Chat log from the meeting on 2013-05-14

From OpenSimulator

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
m
m
 
Line 433: Line 433:
 
[12:00] Justin Clark-Casey: alright, time to try
 
[12:00] Justin Clark-Casey: alright, time to try
 
[12:00] Justin Clark-Casey: good luck everyone
 
[12:00] Justin Clark-Casey: good luck everyone
</pre>
 
<pre>
 
[10:59] Teravus Ousley: greets
 
[10:59] Now playing: Farbrausch - fr08 .the .product
 
[10:59] Nebadon Izumi: hello
 
[11:00] BlueWall.Slade @gateway.bluewallvirtual.net:8002: Hi everone
 
[11:00] Andrew Hellershanks: Robert, The stair climbing patch you did was for git master. I'd like to have that in 075PF but one of the BulletSim files patched in master doesn't exist in 075PF.
 
[11:00] logger sewell: hey all
 
[11:00] Robert Adams: which file is that, Andrew?
 
[11:01] Andrew Hellershanks: Robert, BSAvatarActorMove.cs
 
[11:01] Richardus Raymaker: hi bluewall
 
[11:01] BlueWall.Slade @gateway.bluewallvirtual.net:8002: Hi
 
[11:02] Robert Adams: Andrew, that probably means all the actor additions are missing... cherry picking might not be a solution
 
[11:03] Andrew Hellershanks: Robert, no, a cherry pick failed complete. One file that doesn't exist and rejects on all the other changes.
 
[11:03] Robert Adams: a more radical solution would be to take the whole BulletSim tree and drop it in your system (Region/Physics/BulletSPlugin)
 
[11:03] Andrew Hellershanks: Since the one file is missing I can't (at the moment) do a manual patch.
 
[11:03] Andrew Hellershanks: yea, I thought about doing that.
 
[11:03] Robert Adams: BulletSim is fairly independent
 
[11:03] Andrew HellershanksAndrew Hellershanks nods
 
[11:04] Robert Adams: remember to get the DLLs and SOs also... the C++ code changed also
 
[11:04] Teravus Ousley: yay for physics separation
 
[11:04] Andrew Hellershanks: Teravus, indeeed
 
[11:04] Teravus Ousley: (there are some sizable challenges as a result of that separation.. but.. tradeoffs :))
 
[11:04] logger sewell: Hi Kayaker
 
[11:04] Fearghus McMahon: hi everybody
 
[11:04] Kayaker Magic: Hi Logger, everyone!
 
[11:04] Richardus Raymaker: Uhmm iis bullet working on linux ?
 
[11:05] Robert Adams: Richardus, yes but there have been some library dependency problems on some Linux distributions
 
[11:05] Andrew Hellershanks: Richardus, It works as well as BulletSim works. I did do a brief test un der Linux.
 
[11:05] Fearghus McMahon: i got one region running with bulletsim on centos
 
[11:05] Richardus Raymaker: ok. at some point i can check it. right now fighting with desktops :O
 
[11:06] Andrew Hellershanks: yea, there was some thing missing that caused an issue with BulletSim use and Linux/mono
 
[11:06] Nebadon Izumi: Wright Plaza is running Bulletsim
 
[11:06] Richardus Raymaker: well it would be opensuse here
 
[11:06] Richardus Raymaker: hi neb
 
[11:06] Andrew Hellershanks: Linux Mint for me.
 
[11:06] Nebadon Izumi: all of my regions are on OpenSuse
 
[11:06] OtakuMegane Desu: It seems to mostly work when I'vtried it recently. Had to compile it myself though, CentOS 5 doesn't seem to like the default ones
 
[11:06] Nebadon Izumi: i think there may be issues on 32 bit still Robert?
 
[11:06] Nebadon Izumi: or was that fixed?
 
[11:06] Richardus Raymaker: always compile opensim on linux
 
[11:06] Andrew Hellershanks: I could tell you. I'm only running 32-bit Linux
 
[11:06] BlueWall.Slade @gateway.bluewallvirtual.net:8002: probably some of the native system libraries and the bullet dll?
 
[11:06] Richardus Raymaker: 32bit. who is useing that ^^
 
[11:07] OtakuMegane Desu: 32-bit is soo last decade. :P
 
[11:07] Marcus LlewellynMarcus Llewellyn uses 32-bit Linux. :)
 
[11:07] Fred.Appleby @hg.viewtwo.net:8654: Bulletsim good on Fedora 32 and 64 bit
 
[11:07] Nebadon Izumi: well It was broken on 64 bit, then Robert fixed that, and then after that reports came in that 32 bit was broken
 
[11:07] Teravus Ousley: I have a virtual PC on my Mac that uses 32 bit :P
 
[11:07] Nebadon Izumi: are you guys running master git?
 
[11:07] Nebadon Izumi: or latest OSgrid release?
 
[11:07] Andrew Hellershanks: Richardus, I am and will continue to do so until such time as you can run a 64-bit machine without need for any 32-bit libraries.
 
[11:07] Fearghus McMahon: i've never compiled opensim onlinux yet...just using the osgrid download so far
 
[11:07] Nebadon Izumi: this break was very recent
 
[11:08] Fred.Appleby @hg.viewtwo.net:8654: git master here
 
[11:08] Andrew Hellershanks: git master
 
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: ok
 
[11:08] Robert Adams: the glibc libraries have been getting updated recently but the newer version aren't in all distributions yet
 
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: it probably got fixed
 
[11:08] OtakuMegane Desu: I usually run master
 
[11:08] Richardus Raymaker: most i run still 0.7.5 with one 0.7.6dev sandback. but running behind. still setting up things
 
[11:08] Andrew Hellershanks: Robert, which version of glibc?
 
[11:08] Robert Adams: so I have to be careful about libraries needed
 
[11:08] BlueWall.Slade @gateway.bluewallvirtual.net:8002: some distros are slow to change
 
[11:09] Robert Adams: glibc 2.14 has an updated memcpy.... most distributions don't have it yet
 
[11:09] Nebadon Izumi: some distros like OpenSuse 11.4 are no longer being updated
 
[11:09] Andrew Hellershanks: Um... glibc or just glib?
 
[11:09] BlueWall.Slade @gateway.bluewallvirtual.net:8002: people could possibly build the bullet libs from source if they fail
 
[11:09] Nebadon Izumi: its not so easy for me to upgrade either
 
[11:09] Marcus Llewellyn: Debian Stable is often problematic in that fashion.
 
[11:09] Robert Adams: there is also updates to glibcxx (to 3.9, I think)
 
[11:09] BlueWall.Slade @gateway.bluewallvirtual.net:8002: Robert, will it compile on the older ones?
 
[11:09] Richardus Raymaker: well soem hoster that stil serve r11.4 is running behind. start to work with 12,3 myself
 
[11:10] Andrew Hellershanks: I don't have glibc installed on my machine
 
[11:11] Richardus Raymaker: how can i check wich clib is installed ?
 
[11:11] Robert Adams: Bluewall, it does compile on the older ones... my problem is that my build environment keeps linking to the latest-and-greatest then the binaries don't work on the older distributions
 
[11:11] Richardus Raymaker: uhh glib :O
 
[11:11] BlueWall.Slade @gateway.bluewallvirtual.net:8002: Robert, cool. I'm thinking about users's compilting it on their systems in case it fails
 
[11:11] Marcus Llewellyn: Rich: Your distro's package manager might tell you.
 
[11:11] Fearghus McMahon: heya justin
 
[11:12] BlueWall.Slade @gateway.bluewallvirtual.net:8002: I think most people dont' understand the way pinvoke works
 
[11:12] Justin Clark-Casey: hi feargus, folks. sorry I'm late
 
[11:12] Richardus Raymaker: hi justin
 
[11:12] Robert Adams: Bluewall, that works and I know of some who have done that
 
[11:12] BlueWall.Slade @gateway.bluewallvirtual.net:8002: Hi Justin
 
[11:12] BlueWall.Slade @gateway.bluewallvirtual.net:8002: cool, then it's good that there is a workaround
 
[11:13] BlueWall.Slade @gateway.bluewallvirtual.net:8002: Hi Dahlia
 
[11:13] BlueWall.Slade @gateway.bluewallvirtual.net:8002: <--- Materials Girl
 
[11:13] Dahlia Trimble: hi
 
[11:13] Dahlia Trimble: lol
 
[11:14] Teravus Ousley: materials girl.. yes :)
 
[11:14] BlueWall.Slade @gateway.bluewallvirtual.net:8002: will those work on mesh avatars?
 
[11:14] Andrew Hellershanks: Only glibc files I have are part of cross-compilers I have installed.
 
[11:14] Dahlia Trimble: probably
 
[11:14] BlueWall.Slade @gateway.bluewallvirtual.net:8002: woot
 
[11:14] Robert Adams: Justin, what is the state of SOP dynamic properties... are they completed and usable?
 
[11:14] Richardus Raymaker: glibc v2.17-4.4.1 if i have the right one on opensuse 12.3
 
[11:14] Andrew HellershanksAndrew Hellershanks wonders why glibc isn't showing up in Synaptic.
 
[11:14] Dahlia Trimble: I used them
 
[11:14] Justin Clark-Casey: robert: they exist, but they may still need to change in response to actual usage
 
[11:15] Justin Clark-Casey: yes, dahlia has taken the brave step
 
[11:15] Dahlia Trimble: materials are stored there
 
[11:15] Justin Clark-Casey: however, I think any changes will probably relate to how data is stored retrieved rather than data formats
 
[11:15] Andrew Hellershanks: What sort of properties are dynamic?
 
[11:15] Robert Adams: I was going to start using them to store extra physics properties (like user set center-of-mass)
 
[11:15] Marcus Llewellyn: If you apply materials to a mesh avatar, you can't leave your sim, unless you want to reapply the materials every time you return to it or another materials enabled simulator. ;)
 
[11:15] Dahlia Trimble: you can add a OSDMap to a SOP
 
[11:16] Teravus Ousley: haha, anything you don't want to write a database connector and migration for? :D
 
[11:16] Robert Adams: just wondered if you thought the design had settled down or whether they were about to change
 
[11:16] Dahlia Trimble: Marcus, latest version should fix that
 
[11:16] Marcus Llewellyn: Awesome, Dahlia. :)
 
[11:17] Justin Clark-Casey: I think data format change would only occur if actual use found some significant problem with how it's being done at the moment
 
[11:17] Marcus Llewellyn: Are OARs/IARs working with materials too? I saw a commit regarding that. When I tested it, I couldn't get it to work, though.
 
[11:17] Dahlia Trimble: only reason it's "experimental" now is that LL may change it, or if something is not working or changes in dynamic attributes
 
[11:17] Justin Clark-Casey: robert: I think you could probably go ahead and use it
 
[11:17] Dahlia Trimble: we need some rules about naming though
 
[11:17] Robert Adams: are the dynamic properties serialized to the DB and OAR/IAR files?
 
[11:18] Justin Clark-Casey: dahlia: yes
 
[11:18] Justin Clark-Casey: robert: yes. Though if they reference assets then those currently need code in UUIDGatherer to scan and collect them
 
[11:18] Justin Clark-Casey: which I want to make modularizable sometime soon
 
[11:18] Richardus Raymaker: question, soemone fund it and i see it to. why does "land show" only display 252,252,0 as result. also scipt parcel divide seems to go wrong
 
[11:18] BlueWall.Slade @gateway.bluewallvirtual.net:8002: in what way are these different from prim properties?
 
[11:18] Robert Adams: excellent
 
[11:19] Dahlia Trimble: and maybe some rules enforcement, like in a script cant write anything that starts with 'OS:"
 
[11:19] Justin Clark-Casey: best not to store large chunks of data in them though. Largue chunks should probably remain in assets
 
[11:19] Justin Clark-Casey: dahlia: yeah, that might be an idea
 
[11:19] Justin Clark-Casey: dahlia: though I can also imagine an argument for allowing scripts to do that as a communicaton mechanism with modules
 
[11:19] Richardus Raymaker: http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=6608
 
[11:20] Justin Clark-Casey: then you get into the hairness about concurrency
 
[11:20] Dahlia Trimble: ya but modules could read anything
 
[11:20] Robert Adams: the JSONStore is the best inter-script comm system... it has changed events and locking and all that's needed for taht
 
[11:20] Justin Clark-Casey: richardus: not a bug
 
[11:20] Teravus Ousley: I know.. we should have comprehensive permissions trees on every node *wink*
 
[11:20] Justin Clark-Casey: robert: yeah, mic put in a hack to have the SOP dynattrs as the backing store for JSONStore
 
[11:21] Richardus Raymaker: ? ok, justin... still weird..
 
[11:21] Justin Clark-Casey: richardus: minimum land parcel square is 4 meters
 
[11:21] Justin Clark-Casey: richardus: but I see your point, so maybe it's something to consider
 
[11:21] Dahlia Trimble: a scene-level DynAttrs would be kinda cool too :) *hint*
 
[11:22] Richardus Raymaker: someone else found it. only note it.
 
[11:22] Justin Clark-Casey: dahlia: melanie previous put in a key:value store for regions but that's structurally different
 
[11:22] Justin Clark-Casey: I think a dynattrs for scene presence could also be a good idea too
 
[11:22] Robert Adams: Dahlia, at which level? parcel, region, ??
 
[11:22] Dahlia Trimble: oh whats it called?
 
[11:22] Justin Clark-Casey: would allow npc stuff to be stored there, for instance, rather than in parallel data structures
 
[11:22] Dahlia Trimble: at top level of the scene
 
[11:23] Dahlia Trimble: something not tied to any object in the scene
 
[11:23] Robert Adams: 'scene' as in OS simulator level?
 
[11:23] Dahlia Trimble: yes
 
[11:23] Dahlia Trimble: or region level
 
[11:23] Teravus OusleyTeravus Ousley associates 'scene level' with Scene.cs in OpenSim.Region.Framework
 
[11:23] Robert Adams: you can do that with JSONStore.... it can be used just as a named store that scripts can reference
 
[11:24] Dahlia Trimble: I mean a persistant one
 
[11:25] Dahlia Trimble: anyway I didnt really need it, just occured to me while doing the materials stuff that it might be a nice feature
 
[11:26] Justin Clark-Casey: dahlia: look at GetExtraSetting(), StoreExtraSetting(), RemoveExtraSetting() on Scene
 
[11:26] Dahlia Trimble: ty
 
[11:27] Justin Clark-Casey: I am wary of dynamic attributes. It makes things easier than changing the database but I think we need to watch for any efficiency issues
 
[11:27] Justin Clark-Casey: and currently the need to lock the entire structure on any data change is pretty awkward
 
[11:27] BlueWall.Slade @gateway.bluewallvirtual.net:8002: could linq be used with all this?
 
[11:27] Justin Clark-Casey: I don't know
 
[11:28] Justin Clark-Casey: maybe if one were to write the required glue
 
[11:28] Teravus Ousley: we don't really use much linq in opensim :)
 
[11:28] BlueWall.Slade @gateway.bluewallvirtual.net:8002: I'm not an expert on it, I have just come across it a few times
 
[11:28] BlueWall.Slade @gateway.bluewallvirtual.net:8002: seems like a way to make handling data generic
 
[11:28] Dahlia Trimble: justin, what if the locks were in getters and setters?
 
[11:29] Teravus OusleyTeravus Ousley uses it for querying object data collections in work.. but hasn't used it in OpenSimulator.
 
[11:29] Justin Clark-Casey: dahlia: maybe for getting/setting an entire OSDMap, but that would still leave you vulnerable to concurrency issues of changing settings within the map
 
[11:30] BlueWall.Slade @gateway.bluewallvirtual.net:8002: A while back we talked about upping the tools from 3.5
 
[11:30] Justin Clark-Casey: I will do that once the next Debian is released
 
[11:31] BlueWall.Slade @gateway.bluewallvirtual.net:8002: Dahlia ran into an issue with default parameters that would have worked if we were on 4.0
 
[11:31] Dahlia Trimble: lol debian releases are rare
 
[11:31] Justin Clark-Casey: heh, wikipedia is saying may 4th ot 5th 2013 :)
 
[11:31] Teravus Ousley: Maybe, if instead of a single lock on that collection.. there's multiple lock spaces
 
[11:32] Justin Clark-Casey: teravus: yeah, I was thinking along those lines - wanted to see what it looked like under 'real' usage first
 
[11:32] Simulator Version v0.5 shouts: OpenSim 0.7.6 Dev          3ce1981: 2013-04-29 22:21:57 +0100 (Unix/Mono)
 
[11:32] Justin Clark-Casey: another alternative is to have 'dynamic objects' instead of attributes
 
[11:32] Justin Clark-Casey: which get serialized whenever the sop is seralized and deserialized when it's deserialized
 
[11:33] Teravus Ousley: Early optimization is bad :) yes.
 
[11:33] Dahlia Trimble: I saw those but didnt know what they were
 
[11:33] Justin Clark-Casey: that way modules, could deal with first class objects and we concurrency could be simpler, I think
 
[11:33] Robert Adams: BulletSim will have one OSDMap with values that are updated by a region module based on script functions
 
[11:33] Justin Clark-Casey: it's more tomwards the entity:component approach I think
 
[11:33] Teravus Ousley: If we really need to do something about it, we could always implement a 'first letter locking mechanism' hack that.. has a separate lock object for the first letter of the namespace
 
[11:34] Dahlia Trimble: would any object need serialization methods?
 
[11:34] Justin Clark-Casey: dahlia: I was thinking that modules could register for the ser/deser event and handle it however they like
 
[11:34] Dahlia Trimble: oh
 
[11:34] Dahlia Trimble: is that the way it works now?
 
[11:34] Justin Clark-Casey: so they could choose how to use the data to reconstitute objects which they would add to a generic dictionary on sop
 
[11:34] Justin Clark-Casey: dahlia: no
 
[11:34] Justin Clark-Casey: at the moment, on serializatio nwe simply use generic libomv code to serialized the OSDMap
 
[11:35] Dahlia Trimble: I meant on the dynamic objects
 
[11:35] Justin Clark-Casey: dahlia: haven't implemented it yet :)
 
[11:35] Dahlia Trimble: oh thought I saw it in code
 
[11:35] Justin Clark-Casey: it's not nice to do since it involves some adjustment of our existing serialized code
 
[11:35] Justin Clark-Casey: serialization code
 
[11:36] Dahlia Trimble: there was DynAttrs and DynObjects
 
[11:36] Justin Clark-Casey: yeah, haven't completed DynObjects
 
[11:36] Dahlia Trimble: ah ok
 
[11:36] Justin Clark-Casey: but DynAttrs would be continue to be valid
 
[11:36] Justin Clark-Casey: they would remain the persistent store
 
[11:37] Justin Clark-Casey: so when completed it would be backward compatible
 
[11:38] Dahlia Trimble: oh so currently DynObjects stores System.Object references?
 
[11:38] Justin Clark-Casey: dahlia: yes
 
[11:38] Dahlia Trimble: k
 
[11:39] Justin Clark-Casey: I want to look at optimizatio nfor DynAttrs since having an extra DAMap for every SOP may not be trivial
 
[11:39] Justin Clark-Casey: if you have 40000 SOPS for instance, that's an extra 40000 DynAttr objects
 
[11:39] Dahlia Trimble: probably would want an ICOmponent interface that defines a few methods like for serialization and message handling
 
[11:39] Justin Clark-Casey: would be better if they could be null if not used, but that's a little awkward to do I think
 
[11:40] Dahlia Trimble: I dont think OSDMaps use much space if unused
 
[11:40] Justin Clark-Casey: yeah, I need to get a better sense of just how much memory is used by mono/.net oibjcts
 
[11:41] Justin Clark-Casey: never really delved into that space
 
[11:41] Dahlia Trimble: but a null reference for a map might work
 
[11:41] Teravus Ousley: It's fun to keep a lot of texture byte[] references around.
 
[11:41] Justin Clark-Casey: heh
 
[11:42] Dahlia Trimble: are byte[] references?
 
[11:42] Teravus Ousley: The array is a reference
 
[11:43] Dahlia Trimble: Ive seen them get borked when they fall out of a using() scope
 
[11:43] Justin Clark-Casey: anyway, perhaps we should see if there are any other opensimulator questions for the remaining 20 mins
 
[11:43] Justin Clark-Casey: anybody?
 
[11:43] Teravus OusleyTeravus Ousley wakes up people
 
[11:44] Nebadon Izumi: I was able to confirm that objects rezed from tarash
 
[11:44] logger sewell: Justin do have any idea when the 7.6 will be out ?
 
[11:44] Nebadon Izumi: err Trash*
 
[11:44] Justin Clark-Casey: logger: I'm hioping to start the process soon but there are a few issues I want to look at first
 
[11:44] Kayaker Magic: I submitted a Mantisa bout llGetTime() returning negative numbers and numbers in the past, but
 
[11:44] Nebadon Izumi: if you rez an item directly from your trash can, anyone who takes a copy the item goes back to trash can, this is impropper
 
[11:44] Kayaker Magic: I'm waiting to try a newer Mono to see if that fixes it
 
[11:44] Justin Clark-Casey: logger: like exactly why changing the thread pool makes certain issues with ghost avatars go away
 
[11:44] Richardus Raymaker: that bug is very old nebadon.
 
[11:44] logger sewell: ok thanks
 
[11:45] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: back to the rezzer's trashcan?
 
[11:45] Teravus Ousley: negative get time is pretty cool. That sounds like it may have something to do with Environment.Tickcount wraparound
 
[11:45] Justin Clark-Casey: teravus: actually I think it's a mono bug :)
 
[11:45] Richardus Raymaker: think i have seen that trashcan bug between 0.74 and 0.7.5 for first time
 
[11:45] Kayaker Magic: Yeah, the negative time is always just about 3600 seconts in the past
 
[11:45] Justin Clark-Casey: teravus: the same one that was causing diva to see the sun jump around at regular intervals
 
[11:46] Justin Clark-Casey: which was fixed in 2.10.6 or later I think
 
[11:46] Teravus Ousley: oh, nifty.. and here I thought that was a joke that sdague was playing from before :)
 
[11:46] Robert Adams: it's not April 1st
 
[11:46] BlueWall.Slade @gateway.bluewallvirtual.net:8002: 0.0
 
[11:46] Kayaker Magic: I have mono 2.10.6, supposed to be fixed in 2.10.8
 
[11:46] Lani Global: Here is a curiosity... for most of this year, in my inventory, I often see items I created and gave away, but with other people's ownership. Perhaps that is related?
 
[11:46] Nebadon Izumi: no it seems to go to whoever takes its trash
 
[11:47] Nebadon Izumi: even if I send them a copy
 
[11:47] Nebadon Izumi: its not going to objects
 
[11:47] Nebadon Izumi: let me show you
 
[11:47] Teravus Ousley: Could be two things.. could be a stored folder.. or the 'delete object' routine is kicking in and sending it to trash
 
[11:47] Nebadon Izumi: try taking a copy of that red box
 
[11:47] Kayaker Magic: Is Mono 3.0 working with opensim now?
 
[11:48] Justin Clark-Casey: could you name it something other than primitive? :0
 
[11:48] BlueWall.Slade @gateway.bluewallvirtual.net:8002: it went to "My Suitcase"
 
[11:48] Fearghus McMahon: my regions run on mono 3.6 or 7 now i think Kayaker
 
[11:48] Nebadon Izumi: there you go
 
[11:48] Richardus Raymaker: only thing i have seen iand i think its something todo with the --profile --home option in iar / oar that perms got lost when you load it on other place. not sure if thats a bug with HG ?
 
[11:48] Nebadon Izumi: that is not surpising Bluewall. your HG
 
[11:48] Justin Clark-Casey: kayaker: yes, I believe it works well, thuogh still not with the newer garbage collector
 
[11:48] Nebadon Izumi: everything is forced to suitcase
 
[11:48] Teravus Ousley: It ended up in lost and found
 
[11:48] BlueWall.Slade @gateway.bluewallvirtual.net:8002: I wanted to see if it would fail
 
[11:48] Nebadon Izumi: ya it either goes to lost and found
 
[11:49] Nebadon Izumi: or trash
 
[11:49] Nebadon Izumi: it should never do either of those things
 
[11:49] Nebadon Izumi: it should go to objects
 
[11:49] Nebadon Izumi: same thing happens if I send this object to someone
 
[11:49] Nebadon Izumi: they cant find it
 
[11:49] Andrew Hellershanks: I took a copy but it doesn't show up in my inventory
 
[11:49] Richardus Raymaker: it appears in lost & found nebadon
 
[11:49] Nebadon Izumi: ya
 
[11:49] Nebadon Izumi: something very wrong
 
[11:49] Nebadon Izumi: it should always go to Objects
 
[11:49] BlueWall.Slade @gateway.bluewallvirtual.net:8002: Ok, what if you put it in a folder named "Stuff" and the revieving person has a folder named "Stuff" will it go there?
 
[11:49] Richardus Raymaker: but i cant do anything with it. not delete not move
 
[11:50] Andrew Hellershanks: Hm... in Singularity 1.8.0 it shows up in Lost and Found for just a second then disappears.
 
[11:50] Nebadon Izumi: I think something similar happens
 
[11:50] Richardus Raymaker: i use old astra
 
[11:50] Nebadon Izumi: if I rez an object from a folder in my inventory
 
[11:50] Fearghus McMahon: kayaker, only issue i've had was teleporting out of my region would crash it sometimes...but that i have not seen yet with the latest osgrid release
 
[11:50] Nebadon Izumi: and then delete that folder
 
[11:50] Richardus Raymaker: Astra Viewer 1.6.5 (3)
 
[11:50] Andrew Hellershanks: The red cube gets lost completely on a take.
 
[11:50] Nebadon Izumi: ya most of the time no one can find it
 
[11:50] Marcus Llewellyn: Does this also happen with a direct offer of inventory to another person? Is it only objects, or does it occur with other assets such as textures or clothing?
 
[11:51] Nebadon Izumi: but it should be either in one of the 2 places
 
[11:51] Richardus Raymaker: i see it. but no control on it
 
[11:51] Justin Clark-Casey: yeah, I can't find it either. Inventory moves for a moment but then moves back
 
[11:51] Nebadon Izumi: I have only seen this happen with items you can rez
 
[11:51] Nebadon Izumi: objects
 
[11:51] Justin Clark-Casey: I take it this is only stuff retrieved back from trash?
 
[11:51] Andrew Hellershanks: It goes to L&F but then immediately disappears from that folder and a search doesn't turn it up anywhere in inventory.
 
[11:51] Nebadon Izumi: right
 
[11:51] Nebadon Izumi: what starts it is i rez it directly from trash to ground
 
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: then basically from that point on its ruined
 
[11:52] Richardus Raymaker: ANdrew. maby my viewer is buggy i still see it. but i think its gone
 
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: unless i move it to objects
 
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: then rez it again
 
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: that fixes it
 
[11:52] Justin Clark-Casey: does sound like some last rezzed from inventory folder issue
 
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: I am almost certain its been this way for years
 
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: just no ones really said anything about it
 
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: but lately its really getting on my nerves
 
[11:53] BlueWall.Slade @gateway.bluewallvirtual.net:8002: what if the reciever has a folder named the same as the one you take it from?
 
[11:53] Andrew Hellershanks: I think I noticed that in Avination and said something about it there but it was supposed to be the "correct behaviour"
 
[11:53] Nebadon Izumi: i dont think that matters
 
[11:53] Nebadon Izumi: because its all UUID references
 
[11:53] Justin Clark-Casey: none of our rountines rely on folder naming
 
[11:53] Nebadon Izumi: the uuids would never match
 
[11:53] Andrew Hellershanks: to land back in trash.
 
[11:53] Justin Clark-Casey: apart from some iar/oar commands
 
[11:53] BlueWall.Slade @gateway.bluewallvirtual.net:8002: maybe it is looking for "Trash" here, but then goes to "My Suitcase"
 
[11:53] Nebadon Izumi: I think whats happening is the lastfolder uuid is not found
 
[11:53] Nebadon Izumi: so it sends it to lost and found
 
[11:53] Nebadon Izumi: which is wrong
 
[11:54] Richardus Raymaker: nebadon, i think i mentoined that problems month ago already. or soemthing like that. only never seen it so bad as now
 
[11:54] Nebadon Izumi: i am assuming its called lastfolder
 
[11:54] Nebadon Izumi: i have no idea how we reference that
 
[11:54] Justin Clark-Casey: yeah, probably that should get set back to UUID.Zero which I think would trigger it to go in the correct 'type' folder
 
[11:54] Nebadon Izumi: didnt dig that deep
 
[11:54] Justin Clark-Casey: e.g. Objects for objects
 
[11:54] Andrew Hellershanks: hm... Perhaps it is looking for the trash folder based on the UUID of the owner who rezzed it and a folder by the same name may exist in someone elses inventory but they would have a different UUID
 
[11:54] Nebadon Izumi: right
 
[11:54] Nebadon Izumi: that sounds sane Justin
 
[11:55] Justin Clark-Casey: hmm, though that wouldn't work for the original rezzer
 
[11:55] Justin Clark-Casey: so possibly there needs to be code to ignore the last folder if the user is not the object 'owner'
 
[11:55] Nebadon Izumi: well nothing you ever take or receive should ever automatically go to lost and found or trash
 
[11:55] Nebadon Izumi: not ever
 
[11:55] Richardus Raymaker: it would be good if opensim looks what type of object ,texture, photo, objetc and put it there for the new owner
 
[11:56] Nebadon Izumi: only time that happens is if you decline
 
[11:56] Nebadon Izumi: it gets moved there
 
[11:56] Nebadon Izumi: otherwise objects should always go to Objects folder no matter what
 
[11:57] Justin Clark-Casey: bluewall: btw, did you get any further with setting avatar properties via llSetLinkParams() and similar?
 
[11:57] Richardus Raymaker: yes nebadon
 
[11:57] BlueWall.Slade @gateway.bluewallvirtual.net:8002: not much, I have looked into it a couple of times
 
[11:57] Lani Global: I've seen many things I take or copy go to Lost and Found
 
[11:57] Justin Clark-Casey: ok, I might get a chance myself soon, though it's queued behind a bunch of other things
 
[11:57] Justin Clark-Casey: bluewall: don't want to tread on any work you may already have done
 
[11:57] BlueWall.Slade @gateway.bluewallvirtual.net:8002: I see you have mode several things to support it
 
[11:58] Justin Clark-Casey: mode?
 
[11:58] BlueWall.Slade @gateway.bluewallvirtual.net:8002: I have only looked so far
 
[11:58] BlueWall.Slade @gateway.bluewallvirtual.net:8002: Ohh, "made"
 
[11:58] Justin Clark-Casey: yeah, I did clean up a bunch of stuff when doing the get portion
 
[11:59] Justin Clark-Casey: e.g. common routines to get the avatar correctly for a given link number
 
[11:59] BlueWall.Slade @gateway.bluewallvirtual.net:8002: I think you have some methods to get SEO
 
[11:59] BlueWall.Slade @gateway.bluewallvirtual.net:8002: lists of them
 
[11:59] Justin Clark-Casey: search engine optimization?
 
[11:59] BlueWall.Slade @gateway.bluewallvirtual.net:8002: Scene Entity Obj
 
[12:00] BlueWall.Slade @gateway.bluewallvirtual.net:8002: I think
 
[12:00] Andrew Hellershanks: hehe... I was thinking search engine optimization :-)
 
[12:00] Justin Clark-Casey: oh, you mena sop :)
 
[12:00] BlueWall.Slade @gateway.bluewallvirtual.net:8002: the base
 
[12:00] Teravus Ousley: right, the base type
 
[12:00] Justin Clark-Casey: ah, ISceneEntity and similar
 
[12:00] BlueWall.Slade @gateway.bluewallvirtual.net:8002: yes, that
 
[12:00] Justin Clark-Casey: our horrific crappy interface hiearchy :)
 
[12:00] BlueWall.Slade @gateway.bluewallvirtual.net:8002: @.@
 
[12:01] Justin Clark-Casey: ok, I need to go eat. Thanks for the meeting, folks
 
[12:01] BlueWall.Slade @gateway.bluewallvirtual.net:8002: well, that works, but what I didn't want to do is check everything coming through there to from a bottleneck
 
[12:01] Kayaker Magic: Loger, do you know what version of Mono is running on VH?
 
[12:01] BlueWall.Slade @gateway.bluewallvirtual.net:8002: thank you JCC
 
[12:01] Fearghus McMahon: bon appetit Justin
 
[12:01] Robert Adams: bye all
 
[12:01] Teravus Ousley: byese
 
[12:01] Justin Clark-CaseyJustin Clark-Casey waves
 
[12:01] Fearghus McMahon: c ya robert
 
[12:01] BlueWall.Slade @gateway.bluewallvirtual.net:8002: see ya Robert, thanks
 
[12:02] Richardus Raymaker: bye justin
 
[12:02] Andrew Hellershanks: Robert, if 076 is "coming soon", I might as well wait instead of dropping BS from master in to 075PF
 
[12:02] Nebadon Izumi: ya
 
[12:02] Nebadon Izumi: I just also confirmed
 
[12:02] Nebadon Izumi: if you rez an object from a folder
 
[12:02] Nebadon Izumi: then delete that folder
 
[12:02] Lani Global: thank you Justin!
 
[12:02] Nebadon Izumi: and take a copy of that item it goes to trash or lost and found also
 
[12:03] Nebadon Izumi: major borkage
 
[12:03] Nebadon Izumi: no wonder this is happening so much
 
[12:03] BlueWall.Slade @gateway.bluewallvirtual.net:8002: that makes sense
 
[12:03] BlueWall.Slade @gateway.bluewallvirtual.net:8002: I mean, it shouldn't do that
 
[12:03] Fred.Appleby @hg.viewtwo.net:8654: Dahlia: the latest group offerings have group chat working, provided your all on the same sim. That was tested in a HG ebvironment
 
[12:03] BlueWall.Slade @gateway.bluewallvirtual.net:8002: but at least it's a repro
 
 
</pre>
 
</pre>
  
  
 
[[Category:Office Hour Logs]]
 
[[Category:Office Hour Logs]]

Latest revision as of 21:07, 24 October 2015

[11:02] Erkunder1965 Test1: oh suche ich später im Netz
[11:02] Richardus Raymaker: never seen this error before "did not find presence before time-out
[11:02] Andrew Hellershanks is online.
[11:03] Erkunder1965 Test1: schreibe ich mier auf erst hatte viel mühe meine figur wieder her zu stellen
[11:03] Justin Clark-Casey: hello folks
[11:03] BlueWall Slade: hello
[11:03] Equus Staedler: Hi
[11:03] Chrisx Vortex: hi
[11:03] Arielle Popstar: Hi Justin
[11:03] Dahlia Trimble is online.
[11:03] Richardus Raymaker: hi justin
[11:03] Andrew Hellershanks: Hello, everyone
[11:03] tx Oh: hi justin
[11:03] BlueWall Slade: hello
[11:03] Arielle Popstar: Hi Andrew
[11:03] tx Oh: hello all :-)
[11:04] Nebadon Izumi: hello
[11:04] Arielle Popstar: Hi Tx and Neb
[11:05] Richardus Raymaker is online.
[11:05] Arielle Popstar: still planning the test for a\fter the meeting Neb?
[11:06] Erkunder1965 Test1: so aufgeschrieben meine Nerven wegen Figur ziemlich zerfetzt gewesen mann steht vohr anderen als dum da wenn mann es nicht schaft u als Kröhnung auch noch viewerzusammenbruch gehabt
[11:06] BlueWall Slade: Hi Teravus
[11:06] Teravus Ousley: Hello
[11:06] Justin Clark-Casey doesn't have his headset plugged in yet :)
[11:06] vegaslon plutonian: wow that is the first time that has worked for me in osgrid
[11:06] Fly Man: You're not missing anything :)
[11:07] Equus Staedler: Heard fine
[11:07] Andrew Hellershanks: why do you need a headset for a meeting that uses typed text?
[11:07] Chrisx Vortex: lol
[11:07] Fly Man laughs at Ter
[11:07] tx Oh: headset? is this meeting with voice?
[11:07] Equus Staedler: I am not :)
[11:07] Justin Clark-Casey: no, primary channel is text
[11:07] Fly Man: Sure Teravus, you should make jingles for Radio :D
[11:07] Teravus Ousley: No, voice is just back channel talk.
[11:07] Andrew Hellershanks: vegas, first time what worked for ou?
[11:07] vegaslon plutonian: voice
[11:08] Teravus Ousley: Nothing pertinent to the meeting
[11:08] BlueWall Slade: librravox?
[11:08] Fly Man: Ahh, Robert is here as well
[11:08] Dahlia Trimble is offline.
[11:08] Fly Man smiles
[11:09] Richardus Raymaker is offline.
[11:09] Nebadon Izumi: i am still prepping for the load test
[11:09] Nebadon Izumi: sorry if I am a bit quiet
[11:09] Richardus Raymaker is offline.
[11:09] Richardus Raymaker is online.
[11:10] BlueWall Slade: ++
[11:10] Robert Adams: hello all
[11:10] Erkunder1965 Test1: Unterhältst du dich gerade mit anderen Artist ??
[11:10] Nebadon Izumi: hello Robert
[11:10] BlueWall Slade: ++
[11:10] Erkunder1965 Test1: bin ich zu lesen ??
[11:10] BlueWall Slade: hello
[11:10] Arielle Popstar: Hi Robert
[11:10] Justin Clark-Casey: well, seeing the inactive connections problm here today and that is with QueueUserWorkItem
[11:10] Justin Clark-Casey: ugh
[11:10] Richardus Raymaker: nice watre sim :)
[11:11] Kayaker Magic: Well here's a question to start things off: If I see a chair on the other side of a sim crossing, and sit on it, things don't work well. Is that expected?
[11:11] Richardus Raymaker is offline.
[11:11] Dahlia Trimble is offline.
[11:11] Justin Clark-Casey: kayaker: almost certainly
[11:11] Nebadon Izumi: yes Kayaker
[11:11] Nebadon Izumi: i would suggest no doing that heh
[11:11] Robert Adams: there is something odd with scripts/messages and the thread stuff... not sure when it started
[11:11] Nebadon Izumi: not*
[11:11] Richardus Raymaker is online.
[11:11] Justin Clark-Casey: hmm, though interesting it is going away
[11:12] Justin Clark-Casey: robert: what do you mean?
[11:12] Kayaker Magic: AVN and InWorld claim to have sim crossings working, at least for vehicles. What are they doing different?
[11:12] Dahlia Trimble is online.
[11:12] Justin Clark-Casey: I have no idea
[11:12] Teravus Ousley: Kayaker: They programmed that functionality for themselves
[11:12] Nebadon Izumi: cant say what Inworld is doing they dont share any code
[11:12] Robert Adams: various code fixes that we haven't done
[11:12] BlueWall Slade: yesh, STP seems to take over debugging lately.
[11:12] Nebadon Izumi: Avination has written the code, and will commit it at some point
[11:12] Richardus Raymaker: ok. dont get a failed TP :O
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: those kind of merges take time
[11:13] Richardus Raymaker: nice robert.
[11:13] Justin Clark-Casey: richardus: so you did get here?
[11:13] Richardus Raymaker: well, as long i have it switched to other conenction. the broken one gave probl;ems
[11:14] Richardus Raymaker: flashing my router back to orginal foirmware
[11:14] Dahlia Trimble is offline.
[11:14] Justin Clark-Casey: richardus: you mean a different avatar?
[11:14] Fly Man: sim crossing
[11:14] Richardus Raymaker: no, same avatar. different ip
[11:14] Justin Clark-Casey: uhhhh, that's odd
[11:14] Fly Man: What did you flash the router with ?
[11:14] Fly Man: DRT?
[11:15] Robert Adams: there is some extra state that must be passed with the avatar when it crosses...
[11:15] Richardus Raymaker: dd-wrt, yes. but i cant reach the test sim with that
[11:15] Dahlia Trimble is online.
[11:15] Fly Man: Richard, that's a known issue
[11:15] Robert Adams: currently velocity is passed (so flying is a little smoother) but sitting state is not passed
[11:15] Fly Man: it improves the Wifi but break a lot of the internal loopbacking
[11:15] Arielle Popstar: issue with dd wrt
[11:15] Arielle Popstar: newer versions
[11:16] Richardus Raymaker: lol, and wifi is the part i neve ruse
[11:16] Fly Man: There is work being done on it
[11:16] Robert Adams: the vehicle state should also be passed... most vehicle scripts look for the region change event and have to reset everything
[11:16] Richardus Raymaker: but tomato i cant get installed. no *.chk
[11:16] Dahlia Trimble: hi
[11:16] Fly Man: but so far, no results have been posted
[11:16] Teravus Ousley: Hi Dahlia
[11:16] BlueWall Slade: hi dahlia
[11:16] Arielle Popstar: Hi Dahlia
[11:16] Richardus Raymaker: hi dahlia
[11:16] Fly Man: Aloha Dahlia
[11:17] Dahlia Trimble: oou lots of his today :)
[11:17] Robert Adams: I hear a Teravus voice :)
[11:17] Fly Man: yeah, loadtest later
[11:17] Fly Man: when Neb gets it setup
[11:17] Andrew Hellershanks: I've been thinking of going with OpenWRT for my router. dd-wrt is going commercial.
[11:17] Robert Adams: is there a load test?
[11:18] Robert Adams must have missed the memo
[11:18] Fly Man: Robert: Nebadon on Twitter: I will be performing a large load test tommorow and need volunteers to connect, more info here : https://t.co/55cu1rr2Hr #opensimulator
[11:19] Fly Man: Typing would work
[11:19] Fly Man: as some have no voice
[11:19] Andrew Hellershanks: Oh. I don't do twitter so I didn't see the message.
[11:19] Justin Clark-Casey: Please type any questions
[11:19] Justin Clark-Casey: voice is the back channel
[11:19] Chrisx Vortex: i keep seeing weird random characters below usernames, is that viewer side or server side?
[11:20] Equus Staedler: Same here
[11:20] Fly Man: ChrisX, kinda like _ and other symbols ?
[11:20] Equus Staedler: On FS
[11:20] Teravus Ousley hasn't seen that
[11:20] Chrisx Vortex: more like (??D??YJM?II5????)
[11:20] Chrisx Vortex: yea im using firestorm OS
[11:20] Arielle Popstar: different fonts between between FS and Sing i thought it was
[11:21] Fly Man: Hmm, don't see those
[11:21] Andrew Hellershanks just realized he didn't have voice chat enabled in this viewer
[11:21] Teravus Ousley: Firestorm 4.2.2 (29837) Aug 27 2012 19:20:05 (Firestorm-Release)
[11:21] Fly Man: but I don't see any Display Names either
[11:21] Teravus Ousley: That's what I'm using.. Right now
[11:21] Arielle Popstar: i see it on Chrisx, Tea\ravus, Master, Robert
[11:21] Teravus Ousley: .. not seeing it with that. US/English
[11:21] Justin Clark-Casey: their names look fine to me
[11:21] Chrisx Vortex: ok thnx, must be FS 4.4
[11:21] Andrew Hellershanks: I see the odd characters too and I don't have display names enabled AFAIK
[11:21] Justin Clark-Casey: using older fs 4.3.1 still
[11:22] Cuteulala Artis is offline.
[11:22] Fly Man: ChrisX, I think it's best to report it to the FS team as well
[11:22] Andrew Hellershanks: Chrisx, Equus, Teravus, and Master all have the same mess under their names.
[11:22] Chrisx Vortex: i will be thnx, just wanted to know if it was os or fs since it doesnt happen to me in sl
[11:23] Equus Staedler: Always assumed it was FS4.4.0
[11:23] Fly Man: Teravus uses the older FS and doesn't see it
[11:23] Fly Man: ChrisX uses the current and notices it
[11:24] Andrew Hellershanks: I see it here and I'm running Singularity 1.8.0
[11:24] Fred.Appleby @hg.viewtwo.net:8654: When creating a prim with an avatar that is the owner of a group, the prim inherits the group. Is that expected behaviour?
[11:24] Arielle Popstar: i see it on Teravus
[11:24] Arielle Popstar: but not Justin
[11:24] Fly Man: Fred, depends on settings in your viewer sometimes
[11:24] Justin Clark-Casey: Fred: that is expected behaviour
[11:24] Fred.Appleby @hg.viewtwo.net:8654: behavior
[11:24] BlueWall Slade: fred - it is
[11:24] Fly Man: Some viewers have the option to rezz / build things with the group you wearing
[11:24] Fred.Appleby @hg.viewtwo.net:8654: thank you
[11:25] Kayaker Magic: The prim gets the group the avatar has active at the time
[11:25] Fred.Appleby @hg.viewtwo.net:8654: don't understand the logic
[11:25] Andrew Hellershanks: Arielle, Justin's floating text is ok but his name is in orange. The affected users floating text is in Red.
[11:25] Arielle Popstar: isnt it usually off by default though?
[11:25] BlueWall Slade: if you are building on group land, you need those prims to belong to the group
[11:25] Fly Man: Arielle, some viewers have it on by default
[11:25] BlueWall Slade: hmm, I didn't know that you could set it.
[11:25] Equus Staedler: Colours depend on viewer used for that user
[11:25] Andrew Hellershanks: IIRC, rezzed prims inherit the active group of the avatar.
[11:26] Fly Man: BlueWall, it's the setting called:
[11:26] Andrew Hellershanks: Equus, right. Phoenix/Firestorm viewers use Red IIRC
[11:26] Fly Man: "Always rezz objects as land group when available"
[11:26] Teravus Ousley: but just because it inherits the group, doesn't make it group owned, right?
[11:26] Equus Staedler: Yep
[11:27] BlueWall Slade: I think it's not deeded to the group
[11:27] Fly Man: It will have the owner name set, group name set but not deeded
[11:28] Andrew Hellershanks: No one has been talking so you didn't miss anything, mysterious voice
[11:28] Teravus Ousley: hehe, ok
[11:29] Justin Clark-Casey is looking at other screens simultaneously
[11:29] Andrew Hellershanks: Teravus, has that been you? Your voice reminds me a bit of Rod Serling.
[11:29] Arielle Popstar: i always seem to get tossed to a chasnnel by myself on voice
[11:29] Justin Clark-Casey: inactive connections are now going away but only after some timeout and a huge disconnect spew
[11:29] Justin Clark-Casey: interesting
[11:29] Arielle Popstar: channel^
[11:29] Teravus Ousley: There is a minor conversation going on in the iRC channel
[11:30] Fred.Appleby @hg.viewtwo.net:8654: The opensim console provides information about the user logging into the sim, including the mac address. It would be nice if that information was also available for HG visitors.
[11:30] Fly Man: Robert, I saw that you added the possibility to check for the height of the avatar. Does this mean we won't be seeing "floating" avatars anymore ?
[11:31] Justin Clark-Casey: hi walter: I see you had a lot of trouible logging in to this sim?
[11:31] Walter.Balazic @lfgrid.com:8002: yes
[11:32] Walter.Balazic @lfgrid.com:8002: finally gave up and HG over
[11:32] Walter.Balazic @lfgrid.com:8002: and hello Justin
[11:32] Justin Clark-Casey: were you coninutously trying?
[11:32] Walter.Balazic @lfgrid.com:8002: yep
[11:32] Walter.Balazic @lfgrid.com:8002: from LBSA
[11:32] Walter.Balazic @lfgrid.com:8002: from main login
[11:32] Walter.Balazic @lfgrid.com:8002: timed out
[11:32] Walter.Balazic @lfgrid.com:8002: this was the only way to get here
[11:32] Justin Clark-Casey: ok, it was the inactive connection problem. But now it appears that it eventually does get cleaned up after a big spew
[11:32] Unknown User: and HGing takes about a minute...
[11:32] Justin Clark-Casey: walter: I would predict you can get here with your normal login now
[11:32] Walter.Balazic @lfgrid.com:8002: ok
[11:33] Walter.Balazic @lfgrid.com:8002: no biggie :)
[11:33] Walter.Balazic @lfgrid.com:8002: didn't mean to interrupt
[11:33] Justin Clark-Casey: it's a bad problem - but this is a good clue
[11:33] Justin Clark-Casey: I wonder if it was doing the same with STP thouigh, or whether for some reason that one never times out
[11:33] Ai Austin is online.
[11:33] Andrew Hellershanks: bbiab.
[11:34] Justin Clark-Casey: on the what?
[11:34] Fly Man: The Q is: Can you get the macaddress on the console for HG visitors
[11:34] Arielle Popstar: guess STP is not the motor oil ;)
[11:34] Justin Clark-Casey: my voice isn't working
[11:34] Justin Clark-Casey: probably having a prioblem with my active skype again
[11:34] Justin Clark-Casey: arielle: SmartThreadPool
[11:34] Arielle Popstar: ahh :)P
[11:35] Ai Austin: Hello folks
[11:35] Teravus Ousley: I hear stuff coming from your Mic Justincc, fyi
[11:35] Justin Clark-Casey: fly: I'm sure, though it's not up on my priority list
[11:35] Fly Man: Justin: [11:30] Fred.Appleby @hg.viewtwo.net: The opensim console provides information about the user logging into the sim, including the mac address. It would be nice if that information was also available for HG visitors.
[11:35] Arielle Popstar: Hi Ai
[11:35] Ai Austin: I am a bit grey this evening
[11:35] BlueWall Slade: we should look at using the mac address to authorize incoming avatars that originate on the local lan...
[11:35] BlueWall Slade: to get around the public/private ip
[11:35] tx.Oh @gridhop.net:18002: re
[11:35] Fly Man: Skype always fights with Vivox :D
[11:35] Arielle Popstar: oh that would be nice Blue
[11:36] Justin Clark-Casey: fly: one would just need to find a point where it's available and log it I guess
[11:36] Justin Clark-Casey: hi sarah
[11:36] Sarah Kline: hi Justin )
[11:36] tx.Oh @gridhop.net:18002: i hope i'm not the unknown user :-)
[11:36] Justin Clark-Casey: sarah: you had a lot of trouble teleporting here today?
[11:37] Fly Man: BlueWall, what would be the instant gain from checking that a user is coming from the local side ?
[11:37] Sarah Kline: lol yes
[11:37] Arielle Popstar: not si9nce you came back TX
[11:37] Richardus Raymaker: justin, my tyeleport broke after i tried to TP to other sim.
[11:37] Justin Clark-Casey: sarah: but it eventually succeeded?
[11:37] Fly Man: Robert, I saw that you added the possibility to check for the height of the avatar. Does this mean we won't be seeing "floating" avatars anymore ?
[11:38] Sarah Kline: yes I logged in here direct again
[11:38] Robert Adams: Fly Man: it is supposed to fix that. It can also be tuned through INI file parameters. Documentation at the bottom of http://opensimulator.org/wiki/BulletSim
[11:38] Arielle Popstar tries to nudge Robert awake
[11:39] Justin Clark-Casey: sarah: so it worked when you logged in direct?
[11:39] Justin Clark-Casey: but failed all previous times?
[11:39] Justin Clark-Casey: or were there any failures with the direct login?
[11:39] Robert Adams: I notice Nebadon is off the ground. Are we running with those fixes?
[11:39] Sarah Kline: first time I was rooted to the spot but could see region activity
[11:39] Arielle Popstar: he looks firmly planted to me
[11:39] Fly Man: Robert, thanks, good to know :)
[11:39] Justin Clark-Casey: robert: how can you tell?
[11:40] tx.Oh @gridhop.net:18002: bulletsim: i can't get reliable results when i like to get linked prims physical
[11:40] Justin Clark-Casey: sarah: ok
[11:40] Fly Man: Neb looks to be doing his flying trick
[11:40] Richardus Raymaker: thts not just the sero offset problem LL have to ?
[11:40] Robert Adams: I tuned it so the default avatar stands on the ground about right
[11:40] Sarah Kline: logged on to sandbox..tp to Lbsa then tried to get here and it said i did not exist on grid
[11:40] Fly Man: as he's 0,5 cm from the ground
[11:40] Sarah Kline: so logged back on here directly
[11:40] Justin Clark-Casey: sarah: I can see the attempst on the console
[11:40] Justin Clark-Casey: then for some reason there's a massive spew and the broken connection finally goes away
[11:40] Justin Clark-Casey: it's the broken connection that was stopping the teleport
[11:40] Robert Adams: tx: what doesn't work reliably?
[11:41] Teravus Ousley: physical reliability
[11:41] Sarah Kline: yes had that before
[11:41] Teravus Ousley: " tx.Oh @gridhop.net:18002: bulletsim: i can't get reliable results when i like to get linked prims physical"
[11:41] Sarah Kline: fails to register presence
[11:42] tx.Oh @gridhop.net:18002: robert: i link to prims together, toggle the physics to on and they are not physical
[11:42] Justin Clark-Casey: sarah: where do you see that message, on the log of the source sim?
[11:42] tx.Oh @gridhop.net:18002: two
[11:42] Sarah Kline: on the viewer when i try to tp
[11:42] Sarah Kline: dialog
[11:42] Samira Samtanko: hi
[11:42] Justin Clark-Casey: sarah: do you have scripted attachments?
[11:43] Sarah Kline: no
[11:43] Justin Clark-Casey: same question to walter and tx: do you have scripted attachments?
[11:43] tx.Oh @gridhop.net:18002: i had similar problems to come back, so i decided to hg here
[11:43] Robert Adams: tx: if you have an example I will look into it
[11:43] Justin Clark-Casey: hmmm, that's very interesting
[11:43] Arielle Popstar: Robert, were you able to look at the vehicle passenger rubber banding issue?
[11:43] Sarah Kline: its rare that it happens Justin
[11:43] BlueWall Slade: afk...
[11:43] Justin Clark-Casey: it happened to 3 ppl today, but I always thought it was likely to be connected with scripted attachments
[11:44] Robert Adams: Arielle: haven't yet
[11:44] Arielle Popstar: ok
[11:44] Nebadon Izumi: ok almost ready for load test :)
[11:44] tx.Oh @gridhop.net:18002: robert: sure i have, it's just two normal prim blocks i create, link them together and toggle physics on: nothing happened
[11:45] Sarah Kline: load test here or?
[11:45] Fly Man: And in 15 mins the Eurovision Song Contest starts
[11:45] Ai Austin burts into song
[11:45] Equus Staedler: Yiks
[11:45] Ai Austin: *or burst
[11:45] Richardus Raymaker: you going to sing fly :) ^^
[11:45] tx.Oh @gridhop.net:18002: eurovision song contest? on a tuesday??
[11:46] Ai Austin: For nthe US folksw.. its an institution in Europe
[11:46] Equus Staedler: On all the time it seem...
[11:46] Ai Austin: very cheesy
[11:46] Fred.Appleby @hg.viewtwo.net:8654: USA lucky in that respect
[11:46] Equus Staedler: Sweden is infested with it
[11:46] Fly Man: Richard, no
[11:46] Sarah Kline: Terry Wogan is ace
[11:46] Fly Man: But a lovely lady from Ireland is singing
[11:46] Fly Man: which is at 21:41
[11:47] tx.Oh @gridhop.net:18002: eurovision song contest is really one of the biggest tv events
[11:47] Justin Clark-Casey: I had completely failed to hear that eurovisio nwas on
[11:47] Sarah Kline: lol suspense
[11:47] Ai Austin: Lordi! superb. better than the Beatles - just kidding
[11:47] Teravus Ousley: heh
[11:47] Nebadon Izumi: load test is another grid
[11:48] Nebadon Izumi: we will be hypergridding there
[11:48] Nebadon Izumi: when you get there find a seat and sit down
[11:48] Ai Austin: Intel DSG involved Nebadon?
[11:48] tx.Oh @gridhop.net:18002: what grid is this?
[11:48] Chrisx Vortex: i wont be going sorry, got work to get to
[11:48] Nebadon Izumi: no DSK
[11:48] Nebadon Izumi: no DSG
[11:48] Nebadon Izumi: its a grid for opensimulator.org
[11:48] Arielle Popstar: 200 on a regular region?
[11:48] tx.Oh @gridhop.net:18002: wow
[11:48] Ai Austin la la la
[11:48] tx.Oh @gridhop.net:18002: opensimulator gets its own grid!
[11:49] Justin Clark-Casey: it's a temporary grid
[11:49] Andrew Hellershanks: I'm back
[11:49] Sarah Kline: oh were not going to be replaced
[11:49] Fred.Appleby @hg.viewtwo.net:8654: well I can hear todays commentary ok
[11:49] Fly Man: Teravus: Are you feeling lucky PUNK! :P
[11:50] Fly Man: Yes
[11:50] Fly Man: Agree
[11:50] Justin Clark-Casey: alright, well this feels like it's been pretty chaotic today
[11:50] tx.Oh @gridhop.net:18002: there is no song contest today
[11:50] Ai Austin: We are all always lucky to be in openSim
[11:50] Teravus Ousley: hehe
[11:50] Justin Clark-Casey: any OpenSimulator questios for the last 10 mins?
[11:50] Fly Man: tx, there is the semi-finals
[11:50] Teravus Ousley: OpenSim questions?
[11:50] tx.Oh @gridhop.net:18002: ah, ok
[11:50] Ai Austin: sorry Justin.. getting silly as its a Eurovision night
[11:50] Simulator Version v0.5 shouts: OpenSim 0.7.6 Dev          c86e828: 2013-05-13 13:30:44 -0700 (Unix/Mono)
[11:50] Chrisx Vortex: i got another one sorry and it relates to DTLNSL if thats ok
[11:51] Ai Austin: Is the load etst using Intel DSG?
[11:51] Justin Clark-Casey: dtlnsl?
[11:51] Nebadon Izumi: we can always head over a little early
[11:51] Nebadon Izumi: if there are no more questions
[11:51] Justin Clark-Casey: ai: no
[11:51] Arielle Popstar: money module?
[11:51] Fly Man: DTLNSL => Alternative Currency
[11:51] Chrisx Vortex: yea the money mod
[11:51] Teravus Ousley: I'm not sure what DTNNSL is
[11:51] Dahlia Trimble heads out for a bit before the load test... bye all :)
[11:51] Unknown User: Neb: are you HTTP load balancing at the region level?
[11:51] Ai Austin: okay. just standard setup but a powerful server?
[11:51] Justin Clark-Casey: chrisx: worth asking but I'm not sure how much help there will be
[11:51] Nebadon Izumi: we are not doing anything particularly special
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: it is a 4 corner region test
[11:52] Justin Clark-Casey: I think that code might have fallen behind current OpenSimulator
[11:52] Ai Austin: got it. thanks
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: to see how many avatars we could get into a 4 corner conference
[11:52] tx.Oh @gridhop.net:18002: it's so exciting
[11:52] Sarah Kline: like LL do
[11:52] Chrisx Vortex: is there a website that tells me what is being requested for buying land cuz i cant get that part to work on my grid
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: if you have alts please send them over as well
[11:52] Ai Austin: WE did a 4 grid with around 220 avatars
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: but do not bring there here
[11:52] Arielle Popstar: so there will be 4 different addresses or does it auto place incoming?
[11:52] Justin Clark-Casey: I think we predict a fiery death
[11:52] Ai Austin: 4 region I meant in SL
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: teleport them from another region
[11:52] Dahlia Trimble is offline.
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: we already have enough avatars in Wright plaza
[11:52] Fearghus McMahon: hi all
[11:52] Fly Man: ChrisX, short answer: No
[11:53] Nebadon Izumi: are we ready to get started? did anyone have any more questions?
[11:53] Chrisx Vortex: great thnx fly man, gotta just wing it then
[11:53] Fly Man: ChrisX, my advice is to trace the connection and figure the XMLRPC call
[11:53] Ai Austin: we used text chat relays to cover the whole 4 corner amphitheater which is in teh OpenVCE asset set (OAR)
[11:53] Dahlia Trimble is online.
[11:53] Pathfinder.Lester @pathlandia.dlinkddns.com:9000 puts on asbestos underwear and gets ready
[11:53] Nebadon Izumi: chat over border works now Ai
[11:53] Ai Austin whispers: here is my helmet?
[11:53] tx.Oh @gridhop.net:18002: huhu pathfinder
[11:53] Ai Austin: but 30m range?
[11:53] Ai Austin: or did you widen it?
[11:54] Arielle Popstar: dea on the asbestos suit Pathfinder :)
[11:54] Arielle Popstar: good idea^
[11:54] Chrisx Vortex: gotta go thnx for the help
[11:54] Ai Austin: 20m I guess actuyally
[11:54] Nebadon Izumi: well today isnt about testing the chat
[11:54] Pathfinder.Lester @pathlandia.dlinkddns.com:9000: :)
[11:54] Nebadon Izumi: its more about testing the load
[11:54] Nebadon Izumi: but no i did not extend the chat range for this test
[11:54] Andrew Hellershanks: Chrisx, I think there is/was a problem with buying land.
[11:55] Justin Clark-Casey: not sure one necessarily wants to extend the chat range in this scenario
[11:55] Justin Clark-Casey: though I guess maybe I'm wrong
[11:55] Robert Adams: are you going to tell us where to go, Nebadon?
[11:55] Justin Clark-Casey: urgh, weaselling :)
[11:55] Justin Clark-Casey: is voice enabled on those regions, I presume not?
[11:56] Justin Clark-Casey: I myself might have 5 mins but then unfortunatley have an unmoveable sched clash
[11:56] Nebadon Izumi: no
[11:56] Sarah Kline: eurovision lol
[11:56] Nebadon Izumi: no voice either for this test
[11:56] Fly Man grins
[11:56] Nebadon Izumi: ok here we go
[11:56] Justin Clark-Casey: ok
[11:56] Fred.Appleby @hg.viewtwo.net:8654: middle mouse button works to activate voice...
[11:56] Nebadon Izumi: the HG url is http://cc.opensimulator.org:8002
[11:56] Ai Austin: Do we have the URL somewhere in chat yet?
[11:57] Richardus Raymaker: by justin
[11:57] Ai Austin: ah there it is
[11:57] Andrew Hellershanks: A grid I help with that is running 075PF has had issues with selling land.
[11:57] Nebadon Izumi: if that region is full and you get denied there are 4 regions
[11:57] Ai Austin: Okay I am off there
[11:57] tx.Oh @gridhop.net:18002: there must be a region name
[11:57] Justin Clark-Casey: what are the av limits?
[11:57] Nebadon Izumi: http://cc.opensimulator.org:8002:Avacon 1
[11:57] Justin Clark-Casey: on each region. 40?
[11:57] Nebadon Izumi: http://cc.opensimulator.org:8002:Avacon 2
[11:57] Nebadon Izumi: http://cc.opensimulator.org:8002:Avacon 3
[11:57] Nebadon Izumi: http://cc.opensimulator.org:8002:Avacon 4
[11:57] tx.Oh @gridhop.net:18002: this is not a valig hg url
[11:57] Nebadon Izumi: 50 each
[11:57] Pathfinder.Lester @pathlandia.dlinkddns.com:9000: off I go!
[11:57] Unknown User: see you there
[11:57] Teravus Ousley: I typically do http://cc.opensimulator.org:8002 "Avacon 4"
[11:58] tx.Oh @gridhop.net:18002: cc.opensimulator.org (44,44,44)
[11:58] Teravus Ousley: without the extra colon
[11:58] Robert Adams: those aren't connected to OSGrid, Nebadon?
[11:58] Second Life: Region found!
[11:58] Second Life: Region found!
[11:59] Andrew Hellershanks: We are heading to Avacon now?
[11:59] Robert Adams: I don't find them on the map
[11:59] Justin Clark-Casey is going to wait until the meeting finishes :)
[11:59] Justin Clark-Casey: in a minute
[11:59] Justin Clark-Casey: "cc.opensimulator.org:8002:avacon 1"?
[11:59] Robert Adams: how do we get there?
[11:59] Arielle Popstar: remove the http for map search
[11:59] Andrew Hellershanks: yeah, no avacon regions here
[11:59] Justin Clark-Casey: this is what I'm tying into the main map search box
[12:00] Justin Clark-Casey: alright, time to try
[12:00] Justin Clark-Casey: good luck everyone
Personal tools
General
About This Wiki