Chat log from the meeting on 2008-09-23

From OpenSimulator

Jump to: navigation, search
Tuesday Meeting @ Wright Plaza on OSGrid

[12:02] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Visitor List:
[12:02] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Nebadon Izumi
[12:02] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Sylvian Sapwood
[12:02] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Kay Douglas
[12:02] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: sacha Magne
[12:02] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Foobar Lindman
[12:02] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Fran Koolhoven
[12:02] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Francisco Koolhoven
[12:02] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Charles Krinkeb
[12:02] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Lexa Sands
[12:02] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Homer Horwitz
[12:02] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: BlueWall Slade
[12:02] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Jesus Christ
[12:02] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Cel Edman
[12:02] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Warin Cascabel
[12:02] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Neas Bade
[12:02] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Justin Clark-Casey
[12:02] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Melanie Milland
[12:02] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Whump Linden
[12:02] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Reena Bismuth
[12:02] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Chris D
[12:02] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Richardus Raymaker
[12:02] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Admin UCI
[12:02] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Nitsuj Yesac-Kralc
[12:02] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Martin Rysavy
[12:02] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Neelam Onyx
[12:02] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Teravus Ousley
[12:02] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Johanna Hyacinth
[12:02] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Chris Down
[12:02] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Ven Zimer
[12:02] Visitor List Recorder v1.1:
[12:02] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Total = 30

[10:30] sacha Magne: hehe
[10:30] Foobar Lindman: hi nebadon
[10:30] Kay Douglas: lag here
[10:30] Kay Douglas: lol
[10:31] UUID Speaker: Foobar Lindman, your key is 1a567098-3295-49de-9b21-6858df01ee25
[10:31] sacha Magne: nebadon ?
[10:31] Nebadon Izumi: hello
[10:31] sacha Magne: hi
[10:31] sacha Magne: i got a personal issue to solve now
[10:31] Sylvian Sapwood: Hi Nebadon
[10:31] sacha Magne: i won't be here for the meeting
[10:31] Nebadon Izumi: k
[10:31] sacha Magne: if the wiki is today
[10:32] sacha Magne: or thursday ?
[10:32] Nebadon Izumi: thrusday
[10:32] Nebadon Izumi: today is the office hours meeting
[10:32] sacha Magne: and the wiki is thursday ?
[10:32] Nebadon Izumi: yes
[10:32] sacha Magne: ok
[10:32] Nebadon Izumi: i need to make a schedule board
[10:32] Nebadon Izumi: for this region
[10:32] Foobar Lindman: what is the diff between office hour meeting and wiki ?
[10:33] sacha Magne: i need to catch my son in paris. he is stuck in the station.
[10:33] Nebadon Izumi: wiki will be a wiki cleanup session
[10:33] Nebadon Izumi: this is more a general discussion meeting
[10:33] Foobar Lindman: greves ?
[10:33] Nebadon Izumi: open to everyone
[10:33] sacha Magne: yes greves
[10:33] sacha Magne: he waited his train 3h
[10:34] Sylvian Sapwood: Is this a weekly meeting
[10:34] Nebadon Izumi: yes
[10:34] Nebadon Izumi: every tuesday
[10:34] Nebadon Izumi: noon PST
[10:34] Sylvian Sapwood: I'm just a casual visitor but it's good to know when it's a good time to visit and find people here
[10:35] Nebadon Izumi: yea its usually pretty busy here during the meetings
[10:35] Nebadon Izumi: 10-30 people
[10:35] Sylvian Sapwood: Is there room here for all of them ;-)
[10:35] Nebadon Izumi: hehe yea we jam everyone in usually
[10:35] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[10:35] Kay Douglas: Upload Texture it's possible ?
[10:36] Nebadon Izumi: 32 is the record
[10:36] Nebadon Izumi: sure
[10:36] Nebadon Izumi: upload is possible
[10:36] Foobar Lindman: nebadon : are you involved inthe web interface dev ?
[10:36] Nebadon Izumi: you might need to buy some L$
[10:36] Nebadon Izumi: i am
[10:36] Nebadon Izumi: the l$ is fake
[10:36] Nebadon Izumi: and doesnt cost any real money
[10:36] Nebadon Izumi: but click the blue circle L$ upper right corner
[10:36] Nebadon Izumi: enter an ammount
[10:36] Nebadon Izumi: it will credit you
[10:37] Nebadon Izumi: its all just testing right now
[10:37] Nebadon Izumi: but if you have 0L on the plazas
[10:37] Nebadon Izumi: you can not upload
[10:37] Kay Douglas: What Client do you used to connect on OSGrid ?
[10:37] Nebadon Izumi: Hippo
[10:37] Foobar Lindman: 1000 credit good
[10:37] Kay Douglas: I test Hippo and OpenSim Launcher
[10:38] Nebadon Izumi: launcher is for the server
[10:38] Nebadon Izumi: not clients
[10:38] Kay Douglas: nop
[10:38] Kay Douglas: for the client
[10:38] Nebadon Izumi: ah yea i havent tried that, the one on forge?
[10:38] Foobar Lindman: i tried to upload an image
[10:38] Nebadon Izumi: any luck?
[10:39] Foobar Lindman: i try again after crediting ...
[10:39] Nebadon Izumi: ah ok
[10:39] Nebadon Izumi: yea i just tried and it is working
[10:39] Foobar Lindman: the cost is $0
[10:39] Kay Douglas: I used this
[10:40] Kay Douglas: Do you know the creator of OSGrid ?
[10:40] Nebadon Izumi: there are several of us
[10:41] Kay Douglas: The latency problem the grid is not dispached all the world for example i'm in europe
[10:41] Kay Douglas: bug lag to connect on server Grid 200ms
[10:41] Nebadon Izumi: yea thats a little high, our grid servers are in NYC
[10:42] Nebadon Izumi: but each region is not owned by the grid
[10:42] Nebadon Izumi: some could be in china
[10:42] Nebadon Izumi: some could be in UK
[10:42] Nebadon Izumi: its spread all over the world
[10:42] Nebadon Izumi: my servers are in southern california
[10:42] Nebadon Izumi: as is this server we are on now
[10:42] Kay Douglas: You used big server for launch this Sim ?
[10:43] Nebadon Izumi: this server runs 2 simuolators
[10:43] Nebadon Izumi: its a Core2Duo 2ghz
[10:43] Nebadon Izumi: 2gb ram
[10:43] Kay Douglas: Great :)
[10:43] Kay Douglas: big server yes :)
[10:43] Nebadon Izumi: the other plaza serer is 2ghz Quad Core with 2gb ram
[10:43] Nebadon Izumi: and the Grid/WEb server is 2.4 ghz Quad Core with 4gb ram
[10:44] Kay Douglas: i hope the interop of virtual world
[10:45] Charles Krinkeb is Online
[10:45] Nebadon Izumi: yea thats being worked out now, some of the osgrid citizens are testing that now
[10:45] Nebadon Izumi: but the grid is not officially supporting it just yet
[10:45] Kay Douglas: Actually i'm to linden lab but it's more expensive and upload texture loool
[10:45] Nebadon Izumi: hehe yea
[10:45] Nebadon Izumi: it can get expensive over there
[10:45] Nebadon Izumi: hello charles
[10:46] Charles Krinkeb: morning. just inhaling my lunch
[10:46] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[10:46] Lexa Sands: :)
[10:46] Nebadon Izumi: say list
[10:46] Nebadon Izumi: say list
[10:46] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Visitor List:
[10:46] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Sylvian Sapwood
[10:46] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Kay Douglas
[10:46] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: sacha Magne
[10:46] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Foobar Lindman
[10:46] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Fran Koolhoven
[10:46] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Francisco Koolhoven
[10:46] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Charles Krinkeb
[10:46] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Lexa Sands
[10:46] Visitor List Recorder v1.1: Total = 8
[10:47] Lexa Sands pokes Visitor List Recorder
[10:47] Nebadon Izumi: theres a issue currently with lllisten
[10:47] Nebadon Izumi: theres a race condition between the 2 script engines
[10:47] Nebadon Izumi: sometimes lllisten jams up
[10:47] Nebadon Izumi: this list only responds to the owner though
[10:47] Homer Horwitz: Hi :)
[10:47] Nebadon Izumi: hello homer
[10:48] BlueWall Slade is Online
[10:48] Charles Krinkeb: how is it looking with the scriptengine changes other then that?
[10:48] Nebadon Izumi: good
[10:48] Nebadon Izumi: so far thats the only thing ive seen
[10:49] Nebadon Izumi: melanie seems to know why too
[10:49] Nebadon Izumi: so its just a matter of time before its fixed proper
[10:49] Charles Krinkeb: I was reading some folks having config issues over the last two days. Does it look like that has calmed down?
[10:49] Nebadon Izumi: yes i think so, i think this is one of those updates requires fresh checkout
[10:49] Nebadon Izumi: or you have issues
[10:49] Nebadon Izumi: that seems to remedy most
[10:49] Charles Krinkeb: Great. So, full speed ahead and darn the torpedoes?
[10:50] Jesus Christ: i am immobilized
[10:50] Nebadon Izumi: yea seems to be moving forward
[10:50] BlueWall Slade is Offline
[10:50] Nebadon Izumi: give it a minute to load
[10:50] Jesus Christ: ok
[10:51] Nebadon Izumi: these mass logins can cause some jamups
[10:51] Nebadon Izumi: it will stabilze in a few minutes
[10:51] Kay Douglas: lol record ahahah
[10:51] BlueWall Slade is Online
[10:52] Charles Krinkeb: I wonder if offering log files for Wright Plaza and the userserver to one or more developers right after Office Hour might let someone understand more of the simultaneous login issue?
[10:53] Nebadon Izumi: ok hes banned
[10:53] Nebadon Izumi: moron
[10:53] Homer Horwitz: Did I miss something?
[10:53] Nebadon Izumi: was changing his appearnce 100 times a second
[10:53] Homer Horwitz: Oh.
[10:53] Nebadon Izumi: trying to crash region no doubt
[10:53] Charles Krinkeb: Are there any OSGrid issues we should speak about before the devs all arrive in 5 minutes.
[10:54] BlueWall Slade: llListen / listen seems broken
[10:54] Homer Horwitz: Yep, known issue with the script-engine harmonization. Melanie is working on it, I've read.
[10:54] Charles Krinkeb: thats ok. we rarely listen to each other anyway.
[10:54] BlueWall Slade: k
[10:54] Homer Horwitz: lol
[10:54] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[10:54] Charles Krinkeb: <grin>
[10:55] Homer Horwitz: Without voice support, I just can't seem to manage it.
[10:55] Homer Horwitz: Need a text-to-speech system ;)
[10:55] Warin Cascabel: Hello, all
[10:55] Kay Douglas: It's possible to transfer inventory from Linden Grid to another Grid and to another Grid to Linden Grid ?
[10:55] Charles Krinkeb: I thought the 3di folks had a team working on voice support.
[10:55] Charles Krinkeb: not at this time, Kay.
[10:56] Homer Horwitz: No idea actually; I'm a no-voice person :)
[10:56] Kay Douglas: and to OpenSimulator Grid to another OpenSimulator Grid ?
[10:56] Charles Krinkeb: other then with somethinkg like secondinventory, but you would need to speak to them about that
[10:57] Kay Douglas: I know a soft Second Inventory to backup inventory but :)
[10:57] Neas Bade is Online
[10:57] Charles Krinkeb: I would actually say 'sorta', but I would also say that our thrust is getting OpenSim finished and transferring inventory is down th eroad a bit.
[10:58] Charles Krinkeb: morning, neas.
[10:58] Charles Krinkeb: you want to conduct this 3-ring circus today, Neas?
[10:58] Nebadon Izumi: hello
[10:58] Homer Horwitz: Hi, wherever you are
[10:59] Neas Bade: nice outfit neb
[10:59] Neas Bade: is there a good place with chairs?
[11:00] Justin Clark-Casey is Online
[11:00] Neas Bade: I'd like to move us out of just standing around here
[11:00] Neas Bade: maybe go upstairs?
[11:00] Kay Douglas: Import 3D Mesh it's possible in OpenSimulator ?
[11:00] Nebadon Izumi: not yet no
[11:00] Nebadon Izumi: sure
[11:00] Nebadon Izumi: lets head upstairs
[11:00] Kay Douglas: I see on RealXtend
[11:00] Neas Bade: kay, no, it doesn't work that way
[11:00] Charles Krinkeb: upstairs?
[11:00] Nebadon Izumi: yea Realxtend is not compatiible
[11:00] Jesus Christ: ok where's a good sim to change shapes?
[11:00] Nebadon Izumi: unfortuable
[11:00] Kay Douglas: ok
[11:00] Nebadon Izumi: unfortunatly
[11:00] Nebadon Izumi: that is
[11:00] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[11:00] Justin Clark-Casey: hello folks
[11:01] Homer Horwitz: Hi Justin
[11:01] Nebadon Izumi: meeeting upstairs?
[11:01] Neas Bade: are there chairs upstairs?
[11:01] Nebadon Izumi: yes
[11:01] Neas Bade: /shout come upstairs all
[11:01] Neas Bade shouts: come upstairs all
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: sit on seat cusion
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: you might need to click ti 1st
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: to be safe
[11:02] Neas Bade: nice
[11:02] Neas Bade: very cool butter fly
[11:02] Charles Krinkeb: ah, much better to sit on the seat then the back.
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: nice this works well
[11:02] Neas Bade: yep, I agree
[11:02] Lexa Sands: :)
[11:02] Neas Bade: good that we can finally sit in opensim :)
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: yea
[11:03] Nebadon Izumi: heheh lexa
[11:03] Nebadon Izumi: have you been to the other plazas recently sean?
[11:03] Melanie Milland is Online
[11:03] Neas Bade: no, I haven't
[11:03] Charles Krinkeb: Is the butterfly design to indicate we are metamorphosing from a worm to something truly beautiful?
[11:03] Neas Bade: I've been lame of late and just working on unit tests
[11:03] Chris D is Online
[11:04] Homer Horwitz: Hm, or that thingy that causes all those bad storms?
[11:04] Nebadon Izumi: ah no worries, they are coming along nicely though
[11:04] Neas Bade: yeh, I need to go check them out later this week
[11:04] Kay Douglas: lol lag
[11:04] Nebadon Izumi: the grid is becoming quite large
[11:04] Neas Bade: charles, I see that you tagged 0.5.10
[11:04] Charles Krinkeb: I was able to make an llSensor controlled door out in the sandbox behind the building this last weekend.
[11:04] Nebadon Izumi: try lowering your draw distance
[11:04] Nebadon Izumi: and reducing particle counts
[11:04] Neas Bade: nice
[11:04] Nebadon Izumi: that might help with lag
[11:05] Nebadon Izumi: also set your bandwith for 250-350
[11:05] Nebadon Izumi: you would think higher = better
[11:05] Homer Horwitz shouts: Meeting is upstairs
[11:05] Charles Krinkeb: Yes, r6419 is the tagged 0.5.10. The revision before the scriptengine changes on Sunday evening.
[11:05] Nebadon Izumi: but in opensim its just not so
[11:05] BlueWall Slade: shiny / bum map off helps too
[11:05] Neelam Onyx is Online
[11:06] Richardus Raymaker is Online
[11:06] Whump Linden: Afternoon, everyone.
[11:06] Nebadon Izumi: hello Whump
[11:06] BlueWall Slade: hi
[11:06] Neas Bade: hey folks
[11:06] Lexa Sands: hey, all :)
[11:06] Homer Horwitz: Hi
[11:06] Reena Bismuth is Online
[11:06] Justin Clark-Casey: hi
[11:06] Neas Bade: hmmm... sticky animation
[11:06] Melanie Milland: hi
[11:06] Melanie Milland: 2.21 forced a cache clear on me
[11:07] Melanie Milland: all sculpts are balls
[11:07] Nebadon Izumi: ah yea slow
[11:07] Melanie Milland: and everything is grey
[11:07] Nebadon Izumi: might need a relog, but i just think things are slow with this kind of load
[11:07] Nebadon Izumi: 16 agents
[11:07] Nebadon Izumi: memory usage is high
[11:07] Nebadon Izumi: 1.2gb on Top
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: 615 mb on show stats
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: 768 now
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: seems to be bouncing
[11:08] Neas Bade: yeh, some of the recent changes definitly put us a bit slower and heavier
[11:08] Homer Horwitz: Drops down when GC hits, I guess
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: yea
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: it should stablize a bit
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: after a few
[11:09] Nebadon Izumi: im shuting down lbsa plaza
[11:09] Charles Krinkeb: I thnk this is a good day to just let the technical discussion flow without a lot of structure *unless* we get off on a tangent too long. Ok with all?
[11:09] Nebadon Izumi: that might help a little
[11:09] Foobar Lindman: any recommendation concerning max bandwidth ?
[11:09] Charles Krinkeb: I'll just try to prod us along once in a while.
[11:09] Neas Bade: works for me
[11:09] Homer Horwitz: Sure
[11:10] Chris D: It is upsatirs Richardus
[11:10] Richardus Raymaker: ok
[11:10] Charles Krinkeb: Lets let the developers have priority on the floor for subjects they need to describe or ask help on from testers.
[11:10] Neas Bade: so, once I figure out why bamboo broke, I've been working on getting the unit tests for sqlite to trigger mysql
[11:10] Nebadon Izumi: on the seats make sure your sitting on the seat cushion in the center
[11:10] Melanie Milland: why don't we get seats with poses?
[11:11] Nebadon Izumi: hehe i havent tried that yet
[11:11] Foobar Lindman: who are the people on the picture ?
[11:11] Nebadon Izumi: i was keeping it basic
[11:11] Nebadon Izumi: for now
[11:11] Nebadon Izumi: normally these couches ran on the MLP scripts
[11:11] Neas Bade: foobar, that's a bunch of the opensim dev team
[11:11] Nebadon Izumi: and had 46 poses in each cushion
[11:11] Foobar Lindman: hi richardus
[11:11] Richardus Raymaker: oh wow. finaly i got video
[11:12] Richardus Raymaker: hi foobar
[11:12] Neas Bade: neb, can you make a few more couches?
[11:12] Nebadon Izumi: yea
[11:12] Jesus Christ: press play
[11:12] Foobar Lindman: its amazing
[11:12] Nebadon Izumi: i have more already made
[11:12] Richardus Raymaker: video is only short
[11:12] Nebadon Izumi: i just need to get them here
[11:12] Neas Bade: right, I just meant for now
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: oh
[11:13] Neas Bade: rez a few more
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: hmm
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi is scared
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: to rez
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[11:13] Neas Bade: :)
[11:13] Neas Bade: don't fear the reaper
[11:13] Whump Linden: Royxsopp, cool.
[11:14] Homer Horwitz: Yay! :)
[11:14] Whump Linden: very, SL like, with better graphics
[11:14] Jesus Christ: juicy feet
[11:14] Melanie Milland: i have no video capability
[11:14] Nebadon Izumi: there stadium seats
[11:14] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[11:15] Neas Bade: heh
[11:15] Nebadon Izumi: nice
[11:15] Nebadon Izumi: that went well
[11:15] Jesus Christ: it won't let me sit
[11:15] Jesus Christ: ok there
[11:15] Nebadon Izumi: there ya go
[11:15] Nebadon Izumi: :D
[11:15] Neas Bade: yep
[11:15] Richardus Raymaker: hmm video still only run a few sec. good. :(
[11:15] Neas Bade: so charles, what do you think our big issues prior to 0.6 are?
[11:16] Charles Krinkeb: stability mostly.
[11:17] Teravus Ousley is Online
[11:17] Justin Clark-Casey: are there issues with listeners at the moment?
[11:17] BlueWall Slade: si
[11:17] Warin Cascabel: Yes.
[11:17] Justin Clark-Casey: in scripting?
[11:17] Foobar Lindman: is it possible to TP from one grid to another ?
[11:18] Justin Clark-Casey: Is this with XEngine, DotNetEngine or both?
[11:18] Warin Cascabel: Yes, they're not getting triggered all the time.
[11:18] Warin Cascabel: Boty.
[11:18] Warin Cascabel: Er, both.
[11:18] Warin Cascabel: Both.
[11:18] Melanie Milland: the issue with listeners is a race condition
[11:18] Charles Krinkeb: apparently xengine and dotnetengine battle with each other on events a little bit with the recent changes. But I would not say that is a showstopper.
[11:18] Melanie Milland: to clear it up, simply disable one engine
[11:18] BlueWall Slade:
[11:18] BlueWall Slade: trird, didn't work
[11:18] BlueWall Slade: tried
[11:18] Justin Clark-Casey: that sounds like a bad thing to have both script engines enabled by default
[11:18] Melanie Milland: tried Enable=false
[11:19] Melanie Milland: ?
[11:19] Justin Clark-Casey: at least until/if the problem is fixed
[11:19] BlueWall Slade: 1 sec
[11:19] Charles Krinkeb: I would also say we need a concentrated effort to decrease the number of open Mantis. The open list just keeps growing.
[11:19] Richardus Raymaker: i think there some doubles in the mantis too
[11:19] Neas Bade is Offline
[11:19] Neas Bade is Offline
[11:20] Charles Krinkeb: Additionally, I think using well-known script examples from pundits on the internet could help our scripting Mantis reporting.
[11:20] Justin Clark-Casey: are there thoughts in progress to deal with the script engine race condition?
[11:20] BlueWall Slade: ok, inside
[ScriptEngine.DotNetEngine] i have enabled = false
[11:21] Charles Krinkeb: Lets stipulate there is a problem and move on. It is fair to Mantis llListen and other issues but we only have an hour for this meeting.
[11:21] Melanie Milland: I'm working on the issues
[11:21] Charles Krinkeb: we know, Melanie. And that is appreciated by all.
[11:21] Melanie Milland: the surefire way to get it working for now is to delete the dll of the engine you don't want
[11:22] Homer Horwitz: Was an answer to Justin, I guess :)
[11:22] Charles Krinkeb: Its no fun to have ones logic "sorta" work.
[11:22] BlueWall Slade: ok
[11:22] Justin Clark-Casey: Otherwise it's bug report city
[11:22] Justin Clark-Casey: Melanie: if we can't fix it quickly, can we stop it being the default case?
[11:22] Charles Krinkeb: Perhaps a wiki entry with a work around?
[11:22] Justin Clark-Casey: hmm, my test chat is coming out in the wrong order
[11:22] Melanie Milland: there is some static class nastiness. i need to unravel it
[11:23] Melanie Milland: deleting one of the DLLs makes the other work properly, though
[11:23] Charles Krinkeb: Justin: Is the 0.5.10 looking good for your work?
[11:23] Melanie Milland: so we have a workaround
[11:23] Melanie Milland: and i hope ti have a fix real soon
[11:23] Justin Clark-Casey: does starting both script engine have any significant memory impact?
[11:23] Justin Clark-Casey: Melanie: cool
[11:23] Charles Krinkeb: Since the scriptengine changes are not in the release of 0.5.10, we have until either 0.5.11 or 0.6 to work them out.
[11:23] Jesus Christ: joy, so when i get my opensim working i can connect it up to osgrid?
[11:23] Nebadon Izumi: ive seen no change in memory
[11:23] Justin Clark-Casey: Charles: well, it just so happens that we are sitting on r2419 at the moment, because I didn't want to risk the new script engine stuff (purely from a stability pov)
[11:24] Charles Krinkeb: Jesu, certainly. Look at the wiki and and the instructions are there.
[11:24] Justin Clark-Casey: so I think r2419 is a good revision for 0.5.10 - that was a good call
[11:24] Jesus Christ: ckrinke: thanks
[11:24] Charles Krinkeb: 0.5.10 does not include the scriptengine changes.
[11:24] Charles Krinkeb: It was Adam's call, but I will take credit for it.
[11:24] Richardus Raymaker: r2419 ?
[11:24] Justin Clark-Casey: heh, you've blown it now :)
[11:24] Homer Horwitz: 2419??? That's about 4000 revisions ago?
[11:25] Justin Clark-Casey: oooops
[11:25] Justin Clark-Casey: r6419
[11:25] Charles Krinkeb: r6419 is the 0.5.10 release.
[11:25] Homer Horwitz: And I was wondering... ;)
[11:25] Justin Clark-Casey: My brain is the the drain today
[11:25] Kay Douglas: A redesign of the osgrid website is planned ?
[11:25] Charles Krinkeb: We are either headed towards 0.5.11 or 0.6 in 30 days. Thats my story and I am sticking to it.
[11:25] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[11:26] Charles Krinkeb: It can evolve, Kay. Chat with Nebadon on IRC about any proposed web site changes.
[11:26] Justin Clark-Casey: where did Neas go - he didn't bother to relog?
[11:26] Nebadon Izumi: has everyone seen the new addition to the website?
[11:26] Kay Douglas: on freenode ?
[11:26] Nebadon Izumi:
[11:26] Charles Krinkeb: Yes. FreeNode, channels are #opensim & #osgrid.
[11:27] Kay Douglas: ok
[11:27] Charles Krinkeb: I'm going to try to move us a little by asking "Are there things the developers need from the testers to make their lives easier in the next week?"
[11:28] Justin Clark-Casey: no
[11:28] Justin Clark-Casey: :)
[11:29] Melanie Milland: DotNetEngine types testing
[11:29] Melanie Milland: I converged the LSL_Types
[11:29] Melanie Milland: there is now only one copy in tree
[11:29] Justin Clark-Casey: cool - that's really good
[11:29] Melanie Milland: need to be dure that caused no regressions
[11:29] Melanie Milland: sure*
[11:30] Charles Krinkeb: So, reports and Mantis on those testing and using dotnetengine would help us.
[11:30] Charles Krinkeb: I suggest concentrating on the "grobe kan-ed" scripts first as these are a stable set of test and example scripts.
[11:31] Foobar Lindman: would it be an idea to have a python engine or is it stupid ?
[11:31] Jesus Christ: wrhmm... i tried take copy on the sculpted toilet and didn't get one
[11:31] Reena Bismuth: Melanie: What is the easiest way to find out which types need to be tested?
[11:31] Charles Krinkeb: Foobar. Patches are encouraged.
[11:32] Charles Krinkeb: And others have already suggested Python. I just dont think it in our mainstream at this point.
[11:32] Charles Krinkeb: Whump is here. Lets see what he might wish to share on the intereop with us.
[11:32] Melanie Milland: lsl has 4 types. integer, float, string/key, and list
[11:32] Admin UCI: once people discover it, server-side programming will replace a lot of prim scripts
[11:32] Melanie Milland: the most complex interactions are with lists
[11:34] Melanie Milland: Admin UCI: there will be region scripts and libraries soon
[11:34] Reena Bismuth: thanks, I'll see what I can do.
[11:34] Whump Linden: kk, we're finishing up work on the Draft 3 updates to our implementation of the AD and Region Domain
[11:34] Charles Krinkeb: coolness, Whump.
[11:34] Neas Bade is Online
[11:34] Whump Linden: We'll have new viewers up shortly. You'll need to rev your OpenSim instances to r6453 or later
[11:35] Admin UCI: Melanie: C# scripting interfaces? We've just been adding dll's to the bin folder, for things like traffic simulations
[11:35] Whump Linden: Teravus also has in support for specifying which region on an instance you want to rez on.
[11:35] Whump Linden: So notes and wikis on that going out this afternoon.
[11:35] Charles Krinkeb: Neas is back.
[11:35] Melanie Milland: Admin UCI: that means you have to compile in-tree. Not feasible for binary release users
[11:36] Whump Linden: Also, we're pushing out an errata to draft 3 which clairifies how you request rez_avatar/request caps since the draft 3 doc is sparse on that
[11:37] Admin UCI: thanks Melanie, I'll be interested to see the region scripts when they come out too
[11:37] Whump Linden: and finally, the OGP Beta Office hour will be on OS Grid this *thursday* instead of Wednesday, so that Dalhia can host us on her OGP enabled regions, so I encourage as many to try and drop by as you can so we can have a good stress tess
[11:37] Whump Linden: er, stress test
[11:38] Charles Krinkeb: Nice chair, Jesu.
[11:38] Whump Linden: let's not stress Tess, as she has a lot of plates in the air
[11:38] Jesus Christ: thank Warin Cascabel for it ;)
[11:38] Jesus Christ: you could tickle tess, or the inverse
[11:39] Neas Bade: oh, something else to bring up
[11:40] Neas Bade: this thursday we are going to do the first "wiki office hours"
[11:40] Neas Bade: here
[11:40] Neas Bade: same time
[11:40] Neas Bade: anyone interested in helping to increase the quality of our wiki is welcome to come
[11:40] Neas Bade: and help :)
[11:40] Neas Bade: we'll be handing out homework
[11:40] Reena Bismuth: same time as now?
[11:41] Neas Bade: but you don't need to know how to code to participate
[11:41] Neas Bade: yeh, same time as now
[11:41] Nebadon Izumi: i am going to craft a schedule board for the plazas
[11:41] Neas Bade: neb, great!
[11:41] Reena Bismuth: yay!
[11:41] Neas Bade: neb, you should make it link to the google calendar for opensim as well
[11:41] Nebadon Izumi: ok
[11:41] Neas Bade: I've been trying to keep that up to date
[11:41] Nebadon Izumi: didnt know we had one
[11:41] Nebadon Izumi: to be honest
[11:41] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[11:41] Neas Bade: yeh, its new
[11:42] Nebadon Izumi: ok great
[11:42] Neas Bade:
[11:42] Homer Horwitz: Hi Ter :)
[11:42] Neas Bade: hey ter
[11:42] Teravus Ousley: Hi. You really need a sign down there
[11:43] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[11:43] Jesus Christ: I will show you a sign, Teravus
[11:43] Nebadon Izumi: funny you mention that
[11:43] Neas Bade: :)
[11:43] Nebadon Izumi: we were just talking about that
[11:43] Teravus Ousley 's minimap shows all of one dot up here
[11:44] Lexa Sands: same here, 3 dots on the mini-map
[11:44] Warin Cascabel: Anyone who's seated, their dot shows up in the <0,0> corner.
[11:44] Charles Krinkeb: Let me ask the group the same question that Neas asked a while back: "What are the essential features for 0.6 that we are missing before we can feel like we are ready for a major release?"
[11:44] Jesus Christ: currency is huge
[11:44] Neas Bade: currency is out of scope
[11:45] Nebadon Izumi: Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration — that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather.
[11:45] Warin Cascabel: Implementing more of the ll* functions?
[11:45] Charles Krinkeb: currency is about as done as it is going to be from the OpenSim viewpoint.
[11:45] Foobar Lindman: i'd like to setup a media cms to opensim in the same way i did with SL
[11:45] Jesus Christ: ok so there will never be an opensim economy? :/
[11:45] Nebadon Izumi: well, not in the svn of opensim
[11:45] Charles Krinkeb: I believe there are about 65 left of the LSL functions to implement of which more then half are non-physical-vehicle.
[11:46] Teravus Ousley: It'll be implemented in a project somewhere besides the OpenSim SVN..
[11:46] Teravus Ousley: maybe on Forge.. or something
[11:46] Nebadon Izumi: grids will addopt their own ecomonic systems
[11:46] Richardus Raymaker: not 1 step further. that the buy option works without script. easyer for transfer
[11:46] Charles Krinkeb: There will be grid economies, but not an OpenSim economy. Remember, we are the server software.
[11:47] Richardus Raymaker: \hehe ok.
[11:47] Teravus Ousley notes that Paypal XML parsing doesn't come with Apache..
[11:47] Charles Krinkeb: When sufficient functionality exists *and* sufficient folks vote *yes*, then OSGrid may implement an economy, but not yet and not soon.
[11:47] Melanie Milland: richardus: buy works
[11:47] Teravus Ousley: but it does come with Perl..
[11:47] Melanie Milland: you need certain settings in the economy
[11:47] Jesus Christ: ok. currency and voice seem to me to be the two critical misses
[11:48] Reena Bismuth: I vote for vehicle scripts
[11:48] Charles Krinkeb: OSgrid is currently testing the currency logic and all are encourged to participate in that testing.
[11:48] Richardus Raymaker: hmm groups are more needed then money
[11:48] Charles Krinkeb: I would vote for "groups" and "mainmap blue dots", myself.
[11:48] Neas Bade: yeh, we are talking about "small things"
[11:48] Neas Bade: for 0.6
[11:48] Nebadon Izumi: yea i would agree that groups has more relevence in the short term
[11:49] Neas Bade: as in, doable in the next 2 weeks
[11:49] Foobar Lindman: groups +1
[11:49] Nebadon Izumi: dobt that
[11:49] Teravus Ousley wrote some protocode for groups.. it's why we're all part of the OpenSimulator Test group. The *problem* is the group functionality is *SUPPOSED* to be implemented over EventQueue:get
[11:49] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[11:49] Warin Cascabel: If it's "small things", then I'd love to see the ability to set a fixed sun without a lot of trial and error, and have it stay there after a reboot. :/
[11:49] Jesus Christ: what about groups and search and other world related features?
[11:49] Nebadon Izumi: i suspect there are alot of frayed wires on the groups
[11:49] Neas Bade: search requires client changes IIRC
[11:49] Teravus Ousley: So.. If we're going Groups.. we need EventQueue:get implemented!
[11:49] Homer Horwitz: Jesus: Definitely no small things :)
[11:49] Neas Bade: as is hardcoded
[11:49] Neas Bade: in the client
[11:50] Charles Krinkeb: I think the 0.6 discussion should be centered around the existing roadmap on the wiki. Anything currently on the roadmap that is not implemented is fair game. Other things are 0.7.
[11:50] Whump Linden: FYI, we're still working out what the next OGP beta will cover, but for the next few weeks, we'll be working on closing bugs on our end and getting out a Draft 4 to get login and teleport close to closure.
[11:50] Neas Bade: so any time our friends at Linden change that, we can get to it :)
[11:50] Nebadon Izumi: i think you can change now via debug panel
[11:50] Nebadon Izumi: but thats not ideal
[11:50] Nebadon Izumi: we could probably dev it though
[11:50] Foobar Lindman: i could put a ressource on the media integration
[11:50] Teravus Ousley: supposedly search is a configurable option from the command line.. but.. we've got so much over the command line.. that the links are 3 miles long
[11:50] Nebadon Izumi: if the back end isnt going to chagne to much
[11:51] Neas Bade: ter, really?
[11:51] Admin UCI: you can currently do a search of opensim's via
[11:51] Nebadon Izumi: yea neas also in the debug panel
[11:51] Nebadon Izumi: you can set the search url
[11:51] Neas Bade: if it is command line configureable we can get that in rezme
[11:51] Teravus Ousley: Yeah.. with a -set command
[11:51] Teravus Ousley: You're actually setting some variable in the client with -set supposedly
[11:51] Neas Bade: interesting
[11:51] Nebadon Izumi: no doubt hippo could be changed
[11:51] Charles Krinkeb: I need to go see another "mangler", but will leave my avatar here and read the log in a little while.
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: to accomidate a new search
[11:52] Neas Bade: you have the exact syntax for that?
[11:52] Teravus Ousley: no, but MW does..
[11:52] Admin UCI: bye Charles, we miss you at Gina's on Fridays
[11:52] Neas Bade: ok, cool, I'll ask him
[11:52] Teravus Ousley: he uses it for Tribal
[11:52] Neas Bade: cool
[11:52] BlueWall Slade is Offline
[11:53] Neas Bade: ok, well I need to run
[11:53] Neas Bade: but I hope to see many of you back here on thursday to help with the wiki :)
[11:53] Neas Bade is Offline
[11:53] Whump Linden: Zero's OO starting in a couple.
[11:53] Nebadon Izumi: well good meeting
[11:53] Teravus Ousley: yep
[11:53] Nebadon Izumi: sim held up well
[11:53] Whump Linden: We'll be talking about agent login, I believe.
[11:54] Whump Linden: thanks Charles, Nebadon for hosting
[11:54] Teravus Ousley: heh... failed to send me enough Course Location updates.. (they show up on the minimap!)
[11:54] Nebadon Izumi: no problem WHump, anytime
[11:54] Jesus Christ: nebadon, thanks for resurrecting me for the meeting ;)
[11:54] Teravus Ousley: yay, for resurrection!
[11:54] Whump Linden: I like that TV design, simple but classy
[11:54] Nebadon Izumi: hehe no problem, igot itch trigger figner at meetings
[11:54] Nebadon Izumi: finger
[11:54] Jesus Christ: yeah, the tv is great
[11:55] Nebadon Izumi: any other time feel free to use this sime to test things and build your avatar and appearance
[11:56] Richardus Raymaker: \
[11:56] Lexa Sands: thanks, Nebadon :)
[11:56] Nebadon Izumi: there are some who do nothing but intentionally try to disrupt meetings like this
[11:56] Admin UCI: FYI, for those interested, there will be traffic simulations running on the 3x3 UCI grid south of here 10 regiions, hopefully by this weekend
[11:56] Nebadon Izumi: nice
[11:57] Admin UCI: currently there is a subset of the UCI campus there
[11:57] Reena Bismuth: Admin UCI: any web page with more information on that and the dlls?
[11:57] Teravus Ousley: cool
[11:58] Ven Zimer: sorry if I interuped! Didn't mean to - just TPed over from my region and things arn't rezing (being quiet now)
[11:58] Admin UCI: not yet, I still have to get them working here, they've only been working on my home grid so far
[11:58] Chris D is Offline
[11:58] Admin UCI: I think we'll be releasing the source for the traffic simulations soon, with comments and some docs
[11:59] Reena Bismuth: Thanks, that would be nice
[12:00] Admin UCI: well, lunch is over for me, talk to you all later
[12:00] Justin Clark-Casey: yep, I have to dash too
[12:00] Justin Clark-Casey: see you folks
[12:00] Richardus Raymaker: bye admin
[12:00] Justin Clark-Casey is Offline
[12:00] Reena Bismuth: bye Admin
[12:00] Nebadon Izumi: bye everyone thanks for coming today
[12:00] Admin UCI smiles
[12:00] Warin Cascabel: Bye, all
[12:00] Richardus Raymaker: bye justin
[12:00] Homer Horwitz: Hopping out too. See you on IRC
[12:00] Lexa Sands: :)
[12:00] Kay Douglas: bye all
[12:00] Melanie Milland: bye everyone
[12:00] Reena Bismuth: bye everyone
[12:00] Homer Horwitz waves and poofs
[12:01] Richardus Raymaker: .bflip
[12:01] Teravus Ousley is Offline
[12:02] Richardus Raymaker: /afk
[12:02] Lexa Sands waves and fades

Personal tools
About This Wiki