Chat log from the meeting on 2011-12-20

From OpenSimulator

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
(Created page with "<pre> [11:03] Second Life: Teleport completed from Lbsa Plaza (128,128,38) [11:04] Richardus Raymaker: brb [11:04] Andrew Hellershanks: Found the URL for the maptile in the conso...")
Line 400: Line 400:
[11:54] Richardus Raymaker: aha.
[11:54] Richardus Raymaker: aha.
[[Category:Office Hour Logs]]

Latest revision as of 15:28, 24 October 2015

[11:03] Second Life: Teleport completed from Lbsa Plaza (128,128,38)
[11:04] Richardus Raymaker: brb
[11:04] Andrew Hellershanks: Found the URL for the maptile in the console window during start up
[11:04] BlueWall Slade: the phys ft seemed ok
[11:04] Titanium.Jones thinks He'll keep sitting
[11:04] Nebadon Izumi: jello
[11:04] Justin Clark-Casey: sounds like we're on the edge of armageddon
[11:04] Justin Clark-Casey: jello
[11:04] Marcus Llewellyn: I suggest we take a pointer from the airline industry, paragons of customer service, and make people use boarding passes to TP into Wright in an orderly and slow moving fashion, so as to reduce lag from TPs.
[11:04] BlueWall Slade: jello
[11:05] VivK Lowlag: wow he rezzed quick
[11:05] Nebadon Izumi: I think we might have had a few people log in simultaneously
[11:05] Nebadon Izumi: might be why we had that last bout of lag
[11:05] Nebadon Izumi: when stats dropped to 0fps though
[11:05] Nebadon Izumi: i can't explain that
[11:06] Nebadon Izumi: possible someone was playing with groups
[11:06] Justin Clark-Casey: seems to be largely behaving itself now
[11:06] Dutchy Daredevil: hi Alll
[11:06] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[11:06] BlueWall Slade: Hello Dahlia
[11:06] Richardus Reinard: ok cleared cache on imprudence. that weird attachment seems gone.
[11:06] Dahlia Trimble: hi :)
[11:06] BlueWall Slade: Hi Dutchy
[11:06] Justin Clark-Casey: hi dutchy, folks
[11:06] Juicy Babii: howdy
[11:06] Nebadon Izumi: hello dahlia
[11:06] Richardus Reinard: now i need to wait on my sim till inbvenmtory is loaded.
[11:07] BlueWall Slade: Hi Justin
[11:07] Richardus Reinard: hi justin
[11:07] Justin Clark-Casey: I see Dahlia alreayd has her Christmas jumper on
[11:07] Nebadon Izumi: hehe
[11:07] Andrew Hellershanks: Changing 127.5 to 128.0 in map generation file made a difference. I need to load up some other oar files to get a better view of the difference.
[11:07] Nebadon Izumi: interesting
[11:07] Nebadon Izumi: no more Line Andrew?
[11:07] Dahlia Trimble: I do? lol I cant see my avatar
[11:07] Richardus Reinard: andrew is invisible with hippo
[11:07] Marcus Llewellyn: I just see her in jeans and a sweater.
[11:07] Justin Clark-Casey: Dahlia viewer going well?
[11:07] Andrew Hellershanks: Nebadon: Don't think so. I don't have enough in the region to be sure.
[11:07] Nebadon Izumi: ok cool
[11:08] Dahlia Trimble: havent done much on it lately
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: its promising though that you see a difference already
[11:08] Andrew Hellershanks: I'll reload sanctuary and test with that.
[11:08] Nebadon Izumi: cool
[11:08] Richardus Reinard: dahlia, group chat never worked good
[11:08] BlueWall Slade: that woujld be awesome if that line is gone
[11:08] Dahlia Trimble: region seems to be loading slower today tho
[11:08] Justin Clark-Casey: stats are certainly out of whack though. apaprantly there are only 7 people here
[11:09] BlueWall Slade: lol Neb
[11:09] Nebadon Izumi: the agent stats are always wrong
[11:09] Nebadon Izumi: heh
[11:09] Andrew Hellershanks: I wonder what is up with the magic height value of 221.7025033688163f
[11:09] Justin Clark-Casey: probably not handling various cases properly
[11:10] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[11:10] BlueWall Slade: that is to hide skyboxes
[11:10] Nebadon Izumi: it would be nice to eventually get Agent and Script stats right
[11:10] Andrew Hellershanks: But why not just 221.7 or even just 221.0??
[11:10] Justin Clark-Casey: yes
[11:10] BlueWall Slade: precision
[11:10] BlueWall Slade: :)
[11:10] Justin Clark-Casey: pff
[11:10] Andrew Hellershanks: :-)
[11:10] Nebadon Izumi: thats the height the camera is at I think, but ya not sure why the crazy precision
[11:10] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[11:11] Dahlia Trimble: it needs to be so precise that you cant get there
[11:11] Dahlia Trimble: ;)
[11:11] BlueWall Slade: lol
[11:11] Nebadon Izumi: its possible that it was cutting something off unless it was exact
[11:11] BlueWall Slade: justin, I have a quick questions asbout patches
[11:11] Richardus Reinard: hmm, my inventory on imprudence dont have much energy to load (quick)
[11:11] Justin Clark-Casey: bluewall: sure
[11:12] Richardus Reinard: its the same i see with phoenix. it hangs on laoding if you type a letter
[11:12] Nebadon Izumi: i imagine trying to get your inventory to load with this many avatars is not going to go very fast
[11:12] BlueWall Slade: I was trying to apply some from mantis a few days ago, and had a lot of whitespace errors
[11:12] BlueWall Slade: trying to fix that said that the patch was corrupted....
[11:12] Richardus Reinard: i load it on sandbox. i dont want to screw wright
[11:12] Richardus Reinard: other avatar
[11:12] Justin Clark-Casey: which patch was this?
[11:12] BlueWall Slade: you came along and applied them later
[11:12] BlueWall Slade: some of Michelle Argus's work
[11:12] VivK Lowlag: try Neb's folder trick Rich
[11:12] Justin Clark-Casey: I applied with patch -p1
[11:12] Nebadon Izumi: ya michelles patches are problematic
[11:12] BlueWall Slade: not with git am ?
[11:12] Justin Clark-Casey: what ever program she is using to produce patches is broken
[11:12] Nebadon Izumi: ya thats how i had to also
[11:12] Dahlia Trimble: folder trick?
[11:12] Nebadon Izumi: git am didnt work for me either
[11:12] Justin Clark-Casey: yeah, git am calls them corrupt
[11:13] BlueWall Slade: ahhh, ok
[11:13] Dutchy Daredevil: Hi Bluewall Justin Neb and all folks in here
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: also I had to add a linebreak
[11:13] Justin Clark-Casey: btw, please don't apply the current patches from her. I have review comments to make
[11:13] Richardus Reinard: i do a b c but it keeps hanging on loading.
[11:13] BlueWall Slade: cool, thanks
[11:13] Justin Clark-Casey: by which I mean the major RemoteAdmin ones
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: i got an error about patch ends in the middle of a line or something
[11:13] Richardus Reinard: i try again now direct in sandbox plaza
[11:13] BlueWall Slade: ok
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: so i added a line break to the patch
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: then it applied cleanly with the -p1
[11:13] Justin Clark-Casey: I asked her to use a different program to produce patches but I'm not sure the message got through
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: heh ya
[11:13] BlueWall Slade: Linux ftw
[11:14] BlueWall Slade: I have been studying our module loading system...
[11:14] Justin Clark-Casey: oh man :)
[11:14] BlueWall Slade: it's pretty screwed up
[11:14] Justin Clark-Casey: yep
[11:14] BlueWall Slade: the old style
[11:14] Dahlia Trimble: lol
[11:14] BlueWall Slade: the new style loos better
[11:14] BlueWall Slade: looks
[11:14] Richardus Reinard: ok. seems to laod betetr now
[11:14] Justin Clark-Casey: you mean IRegionModule vs ISharedRegioModule, etc?
[11:14] BlueWall Slade: the loader
[11:15] Justin Clark-Casey: new style loader?
[11:15] BlueWall Slade: with the new style, you need to put the names of the modules in the [<Module] section
[11:15] BlueWall Slade: and it will look for those in the assemblies.
[11:16] Richardus Reinard: hmm, looka=s like inventory search get a bit stuck on 1 letter search ?!?
[11:16] BlueWall Slade: the old style one loads every single dll in the ./bin directory and iterates through each type in the assembly looking for the IRegionModule
[11:16] BlueWall Slade: that is crazy
[11:16] Richardus Reinard: i dotn say anything. it just load terrible
[11:16] Justin Clark-Casey: The old IRegionModule in theory should go away sometime. In practice, it's the kind of job ppl don't get round to doing for a long, long time
[11:16] BlueWall Slade: the new style was started on by Homer Horwitz
[11:17] Justin Clark-Casey: it would mean converting all the core opensim modules still using IRegionModule
[11:17] Justin Clark-Casey: yeah
[11:17] BlueWall Slade: so, would there be any issue with me looking into that?
[11:17] Justin Clark-Casey: none at all
[11:17] BlueWall Slade: ok
[11:17] Justin Clark-Casey: from my pov
[11:17] BlueWall Slade: I'll dig into it to get my ducks in a row, then send my findings to opensim-dev list
[11:18] Justin Clark-Casey: I think we need to keep the old mechanism around for a while even if all core modules get converted but eventually it could go away
[11:18] Justin Clark-Casey: cool
[11:18] BlueWall Slade: ok, thanks
[11:18] BlueWall Slade: that should speed up the startup a lot
[11:19] Dahlia Trimble: wait I have a module not in core
[11:19] Justin Clark-Casey: Is startup slow for you? Region modules go by quite quickly for me
[11:19] Dahlia Trimble: what are you going to change?
[11:19] Richardus Reinard: its indeed starting fast for me to
[11:19] BlueWall Slade: no, it's ok, but it must take some time to load and check every one
[11:19] BlueWall Slade: nothing major, Dahlia
[11:19] Dutchy Daredevil: istill seen my self not today .. never so slows been as now lol
[11:20] Justin Clark-Casey: tbh, I think the nicest thing would be to find out if we can lift the AppDomain restriction on Windows
[11:20] Dutchy Daredevil: Hi dalia ltns
[11:20] BlueWall Slade: on the script engin?
[11:20] Richardus Reinard: lift ?
[11:20] Dahlia Trimble: hi
[11:20] Nebadon Izumi: ya my guess is that has something to do with how .net and mono handle threads
[11:20] Marcus Llewellyn: So people wanting to use non-core modules will need to edit a file to alert OpenSim of their existance in order for them to be loaded?
[11:20] Nebadon Izumi: hard to say though
[11:20] Justin Clark-Casey: this stops us potentially setting all scripts to load in the same appdomain by default, which with not deleting old script DLLs massively speeds up startup
[11:20] Richardus Reinard: what do you have in mind justin ?
[11:20] Justin Clark-Casey: Marcus: no, they would still be picked up as they are now
[11:20] Marcus Llewellyn: kk :)
[11:21] Justin Clark-Casey: richardus: need to find out if an AppDomain on windows has an upper assembly limit and whether this can be changed
[11:21] BlueWall Slade: Dahlia, mainly, you would need to enter the name of the module in the [Modules] section of the ini
[11:21] BlueWall Slade: if it makes sense to finish that up, we will go slow and document it well.
[11:21] Richardus Reinard: if your looking anyway in that corner. why does it seems disabled scripts get enabled after a restart of opensim. ? it seems to happen still. it ignores the run checkbox ?
[11:22] BlueWall Slade: plenty of warning
[11:22] Justin Clark-Casey: don't know richardus.
[11:22] BlueWall Slade: maybe an ini option before totaly removing the old way
[11:23] Justin Clark-Casey: BlueWall: I must admit, I'm not sure that particular [Modules] approach is currently being used anywhere
[11:23] Justin Clark-Casey: The stuff currently in [Modules] is manually picked up and used by individual modules afaik, rather than being used by the loader
[11:23] Justin Clark-Casey: perhaps I'm wrong
[11:24] BlueWall Slade: it is running through it, but looks like they are already loaded by the old one
[11:24] BlueWall Slade: I'll poke on it to see what is happening
[11:24] Justin Clark-Casey: ultimately though, you will probably respark the argument about continuing to use Mono.Addins at all
[11:24] BlueWall Slade: eeeeks
[11:24] BlueWall Slade: well
[11:24] Justin Clark-Casey: heh
[11:25] BlueWall Slade: if we update the mono version we might use the thing that is in the Fortis
[11:25] Dahlia Trimble: I missed the mono.addins discussion. can you briefly summarize?
[11:25] Dahlia Trimble: in 10 words or less? lol
[11:25] Justin Clark-Casey: Dahlia: I think the last one was about 2 years ago. Basically, some people hate mono.addins (e.g. Melanie)
[11:25] Justin Clark-Casey: I can't say I completely disagree but it's a lot of work to change that
[11:26] Justin Clark-Casey: mono.addins can be a bit funky
[11:26] Nebadon Izumi: heh
[11:26] BlueWall Slade: it's a pita to setup, but makes things work nice
[11:26] BlueWall Slade: the other thing seems easier
[11:26] Justin Clark-Casey: I think .NET itself now has some kind of module system in the SDK
[11:26] BlueWall Slade: yes
[11:26] Dahlia Trimble: what does it do anyway? lol I never looked
[11:26] Justin Clark-Casey: tbh, I don't fully know - I never remember the details
[11:26] BlueWall Slade: it makes the main application extensible
[11:26] Justin Clark-Casey: as long as the damn thing works I don't go near it
[11:26] BlueWall Slade: like automatic plugins
[11:26] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[11:27] Dahlia Trimble: so it loads dlls?
[11:27] BlueWall Slade: yes, and places them into the main app
[11:27] Dahlia Trimble: oh I thought there were apis for that in .net since day 1
[11:27] BlueWall Slade: [assembly: Addin("RegionCombinerModule", "0.1")]
[assembly: AddinDependency("OpenSim", "0.5")]
[11:27] BlueWall Slade: [Extension(Path = "/OpenSim/RegionModules", NodeName = "RegionModule")]
[11:27] BlueWall Slade: you see those tags in the region modules
[11:28] Dahlia Trimble: ya
[11:28] BlueWall Slade: they are telling addins how to treat the dll
[11:28] BlueWall Slade: Extension(Path = "/OpenSim/RegionModules
[11:28] Dahlia Trimble: ah ok so its a convenience wrapper thing
[11:28] BlueWall Slade: yes
[11:28] BlueWall Slade: they get attached tho that
[11:28] BlueWall Slade: to that
[11:28] BlueWall Slade: you have to give it a node name
[11:29] BlueWall Slade: assembly: Addin("RegionCombinerModule", "0.1")
[11:29] Richardus Raymaker: am still cloud ?
[11:29] BlueWall Slade: so the loader will pick that name up
[11:29] Dutchy Daredevil: iam to rira
[11:29] BlueWall Slade: I have to look more, but I think it pulls the specific dll name from the main assembly
[11:29] Richardus Raymaker: no dutchy
[11:29] Richardus Raymaker: only nebs head not loaded :)
[11:30] Richardus Raymaker: looks funny
[11:30] BlueWall Slade: right now we try to load every dll in the ./bin dir
[11:30] Andrew HellershanksAndrew Hellershanks is waiting for new map tile to be generated
[11:30] BlueWall Slade: and inspect each type
[11:30] Dutchy Daredevil: not ? for my self i am cloudy now
[11:30] BlueWall Slade: lots of iterations
[11:30] Richardus Raymaker: you mis some clothing dutchy
[11:30] Justin Clark-CaseyJustin Clark-Casey was wondering whether that was intentional :)
[11:30] Dutchy Daredevil: i seen nothing by me self
[11:30] Dutchy Daredevil: total nothing
[11:32] Justin Clark-Casey: ok, well, any other opensim topics today?
[11:32] BlueWall Slade:
[11:32] Justin Clark-Casey: yeah, that's waht I was thinking of
[11:32] Justin Clark-Casey: I thin kit's relatively recent
[11:32] Nebadon Izumi: hmm i feel like I am forgetting to mention something
[11:32] BlueWall Slade: I think it is in mono since about 2.8
[11:32] Richardus Raymaker: only a note justin, still looking into it. feels like the sensors still soemtimes stop. but only see it as note for now
[11:32] Nebadon Izumi: oh yes
[11:32] Nebadon Izumi: i have one
[11:32] VivK Lowlag: any way to get ban lines to show up in the viewer from a further distance?
[11:33] Nebadon Izumi: i actually need to file a mantis
[11:33] Dahlia Trimble: 2.8? so that would mean min version goes up?
[11:33] Nebadon Izumi: but it seems that when you uncheck ability for a Group member to build on a land parcel
[11:33] Nebadon Izumi: they can still build
[11:33] Nebadon Izumi: if they are in the group
[11:33] Nebadon Izumi: they don't even need group active
[11:33] BlueWall Slade: well, there is a dll that provides it in the old Fortis
[11:33] Richardus Raymaker: i think i have good instructions how to compile mono for ubuntu & suse on my webpage.
[11:34] Nebadon Izumi: it only seems to be if you have the Allow Deed for Group box checked on general in about land
[11:34] Nebadon Izumi: i need to go over it one more time, and file a mantis
[11:34] Nebadon Izumi: looks like an old problem though
[11:34] BlueWall Slade: I noticed that. It is pretty close.
[11:34] Nebadon Izumi: i tried going back to an august version of opensim and it still does it
[11:34] Marcus LlewellynMarcus Llewellyn shakes a fist in the air in mock anger. Damn groups.
[11:34] BlueWall Slade: I think they don't show up too close in SL either
[11:34] Nebadon Izumi: heh
[11:35] Nebadon Izumi: ya its not the end of the world really
[11:35] Nebadon Izumi: just something Eryn noticed the other day and pointed out to me
[11:35] Richardus Raymaker: hmm, most times you see the ban lines when you hit them... also in sl..
[11:35] Nebadon Izumi: and I was able to confirm
[11:35] VivK Lowlag: in sl you can see them 10m away
[11:35] BlueWall Slade: I'll try to make a comparison with SL to see what it looks like there
[11:35] BlueWall Slade: ahhh, ok
[11:35] VivK Lowlag: here it's ike 1m
[11:35] VivK Lowlag: like
[11:35] Nebadon Izumi: huh
[11:36] Nebadon Izumi: you would think thats something hard coded into viewer
[11:36] Dutchy Daredevil: its a older matter Nem it was going in june
[11:36] Dutchy Daredevil: Neb
[11:36] Nebadon Izumi: but maybe we are not passing the location or something
[11:36] Nebadon Izumi: you would think it would calculate from the parcel info
[11:36] Dutchy Daredevil: from time you where busy with asset derver
[11:37] Dutchy Daredevil: server
[11:37] Marcus LlewellynMarcus Llewellyn shakes a fist in the air in mock anger. Damn dervers.
[11:37] Dahlia Trimble: ya cant trust any dervers
[11:37] Dutchy Daredevil: lol marcus
[11:38] Dutchy Daredevil: dahlia
[11:38] Richardus Raymaker: get a lolcat marcus. maby that helps :)
[11:38] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[11:38] Dahlia TrimbleDahlia Trimble giggles
[11:39] Justin Clark-Casey: any other opensim issues?
[11:39] BlueWall Slade: it look slike it is random
[11:39] BlueWall Slade: in OS
[11:39] Nebadon Izumi: hmm nothing I can think of
[11:40] BlueWall Slade: but is about 2-3m
[11:40] Andrew Hellershanks: Map tiles are looking better with 128.0 instead of 127.5
[11:40] Marcus Llewellyn: I"m wondering if other people are still seeing problems with scripts when you have multiple regions running in a single instance.
[11:40] Nebadon Izumi: great Andrew
[11:40] Richardus Raymaker: only that my inventory loads less easy. :O phoenix mesh same. it did not really load fine
[11:40] Dahlia Trimble: has anyone looked into the hole in the ground thing lately?
[11:40] Nebadon Izumi: if you can whip up a patch or just tell me what to change I can get that in
[11:40] Andrew Hellershanks: I'm still seeing some oddities but I'm checking why.
[11:40] Nebadon Izumi: hole in the ground Dahlia?
[11:40] Andrew Hellershanks: Nebadon: np. Is there an open mantis?
[11:40] Nebadon Izumi: ok Andrew, no rush of course
[11:40] Nebadon Izumi: hmm i doubt it
[11:40] Dahlia Trimble: where you stand on the ground and just fall in
[11:40] Andrew Hellershanks: k
[11:41] BlueWall Slade: I havent' seen that
[11:41] Dahlia Trimble: I see it all the time
[11:41] Nebadon Izumi: ah, you know the only place I ever see that happen is on 3rd Rock grid
[11:41] Richardus Raymaker: you mean the avatra sinking dahlia ?
[11:41] Andrew Hellershanks: quicksand?
[11:41] Dahlia Trimble: ya
[11:41] VivK Lowlag: especially if it is a rise in the ground
[11:41] Richardus Raymaker: i see it here sometimes.
[11:41] Nebadon Izumi: at the Imprudence meetings
[11:41] Nebadon Izumi: i don't recall that ever happening to me here at OSgrid
[11:41] Dahlia Trimble: doesnt seem to happen on flat ground
[11:41] Nebadon Izumi: maybe its a latency issue
[11:41] Nebadon Izumi: hmm
[11:41] Dahlia Trimble: it happens to all my regions
[11:42] Richardus Raymaker: hmm, i think i did have it on flat ground to dahlia.
[11:42] VivK Lowlag: it can happen at cemetery Neb
[11:42] Nebadon Izumi: k
[11:42] Marcus Llewellyn: Is this where you wind up with your ankles at ear level?
[11:42] Richardus Raymaker: but its hard to say why
[11:42] VivK Lowlag: inclined ground especially
[11:42] Dahlia Trimble: you fall in and start bouncing around
[11:42] Justin Clark-Casey: never experienced that
[11:42] Nebadon Izumi: ya on 3rd Rock grid ive been launched in the air a few times
[11:42] Justin Clark-Casey: servers running on linux or windows?
[11:43] Dahlia Trimble: maybe its a setting or something
[11:43] Nebadon Izumi: hmm
[11:43] Dahlia Trimble: the tensor settings?
[11:43] VivK Lowlag: that's ODE
[11:43] Nebadon Izumi: your running the latest OpenSim.ini?
[11:43] BlueWall Slade: do you see a hole?
[11:43] Nebadon Izumi: no
[11:43] Dahlia Trimble: ya even the ODE collision demos do it
[11:43] Nebadon Izumi: you just sinke down
[11:43] BlueWall Slade: like the terrain isn't complete
[11:43] Richardus Raymaker: only thing that happens much here is that my animation stays in soem fly pose last in a walk. its pretty easy to fix when you wait sort and fly walk or drop
[11:44] Nebadon Izumi: the wierd thing is if it was ODE, you would think it would happen on prims too
[11:44] Nebadon Izumi: though i guess its unflat surfaces
[11:44] Justin Clark-Casey: terrain and prims are handled differently in ode
[11:44] Justin Clark-Casey: though I'm not sure exactly how that would play here
[11:44] Marcus Llewellyn: Wonder if it happens on meshmerized sculpts/meshes.
[11:45] Dahlia Trimble: terrain is a heightfield
[11:45] Dahlia Trimble: in ode
[11:45] Nebadon Izumi: hmm
[11:46] BlueWall Slade: I do remmeber going underground and seeing my shadow walking
[11:46] BlueWall Slade: I don't remember if it was in OS or SL tough
[11:46] BlueWall Slade: been a while.
[11:46] Dahlia Trimble: lol
[11:47] Dahlia Trimble: it didnt run away did it?
[11:47] BlueWall Slade: I'll try on some hilly terrain
[11:47] VivK Lowlag: some of it was fixed though when the lindogram weight was set in
[11:47] BlueWall Slade: hehe - it tried
[11:47] Dahlia Trimble: hilly terrain is the worst
[11:47] BlueWall Slade: I had to move fast to keep up
[11:48] Nebadon Izumi: hmm ya might be worth playing around with some of the OpenSim.ini settings
[11:48] Nebadon Izumi: also
[11:48] Nebadon Izumi: can you try changing this
[11:48] Nebadon Izumi: 1sec
[11:48] Nebadon Izumi: [ODEPhysicsSettings]
[11:49] Nebadon Izumi: av_density = 3
[11:49] Nebadon Izumi: the default is like 80
[11:49] Dahlia Trimble: hmmm
[11:49] Nebadon Izumi: which makes your avatar about 50 times heaveier than SL
[11:49] Nebadon Izumi: 3 makes it exactly what it would be in SL
[11:49] Justin Clark-Casey: does that make a noticeable difference?
[11:49] Dahlia Trimble: that might affect it I guess
[11:50] Nebadon Izumi: it makes a huge difference walking up stairs
[11:50] Richardus Raymaker: still looks like a inventory search querry dont get good to the server. if i open a folder it loads the invemntory fine. but with search it keeps hanging with loading... many times
[11:50] Nebadon Izumi: and in vehicles
[11:50] BlueWall Slade: shouold we make that the default?
[11:50] Nebadon Izumi: if your trying to make calculations based on the vehicle weight
[11:50] Richardus Raymaker: hmm, is the bug anyway fix ever that you can onlky walk good on a prim from 1 side ?
[11:50] Nebadon Izumi: i actually couldnt even use Bouyancy right
[11:50] Nebadon Izumi: unless i changed that to 3
[11:50] Nebadon Izumi: otherwise the vehicle was too heavy
[11:50] Justin Clark-Casey: bluewall: possibly
[11:51] Nebadon Izumi: i have it set to 3 as default in OSgrid release
[11:51] Dahlia Trimble: on one side? you mean like a stairway?
[11:51] Nebadon Izumi: ya with it set to 80
[11:51] Nebadon Izumi: you can only walk up a stair thats like .25m
[11:51] Dahlia Trimble: is the capsule still tilted?
[11:51] Nebadon Izumi: with it on 3 you can walk up stairs that are like .4
[11:51] Simulator Version v0.5 shouts: OpenSim 0.7.3 Dev          4d065f0: 2011-12-17 02:42:43 +0000 (Unix/Mono)
[11:51] Richardus Raymaker: yes, in the past if you did have a flat prim 5x5x.5 you coudl walk on it from one side. and the otehr 3 where hard
[11:52] Dahlia Trimble: I think thats the capsule tilt
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: could be
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: its still not exactly the same as SL with stairs
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: but if you change av density to 3
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: its major improvement
[11:52] Richardus Raymaker: maby important question, what happens next week ?
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: especailyl on sculpty stairs
[11:52] Dahlia Trimble: Ill try the 3 thing
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: cool
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: be good to know
[11:52] BlueWall Slade: I tried moving around on some hilly terrain and couldn't fall through
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: might be why i never see it
[11:53] Nebadon Izumi: cause the sims im always on probably have it set for 3
[11:53] Richardus Raymaker: if you change some setting, could you post that on news nebadon
[11:53] Nebadon Izumi: Richardus, generally I do
[11:53] Dahlia Trimble: BlueWall, its not consistant or predictable
[11:53] Nebadon Izumi: we have had av_density set to 3 for years now
[11:53] Richardus Raymaker: does news not have automatic date add on ?
[11:53] Nebadon Izumi: its nothing new
[11:53] Nebadon Izumi: there should be a date
[11:54] VivK Lowlag: last year :P
[11:54] Nebadon Izumi: its there
[11:54] Nebadon Izumi: 03
UPDATE – Release changes for OSgrid OpenSimulator
[11:54] Nebadon Izumi: its in a white box
[11:54] Nebadon Izumi: next to the title
[11:54] Richardus Raymaker: aha.
Personal tools
About This Wiki