Chat log from the meeting on 2014-03-04

From OpenSimulator

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
(Created page with "<pre style="white-space: pre-wrap; white-space: -moz-pre-wrap; white-space: -pre-wrap; white-space: -o-pre-wrap; word-wrap: break-word"> [11:02] Justin Clark-Casey is online...")
 
m
 
Line 1: Line 1:
<pre style="white-space: pre-wrap;
+
<pre>
white-space: -moz-pre-wrap;
+
white-space: -pre-wrap;
+
white-space: -o-pre-wrap;
+
word-wrap: break-word">
+
 
[11:02] Justin Clark-Casey is online.
 
[11:02] Justin Clark-Casey is online.
 
[11:02] Justin Clark-Casey entered the region (25.94 m).
 
[11:02] Justin Clark-Casey entered the region (25.94 m).
Line 384: Line 380:
 
[12:00] dan banner: yes
 
[12:00] dan banner: yes
 
</pre>
 
</pre>
 +
 +
 +
 +
[[Category:Office Hour Logs]]

Latest revision as of 14:21, 25 October 2015

[11:02] Justin Clark-Casey is online.
[11:02] Justin Clark-Casey entered the region (25.94 m).
[11:02] Rosa Munro entered the region (132.51 m).
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: hello Pathfinder
[11:02] Cheops Forlife7 is offline.
[11:02] Pathfinder.Lester @pathlandia.dlinkddns.com:9000: hiya Neb :)
[11:02] Andrew Hellershanks entered the region (25.94 m).
[11:03] dan banner: hey justin
[11:03] Justin Clark-Casey: hi dan, folks
[11:03] Teebee Sewell entered the region (7.20 m).
[11:04] Richardus Raymaker: hi justin
[11:04] Andrew Hellershanks: Hello, Justin. Hello, everyone
[11:04] Kayaker Magic entered the region (25.95 m).
[11:04] Richardus Raymaker: hi andrew
[11:05] Nebadon Izumi: hello everyone
[11:05] Andrew Hellershanks: Is core groups 100% equivalent to flotsam groups?
[11:05] Sarah Kline is online.
[11:05] Sarah Kline entered the region (25.95 m).
[11:05] Nebadon Izumi: for those just arriving I am stuck on a conference call for a little bit longer
[11:05] Justin Clark-Casey: I don't know, I've not looked at it much at all
[11:05] Andrew Hellershanks: in terms of functions.
[11:05] Andrew Hellershanks: ok.
[11:05] Justin Clark-Casey: I believe it is? Maybe a bit more?
[11:05] Nebadon Izumi: so my attention is divided at the moment, hopefully I won't be much longer, but I am paying attention the best I can
[11:05] Justin Clark-Casey: ok neb
[11:06] Andrew Hellershanks: Justin, ok, ty.
[11:06] Veleda Lorakeet is online.
[11:06] Kayaker Magic: Justin! I want to say THANK YOU for fixing move-a-seated-avatar!
[11:06] FRANK MARTINEZ is online.
[11:06] nathan marck entered the region (25.94 m).
[11:06] Justin Clark-Casey: kayaker: yeah, freaky did all the hard work - I just made some fussy adjustments
[11:06] Justin Clark-Casey: more fixes to come, in particular the issue with not being able to move more than 0.05 atm
[11:07] Vivian Klees entered the region (25.95 m).
[11:07] Cuteulala Artis entered the region (26.20 m).
[11:07] Justin Clark-Casey: and I put in regression tests, though I don't think anybody cares about that other than me :)
[11:07] Richardus Raymaker: still waiting on soem var fixes.. not ready anything about its implemented already.
[11:08] Susana Crystal entered the region (122.23 m).
[11:08] Dev Random left the region.
[11:08] Dev Random entered the region (25.97 m).
[11:08] Mata Hari is online.
[11:09] ilona Westlife entered the region (25.95 m).
[11:09] dan banner: this land setting bug seems to be getting problematic for several users
[11:09] Mata Hari entered the region (26.19 m).
[11:09] Justin Clark-Casey: yes, on my list - unfortunately so are many other things atm :)
[11:09] Richardus Raymaker: what bug dan ?
[11:09] Francesco.Siciliano @craft-world.org:8002 entered the region (136.09 m).
[11:09] Justin Clark-Casey: afaik nobody has mentioned it to radams yet?
[11:09] Justin Clark-Casey: he not being around right now
[11:10] Susana Crystal left the region.
[11:10] dan banner: http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=7035
[11:10] dan banner: robert i think is busy working with melanie to merge some more stuff
[11:10] Richardus Raymaker: not dooing much with opensim. , cant. as long terrain edit and loading on var is slow.
[11:11] zodiak lefey entered the region (26.16 m).
[11:11] Francesco.Siciliano @craft-world.org:8002 left the region.
[11:11] ilona Westlife left the region.
[11:11] Justin Clark-Casey: I hope it's not another merge that's going to bring in a load of new bugs
[11:11] Richardus Raymaker: ok, thats one
[11:11] Nebadon Izumi: Justin I dont think it is
[11:11] Nebadon Izumi: its physics stuff
[11:11] Justin Clark-Casey: physics is a fertile ground for bugs if it's going to be changes in ODE done by unknown people
[11:11] Sarah Kline is offline.
[11:11] Sarah Kline left the region.
[11:12] Nebadon Izumi: I am not sure anyone is touching ODE
[11:12] Nebadon Izumi: it will be BulletSim stuff I think they are doing
[11:12] Nebadon Izumi: I think melanies merge is complete
[11:12] Richardus Raymaker: not useing ode on 0.8
[11:12] Nebadon Izumi: I think Robert is working with Melanie to understand how to make it work with bulletsim
[11:12] Rosa Munro left the region.
[11:13] Richardus Raymaker: aha. he where working onm soem stuff with someone yes
[11:13] Hammill Enterk entered the region (95.03 m).
[11:13] zodiak lefey left the region.
[11:13] Lani Global is online.
[11:13] Sarah Kline is online.
[11:13] Sarah Kline entered the region (25.95 m).
[11:14] Rosa Munro entered the region (157.41 m).
[11:14] dan banner: i suspect 7035 is a result of var code creating a new parcel that overrides existing parcels
[11:14] vegaslon plutonian: think they are actuall working to bring avination and core into alignment so easier to interchange features
[11:14] Justin Clark-Casey: depends how consistent it is - sounds like a race condition (though I haven't been able to look yet)
[11:15] Rosa Munro left the region.
[11:15] Foxx Bode is offline.
[11:15] Nebadon Izumi: ah ya I have been getting asked by a bunch of folks about that one
[11:15] dan banner: ive only heard of it affecting windows PC
[11:16] Justin Clark-Casey: core should always be primary
[11:16] Nebadon Izumi: seems to be effecting a lot of people, I have not experienced it yet myse
[11:16] Foxx Bode is online.
[11:16] Nebadon Izumi: myself*
[11:16] dan banner: i have not seen it happen to any of our plazas
[11:16] Justin Clark-Casey: must always be primary
[11:16] Justin Clark-Casey: it would be very surprising if it were windows only
[11:16] dan banner: ya
[11:16] Nebadon Izumi: I dont think it is
[11:17] Mata Hari: happened yesterday on one of Ken's sims when he had to reboot his router....pretty sure he is all Windows
[11:17] Nebadon Izumi: hmm ok well ya that would be interesting if it was windows only
[11:17] Justin Clark-Casey: it's not going to be windows only, I guarantee it
[11:17] vegaslon plutonian: happens to lani too and that is linux
[11:17] dan banner: ya i dont see how it could be connected to only windows
[11:17] dan banner: ahh ok
[11:18] Justin Clark-Casey: do you have any idea if there's a set of steps to repro this issue every time or does it only happen sometimes?
[11:19] dan banner: i have not experienced it myself
[11:19] Mata Hari: nor have I
[11:19] Dahlia Trimble entered the region (25.96 m).
[11:20] Justin Clark-Casey: somebody in the commit says occasional. having a quick look in the range of commits indicated. It's about a months worth
[11:20] Dahlia Trimble: hi :)
[11:20] Susannah Avonside entered the region (139.65 m).
[11:20] Vivian Klees: hi dahlia
[11:21] Richardus Raymaker: hi viv, dahlia
[11:21] Lani Global is offline.
[11:21] Mata Hari: Ken's usually pretty thorough about reporting bugs as he encounters then so I suspect he would have added to that mantis if he's seen it before in his regions
[11:21] Mata Hari: *them
[11:22] dan banner: ya a month sounds about right
[11:22] Mata Hari: (it was a region/parcel with someone other than Ken as the owner/manager so that might be a contributing factor
[11:22] dan banner: when var code was merged
[11:22] Justin Clark-Casey: hmm. no land module stuff exlpicitly stated, terrain changes instead
[11:22] Hammill Enterk left the region.
[11:25] Francesco.Siciliano @craft-world.org:8002 entered the region (136.09 m).
[11:25] Vivian Klees: .
[11:25] Juicy Babii entered the region (25.97 m).
[11:25] Francesco.Siciliano @craft-world.org:8002 left the region.
[11:25] Justin Clark-Casey: yeah, no obvious commits to the land module stuff recently that I would immediately suspect. Will requires a deeper look
[11:26] Susannah Avonside left the region.
[11:27] Richardus Raymaker: and the changes to make it work with var regions ?
[11:27] Justin Clark-Casey: they don't really hit the land module. Something is going awry but it's not obvious
[11:28] Justin Clark-Casey: I will look when I can, which should be soon
[11:28] dan banner: thanks justin
[11:28] Justin Clark-Casey: man, I hate race conditions :)
[11:29] Dahlia Trimble: too much racing around?
[11:29] Mata Hari: I thought that was one of the most popular sports in the USA"
[11:29] Juicy Babii: hate when debugging the race condition makes it stop happening
[11:29] Justin Clark-Casey: certainly a lot of racing generates a load of crashes
[11:29] posh prim is online.
[11:30] Richardus Raymaker: grin
[11:30] Nebadon Izumi calls the National Transportation Safety Board for help!
[11:30] Teebee Sewell left the region.
[11:30] Mata Hari: lol
[11:30] Nebadon Izumi: finally off my other meeting
[11:30] Justin Clark-Casey: interesting that Clinton reports a new parcel being in the db table and everything was fixed when he deleted it
[11:30] Dahlia Trimble: National Hot Rod Association?
[11:30] dan banner: ya i think thats the best clue
[11:31] Justin Clark-Casey: yeah, I see you put the sql query in the bug report - pity nobody ran that and reported results
[11:31] Justin Clark-Casey: or even "land show" might do it... or that might just report the extraneous region wide parcel (if that's what is happening)
[11:32] Mata Hari: what are the chances of finding time to look at HG friends issues or is that something that needs to wait for Diva to have some spare time?
[11:32] Dahlia Trimble: she or melanie are probably most familiar with how it works
[11:33] Justin Clark-Casey: pretty low for me, there are so many other issues atm. If anybody sees her on IRC may be worth mentiong it - she has been around a bit
[11:34] Juicy Babii: happy to report an appearance/asset/transfer/packet-size+reassembly bug is fixed in latest libopenmetaverse. No more dwarf avvies with smashed-in faces.
[11:34] Justin Clark-Casey: cool
[11:35] Mata Hari: is there any interaction between the viewer and the region during the "calculate weights and fees" step of mesh upload or is that entirely client-side?
[11:37] Pathfinder.Lester @pathlandia.dlinkddns.com:9000: I recently discovered the NAT loopback router requirement for running an Opensim server on a home network if you want to be able to log into it from other computers on your local network. I dug around and read that this might be something that would change in the future with Opensim. Is anyone working on this, or is the solution still "buy a router that can do NAT loopback" ?
[11:37] Nebadon Izumi: the viewer does send information to the simulator during that phase
[11:37] Nebadon Izumi: opensimulator ignores it
[11:37] FRANK MARTINEZ is offline.
[11:37] Nebadon Izumi: its a totally useless step for opensimulator unfortunately
[11:37] Mata Hari: kk...in that case I think there is a bug lurking in that process since sometimes my viewer will hang during that stop and can't be stopped without restarting the viewer
[11:37] Justin Clark-Casey: pathfinder: No work is being done at present. I think I know one way around that but it's not simple to implement
[11:38] Justin Clark-Casey: others may have other thoughts on it
[11:38] Mata Hari: and the viewer crashes during the shot-down
[11:38] Nebadon Izumi: Mata Hari happens constantly to me
[11:38] Pathfinder.Lester @pathlandia.dlinkddns.com:9000: Gotcha. Thanks Justin.
[11:38] Richardus Raymaker: just buy a router with loopback support
[11:38] Nebadon Izumi: its a very common problem
[11:38] nathan marck: Pathfinder: If you're on linux you can use iptables or nftables to create a sort of "fake loopback"
[11:39] Mata Hari: yeah.....just wondering whether there is some response of some osrt that can be sent to stop it since it doesn't seem to happen to me in SL
[11:39] Nebadon Izumi: the TPV viewers do this step very differently than the Stock SL viewer does it
[11:39] Pathfinder.Lester @pathlandia.dlinkddns.com:9000: Thanks nathan
[11:39] Nebadon Izumi: SL uses havok libraries
[11:39] Nebadon Izumi: for the opensimulator viewers they are using opensource alternatives
[11:39] Nebadon Izumi: they are not nearly as stable as the havok stuff, nor as fast
[11:40] Mata Hari: seems to happen if you have multiple solid pieces that intersect
[11:40] Mata Hari: (or more likely to happen anywya)
[11:40] Nebadon Izumi: ya I have not really noticed any consistancy to the problem myself
[11:40] Justin Clark-Casey: yeah, this is the kind of thing where it's very likely a viewer issue than opensim
[11:41] Detection Beam: At 2014-03-04T19:41:01.7150640Z Aba KayDabra Arrived at OSgrid Welcome Station (68).50/95.00/6.00
[11:41] Mata Hari: kk
[11:41] Nebadon Izumi: hopefully in the future there are better methods for uploading mesh
[11:41] Mata Hari: it happens on more than one viewer, but they may all be using the same alternative
[11:41] Sarah Kline: intersecting faces are not a good thing anyway
[11:41] Detection Beam: At 2014-03-04T19:41:39.0590650Z John Temple1 Arrived at OSgrid Welcome Station (68).50/95.00/6.00
[11:41] Justin Clark-Casey: ultimatley I think there has to be some cost calculation option for this in opensim
[11:41] Richardus Raymaker: yes
[11:41] Mata Hari: yeah....it's more a matter of convenience
[11:42] Richardus Raymaker: now need to use SL beta for that
[11:42] Sarah Kline: I think that would be good
[11:42] Nebadon Izumi: it wouldnt hurt to support that option Justin
[11:42] Sarah Kline: stop everybody thinking gosh its only 1 prim!
[11:42] Richardus Raymaker: without that you get bad mesh in opensim thats way to heavy
[11:42] Richardus Raymaker: hi sarah
[11:42] Nebadon Izumi: however the LL "costs" are wildly innacurate and based soley on their own artificial limits to promote more server sales
[11:42] Justin Clark-Casey: isn't allowing ppl to upload arbitrarily complex stuff without any ability to constrain it a recipe for poor graphics performance?
[11:43] Cuteulala Artis is offline.
[11:43] Nebadon Izumi: it wouldnt have any effect on that
[11:43] Nebadon Izumi: its not that kind of cost
[11:43] Cuteulala Artis left the region.
[11:43] Sarah Kline: really?
[11:43] Nebadon Izumi: its literally monetary costs
[11:43] Simulator Version v0.5 shouts: OpenSim 0.8.0 Dev          31de7b8: 2014-03-03 23:35:21 +0000 (Unix/Mono)
[11:43] Justin Clark-Casey: ah, I see what you're saying
[11:43] Justin Clark-Casey: well, storage space still costs... but then I'm surprised the grids allowing free upload haven't run into more trouble
[11:43] Nebadon Izumi: how much L$ they are going to charge you
[11:44] Nebadon Izumi: it has to determine that before allowing the upload to proceed
[11:44] Nebadon Izumi: in SL that is
[11:44] Sarah Kline: I still think it encourages efficient meshes
[11:44] Nebadon Izumi: so while that may be useful for some grids, i think overall its not a huge benefit to the community
[11:44] Nebadon Izumi: if someone wanted to do it though and commit patches no reason not to allow for that
[11:45] Mata Hari: sure, though anything to reduce the size/amoutn of data that has to be sent is an advantage
[11:45] Justin Clark-Casey: yes, AliciaRaven was talking about that in irc a while back, I think
[11:45] Richardus Raymaker: i think its good. offcorse side effect is that people sometimes keep LOD to low with mesh in sl
[11:45] Nebadon Izumi: it would have no effect on that Mata
[11:45] Mata Hari: really?
[11:45] Justin Clark-Casey: well, one can thikn of other schemes instead of just charging currency
[11:45] Nebadon Izumi: those limits could be easily defeated
[11:46] Nebadon Izumi: by breaking your model into 4 or 5 peices
[11:46] Nebadon Izumi: and reassembling after upload
[11:46] Justin Clark-Casey: perhaps a user quota for uploads, just like the old MOOs or e-mail/cloud storage quotas
[11:46] Justin Clark-Casey: ok, that's not accurate - this would be more like a bandwidth cap
[11:46] Justin Clark-Casey: which I know aren't popular :)
[11:46] Nebadon Izumi: right i would say its benefit would only be to walled gardens
[11:46] Sarah Kline: I see what your saying...people will just ignore any guides and upload their 3D models anyway
[11:46] Nebadon Izumi: and not really something everyone would need
[11:46] Nebadon Izumi: exactly Sarah
[11:47] Nebadon Izumi: where there is a will there is a way
[11:47] Sarah Kline: sighs )
[11:47] Justin Clark-Casey: still, I think scene complexity is a real problem, esp. where there's no constraint on things like texture sizes
[11:47] Sheera.Khan @hypergrid.org:8002 entered the region (25.96 m).
[11:47] Nebadon Izumi: that would need to maybe be addressed on the viewer side of things
[11:48] Vivian Klees: guess they like showing the mesh wireframe than the creation
[11:48] Nebadon Izumi: if you want to see the definition of too many vertices
[11:48] Sheera.Khan @hypergrid.org:8002: Hi everyone :-)
[11:48] Nebadon Izumi: just visit Reticulation
[11:48] Sarah Kline: lol
[11:48] Justin Clark-Casey: hi sheera
[11:48] Justin Clark-Casey: ha
[11:48] Miguel Rotunno is offline.
[11:48] Nebadon Izumi: i probably have more vertices in that 1 region that you could put on 10 SL simulators
[11:49] Mata Hari: that's why normal mapping advanced mats is so handy....you can model at far higher poly count and then bake normals from that, then upload a much lower detail mesh
[11:49] Richardus Raymaker: and sofar i rememeber for some people in the past it where problematic
[11:49] Nebadon Izumi: ya very true Mata
[11:49] Richardus Raymaker: high poly is still many times problem
[11:50] Mata Hari: that's what I've been doing recently
[11:50] Nebadon Izumi: I dont like seeing arbitrary limits placed on content
[11:50] Nebadon Izumi: that should really be a grid policy
[11:50] Dahlia Trimble: vertex and triangle count are probably much more important for physics and animated meshes then for static meshes that are phantom or have a simple collider
[11:50] Cuteulala Artis is online.
[11:50] Cuteulala Artis entered the region (25.94 m).
[11:50] Nebadon Izumi is offline.
[11:50] Nebadon Izumi is online.
[11:51] Vivian Klees left the region.
[11:51] Vivian Klees entered the region (25.98 m).
[11:51] Nebadon Izumi: viewer poofed
[11:51] Sarah Kline is offline.
[11:51] Sarah Kline left the region.
[11:51] Mata Hari is offline.
[11:51] Pathfinder.Lester @pathlandia.dlinkddns.com:9000 is offline.
[11:51] dadix forever: I don't get it : why opensim to spend time and effort to implement anti-features ? Because in  3 years from now will need to be removed because technology will evolve
[11:51] Sarah Kline is online.
[11:51] Justin Clark-Casey: looks like it happened for 3 ppl at once?
[11:51] Sarah Kline entered the region (25.98 m).
[11:51] Mata Hari left the region.
[11:51] Pathfinder.Lester @pathlandia.dlinkddns.com:9000 left the region.
[11:51] Juicy Babii left the region.
[11:51] Dahlia Trimble: yay crash
[11:51] dan banner: several crashed
[11:51] dan banner: for some reason
[11:51] Mata Hari is online.
[11:51] Mata Hari entered the region (25.92 m).
[11:51] Nebadon Izumi: ya must of been some kind of packet loss or something
[11:51] Dahlia Trimble: a greifer?
[11:52] Sarah Kline: lol everybody that time
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: more likely just opensim acting up
[11:52] Freaky.Tech @freakytech.spdns.de:8002: guessing for race conditions ;)
[11:52] Juicy Babii entered the region (25.95 m).
[11:52] Justin Clark-Casey: nothing obviouslyi abnormal on the console
[11:52] Richardus Raymaker: call tow truck
[11:52] Dahlia Trimble: never seen opensim do that
[11:52] Justin Clark-Casey: first time I've seen that though
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: we had this happen a couple times at OSCC Load tests
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: if you recall
[11:52] Freaky.Tech @freakytech.spdns.de:8002: not the first time I encountered that
[11:52] Dahlia Trimble: Ive seen bad assets do it
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: thread hangs people eventually time out
[11:53] Freaky.Tech @freakytech.spdns.de:8002: but those were all sims of other people
[11:53] Nebadon Izumi: but not everyone
[11:53] Richardus Raymaker: if kokua crash, it never happens
[11:53] Justin Clark-Casey is offline.
[11:53] Justin Clark-Casey left the region.
[11:53] Dahlia Trimble: viewer wouldnt crash tho
[11:53] dan banner: oops
[11:53] Justin Clark-Casey is online.
[11:53] Justin Clark-Casey entered the region (25.95 m).
[11:53] Richardus Raymaker: cute steam starwars
[11:53] Richardus Raymaker: dahlia, it did here. windows told me
[11:53] Justin Clark-Casey: ok, then I just crashed
[11:53] Nebadon Izumi: welcome back Justin
[11:54] Nebadon Izumi: ya that was strange for sure
[11:54] Freaky.Tech @freakytech.spdns.de:8002: but what is interesting it is more affecting OSG users than HG users
[11:54] Justin Clark-Casey: simulator didn't log me out - it still thought my connection was valid
[11:54] Mata Hari: my viewer reported a crash as well
[11:54] Mimetic Core: same here
[11:54] Juicy Babii also just crashed
[11:54] Justin Clark-Casey: I would guess bad outgoing data that managed to hit a bug in the viewer
[11:54] Felipe V entered the region (138.47 m).
[11:54] nathan marck: No crash here..
[11:54] Justin Clark-Casey: which.. is not good
[11:54] Freaky.Tech @freakytech.spdns.de:8002: neither here
[11:54] Dahlia Trimble: my viewer crashed hard
[11:54] Justin Clark-Casey: wait for it :)
[11:54] Nebadon Izumi: ya same here, complete poofage
[11:54] dan banner closes his eyes
[11:54] Justin Clark-Casey: that's very curious
[11:55] Freaky.Tech @freakytech.spdns.de:8002: what viewer Justin?
[11:55] Dahlia Trimble suspects a bad asset on someone teleporting in
[11:55] Nebadon Izumi: Solar Flare, as Crinke would have said
[11:55] Sarah Kline: i did so earlier just said lost connection..this one was different
[11:55] Fred.Appleby @hg.viewtwo.net:8654: Only OSGrid users?
[11:55] Felipe V left the region.
[11:55] Justin Clark-Casey: fs 4.4.2
[11:55] nathan marck: I didn't crash fred, and I'm a OSGrid user
[11:55] Freaky.Tech @freakytech.spdns.de:8002: Fred I saw it mostly affecting OSG users
[11:55] Mimetic Core: maybe it's a specific viewer thing
[11:55] Justin Clark-Casey: all the crashers are on a range of different viewers, I think
[11:56] Mimetic Core: ok
[11:56] Mata Hari: I'm on FS 4.5.1
[11:56] dan banner: i think solar flare sums it up
[11:56] Justin Clark-Casey: that's really not good if some asset can crash a viewer though
[11:56] Fred.Appleby @hg.viewtwo.net:8654: Firestorm here
[11:56] Vivian Klees: Singularity
[11:56] Nebadon Izumi: lol dan
[11:56] dan banner: 4.6.1 here
[11:56] Freaky.Tech @freakytech.spdns.de:8002: actually I had people happened that with Singularity
[11:56] Dahlia Trimble: an antimatter particle :)
[11:56] Freaky.Tech @freakytech.spdns.de:8002: and Firestorm
[11:56] Sarah Kline: showoff
[11:56] Sarah Kline: )
[11:56] Mata Hari: on Friday the entire region crashed when someone tped in
[11:56] Justin Clark-Casey: there used to be a 'fox tail' which would crash the viewer if you touched it, I think
[11:56] Mata Hari: (at Doro's party0
[11:56] Freaky.Tech @freakytech.spdns.de:8002: probably it is related to the grid server too
[11:56] Nebadon Izumi: hhaha ya it was at 0,0,0
[11:56] Juicy Babii: wow
[11:56] Mata Hari: Aki has no idea at all what cause the crash
[11:57] Dahlia Trimble: somewhere in my SL inventory I have a prim skirt that overheats graphics cards
[11:57] Juicy Babii: and was just about to say how good sim performance seems to be
[11:57] Freaky.Tech @freakytech.spdns.de:8002: but still that issue kept affecting OSG users more easily than HG visitors
[11:57] Nebadon Izumi: I think considering how much content is here in Wright Plaza and how hard we push opensimulator here, it does quite well
[11:57] Mata Hari: is it sheer, Dahlia?
[11:57] dan banner: lol
[11:57] Nebadon Izumi: occasional poofing isnt that unusual, even in SL
[11:57] Mimetic Core: haha
[11:57] Reef Jewell entered the region (25.94 m).
[11:57] Dahlia Trimble: lol no not sheer
[11:58] Dahlia Trimble: it is quite short tho ;)
[11:58] dan banner: the sheer ones usually generate more heat
[11:58] Justin Clark-Casey: dan, I don't think yiou crashed. Any change you could pastebin the meeting transcript? I don't have it now unless I delve into my log directories
[11:58] Mimetic Core: less is more
[11:58] Nebadon Izumi: ya same here Justin
[11:58] Dahlia Trimble: it has 255 prims with a lot of special materials effects
[11:58] Reef Jewell left the region.
[11:58] dan banner: sure justin
[11:58] Nebadon Izumi: thanks Dan
[11:59] Richardus Raymaker: well, need to logout. next event now
[11:59] Justin Clark-Casey: interesting that only a proportion of us crashed though
[11:59] Justin Clark-Casey: but it wias still across various different viewers afaict
[11:59] Nebadon Izumi: ya I have seen this happen before
[11:59] Freaky.Tech @freakytech.spdns.de:8002: and all involved were OSG accounts
[11:59] Mata Hari: did anyone not using Firestorm crash?
[11:59] dan banner: we're going to have a load test at event plaza for any of you that can help out
[11:59] Sarah Kline: maybe just europeans?
[11:59] Richardus Raymaker: i crahsed with kokua
[11:59] Dahlia Trimble: me, singularity
[11:59] dan banner: mata i didnt crash
[11:59] Mimetic Core: i'm using singu and i crashed
[11:59] Juicy Babii: singularity crashed
[11:59] Nebadon Izumi: ya if you guys want feel like teleporting before you leave
[11:59] Nebadon Izumi: for a quick load test
[11:59] Richardus Raymaker: and i say crash because windows showed a dialog
[11:59] Freaky.Tech @freakytech.spdns.de:8002: singularity and not a single dime of crash
[11:59] Juicy Babii: sure
[11:59] nathan marck: To the people who DIDN'T crash: What OS where you running?
[12:00] Nebadon Izumi: "Event Plaza" right dan?
[12:00] Dahlia Trimble: load test where?
[12:00] dan banner: yes
Personal tools
General
About This Wiki