Chat log from the meeting on 2012-03-20

From OpenSimulator

Revision as of 15:37, 24 October 2015 by Fritigern (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search
[11:02] Marybelle LavendelMarybelle Lavendelhi all
[11:02] dan bannerdan bannerhey bluewall
[11:02] BlueWall Slade: Hello
[11:02] Richardus Raymaker: it seems ready for firect inmventory or so
[11:02] Sarah Kline: hi Mary
[11:02] Richardus Raymaker: hi blue
[11:02] Richardus Raymaker: hi justin
[11:02] BlueWall Slade: Hi RiRa
[11:02] Sarah Kline: Justin
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: hello
[11:02] Taarna Welles: uhu
[11:02] Taarna Welles: ok I'll check later
[11:02] dan banner: hey justin
[11:03] Richardus Raymaker: not sure if am happy with the nieuw inventory recieve system
[11:03] Justin Clark-Casey: hi folks
[11:03] Justin Clark-Casey: voice-tastic
[11:03] BlueWall Slade: Hi JCC
[11:04] Richardus Raymaker: so useless to put it to 10000 also for sl
[11:04] Taarna Welles: Hi Justing
[11:04] Taarna Welles: _h=g
[11:04] Taarna Welles: oh well
[11:04] Sarah Kline: hi Viv
[11:04] VivK Lowlag: hi Sarah
[11:04] Julianus Nightfire: Hmmm. I seem to be a red cloud again.
[11:04] Richardus Raymaker: hi andrew, viv
[11:04] Simulator Version v0.5 shouts: OpenSim 0.7.4 Dev          8550a4a: 2012-03-16 01:46:21 +0000 (Unix/Mono)
[11:04] dan banner: hi vivian
[11:04] VivK Lowlag: hello Rich
[11:05] VivK Lowlag: hi dan
[11:05] Nebadon Izumi: still on conference call here for another minute
[11:05] Justin Clark-Casey: ahhhhh
[11:05] Taarna Welles: who is typing?
[11:05] Richardus Raymaker: we hear...
[11:05] Justin Clark-Casey: and you're piping that into the world, eh?
[11:05] Andrew Hellershanks: Hey, Richardus
[11:05] Richardus Raymaker: point to nebbadon, taarna
[11:05] Taarna Welles: it's a nice voice chat :)
[11:05] Taarna Welles: nice voice too he he he
[11:05] Andrew Hellershanks: bbiab... cat is calling
[11:06] Eliopod Beaumont: hi all\
[11:06] Marybelle Lavendel: hi
[11:07] Richardus Raymaker: hi elio
[11:07] Richardus Raymaker: hi mary
[11:07] Nebadon Izumi: ok finally off conference call here
[11:07] Justin Clark-Casey: you rezalize your mic was open, right?
[11:07] Nebadon Izumi: me?
[11:07] Justin Clark-Casey: yep
[11:07] Nebadon Izumi: wtf really
[11:07] Justin Clark-Casey: could hear all of that
[11:07] Justin Clark-Casey: lol
[11:07] Marybelle Lavendel: hahaha
[11:07] Eliopod Beaumont: got the time straight this week:)
[11:07] Nebadon Izumi: oh jeez
[11:08] Justin Clark-Casey: it still is in fact, can hear you typing
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: the odd part is its not locked open
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: ok let me disable voice then
[11:08] Justin Clark-Casey: there we go
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: cause i don't know why you can hear me
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: grr
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: im just disable voice
[11:08] Taarna Welles: it was nice to hear you Neb
[11:08] Sarah Kline: lol
[11:08] Taarna Welles: interesting too
[11:09] Marybelle Lavendel: nothing inbarrasing
[11:09] Taarna Welles: nope
[11:09] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[11:09] Eliopod Beaumont: just didnt him enough time:)
[11:09] Nebadon Izumi: what also is wierd is i saw no indication above my head i was talking
[11:09] Nebadon Izumi: not a good bug
[11:09] Justin Clark-Casey: I saw it
[11:09] Taarna Welles: I saw it
[11:09] Taarna Welles: and said hello too
[11:09] Taarna Welles: :)
[11:10] Nebadon Izumi: ya its so odd i actually had my sound down
[11:10] Richardus Raymaker: i saw the voice. so it looked normal. only not sure with who..
[11:10] Nebadon Izumi: so i wouldnt have heard anyone else
[11:10] Taarna Welles: no worries
[11:10] Nebadon Izumi: ah well hehe
[11:10] Taarna Welles: you have a nice voice
[11:10] Richardus Raymaker: voice have so its weird corners in opensim
[11:10] Marybelle Lavendel: I was wondering who else was talking and could not find anybody
[11:10] Justin Clark-Casey: taarna is mitten ;)
[11:10] Justin Clark-Casey: smitten ;)
[11:10] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[11:10] BlueWall Slade: good thing youdont' ahve a female avatar XD
[11:10] Taarna Welles: :)
[11:11] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[11:11] Taarna Welles: lol
[11:11] Andrew Hellershanks: :-)
[11:11] Nebadon Izumi: so whats going on anyone have anything they wanted to talk about opensimulator related?
[11:12] Nebadon Izumi: Andrew i want to ask you about the little php app you wrote for dumping assets
[11:12] VivK Lowlag: what about the jumping thing from the other night
[11:12] Nebadon Izumi: for the SRAS style asset services
[11:12] Andrew Hellershanks: Nebadon: sure
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: not at the moment maybe later on IRC
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: I am going to need something for SRAS specifically
[11:13] Andrew Hellershanks: oh, ok. I'll be going afk for a couple hours or so after this meeting.
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: so not sure your app will work 100% for what I need
[11:13] Justin Clark-Casey: vivk: jumping thing?
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: something for me to look at though
[11:13] Andrew Hellershanks: nebadon, np. Might not be that big a change.
[11:13] VivK Lowlag: the differences in jumping heights here vs sl
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: ya no rush Andrew, i don't even really need it today
[11:14] Andrew Hellershanks: k
[11:14] Justin Clark-Casey: oh
[11:14] Rene Zoilin: hi all
[11:14] Nebadon Izumi: ah i made a meter
[11:14] Nebadon Izumi: for the jumping difference
[11:14] Justin Clark-Casey: Hi rene
[11:14] Andrew Hellershanks: Not to be a pest about it but any news on I've got someone wanting to upgrade and trying to decide if I just go ahead and jump them to 0.7.3 for now or wait a bit more.
[11:14] Andrew Hellershanks: Or just go with 073PF
[11:15] Justin Clark-Casey: andrew: I honestly can't tell you. Unless they really need osNpcLoadAppearance() to work I would say just go ahead and do 0.7.3
[11:16] Andrew Hellershanks: k. I don't see them needing any NPC stuff. Thanks, justin. I'll go with 0.7.3 for now.
[11:16] Nebadon Izumi: that meter justin
[11:16] Andrew HellershanksAndrew Hellershanks wonders if someone is making a bar chart
[11:16] Nebadon Izumi: is the jump difference
[11:16] Nebadon Izumi: vertical jump
[11:16] Nebadon Izumi: orange = OSG
[11:16] Nebadon Izumi: other is SL
[11:16] Taarna Welles: almost 4000 active users
[11:17] Richardus Raymaker: well, different planets, difefrent size = different gravity..
[11:17] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[11:17] Marybelle Lavendel: how about jumping forward
[11:17] Nebadon Izumi: in terms of actualy jumping though between SL and OSG it felt pretty similar
[11:17] Nebadon Izumi: though SL is probably a bit smoother on the transition of the animations
[11:18] Nebadon Izumi: there does seem to be some oddities though in how we handle animation priority
[11:18] Nebadon Izumi: i would say its not right at all in OpenSim
[11:18] Nebadon Izumi: someone else mentioned to me that we do not seem to handle animation priority properly with OSSL and NPC
[11:18] Andrew HellershanksAndrew Hellershanks sighs
[11:19] Nebadon Izumi: OSSL and NPCs seem to have the same problems in how they handle the priority
[11:19] Andrew Hellershanks: The cat is being a pain at the moment. I'll have to go afk and leave this window open and read the back log when I return.
[11:19] Nebadon Izumi: but even LSL stuff seems and just trying to play animations in general
[11:19] BlueWall Slade: be sure to take a pic and post it on G+
[11:19] Richardus Raymaker: get a virtual cat andrew :)
[11:20] Nebadon Izumi: doesnt always seem like priority is handled properly
[11:20] Taarna Welles: Nebadon, I heard someone saying about using another script engine?
[11:20] dan banner: ya i have had this issue too
[11:20] Taarna Welles: I mean for OSG?
[11:20] Nebadon Izumi: not that I am aware of Taarna
[11:20] Richardus Raymaker: sofar i know there's no other taarna
[11:20] Taarna Welles: kk
[11:20] Richardus Raymaker: only othe rphyics is maby comeing some day
[11:20] Nebadon Izumi: i have not heard any talk about alternative script engines that would work on OSgrid
[11:21] BlueWall Slade: is there lag between the animations?
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: no its not a lag
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: its like certain parts of the avatar dont animate
[11:21] BlueWall Slade: ohhh
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: like only upper 1/2 of body animates
[11:21] BlueWall Slade: overriding the priorities?
[11:21] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[11:22] BlueWall Slade: hmmm
[11:22] Nebadon Izumi: seems like we are mishandlign animation priorites some times
[11:22] BlueWall Slade: you set that when you upload the animation
[11:22] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[11:22] Nebadon Izumi: but sometimes no matter what you set
[11:22] Justin Clark-Casey: If I was to guess, I would say one might be able to tweak line 2296 of ScenePresence to control jump height
[11:22] Nebadon Izumi: it doesnt matter
[11:22] BlueWall Slade: so, it must be encoded by the viewer
[11:22] dan banner: bluewall: some of the poseballs with anims play fine if an avatar sits but when an npc sits if the anim is possibly a lower priority the upper half of the anim work and the npc is sitting while playing it
[11:22] BlueWall Slade: ohh
[11:22] Justin Clark-Casey: that 's in SP.AddNewMovement()
[11:23] Nebadon Izumi: let me have a look Justin
[11:23] Nebadon Izumi: i can test
[11:23] dan banner: actual avatars play the anim fine when sit
[11:23] BlueWall Slade: I see
[11:23] Andrew Hellershanks: oh, well. too late. Cat just tossed in to the laundry room
[11:23] dan banner: npc play the anim while sitting
[11:23] Nebadon Izumi: lol Andrew
[11:23] BlueWall Slade: so, the viewer is probably reading back the priority that was encoded on upload
[11:24] Nebadon Izumi: you guys didnt get to hear my cat when i was blabering on voice here
[11:24] BlueWall Slade: but, the np[c doesn't
[11:24] Andrew Hellershanks: Another family member was trying to watch tv and he was just constantly meowing
[11:24] dan banner: but some higher priority anims dont seem to have any trouble with either avatar or npc
[11:24] Nebadon Izumi: he likes to interupt my conference calls by joining in on the conversation
[11:24] Taarna Welles: lol no
[11:24] Nebadon Izumi: just out of arms length
[11:24] Andrew Hellershanks: nebadon :-)
[11:24] BlueWall Slade: lol
[11:24] Dahlia Trimble: hi :)
[11:24] Justin Clark-Casey: hi dahlia
[11:24] BlueWall Slade: Hi Dahlia
[11:24] Richardus Raymaker: wb dahlia
[11:24] Dahlia Trimble: ty
[11:25] Nebadon Izumi: hrmm
[11:25] Nebadon Izumi: i need to git pull I think
[11:25] Nebadon Izumi: version of opensim im looking at the line number you mention in ScenePresence.cs is not what your seeing
[11:25] Justin Clark-Casey: direc.Z *= 3.0f ?
[11:26] Nebadon Izumi: im git pulling now
[11:26] Nebadon Izumi: but i was seeing > /// <summary>
[11:26] Nebadon Izumi: on that line
[11:26] Justin Clark-Casey: yeah, line numbers are dodgy
[11:26] Nebadon Izumi: for always run
[11:26] Justin Clark-Casey: I think what hpapnes is that the viewer requests a Z movement of > 2
[11:26] Justin Clark-Casey: then opensim. for whatever reason, multiplies this by 3
[11:26] Justin Clark-Casey: it might just be a case of adjusting that fudge factor
[11:26] Nebadon Izumi: hrmm
[11:27] Nebadon Izumi: ok i can tinker with that if i can find it
[11:27] Nebadon Izumi: hehe looking again now
[11:27] Justin Clark-Casey: this is hypothesising on my part from code reading - i havent' tried this
[11:27] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[11:27] Andrew Hellershanks: why would OS need to apply a fudge factor?
[11:27] Richardus Raymaker: hi tiffany
[11:27] Justin Clark-Casey: because not all physics engines act the same
[11:27] Justin Clark-Casey: there are many fudge factors used with ode
[11:27] Andrew Hellershanks: oh, PHysics again :-P
[11:27] Justin Clark-Casey: yep
[11:28] Tiffany Magic: Hello everyone. Been told I am naked, but I can't get anything to rezz in here. lol
[11:28] Nebadon Izumi: ok ya on git master line numbers match up now
[11:28] Andrew Hellershanks: btw, justin, in your latest changes to iar save you changed Environment.Newline's to \n
[11:28] Justin Clark-Casey: yeah, it really makes no difference and I was tired of the code clutter
[11:28] Richardus Raymaker: empty inventory tiffany ? or or or..
[11:29] Taarna Welles: *grin
[11:29] Andrew Hellershanks: ok. If that is the case, I will switch to \n in the parts I've added.
[11:29] Justin Clark-Casey: that would be good
[11:29] Nebadon Izumi: ya this bit of code makes sense this would be the problem Justin
[11:29] Nebadon Izumi: i'll tinker with this later see what i can find
[11:29] Nebadon Izumi: maybe come up with a number that better matches SL
[11:29] Andrew Hellershanks: The changes are minor so I can fix things up easily this time.
[11:29] Nebadon Izumi: either way really
[11:29] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: yep
[11:29] Nebadon Izumi: the SL and OSG vertical jump heights are absurd
[11:30] Justin Clark-Casey: lol
[11:30] Nebadon Izumi: no human can jump 3m vertical
[11:30] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[11:30] Justin Clark-Casey: perhaps they're like that so people can get over things
[11:30] Nebadon Izumi: ya probably
[11:30] Taarna Welles: OMG are we human?
[11:30] Justin Clark-Casey: one could even make that number config adjustable in the end
[11:30] Justin Clark-Casey: maybe it's like bullets - all bullets in computer games go far slower than in real life
[11:30] Dahlia Trimble: humans cant fly either
[11:30] Andrew Hellershanks: 3m? That's pretty high. Inuit have a sport where they can hit something pretty high up but I'm sure that stil isn't 9mm
[11:30] Justin Clark-Casey: dahlia: good poitn
[11:30] Andrew Hellershanks: um... 9mm -> 9m
[11:30] Nebadon Izumi: hehe ya
[11:31] Nebadon Izumi: most people arent 7 foot + either
[11:31] Nebadon Izumi: like the average in SL
[11:31] Andrew Hellershanks: I set my height to be more realistic and I build houses similarly
[11:31] Richardus Raymaker: in sl you dont get stuck on stairs. depedns on direction you walk on the prim. never tried if it still exist
[11:32] Nebadon Izumi: ya that is still very much a problem here
[11:32] Justin Clark-Casey: there is a physics capsule being used in ode
[11:32] Nebadon Izumi: what it seems like to me
[11:32] Nebadon Izumi: is the physica capsule is tilted or something
[11:32] Nebadon Izumi: but doesnt pivot with avatar
[11:32] Dahlia Trimble: SL uses a capsule too
[11:32] Nebadon Izumi: so when you face certain directions you get smooth movent over terrain and prims
[11:32] Nebadon Izumi: but if you turn 180
[11:32] Andrew HellershanksAndrew Hellershanks wonders if default avatar height is set via a .ini setting or just something in code.
[11:33] Nebadon Izumi: its like trying to walk forward while having jamming a stick into the ground
[11:33] Justin Clark-Casey: in fact, there's a whole method we should in principle tilt it
[11:33] Justin Clark-Casey: ODECharacter.AlignAvatarTiltWithCurrentDirectionOfMovement()
[11:33] Nebadon Izumi: ya tilting makes sense
[11:33] dan banner: that must not work
[11:33] Nebadon Izumi: but not when the tilted capsule doesnt turn with your avatar
[11:33] Justin Clark-Casey: yeah, maybe there's some kind of bug
[11:33] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[11:34] BlueWall Slade: can the capsule be viewed with some debug setting?
[11:34] Richardus Raymaker: ramps always work fine
[11:34] Justin Clark-Casey: I don't think so - it's server side only
[11:34] Richardus Raymaker: its more normal stairs where i have seen it
[11:34] dan banner: not always rich
[11:34] Dahlia Trimble: probably can be viewed with the "drawstuff" thing
[11:34] dan banner: needs 22 degrees neb
[11:35] Justin Clark-Casey: was that working at some point?
[11:35] Richardus Raymaker: the stair problem is a very old one
[11:36] BlueWall Slade: you can climb one side of the structure at Lbsa
[11:36] Nebadon Izumi: hmm seems ok here
[11:36] Nebadon Izumi: which is odd
[11:37] Nebadon Izumi: ah here goes
[11:37] Andrew Hellershanks: Does lbsa use an invisible ramp for the staircase or just a set of prims?
[11:37] Nebadon Izumi: walk up this one
[11:37] Nebadon Izumi: see
[11:37] Nebadon Izumi: feels like your digging in
[11:37] Justin Clark-Casey: mmmm
[11:37] Nebadon Izumi: very odd
[11:38] Richardus Raymaker: its not smooth
[11:38] Nebadon Izumi: does same thing on regular terrain as well
[11:38] Nebadon Izumi: its not just prims
[11:38] Justin Clark-Casey: that seems rather different from being able to walk up a ramp in one directio nbut not he other
[11:38] dan banner: walking over a prim one way doesnt mean you can walk back across the other direction
[11:38] Richardus Raymaker: what happens if you make a norm stair form 3 cubues neb ?
[11:38] Nebadon Izumi: same thing
[11:39] Nebadon Izumi: one direction its ok
[11:39] Nebadon Izumi: other its sticky
[11:39] Richardus Raymaker: ok. the good old stair problem
[11:39] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[11:39] Richardus Raymaker: why do i get a hamster cage flash :)
[11:39] dan banner: in sl if something like a wall or terrain has any angle at all you can walk up it
[11:40] Richardus Raymaker: yes
[11:40] Andrew Hellershanks: I can't say I notice much difference forward or backward across any of these ramsp
[11:40] Dahlia Trimble: seem like they all work to me
[11:40] Nebadon Izumi: its mostly just this one
[11:40] Richardus Raymaker: can yoi walk the other direction up to ?
[11:40] Andrew Hellershanks: oh. The slight jerkiness to the movement
[11:40] Nebadon Izumi: walking west
[11:40] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[11:40] Nebadon Izumi: notice none of the others do that
[11:41] Richardus Raymaker: the bad one looks from here slower to when you walk
[11:41] Nebadon Izumi: it actually lags the sim
[11:41] Nebadon Izumi: very odd
[11:41] Richardus Raymaker: its like you slowdown becausde you need to climb a mountain for the bad one
[11:41] Andrew Hellershanks: If it lags the sim something really odd is going on
[11:42] Nebadon Izumi: I think its S / W
[11:42] Nebadon Izumi: that mostly do it
[11:42] Nebadon Izumi: N / E are very fast
[11:42] Nebadon Izumi: West has most pronounced effect
[11:42] Taarna Welles: ??
[11:43] Nebadon Izumi: walking up ramps facing those directions
[11:43] Richardus Raymaker: you see quick wich one is the good side with a cube. i think 0.5 heigh gives already problems to step up
[11:43] Richardus Raymaker: make it square
[11:43] Richardus Raymaker: aha
[11:43] Richardus Raymaker: ok
[11:44] Nebadon Izumi: same thing
[11:44] Richardus Raymaker: big difference
[11:44] Justin Clark-Casey: hm
[11:45] Nebadon Izumi: ya very strange for sure
[11:45] Dahlia Trimble: cant tell lol
[11:45] Nebadon Izumi: i think avatar height has a factor
[11:45] Richardus Raymaker: not sure what side effects this can have on the sim
[11:45] Nebadon Izumi: make your avatar taller
[11:45] Nebadon Izumi: im 100% height
[11:46] Dahlia Trimble: cant, not using LL viewer
[11:46] Nebadon Izumi: ah
[11:46] Nebadon Izumi: though richardus is pretty small
[11:46] Nebadon Izumi: it may be anything not the default height
[11:46] Nebadon Izumi: has wierdness
[11:47] Nebadon Izumi: no height has no effect
[11:47] Nebadon Izumi: hrmm
[11:47] Richardus Raymaker: i did not really see difference.
[11:48] Sarah Kline: if you get a staircase made in SL you find its different
[11:48] Andrew Hellershanks: This is the most fun we've had at a meeting in a while.
[11:48] Nebadon Izumi: right Sarah
[11:48] Andrew HellershanksAndrew Hellershanks grins
[11:48] Nebadon Izumi: one thing that does help a little with stairs
[11:48] Tiffany Magic: Hey Logger... what are these people drinking? And, where do we get some?
[11:48] Dahlia Trimble: now we need weapons
[11:48] Nebadon Izumi: is setting av_density = 3
[11:48] Nebadon Izumi: in OpenSim.ini
[11:48] Nebadon Izumi: which is set here
[11:48] logger sewell: lolo
[11:48] Nebadon Izumi: but its still not 100% the same as SL
[11:49] Taarna Welles: lol
[11:49] dan banner: let just make capsules 5m wide
[11:50] Sarah Kline: could they be made smaller?
[11:50] BlueWall Slade: you can get some pretty unexpected results messing with that stuff.
[11:50] dan banner: yup
[11:50] Dahlia Trimble: many games dont let you climb anything > 45 degrees
[11:50] Sarah Kline: at the moment you walk by close to somebody and they go flying
[11:50] Sarah Kline: )
[11:51] Richardus Raymaker: how does the capsule look ? like a sphere shape ? a bit flat offcorse
[11:51] Nebadon Izumi: capsule is like a tylenol shape
[11:51] Nebadon Izumi: cylinder with speherical ends
[11:51] Dahlia Trimble: its a cylinder with half spheres on the ends
[11:51] Andrew HellershanksAndrew Hellershanks sees "capsule" and thinks Apollo
[11:51] Justin Clark-Casey: I think a VE is more optimized for navigating than gaming
[11:51] Dahlia Trimble: VE?
[11:51] Andrew Hellershanks: virtual environment
[11:52] Justin Clark-Casey: but there's no reason such values can't be changed in config, if you know what to actually tweak
[11:52] Justin Clark-Casey: yes
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: ya i think in this case though, the strange thing is its exhibiting clearly different behavior depending on direction your facing
[11:52] Justin Clark-Casey: I'm find it quite hard to detect the difference, though I think I can see it
[11:53] Justin Clark-Casey: there's no obvious issue in the code like a reversed sign or obviously wrong parameter
[11:53] Nebadon Izumi: ya its subtle but noticeable
[11:53] Andrew Hellershanks: brb
[11:53] Dahlia Trimble: well just put an invisible slanted prim under it. SL may have better steps, but they dont have unlimited prims
[11:53] dan banner: make the ramps steeper
[11:53] Justin Clark-Casey: but I'm just scanning, not looking that hard
[11:53] Nebadon Izumi: ya it doesnt surprise me its not someting obvios
[11:54] Taarna Welles: Neb, you can do it!
[11:54] Nebadon Izumi: it shoots me over so fast on that side
[11:54] Nebadon Izumi: i cant even stop at the top
[11:55] Richardus Raymaker: yup, wind push me to fast up :O
[11:56] Justin Clark-Casey: well anyway, I just wanted to ask quickly - you don't use enable_adapative_throttles on the osgrid distro, neb?
[11:56] Nebadon Izumi: no
[11:56] Justin Clark-Casey: or rather you reset it to tfalse?
[11:56] Nebadon Izumi: unless its enabled by default
[11:56] Justin Clark-Casey: it is enabled by default
[11:56] Marybelle Lavendel: lalala
[11:56] Nebadon Izumi: is it enabled by default?
[11:56] Nebadon Izumi: ok then ya i guess we are then
[11:56] Justin Clark-Casey: ok
[11:56] Nebadon Izumi: i never really looked at the default for that
[11:56] Justin Clark-Casey: it wasn't default until about 3 months ago
[11:56] Nebadon Izumi: ah ok
[11:57] Justin Clark-Casey: maybe 5 now
[11:57] Marybelle Lavendel: I am a great climber
[11:57] Nebadon Izumi: that makes more sense then
[11:57] Nebadon Izumi: i just knew we wernt specifically enabling it
[11:57] Justin Clark-Casey: it reduces packet loss (e.g. no terrain holes) but it does make connections 'slower'
[11:57] Justin Clark-Casey: since it backs off if packets are being lost
[11:57] Richardus Raymaker: its set deafil;t in defaults or ?
[11:57] Nebadon Izumi: we are setting hard limts though
[11:57] Justin Clark-Casey: OpenSimDefaults.ini
[11:57] Richardus Raymaker: defaults.ini or opensim.ini
[11:57] Nebadon Izumi: scene_throttle_max_bps = 2500000
 client_throttle_max_bps = 175000
[11:58] Richardus Raymaker: aha, thats why i dont see it
[11:58] Richardus Raymaker: 250000 thts 2.5Mbit ?
[11:58] Justin Clark-Casey: yeah, I'm not sure you would even hit those limits with adaptive throttles
[11:58] Nebadon Izumi: yes Richardus
[11:58] Justin Clark-Casey: or whether they are really a problem
[11:58] Richardus Raymaker: thats for whole simulator right ?
[11:58] Nebadon Izumi: ya its hard to say
[11:58] Dahlia Trimble: ok I see, with LL based viewer it seems I climb slower going west
[11:58] Nebadon Izumi: we only set the hard limits because some viewers let you drag it up to 10mbit
[11:58] Nebadon Izumi: or higher even
[11:58] Justin Clark-Casey: espeically now that textures re handled via http - which isn't touched by those limits at all
[11:59] Justin Clark-Casey: and with inventory being http, there isn't so much data to push through that udp pipe any more
[11:59] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[11:59] Richardus Raymaker: yes 10Mbit, complete nuts also for sl. you only get more packetlooss. and then people scream about slow loading.. and increase the bandwidth slider ?
[11:59] Nebadon Izumi: it still might be good to set an upper limit though
[11:59] Richardus Raymaker: agree with nebadon
[12:00] Nebadon Izumi: or even add some limits to the HTTP
[12:00] Nebadon Izumi: something that we can configure
[12:00] Nebadon Izumi: maybe thats one reason logins are so harsh
[12:01] BlueWall Slade: you get inventory on logins
[12:01] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[12:01] Nebadon Izumi: im sure that doesnt help
[12:01] BlueWall Slade: that is probably one of the biggest hits
[12:01] Justin Clark-Casey: I don't think you get all inventory
[12:01] Nebadon Izumi: it depends
[12:01] Richardus Raymaker: then with a few 20Mbit connections login start to jam
[12:01] Nebadon Izumi: on if you have ti cached or not
[12:01] BlueWall Slade: I shoudl check us - in SL you do
[12:01] Justin Clark-Casey: well, the builtin c# webserver is not the greatest
[12:01] Justin Clark-Casey: the biggest data hit on login is probably texture fetching
[12:01] Dahlia Trimble: http inventory in SL is pretty borked too
[12:01] Nebadon Izumi: ya :(
[12:02] Richardus Raymaker: there's so many things weird there
[12:02] Justin Clark-Casey: ok, I need to pop off
[12:02] BlueWall Slade: bye Justin
[12:02] Richardus Raymaker: bye justin
[12:02] Taarna Welles: bye Justin
[12:02] Nebadon Izumi: ok thanks Justin
[12:02] Dahlia Trimble: bye jcc :)
[12:02] dan banner: later justin
[12:02] Nebadon Izumi: i'll let you know how the jump testing goes
[12:03] Justin Clark-Casey: for those ppl who have had the meeting times changes for the last two weeks, they will be backl to what they were prviously next week
[12:03] Dahlia Trimble: me too I need to do afternoon stuffs. bye all :)
[12:03] Nebadon Izumi: ya so everyone showing up early
[12:03] Justin Clark-Casey: We will move from 1900 UTC to 1800 UTC which will compensate for most people moving to summer time
[12:03] Nebadon Izumi: your gonna be late next week :P
[12:03] Justin Clark-Casey: heh
[12:03] Taarna Welles: :)
[12:04] Marybelle Lavendel: bye justin
[12:04] Justin Clark-Casey: bye
[12:04] Richardus Raymaker: brb, viewer update
Personal tools
About This Wiki