Chat log from the meeting on 2013-05-28

From OpenSimulator

Revision as of 22:05, 24 October 2015 by Fritigern (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: it is
[11:02] Justin Clark-Casey: hello folks
[11:02] Teravus Ousley: bam :)
[11:02] Teravus Ousley: I'm there
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: though I have not tested, i did get a white dot over my head
[11:02] Andrew Hellershanks: Hello, all.
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: hello
[11:02] Teravus Ousley: should probably post a link to your google group comment
[11:02] Andrew Hellershanks: I distracted myself last week and completely forgot the meeting.
[11:03] Richardus Raymaker: hi andrew
[11:04] Nebadon Izumi:
[11:04] logger sewell: hi Andrew
[11:04] Licu.Rau hello
[11:04] Licu.Rau hi pathfinder
[11:04] Robert Adams: hello all
[11:04] Richardus Raymaker: hi robert.
[11:04] logger sewell: hey Robert
[11:04] Justin Clark-Casey: hi licu, robert
[11:04] Richardus Raymaker: how is bullet going ?
[11:05] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: so is the load test plus voice today? Sorry, was on holiday yesterday
[11:05] Robert Adams: not sure I like how the new BulletSim allows one to walk up walls... needs more tuning
[11:05] Robert Adams: BulletSIm is doing great
[11:05] Nebadon Izumi: does it?
[11:05] Licu.Rau hello everyone
[11:05] Andrew Hellershanks: walking up walls? Nice to be spiderman. :)
[11:05] Nebadon Izumi: guess we are not new enough
[11:05] Nebadon Izumi: heh
[11:05] vegaslon plutonian: easier to do then it used to be?
[11:05] Simulator Version v0.5 shouts: OpenSim 0.7.6 Dev          533bbf0: 2013-05-25 02:08:54 +0100 (Unix/Mono)
[11:06] Unknown UserUMMTGUN: Robert, the last update improved things like pendulums.
[11:06] Robert Adams: you can walk over most objects... like this sofa
[11:06] Nebadon Izumi: wow ya you can
[11:06] logger sewell: we tested it and you can climb .8 stairs
[11:06] Justin Clark-Casey: could I ask who just made the pendulum comment?
[11:06] Justin Clark-Casey: This is one for whom I see Unknown UserUMMTGUN in the chat
[11:06] Unknown UserUMMTGUN: Fred
[11:06] Andrew Hellershanks: I was working with Robert to test stair climbing and a recent change fixed that nicely.
[11:06] Justin Clark-Casey: thanks
[11:06] Richardus Raymaker: .8 steps are hugh
[11:07] Nebadon Izumi: ya even .5 is pretty large
[11:07] logger sewell: yeh and make sure to open a door or you'll walk right up it lol
[11:07] Andrew Hellershanks: yeah. I wouldn't use more than 0.5. My stairs are 0.25
[11:07] Richardus Raymaker: teeah. so .8 is really not bad
[11:07] Nebadon Izumi: thats a 1 1/2 foot step
[11:07] Robert Adams: not very realistic stairs... but SL allows walking over 0.5m
[11:08] Justin Clark-Casey: fred, was I here when you got here or were you here when I got here?
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: personally though, i would prefer being able to walk over unusually large things
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: than not be able to walk over something tiny
[11:08] Unknown UserUMMTGUN: from Fred, I was here befire you Justin
[11:08] Unknown UserUMMTGUN: *before
[11:08] Justin Clark-Casey: ok, thakns fred
[11:09] Nebadon Izumi: interesting
[11:09] Nebadon Izumi: i cant get out if i walk backwards
[11:09] Andrew Hellershanks: Robert, how is the center of gravity calculation? Still on the todo list or was it fixed? I haven't tested with a vehicle recently.
[11:09] Robert Adams: ya... you have to approach the step walking forward
[11:09] Nebadon Izumi: ya its only walking forward
[11:09] Robert Adams: appoaching a step at an angle doesn't add the 'up'
[11:09] Unknown UserUMMTGUN: I have a question from someone using IAR, they report it does not, or appears not support Calling-cards (from Fred)
[11:10] Robert Adams: so walking backward won't allow walking up steps
[11:10] Richardus Raymaker: not test it for a long time. is the problem fix that we could not walk good on prims from 3 sides. u think north where fine with 0.5 but others failed
[11:10] Justin Clark-Casey: fred: doesn't support in what way?
[11:10] Robert Adams: Andrew... no, haven't fixed center-of-gravity
[11:10] Andrew Hellershanks: so no sword fights where you back up the stairs :-)
[11:10] Richardus Raymaker: lol
[11:10] Teravus Ousley dot products your steps to compare it to ODE
[11:10] Andrew Hellershanks: Robert, ok, np.
[11:11] Unknown UserUMMTGUN: They do not appear in the inventory after restore (from Fred)
[11:11] Teravus Ousley is just being silly
[11:11] Robert Adams: hopefully, the directional stairs bug has been fixed
[11:11] Teravus Ousley: nerdy silly but silly none the less
[11:11] Justin Clark-Casey: fred: okay, that's odd - they should do but I'm not sure I've extensively tested it
[11:11] Andrew Hellershanks: I pulled in an IAR and it used creator ID from the previous grid where the IAR was saved instead of using the UUID for the person receiving the IAR
[11:11] Justin Clark-Casey: perhaps if they could raise a mantis (to the big pile :)
[11:12] Nebadon Izumi: mesh stairs
[11:12] Unknown UserUMMTGUN: @juctin, I will rquest more information, I thought they may not be supported.
[11:12] Justin Clark-Casey: fred: on another toipc - is there anything on this region or in the jump regions that coul dhave been created by your current avatar?
[11:12] Justin Clark-Casey: fred: I believe they should work, but it's possible there are bugs or something has change din newer viewers regarding them
[11:12] Unknown UserUMMTGUN: No, but I do have a HUD
[11:12] Richardus Raymaker: animation fail to on the stair here nebadon
[11:12] Robert Adams: oh... I know that the problem is here.... it thinks I'm way above the "bottom" of the step
[11:13] Justin Clark-Casey: fred: hmm, that shouldnt' counter
[11:13] Justin Clark-Casey: count
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: i made it so you can grab copies of these stairs
[11:13] Robert Adams: haa.... I've always tested with piles of prims
[11:13] Unknown UserUMMTGUN: @justin, it has a radar script, that is all
[11:13] BlueWall Slade: thanks Nebadon
[11:14] Justin Clark-Casey: fred: It shouldn't make any difference because I can't see HUDs, so my viewer should never request any informatio nrelating to them
[11:14] Justin Clark-Casey: though unless the creator info is somehow corrupt that shouldnt' matter.
[11:14] Robert Adams: works better on the lower steps
[11:14] Justin Clark-Casey: Do other people see Fred's name properyl in chat?
[11:14] BlueWall Slade: I do
[11:14] Reborn.Soldier I do
[11:14] Vivian Klees: I do
[11:14] Arielle Popstar: i do
[11:14] Licu.Rau I do
[11:14] tommy Arkright: Sir, Robert :-).... What is the issue with Bullet and "Cam View?" and what is the future looking like for flight?
[11:15] Justin Clark-Casey: anybody see it as Unknown UserUMMTGUN?
[11:15] Robert Adams: I see 'Fred" as "Unknown UserUMMTGUN"
[11:15] logger sewell: yes looks fine to me
[11:15] BlueWall Slade: [11:14] Fred.Appleby @justin, it has a radar script, that is all
[11:15] Robert Adams: I'm using the latest Firestorm
[11:15] Nebadon Izumi: i see him fine here
[11:15] Justin Clark-Casey: I'm using slightly earlier firestorm but really that shouldn't make a difference.....
[11:15] Justin Clark-Casey: you would see UMMTGUN if the viewer requests the name relating to a UUID and it hadn't been inserted in the cache simulator-side
[11:15] Justin Clark-Casey: but if Fred was here before me then that shouldn't be true
[11:16] BlueWall Slade: I noticed some issues with the name label looking at a firestorm user from singularity
[11:16] Justin Clark-Casey: esp. as I cleared my viewer cache immediately before logging on
[11:16] Justin Clark-Casey: I think that is a different problem
[11:16] Richardus Raymaker: muy radar dont show ANY unknown
[11:16] Justin Clark-Casey: though I can't be completely sure
[11:16] Justin Clark-Casey: certainly right now the simulator has the correct uuid <-> name binding for fred
[11:17] BlueWall Slade: do we have a way to examine the UserManagement cache from the cl?
[11:17] Justin Clark-Casey: show name <uuid>
[11:17] Arielle Popstar: i onlly see Vivian as unknown
[11:17] Justin Clark-Casey: exactly what form of Unknown?
[11:18] Robert Adams: thanks Nebadon, I have copies of the stairs and will see what is exactly happening with this higher step mesh stairs
[11:18] Nebadon Izumi: kk
[11:18] Arielle Popstar: in radar only
[11:18] Arielle Popstar: i see her name above her head
[11:18] Justin Clark-Casey: what is the full name?
[11:18] Cuteulala Artis is online.
[11:18] vegaslon plutonian: the issue with camera view on vehicles has something to do with sitting if I am correct and the fact that it is using the rotation of whatever prim you sat on
[11:19] Arielle Popstar: terrible slow Vivian Klees
[11:19] Dahlia Trimble is online.
[11:19] Justin Clark-Casey: arielle: So you don't see "Unknown ..."?
[11:19] Arielle Popstar: only in radar and i think in chat
[11:19] logger sewell: Hi Tiffany
[11:19] Justin Clark-Casey: Arielle: okay, one last time, what is the last name following unknown?
[11:20] tommy Arkright: Ahh, so it is more of a physics issue? As the UH60 flys great but hte root prim is center ?
[11:20] tommy Arkright: as compared the Cesna build.
[11:20] tommy Arkright: to the
[11:20] Arielle Popstar: oh sorry, Unknown User
[11:20] Justin Clark-Casey: vegaslon: This might be the issue where opensim doesn't sned correct sim prim informaion to the viewer
[11:20] Justin Clark-Casey: arielle: So just "Unknown User"? Not "Unknown User UMMTGUN" or similar?
[11:20] tommy Arkright: Is their a way around that for now?
[11:20] Arielle Popstar: no
[11:21] Arielle Popstar: just Unknown User
[11:21] Justin Clark-Casey: arielle: okay, that's probably a result of your viewer name cache then
[11:21] Robert Adams: the sit camera being wrong *sometimes* has been a bug for a long time
[11:21] Robert Adams: there must be a race condition with the viewer
[11:21] tommy Arkright: OK, I have our aircraft running great thats the only hickup.
[11:21] Justin Clark-Casey: tommy: Apart from doing all sitting on the root prim, I don't think so
[11:21] Justin Clark-Casey: assuming this is the same issue
[11:21] Arielle Popstar: havent seen Vivian since about 5-6 viewer cache cleans ago
[11:21] tommy Arkright: Yes I have ht eroot under the aircraft, center and sit on that
[11:22] Justin Clark-Casey: ok, so this sounds like some other issue
[11:22] tommy Arkright: but the sit coord. are forward in the cock pit
[11:22] tommy Arkright: the
[11:22] Nebadon Izumi: there is a bug Robert where if you sit on a child prim in a linkset the camera will be wrong
[11:22] Justin Clark-Casey: as robert says, maybe a race if it doesn't happen every time
[11:22] BlueWall Slade: Justin - I saw some of those in testing - I think they were from prim creator data added to the UserManagemnet's cache
[11:22] Nebadon Izumi: only works properly on root prim
[11:22] Charmaine Andersson is online.
[11:22] Justin Clark-Casey: bluewall: what do you mean?
[11:22] tommy Arkright: No its hard to set up, and changes often
[11:22] BlueWall Slade: some of those new tags
[11:22] Justin Clark-Casey: new tags?
[11:23] BlueWall Slade: the unknown user ones you added for debugging
[11:23] Simulator Version v0.5 shouts: OpenSim 0.7.6 Dev          533bbf0: 2013-05-25 02:08:54 +0100 (Unix/Mono)
[11:23] Justin Clark-Casey: bluewall: ok
[11:23] Justin Clark-Casey: one of the issues is that this would show up if there qwere objects on the sim with the uuid as the creator but no creator data
[11:23] Nebadon Izumi: UMMTGUN does look potentially like those export flags
[11:23] Nebadon Izumi: that melanie was working on
[11:24] Justin Clark-Casey: so anybody entering the sim would get "Unknown UserUMMAU"
[11:24] tommy Arkright: Justing if I have UMMTGUN in my friends list is that something?
[11:24] BlueWall Slade: I have had some name collisions I think
[11:24] Justin Clark-Casey: but not UMMTGUN
[11:24] tommy Arkright: Justing
[11:24] tommy Arkright: Justin
[11:24] Justin Clark-Casey: UMMTGUN happens if the name resolution completely failed
[11:24] BlueWall Slade: ohh,ok
[11:24] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: this should be unrelated
[11:25] Justin Clark-Casey: UMMTGUN is an abbreviation which encompasses the class name and then the method name, in order to identifiy which "Unknown User" it is
[11:25] Justin Clark-Casey: what I'm seeing here is an unexpected resolution issue for myself with Fred where I have to think how it could have happened
[11:25] tommy Arkright: Ok, so back to the flight. I have a bunch of us kicking it up a few notches. we are running 100 sims, and have 4 nice aircraft built and flying pretty decent.
[11:26] BlueWall Slade: I see no unknowns today, labels or chat
[11:26] BlueWall Slade: I came after some and before others
[11:26] tommy Arkright: anyone who want to help let me know, the only issue that I am pullin gmy hair out with it the sit/cam issue.
[11:26] Richardus Raymaker: nice flying..
[11:26] Nebadon Izumi: me either i see no unknowns
[11:26] tommy Arkright: Richardus yes, I can show you later what we have built\
[11:26] Nebadon Izumi: only oddity i see is Robert Adams is a cloud
[11:26] tommy Arkright: it so much fun
[11:26] Richardus Raymaker: k
[11:26] Justin Clark-Casey: tommy: so what happens exactly?
[11:27] Robert Adams: Nebadon, Dahlia added the parsing code and BulletSim has been updated to use the mesh asset hull information for physical meshes
[11:27] tommy Arkright: I have the engine working different sounds, propellas, ect
[11:27] BlueWall Slade: tommy Arkright, have you tried setting the camera?
[11:27] Robert Adams: you can now do detailed physics mesh specification
[11:27] Nebadon Izumi: I saw those Robert, i updated Sisyphus, wright plaza is not updated yet though
[11:27] tommy Arkright: Bulletsim is not bad at all (Thank You ROBERT!!!)
[11:27] BlueWall Slade: follow-cam, etc.
[11:28] Robert Adams: I'll do a rebake and see if I uncloud
[11:28] tommy Arkright: The cesnas sit/cam seems to work fine.
[11:28] Justin Clark-Casey: is this sim using mic's appearance changes?
[11:28] tommy Arkright: its the UH60 thats the issue now
[11:28] Justin Clark-Casey: or sounds like the code is just a little too old?
[11:28] Nebadon Izumi: generally if you sit on any prim that is not root prim
[11:28] Nebadon Izumi: expect your camera to get whacked
[11:28] tommy Arkright: Nope sitting on root
[11:29] Nebadon Izumi: i hate that bug i hope it gets fixed
[11:29] tommy Arkright: Me to, Ill dance and buy dinner for who fixes it!!!
[11:29] Robert Adams: a bunch of avatars are fuzzy for me (baked textures not completely downloaded)... don't know what that's all about
[11:29] Nebadon Izumi: i see you now Robert
[11:29] Nebadon Izumi: i see everyone ok now
[11:30] BlueWall Slade: you should be able to set a camera to whatever position you want. Does that not work?
[11:30] tommy Arkright: Robert I have a special OsGrid/Bulletsim aircraft for you with marking :-)
[11:30] Andrew Hellershanks: Does the AutoBackup feature mentioned in OpenSimDefaults.ini work?
[11:30] Justin Clark-Casey: no
[11:30] tommy Arkright: Does not stay.
[11:31] tommy Arkright: Makes me get grumpy.
[11:31] Andrew Hellershanks: justin, bug or not implemented feature?
[11:31] BlueWall Slade: like a follow-cam?
[11:31] Robert Adams: Tiffany, Joe, Dahlia and Arielle are all wearing gray jumpsuits for me.... maybe I will try a relog
[11:31] tommy Arkright: Yes sir
[11:31] Justin Clark-Casey: probably bug. I'm no longer convinced that module should be in core
[11:31] Justin Clark-Casey: robert: which viewer?
[11:31] Arielle Popstar: rebaking robert
[11:31] Andrew Hellershanks: justin, ok. SOmeone was asking me about it. I didn't remember (or never new) there was such a feature.
[11:32] Robert Adams: cool, tommy
[11:32] tommy Arkright: Ok so, will this be fixed in future?
[11:32] Robert Adams: brb... relogging
[11:33] tx Oh: hello
[11:33] Arielle Popstar: Hi Unknown user TX :)
[11:34] Arielle Popstar: wb Robert
[11:34] tx Oh: unknown??? how comes, i logged directly to osgrid
[11:34] Robert Adams: that's better... no more jumpsuits
[11:34] Joe.Radik joe just rebaked textures
[11:34] BlueWall Slade: tx Oh isn't unknown for me
[11:35] Arielle Popstar: he is for me in chat
[11:35] Arielle Popstar: not name tag though
[11:35] BlueWall Slade: justin, I have a questiong about the SmartThreadPool
[11:36] Justin Clark-Casey: bluewalL: go ahead
[11:36] Justin Clark-Casey: fred: did you teleport here or login directly?
[11:36] Charmaine Andersson is offline.
[11:36] Unknown UserUMMTGUN: Teleport (from Fred)
[11:36] Unknown UserUMMTGUN: @justing from OpenVCE9000
[11:36] BlueWall Slade: After it was updated, wehn I am stepping through code in dubug - it jumps randomly into the SmartThreadPool code...
[11:36] Justin Clark-Casey: fred: ok - so from another grid?
[11:36] BlueWall Slade: Somehow it is wrecking the debugger.
[11:37] Robert Adams: justin... fred was unknown before and is still unknown after relog
[11:37] BlueWall Slade: Any ideas about that?
[11:37] tx Oh: /(is there a concurrent user test today?)
[11:37] Justin Clark-Casey: robert: that's because you didn't clear your viewer cache
[11:37] BlueWall Slade: tx Oh, yes
[11:38] Justin Clark-Casey: bluewall: that's odd - the SmartThreadPool.dll is built every time in the opensim build process
[11:38] Justin Clark-Casey: so the debug information should be fine
[11:38] tx Oh: \o/
[11:38] Teravus Ousley:
[11:38] BlueWall Slade: I will need to jump back (bisect) to see if that is exactly what is happening, but that is when I noticed it.
[11:39] BlueWall Slade: yes, the debugger should stay on track. It is very odd.
[11:40] Justin Clark-Casey: fred: is OpenVCE9000 on your home grid or on osgrid?
[11:41] Unknown UserUMMTGUN: @justin, OpenSim 9000 not my home, just a hop on the way here
[11:41] Justin Clark-Casey: ok, thanks fred
[11:41] Justin Clark-Casey: somehow my viewer must have asked for your uuid .> name before the teleport in process had cached it
[11:42] Unknown UserUMMTGUN: I@justin, part of AI Austin setup, think it is a standalone
[11:42] Justin Clark-Casey: but that *ought* to be impossible
[11:42] Justin Clark-Casey: hum
[11:42] Teravus Ousley: ?
[11:43] Teravus Ousley: Mebbe leetle unknown >.>
[11:43] tx Oh: jcc: you are about to trigger the unknown bug?
[11:43] Cuteulala Artis is offline.
[11:43] Justin Clark-Casey: I can't trigger but I saw it for myself today
[11:44] Justin Clark-Casey: with a clear viewr cache, which is the important part
[11:44] Teravus Ousley: bugs are hard to fix when you can't trigger them somehow
[11:44] tommy Arkright: Justin: * 8 Core AMD "Bull Dog" MaxPool Thread??? More than 45 max?
[11:44] Unknown UserUMMTGUN: @justin, I can return or relog if that data would be useful
[11:45] tx Oh: but it sound like a serious hint: "somehow my viewer must have asked for your uuid .> name before the teleport in process had cached it"
[11:45] Justin Clark-Casey: fred: thanks, though not right now
[11:45] Justin Clark-Casey: yes, it is a very good hint
[11:45] Unknown UserUMMTGUN: ok
[11:45] Justin Clark-Casey: now looking through source code trying to think through a scenario in which that could occur
[11:45] Teravus Ousley is making lunch
[11:46] Unknown UserUMMTGUN: @justin, all sims I have visited are 7.6
[11:46] tx Oh had lentil soup
[11:47] Teravus Ousley has an egg + bacon sandwich on an English Muffin
[11:48] Yoshiko Fazuku has the strawberry tart with not so much rat in it...
[11:48] Teravus Ousley isn't sure what sort of food has rat in it
[11:48] Justin Clark-Casey: any more opensim issues today?
[11:48] Andrew Hellershanks: Yoshiko needs better kitchen staff if they are putting any rat in strawberry tarts.
[11:49] Andrew Hellershanks: Problem with groups in 075PF
[11:49] tommy Arkright: Justin: * 8 Core AMD "Bull Dog" MaxPool Thread??? More than 45 max?
[11:49] Andrew Hellershanks: Cant pull up the list of group members or send notices in groups with lots of members.
[11:50] Nebadon Izumi: Will everyone be attending todays load test?
[11:50] Justin Clark-Casey: tommy: probably but I have no guidance on how many you could have
[11:50] tx Oh: but how comes that the server can answer things before they are cached (if the information gets cached anyway) or who else answers the requsted uuid-name tokens
[11:50] Unknown UserUMMTGUN: @ned /me
[11:50] tommy Arkright: OK, Hmmmmm Ill try 100
[11:50] Justin Clark-Casey: tommy: You might also want to try async_call_method = UnsafeQueueUserWorkItem
[11:50] Nebadon Izumi: if you are going to log in multiple avatars please rotate them through the 4 corners
[11:50] Justin Clark-Casey: tommy: windows or mono?
[11:50] tommy Arkright: windows
[11:50] tommy Arkright: 7 pro
[11:51] Nebadon Izumi: ie Avatar 1 : "Keynote 1" , Avatar 2 : "Keynote 2" etc..
[11:51] tommy Arkright: ahhh, maybe you can swing by and visit us.
[11:51] Justin Clark-Casey: tommy: in that case you should definitely try UnsafeQueue... though that does make the maxpool setting redundant
[11:51] tommy Arkright: OK
[11:51] tommy Arkright: cool
[11:51] tommy Arkright: I love you :-)
[11:51] tommy Arkright: LKOL
[11:51] tommy Arkright: LOL
[11:51] Nebadon Izumi: we will do some teleport testing too after everyone gets logged in over there and settled down, make sure you sit your avatar as soon as you arrive
[11:51] Justin Clark-Casey: pff :)
[11:51] Teravus Ousley: Justin CC is pretty cool :)
[11:51] Robert Adams: someone needs to take Justin shopping... the guy doesn't even have shoes
[11:52] tommy Arkright: LOL
[11:52] tommy Arkright: Vegaslon will get him shoes
[11:52] Justin Clark-Casey: I'm the barefoot avatar
[11:52] Andrew Hellershanks: Perhaps he prefer to go barefoot like someone else I know.
[11:52] Richardus Raymaker: still not running on UnsafeQueue, not know the bennefits with it
[11:52] Arielle Popstar: how many avi accounts you shooting for
[11:52] tx Oh: shoes are overrated if you can fly and tp
[11:52] Justin Clark-Casey: On windows it seems better
[11:52] Licu.Rau do we need shoes?
[11:52] Unknown UserUMMTGUN: @neb, is this a HG access?
[11:52] Justin Clark-Casey: and maybe even on mono 2.10 and later, though that needs testing really
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: yes Fred
[11:53] Andrew Hellershanks: I need shoes. Just havent looked for any
[11:53] Nebadon Izumi: the address is 1
[11:53] Pathfinder.Lester has lost more shoes while HG jumping than he cares to remember...
[11:53] Nebadon Izumi: and 2
[11:53] Nebadon Izumi: etc.. etc..
[11:53] Licu.Rau ah robert, if you take your shoes off you will see your feet underground with bulletsim
[11:53] Robert Adams: no shoes, no shirt, no rezzing :)
[11:53] Arielle Popstar: lol
[11:53] Andrew Hellershanks: Licu, that was recently fixed.
[11:53] Licu.Rau ah good
[11:53] Licu.Rau :)
[11:53] Teravus Ousley spots 6 avatars with no shooz
[11:53] Pathfinder.Lester Neb, do you want us to jump now?
[11:54] Arielle Popstar: mesh shoes maybe?
[11:54] Nebadon Izumi: well as soon as we are done here Pathfinder
[11:54] Pathfinder.Lester roger, thanks
[11:54] Robert Adams: I've noticed that, Licu.... standing on prims is different than standing on terrain (oddness)
[11:54] Nebadon Izumi: its ready to go though
[11:55] Robert Adams: just haven't figured out all the oddities in computing the avatar height (between physics, the simulator and the viewer)
[11:55] Richardus Raymaker: i want to coem , but need HG adress
[11:55] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: I notice in "show names" there are quite a few bindings which probably ciome from objects with no creator data
[11:55] Andrew Hellershanks: nebadon, I'll log in two users and leave them there b ut I have to go out in RL after that.
[11:55] tx Oh: hop:// 3/44/44/44 or (44,44,44)
[11:55] Nebadon Izumi: HG Address is : " 1"
[11:55] Teravus Ousley notes that the viewer actually provides an avatar height in current UDP protocol so there isn't much need to calculate what it should be anymore... >.>
[11:56] Andrew Hellershanks: I have to remember how to get to the location
[11:56] tx Oh: (44,44,44)
[11:56] Nebadon Izumi: " 2"
[11:56] tx Oh: (44,44,44)
[11:56] Teravus Ousley: unless we want to second guess it :)
[11:56] Nebadon Izumi: you can teleport directly from here, just put the URL i pasted above into the map search
[11:56] Nebadon Izumi: " 1"
[11:56] Arielle Popstar: udp fallback switch working now?
[11:56] Andrew Hellershanks: Last time I tried TP from here it failed. I had to go to a jump region
[11:57] tx Oh: or just click this one: (44,44,44)
[11:57] Nebadon Izumi: i moved it since then Andrew
[11:57] Nebadon Izumi: its now centered around 7250,7250
[11:57] Andrew Hellershanks: ok
[11:57] Nebadon Izumi: i already have 20 avatars logged in there :)
[11:57] Yoshiko Fazuku: i want to ask if anyone is working on eather replicteing or porting var region size support from aurora to opensim
[11:58] Nebadon Izumi: Yoshiko, no, people have talked about it, but no one is doing it
[11:58] Nebadon Izumi: there are some issues that would need to be figured out
[11:58] Andrew Hellershanks thinks it would be a lot of work.
[11:58] Nebadon Izumi: like how to handle that in grid mode
[11:58] Dahlia Trimble: that doesnt work with all viewers does it?
[11:59] Arielle Popstar: lot do now
[11:59] Richardus Raymaker: thats a good other problem dahlia
[11:59] Teravus Ousley: Not every viewer.. but several do support it now
[11:59] Robert Adams: only a few, Dahlia... Firestorm is one
[11:59] Arielle Popstar: the main ones tht are used do
[11:59] Yoshiko Fazuku: and would it be it mostly works on the few veriwers that support opensim mainly due to the aurorasim peeps wanting it
[11:59] Robert Adams: I think that might be easier to do vs making region crossing smooth
[12:00] Richardus Raymaker: yeah, problem thats V3 viewer. and LL still have not fixt that bug
[12:00] Yoshiko Fazuku: and megaregions are such a bloody hack
[12:00] Nebadon Izumi: ok I think if you are all ready we can start jumping over
[12:00] Nebadon Izumi whispers: :)
[12:00] Justin Clark-Casey: megaregions are just var regions in 256m chunks!
[12:00] Arielle Popstar: hehe
[12:00] Teravus Ousley: heh, a bloody hack.. that works in all viewers.. and is encompassed in a region module :)
[12:01] Dahlia Trimble: megaregions are a bloody cool hack :)
[12:01] Teravus Ousley disclaims that he wrote megaregions...
[12:01] Arielle Popstar: if megas got as much loving as vari will need they wouldnt be a hack
[12:01] Justin Clark-Casey: if megas had explicit viewer support they would work better
[12:01] tommy Arkright: Maga good for flying
[12:01] tommy Arkright: we need it
[12:01] Nebadon Izumi: ok I am jumping over to the test
[12:01] Nebadon Izumi: see you all there :)
[12:01] Richardus Raymaker: well its mega or vari. because normals have bad simnborder crosisng. if you can cross it
[12:01] Justin Clark-Casey: ok
Personal tools
About This Wiki