Chat log from the meeting on 2008-04-15

From OpenSimulator

Jump to: navigation, search

[11:19] You: client crashed, but sim lived. Woot
[11:19] Ken West: lol
[11:21] sculpty_chair_with_sit: started
[11:21] sculpty_chair_with_sit: started
[11:21] Open Content: Now I think I can handle alot of the canned assets or atleast send things in, but where can I find information about where to send those in?
[11:21] You: Did we loose Teravus and Justin?
[11:22] You: I think the ones we are talking about are .xml files to svn
[11:22] You: So, they would be patches to the code base and be Mantis submitted.
[11:22] You: The trick is to make sure we are "copyright" clear so we get no criticism.
[11:22] Kurt Stringer: Hi everybody
[11:22] Open Content: Hi Kurt
[11:22] You: Hi Kurt
[11:23] You: Hi Justin
[11:23] Open Content: Yeah I've got licenses for almost, if not all, of the content, It's just a matter of finding what applies.
[11:23] Justin Clark-Casey: phew, that's better
[11:23] Kurt Stringer: wow, looks like Neas donated my Tardis
[11:23] Open Content: like Share-Alike
[11:23] Justin Clark-Casey: yeah, user server got itself in a state
[11:23] paulie Femto: back
[11:23] Open Content: can that be distributed in a BSD License project like this?
[11:24] paulie Femto: I built that TARDIS. If its an issue, Ill takes iut out. :)
[11:24] Kurt Stringer: kewl, no, i was noticing it is slightly different from mine
[11:25] paulie Femto: I mean, if it's an IP violation.
[11:25] You: Open. I would suggest an e-mail to the -dev mailing list describing anything you might be willing to donate and let folks chat about it.
[11:25] paulie Femto: we dont want the BBC after us. :)
[11:25] Justin Clark-Casey: lol
[11:25] Kurt Stringer: No, but ruth can come out of it ;-)
[11:25] Kurt Stringer: or better Rose
[11:25] paulie Femto: or Martha. :)
[11:26] Kurt Stringer: Peavey Ibanez - guitar or bass?
[11:26] peavy ibanez: bass
[11:26] paulie Femto: not that orrible new chick, tho. ugh.
[11:26] Open Content: okay, All the stuff I have I can distribute as an individual, it's just as part of a packaged product, more or less, could be an issue
[11:26] emma toobad: did u make it here its aqua
[11:26] You: We dont want any angst from anyone. I think the canned assets in the roadmap are viewed more as a modest starter kit, like the grass shack idea in SL inventory.
[11:27] sculpty_chair_with_sit: started
[11:28] Teravus Ousley: Hello
[11:28] You: Any major gripes with the way things are going lately?
[11:28] Justin Clark-Casey: 16 users not bad
[11:28] Justin Clark-Casey: Hello Teravus!
[11:28] paulie Femto: Hey, Tera!
[11:28] Open Content: okay, not at all CK, I've been here a week and I've seen vast improvements
[11:29] You: Just to put the whole thing in perspective. When we held the very first office hour here on this sim, it was last November and it was a completely blank island, 4 attended.
[11:29] paulie Femto: woots!
[11:30] Justin Clark-Casey: now I have an awful Dr Who pop song in my head
[11:30] peavy ibanez: lol
[11:30] Kurt Stringer: lol
[11:30] paulie Femto: jcc: heh
[11:30] You: Couldnt even think about scripts, scuplties or anything more then a basic plywood box.
[11:30] Ken West: great improvement so far!
[11:30] Teravus Ousley: heh, justincc's tradmark skin.
[11:31] You: I think as we head towards 0.6, getting the last 140 ll-functions implemented is going to be important and thats something that others can do and submit patches.
[11:31] Justin Clark-Casey: yeah, black never goes out of fashion:D
[11:31] Monk Zymurgy: never
[11:31] Monk Zymurgy: :)
[11:31] paulie Femto: black is the new black. :)
[11:31] You: While the core developers try to keep the fins on the rocket ship as everyone else pours rocket fuel into the afterburners.
[11:32] Teravus Ousley does the black thing
[11:32] paulie Femto: at least we're not headed into the Sun, like LL. lol
[11:32] Justin Clark-Casey: hey, ter my man!
[11:32] Justin Clark-Casey: love your threads
[11:32] Teravus Ousley: heh.
[11:32] You: It does seem that stability is getting a bit better lately.
[11:33] Open Content: Is their a 'Plan B' for OpenSim if LL goes off a cliff and stops supporting the viewer ect.
[11:33] Monk Zymurgy: eep
[11:33] paulie Femto: We;re looking at OpenViewer, I think?
[11:34] You: Well, I have a hard time imaging that happening, but I hope OpenViewer to be able to resolve "Office Hour" and participate here in another week or so.
[11:34] Teravus Ousley: could use the OnRez viewer, right? :P or an old one.
[11:34] Justin Clark-Casey: or Ajax Life? :D
[11:34] You: The RexViewer is another option.
[11:34] paulie Femto: AjaxLife. :)
[11:34] You: But, if LL has big problems, it will hurt all, including us.
[11:34] Justin Clark-Casey: I can't see that happening in the near future, I think we'll be fine
[11:35] paulie Femto: you mean istead of LL *being* a big problem? heh
[11:35] Melanie Milland: the ll viewer is open source. gpl, sure, but there is no reson it can't be kept alive
[11:35] Melanie Milland: even developed further, without LL
[11:35] Deifante Walters: There's someone taking notes for the general OpenViewer people now
[11:35] You: Hey, I have only good things to say about LL. They say only good things about ut.
[11:35] You: us
[11:35] paulie Femto: Sorry. I'll stop trashtalkin LL. I know they're trying. :)
[11:36] You: Imaging how we would feel if Zero said negative things about OpenSim at his Office Hour.
[11:36] paulie Femto: YEah. That would be bad.
[11:36] Open Content: exactly
[11:36] Justin Clark-Casey: I'd go over there and whale on his ass!
[11:36] paulie Femto: lol
[11:36] Justin Clark-Casey: until he booted me off the grid
[11:36] You: What is important this week for the group??
[11:36] paulie Femto: Let's keep it positive. :)
[11:37] You: I would like to suggest that folks start putting prims with text and pictures in the field to my left showing off their sims and builds.
[11:37] Ken West: any inventory issues?
[11:37] Chris D: Inventory stability
[11:37] peavy ibanez: yeah i have no inventory on my regions
[11:37] paulie Femto: I found out yesterday that I cant build much on my region which is hosted on a bandwidth crippled DSL line. heh. :)
[11:37] Open Content: Aye, I'd like to start on my Repository project but I'm holding back untill people have a stable inventory
[11:38] You: There was an inventory issue. The latest svn seems much improved and daTwitch got his inventory back by updating to the latest and clearing the clieng cache.
[11:38] Monk Zymurgy: my inv is 100% ok :)
[11:38] Justin Clark-Casey: yes, we're slowly working on inventory issues. If you have inventory problems, please try clearing your cache and relogging
[11:38] You: "clearing the client cache"
[11:38] paulie Femto: MY inventory seems fine.
[11:38] Justin Clark-Casey: I think a small change in the last couple of days
[may] have improved things
[11:38] paulie Femto: didnt mean the studly caps. heh.
[11:38] Chris D: Tried the cache clearing again about 1 hour ago. Lost all my original inventory last week.
[11:38] Open Content: Are people able to copy boxed inventory yet?
[11:38] Melanie Milland: if a_biondi gets his part of the inventory wearables patch reworked today, we even have proper wearables - it works for me
[11:39] Open Content: cool!
[11:39] You: We need to rebouble our Mantis reports to add confirming notes from a second user as we have many Mantis that cannot be duplicated by the developers.
[11:39] Justin Clark-Casey: melanie: the issue there, is that the database layer is going to be reworked very soon
[11:39] paulie Femto: Can we drag folders from inv onto AV, yet?
[11:39] Justin Clark-Casey: if we make database changes before then, the work will have to be duplicated again
[11:39] Melanie Milland: the more important to get that stuff in now, so it becomes part of the rework
[11:39] Justin Clark-Casey: paulie: not yet
[11:40] Justin Clark-Casey: I'm more inclined to wait for the rework, because we will have much greater surety then that it will work for all the databases than nhibernate supports
[11:40] paulie Femto: could I put in a vote for UNDO on building? It seems like a high nail: easy to implenent and nuch needed.
[11:40] You: 17 avatars, 766VIRT, 580RES, 37% CPU, 58% MEM
[11:40] Teravus Ousley: not easy to implement but it's on my list of things to do.
[11:41] Melanie Milland: why forego having the functionality in the meanwhile?
[11:41] paulie Femto: Tera: ok. cool. :)
[11:41] You: Wasnt there a shift copy request also?
[11:41] Open Content: shift copy works
[11:41] paulie Femto: COPY FROM SELECTION doesnt work yet.
[11:41] paulie Femto: I'd love that one.
[11:41] You: Thats it
[11:41] Melanie Milland: ctrl-z neither
[11:41] Teravus Ousley: it's duplicate on ray that doesn't work.. and it's because my raycaster has a bug
[11:41] You: Is that tough? Should it be in 0.6?
[11:41] paulie Femto: I think it uses raycast to position a new prim on the face of an existing one.
[11:41] Ken West: confirmed that shift copy works, but "take copy" from selection doesn't work
[11:42] You: Dont we get a lot of traffic on IRC about editing a script on a prim directly?
[11:42] paulie Femto: take copy actually takes a copy now, not th eoriginal
[11:42] paulie Femto: editing scripts in prim works
[11:42] Melanie Milland: you can edit scripts in prims
[11:42] Justin Clark-Casey: there may be some issue with take copy where it doesn't work for everybody, for as yet unknown reasons
[11:42] paulie Femto: we cant CREATE SCRIPT in prim yet
[11:42] Melanie Milland: but the new script button doesn't work
[11:42] Melanie Milland: you can edit scripts in prims
[11:43] Justin Clark-Casey: mantis 860
[11:43] You: Ok. Thats what I meant.
[11:43] Monk Zymurgy: i like my new habit of editing script in the inventory..its a good habit
[11:43] Justin Clark-Casey: I had a patch for the new script button ages ago, but there was some reason it couldn't be applied cleanly
[11:43] You: Ok. So, the editing is not a big deal? We have bigger issues to solve right now?
[11:43] Justin Clark-Casey: can't quite remember what that was, may be some perms thing for som ereason
[11:43] Melanie Milland: i edit in prims and "New Script" if my preferred mode of script creation
[11:44] emma toobad: yay enktan
[11:44] emma toobad: hugssssssssss
[11:44] Justin Clark-Casey: 20 agents
[11:44] Enktan Gully: it worked!
[11:44] You: I ask again that notes be added to existing Mantis confirming and giving recipe to duplicate as there are many Mantis that cannot be duplicated by the developers.
[11:44] Justin Clark-Casey: wp absolutely has to bomb soon...
[11:44] emma toobad: yes
[11:44] Enktan Gully: i'm a newbie!
[11:44] emma toobad: hahahhaaha
[11:44] emma toobad: lol
[11:44] You: Hi, Enktan. Welcome
[11:44] paulie Femto: Welcome, Enktan!
[11:44] Open Content: Welcome
[11:44] Cozmos Enzo newbie too it's k
[11:44] Enktan Gully: hi all :)
[11:45] You: This is our weekly "Office Hour". Held each Tuesday at this time and place.
[11:45] Cozmos Enzo newbie at the os grid
[11:45] peavy ibanez: hi enktan welcome
[11:45] Enktan Gully: ty
[11:45] You: We discuss where we are going with the OpenSim software in the next week.
[11:45] Justin Clark-Casey: charles: did you say you wanted to do 0.5.5 soon?
[11:45] You: I would like to do it this afternoon if there are no objections.
[11:46] JB Kraft: ive been working out a gui for logging ito the various grids with one client, keep track of uris and creds and such, a frontend for the client, so to speak. is anyone else doing such a thing, anyone know?
[11:46] Lamont Helvetic: yes, over at litesim
[11:46] paulie Femto: ck: release == cool.
[11:46] You: Also the OpenViewer folks are looking at that.
[11:46] Teravus Ousley has an issue with litesim's license
[11:47] Ken West: a new release is a good idea
[11:47] emma toobad: i have been comin here since last year and every time i come there has been some development here
[11:47] emma toobad: its great to see
[11:47] Lamont Helvetic raises a hand to calm the GPL vs BSD flames
[11:47] Cozmos Enzo: what kinda code can u use in scripts?
[11:47] You: Thats great, emma. you are welcome to help build out a little part of the Metaverse also.
[11:47] You: LSL, OSSL, C#
[11:47] Cozmos Enzo: kk ty
[11:47] emma toobad: wonderful
[11:47] paulie Femto: Cozmos: many (not all) LSL command work so far
[11:48] Cozmos Enzo: yeah
[11:48] You: 188 (approx) of 328
[11:48] Cozmos Enzo: i noticed
[11:48] paulie Femto: our version of LSL is actually called OSSL. :)
[11:48] Cozmos Enzo: one of wich may be llgetpos
[11:48] You: All the easy ones are done. Its now a marathon to finish it.
[11:48] Cozmos Enzo: roflmengitis
[11:49] paulie Femto: Hey, SHimboo.
[11:49] You: We need patches. Only one function could be in a patch. But, the marathon needs more runners. Its an easy way to get into C#
[11:49] Cozmos Enzo: umm is this everyone in all OS grid online?
[11:49] You: What do you mean, Cozmos?
[11:49] Shimboo Baxter: hi
[11:49] Kurt Stringer: Charles: not so easy at this point
[11:49] Cozmos Enzo: like how many peoples online in OS right now
[11:49] emma toobad: hi
[11:49] Melanie Milland: i'm in the process of fixing landmarks
[11:50] Kurt Stringer: the function left requires a bit of other bits to make work
[11:50] paulie Femto: we got 23 agents on here right now! :)
[11:50] Cozmos Enzo: tele-porting :)
[11:50] You: about 20 in the region right now.
[11:50] peavy ibanez: cool
[11:50] You: please dont teleport right now.
[11:50] Cozmos Enzo: is it possible?
[11:50] You: we will probably crash.
[11:50] You: yes.
[11:50] Cozmos Enzo: :D
[11:50] You: just dont do it right now.
[11:50] Cozmos Enzo: i won't
[11:50] You: plese
[11:50] You: thanks
[11:50] Cozmos Enzo: k
[11:50] Cozmos Enzo: i will later
[11:50] paulie Femto: "what we got back didnt live long, Captain..."
[11:51] Cozmos Enzo: can inworld voice be enabled yet?
[11:51] paulie Femto: "it turned inside out. and exploded."
[11:51] You: We have 10 minutes to go in Office Hour. What hasnt been mentioned that is important.
[11:51] Cozmos Enzo: THE BUG I FOUND!
[11:51] Cozmos Enzo: in terraforming
[11:51] You: There are no bugs in OpenSim. Its perfect.
[11:51] Cozmos Enzo: xD
[11:51] Chris D: They are all features :)
[11:51] You: Did you Mantis it, Cozmos?
[11:52] paulie Femto: Monk made a change to settings.xml to change minimap colors to look better.
[11:52] peavy ibanez: :)
[11:52] Justin Clark-Casey: charles: ha ha ha ha ha
[11:52] Cozmos Enzo gave you Snapshot : Subdivision of Subdivision of Yo, SandboxYang (182, 1.
[11:52] Cozmos Enzo: i tink i passed out all of those
[11:52] You: With the big tall spires?
[11:52] Cozmos Enzo: well the little line next to me
[11:52] Cozmos Enzo: is a spike
[11:52] Cozmos Enzo: read the altitude
[11:52] You: I saw earlier.
[11:53] Cozmos Enzo: i shitt my pants they were so tall
[11:53] TARDIS type 43: No gURL present
[11:53] TARDIS type 43: No gURL present
[11:53] TARDIS type 43: No gURL present
[11:53] You: It is possible to create bottomless pits and impossibly tall spires using the select tool and then lower or raise.
[11:53] Cozmos Enzo: yeah
[11:53] Cozmos Enzo: i know
[11:53] You: For extra fun, try terraforming the corner of a region, adjacent to three other regions.
[11:53] Cozmos Enzo: i used revert land
[11:53] Cozmos Enzo: rofl
[11:53] Cozmos Enzo: when i used revert
[11:53] Cozmos Enzo: after lifting some land
[11:53] Cozmos Enzo: in 5 secs
[11:54] Cozmos Enzo: 4000 meter spike
[11:54] peavy ibanez: i have seen that happen for a few weeks now, any time a create a new region i get the big spike in the corner
[11:54] Teravus Ousley: ooops. don't use revert!
[11:54] Teravus Ousley: the revert channel is broken
[11:54] You: ROTFLMAO
[11:54] Cozmos Enzo: uhh yeah
[11:54] Open Content: We need a builder's bible
[11:54] Cozmos Enzo: i kinda found that out the hard way
[11:54] Open Content: what you can and cannot do
[11:54] peavy ibanez: i use terrain fill so ,not a big deal
[11:54] Cozmos Enzo: well
[11:55] paulie Femto: Open: docs are great, but very tough to maintain as the project is movin so fast.
[11:55] Cozmos Enzo: i wish i could code in C#
[11:55] Teravus Ousley: yeah, that's actually a channel that the sim normally encodes. It's broken currently though.
[11:55] Teravus Ousley: (the revert channel)
[11:55] paulie Femto: brb...
[11:55] Cozmos Enzo: mkaay
[11:55] Cozmos Enzo: ^^
[11:55] Cozmos Enzo: big spikes are fun
[11:55] Cozmos Enzo: one more thing
[11:55] Cozmos Enzo: just a Q
[11:55] Cozmos Enzo: how do i host my own sim
[11:55] Ken West: any one planning to look into the missing prims in linked prims issues?
[11:55] You: Read the wiki and search on "osgrid"
[11:56] Cozmos Enzo: damnit
[11:56] Cozmos Enzo: website please
[11:56] Ken West:
[11:56] Cozmos Enzo: man i went there
[11:56] Cozmos Enzo: and could not fid it
[11:56] You: search on "osgrid", look at "grids" page for the other grids.
[11:56] Cozmos Enzo: find
[11:56] peavy ibanez: the opensim site has great doc's
[11:56] You: Its there.
[11:56] Cozmos Enzo: errmmm
[11:57] Justin Clark-Casey: hmm, I think that's a rather generous statement peavy :)
[11:57] Cozmos Enzo: i must not of looked through everyage
[11:57] You: try harder, please. Sorry to be short. Big meeting.
[11:57] Teravus Ousley: yeah, some things you've got to find . We've all got just enough time to do what we're already doing :D
[11:57] Justin Clark-Casey: Teravus: we do!!!
[11:57] You: we do??
[11:57] Teravus Ousley: .. ie. can't answer the same questions over and over again
[11:57] Justin Clark-Casey: I mean, we do????!
[11:57] Justin Clark-Casey: :D
[11:57] You: :P
[11:57] Cozmos Enzo thinks: ... fuck
[11:57] You: Only, I, the grand pubba can use that word.
[11:57] peavy ibanez: lol
[11:58] Cozmos Enzo: i thought it though
[11:58] You: And I choose not to.
[11:58] Ken West: any thought on backing up capability?
[11:58] Cozmos Enzo thinks***
[11:58] Justin Clark-Casey: Ken West: what do you mean?
[11:58] You: Justin, Teravus. "What can the testers do to make your lives easier in the next week?"
[11:58] Teravus Ousley sets Wright Plaza to a PG zone
[11:59] Justin Clark-Casey: for me, putting the section of region log that occurs when something goes wrong (if you are running a region) is very valuable
[11:59] Ken West: like adding in additional backing up capability with inventory and objects/prims all in one
[11:59] Teravus Ousley: try to duplicate some of the bugs on mantis
[11:59] peavy ibanez: a back up would be nice to have
[11:59] Kurt Stringer: yes, I'd like to see more investigation on the link problems
[11:59] Justin Clark-Casey: Ken West: More than simply backing up the whole database?
[11:59] Teravus Ousley: report if you can duplicate them or not.
[12:00] You: Buoys & Gulls. Got that? Duplicate Mantisi. Capture exceptions from the region log. Importanto.
[12:00] Justin Clark-Casey: kurt: link issues are tricky and nasty
[12:00] Monk Zymurgy nods
[12:00] Teravus Ousley: Try patches on your own sims and let us know if they work
[12:00] Kurt Stringer: jcc: yes they are ;-)
[12:01] You: Thats why we pay you the big bucks, Kurt. To find these things.
[12:01] Ken West: yes Justin, like a way to back up the stuff in the db through the command lines
[12:01] Kurt Stringer: ck: lol
[12:01] Justin Clark-Casey: Ken West: are you talking as a grid operator or as a standalone sim operator?
[12:01] Enktan Gully: i need to go, i'll come back another time, cya folks :)
[12:01] Ken West: as a grid operator
[12:01] You: We officially made it through the hour and did not crash in the last little while.
[12:02] emma toobad: bye:))
[12:02] You: Bye, Enktan
[12:02] Justin Clark-Casey: charles: we pay him the big bucks to fix them ;)
[12:02] Ken West: woohoo!congrat to OSGRID!
[12:02] Justin Clark-Casey: charles: apart from the start :)
[12:02] You: Oh No. We just find-em. Thats a lot easier.
[12:02] Justin Clark-Casey: ken west: Is backing up the entire db not sufficient?
[12:02] Justin Clark-Casey notes everybody is gesturing very very slowly
[12:03] You: I declare the official meeting over and from here on, its a free-for-all.
[12:03] Cozmos Enzo: HOOORAHHH!
[12:03] Justin Clark-Casey applauds Chairman Charles
[12:03] sculpty_chair_with_sit: started
[12:03] Monk Zymurgy: hoo!
[12:03] Teravus Ousley: yes-ah!
[12:03] emma toobad: cool
[12:03] peavy ibanez: break out the water bong :)))
[12:03] Ken West: i think it should be more intuitive to layman users, so they can just do "load backed up data" and be able to load back their stuff
[12:03] Melanie Milland: lol
[12:03] You: <harumph>
[12:03] Justin Clark-Casey: ken west: unfortunately, I think that is something which is unlikel to happen in the future - there are too many issues to fix
[12:04] Ken West: but if we have more stuff to work on like the LSL and other issues, then I fully support fixing those first
[12:04] Justin Clark-Casey: ken: and to be honest, that functionality is really a db operation, not an opensim thing, in my opinion
[12:04] Teravus Ousley: hmm.. well Adam's 'Region serialization' looks promising. It might eventually be what gets used for that.
[12:05] Ken West: Justin: I agree!
[12:05] Cozmos Enzo: :)
[12:05] Ken West: if anyone is up for it, i think it would be very cool if we can extend the http script code and allow the website to be interactive
[12:06] Chris D: Phew! Stood up and shot 160m into the air :)
[12:06] Cozmos Enzo: whats up wit stuff deleting out of my inv?
[12:06] Melanie Milland: i believe region seriallization is the solution to many problems here
[12:06] Ken West: like the http web prim over there, i think it would be neat to be able to click on it and interact with it
[12:06] Justin Clark-Casey: inventory is unstable, probably a situation highlighted by our increasing load
[12:07] Monk Zymurgy: cozmos: try empty cache and relog
[12:07] Justin Clark-Casey: we do plan to try and stablize it in the coming period
[12:07] Cozmos Enzo: rofl
[12:07] Cozmos Enzo: alpha still.. ahh man
[12:07] Justin Clark-Casey: yes, as monk says, pleas edo try that - it appears we've recently starting caching folder sin some way
[12:07] Monk Zymurgy: ejector chairs..the sphere spits you out of tem :)
[12:08] Cozmos Enzo: :O
[12:08] Cozmos Enzo: o boy
[12:08] Teravus Ousley: make them phantom and they won't do that.. sculpties don't have a physics shape like you'd expect
[12:08] Justin Clark-Casey: you know, we really should put a big old alpha sign up somewhere
[12:08] Cozmos Enzo: :D
[12:09] Justin Clark-Casey: warning: everything may be lost at any moment!
[12:09] Cozmos Enzo: 237!
[12:09] Ken West: Charles, where are u planning to do the Sim Garden?
[12:09] Monk Zymurgy: oh yes..phantom it..but they are actualy cut/dimpled/hollowed spheres
[12:09] peavy ibanez: WARNING ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK
[12:09] Teravus Ousley: spheres don't cut, dimple or hollow right now
[12:09] Justin Clark-Casey: Abandon hope, all ye who log on here
[12:09] Teravus Ousley: (in the physics proxy
[12:09] peavy ibanez: ALL YOUR PRIMS ARE BELONG TO US :)
[12:09] Teravus Ousley: )
[12:09] Kurt Stringer: lol
[12:10] Monk Zymurgy: was more phun solid
[12:10] Teravus Ousley: heh
[12:11] Cozmos Enzo: :O
[12:11] Cozmos Enzo: no rotation!
[12:12] Cozmos Enzo: llTargetOmega(<0,0,1>,1,PI); <--- did not work
[12:12] Justin Clark-Casey: right, I'm going to make some dinner but I'm going to remain online so I can enjoy the sim crash when it comes
[12:12] Teravus Ousley: heh
[12:12] Cozmos Enzo: :D
[12:12] Cozmos Enzo: CRASH!
[12:13] Monk Zymurgy: yep..its seems unbreakable right now
[12:13] Cozmos Enzo: rofl what will happen?
[12:13] Cozmos Enzo: if the sim crashes?
[12:13] Justin Clark-Casey: cosmos: everybody will start sinking into the ground or floating up
[12:13] Justin Clark-Casey: strange beasts will appear
[12:13] Cozmos Enzo: :D
[12:13] Kurt Stringer: neb needs to start running again...
[12:13] Cozmos Enzo: D:
[12:13] Justin Clark-Casey: e erh
[12:13] Justin Clark-Casey: everybody will start speaking in tongues
[12:13] Ken West: ???? what's my name
[12:13] TARDIS type 43: Consulting Wikipedia...
[12:13] Cozmos Enzo: O_O
[12:13] TARDIS type 43: This just in ...
[12:13] TARDIS type 43: Wikip sez 'S is the nineteenth letter in the modern Latin alphabet. Its name in English is spelled ess or occasionally es, generally es- when part of a compound word, plural esses.' to ' ? what s my name'
[12:14] You: Isnt it still running?
[12:14] Justin Clark-Casey: and then the four horsemen of the apocalypse will ride in, and the blessed wll be swept up into the heavens
[12:14] Justin Clark-Casey: and there will be much gnashing of teeth
[12:14] TARDIS type 43: Ask a question with '???' to get a Wikipedia answer (maybe). Touch me to get the Wikipedia article used to provide the answer.
[12:14] Ken West: ???? what time is it
[12:14] TARDIS type 43: Consulting Wikipedia...
[12:14] Monk Zymurgy: lol..gnashing of teeth..for sure
[12:14] TARDIS type 43: This just in ...
[12:14] TARDIS type 43: Wikip sez 'Relative, apparent, and common time is any sensible and external measure (precise or imprecise) of duration by means of motion; such a measure - for example, an hour, a day, a month, a year - is commonly used instead of true time.' to ' ? what time is it'
[12:14] Lamont Helvetic: I like horses
[12:14] Cozmos Enzo: "GNASHING OF THE TEETH!!!"
[12:14] Cozmos Enzo: xD
[12:14] You: Everything that goes wrong today, blame daTwitch
[12:14] Kurt Stringer: hm, four horsemen - early metallica, nice
[12:14] Justin Clark-Casey: ping
[12:14] Justin Clark-Casey: lol
[12:14] TARDIS type 43: Ask a question with '???' to get a Wikipedia answer (maybe). Touch me to get the Wikipedia article used to provide the answer.
[12:15] Justin Clark-Casey otices an exception blast through on the region console
[12:15] Justin Clark-Casey: I wonder what that was
[12:15] Ken West: the wiki thing?
[12:15] Cozmos Enzo: CHEZ LE CHEEZE
[12:15] Cozmos Enzo: who knows icktoofay?
[12:15] Justin Clark-Casey: maybe. Some kind of stack overflow
[12:15] You: I got it , Justin
[12:16] peavy ibanez: trojan horse rides again
[12:16] Justin Clark-Casey: not stack, just an overflow
[12:16] Justin Clark-Casey: Charles: ah excellent = planning to mantis it?
[12:16] emma toobad: rl calls nice to meet u all see u soon:))
[12:16] Cozmos Enzo: hmm
[12:16] Ken West: ???? time
[12:16] Cozmos Enzo: how come my money is still loading? xD
[12:17] Monk Zymurgy: cya..i am gonna go off too..great to see you all :)
[12:17] Ken West: ??? time
[12:17] Justin Clark-Casey: pong
[12:17] Justin Clark-Casey: bye folks
[12:17] Cozmos Enzo: im gonna pload many useless textures! :O
[12:17] peavy ibanez: :)
[12:17] Melanie Milland: you don't have any money :P
[12:17] Cozmos Enzo: ..hmmm
[12:17] Cozmos Enzo: is
[12:20] Cozmos Enzo: Loading.... < Zero?
[12:20] Cozmos Enzo: Loading.... < Zero?
[12:20] Cozmos Enzo: Loading.... < Zero?
[12:20] Cozmos Enzo: there
[12:20] Cozmos Enzo: sim crash?
[12:20] Cozmos Enzo: damn
[12:20] peavy ibanez: .
[12:20] Cozmos Enzo: i see no text
[12:20] peavy ibanez: .
[12:20] Cozmos Enzo: Loading.... < Zero?
[12:20] Cozmos Enzo: there
[12:20] Justin Clark-Casey: pong
[12:20] Justin Clark-Casey: bang
[12:20] Cozmos Enzo: sim crash?
[12:20] Cozmos Enzo: damn
[12:20] peavy ibanez: .
[12:20] Justin Clark-Casey: pong
[12:20] Cozmos Enzo: i see no text
[12:20] Cozmos Enzo: there
[12:20] Justin Clark-Casey: bang
[12:20] Cozmos Enzo: sim crash?
[12:20] Cozmos Enzo: damn
[12:20] peavy ibanez: .
[12:20] Justin Clark-Casey: pong
[12:20] Cozmos Enzo: sim frames below 20
[12:20] Cozmos Enzo: i see no text
[12:20] Justin Clark-Casey: bang
[12:20] Justin Clark-Casey: pong
[12:20] Cozmos Enzo: :O
[12:20] Cozmos Enzo: there
[12:20] peavy ibanez: .
[12:20] Justin Clark-Casey: bang
[12:20] Cozmos Enzo: sim crash?
[12:20] Cozmos Enzo: sim frames below 20
[12:20] TARDIS type 43: No gURL present
[12:20] TARDIS type 43: No gURL present
[12:20] Cozmos Enzo: sim frames below 20
[12:20] Cozmos Enzo: sim frames below 20
[12:20] Cozmos Enzo: :O
[12:20] You: exception captured as Mantis#975
[12:20] Cozmos Enzo: damn
[12:20] Cozmos Enzo: i see no text
[12:20] Cozmos Enzo: :O
[12:20] Cozmos Enzo: :O
[12:20] Teravus Ousley: wow!
[12:20] Melanie Milland: what a freeze
[12:20] You: That was fun
[12:20] You: Do it again, Daddy.
[12:21] Justin Clark-Casey: ois
[12:21] Justin Clark-Casey: wow , still here
[12:21] You: looks like it.
[12:21] You: Fun stuff. Very resilient software.
[12:21] Justin Clark-Casey: we're going to have to do something about tha tsometime, otherwise we'll be too vulnerable
[12:21] You: What is it do you suppose?
[12:22] Mircea Kitsune: hello
[12:22] Teravus Ousley: Hello Ms Kitsune
[12:22] You: Maybe we need to move our IRC in here sometime, for certain times.
[12:22] Justin Clark-Casey: We know that on regions with many prims (like this one), dropping an object with lots of prim causes a big physics delay
[12:22] Justin Clark-Casey: without physics, there is still a big update delay, though I think it is a couple of orders of magnitude smaller
[12:22] You: We could put the opensim core channel in the Gorean dungeon?
[12:22] Teravus Ousley: yes, a couple of orders of magnitude smaller is an understatement
[12:23] Justin Clark-Casey: :)
[12:23] Justin Clark-Casey: we could allow limiting of objects with more than n prims....
[12:23] Justin Clark-Casey: not sure if that's workable or not
Personal tools
About This Wiki