Chat log from the meeting on 2013-03-26

From OpenSimulator

Revision as of 20:39, 24 October 2015 by Fritigern (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search
[11:06] Nebadon Izumi: hmm, not sure
[11:06] Justin Clark-Casey: hello folks
[11:06] Nebadon Izumi: oh hello Justin, maybe he knows
[11:06] Andrew Hellershanks: hey, justin
[11:07] logger sewell: Hi Justin
[11:07] Andrew Hellershanks: Here is the person that could answer that.
[11:08] Andrew Hellershanks: Justin, I added missing functionality to llHTTPRequest. I need a place to store the string[] containing headers that can't be used with CUSTOM_HEADER. I don't know where the best place is for them.
[11:08] logger sewell: Hi Blue
[11:08] BlueWall.Slade Hello
[11:08] Andrew Hellershanks: In a constants file with other constants or in the LSL_Api.cs file?
[11:09] Nebadon Izumi: he must have gone afk
[11:09] Justin Clark-Casey: I'm just trying to work out what we're tqalking about
[11:09] BlueWall.Slade custom header doesn't work?
[11:10] Justin Clark-Casey: I assume you mean preventing use of HTTP_CUSTOMER_HEADER to change default headers?
[11:10] Andrew Hellershanks: Blue, not currently supported.
[11:10] Andrew Hellershanks: Justin, correct.
[11:10] Justin Clark-Casey: yes, in the first instance having that in LSL_Api would be fine, I think
[11:10] Andrew Hellershanks: I extracted 47 headers from the HTTP/1.1 docs to be excluded.
[11:11] Andrew Hellershanks: ok. I can only provide a patch to a bug report for review so it can be changed before the code gets commited.
[11:11] logger sewell: Tiffany :-)
[11:11] Justin Clark-Casey: alright
[11:12] Andrew Hellershanks: AFAICT, the routine is StartHttpRequest is only called from LSL_Api.cs so I can move some of the extra parsing/error checking to the Api side and give out better error messages.
[11:12] Unknown User: tested cross boarder chat over the weekend, and seems to work well
[11:13] Andrew Hellershanks: Still have to figure out how to tell the end of the strings for custom_header. Look for one that starts with a digit perhaps.
[11:13] Andrew Hellershanks: Checking for non-zero only works if HTTP_METHOD is first parameter to llHTTPRequest.
[11:14] Dahlia Trimble is online.
[11:15] Nebadon Izumi: i see a bunch of people standing that i think are actually sitting
[11:15] Nebadon Izumi: Logger, Dan, Kayaker and VIvian
[11:15] Nebadon Izumi: i suspect should be sitting
[11:15] Kayaker Magic: I see me sitting
[11:15] Unknown User: they appear seated to me
[11:15] Nebadon Izumi: dan is in t-pose, logger is walking in place and viv and kayaker are just standing
[11:15] Justin Clark-Casey: I see everybody as expected
[11:16] Nebadon Izumi: I suspect its because I teleported here
[11:16] Nebadon Izumi: after they were sitting already
[11:16] BlueWall.Slade the viewer ao thing?
[11:17] Vivian Klees: I came in after you nebadon
[11:17] BlueWall.Slade Hi Dahlia
[11:17] Dahlia Trimble: hi
[11:17] logger sewell: hey Dahlia
[11:17] Nebadon Izumi: I think teleporting has some issues for sure
[11:17] Nebadon Izumi: i have been seeing strange stuff
[11:18] Nebadon Izumi: like mesh objects missing
[11:18] Nebadon Izumi: like packets are being lost on teleports or something
[11:18] BlueWall.Slade that is with the bunny avatar
[11:18] Nebadon Izumi: its with any mesh avatar
[11:18] Tiffany Magic: There are serious teleport issues still.... and asset retrieval when logging in.
[11:19] Nebadon Izumi: but its not just avatars
[11:19] Justin Clark-Casey: these are the problems you've been seeing for a while?
[11:19] Nebadon Izumi: its objects in the region too
[11:19] BlueWall.Slade ohh, the thing where sessions were crashing and hanging in the reginos...
[11:19] Dahlia Trimble: is there supposed to be a texture on that big screen on the right? It looks all white to me
[11:19] Nebadon Izumi: teh avatar thing i have noticed for a while
[11:19] Justin Clark-Casey: tiffany: if you're talking about 0.7.3 then you need to upgrade
[11:19] Nebadon Izumi: the in region stuff i only started noticing recently
[11:19] BlueWall.Slade I saw some body parts detached
[11:19] BlueWall.Slade they were duplicates
[11:19] Nebadon Izumi: but my mesh terrain for instance
[11:19] BlueWall.Slade dan was there - was a long time ago
[11:19] Nebadon Izumi: say i have a 3x3 setup
[11:19] Nebadon Izumi: i can fly through regions 1-3
[11:19] Tiffany Magic: Justin... I get the same problems here in OSgrid.
[11:19] Nebadon Izumi: then if i teleport from 3 to 4
[11:20] Nebadon Izumi: some of the terrain like 50% of the terain goes missing
[11:20] Nebadon Izumi: i relog its back
[11:20] Nebadon Izumi: we also noticed it on HG teleports
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: diva would HG teleport into this same area
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: and the region she teleports directly into
[11:21] BlueWall.Slade wonder if fiddling with the viewer cache limits might change that?
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: the terrain is missing
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: 100% of the time
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: so basically she has to teleport into a neighbor region then fly in
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: or she cant see any of the mesh objects
[11:22] Nebadon Izumi: some kind of timing issue i suspect
[11:22] Dahlia Trimble: sounds kinda like what it used to look like when we could still teleport further than 4096
[11:22] Nebadon Izumi: ya accept its just mesh
[11:22] Nebadon Izumi: you can see regular prims
[11:23] Vivian Klees: that's one bright light Trexie
[11:23] BlueWall.Slade hehe
[11:23] Trexie Ozsvar: oh sorry
[11:23] Andrew Hellershanks: what light?
[11:23] Trexie Ozsvar: hi all
[11:23] BlueWall.Slade hello
[11:23] Dahlia Trimble: hi
[11:24] Evans Love: Hello?
[11:25] Dahlia Trimble: SHHHHH! Everyone be quiet!
[11:25] Evans Love: ?
[11:25] BlueWall.Slade chirp, chirp
[11:26] OKC Racer v0.286x (super-tester 2): You are not the owner of this vehicle, but you can copy it and have your own to test in this sim.
[11:26] Nebadon Izumi: I was hoping Robert would be here for meeting
[11:26] Nebadon Izumi: seems master git is not quite right
[11:26] Nebadon Izumi: we had to revert wright plaza right before meeting
[11:26] Evans Love: can anyone hear me?
[11:26] OKC Racer v0.286x (super-tester 2): You are not the owner of this vehicle, but you can copy it and have your own to test in this sim.
[11:26] BlueWall.Slade Hi Evans
[11:26] Nebadon Izumi: was spewing about missing physics asset
[11:26] logger sewell: hey evens
[11:27] Evans Love: hey!
[11:27] Unknown User: robert was asleep at bulletsim
[11:27] Evans Love: i have a question about opensim...
[11:27] Nebadon Izumi: oh heh ok, ya i went there earlier for bulletsim testing, but i was real busy with other stuff
[11:27] Nebadon Izumi: whats your question Evans?
[11:27] Kayaker Magic: Then if I can interrupt, I came to beg for some work on my favorite mantis 6421
[11:27] Evans Love: i work in a lab in arlington virginia and we use opensim to do experimental economics testing
[11:27] Kayaker Magic: I brought cookies, but I cannot rez them.....
[11:28] Evans Love: right now we have an experiment programmed and we are looking for a way to turn off avatar-avatar collisions
[11:28] Evans Love: we have two servers
[11:28] Evans Love: but the server running 0.7.5 is giving us all kinds of bugs
[11:28] Evans Love: so were looking for a way to turn it off using our older server
[11:28] Evans Love: which is running 0.7.2
[11:29] Nebadon Izumi: hmm
[11:29] Nebadon Izumi: the only way I can think to do that is sit avatars on cubes
[11:29] Nebadon Izumi: and move the cubes
[11:29] Justin Clark-Casey: evans: there is an av_av_collisions_off setting in [ODE] in 0..7.5
[11:29] Nebadon Izumi: thats pretty hackish though
[11:29] Nebadon Izumi: is there?
[11:29] BlueWall.Slade I have note heard of issues like that
[11:29] Justin Clark-Casey: but unfortunately that will not be available in 0.7.2
[11:29] Evans Love: but i looked in the OpenSim.ini file and i tried a whole bunch of edits from the OpenSimDefaults.ini but i cant get any of them to work
[11:29] Nebadon Izumi: what kind of issues are you experiencing in 0.7.5
[11:30] Evans Love: i saw the av_av_collisions_off, but its not in 0.7.2
[11:30] Nebadon Izumi: i always find it a bit strange when people say that
[11:30] Nebadon Izumi: might be better to try to fix the other issues
[11:30] Evans Love: basically with our new server, there is this prioblem that when we we get avatars to sit, they get offset
[11:30] Evans Love: so they can walk through walls
[11:30] Nebadon Izumi: ah right
[11:30] Evans Love: and then they bump into invisible walls
[11:30] Nebadon Izumi: the old sit location issue
[11:31] Nebadon Izumi: thats not really a bug
[11:31] Nebadon Izumi: you just need to adjust the sit scripts
[11:31] Evans Love: do you have a fix
[11:31] Evans Love: hold up...
[11:31] Evans Love: let me get peter
[11:31] Nebadon Izumi: k
[11:31] Evans Love: hes the resident guru for our lab
[11:31] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: bump into invisible walls?
[11:31] Justin Clark-Casey: do avatars actually get permanently dislocated on stand?
[11:32] Nebadon Izumi: from my experience
[11:32] Nebadon Izumi: when you sit on something
[11:32] Nebadon Izumi: it usually shoots you to the root prim
[11:32] Nebadon Izumi: when you stand
[11:32] Nebadon Izumi: but that same issue should be in 0.7.2
[11:32] Cuteulala Artis is online.
[11:32] dan banner: ya that breaks things
[11:32] Justin Clark-Casey: right, but one starts walking into invisible objects??
[11:32] Nebadon Izumi: depends
[11:33] Nebadon Izumi: i would need to inspect the objects/ area to know for sure
[11:33] Nebadon Izumi: if the root prim is inside a wall
[11:33] Nebadon Izumi: but the child prim your sitting on is not
[11:33] Nebadon Izumi: when you stand you end up in a wall
[11:33] Dahlia Trimble: lol
[11:33] Justin Clark-Casey: I can imagine that
[11:33] Justin Clark-Casey: but walking into things would suggest a pemanent dislocation of the avatar position wrt to the physics scene
[11:33] Justin Clark-Casey: which should be impossible
[11:33] Nebadon Izumi: the trick is to not link the prim your sitting on to anything
[11:34] Nebadon Izumi: or make it the root
[11:34] Evans Love: ok, so peter says that hes tried to work with the dev team and they couldn't diagnose the problem and hes hesitant to spend time trying to diagnose the problems on the new server
[11:34] Nebadon Izumi: terrible fixes, but right now without a proper fix, thats the best I can offer
[11:34] Nebadon Izumi: what surprises me though, is they are not having that same problem in 0.7.2
[11:34] Evans Love: but he asked me to explain the problem and see if we could sort it out
[11:34] Nebadon Izumi: so maybe its something else
[11:34] Dahlia Trimble: justin, impossible unless the viewer somehow is storing an offset
[11:35] Nebadon Izumi: what it should do is place you near the child prim
[11:35] Nebadon Izumi: not the root prim
[11:35] Nebadon Izumi: it shouldnt have to store anything
[11:35] Evans Love: im going to appologize that i am not as knowledgable about the back end, but if there is anything you could suggest, i would love to try it
[11:35] Nebadon Izumi: just stand up at the child prim your on, instead of sending you to root prim
[11:35] Nebadon Izumi: it would be easier to diagnose if you could show us exactly what is happening
[11:36] Nebadon Izumi: maybe make a video
[11:36] Evans Love: the problem is fairly consistent, but im not entirely sure how to "show" you what is happening
[11:36] Nebadon Izumi: or something, that can be very helpful in getting across the issue
[11:36] Evans Love: we have "FRAPS" video captures of it happening that we took when the problem first arose
[11:36] Nebadon Izumi: perfect
[11:36] Nebadon Izumi: can you post it on youtube for us?
[11:36] Evans Love: but the files are pretty big
[11:36] Evans Love: like a gig +
[11:37] Cuteulala Artis: Camtasia and comvert to mp4
[11:37] Cuteulala Artis: :P
[11:37] Nebadon Izumi: handbrake is a good compresser
[11:37] Nebadon Izumi: or you can just upload it to youtube
[11:37] Nebadon Izumi: and they compress it for you
[11:37] Dahlia Trimble: I think theres a compressor utility on windows, may need to download from m$oft
[11:38] Nebadon Izumi:
[11:38] Nebadon Izumi: works really well
[11:38] Evans Love: im not sure the videos are on the computers in the office... i think they are actually on the computers in our lab
[11:38] Evans Love: but thats in fairfax, and i would have to go there tomorrow to get them
[11:38] Nebadon Izumi: ok well does not have to be right now Evans
[11:39] Nebadon Izumi: as soon as you get them online just hop on our #opensim-dev IRC channel
[11:39] Evans Love: how often are you guys here?
[11:39] Nebadon Izumi: and let us know, or you can even file a mantis bug report
[11:39] Nebadon Izumi: we have this meeting once a week
[11:39] Nebadon Izumi: every tuesday same time
[11:39] BlueWall.Slade Evans, do you think it is because of the site target?
[11:39] Evans Love: (i just happened to see a link ona random website to an open office hours)
[11:39] BlueWall.Slade I mean, could that be a factor?
[11:40] dan banner is offline.
[11:40] Cuteulala Artis: i know the issue
[11:40] Cuteulala Artis: with sititng
[11:40] Cuteulala Artis: and its a clue i been trying to give
[11:40] Cuteulala Artis: in sl when you sit on a child prim you are directed to the root prim instead but in osgrid we sit on the child prim without directing to the root
[11:40] Evans Love: is it something that could have to do with lag?
[11:41] BlueWall.Slade yeah, the sitting is not exactly right
[11:41] Evans Love: because i remember trying to replicate it last week and we couldnt do it unless we had 12 avatars logged onto the server...
[11:41] BlueWall.Slade Evans, if your server isn't really loaded, then no
[11:41] Justin Clark-Casey: the sitting is far from right
[11:41] BlueWall.Slade should handle more
[11:41] Justin Clark-Casey: evans: is that a local server or remote?
[11:41] Nebadon Izumi: hmm
[11:42] Evans Love: i think its a remote server
[11:42] Nebadon Izumi: its actually working like its supposed to
[11:42] Evans Love: we dont have it in hose...
[11:42] Nebadon Izumi: that is intesting
[11:42] Nebadon Izumi: oh you know what
[11:42] Cuteulala Artis: When you put a sit target on a child prim it sets the sit target for the root prim so when u look like your sititng on the child prim your actualy sititng on the root and if we make it were more then one can sit on roots then shall we create a proper sitting because istting is in fact properly working in osgrid just we aitn directing to it lol
[11:42] Nebadon Izumi: i know why
[11:42] Nebadon Izumi: if the root prim is 0,0,0
[11:42] Justin Clark-Casey: higher avatar numbers will show up any weakness in the network link
[11:42] Nebadon Izumi: i think it works
[11:42] Nebadon Izumi: if its not it doesnt
[11:42] Justin Clark-Casey: either in terms of bandwidth or latency
[11:42] Nebadon Izumi: yep
[11:42] Nebadon Izumi: and there she blows
[11:43] Justin Clark-Casey: things like inefficient routers can also cause problems if you are connecting over wifi
[11:43] Evans Love: you replicated it?
[11:43] Nebadon Izumi: see
[11:43] Evans Love: we are hard wired
[11:43] Nebadon Izumi: if the root prim is not rotated to 0,0,0
[11:43] Nebadon Izumi: and you are sitting on child prim
[11:43] Nebadon Izumi: it shoots you to the root
[11:43] Simulator Version v0.5 shouts: OpenSim 0.7.6 Dev          397379c: 2013-03-19 00:39:58 +0000 (Unix/Mono)
[11:43] Nebadon Izumi: stand now cute
[11:43] Nebadon Izumi: se
[11:43] Nebadon Izumi: you could potentially end up inside of things
[11:44] BlueWall.Slade Evans, that is a little tool to set the position in your script by adjusting
[11:44] Nebadon Izumi: i hate this bug
[11:44] Nebadon Izumi: its the reason this big moon couch is not linked
[11:44] BlueWall.Slade justin, I remember looking at the linking for sits
[11:44] Evans Love: im not sure i have permisions to view your code
[11:44] Nebadon Izumi: hmm
[11:44] Nebadon Izumi: interesting invisible wall here
[11:45] Cuteulala Artis: I Created a multiple sit target script for the root but in fact it doesent work because when someone sits it ignores it
[11:45] Cuteulala Artis: We are NEVEr sapose to be able to sit on a child prim
[11:45] Justin Clark-Casey: we;ll, it's there fore me as well, so it's not related to sit
[11:45] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[11:45] Justin Clark-Casey: it might be a bullet issue
[11:45] Andrew Hellershanks: I see a red cube
[11:45] Nebadon Izumi: the sitting thing happens in all physics engines though
[11:45] Nebadon Izumi: its old bug
[11:46] Justin Clark-Casey: in that case it might be a meshing bug
[11:46] Cuteulala Artis: ya that bug been out since day 1
[11:46] BlueWall.Slade Cuteulala, I have done that too
[11:46] Nebadon Izumi: but watch
[11:46] Nebadon Izumi: the red tiny cube inside big one
[11:46] Nebadon Izumi: if i rotate it to 0,0,0
[11:46] Nebadon Izumi: now it works
[11:47] Justin Clark-Casey: well, look, thi sis all to do with opensim assuming one sits onthe child prims
[11:47] Justin Clark-Casey: instead of everything effectively sitting on the root prim and being offset
[11:47] BlueWall.Slade you can't move the avatar with a script here either
[11:47] Nebadon Izumi: ya its a rotation issue or something
[11:47] Justin Clark-Casey: until that is changed, these bugs are goingto be around
[11:47] BlueWall.Slade haa
[11:47] Nebadon Izumi: its probably a global vs local rotation
[11:47] Nebadon Izumi: we are mixing the two or something
[11:47] Dahlia Trimble: Justin, would it be possible to parent an avatar to a child prim? Could SOG/SOP do that?
[11:47] Nebadon Izumi: assume its global when it should be local
[11:48] Nebadon Izumi: that would be my guess
[11:48] Justin Clark-Casey: so either melanie ports here code, I eventually get around to fixing it or somebody else does
[11:48] BlueWall.Slade there was an issue in SL where you would rotate to a default position when you unsit
[11:48] Nebadon Izumi: this is broken in Avination too
[11:48] Kayaker Magic: Not being able to move the seated avatar is killing me! (mantis 6421)
[11:48] Justin Clark-Casey: dahlia: at the moment that's what happens
[11:48] Justin Clark-Casey: oh actually, not quite
[11:48] Kayaker Magic: NO!Things are working better in Avinatin!
[11:48] BlueWall.Slade prims and avatars have a common ancestor object
[11:48] Justin Clark-Casey: I guess technically the parent is the sog
[11:48] Kayaker Magic: I can move seated avatars in Avination!
[11:48] Cuteulala Artis: My roller coasters dont work in avination
[11:48] Cuteulala Artis: lol
[11:49] Nebadon Izumi: oh not that problem sorry Kayaker
[11:49] Nebadon Izumi: i was mixing issues up
[11:49] Nebadon Izumi: differnt problem
[11:49] Justin Clark-Casey: kaykaker: I will shortly be fixing llGetLinkPrimitive|Params() for sitting avatars
[11:49] Justin Clark-Casey: then hopefully I will get to setting, though maybe not for a while
[11:49] BlueWall.Slade the link numbers are scrambled too
[11:49] Dahlia Trimble: so then the unsit needs to be relative to the child prim, but that state is probably lost after the sit occurs?
[11:50] Justin Clark-Casey: dahlia: opensim tells the viewer it is sitting on the child prim when really it should be root prim with offset, I believe
[11:50] Dahlia Trimble: it doesnt know that the sit was on a child?
[11:50] BlueWall.Slade linked prims take a lowewr number when they're added and avatars should take the higher numbers
[11:50] Cuteulala Artis: Justin is 100% correct
[11:51] Justin Clark-Casey: bluewall: where is that? There is no link number presrvation in cor eopensim data structures
[11:51] BlueWall.Slade in SL
[11:51] Justin Clark-Casey: and that's how our lsl behaves
[11:51] Justin Clark-Casey: I recently fixed that
[11:51] BlueWall.Slade if you have a prims and link another to it - the n\last one is the "0" or root0
[11:51] BlueWall.Slade then sit an avatar on it, and it will be "2"
[11:51] Justin Clark-Casey: last one?
[11:51] Andrew Hellershanks: what? Link numbers used to change but that was fixed a while back so link numbers were preserved.
[11:52] OKC Racer v0.286x (super-tester 2): You are not the owner of this vehicle, but you can copy it and have your own to test in this sim.
[11:52] BlueWall.Slade thta is how SL manages the linking
[11:52] Justin Clark-Casey: I don't understand
[11:52] BlueWall.Slade then you can move the avatar with moving th link number
[11:52] Justin Clark-Casey: root is always link 1 in a linkset
[11:52] Allen Kerensky: personally, I name each prim, then store the names in a list indexed by current link number - read the name by prim number on start
[11:53] Dahlia Trimble: root is, but the child order is probably not consistent?
[11:53] Justin Clark-Casey: child order is always consistent
[11:53] Cuteulala Artis: does osgrid support SLI for nvidia
[11:53] Kayaker Magic: Well, obviously something has to change when you link in another prim.
[11:53] Cuteulala Artis: will it benifit in frames
[11:53] Allen Kerensky: for example, for an NPC - I named the feet, legs, arms, hands, etc - then find the current prim number - so if someone linked more prims, I could still find the parts by name
[11:53] Dahlia Trimble: Cute, thats a viewer issue
[11:53] Cuteulala Artis: oh
[11:54] Nebadon Izumi: I do not think the SL viewers support SLi
[11:54] Cuteulala Artis: hehehe
[11:54] Cuteulala Artis: was just a quick quest hehe
[11:54] Nebadon Izumi: they hardly even support 1 GPu
[11:54] Cuteulala Artis: lol
[11:54] Dahlia Trimble: lol
[11:54] BlueWall.Slade Justin - I must run, but I will go to SL and get a script I have there for testing and make a mantis
[11:54] BlueWall.Slade OR, I'll update that existing one
[11:54] Justin Clark-Casey: bluewall: about what?
[11:54] BlueWall.Slade the linking order
[11:55] Justin Clark-Casey: there are no linking order issues
[11:55] BlueWall.Slade + avatar linking
[11:55] Justin Clark-Casey: unless you're saying there are in current opensim
[11:55] BlueWall.Slade it is the avatar
[11:55] Justin Clark-Casey: what is?
[11:55] Dahlia Trimble: there are no issues. SL has it wrong :)
[11:55] BlueWall.Slade hehe
[11:55] BlueWall.Slade lots of scripts use the "feature"
[11:55] Justin Clark-Casey: I wrote a whole block of code not so long ago to resolve all linking issues
[11:56] Andrew Hellershanks: Allen, I have a large texture viewer that works based on prim link order. It has 254 prims in it. I would hate it if I had to name each prim.
[11:56] Justin Clark-Casey: regarding sitting avatars
[11:56] BlueWall.Slade ok, I will compare it
[11:56] Justin Clark-Casey: the issue is that certain scripts do onot support things like setting avatar properties yet
[11:56] BlueWall.Slade I didn't look at it lately
[11:56] Justin Clark-Casey: such as llSetLinkPrimitiveParams()
[11:56] BlueWall.Slade ok, cool
[11:56] Justin Clark-Casey: it's that level that needs to be fixed/changed
[11:56] Justin Clark-Casey: and I'm very shortly going to fix it for llGetLinkPrimitiveParams()
[11:56] Justin Clark-Casey: so doing the same for llSetLink* should be relatively straightforward but I don't know when I'll get the time
[11:56] Dahlia Trimble: avatar properties?
[11:56] Kayaker Magic: YAY!!!!
[11:56] Justin Clark-Casey: if you want to fix it that wil lbe very welcome
[11:57] BlueWall.Slade nice
[11:57] Andrew Hellershanks: Justin, great. Will that get back ported to 075PF when done?
[11:57] BlueWall.Slade well, maybe I can take a look at it
[11:57] Justin Clark-Casey: I don't know
[11:57] BlueWall.Slade I will let you know
[11:57] Cuteulala Artis: What about SetFast :o id love to make moving instruments heeh
[11:57] Justin Clark-Casey: ok
[11:57] BlueWall.Slade have to run - will be AFK to catch the log
[11:58] BlueWall.Slade hehe, scripted avatgars so you can make their eyeballs pop out on the roller coaster
[11:58] BlueWall.Slade :D
[11:58] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: I don't know what those mesh teleport bugs are you were talking about, but it would surprise me if they were new
[11:58] Andrew Hellershanks: hehe
[11:58] Cuteulala Artis: lol
[11:58] Kayaker Magic: Ditto, gota run, but glad to hear seated avatar issues getting mentioned!
[11:59] Cuteulala Artis: i want to install a massive pipe organ in lbsa
[11:59] Cuteulala Artis: lol
[11:59] Cuteulala Artis: 200 pipes
[11:59] Cuteulala Artis: lol
[11:59] Justin Clark-Casey: well, I wouldn't hold your breath. They've been mentioned for a while now but not been addressed
[12:00] Kayaker Magic: (fce turning blue)
[12:00] Kayaker Magic: LOL, thanks for the time you have spent on it!
[12:00] Cuteulala Artis: I cant wait to give out my organ
[12:00] Cuteulala Artis: gonna be everyone new fave toy
[12:01] logger sewell: Kayaker tc
[12:01] Tiffany Magic: See you later, Kayaker
[12:01] Justin Clark-Casey: alright, I did want to ask a quick question
[12:02] Justin Clark-Casey: do people experience teleport yank-back often? When you appear to have successfully teleported to a destination but after a short pause it tries to yank you back to the source
[12:02] Justin Clark-Casey: and you end up not being able to move, etc.
[12:02] Tiffany Magic: Yes
[12:02] Vivian Klees: it's not that often that it happend
[12:02] Tiffany Magic: Then it is usually followed by a crash.
[12:02] Unknown User: never known
[12:03] Nebadon Izumi: ya I personally have not seen it happen in a while, but I know it can and does happen
[12:03] Dahlia Trimble: or followed by a forced logout?
[12:03] Justin Clark-Casey: yeah, I think exact failure might depends on certain factors
[12:03] Tiffany Magic: We are upgrading to 7.5 soon. I hope it's better.
[12:03] Nebadon Izumi: ya i think 100% of the time you can not do anything after that
[12:03] Justin Clark-Casey: A lot of work has been done on teleport code
[12:03] Vivian Klees: hadn't been a crash to occur along with it
[12:03] Nebadon Izumi: its either viewer poofs at some point or your stuck
[12:04] Justin Clark-Casey: but there is still this issue. The trouble is, fixing that potentially causes a different weakness
[12:04] Andrew Hellershanks: I have seen where I arrive, then get told TP failed, can't move, then get logged out.
[12:04] Justin Clark-Casey: andrew: how often?
[12:04] Andrew Hellershanks: Not that often. I"m not in world enough or doing TP's enough to know for sure.
[12:05] Andrew Hellershanks: I haven't seen the yank back thing.
[12:05] Justin Clark-Casey: andrew: ok, possibly the yank doesn't suceed
[12:05] Justin Clark-Casey: the crux is when the teleport appears to succeed but then a little while afterwards it tells you it has failed
[12:05] Andrew Hellershanks: Could be that my viewer reports log off before the yank back
[12:06] Vivian Klees: it varies here on OSgrid because you never know which version of the software is being run on peoples machines
[12:06] Justin Clark-Casey: yes, there is a long term problem
[12:07] Justin Clark-Casey: because the linden teleport protocol effectively assumes that you have tgood connectivity
[12:07] Justin Clark-Casey: when that's not always the case here or over hg
[12:08] Dahlia Trimble: bye all :)
[12:08] Nebadon Izumi: see you Dahlia
[12:08] Justin Clark-Casey: bye dahlia
[12:09] Justin Clark-Casey: well, I need to go as well
[12:09] Justin Clark-Casey: for next week, this meeting will move its UTC time back to 1800
[12:09] logger sewell: Justin have a good evening
[12:10] Dahlia Trimble is offline.
[12:10] Vivian Klees: yay the world catches up
[12:10] Nebadon Izumi: ok see ya Justin, talk soon
[12:10] Justin Clark-Casey: this will not affect the US much, but for anybody in Europe it means the meeting will go forward an hour to its old time before the DST switches started
[12:10] Justin Clark-Casey: ok, bye folks
[12:10] BlueWall.Slade bye jcc
[12:10] Vivian Klees: tc Justin
[12:10] Tiffany Magic: Bye everyone
[12:10] Nebadon Izumi: later, I am outty too, see you everyone, same time next week :)
[12:10] BlueWall.Slade take care
[12:11] logger sewell: see everyone next week
[12:11] BlueWall.Slade I'm off too - bye and thnks for the meeting
[12:11] Justin Clark-Casey waves
[12:11] Andrew Hellershanks is offline.
Personal tools
About This Wiki