Chat log from the meeting on 2008-07-01

From OpenSimulator

Jump to: navigation, search



[10:17] Xantor Welesa: ahh the dragon has rezzed
[10:17] Neas Bade: nice
[10:17] You: hmm
[10:17] You: im ruthed
[10:17] Neas Bade is Online
[10:17] Teravus Ousley: yes. give it a minute.. it's really slow atm
[10:18] Neas Bade: neb, just wait for your textures
[10:18] You: nah
[10:18] Xantor Welesa: there you go
[10:18] You: my stuff wasnt even worn
[10:18] Neas Bade: wow, chat is laggy
[10:18] You: i have to wear it
[10:18] You: yea
[10:18] You: chats been bad man
[10:18] You: really really bad
[10:18] You: yea
[10:18] You: i had to rewear everything
[10:18] Hiro Protagonist: sorry phone dr
[10:18] You: Hiro is invisible for me
[10:19] Teravus Ousley: I see Hiro.. but he's grey
[10:19] You: i just see hovering name
[10:19] You: hehe
[10:19] You: oh there ya go
[10:19] Xantor Welesa: going.. going.. gone
[10:20] Teravus Ousley: .. not gone?
[10:20] Teravus Ousley: heh
[10:20] Neas Bade: oh noos, tron
[10:20] BlueWall Slade: whooo!
[10:20] Xantor Welesa: where's the light trail
[10:20] Xantor Welesa: Don't cross it...
[10:20] Neas Bade: hey zha, welcome
[10:21] You: hehe
[10:21] Xantor Welesa: End Of Line.
[10:21] Teravus Ousley: sort of feels like we're under water... with how slow it is going.
[10:22] Charles Krinkeb is Online
[10:22] Teravus Ousley notes that part of the problem is probably textures that are referenced and don't exist
[10:22] Angelo Biondi: yep
[10:22] Xantor Welesa: Shouldn't bring the system down on its knees though..
[10:22] Angelo Biondi: some rezzed textures are missing from the asset servers
[10:22] Charles Krinkeb: Morning
[10:22] Xantor Welesa: Yep morning again as well here :) Wednesday morning though
[10:22] Teravus Ousley: Shouldn't.. but it adds 150-250ms to the frame time
[10:23] Teravus Ousley: not sure why yet
[10:23] Xantor Welesa: error handling?
[10:23] Teravus Ousley is doing a hard drive backup in the background
[10:24] Neas Bade: heh, Tara 5oh is still invis to me
[10:24] Teravus Ousley: hmm, potentially. But I don't know the texture pipeline beyond the texturesending module .. so .. Unable to tell you.
[10:24] Tara5 Oh: But i see you1
[10:24] Charles Krinkeb: 10 avatars, VIRT=834, RES=682
[10:24] Xantor Welesa: was just the first thing coming to mind, those context switches eat time
[10:24] Neas Bade: there you are
[10:24] Neas Bade: it just took a while ofr it to come in
[10:24] Teravus Ousley: Yes, try/catch takes time also
[10:24] Neas Bade: tara, you need to touch the seat first
[10:24] Neas Bade: then sit
[10:25] Teravus Ousley: .. significantly more time then just handling it a better way.
[10:25] Hiro Protagonist: some of them dont seem to work right
[10:25] Angelo Biondi: btw the RequestImage handler doesn't work as expected
[10:25] Tara5 Oh: mmm i
[10:25] Angelo Biondi: confronted with the sl one, it has a different behavior
[10:25] Hiro Protagonist: try that turquoise one Zha
[10:25] Angelo Biondi: on the packets handling
[10:25] Neas Bade: zha
[10:25] BlueWall Slade is Offline
[10:26] Neas Bade: stand up, do a normal left click of the seat cusion
[10:26] Hiro Protagonist: lol
[10:26] Zha Ewry: I have neen
[10:26] Neas Bade: then right click and sit
[10:26] Hiro Protagonist: nah, the other one
[10:26] You: wooo
[10:26] Zha Ewry: Me shakes her head
[10:26] Zha Ewry: WOO
[10:26] Angelo Biondi: confronted=compared
[10:26] Neas Bade: woot
[10:26] Hiro Protagonist: heh
[10:27] Tara5 Oh: I am happy standing my legs are strong!
[10:27] Neas Bade: heh
[10:28] Neas Bade: so charles, what's shaking?
[10:28] BlueWall Slade is Online
[10:28] Tara5 Oh: Zha is making her self cute !
[10:29] Tara5 Oh: hehe i took her chair!!!
[10:29] Neas Bade: yay, you didit tara :)
[10:29] Tara5 Oh: I took Zha's good chair
[10:29] Tara5 Oh: while she was busy making herself cute!!
[10:29] Charles Krinkeb: Well. I am thinking the questions for the meeting are probably "What needs to be done to get to 0.6", "How can we help Zha", "What are the things developers need from testers" and "What are the crucial bugs that testers need fixed to move forward", just off the top of my head.
[10:30] Neas Bade: sounds good
[10:30] Neas Bade: can someone give me build perms?
[10:30] Neas Bade: I'll put up a noteboard
[10:30] You: enable admin
[10:30] You: im pretty sure your an estate manager
[10:30] Zha Ewry settles for a perch
[10:30] Charles Krinkeb: back in 5
[10:31] You: there
[10:31] You: i turned on build
[10:31] You: for the whole parcel
[10:31] Neas Bade: cool, thanks neb
[10:31] You: strange though
[10:31] You: you are an estate manager
[10:31] You: you should be able to rez here
[10:31] You: adam
[10:31] You: nice
[10:32] Adam Frisby: Morning
[10:32] Adam Frisby: ish
[10:32] You: hello Adam
[10:32] Tara5 Oh: Hi Adam!
[10:32] Teravus Ousley: Good aftah-noon
[10:32] Hiro Protagonist: Hi Adam :D
[10:32] Hamilton Linden: Hi guys
[10:32] Teravus Ousley: Hello Hamilton
[10:32] You: hello Hamilton
[10:32] BlueWall Slade: Hello
[10:32] Adam Frisby: Hey Hamilton
[10:32] Hamilton Linden: Thanks for letting me come and join this meeting
[10:33] Tara5 Oh: Hi hamilton you were like me and thought it was at 11amPDT
[10:33] Zha Ewry: Hello Hamilton, Adam
[10:33] Neas Bade: hey Hamilton
[10:33] Hamilton Linden: Do I have the right time?
[10:33] Tara5 Oh: is this the regular time ?
[10:33] Adam Frisby: My chair is defective.
[10:33] You: yep perfect timing
[10:33] Tara5 Oh: hehe
[10:33] Teravus Ousley: hehe, the time is off on Wright Plaza..
[10:33] Hamilton Linden: phew
[10:33] Adam Frisby: Hamilton: Yeah, starts in 4 minutes by my clock
[10:33] You: yea ignore the region time
[10:33] You: its really incorrect
[10:33] Teravus Ousley: says 10:33.. when it's 4 minutes away.
[10:33] Hiro Protagonist: Hiya Hamilton
[10:33] Hiro Protagonist: welcome to OSGrid :D
[10:33] Adam Frisby: ooooh, someone's added vector smoothing to the text in osDraw
[10:34] Tara5 Oh: I took zha's good chair while she was get herself pretty
[10:34] Hamilton Linden: Did you build this build in OpenSim?
[10:34] Hiro Protagonist: oh yes
[10:34] You: some chairs seem broken
[10:34] Hamilton Linden: very nice
[10:34] Hiro Protagonist: it's actually fairly old
[10:34] Neas Bade: yeh, all home grown content here
[10:34] Hamilton Linden: cool
[10:34] Teravus Ousley: :D
[10:35] Hiro Protagonist: I didnt actually build it, Nebadon did
[10:35] You: heh
[10:35] Neas Bade is Online
[10:35] BlueWall Slade is Offline
[10:35] Hiro Protagonist: Zha, there's more working turquoise chairs :)
[10:35] BlueWall Slade: my c3po trick
[10:35] You: lol
[10:36] paulie Flomar: Howdeh, peeps. ;)
[10:36] Hiro Protagonist: Heya Paulie
[10:36] BlueWall Slade: lol
[10:36] paulie Flomar: :)
[10:36] paulie Flomar waves.
[10:36] Neas Bade: hey folks
[10:36] Angelo Biondi: hi paulie
[10:36] BlueWall Slade: hi paulie!
[10:36] paulie Flomar: Hey, AB!
[10:36] Teravus Ousley: Ok, my clock says it's time
[10:36] paulie Flomar: Hey, Blue!
[10:36] Neas Bade: some day zha will figure out the chair :)
[10:36] You: aaaaaand Go.
[10:36] You: hehe
[10:37] BlueWall Slade: you have to touch it first
[10:37] Neas Bade: it's a test
[10:37] Zha Ewry: I have been
[10:37] Charles Krinkeb: Hello.Hamilton. Welcome. Do you know all the players here? Shall I make some introductions?
[10:37] Teravus Ousley will have to copy sit positions with object duplications in the future some time..
[10:37] Adam Frisby: Hamilton probably knows a bunch of us from Zero's hours
[10:37] Hiro Protagonist: the oddly colored ones dont seem to work at all
[10:37] Hamilton Linden: Sure Charles
[10:38] Justin Clark-Casey is Online
[10:38] Hamilton Linden: I know Hiro, Adam, Zha and Neas
[10:38] Justin Clark-Casey: hello good people of osgrid
[10:38] You: hola Justin
[10:38] BlueWall Slade: Hi jcc
[10:38] paulie Flomar: I gotta run to RL chores. I'll leave my AVVIE here to capture a transcript. :)
[10:38] Adam Frisby: Hey Justin
[10:38] Teravus Ousley: k, paulie
[10:39] Neas Bade: hey justing
[10:39] Angelo Biondi: hi justin
[10:39] Zha Ewry: Hey Justin
[10:39] Justin Clark-Casey: hey adam, neas, bluewall, nebadon, zha
[10:39] Justin Clark-Casey: wow, sure are a lot of people here today
[10:39] Teravus Ousley: ah, pesky avatar imposters..
[10:39] Hiro Protagonist: more on the way
[10:40] Teravus Ousley: around 15 avatars
[10:40] Justin Clark-Casey: sounds like a load test... :D
[10:40] BlueWall Slade: hehe
[10:40] Hiro Protagonist: Hey Justin
[10:40] Hiro Protagonist: you snuck in on me :D
[10:40] Teravus Ousley: nah, we need a few more for that :D
[10:40] Justin Clark-Casey: hey hiro
[10:40] Adam Frisby: Hodling up pretty well today, is this running with the mono large pages?
[10:40] Hiro Protagonist: not certain - did we get that done ckrinke?
[10:40] Charles Krinkeb: Hamilton. Adam, Neas, Teravus, Justin and I are core developers. Hiro, Nebadon. Paulie and I run OSGrid per the core-developers desires (as much as possible). BlueWall, Xantor have regions on OSGrid. Tara is new to me. Angelo is the author of SecondInventory.
[10:40] Teravus Ousley: Well, Hamilton. I'm Teravus.. on Agni, Teravus Ousley
[10:41] Adam Frisby: Tara == Tish of Ugotrade.com
[10:41] Teravus Ousley: ... nice to meet you.
[10:41] Charles Krinkeb: Ah, thanks.
[10:41] Justin Clark-Casey: Oh, hello tara, hello hamilton
[10:41] Neas Bade: hey mel
[10:41] Hiro Protagonist: Good seeing you again Hamilton, and especially in this venue :D
[10:41] You: hey mel
[10:41] Torrance Miles is Online
[10:41] Tara5 Oh: Hi there!!
[10:41] BlueWall Slade: hi melanie
[10:41] Melanie Milland: hi
[10:41] Hiro Protagonist: Heya Mel, welcome to the party
[10:41] Hamilton Linden: Yeah, I met you at SLCC last year in Chicago
[10:42] Hiro Protagonist: Me?
[10:42] Dahlia Trimble: Hi :)
[10:42] Hiro Protagonist: musta been an imposter
[10:42] Charles Krinkeb: Torrance. Sorry I forgot you. Perhaps you and Melanie could introduce yourself to Hamilton.
[10:42] Adam Frisby: Hamilton: Different Hiro.
[10:42] BlueWall Slade: hi Dahlia
[10:42] Teravus Ousley works on a variety of stuff.. but has been quiet the past few weeks because of work.
[10:42] Angelo Biondi: hi Dahlia and Melanie
[10:42] Hiro Protagonist: We last met two LL meetings ago: Lazarus Longstaff on your grid
[10:42] Charles Krinkeb: Hamilton. Dahlia is also a core-developer of OpenSim.
[10:42] Adam Frisby: brb two secs
[10:42] Dahlia Trimble: Angelo is here :)
[10:42] Dahlia Trimble: big crowd today
[10:42] Melanie Milland: hi hamilton
[10:42] Melanie Milland: Melanie Milland over there...
[10:42] Hamilton Linden: Hi Melanie
[10:43] Melanie Milland: as here
[10:43] Melanie Milland: :)
[10:43] Hamilton Linden: BTW, Charles, it would be great if at some point I can talk a little about what we're thinking and get feedback
[10:43] Charles Krinkeb: 16 avatars, VIRT=929, RES=751
[10:43] Hamilton Linden: especially for those who weren't at Zero's office hours when I was there and didn't read the transcript
[10:43] Dahlia Trimble: Hi Zha, Hamilton :)
[10:44] Zha Ewry: /Hey Dahlia
[10:44] Justin Clark-Casey: hi dahlia
[10:44] Teravus Ousley: heh
[10:44] Teravus Ousley counts himself in that group.
[10:44] Kurt Stringer is Online
[10:44] Dahlia Trimble: hiya Ter :) lol
[10:44] Justin Clark-Casey: yes, unfortunately zero's hours are bang in my day work day
[10:44] Charles Krinkeb: I am thinking that perhaps since Zha and Hamilton are here that the first question for today's meeting might be "How can we support Zha and Hamilton?"
[10:44] Neas Bade: well, charles, y ouhave the floor. I'll just put notes in the text board
[10:45] Hiro Protagonist: 19 Avs
[10:45] Charles Krinkeb: Lets start with things that Zha might need from OpenSim.
[10:45] Hiro Protagonist: a few more and we're breaking a record
[10:45] Charles Krinkeb: We can put up the items on the board and fill in later, so as not to put anyone on the spot.
[10:45] Kurt Stringer: ZHA!
[10:45] Angelo Biondi: Hiro usually when Wright Plaza got a record it crashed
[10:45] Neas Bade: ok, zha, hows the patching coming?
[10:45] Teravus Ousley: heh, Zha, Charles put you on the spot quickly :D
[10:45] Torrance Miles: sorry, just getting settled in
[10:45] Torrance Miles: I everyone
[10:45] Zha Ewry: Pretty good
[10:46] Justin Clark-Casey: I think we're a little more stable now
[10:46] Zha Ewry: and hey all
[10:46] Zha Ewry: That's ok
[10:46] Justin Clark-Casey: a single client thread crash doesn't take down the whole sim
[10:46] Melanie Milland: are we large-heaping it here?
[10:46] Torrance Miles: Hamilton: I'm just a geek, interested in OpenSim/OSGrid
[10:46] Justin Clark-Casey: but there are definitely still blow up situations
[10:46] Hamilton Linden: lol, hi Torrance
[10:46] Hiro Protagonist: Neb, do we have the large heap patch in place?
[10:46] Hiro Protagonist: on WP?
[10:46] You: i dont think so
[10:46] Charles Krinkeb: Let me go to my second question and we can get back to the Zha and Hamilton question in a little while. The second question is really "What are the missing items to declare a 0.6 release?"
[10:46] Zha Ewry: I'm currently catchign up two weeks of trunk updates to my code, and the.. I'm looking to talk about how state for connections are being kept in profiles
[10:47] Adam Frisby: Charles: I dont think we're missing much.
[10:47] Charles Krinkeb: Sorry, Zha, you have the floor if you wish.
[10:47] Zha Ewry: I'll wait
[10:47] Zha Ewry: No worry
[10:47] Adam Frisby: IIRC, we were looking for the NHibernate stuff to be done, which Neas has done now
[?] and a couple of other minor things?
[10:47] Adam Frisby looks at the release target discussion page
[10:47] Neas Bade: Adam, nhibernate is still not done yet
[10:47] Dahlia Trimble: Zha's fingers are probably tired after AWG
[10:47] Neas Bade: it's probably 2 weeks off
[10:47] Neas Bade: but I wouldn't hold the release for it
[10:48] Hiro Protagonist: 2 weeks doesnt sound too long to wait for that functionality
[10:48] Adam Frisby: http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Roadmap -- says: DB Independance, 100% LSL compat, Hollow/Cut prims support for physics, canned assets and proper profile support.
[10:48] Hiro Protagonist: I suspect it will help with other things
[10:48] Teravus Ousley: well, at some point I'm going to rework the texture pathways on the server through clientview... but work is absorbing a significant amount of time at the moment.
[10:48] Charles Krinkeb: Dare we declare scripting support complete enough for the 0.6 or are there essential missing items.
[10:48] Neas Bade: Hiro, true, though it will need some tuning after that I think
[10:48] Justin Clark-Casey: teravus: cool
[10:48] Hiro Protagonist: I think last meeting we all agreed the stubs we have in place are sufficient
[10:48] Adam Frisby: Charles: is there a list of LSL functions we dont support yet? (and LSL events too -- I think we've been lacking on some functions)
[10:49] Melanie Milland: IMHO, there are substantial holes in LSL
[10:49] Hiro Protagonist: Neas: doesn't everything? *winks*
[10:49] Hiro Protagonist: there are Mel
[10:49] Neas Bade: Hiro, fair enough :)
[10:49] Justin Clark-Casey: teravus: got rid of the prim repersistence on startup by the way ;)
[10:49] Melanie Milland: i know there is a string of functions that are implemntable now
[10:49] Hiro Protagonist: but we're sidestepping them for the moment
[10:49] Kurt Stringer: y, LSL needs a few things
[10:49] Charles Krinkeb: There are about 90, but I dont think they are updated on the wiki. Anyone willing to update the list on the wiki of unfinished LSL functions?
[10:49] Hiro Protagonist: we certainly wouldnt turn anything new down lol
[10:49] Neas Bade: I just dont' want everyone to expect that my first complete iteration of it is going to be all that fast
[10:49] Kurt Stringer: CHarles - thats on my todo
[10:49] Neas Bade: I'm going for correct and dumb to begin with, and speed ups later
[10:49] Neas Bade: :)
[10:50] Hiro Protagonist: working is the first priority Neas - we'll take working while we wait for fast ;)
[10:50] Zha Ewry: Fast and lots prims, is not really a win, is it ;)0
[10:50] Zha Ewry: *lost
[10:50] Justin Clark-Casey: fast and loose or slow and sure :)
[10:51] Kurt Stringer: Charles - I plan on updating the wiki and including all the functions I have tested lately, I HOPE to continue on that today
[10:51] Charles Krinkeb: Anything besides more LSL functions and nHibernate to release 0.6?
[10:52] Neas Bade: justing, how is the archiver work coming?
[10:52] Dahlia Trimble: physical prims are 90% done
[10:52] Neas Bade: man, I keep adding a g to your name
[10:52] Neas Bade: sorry
[10:52] Justin Clark-Casey: neas: yeah, what is up with that? :)
[10:52] You: call him seang
[10:52] Neas Bade: I think ing is just so programmed in
[10:52] Justin Clark-Casey: neas: it's coming along slowly (but hopefully surely)
[10:52] Adam Frisby: Let's rename justin, will be easier.
[10:52] Justin Clark-Casey: probably not worth going for the 0.6 release, I think it needs experimentation to get right
[10:52] Adam Frisby launches refactor on Justincc
[10:53] Charles Krinkeb: Anything the testers can do to help get closer to 0.6?
[10:53] Justin Clark-Casey: I've always wondered what it felt like to be refactored :D
[10:53] Justin Clark-Casey: it's the revenge of the code
[10:53] Neas Bade: heh
[10:53] Dahlia Trimble: maybe you will get your very own namespace :)
[10:53] BlueWall Slade: i setup an independent sim for testing
[10:53] Justin Clark-Casey: dahlia: lol
[10:53] BlueWall Slade: so, i can help with soe of that
[10:53] BlueWall Slade: *some*
[10:53] Charles Krinkeb: I am hoping to go back to Hamilton when we are done with the 0.6 discussion. Anything to add to "What is missing for 0.6?"
[10:54] Neas Bade: I wonder how ryan's plugin loader work is going
[10:54] Adam Frisby: Oh, actually that raises an interesting point.
[10:54] Justin Clark-Casey: yeah, he went a bit quiet - I wonder if he was put off by the contretemps on the mailing list
[10:55] Neas Bade: we actually got a response from the addins guys about how to do critical checks based on feature points
[10:55] Adam Frisby: As part of that, he changed the interfaces for region modules -- it's a very slight change, but it's enough to break every third party plugin until it's tweaked.
[10:55] Charles Krinkeb: And, is it fair to say we should strive in the next week for just some progress on LSL functions and nHibernate implementation and testing and ask the same question next Tuesday?
[10:55] BlueWall Slade: how much is in already: i see a lot more reporting on the console
[10:55] Adam Frisby: I'd like to just put a small policy there asking everyone to announce those kinds of changes.
[10:55] Justin Clark-Casey: +1 adam
[10:55] Kurt Stringer: I'd like to see a dot net engine that uses the shared LSL and OSSL apis
[10:55] You: yea speaking of
[10:55] You: how about libsl update
[10:55] You: for .6
[10:55] Adam Frisby: libsl forces us to Mono 1.9 if we do that.
[10:56] Neas Bade: Sounds reasonable. Though, it's not always easy to know
[10:56] Hiro Protagonist: can we get rid of libsl all together in time for 0.6?
[10:56] Adam Frisby: We cant do that until 1.9 is standard and stable in most distros
[10:56] You: hmm
[10:56] TextBoard: Interop

Items for 0.6 release

- nhibernate - neas
- script stubs - ??

Anything else?


[10:56] Neas Bade: I thought they made it work on mono 1.2.5 again
[10:56] Charles Krinkeb: I would vote for mono-1.9. We are currently testing mono-1.9.1 here.
[10:56] Justin Clark-Casey: I think libsl
[10:56] Justin Clark-Casey: yes, what neas said
[10:56] You: well one thing i seem to be seeing alot is something about malformed libsecondlife packets
[10:56] Adam Frisby: Hrrm, if that's the case updating isnt a bad idea then
[10:56] Justin Clark-Casey: libsl update always seems hairy scary, as Teravus can testify
[10:56] Neas Bade: yeh, we were waiting for some linux distro to ship 1.9 prior to requiring it
[10:56] You: its been suggested that updating libsl will fix that
[10:56] Hiro Protagonist: on my regions I'm running mono trunk as of about 5 days ago
[10:57] Melanie Milland: what was the change to region module?
[10:57] Neas Bade: yeh, honestly, it should happen after the release
[10:57] You: ok
[10:57] Adam Frisby: Melanie: Implements IDisposable -- Close() was changed to Dispose()
[10:57] Neas Bade: it caused a lot of break the last time
[10:57] Justin Clark-Casey notices his inventory seems to be strangely borked
[10:57] Adam Frisby: As I said, minor change -- but just enough to break everything.
[10:57] Charles Krinkeb: Ok, guys. Let me know when Hamilton can have the floor for the question of "How can we support his efforts?"
[10:57] Justin Clark-Casey: yeah, I agree with Neas, libsl update sounds better after 0.6
[10:57] Hiro Protagonist: 22 main agents - ties the record
[10:57] You: sounds good
[10:58] You: i was just putting it out there
[10:58] Charles Krinkeb: VIRT=962, RES=871
[10:58] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: sure
[10:58] Adam Frisby: Hey Jani
[10:58] Neas Bade: Adam, well, people with out of tree code should be watching checkins list :) It's going to happen in the future :)
[10:58] Melanie Milland: should i log in an alt?
[10:58] Charles Krinkeb: sorry, VIRT=962, RES=781, not 871
[10:58] Adam Frisby: Neas: Yeah I know, but we are pushing the Modules system as a way of plugging in without breaking. ;)
[10:58] Charles Krinkeb: nah, more should be along. let it rock and roll.
[10:58] Adam Frisby: If the module interfaces change too often, that kinda defeats the purpose there. heh.
[10:58] You: hello infinity
[10:58] Neas Bade: well, I would say it's a little early to guaruntee that interface yet
[10:59] Charles Krinkeb: May we give Hamilton the floor soon?
[10:59] Hiro Protagonist: Greetings Infinity - welcome to OSGrid :)
[10:59] Neas Bade: sure
[10:59] Adam Frisby: Hehe
[10:59] Melanie Milland: yeah. and RegisterMOduleInterface/RequestModuleInterface make specific implementations possible
[10:59] Neas Bade: sounds good
[10:59] Justin Clark-Casey: definitely, though announcements if we do know won't take very long?
[10:59] Justin Clark-Casey: it does depend on how stable the interfaces are though
[10:59] Justin Clark-Casey: charles: sure
[10:59] Charles Krinkeb: Hamilton, you have the floor.
[10:59] Hamilton Linden: Do I have the floor?
[10:59] Charles Krinkeb: yes
[10:59] Hiro Protagonist: :)
[10:59] Neas Bade: yep, agreed, if people know they are going to break something, good to tell people
[10:59] Hamilton Linden: I guaged interest from the at Zero's office hours on Thursday for Linden Lab providing an Open Beta for the Open Grid Protocol.
[10:59] Hamilton Linden: This would be for login & teleport with our beta grid.
[10:59] Hiro Protagonist: +1
[11:00] Adam Frisby: +1
[11:00] Charles Krinkeb: +2
[11:00] Hamilton Linden: Yes, let me know if you are interested
[11:00] BlueWall Slade: OGP Test++
[11:00] Melanie Milland: +3
[11:00] Hiro Protagonist: interested is an understatement Hamilton :D
[11:00] Hamilton Linden: Some of the folks expressed interest. This could happen sooner than later, like July.
[11:00] Hamilton Linden: We'd have an engineer available to test with you part time.
[11:00] Adam Frisby: Fairly close -- there are some security implications though, no?
[11:00] Tara5 Oh: Yani Pinion (Jani Pirkola of realXtend) is trying to come to the meeting but he is stuck undergroud somewhere outside Wrights plaza - any ideas for him?
[11:00] Charles Krinkeb: Hamilton. LL could instance a region on OSGrid and then have console control, or we could use this region if you wish.
[11:00] Teravus Ousley: I'd say, yes. definately interested.
[11:00] Adam Frisby: Like, when a client connects to your sim it shoots it's secret key at you.
[11:01] Adam Frisby: Which if a bad sim intercepted, could be used to drain your account of L$
[11:01] Hiro Protagonist: Tara: kindly suggest he purchase a box and install a linux dev environment
[11:01] Zha Ewry: I'd love to have that happen concrrently with havign the patches I've been working on avbailable for the community
[11:01] Hamilton Linden: We would provide our Agent Domain and a test viewer that supported login & teleport in OGP
[11:01] Adam Frisby: On the main grid, that could be bad(tm). So we'd want to have it work only against beta grid and specially vetted accounts I think?
[11:01] Charles Krinkeb: Yani probably needs to use the 1.19.1.4 client.
[11:01] Zha Ewry: Well, the beta grid is prety safe for that
[11:01] Melanie Milland: what would happen with avies like me, who have the same name in both grids?
[11:01] Adam Frisby: Yeah, we just need to ensure the secret session key is worthless when they make the teleport.
[11:02] Adam Frisby: Melanie: Zha's been adding a suffix on your avatar name
[11:02] Dahlia Trimble: hi Periapse :)
[11:02] Adam Frisby: ie: Melanie Milland.llgrid
[11:02] Hiro Protagonist: Hey, welcome to OSGrid, Periapse :D
[11:02] Zha Ewry: right, actually, ideally, it will be based on the agentdomain which authentciated you for now
[11:02] Hamilton Linden: Periapse Linden is the project manager for our OGP project
[11:02] Hiro Protagonist: Heehee, Periapse breaks the concurrent login record by my count :D
[11:02] Melanie Milland: so, does it work from either side? e.g. logged in in the beta grid, as Melanie Milland, could i tp to opensim?
[11:02] Zha Ewry: Longer term an interestign quetsion is how to manage all oof that
[11:02] Melanie Milland: or inward access only?
[11:02] Zha Ewry: It does
[11:02] Neas Bade: what's ounr count?
[11:02] Zha Ewry: Both ways
[11:02] Adam Frisby: Melanie: two-way.
[11:02] Dahlia Trimble: yikes a manager!
[11:03] Hamilton Linden: lol
[11:03] Hamilton Linden: he just makes sure we don't goof off all day
[11:03] Hiro Protagonist: we lost someone :(
[11:03] Hiro Protagonist: a couple actually
[11:03] Dahlia Trimble: everyone look busy :)
[11:03] Hiro Protagonist: back down to 21
[11:03] Neas Bade: Hamilton, sounds good. When will the client builds be made available?
[11:03] Melanie Milland: :(
[11:03] Teravus Ousley: hehe
[11:03] Hamilton Linden: Neas, we need to work all that out but at the moment we think we can pull this off during July
[11:03] Teravus Ousley: well that number can sometimes be behind...
[11:04] Zha Ewry: You can start at either end, and, code gremlins excepted, hop in both directions
[11:04] Charles Krinkeb: Dont push it. The record will be broken when Mr.Murphy is satisfied we have done our homework.
[11:04] Justin Clark-Casey: we are holding up well though - probably because we're all just sitting here
[11:04] Adam Frisby: Someone break out the self replicating torii.
[11:04] Melanie Milland: everybody rez?
[11:04] Melanie Milland: ^^
[11:04] Charles Krinkeb: Lets not turn on the bubble machine, then.
[11:04] Hiro Protagonist: lol Adam
[11:04] Hamilton Linden: We need to do some planning to work out the schedule, which Periapse is working on
[11:04] Justin Clark-Casey: oh lord, not the self replicating torii!
[11:04] Neas Bade: presumably we'd get those builds soon. It would be good to have a testable client before trying to integrate the login patch
[11:04] Zha Ewry: Interesting challanges for opensim owner who play with this, will be things like managing the whitelist
[11:04] You: heh dont tempt me
[11:05] Hiro Protagonist: count me in Zha
[11:05] Zha Ewry nods
[11:05] Teravus Ousley: +1 Neas
[11:05] Zha Ewry: I'm very open to thoughts from people who want input on how they would want toapproach thigs like whitelists
[11:05] Neas Bade: zha, how are you setting up the whitelist now?
[11:05] Melanie Milland wants to test this too
[11:05] Hamilton Linden: So it sounds like you guys are up for it and we'll go back and work on a schedule, we'll need to coordinate with Zha as well
[11:05] Zha Ewry: right now, it's a single line of code hidding in the httpbase :-(
[11:05] Neas Bade: :P
[11:06] Hiro Protagonist grins evilly
[11:06] Neas Bade: ok, yeh, that's not such a good approach
[11:06] Zha Ewry: Its a question of deciding how to propogate odwn the endpoint information
[11:06] Charles Krinkeb: Perhaps an avatar needs to be on both grids list in order to teleport?
[11:06] Melanie Milland raises 2 LOC and wants to see
[11:06] Melanie Milland: ^^
[11:06] Hiro Protagonist chuckles
[11:06] Zha Ewry: (most of the stuff around the handling of http requests doesn't have context at the handlers)
[11:06] Charles Krinkeb: Hiro? Avatar count?
[11:06] Justin Clark-Casey: some of that stuff will change soon
[11:07] Neas Bade: well, presumably there are already client builds out there for this. Would it really be that hard to spin those out publicly?
[11:07] Hiro Protagonist: 21 at present
[11:07] Justin Clark-Casey: Dr Schofield is writing http classes based on HttpServer.dll - don't know how relevant that is
[11:07] Charles Krinkeb: Are there any MySQL fields necessary to enable teleporting?
[11:07] Zha Ewry: I'm talking to Dr. Sco at the moment
[11:07] Justin Clark-Casey: zha: cool
[11:07] Zha Ewry: and no MySQL fields at all
[11:07] Neas Bade: also, it would be nice in the final client to have estate settings fields to manage that list
[11:08] Neas Bade: so they can be managed in world on sims
[11:08] Teravus Ousley suspects that in the future we'll be re-enabling MW's asset server metadata patch over the weekend.. that includes where to search for an asset.
[11:08] Charles Krinkeb: I am assuming teleporting will be "Ruth", no inventory, no nothing, just to make it work first.
[11:08] Hiro Protagonist: I'd like the option to manage the list directly - those in-client lists sometimes are too too short
[11:08] Zha Ewry: We only cache state in memory for the current avatars, so no reason to persist stuff. Tho.. It may come up whn we talk about presence caching
[11:08] Zha Ewry: And totally ruth, yes
[11:08] Justin Clark-Casey: teravus: oh right, this is in addition to his inventory work?
[11:08] Hamilton Linden: Actually, I had a question for Zha
[11:08] Teravus Ousley nods.. too soon for that though, I suppose.
[11:08] Hamilton Linden: Zha, could you make it so when you teleport into OpenSim you appear as the default avatar?
[11:08] Dahlia Trimble: metadata? o.O
[11:09] Hamilton Linden: rather than ruthed?
[11:09] Zha Ewry: You show up with just your name, and (for the moment, UUID of your ave on the aditi grid)
[11:09] Zha Ewry: I'm looking at that Hamilton
[11:09] Hamilton Linden: It would look better
[11:09] Neas Bade: yeh, I was very excited to see the inventory multiplexing
[11:09] Charles Krinkeb: Hamilton. FYI. Most of the testing we do is with the "official" LL client, currently 1.19.1.4
[11:09] Zha Ewry: The tricky bit, is that the client doesn't want to fetch a second enventory
[11:09] Neas Bade: Zha, our inventory multiplexing is behind the scenes
[11:09] Hiro Protagonist: I'm the one who pushes the client envelope for the most part
[11:09] Zha Ewry: So.. your shape, and stuff, is deeply muddled
[11:09] Dahlia Trimble has been using RC clients
[11:09] Justin Clark-Casey: zha: yeah, I can imagine
[11:10] Hiro Protagonist: I use the RC pretty much exclusively right now
[11:10] Charles Krinkeb: But for this special teleport, a different set of rules are reasonable.
[11:10] Zha Ewry: (I know Neas, but the shape, is partly a client issue from what I can tell)
[11:10] Neas Bade: ah, ok
[11:10] Hiro Protagonist: IMHO, it's the best linux client yet
[11:10] Hiro Protagonist: never crashed on me yet
[11:10] Hamilton Linden: Neas, it would be great if you could have access to your OpenSim inventory when on OpenSim
[11:10] Angelo Biondi: why not to check if the account is already an osgrid account and use his inventory/avatar
[11:10] Zha Ewry: Pixel and I need to chase this down al ittle
[11:10] Hiro Protagonist crosses fingers
[11:10] Neas Bade: yes, agreed :)
[11:10] Zha Ewry: Oh, totally hamilton
[11:10] BlueWall Slade: :)
[11:10] Zha Ewry: We were discussing some of that at AWGroupies thismorning
[11:10] Neas Bade: anyway, a lot of these issues we can only help with once there are client builds out there to play with :)
[11:10] Hamilton Linden: so while you wouldn't have it when you go to another grid, you'd have it on your own grid
[11:10] Neas Bade: *nudge* *nudge*
[11:11] Hamilton Linden: lol, Neas, I hear you loud and clear
[11:11] Zha Ewry smiles as Neas' sharp nudging stick is in someone else side
[11:11] Teravus Ousley: hehe
[11:11] Neas Bade: I've been all about pointy sticks today :)
[11:11] Hamilton Linden: We just want to make sure we provide you with something that is stable
[11:11] Neas Bade: honestly, release early release often
[11:11] Neas Bade: this crew is used to the unstable
[11:11] Hiro Protagonist: tiny little baby steps :)
[11:11] Charles Krinkeb: stable? Stable? STABLE? Whats that?
[11:11] Justin Clark-Casey: amen to that
[11:11] Hamilton Linden: For us, July is early :-)
[11:12] Hiro Protagonist: Stable, I think I heard that term used once
[11:12] Neas Bade: for us, july is already the past ;)
[11:12] BlueWall Slade: lol Cool : stability
[11:12] Neas Bade: I'm it's july now
[11:12] Torrance Miles points out is IS July
[11:12] Hiro Protagonist: 22 main agents
[11:12] Hamilton Linden: I think its actually about 6 months earlier than we were planning, so I think we're making progress
[11:12] Hamilton Linden: but you'll have to be patient with us
[11:12] Charles Krinkeb: Well, in all seriousness, we dont want anyone pressured to do a test before they feel comfortable.
[11:13] BlueWall Slade: we always are in SL
[11:13] BlueWall Slade: :)
[11:13] Hamilton Linden: :-)
[11:13] Hiro Protagonist: I'll be comfortable as soon as you all are ready at LL
[11:13] Neas Bade: yep. we just can't make any reasonable assessment of zha's patch until it is testable by the community
[11:13] Hiro Protagonist nods
[11:13] Axaes Xandal: wow, what's going on?
[11:13] Hamilton Linden: Cool, I think this will be great for us to work together on
[11:13] Zha Ewry: I've actually not seen *too* many issues with the test client, but. the clients have had a few realy interesting interactions with installed main clients
[11:13] Axaes Xandal: meeting?
[11:14] Charles Krinkeb: Axaes, yes.
[11:14] Neas Bade: Axaes, yes, the opensim office hours
[11:14] Teravus Ousley: Yes, this is the OpenSimulator office hours
[11:14] Neas Bade: welcome
[11:14] Hiro Protagonist: Hi Axa :)
[11:14] Charles Krinkeb: and you might have just broken the record. Is it 23?
[11:14] Zha Ewry: And, I completrely agree. One thing, I'm very eager to see, is people being able to run the patches, and give feedback.
[11:14] Hiro Protagonist: 23 it is
[11:14] Charles Krinkeb: New record for OpenSim. 23 avatars, ODE physics.
[11:14] Kurt Stringer: woot
[11:14] Neas Bade: someone shoulkd make sure to get screen shots :)
[11:14] Charles Krinkeb: And Axaes did it.
[11:14] Teravus Ousley checks frame time
[11:14] BlueWall Slade: most of us probably stay very close to trunk here
[11:15] Hiro Protagonist: we're going into a soft GC pretty frequenbtly if the periodic lags are any indication
[11:15] Melanie Milland: WOOT
[11:15] Charles Krinkeb: incoming avatar
[11:15] Melanie Milland rezzes a rpim to celebrate, and takes the sim down :)
[11:15] BlueWall Slade: hehe mel
[11:15] Hiro Protagonist: we may see a system GC - it will block the sim
[11:15] Dahlia Trimble: frame time has been in the 200s for a while
[11:15] Kurt Stringer: lol
[11:15] Adam Frisby: Charles: Not a OpenSim record, but a WP one definetely.
[11:15] Teravus Ousley: well technically, child avatar are almost the same as a main avatar.
[11:15] Justin Clark-Casey: yeah, frame time is high
[11:15] Hiro Protagonist: so dont panic LoL
[11:15] Adam Frisby: OpenSim is 34 -- the Antigone Concert we did 3 months back.
[11:15] Melanie Milland: it's always high on linux
[11:15] Hiro Protagonist: 25 main agents
[11:15] Charles Krinkeb: sorry, you are right.
[11:15] Justin Clark-Casey: most of that seems to by physics time
[11:15] You: im frapsing this btw
[11:16] Charles Krinkeb: Ok, folks. We aim for 34 now.
[11:16] Teravus Ousley: well, consider agent time to be the factor here.. ..
[11:16] Hamilton Linden: Ok, once we get our act together we'll come back and give you the details
[11:16] Adam Frisby: Hehe
[11:16] Teravus Ousley: Physics time was exactly the same with 5 avatar
[11:16] Hiro Protagonist: Excellent Hamilton
[11:16] Charles Krinkeb: We cannot afford to let Adam hold the record for long.
[11:16] Hamilton Linden: probably create a wiki page and do a blog post too
[11:16] Neas Bade: heh, well I have a 1080 bot record :)
[11:16] Tara5 Oh: Cool nebadon could you send me a link for your frapz!
[11:16] Neas Bade: but that's pretty synthetic
[11:16] Hiro Protagonist: we'll look forward to it
[11:16] Charles Krinkeb: Is it 24 now?
[11:16] Hiro Protagonist: yes, 24
[11:16] Hamilton Linden: Thanks!
[11:16] You: sure it will be on planet.opensim.us soon
[11:16] Neas Bade: Hamilton, great
[11:17] Zha Ewry: I'm also looking to get the patches into neas' hand in the next few days, so we can get it out to the community for review
[11:17] BlueWall Slade: thanks Hamilton
[11:17] Hamilton Linden: Great Zha
[11:17] Teravus Ousley: Thanks indeed.
[11:17] Charles Krinkeb: Hamilton, we will go out of our way to help move this along. As a non-profit grid, view us a little bit like Switzerland.
[11:17] Justin Clark-Casey: since when was Switzerland non-profit? :)
[11:17] Dahlia Trimble: with skiing?
[11:17] Charles Krinkeb: Also, LL can put a region on the grid at any time and at no charge if they wish.
[11:17] Zha Ewry: I'm also planning on actually showing up on IRC, because I need a tenth blinking window in my life
[11:17] You: lol
[11:17] Hamilton Linden: I'd like to introduce someone else
[11:17] Torrance Miles is Offline
[11:17] Hamilton Linden: Bill Humphries just joined
[11:18] BlueWall Slade: hmm a L$ Swiss bank account
[11:18] Hamilton Linden: Bill you want to introduce yourself
[11:18] Bill Humphries waves.
[11:18] Hiro Protagonist: Hiya Bill
[11:18] BlueWall Slade: GC Time :)
[11:18] Teravus Ousley: Greetings Bill
[11:18] Neas Bade: hey Bill
[11:18] Dahlia Trimble: Hi Bill
[11:18] Justin Clark-Casey: Hello Bill
[11:18] Zha Ewry: Hey Biull
[11:18] Neas Bade: welcome to osgrid
[11:18] Angelo Biondi: once more hi Bill
[11:18] Zha Ewry greets with a traditional Zha typo
[11:18] Axaes Xandal: I think the occaisonal av with Jesus posture is hysterical
[11:18] Bill Humphries: Hi, I'm Bill. AKA Whump Linden, and I'm working with Hamilton's team.
[11:18] Axaes Xandal: ..gg..
[11:18] Hiro Protagonist: :D
[11:18] Teravus Ousley: Heya Bill :D
[11:19] Hiro Protagonist: welcome to our lil grid WHump :D
[11:19] Adam Frisby: Hey Bill
[11:19] BlueWall Slade: Hello Bill
[11:19] Adam Frisby: (When it rains it pours, hehe.)
[11:19] Bill Humphries: Thanks, everyone. Great to be here.
[11:19] Hamilton Linden: Bill is planning on supporting and running the Open Beta with Periapse
[11:19] Neas Bade: great
[11:19] Neas Bade: bill, you should also join us on #opensim-dev on irc.freenode.net
[11:19] Neas Bade: where the dev team hangs out
[11:19] Hiro Protagonist: indeed
[11:19] Hiro Protagonist: you all should
[11:19] Charles Krinkeb: Hello, Bill. Welcome to OSGrid and the OpenSim "Office Hour". We hold this each Tuesday right here.
[11:20] Kurt Stringer: where we talk about things other than numbers of AVs in the plaza ;-)
[11:20] Hamilton Linden: I'm going to take off unless anyone else has a question
[11:20] Chris D is Online
[11:20] Hamilton Linden: Great discussing this with all of you
[11:20] Hamilton Linden: Cya!
[11:20] Neas Bade: thanks for stopping by
[11:20] Dahlia Trimble: Bye Hamilton :)
[11:20] Charles Krinkeb: Do we move on to other questions? And thank you for joining us, Hamilton.
[11:20] Justin Clark-Casey: 25 agents!
[11:20] BlueWall Slade: Thanks
[11:20] Zha Ewry: Oh, and one caveat on the current patching, is that it's only on non-grid mode, at the moment.
[11:20] Hiro Protagonist: me too - two back to back VR meetings and my eyestrain is coming on hard
[11:20] Teravus Ousley: Thanks for joinging us at the office hours
[11:21] Xantor Welesa: We live in interesting times... Thanks! :)
[11:21] You: yea this was really awesome
[11:21] Tara5 Oh: bye Hamilton
[11:21] You: i'll be posting the transcript on the wiki
[11:21] Hiro Protagonist: TC all
[11:21] Hiro Protagonist: thanks for all the fishes :D
[11:21] Justin Clark-Casey: see ya hiro
[11:21] Neas Bade: Zha, well I'm betting that others will make it work in grid mode pretty quickly
[11:21] BlueWall Slade: bye hiro
[11:21] Charles Krinkeb: Back to 0.6. Do we agree that some progress on implementing LSL functions and some progress on nHibernate is the goal for the next week?
[11:21] Hiro Protagonist waves
[11:21] Zha Ewry: I agree
[11:21] Torrance Miles: Neb: what is the link to the transcript on the Wiki?
[11:21] Hiro Protagonist: +1 Chuck - bye :D
[11:21] You: havent made it yet
[11:22] Teravus Ousley: well, isn't the NHybernate the last thing that needs to be done before we do a 0.6?
[11:22] You: but i will post it at the end of the meeting
[11:22] Zha Ewry: Most of this should port nicely, and I'm doing stubs in grid mode
[11:22] Melanie Milland: +1
[11:22] You: search for "office hours"
[11:22] You: on the wiki
[11:22] You: you will get the entire recorded history of tuesday meetings
[11:22] Neas Bade: and the stubs
[11:23] Teravus Ousley: That'll be great to see, Zha
[11:23] Adam Frisby: Oh
[11:23] Zha Ewry nods
[11:23] Charles Krinkeb: Anything else besides nHibernate and LSL subroutine progress we desire for 0.6. I did not say complete, only said progress.
[11:23] Kurt Stringer: 0.6 - I'd like to see a dotnet engine that uses the shared LSL and OSSL apis
[11:23] Adam Frisby: I nearly forgot, I've got a 2 minute topic -
[11:24] Zha Ewry: I'm looking forward to getting these out, so I can also start focusing on some other things I've seen along the way
[11:24] Charles Krinkeb: Kurt. I would put that in the "progress on LSL" category for now, if thats Ok. Without putting anyone in a corner.
[11:24] Adam Frisby: Myself, Justin, Tish and Mic Bowman will be speaking in VW08 in LA this year on OpenSim --- but I've got another call for speakers for the VWF in London (not VW London), anyone devs interested?
[11:25] Melanie Milland: ro speak on what aspects?
[11:25] Zha Ewry: is that the 2 weeks out one?
[11:25] Neas Bade: Did you hit up MW?
[11:25] Adam Frisby: No, it's the one in October 6th-8th
[11:25] Melanie Milland: (me being in london)
[11:25] Zha Ewry: Oh.
[11:25] Zha Ewry: The fall one
[11:25] Adam Frisby: Yeah.
[11:25] Neas Bade: speaking of mic, I haven't seen him on irc much of late
[11:25] Adam Frisby: I dont have the official topic yet (it's coming), but it will probably be Open Source Metaverses or Standardisation or something like that.
[11:25] Adam Frisby: Neas: He's been a bit busy.
[11:26] Teravus Ousley: yeah, I've seen him periodically
[11:26] You: i spent some time testing ODE with him on his regions running on his mac not long ago
[11:26] Neas Bade: ok, cool
[11:26] Kurt Stringer: on that subject - anyone going to the Game Developers Conference in Austin?
[11:26] Adam Frisby: Hrrrm.
[11:26] Adam Frisby: When is GDC?
[11:27] You: one might ask what is GDC
[11:27] Kurt Stringer: sept 15-17
[11:27] Neas Bade: oh, before I forget
[11:27] Kurt Stringer: http://www.austingdc.net/
[11:27] You: nice
[11:27] Xantor Welesa: ok everyone closing time for me.. 3am :)
[11:27] Neas Bade: I'm presenting OpenSim at Linux World Conference / Expo in Aug in San Fran
[11:28] You: night Xantor
[11:28] You: thanks for coming
[11:28] Axaes Xandal: neat Neas
[11:28] Xantor Welesa: Always fun :)
[11:28] Dahlia Trimble: Bye Xantor :)
[11:28] BlueWall Slade: bye Xantor
[11:28] Teravus Ousley: take care Xantor
[11:28] Neas Bade: I think my presentation is Aug 5th
[11:28] Justin Clark-Casey: bye xantor
[11:28] Neas Bade: if there are opensimers in that neck of the woods that want to meet up, let me know
[11:28] Kurt Stringer: Austin GDC - I missed the submission deadline, or I'd have put it for it
[11:28] Xantor Welesa disappears in a cloud of orange smoke *cough*
[11:28] Adam Frisby: Hrrm. I might be able to attend GDC actually.
[11:29] Zha Ewry: I need to run, so I can breath for 3 minutes before my next eye strain session
[11:29] Adam Frisby: kk
[11:29] Melanie Milland: lol zha
[11:29] Neas Bade: thanks for popping in Zha
[11:29] Dahlia Trimble: lol
[11:29] Adam Frisby: I'm going to grab some food too
[11:29] You: ok Zha thanks for coming
[11:29] Charles Krinkeb: New question: "What can the testers do to help the developers in the next week?"
[11:29] Zha Ewry: I hope to do this more often
[11:29] Dahlia Trimble: bye Zha :)
[11:29] Adam Frisby: See you all at Zero's?
[11:29] You: same time next tuesday
[11:29] Justin Clark-Casey: see you adam, zha
[11:29] Kurt Stringer: Adam - if you do let me know
[11:29] Teravus Ousley: Take care Zha
[11:29] Bill Humphries: we need bigger monitors, Zha
[11:29] Axaes Xandal: I would love to come, but as a vegan I'm a "tearist" now.
[11:29] Zha Ewry: and, even be visbile on IRC
[11:29] Dahlia Trimble: I'm going to try and make Zero's... bye all :)
[11:29] Zha Ewry: k
[11:29] Zha Ewry: See you all soon
[11:29] Teravus Ousley: Yes, I'll be at Zero's.. . Doing a hard drive copy and some other work in the background
[11:29] Axaes Xandal: they don't let me into the US anymore
[11:30] Torrance Miles: bouncing, later everyone.
[11:30] Axaes Xandal: bye
[11:30] BlueWall Slade: Axaes: we're afraid you'll eat all the carrots
[11:30] Teravus Ousley: Take care :D
[11:30] BlueWall Slade: hehe
[11:30] Bill Humphries: off to zero's office hours
[11:30] Kurt Stringer: yep, bye all
[11:30] Axaes Xandal: lol Blue
[11:30] BlueWall Slade: i have to run too
[11:30] Charles Krinkeb: We started a bit early, so finishing a bit early is reasonable. Any more essential business for today?
[11:30] BlueWall Slade: good meeting today
[11:30] Justin Clark-Casey: charles: what are the biggest problems right now?
[11:30] Axaes Xandal: catch you later Blue
[11:30] Bill Humphries: nice to meet you all, looking forward to the Beta
[11:30] Kurt Stringer is Offline
[11:30] Teravus Ousley: me too Whump :D
[11:30] BlueWall Slade: Bill++
[11:30] Justin Clark-Casey: bye bluewall, bill
[11:31] Axaes Xandal: nice to meet YOU Bill
[11:31] You: #1 memory, #2 memory and i think #3 was memory
[11:31] BlueWall Slade: bye, see ya on IRC
[11:31] You: :P
[11:31] Charles Krinkeb: Justin. From my perspective it is getting momentum to implement the balance of the LSL functions.
[11:31] Neas Bade: heh
[11:31] Axaes Xandal: okidoke
[11:31] Justin Clark-Casey: yes - I didn't catch whether we were running with the large setting today
[11:31] Neas Bade: well, dynamic textures should be better now
[11:31] You: yea seems to be pretty solid
[11:31] Axaes Xandal: how about scriptless sitting? will it be implemented?
[11:31] Justin Clark-Casey: charles: yes - so the issues with doing that are better now?
[11:32] You: i had 512 weather panels chugging along nicely
[11:32] Melanie Milland: i'm going to log... taking a walk in ML (MeatLife) then back on IRC
[11:32] You: lol
[11:32] Teravus Ousley: well, #1 is cleaning up the texture pathways.. put them into client view so the system is more portable :D
[11:32] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: so we are running with a recompiled mono?
[11:32] You: not here
[11:32] Teravus Ousley: for me anyway
[11:32] You: i was testing in windows
[11:32] Teravus Ousley laughs
[11:32] You: Windows 2003 Server
[11:32] You: but
[11:32] You: Hiro had 1024 running on his Linux box
[11:32] You: i just didnt go that far
[11:32] Neas Bade: nice
[11:33] Neas Bade: ok, time for me to run away as well
[11:33] You: but at 1mb a script
[11:33] Justin Clark-Casey: cheers neas
[11:33] You: its really heavy
[11:33] Neas Bade: have a good one folks
[11:33] Neas Bade is Offline
[11:33] You: bye sean
[11:33] Teravus Ousley: heh, yes, 1bm script is heavy ;P
[11:33] Melanie Milland is Offline
[11:33] You: yea
[11:33] Teravus Ousley: MB
[11:33] You: slightly
[11:33] Dahlia Trimble is Offline
[11:33] You: he was using 1.3 gb of ram
[11:34] Teravus Ousley: ok, time for me to switch to Agni...
[11:34] You: alrighty thanks everyone
[11:34] You: i'll be posting the transcript now
[11:34] Teravus Ousley: thanks for coming :D
[11:34] Teravus Ousley: next week, same bat time.. same bat grid

Personal tools
About This Wiki