Chat log from the meeting on 2013-08-13

From OpenSimulator

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
(Created page with "<pre style="white-space: pre-wrap; white-space: -moz-pre-wrap; white-space: -pre-wrap; white-space: -o-pre-wrap; word-wrap: break-word"> [10:59] Andrew Hellershanks is online. ...")
 
m
 
Line 1: Line 1:
<pre style="white-space: pre-wrap;
+
<pre>
white-space: -moz-pre-wrap;
+
white-space: -pre-wrap;
+
white-space: -o-pre-wrap;
+
word-wrap: break-word">
+
 
[10:59] Andrew Hellershanks is online.
 
[10:59] Andrew Hellershanks is online.
 
[11:00] Justin Clark-Casey: hello folks
 
[11:00] Justin Clark-Casey: hello folks
Line 348: Line 344:
 
[12:01] Arielle Popstar: have to advertise load tests a couple days in advance
 
[12:01] Arielle Popstar: have to advertise load tests a couple days in advance
 
</pre>
 
</pre>
 +
 +
 +
[[Category:Office Hour Logs]]

Latest revision as of 20:49, 24 October 2015

[10:59] Andrew Hellershanks is online.
[11:00] Justin Clark-Casey: hello folks
[11:01] Armenious.Resident @awesimworlds.com:8002: Hi Justin
[11:01] Arielle Popstar: Hi Justin
[11:01] Andrew Hellershanks: Hey, justin
[11:03] Andrew Hellershanks: hm... small crowd (so far) today
[11:03] Kayaker Magic whispers: I thought I was late!
[11:03] Nebadon Izumi is online.
[11:03] Armenious.Resident @awesimworlds.com:8002 nods agreement and thinks everybodys running late
[11:03] Richardus Raymaker: sorry, needed to send mail about region to someone
[11:03] Justin Clark-Casey: it's not even 5 past yet!
[11:04] Richardus Raymaker: your early justin.. :O
[11:04] BlueWall Slade is online.
[11:04] Nebadon Izumi: hello
[11:04] Armenious.Resident @awesimworlds.com:8002: lol
[11:04] Richardus Raymaker: hi neb
[11:04] Andrew Hellershanks: perhaps its too nice a day to be sitting indoors
[11:04] Nebadon Izumi: i was busy being annoyed by stupid telehubs
[11:04] Richardus Raymaker: well, did you placed the telehub prims and linked them nebadon ?
[11:04] Nebadon Izumi: i did
[11:04] Richardus Raymaker: to the root hub
[11:05] Nebadon Izumi: ya everything looks right im pretty sure
[11:05] Nebadon Izumi: they just dont work
[11:05] Andrew Hellershanks should read up on infohubs and telehubs one day
[11:05] Richardus Raymaker: i mean this
[11:05] Richardus Raymaker: Right-click on the object and select Edit.
 In the REGION/ESTATE window, click the Region tab.
 Click Manage Telehub.
 Click Add Spawn.
 Click your telehub object again, and click Connect telehub.
[11:05] Richardus Raymaker: it works fine on my 0.7.5
[11:06] Richardus Raymaker: first time need slightly study. then its more easy
[11:06] Nebadon Izumi: http://nebadon2025.com/screenshots/telehubs_01.png
[11:06] Nebadon Izumi: this is what i see
[11:06] Nebadon Izumi: i have the setting in Estate panel correct
[11:06] Nebadon Izumi: but i always land at the parcel set landing zone
[11:06] Nebadon Izumi: and if i clear the parcel one out
[11:06] Nebadon Izumi: i end up logging in at 0,0,1
[11:06] Richardus Raymaker: not sure if justin have see it, but as reminder. http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=6737
[11:07] Justin Clark-Casey: richardus: michelle said she will post a patch for it
[11:07] Richardus Raymaker: sounds like you have disabled soem routeing not in estate or about land
[11:07] Richardus Raymaker: yes.. ok you know. thats all
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: ok I think maybe i figured out telehub problem
[11:09] Nebadon Izumi: i unchcked the direct teleport thing in Estate panel
[11:09] Nebadon Izumi: but it didnt save
[11:09] Nebadon Izumi: i forgot to hit apply
[11:09] Justin Clark-Casey: :)
[11:09] Nebadon Izumi: i thought it just saved automatically
[11:09] Nebadon Izumi: testing now, hopefully that was it
[11:09] Justin Clark-Casey: you're trying to enable that on the conference keynote regions?
[11:09] Richardus Raymaker: well the apply button is a bit out of view to.
[11:10] Dahlia Trimble is online.
[11:11] Richardus Raymaker: justin, how is 0.7.6 looking now ? i sometimes get question when does it come out
[11:12] Justin Clark-Casey: honestly, I don't know 0- having to put all my available time into working on conference related issues atm
[11:12] Justin Clark-Casey: but would hope to have it out fairly shortly afterwards, unless ther eis some micracle and it can be done at the same time
[11:12] Richardus Raymaker: well tyhe conference stuff is 0.7.6 improvements i guess.
[11:13] Andrew Hellershanks: Are there many outstanding issues for 076?
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: ok ya looks like its working now
[11:13] Richardus Raymaker: whooo
[11:13] Justin Clark-Casey: some regressions to do with attachments. And stabilising this new teleport code
[11:13] Andrew Hellershanks: That's not too bad then.
[11:13] Justin Clark-Casey: which is effecitvely also used on login
[11:13] Justin Clark-Casey: teleport is the worst
[11:14] Armenious.Resident @awesimworlds.com:8002: Lots of stuff going on in Tp
[11:14] Dahlia Trimble is offline.
[11:14] Andrew Hellershanks: nebadon, you need to document that in case someone else runs in to that problem.
[11:14] Dahlia Trimble is online.
[11:15] Vivian Klees: hi again Blue
[11:15] BlueWall Slade: Hello
[11:15] Andrew Swat: the statistics say all
[11:16] Dahlia Trimble: hi
[11:16] Armenious.Resident @awesimworlds.com:8002: Hi Dahlia :)
[11:16] Vivian Klees: hi Dahlia
[11:17] Justin Clark-Casey: ok, any opensim topics today?
[11:17] Andrew Hellershanks: What are the differences in datasnapshot between all and minimum.
[11:17] Andrew Hellershanks: I only see a difference of how many parcels are saved in the databases.
[11:18] Kayaker Magic: The LL waiki has a page about what llGetRot returns for root, chidren, ground and attached prims,
[11:18] Kayaker Magic: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Rotation#Single_or_Root_Prims_vs_Linked_Prims_vs_Attachments
[11:18] Kayaker Magic: but I have a problem when seated, there seems to be a different return for llGetRot
[11:19] Justin Clark-Casey: on ll os os?
[11:19] Justin Clark-Casey: or os
[11:19] Richardus Raymaker: is the sit pos and cam fixt in 0.7.6 ?
[11:19] Kayaker Magic: when in the root prim of an attached object in a seated avatar
[11:19] Justin Clark-Casey: andrew: don't know - I think only diva knows much about datasnapshot
[11:19] logger sewell: we still need to make a matis but we check ed about a region going pkantom when you edit terrain it only happens with BulletSim with ODE every thing is fine
[11:19] Richardus Raymaker: i understand the terrain edit is improved to ?
[11:20] Andrew Hellershanks: justin, ok. I can try checking the code via monodevelop and see if I can see what differences there are. all just seems to save info on all parcels in the allparcesls table. Other than that I don't see differences.
[11:20] Justin Clark-Casey: richardus: teravus did make a change - haven't tried it myself yet
[11:20] paulie Flomar: whos breathin on the mic?
[11:21] Richardus Raymaker: not tried it to. but it sounded good
[11:21] Justin Clark-Casey: some people down below I think
[11:21] Vivian Klees: was going to check it in ODE
[11:21] paulie Flomar: lol
[11:21] Justin Clark-Casey: I've kind of muted
[11:21] Andrew Hellershanks: Another question. I ran into a problem importing an IAR. I didn't use the right options on save or load so the items loaded with the creator ID from the original grid.
[11:21] Andrew Hellershanks: I noticed that all(?) the imported items are in the asset tab with a name of "From IAR".
[11:21] Richardus Raymaker: i hear thats default in 0.7.6
[11:22] Andrew Hellershanks: and creator ID of zero UUID
[11:22] Andrew Hellershanks: s/assets tab/assets table/
[11:22] Andrew Hellershanks: This was in 075PF
[11:22] Justin Clark-Casey: neither asset creator or asset name are used
[11:23] Andrew Hellershanks: Richardus, the default? It didn't used to be the case AFAIK. I thought it used to use the real item name on import for use in the assets table. Not sure about creator ID. In the past that seems to not have been recorded.
[11:23] Andrew Hellershanks: justin, why is the asset name not used?
[11:23] Justin Clark-Casey: because assets are only ever referred to via inventory items
[11:23] Justin Clark-Casey: which have their own names which can be different from each other
[11:25] Andrew Hellershanks: um... ok. I still think it would be nice to see real names used on import. I'm trying to fix up the creator ID's of the imported items but its not easy when they are all just "From IAR" in asset table.
[11:26] Nebadon Izumi: ok Keynote regions have telehubs now, 5 spawnpoints so no more avatar pileups
[11:26] Richardus Raymaker: i tried to export object with singularity. but few objects lost my as creator. so unknown state. thats not funny to
[11:26] Justin Clark-Casey: that would unfortunately require quite a lot of ocding. And quite often names are not available anyway
[11:26] Andrew Hellershanks: no news on the web page I was working on for creation of event listings. I just haven't spent much time on that this week.
[11:27] Nebadon Izumi: ocding :)
[11:27] Richardus Raymaker: hehe lol nebadon. just need more avatars and the pile is back
[11:27] Justin Clark-Casey: not inaccurate :)
[11:27] Nebadon Izumi: haha ya
[11:27] Andrew Hellershanks: OCDing? hehe
[11:27] Nebadon Izumi: ya all the 1's go here and the 0's go here
[11:28] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[11:28] Andrew Hellershanks: Logger, did you have any test results about land going phantom while being terraformed?
[11:28] Andrew Hellershanks: hm... is this going to be a short meeting this week?
[11:29] Andrew Hellershanks: :)
[11:29] Justin Clark-Casey: how so?
[11:29] logger sewell: yes i need to complile a note card of it
[11:29] Andrew Hellershanks: Everyone is quiet at the moment
[11:29] Robert Adams: I tried to duplicate the land going phantom when terraforming but it doesn't fail for me
[11:29] Nebadon Izumi: sorry im sort of prepping a bit for load test
[11:29] Justin Clark-Casey is looking at his three other screens :)
[11:29] Robert Adams: have you been able to duplicate the problem since the fix for terraforming?
[11:30] Justin Clark-Casey: I'm amused people have worked their way around the fact that it's difficult to get info about ossl functions
[11:30] Andrew Hellershanks: four screens? Must be nice. I wouldn't mind having two
[11:30] Justin Clark-Casey: by using a timer and checking if the next statemenet ever executed
[11:30] Andrew Hellershanks: Only "news" this past week is the demise of my laptop.
[11:30] Justin Clark-Casey: Andrew: why don't you?
[11:30] logger sewell: when we did it yesterday it took 12 min of terriforming and the whole sim went phantom and then just locked up
[11:30] Justin Clark-Casey: Andrew: bummer :(
[11:30] Armenious.Resident @awesimworlds.com:8002: @ andrew.. ouch!
[11:30] Richardus Raymaker: difficult to get ossl info ?
[11:30] Robert Adams: logger: is that with master?
[11:30] logger sewell: 7.5pf
[11:30] Justin Clark-Casey: you can't tell if a certain ossl function is available or not
[11:31] Justin Clark-Casey: I'm amused that has been worked around :)
[11:31] logger sewell: I need to try it in here
[11:31] Richardus Raymaker: uhmm. opensim.ini.example ?
[11:31] Richardus Raymaker: ir do you mean detection from inworld
[11:31] Justin Clark-Casey: yes, inworld
[11:31] Robert Adams: justin: are you talking about documentation for ossl functions or script functions?
[11:32] Andrew Hellershanks: yeah. My laptop is 14 months out of warranty. It would cost $450 to repair. I might as well buy a new machine. Still want to see if I can get data off the drive as there might be some pictures on it that weren't backed up yet.
[11:32] Andrew Hellershanks: justin, no space on the desktop area for additional monitors unless I go vertical.
[11:32] Justin Clark-Casey: robert: ossl in this case
[11:32] Justin Clark-Casey: Andrew: ah
[11:32] Richardus Raymaker: uhmm, well wait until you see debug lsl error. then you know it :)
[11:32] Richardus Raymaker: need 4K screen andrew ?
[11:33] Andrew Hellershanks: There is a web page for the ossl functions that are supported. Is that not enough information on them? It wouldn't be that difficult to document them.
[11:33] Arielle Popstar: what wrong with the laptop?
[11:33] Andrew Hellershanks: Richardus, 4k screen?
[11:33] Justin Clark-Casey: that isn't what I mean. probablyi best to read the ml rather than me explain it
[11:33] Richardus Raymaker: Andrew, justin means to check uf one is active on trhe simulator i guess
[11:34] Richardus Raymaker: yes , HDTV where not enough, so the invented 4K screen
[11:34] Richardus Raymaker: brr. really have bad type week
[11:34] Andrew Hellershanks: Arielle, won't boot. flashing lights indicate CPU problem. YouTube video indicates it might be temporarily fixable if you take the machine apart to the motherboard level and use a heat gun to heat one chip and reflow the solder but I don't have that or thermal compound to replace the stuff on the heat sink after tearing the machine apart.
[11:35] Arielle Popstar: try remopving hardrive and seeing it is will boot with a live lin ux
[11:35] Richardus Raymaker: hi arielle
[11:35] Andrew Hellershanks: Richardus, no. Don't need HDTV stuff on the laptop. It is mostly for use on the workbench where I'd work with some microcontrollers, and FPGA stuff.
[11:35] Arielle Popstar: had a lappy that wouldnt boot till i removed the hardrive
[11:35] Andrew Hellershanks: Arielle, I could try but error code indicates problem is more serious. Seems to be a known issue.
[11:35] Richardus Raymaker: some heatpaste andrew. easy to buy
[11:36] Richardus Raymaker: andrew, bad laptop ?
[11:36] Andrew Hellershanks: Richardus, yeah. I'd have to mail order it.
[11:36] Arielle Popstar: paste is chap
[11:36] Arielle Popstar: cheap
[11:36] logger sewell: yeh there is a company on the west coast that resets the video chip and reballs it
[11:36] Fred.Appleby @hg.viewtwo.net:8654: Nebadon, are all conference regions running Bulletsim now?
[11:36] Richardus Raymaker: let me guess HP laptop with cracked losse craphics chip
[11:36] Justin Clark-Casey: whoever Govega Sachertorte is, they're very persistent
[11:36] Nebadon Izumi: I have been having some trouble with my NPC waypoints but i'll bring that up another time not sure if its llvolumedetect or what that is failing
[11:36] Richardus Raymaker: uhmm funny type, i mean graphics chip
[11:37] Andrew Hellershanks: Richardus, seems something like that. I started seeing odd things at the bottom of the LCD display before it died.
[11:37] Nebadon Izumi: sometimes the waypoints faill to inform the NPC's attachment that guides them to the next way point
[11:37] logger sewell: yeh it needs to have the chip reballed
[11:37] Richardus Raymaker: i know someone that did have problems to
[11:37] Nebadon Izumi: so they either wander off or if its s teleport waypoint they just stand there stuck in the waypoint
[11:37] Nebadon Izumi: and yes the CC grid is 100% bulletsim now
[11:38] Andrew Hellershanks: Logger, it would be a pain to ship the machine and deal with it crossing the border going there and back.
[11:38] Nebadon Izumi: Robert or Justin, is llVolumeDetect at all tied into physics?
[11:38] Nebadon Izumi: im wondering if me changing to Bulletsim is the reason its failing now
[11:38] Nebadon Izumi: one thing I wanted to do but have not yet is fall back to ODE to see if it improves
[11:38] Nebadon Izumi: but it seems like physics should not play a factor in that other than the phantom part
[11:38] Justin Clark-Casey: llVolumeDetect is all phys
[11:38] Nebadon Izumi: hmm ok
[11:38] Justin Clark-Casey: I believe
[11:39] Nebadon Izumi: so maybe it is bulletsim them
[11:39] Nebadon Izumi: then*
[11:39] Nebadon Izumi: it all seemed to start when i changed over to bulletsim
[11:39] Robert Adams: volume detect is done by the physics engine
[11:39] Richardus Raymaker: hmm llvolumedetect can see phantom sofar i know
[11:39] Nebadon Izumi: but I thought maybe its also because of all these other updates we have been doing too
[11:39] Andrew Hellershanks: Who wanted information on OSSL? There is information here -> http://opensimulator.org/wiki/OSSL_Implemented
[11:39] Nebadon Izumi: with EQ and such
[11:39] Nebadon Izumi: ok i'll switch back to ODE
[11:39] Nebadon Izumi: and see if it still fails
[11:39] Nebadon Izumi: i suspect though that its broken in Bulletsim
[11:40] Nebadon Izumi: it fails like 10% of the time
[11:40] Nebadon Izumi: maybe more
[11:40] Robert Adams: would have to be missing collisions
[11:40] Nebadon Izumi: ya i only have 4 npcs
[11:40] Nebadon Izumi: at the moment
[11:40] Nebadon Izumi: ive had up to 100
[11:40] Nebadon Izumi: but now since going to bullet with just 4 npcs
[11:40] Nebadon Izumi: they fail a lot
[11:40] Nebadon Izumi: i find the npcs walking into a wall
[11:40] Nebadon Izumi: because the waypoint failed
[11:41] Nebadon Izumi: or they get stuck standing on a teleport waypoint pad
[11:41] Nebadon Izumi: i'll let you know if switching back to ODE makes a big difference
[11:41] Andrew Hellershanks thinks the OSSL wiki page is not up to date.
[11:42] Nebadon Izumi: that would not surprise me
[11:42] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: what time do you see on https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/c4pfuc00sijl1e6u4b8npumud0g?
[11:42] Andrew Hellershanks: Perhaps just one function missing from ossl wiki page
[11:42] Nebadon Izumi: it says 2pm to 3pm
[11:43] Justin Clark-Casey: what time is it for you now?
[11:43] Nebadon Izumi: 2:42
[11:43] Justin Clark-Casey: aaarrgh
[11:43] Nebadon Izumi: no worries people are showing up
[11:43] Justin Clark-Casey: why does the damn thing say GMT when it's actually compensating for BST
[11:43] Nebadon Izumi: they'll hang out long
[11:43] Justin Clark-Casey mutters
[11:43] Nebadon Izumi: i have a bunch of avatars im logging in for past hour
[11:44] logger sewell: i have to go fix a server have fun and I'll see you next week
[11:44] Nebadon Izumi: see you logger
[11:44] Justin Clark-Casey: bye logger
[11:45] Nebadon Izumi: Robert it does look like llVolumeDetect is a problem in Bullet
[11:45] Nebadon Izumi: Armenious just im'd me and said he is having same problems
[11:45] Andrew Hellershanks: Nice to see I don't have to do the server fixing all the time these days. :)
[11:46] Nebadon Izumi: i can probably shoot you an OAR or something with the NPC demo
[11:46] Nebadon Izumi: i'll need to clean that region up a bit
[11:46] Nebadon Izumi: that sandbox is still running ODE
[11:46] Nebadon Izumi: ive had it go for weeks and not fail
[11:49] Andrew Hellershanks: Nebdon, if you have time you might want to get the event markers on map stuff in place for the conference.
[11:49] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: any feeling as to whether teleport remains a bit issue with current code?
[11:49] Nebadon Izumi: were not running ossearch on CC grid
[11:49] Justin Clark-Casey: big
[11:49] Nebadon Izumi: hard to say Justin, I think its pretty good
[11:49] Nebadon Izumi: it went well last week
[11:50] Nebadon Izumi: when we all teleported to single region
[11:50] Nebadon Izumi: we could certainly try doing something like that again
[11:50] Armenious.Resident @awesimworlds.com:8002: Justin: Ive been testing TP for the last couple of weeks.. .it appears much better and stable.
[11:50] Richardus Raymaker: well, i go test the telehub on CC. and then i need to leave.
[11:51] Andrew Hellershanks: Nebadon, oh ok. Just thought it might be useful to have had that so people could see what's happening where and what's coming up.
[11:51] Justin Clark-Casey: armenious: even with situations of rapid teleport where there are lots of child regions?
[11:51] Nebadon Izumi: ya we are going to have tons of signage
[11:51] Robert Adams: ok Nebadon, an OAR would help for testing
[11:51] Nebadon Izumi: the grid is still very incomplete
[11:51] Nebadon Izumi: ok Robert after the load test i'll pack it up
[11:51] Nebadon Izumi: and maybe we can get together i can explain to you how it works
[11:51] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: I thought fleep said it was pretty built out :0
[11:51] Nebadon Izumi: its very easy to operate
[11:51] Justin Clark-Casey: :)
[11:51] Armenious.Resident @awesimworlds.com:8002: yes.. seem pretty good Justing. Ive been pushing my bots into auto tp blocks.. en mass.... to my regions...
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: yes there is a lot there now justin
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: but its far from done
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: we have to put signs up and stuff still
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: schedule isnt 100%
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: so we cant do that yet
[11:52] Justin Clark-Casey: armenious: okay, that's good to know. Better than a few months ago?
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: until last minute
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: once schedule is in place we can put up teleporters and such with schedule signs
[11:52] Armenious.Resident @awesimworlds.com:8002: They are avs (the bots) with external brower so they work like we do .. .our AVs for tp load
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: its going to be plastered everywhere
[11:53] Dahlia Trimble: they use LL client?
[11:53] Richardus Raymaker: we dont have sunlight anymore inside here ?
[11:53] Armenious.Resident @awesimworlds.com:8002: Justin WAY better totally better.. faster cleaner
[11:53] Simulator Version v0.5 shouts: OpenSim 0.7.6 Dev          23ca1f8: 2013-08-09 18:27:26 +0100 (Unix/Mono)
[11:53] Justin Clark-Casey: maybe that pain was worthwhile then... :)
[11:53] Justin Clark-Casey: personally I still fear there are a bunch of holes where things go tits up
[11:54] Justin Clark-Casey: but maybe that's just me being a worrier
[11:54] Nebadon Izumi: ya its hard to say
[11:54] Richardus Raymaker: At least a puddle with mud
[11:54] Nebadon Izumi: its certainly much improved
[11:54] Dahlia Trimble: I think it's probably still not the same as SL teleport
[11:54] Dahlia Trimble: based on the way radegast acts
[11:54] Nebadon Izumi: I can tell you when i did an interview the other day in SL
[11:54] Armenious.Resident @awesimworlds.com:8002: no, but its seriously improved from what it was.
[11:54] Nebadon Izumi: with Fleep
[11:54] Justin Clark-Casey: probably not, but probably closer
[11:55] Nebadon Izumi: the SL people seemed blown away we had 100 people in 1 region
[11:55] Nebadon Izumi: and that we could still rez objects
[11:55] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[11:55] Justin Clark-Casey: we were a little short of 100, neb... :)
[11:55] Dahlia Trimble: need 200 :)
[11:55] Nebadon Izumi: we had like 95?
[11:55] Justin Clark-Casey: 92?
[11:55] Nebadon Izumi: wasnt that far off
[11:55] OtakuMegane Desu: It was up there
[11:55] BlueWall Slade: close enough for government work
[11:55] Justin Clark-Casey is a pedant
[11:55] Nebadon Izumi: we could have gone well past 100
[11:56] Andrew Hellershanks: One day it was 104
[11:56] Justin Clark-Casey: at 90 we were definitely creaking with outbound udp
[11:56] Justin Clark-Casey: and everyone had to be sitting down
[11:56] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[11:56] Nebadon Izumi: it still was good though
[11:56] Richardus Raymaker: but much more cores then sl right ?
[11:56] Justin Clark-Casey: oh yes
[11:56] Justin Clark-Casey: cpu load was in the 100s at best
[11:57] Justin Clark-Casey: so 1 cpu and just over a half
[11:57] Justin Clark-Casey: that's at best case with everyone sitting down and other requests going on
[11:57] Justin Clark-Casey: but it's a massive improvement from where we w ere a couple of months ago
[11:57] OtakuMegane Desu: ^
[11:57] Richardus Raymaker: does it make HG better to ?
[11:57] Justin Clark-Casey: sorry, other requets not going on
[11:57] Richardus Raymaker: escpecially when TP fails
[11:57] Armenious.Resident @awesimworlds.com:8002: absolutely
[11:57] Armenious.Resident @awesimworlds.com:8002: I do a lot of HG tping
[11:58] Justin Clark-Casey: tp fails are an area of unpredictablity I suspect
[11:58] Richardus Raymaker: i do it more to
[11:58] Armenious.Resident @awesimworlds.com:8002: for the sims running above 7.5.. its a huge change
[11:58] Justin Clark-Casey: it's a lot of work to go through every failure scenario and this is still new code
[11:58] Richardus Raymaker: yes but when TP fails. you need to relog soemtimes
[11:58] Justin Clark-Casey: yeah, I suspect that ideally stil needs looking at
[11:58] Justin Clark-Casey: one really needs to know exactly what happens when any part of tp fails at any point
[11:58] Justin Clark-Casey: whether things get reset properly
[11:59] Richardus Raymaker: most TP fails because other sim is down , slow or weird
[11:59] Justin Clark-Casey: yeah, we need to be sure we deal with that correctly as well
[11:59] Armenious.Resident @awesimworlds.com:8002: it appears to become unhappy when nearby sims are informed but not even close to the same build , Justin
[12:00] paulie Flomar: Probably many relationships fail for the same reason .:)
[12:00] Justin Clark-Casey: armenious: with the very latest code?
[12:00] Arielle Popstar: i am finding i have to restart regions more frequently after HG fails
[12:00] Armenious.Resident @awesimworlds.com:8002: if the surrounding sims.. are running old stuff
[12:00] Dahlia Trimble: test today?
[12:00] Dahlia Trimble didnt study....
[12:00] Justin Clark-Casey: armenious: okay, that should really work, though the easiest solution may eventually be just to update all the regions
[12:00] Justin Clark-Casey: yes, test today
[12:01] Armenious.Resident @awesimworlds.com:8002: it appears that creates some kind of additional hand off (inform the olds sims) load.
[12:01] Nebadon Izumi: I am all ready to go with test
[12:01] Nebadon Izumi: i have 21 avatars already in CC grid
[12:01] Justin Clark-Casey has a feeling there will be many less people without diva to egg things on
[12:01] Dahlia Trimble: uri?
[12:01] Justin Clark-Casey: ok, shall we go?
[12:01] Nebadon Izumi: once this avatar jumps over it will be 22
[12:01] Armenious.Resident @awesimworlds.com:8002: Justin: Exactly
[12:01] Nebadon Izumi: cc.opensimulator.org:8002:Keynote 1
[12:01] Nebadon Izumi: cc.opensimulator.org:8002:Keynote 2
[12:01] Nebadon Izumi: cc.opensimulator.org:8002:Keynote 3
[12:01] Nebadon Izumi: cc.opensimulator.org:8002:Keynote 4
[12:01] Arielle Popstar: have to advertise load tests a couple days in advance
Personal tools
General
About This Wiki