Chat log from the meeting on 2013-10-22

From OpenSimulator

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
(Created page with "<pre style="white-space: pre-wrap; white-space: -moz-pre-wrap; white-space: -pre-wrap; white-space: -o-pre-wrap; word-wrap: break-word"> [11:06] Andrew Hellershanks is online. ...")
 
m
 
Line 1: Line 1:
<pre style="white-space: pre-wrap;
+
<pre>
white-space: -moz-pre-wrap;
+
white-space: -pre-wrap;
+
white-space: -o-pre-wrap;
+
word-wrap: break-word">
+
 
[11:06] Andrew Hellershanks is online.
 
[11:06] Andrew Hellershanks is online.
 
[11:06] Richardus Raymaker: i saw
 
[11:06] Richardus Raymaker: i saw
Line 341: Line 337:
 
[12:13] Master Dubrovna: Yeah rebake never helps in this case
 
[12:13] Master Dubrovna: Yeah rebake never helps in this case
 
</pre>
 
</pre>
 +
 +
 +
[[Category:Office Hour Logs]]

Latest revision as of 20:55, 24 October 2015

[11:06] Andrew Hellershanks is online.
[11:06] Richardus Raymaker: i saw
[11:06] Nebadon Izumi: I just got this really insane laptop delivered im bringing with me
[11:06] Nebadon Izumi: its an ASUS Republic of Gamers
[11:07] Richardus Raymaker: will see, otherwise i need to mail
[11:07] Nebadon Izumi: i7
[11:07] Nebadon Izumi: 24gb ram
[11:07] Justin Clark-Casey: hi folks
[11:07] Nebadon Izumi: 780GTX 4gb
[11:07] Vivian Klees: which os?
[11:07] Richardus Raymaker: well, thats a nice opensim portable server
[11:07] Nebadon Izumi: Windows 8
[11:07] Nebadon Izumi: ya im going to be doing demo on it
[11:07] Richardus Raymaker: hi justin
[11:07] Vivian Klees: tanks!
[11:07] Nebadon Izumi: i wish i got to keep it
[11:07] Andrew Hellershanks: nebadon, I'll take your old one. My laptop died about 6 months past its extended warranty. :)
[11:07] Nebadon Izumi: its crazy, its gigantic though
[11:07] Richardus Raymaker: Crazy in price yes
[11:07] Nebadon Izumi: biggest "Laptop" i have ever seen
[11:08] Andrew Hellershanks: You need a bigger lap?
[11:08] Richardus Raymaker: only usefull laptop to. can you toast bread with it to ?? :)
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[11:08] Vivian Klees: more surface to burn your legs
[11:08] Andrew Hellershanks: hehe
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: i imagine the 780gtx is pretty optimized it probably doesnt get super hot
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: atleast with what im doing with it
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: i'll have it hooked up to a 40 inch LCD
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: showing off my city models
[11:11] Vivian Klees: .
[11:11] Justin Clark-Casey: so, any opensim topics today?
[11:11] Fred.Appleby @hg.viewtwo.net:8654: Are there any documented procedures for providing code patches, any Opensim specific requirements?
[11:12] Andrew Hellershanks: justin, I've been trying to upgrade my hard drives so I haven't mantised the perms issue yet or had time to test the fix.
[11:12] Andrew Hellershanks: Fred, try not to alter whitespace as it can cause issues with merging code for some people. :)
[11:12] Justin Clark-Casey: fred: http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Submitting_code_to_OpenSim
[11:13] Richardus Raymaker: Well robert not here. not sure if he comes. but ..
[11:13] Fred.Appleby @hg.viewtwo.net:8654: k
[11:13] Richardus Raymaker: justin for me with bullet the only thing to get things smooth again is to only change minframetime. besided other parameters i cant lower because 1 is lowest sofar i know
[11:14] Justin Clark-Casey: I haven't used Bulletsim enough to know whats going on there
[11:14] Dahlia Trimble is online.
[11:14] Richardus Raymaker: anyway, i think there's other problem. because the not smooth world moveing happens since 0.7.6 and i see it on other servers to
[11:15] Richardus Raymaker: but sofar only my avatar i dont see strange avatar weirdness
[11:16] Richardus Raymaker: suggestions to get it sooth without changing that parameter are welcome
[11:16] Justin Clark-Casey: I don't knwo what you mean by not smooth
[11:16] Richardus Raymaker: sooth = smooth
[11:16] Richardus Raymaker: Uhmm. other question appdomain true or false on linux ? i finaly turned it off because memory useage
[11:17] Vivian Klees: this region is on bullet Rich
[11:17] Richardus Raymaker: i tried to make video but dont think you see it good.
[11:17] Richardus Raymaker: well i made mantis. its a bit like in the past. but not
[11:17] Nebadon Izumi: There have been lots of reports of more memory being used
[11:17] Nebadon Izumi: and I have seen major CPU spikes with my racer
[11:17] Nebadon Izumi: like upwards of 200% of a quad core cpu
[11:17] Richardus Raymaker: you see the terrain below and around you (and prims) go normal speed, then faster, normal faster , etc.
[11:17] Nebadon Izumi: with 1 racer
[11:18] Justin Clark-Casey: setting appdomain = false on linux just means there is some leak of memory over time, particularly if scripts are being edited or people come in and out with scripted attachments
[11:18] Nebadon Izumi: these are well known issues that have been mantis'd and Robert is working on solutions
[11:18] Justin Clark-Casey: the amount of memory leaking is probably not a problem, though I dno't know what happens on regions with lots of ppl constantly changing scripts
[11:18] Richardus Raymaker: for now i keep it on false, but think CG not work nice then nebadon
[11:18] Nebadon Izumi: I am pretty confident he will find solutions soonish, though I dont want to speak for him on the matter, I know he is aware of these problems
[11:18] Dahlia Trimble: hi
[11:18] Nebadon Izumi: hello Dahlia
[11:19] Justin Clark-Casey: he is also started working on variable regions :)
[11:19] Justin Clark-Casey: hi dahlia
[11:19] Richardus Raymaker: let me try to explain the not smoot different. - is fine . is fast i see the world a bit like ---.---.---.---.
[11:19] Fred.Appleby @hg.viewtwo.net:8654: There have been several additions to Opensim base these past few months, including groups and Profiles, all will increase memory?
[11:19] Vivian Klees: which version of mono Rich?
[11:20] Justin Clark-Casey: there would be some increase with groups but shoudln't be significant
[11:20] Richardus Raymaker: .net on windows 8. not tried it on linux right now until i know more
[11:20] Justin Clark-Casey: and the increase would be on the robust service as it would no longer be a third party service
[11:20] Justin Clark-Casey: so really I guess no memory impact
[11:20] Richardus Raymaker: http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=6814
[11:20] Justin Clark-Casey: richardus: are your regions on osgrid?
[11:20] Richardus Raymaker: i found the old mantis back to that i have added. because its a bit the saem problem
[11:20] Richardus Raymaker: No
[11:21] Justin Clark-Casey: ok
[11:21] Richardus Raymaker: for now i dont test with standalone. but i see it on other grid to. also on sandbox plazza i can spot it. i asked snoopy but she run old version that explains why its smooth there to
[11:21] Richardus Raymaker: 0.7.5 is perfect. 0.7.6 and above is bad
[11:21] Richardus Raymaker: hi robert
[11:22] Robert Adams: hello all... late as usual
[11:22] Vivian Klees: wow the big guy does live
[11:22] Richardus Raymaker: I have question for you robert
[11:22] Justin Clark-Casey: hi robert
[11:22] Justin Clark-Casey: yes, to be honest I think I have noticed a reduction in smoothness of moving
[11:22] Robert Adams: I figured there'd by questions :)
[11:22] Justin Clark-Casey: from your video, i see it's not some major jerk but is noticeable
[11:22] Robert Adams: be
[11:23] Justin Clark-Casey: richardus: is this with ode on both?
[11:23] Dahlia Trimble: justin got a new avatar? :D
[11:23] Justin Clark-Casey: I was testing something once and have never bothered to take it off
[11:23] Dahlia Trimble: :P
[11:23] Richardus Raymaker: since 0.7.6 i have no smooth world movement when i fly or walk.  done more testing on standalone. and it seems the world movement get smooth when i only change minframeytime = 0.025. only dont know the impact of changeing only that number http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=6814
[11:23] Andrew Hellershanks: ha! I just figured out one small patch on the way to having "last login" show in the list of members in a group
[11:24] Robert Adams: I've noticed the slight flying acceleration also on my standalone system
[11:24] Richardus Raymaker: sofar only trired with bullet. but remember that i have seen it with ode to. i can try it quick if needed with ode
[11:24] Richardus Raymaker: ok.. lucky then am not alone. well others see it to
[11:25] Robert Adams: lowering MinFrameTime wil mean more updates sent to the viewer... could be just making the effect smaller so it is harder to see
[11:25] Justin Clark-Casey: richardus: would be good, though you will need to adjust your frame params again, otherwise ode will be jerk city
[11:25] Dahlia Trimble: updates get filtered
[11:25] Richardus Raymaker: aha.. but the main problem what i expect is soemwhere else.
[11:25] Justin Clark-Casey: I know before when I was playing with it things got really crazy
[11:25] Richardus Raymaker: Oh question. wich Revision or git version started 0.7.6 with ?
[11:26] Richardus Raymaker: i tried to trace is back but never found the switch from 0.7.5 to 0.7.6
[11:26] Dahlia Trimble: if velocity is constant, updates get filtered out
[11:26] Justin Clark-Casey: it was branched sometime back then a lot of cherry picking went on
[11:26] Robert Adams wondered if the dead reconning done by the viewer has some decay built in
[11:26] Dahlia Trimble: dont think so
[11:27] Dahlia Trimble: unless maybe some noise in the acceleration part of the update message
[11:27] Arielle Popstar: seemed to me more viewer related as when i updated sing to a new alpha, i didnt notice it anymore
[11:27] Richardus Raymaker: i do later some test with ode and orginal minframe numbers. and then with my ones. and drop that on the mantis
[11:27] Robert Adams: I think BulletSim always sends zero for 'acceleration'
[11:27] Arielle Popstar: unless a different issue that looked similar
[11:28] Dahlia Trimble: the velocity filter assumes an accurate timebase in the sim
[11:28] Richardus Raymaker: hmm, but i still see the acceleration. it just feels like some frame are misisng and it get compensated by the acceleration
[11:29] Justin Clark-Casey: some values are not plumbed in at all - ODE is the same
[11:30] Richardus Raymaker: Sorry. i have not tried ode right now. i mean if acceleration is not send its still visible with bullet. and sofar i know with ode to. bt that i test later
[11:30] Dahlia Trimble: ya if the value sent tothe viewer isnt zero, may be a problem
[11:30] Richardus Raymaker: AArielle. its not viewer. tried singularity , kokua, Firestorm the all have it
[11:30] Arielle Popstar: nod
[11:31] Richardus Raymaker: my standalone have 1 empty region and to compare 1 with a few 1000 prims
[11:31] Robert Adams: the viewer does the smooth change to move things from the viewers location to the updated location from the simulator... like if the update position from the simulator was a little ahead of the flying avatar's position, the avatar would look like it accelerated a little to get up to the update position
[11:31] Justin Clark-Casey: yes. We had this problem with ODE quite a while back until I fiddled with the numbers to get things to match properly
[11:32] Richardus Raymaker: Ok. and why seems that get fixt with sending more info to the viewer ?
[11:32] Richardus Raymaker: Am happy i found my old mantis back to. because the problems are a bit the same.
[11:32] Justin Clark-Casey: yes, that's the approach I tried first but Dahlia was very unhappy with it
[11:33] Simulator Version v0.5 shouts: OpenSim 0.8.0 Dev          84a149e: 2013-10-18 14:30:05 -0500 (Unix/Mono)
[11:33] Justin Clark-Casey: if you turn on avatar updates you can see how many are coming through. I think more come through if positions are mismtached
[11:33] Dahlia Trimble: could look at the updates sent to the viewer with a tool like WinGridProxy and see if they coorelate with the jittering
[11:33] Richardus Raymaker: Ok. that i need to figure out.. :O
[11:33] Dahlia Trimble: I think singularity has a packet inspector thing too
[11:34] Richardus Raymaker: justin. do you know the git number of the 0.7.5 release ?
[11:34] Justin Clark-Casey: no
[11:34] Justin Clark-Casey: but it won't correspond with git master since the branching happens some time before the releas eitself
[11:34] Arielle Popstar: at what point did you change the default physics?
[11:35] Justin Clark-Casey: beginning of last week afair
[11:35] Arielle Popstar: thats now on the stable release?
[11:35] Justin Clark-Casey: er, no
[11:35] Arielle Popstar: ok
[11:35] Richardus Raymaker: ok. well. i tried to find at wich point thing did go wrong. but never found a good version and i did go back to 0.7.5 i think. still the 0.7.5 source code from the wiki is smooth
[11:35] Andrew Hellershanks: Richardus, the hash for the latest 075PF is bfaa24f02d49551b31d4b261b8a2da85d2400726
[11:36] Richardus Raymaker: ok. then i can see / try to find a version when things changed
[11:36] Richardus Raymaker: or try it again..
[11:36] Justin Clark-Casey: using git bisect would help with that
[11:37] Fred.Appleby @hg.viewtwo.net:8654: What is the minimum mono release that corresponds to dotnet 4?
[11:37] Richardus Raymaker: uhh hehe. im just good used to normal git it to disk and get the rihght git version
[11:37] Justin Clark-Casey: 2.8, but realistically we are talking 2.10
[11:37] Justin Clark-Casey: 2.8 was very buggy
[11:37] Fred.Appleby @hg.viewtwo.net:8654: kk
[11:38] Richardus Raymaker: so robert. you have right no idea what can be the real problem ?
[11:39] Robert Adams: my mind is on stomping the CPU usage problem
[11:39] Richardus Raymaker: maby a good hint, you get a bit the same effect i think when prims are loading and displayed on the screen. but thats weak description
[11:39] Robert Adams: the smooth flying problem seems like a tuning issue
[11:39] Justin Clark-Casey: I think the video you posted describes it just fine
[11:39] Justin Clark-Casey: I did just watch it
[11:39] Dahlia Trimble: the velocity filter can cause jittery flight if the computer the sim is running on has a poor time base
[11:39] Richardus Raymaker: not seen weird cpu. only today for first time really hugh memory useage on 1 region with mono 3.2.3
[11:40] Richardus Raymaker: ok.. thanks justin. video says more then words
[11:40] Robert Adams: I am thinking of changing the BulletSim default terrain implemtnation back to the Bullet heightmap
[11:40] Richardus Raymaker: Gahlia, thats possible then 60% of the opensim users at leasy
[11:41] Richardus Raymaker: i need to check roberts sim here. if i see it
[11:41] Robert Adams: I origionally did the mesh terrain to try and make vehicles work better but it seems to, in the long run, be more trouble than its worth
[11:41] Fred.Appleby @hg.viewtwo.net:8654: I was asked to ask.. what is the reasoning behind IAR having password protection?
[11:41] Justin Clark-Casey: you think that could be the trigger for high cpu?
[11:41] Richardus Raymaker: Robert, let me know when you changed it. then i can try that version as standalone
[11:41] Dahlia Trimble: the velocity filter has been in core for some time now
[11:41] Dahlia Trimble: at least a year, maybe longer
[11:41] Robert Adams: no, the terrain is not the high CPU problem
[11:42] Robert Adams: I have several oars the have thousands of prims in them... some of the oars max the cpu and some do not
[11:42] After Life is offline.
[11:42] Richardus Raymaker: Fred, because without password you could copy everybody's inventory
[11:42] Justin Clark-Casey: fred: open grids like osgrid where all servers need to be able to access the central inventory service
[11:42] Arielle Popstar: is there any documentation as to what will need to be changed script wise to accoiunt for the change to bulletsim?
[11:42] Robert Adams: doing a bisect to find what is causing BulletSim to freak out
[11:43] Fred.Appleby @hg.viewtwo.net:8654: thanks jcc
[11:44] Fred.Appleby @hg.viewtwo.net:8654: It was pointed out that as the IAR is a console access function, then the users password could be reset anyway
[11:44] Richardus Raymaker: i run bulletsim on my 11 regions. and sofr it works. but as soon i can move smooth i want to go to dev. because there are some otehr bugs in 0.7.6 llisten that not work on chat channel. teleport home that sometime snot drop you home. sofar not found much more
[11:45] Justin Clark-Casey: fred: you could only reset pw like that o na standalone. On a grid you need access to the robust console
[11:45] Fred.Appleby @hg.viewtwo.net:8654: ah, understand
[11:45] Dahlia Trimble: flying here in wright plaza is very smooth for me
[11:46] Richardus Raymaker: well, there to many prims here to spot the problem. because the rezzing. sandbox plaza is pretty smooth but i see it there at times to
[11:46] Justin Clark-Casey: well, jerkiness could also be due to other factors, such as a very high number of garbage-collects due to high memory turnover
[11:46] Dahlia Trimble: or network lag
[11:46] Justin Clark-Casey: at least in 2.10, those can certainly cause rubberbanding, though GC has evolved considerably in mono 3.2.*
[11:47] Justin Clark-Casey: yes, and stuff like network lag
[11:47] Dahlia Trimble: or rendering issues
[11:47] Justin Clark-Casey: and just the simulator getting busy because of lots of byuilding
[11:47] Richardus Raymaker: well on windows with my empty standalone on system that have always around 10GB free. sounds not the problem
[11:47] Justin Clark-Casey: I know rezzing, for instance, can be a big CPU hog
[11:47] Arielle Popstar: those reasons arent usually consistenty
[11:47] Richardus Raymaker: yes. i know rezzing the world gives jerkiness.. but thats seperate from smooth moveing
[11:49] Richardus Raymaker: also i get the idea sometimes. that a full world sometimes moves more smooth. but hard to test (because always rezzing)
[11:49] Justin Clark-Casey: so, ppl been suffering teleport issues with 0.7.6 and recent master?
[11:50] Arielle Popstar: i have seen issues on my own grid
[11:50] Richardus Raymaker: hmm, if you talk about cant TP to region. but if you TP first to plaza or otehr region then it works..
[11:50] Dahlia Trimble: I havent seen any teleport issues, teleports are never perfect but seem better than in the past
[11:50] Arielle Popstar: something in a region instance goes silently wonky and then tp's no longer work
[11:50] Richardus Raymaker: not teleported enough. TP can be bumpy anyway
[11:50] Arielle Popstar: have to restart the region
[11:51] Arielle Popstar: windows server
[11:52] Justin Clark-Casey: unfortunately, all this is too vague atm
[11:52] Robert Adams: not to say that flying smoothness is not an issue, I think it is way down on the list of things the devs need to fix
[11:53] Arielle Popstar: it is one of those highly visible things
[11:53] Richardus Raymaker: i hope anyway i can move smooth soon. or i try the lower setting until then.
[11:54] Arielle Popstar: what are the top things tyhat devs need to look at fixing Robert?
[11:54] Richardus Raymaker: dangerous question arielle :)
[11:55] Justin Clark-Casey: why dangerous?
[11:55] Arielle Popstar: :)
[11:55] Richardus Raymaker: before you know it you have a list from here to new york
[11:55] Justin Clark-Casey: we already have such a list
[11:55] Arielle Popstar: i wouldnt think so
[11:55] Arielle Popstar: I think opensim works remarkably well
[11:56] Dahlia Trimble: me too considering....
[11:56] Dahlia Trimble: ;)
[11:56] Arielle Popstar: have a link to the list Justin?
[11:56] Justin Clark-Casey: from all the issues that are brough up that rather surprises me
[11:56] Richardus Raymaker: For me the not smooth world is the biggest stopper. thats all. other problems are small compared with moveing
[11:56] Justin Clark-Casey: http://opensimulator.org/mantis
[11:57] Richardus Raymaker: well opensim works good. that need to be sayed
[11:57] Arielle Popstar: mantis is for what reporters think are issues....what do the devs think?
[11:57] Dahlia Trimble: depends on the dev :)
[11:57] Richardus Raymaker: i only use mantis if that are (almost) bugs.
[11:57] Arielle Popstar: true enough
[11:58] Arielle Popstar: but thinking Justin must have an idea of what he would like to focus on
[11:58] Arielle Popstar: as well as Robert
[11:58] Justin Clark-Casey: There are a million things and it would exhausting to enumerate them all
[11:58] Justin Clark-Casey: I would be more interested in what robert thinks
[11:58] Pathfinder.Lester @pathlandia.dlinkddns.com:9000: The recent uptick in the *rate* of improvement is what impresses me most with 0.7.6 (all the things that were fixed in preparation for the OSCC)
[11:59] Arielle Popstar: well what would you like fixed for this next release?
[11:59] Justin Clark-Casey: pathfinder: I think we're feeling the hangover from that now :)
[11:59] Robert Wood21: wow so many peeps in osgrid cool
[11:59] Pathfinder.Lester @pathlandia.dlinkddns.com:9000: lol
[11:59] Robert Wood21: hello all
[11:59] Robert Wood21: how u been
[11:59] Arielle Popstar: :)
[11:59] Andrew Hellershanks: Robert, This is the weekly OpenSim developers meeting but you are welcome to sit in.
[12:00] Robert Wood21: wow i can see developers here
[12:00] Robert Wood21: cool
[12:00] Justin Clark-Casey: arielle: teleport issues, stats monitoring, deduping asset store, script engine improvements, etc., etc.
[12:00] Dahlia Trimble: elaborating on prioritues would imply a commitment which is not something that can be easily stated without a lot of consideration
[12:00] Pathfinder.Lester @pathlandia.dlinkddns.com:9000: Robert, you can learn more about this weekly meeting here: http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Office_hours
[12:00] Robert Wood21: thanks
[12:00] Dahlia Trimble: and priorities bend and flow with the mood of the community
[12:00] Robert Wood21: its honor to be part of this meeting
[12:00] Arielle Popstar: yes Dahlia that is what i asssume to be the reason for hesitating the actual listing
[12:00] Andrew Hellershanks: Dahlia, my priorities are those things that I run across in a grid that I want to see get fixed.
[12:01] Cuteulala Artis is offline.
[12:01] Robert Wood21: i wud like to ask a question if its allowed
[12:01] Arielle Popstar: .7.6 was unique in its having a goal
[12:01] Justin Clark-Casey: it didn't have a goal
[12:01] Andrew Hellershanks: Having last login in a separate table from both useraccounts and the group tables is a minor pain it I'm going to return the last login time as part of group membership data.
[12:01] Justin Clark-Casey: robert: sure
[12:02] Dahlia Trimble: I think the conference was a goal, not 7.6
[12:02] Andrew Hellershanks: The goal was to support the conference.
[12:02] Arielle Popstar: i disagree Justin. It had the goal to be able to support the conference
[12:02] Justin Clark-Casey: no it didn't, dahlia is right
[12:02] Dahlia Trimble: 7.6 just happened to benefit from the conference
[12:02] Richardus Raymaker: about 0.7.6. am curious if there's not a need at soem point for bandage 0.7.7 version ?
[12:02] Robert Wood21: my gf trouble getting tp to her region coz her 9000 port is closed by ISP ,so is there any other solution rather than opening port ?
[12:02] Arielle Popstar: splitting hairs :)
[12:03] Justin Clark-Casey: robert: change the port number in config
[12:03] Justin Clark-Casey: arielle: no, but suit yourself
[12:03] Dahlia Trimble: Robert, try another port
[12:03] Robert Wood21: which one i shuld prefer sir?
[12:03] Dahlia Trimble: whatever you can open :)
[12:03] Richardus Raymaker: one thats open robert
[12:04] Robert Wood21: cool
[12:04] Robert Wood21: i;ll try with it now
[12:04] Arielle Popstar: change it in opensim.ini http_listener_server and the region.ini
[12:04] Robert Wood21: ty vm :)
[12:04] Robert Wood21: alright
[12:04] Arielle Popstar: and open the new port in the firewall/router
[12:05] Robert Wood21: and how do i know whch port is open ?
[12:05] Arielle Popstar: it is only opened on your end
[12:05] Arielle Popstar: so you are in control
[12:05] Dahlia Trimble: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_TCP_and_UDP_port_numbers
[12:06] Robert Wood21: can i try port scanner to check which port is open?
[12:06] Justin Clark-Casey: robert: you'll have to experiment, unles the ISP will tell you
[12:06] Robert Wood21: ok :)
[12:06] Arielle Popstar: you need to manually open a port in your router
[12:06] Justin Clark-Casey: robert: in theory, though you woule need some program on the other end klistening to all ports
[12:06] Robert Adams: try a high port number (if they don't have everything blocked) 22345
[12:06] Robert Wood21: ok got it
[12:06] Justin Clark-Casey: arielle: if you read back, you will see that the problem is that the isp is blocking 9000
[12:06] Robert Wood21: true
[12:06] Dahlia Trimble: sometimes ISPs dont like you running server software so the close ports
[12:06] Dahlia Trimble: *so they
[12:07] Robert Wood21: why wud they
[12:07] Robert Wood21: i'm paying for internet lol
[12:07] Richardus Raymaker: Robert Adams , keep me uptodate if you change something that can improve smooth moveing.
[12:07] Arielle Popstar: if he picks a new port Justin he will need to open the port
[12:07] Robert Adams: will do Richardus
[12:07] Master Dubrovna: Question: One of my users is having an issue on any of my sims running on NET. They crash after 30-40 minutes and when they log back in they are all white. But if they tp to one of my sims running MONO they rezz.
[12:08] Master Dubrovna: The console on the NET machine gives this: [J2KDecoderModule]: CSJ2K threw an exception decoding texture 40f812ea-89ec-419a-8bc3-4d9708287816: Error while reading bit stream header or parsing packets.
[12:08] Master Dubrovna: Any ideas why on the NET machine?
[12:08] Robert Adams: here in the US, ISPs have a cheap 'home' service that is for consuming the web... if you want to run a service (especially needing ports open to the outside world) they have a 'business' service
[12:08] Robert Wood21: i see
[12:09] Robert Adams: that, and blocking most of the ports cuts down on rogue software and botnets and spam servers
[12:09] Andrew Hellershanks: ISP's upload speed is often a lot lower than download as a home user isn't expected to be doing much uploading of information.
[12:09] Arielle Popstar: Did your ISP specifically say they were blocking port 9000?
[12:10] Richardus Raymaker: Robert. hard to hold this days with youtube etc. etc.
[12:10] Pathfinder.Lester @pathlandia.dlinkddns.com:9000: Robert, see this to help you identify which ports your ISP may be blocking. https://www.grc.com (click on Shields-Up)
[12:10] Robert Wood21: no but they said they gona charge and they can open it for me by remote help
[12:10] Robert Adams: I'm going to run... take care all
[12:10] Robert Wood21: ty i chek it
[12:10] Andrew Hellershanks: I'm going to head out. See you next week.
[12:10] Arielle Popstar: they will open it through their supplied router/modem then
[12:10] Justin Clark-Casey: Master: I dunno, behaviour should be the same
[12:10] Robert Wood21: ok
[12:11] Andrew Hellershanks is offline.
[12:11] Master Dubrovna: Yeah it has been driving us nuts for weeks.
[12:11] Justin Clark-Casey: master: you might want to try setting UseCSJ2K = false in the [Startup] section of OpenSim.ini
[12:11] Master Dubrovna: OK Justin
[12:11] Master Dubrovna: will try that
[12:11] Justin Clark-Casey: this would force deocing to use OpenJPEG instead, though ijn theory that shouldn't be the issue
[12:11] Dahlia Trimble: bye all :)
[12:11] Master Dubrovna: yeah its very odd
[12:11] Richardus Raymaker: bye andrew
[12:11] Master Dubrovna: Only happens on the windows server
[12:12] Master Dubrovna: and when it does happen she can tp to my machines using Mono and instantly loads her textures
[12:12] Justin Clark-Casey: it is odd - if the viewer was not encoding the baked textures properly I would expect to see th eissue on both mono and windows
[12:12] Master Dubrovna: We tried different viewers and no change
[12:12] Master Dubrovna: right I thought that too
[12:12] Arielle Popstar: same network?
[12:12] Master Dubrovna: no
[12:12] Arielle Popstar: the servers?
[12:12] Master Dubrovna: no
[12:12] Master Dubrovna: Windows server in Chicago
[12:13] Master Dubrovna: Linux servers in Kansas City
[12:13] Justin Clark-Casey: ok, I need to go and attend to some business as well
[12:13] Justin Clark-Casey: buy folks
[12:13] Justin Clark-Casey: er, bye
[12:13] Master Dubrovna: Thanks JCC
[12:13] Robert Wood21: bye
[12:13] Robert Wood21: ty
[12:13] Richardus Raymaker: I see that sometimes to that my avatar have a white part after some problem. but rebake is enough to fix
[12:13] Richardus Raymaker: bye justin
[12:13] Master Dubrovna: Yeah rebake never helps in this case
Personal tools
General
About This Wiki