagonist: I'll talk it up with them both when I get the chance
[11:50] Fly Man: Yeah, I think Mel will be here then :)
[11:50] Nebadon Izumi: cool sounds like a plan
[11:50] Justin Clark-Casey: however, I don't think we actually have an issue tat the moment, right?
[11:50] Nebadon Izumi: no not at the moment
[11:50] Justin Clark-Casey: We're using os methods just fine at the moment
[11:50] Nebadon Izumi: but anytime we can get together is good
[11:50] Hiro Protagonist: no none that I am aware of
[11:51] Nebadon Izumi: even if only to let each other know where things stand
[11:51] Fly-Man-: Diva, please accompany us in the Wright Conference Room
[11:51] Dahlia Trimble is Online
[11:51] Fly Man: *grins*
[11:51] Fly Man: Some people still think about that 1 hour difference for this meeting
[11:51] Blaksmith Rubble: one scripting issue I noticed... havn't tested to see if it was a change in the timing of a script, or if it was the upgrade to 7364 ... a working dance ball now works, without maxing out the # of running scripts ...
[11:52] Dahlia Trimble: Hi :)
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: nice, probably recent changes
[11:52] Justin Clark-Casey: Hi Dahlia
[11:52] Blaksmith Rubble: before, it used to ignore event que... even on timers... even though from what I read, timers were supposed to be processed anyway
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: hello Dahlia and UCI
[11:52] Justin Clark-Casey: actually, one thing we may want to consider is whether to make XEngine the default scripting engine
[11:52] Blaksmith Rubble: but, it is not throwing those ignores now
[11:52] Justin Clark-Casey: any thoughts on that?
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: has my vote Justin
[11:53] Nebadon Izumi: Xengine is far superior
[11:53] Hiro Protagonist: mine too - I'm using it exclusively already anyway
[11:53] Admin UCI: Hey Neb, Hey everyone, (Sean here)
[11:53] Blaksmith Rubble: sounds good to me too .. just need to find a wiki that has all the XEngine commands
[11:53] Davy Jones: events and states work far better
[11:53] Fly Man: Hey Sean :)
[11:53] Nebadon Izumi: well remember
[11:53] Justin Clark-Casey: yeah, I'm using it myself
[11:53] Dahlia Trimble: Hi sean :)
[11:53] Nebadon Izumi: default doesnt mean your forced to change
[11:53] Chaise Torok: Hi sean
[11:53] Nebadon Izumi: you can still stick on dotnet if its serving your purposes
[11:54] Justin Clark-Casey: Hi Sean
[11:54] Fly Man: if Xengine is faster
[11:54] Fly Man: then I'd change ...
[11:54] Nebadon Izumi: yea its faster/leaner more stable
[11:54] Fly Man: but as I think there's less people working on Xengine
[11:54] Fly Man: so for now NRE works for me
[11:54] Nebadon Izumi: hmm i dunno about less
[11:54] Nebadon Izumi: whos working on DNE?
[11:54] Nebadon Izumi: is anyone?
[11:54] Fly Man raises hand
[11:55] Blaksmith Rubble: is there a good site to get the commands yet? if not... will there be one in the future?
[11:55] Nebadon Izumi: k
[11:55] Nebadon Izumi: yea i havent seen much updates for DNE
[11:55] Nebadon Izumi: if were going on patches
[11:55] Nebadon Izumi: Xengine is far more worked on
[11:55] Davy Jones: much code now shared, but state and events handled differently
[11:55] Nebadon Izumi: yea, does anyone know if we can run both engines again?
[11:56] Nebadon Izumi: there was a time when listen scripts stopped working
[11:56] Nebadon Izumi: when both were enabled
[11:56] Nebadon Izumi: i'll have to test that later
[11:56] Bri Hasp: yep both works Neb
[11:56] Dahlia Trimble: was there any discussion on the texture patch from yesterday?
[11:56] jhurliman joins #osgrid-wp
[11:56] melanie_t joins #osgrid-wp
[11:56] Nebadon Izumi: a bit
[11:56] Nebadon Izumi: jhurliman is working on it
[11:56] Hiro Protagonist: welcome JHurliman
[11:56] Fly Man: There's Mel and Jhur
[11:56] Nebadon Izumi: he seems to think in the next 24 hours
[11:57] Nebadon Izumi: it will be resolved
[11:57] Blaksmith Rubble: WElcome more LL staff
[11:57] Dahlia Trimble: hiya mel and jhurli
[11:57] Hiro Protagonist: Hi Mel :D
[11:57] Fly Man: But can we make XEngine the only engine
[11:57] Whump Linden: thanks
[11:57] Whump Linden: okay, need to run
[11:57] Fly Man: and phase out the DNe ?
[11:57] Dahlia Trimble: you too whump ;)
[11:57] Nebadon Izumi: ok whump, thanks for your time and info
[11:57] philippeD joins #osgrid-wp
[11:57] Fly Man: or keep it running next to XEngine ?
[11:57] Nebadon Izumi: no keep both
[11:57] Bossman joins #osgrid-wp
[11:57] Nebadon Izumi: just make Xeingine default in opensim.ini
[11:57] whump quits saying ":"
[11:57] Nebadon Izumi: thats all
[11:58] Nebadon Izumi: we will always have both engines
[11:58] Fly Man: but does XEngine work well with listen now ?
[11:58] Chris D is Online
[11:58] Nebadon Izumi: Xengine always did
[11:58] Justin Clark-Casey: we also need to swithc the default encoded in OpenSim
[11:58] Nebadon Izumi: it only didnt
[11:58] Nebadon Izumi: when DNE was enabled too
[11:58] Nebadon Izumi: you had to disable DNE to make Xegine listens work
[11:58] Nebadon Izumi: but apparently thats fixed
[11:58] Nebadon Izumi: i'll test later to be sure
[11:58] Justin Clark-Casey: well, I think there should be a mailing list notice before doing it, for maximum verbiage!
[11:58] Admin UCI: is there a known issue with release 7381? (the latest)
[11:59] Nebadon Izumi: ya definatly
[11:59] Hiro Protagonist: JustinCC +1
[11:59] Nebadon Izumi: +1 on more feedback
[11:59] Blaksmith Rubble: maybe that's what was causing the race condition in some of my other scripts .. filling up the event que
[11:59] Justin Clark-Casey: if someone wants to kick off a dicussion that would be nice
[11:59] Hiro Protagonist: Sure is Sean
[11:59] Justin Clark-Casey: 'm running out of bandwidth myself
[11:59] Nebadon Izumi: it might be Blaksmith
[11:59] Nebadon Izumi: give it a test and file a mantis if it fixes it
[11:59] PocoLoco_AFK joins #osgrid-wp
[11:59] Admin UCI: that would explain why it crashes each time I login to it
[11:59] Blaksmith Rubble: ok
[11:59] Hiro Protagonist: what rev is the stablest right now Neb?
[11:59] Nebadon Izumi: yes Admin
[11:59] Nebadon Izumi: 7364 is cut off
[11:59] Nebadon Izumi: or you will crash on login
[12:00] Nebadon Izumi: or other fun stuff too
[12:00] Chris D is Offline
[12:00] Nebadon Izumi: fix is being worked out
[12:00] Admin UCI: so I need to go back to 7364??
[12:00] Nebadon Izumi: yea for now
[12:00] Nebadon Izumi: if your carshing
[12:00] Nebadon Izumi: apparently some dont
[12:00] Admin UCI: kk, will do
[12:00] Nebadon Izumi: but if you are
[12:00] Nebadon Izumi: please revert for now
[12:00] Fly-Man-: If you compile it with 1.9.1 the latest head compiles
[12:00] Admin UCI: yes, twice in a row it crashed
[12:00] Chris D is Online
[12:00] Nebadon Izumi: yea same with this sim
[12:01] Admin UCI: I'm using mono 1.9.1
[12:01] Nebadon Izumi: Linux takes it way worse
[12:01] Nebadon Izumi: windows keeps chugging
[12:01] Nebadon Izumi: but spews red like crazy on console
[12:01] periapse: heading out. thanks for letting me lurk
[12:01] Nebadon Izumi: linux just dies
[12:01] Chaise Torok: We had issues last night trying to upgrade a Debian vps to 7372 as well, good fun :)
[12:01] whump joins #osgrid-wp
[12:01] Hiro Protagonist: TC Periapse
[12:01] Admin UCI: yeah, I'm on CentOS-5
[12:01] periapse parts #osgrid-wp
[12:02] Nebadon Izumi: well thats our hour folks
[12:02] Nebadon Izumi: anyone have anything else?
[12:02] Nebadon Izumi: we can keep going
[12:02] Nebadon Izumi: but i figured id atleast mark the hour
[12:02] Fly Man: Any things that will be put into head this week ?
[12:02] whump quits saying ":Client Quit"
[12:02] Fly Man: Will Adam be "tampering" around ?
[12:02] Nebadon Izumi: not that i know of
[12:02] groux joins #osgrid-wp
[12:02] Nebadon Izumi: but you can be assured if he does he will let everyone know
[12:02] Blaksmith Rubble: something minor .. I did a mantis on it .. on a linked prim, trying to put a notecard into the child prim, it just won't go in
[12:02] Hiro Protagonist: Let us hope LOL
[12:03] Hiro Protagonist: nor will anything else
[12:03] melanie_t: yes. dragging into child prim inventories has (had?) issues
[12:03] Hiro Protagonist: you have to unlink it, deposit to its inventory, then link it
[12:03] melanie_t: i think i saw a fix
[12:03] Nebadon Izumi: Mel as far as i know it just poofs
[12:03] Hiro Protagonist: recent Mel?
[12:03] Nebadon Izumi: if you drag into child
[12:03] Nebadon Izumi: also cant edit stuff
[12:03] Nebadon Izumi: in child
[12:03] Hiro Protagonist: I cant rename things in prims either
[12:04] Nebadon Izumi: yep
[12:04] Justin Clark-Casey: okay, people might want to try r7382 which contains a fix for the texture issue from jhurliman
[12:04] Hiro Protagonist: I can edit child scripts
[12:04] Nebadon Izumi: ok Justin
[12:04] Nebadon Izumi: hang on
[12:04] Nebadon Izumi: i'll update ZP
[12:04] Nebadon Izumi: i'll know instantly
[12:04] Hiro Protagonist: ok, it's back to ranch for me
[12:04] Dahlia Trimble: is that head?
[12:04] Hiro Protagonist waves
[12:04] Nebadon Izumi: heh woops
[12:04] Nebadon Izumi: i never restarted ZP
[12:04] Blaksmith Rubble: bye Hiro
[12:04] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[12:04] Nebadon Izumi: it was sitting at dos
[12:04] Justin Clark-Casey: hold on - forgotton file
[12:04] jhurliman: wait! 7382 is missing a dll
[12:04] Nebadon Izumi: ok
[12:04] jhurliman: wait for 7383
[12:05] daTwitch: LOL JHurliman
[12:05] jhurliman: ok, 7383 is up. try it
[12:05] Dahlia Trimble has a trigger finger on the update button
[12:05] Admin UCI: is that also supposed to fix the linux crashing?
[12:05] Nebadon Izumi: it might
[12:05] Nebadon Izumi: we need to test Admin
[12:05] jhurliman: Admin UCI: in theory
[12:05] Admin UCI: I'll try it
[12:05] Nebadon Izumi: :) thanks
[12:06] jhurliman: but this is all theoretical until someone declares it fixed or broken
[12:06] Dahlia Trimble: was it a server crash? I was only getting client session crashes
[12:06] Nebadon Izumi: both
[12:06] Nebadon Izumi: varying
[12:06] Justin Clark-Casey: alright, time to go
[12:06] Justin Clark-Casey: bye folks
[12:06] Admin UCI: OpenSim.exe was crashing to prompt for me on Centos-5
[12:06] Nebadon Izumi: ok Justin
[12:06] Nebadon Izumi: thanks for time
[12:06] Blaksmith Rubble waves to JCC
[12:06] Dahlia Trimble: laterz justincc
[12:06] Chaise Torok: I was getting server crashes. Sometimes immediately during startup. Sometimes when a user logged in.
[12:07] Justin Clark-Casey is Offline
[12:07] Admin UCI: mine was crashing when a user logged in, twice in a row
[12:07] Dahlia Trimble: I never had a server problem
[12:07] Chris D is Offline
[12:07] Nebadon Izumi: yea i saw everything everyone just said
[12:07] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[12:07] Jenni Briggs: what version
[12:07] Fly Man: Build succefull (Windows .Net 2.0)
[12:07] Dahlia Trimble: only that "client session has crashed" message and I needed to relog
[12:07] Nebadon Izumi: yea ZP is starting
[12:08] Admin UCI: I was on 7381 just a few mins ago
[12:08] Dahlia Trimble teleports home to try it... bye all :)
[12:08] Nebadon Izumi: see ya Dahlia
[12:08] Nebadon Izumi: yay for non crashing meetings
[12:08] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[12:08] Blaksmith Rubble: woot

Personal tools
About This Wiki