Chat log from the meeting on 2009-10-13

From OpenSimulator

Revision as of 18:28, 3 March 2012 by MakoBot (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

[9:57] Teravus Ousley is Online
[9:58] Ideia Boa: hello all
[9:58] Nebadon Izumi: hello
[9:58] Entering god mode, level 255
[9:58] Hiro Protagonist: Hiya
[9:58] Kitto Flora: Hello
[9:59] Master Dubrovna: Howdy!
[9:59] Kitto Flora: Packets are sure mixed up today
[9:59] Hiro Protagonist: yep
[10:00] Ideia Boa: hello all
[10:00] Orion Hax: o/
[10:01] Hiro Protagonist: howdo
[10:03] Nebadon Izumi: give a few more minutes for people to show up
[10:03] Nebadon Izumi: anyone have anything they want to talk about?
[10:04] Nebadon Izumi: testing and patching has somewhat fizzeled out since last week
[10:04] Hiro Protagonist: most of the people who were asking about the meeting arent here yet
[10:04] WhiteStar Magic: region crossings ?
[10:04] Nebadon Izumi: hope we can get back into some kind of groove again here soon
[10:04] Justin Clark-Casey: hello folks
[10:04] Nebadon Izumi: hello Justin
[10:04] paulie Flomar: region crossing seems ok for me. Is it broked for otghers?
[10:04] WhiteStar Magic: HI Again Justin
[10:04] Shaun Emerald: I suspect you will, when jhurliman's next batch of code from Intel clers in a week or so.
[10:04] WhiteStar Magic: pretty much everyone I talk to
[10:04] Nebadon Izumi: ive not done much border crossing or teleporting myself
[10:04] Shaun Emerald: clears*
[10:04] Friendly Harbour: after all the testing and bugfixing the last week, when will we see a new binary we can download from the website?
[10:05] paulie Flomar: hmm
[10:05] Penny Lane: We're not expecting crashes here right, after the last week's fixes and high agent count tests?
[10:05] Nebadon Izumi: already there Friendly
[10:05] Friendly Harbour: really?
[10:05] Nebadon Izumi: yes
[10:05] paulie Flomar: do we know when the vehicle code will go into trunk or binary?
[10:05] Friendly Harbour: think i need new glases :p
[10:05] Nebadon Izumi: not for a while paulie
[10:05] Orion Hax: what is the sim perfomance at that high of a av count
[10:05] Nebadon Izumi: soneone could make a binary
[10:05] paulie Flomar: k
[10:05] Nebadon Izumi: but i dont see that hitting core anytime soon
[10:06] Kitto Flora: Nebadon - why not? Its certainly no worse than whats in Trnk
[10:06] Kitto Flora: And it does fix a sim crash
[10:06] Nebadon Izumi: well just needs more testing and reporting really
[10:06] Nebadon Izumi: but i agree
[10:06] Nebadon Izumi: its as good as whats in trunk to me
[10:06] Nebadon Izumi: but really ive not tested it enough
[10:06] Nebadon Izumi: except in 1 mega region
[10:07] Hiro Protagonist: I thinks its very close
[10:07] paulie Flomar: I fought my region for a few days trying to get it back up. It turned out that my spot on the grid was taken. I seem to remember that the console used to throw an error to that effect. The new error doent give any clue that a spot is taken. Maybe we could fix that so we get an error that tell sus when our chosen spot is taken?
[10:07] Nebadon Izumi: ODE seems pretty borked to me
[10:07] Nebadon Izumi: in general
[10:07] BlueWall Slade: does it use the LL vehicle system ?
[10:07] Hiro Protagonist: we just need to hear from a few more testers
[10:07] Nebadon Izumi: not sure about your trunk
[10:07] Hiro Protagonist: Fredo Chaplin would be a good one
[10:07] Kitto Flora: Why is ODE borked? Or are you talking about ODE on Trunk?
[10:07] Nebadon Izumi: yes on Trunk
[10:07] Fly Man: Hmm
[10:07] Fly Man: Sinking
[10:07] Nebadon Izumi: it keeps spewing on consoles
[10:08] Blazsword Winx shouts: I cant get my region to set up it's just gives me some weird red text error in the console :( Help!!
[10:08] Dahlia Trimble is Online
[10:08] paulie Flomar: otoh, I see less fdlailing lately.
[10:08] Kitto Flora: I agree - ODE on Trunk is bad. And it will crash region
[10:08] paulie Flomar: *less flailing
[10:08] Fly Man: Am I seated ?
[10:08] Justin Clark-Casey: ODE has degenerated?
[10:08] Nebadon Izumi: seems to have Justincc
[10:08] Shaun Emerald: fly - no
[10:08] Justin Clark-Casey: yes, I saw Teravus did something to relieve the flailing disease
[10:08] Nebadon Izumi: im restarting these plazas several times per day with ODE exceptions
[10:08] Nebadon Izumi: spewing endlessly
[10:08] Fly Man: Wowy
[10:08] Justin Clark-Casey: two steps forward one step back :)
[10:08] Nebadon Izumi: i can show you a Wright Plaza log
[10:08] Nebadon Izumi: thats 420mb
[10:08] Fly Man: I'm doing Joga with my feet in my neck
[10:08] Nebadon Izumi: easily 75% of the log
[10:08] Nebadon Izumi: is ODE spew
[10:08] Blazsword Winx shouts: Can anyone help?
[10:08] Fly Man: Ahh, now it's gone
[10:08] paulie Flomar: yeah, Ive sen my regions crashing with ODE spew lately, too..
[10:08] Kitto Flora: What I have been fixing in ODE on the Vehicle branch is to make it deal with LL Vehicles
[10:09] Nebadon Izumi: and thats 420mb in 48 hours
[10:09] Nebadon Izumi: 75% of it is ODE spewage
[10:09] Fly Man: Is Justin just bBlack ?
[10:09] Nebadon Izumi: he is
[10:09] Nebadon Izumi: probably on 2nd monitor :)
[10:09] Fly Man: k
[10:09] Blazsword Winx: :(
[10:09] Penny Lane: What kind of ODE faults?
[10:09] Fly Man: Hey Dahlia
[10:09] Justin Clark-Casey: yeah, I know - sorry folks
[10:09] Nebadon Izumi: give me a moment
[10:09] Fly Man shouts: Blaszword, what ?
[10:09] Dahlia Trimble: Hi :)
[10:09] Justin Clark-Casey: Hey Dahlia
[10:09] Nebadon Izumi: i will try to paste some examples
[10:09] Fly Man: Hey Dahlia
[10:10] paulie Flomar: Ill have to take a note next time I get red ODE spew.
[10:10] Dahlia Trimble hasnt rezzed yet
[10:10] Justin Clark-Casey: fly man: better?
[10:10] Fly Man: nope
[10:10] Fly Man: still black
[10:10] Justin Clark-Casey: humph
[10:10] Shaun Emerald: Oh, if any of you care (and I know some here don't), diva fixed inventory transfers over HG last night.
[10:11] Penny Lane: Interesting
[10:11] Kitto Flora: Someone mentioned Flailing - its was fixed a couple of days back.
[10:11] Shaun Emerald: Yes
[10:11] Shaun Emerald: quite nicely
[10:11] paulie Flomar whispers: KItto: yeah I see no flaliling now!
[10:11] Penny Lane: Some don't care because they don't support HG, or what?
[10:12] paulie Flomar: I understood that HG was broken in trunk and should be duisabled for now?
[10:12] Shaun Emerald: not true paulie
[10:12] Hiro Protagonist: thing is kitto, that fix came in with all this ODE spew Neb's been talking about
[10:12] BlueWall Slade: it works for me
[10:12] paulie Flomar: great! I loe HG! Ill turn it back on for my regions.
[10:13] Kitto Flora: Huh? Hiro, are you saying that the flailing fix may have caused some ODE error messages?
[10:13] Starky Rubble: Penny: More just a lack of interest on the part of some
[10:13] Hiro Protagonist: yep, or possibly warnings
[10:13] Fly Man: Dahlia, the patch that you brought in
[10:13] Kitto Flora: OK - I never saw any in all the testing. BUT - I'd be very interested to see the messges
[10:13] Dahlia Trimble: the intel one?
[10:13] Fly Man: Was that one tested with Jhurliman ?
[10:14] Fly Man: The one that stopped lockdowns
[10:14] Hiro Protagonist: at least, it came in at the same time - I dont have a direct corelation I can make to the flailing fix
[10:14] Hiro Protagonist backpeddles a bit
[10:15] Dahlia Trimble: not that I know of. I hadn't intended to commit it, it was in my local branch and I was testing it but it committed without me knowing when I was trying to use git.
[10:15] Kitto Flora: Yeah - possibly coincidental. But - ODE stuff I can usually figure out whats causing it
[10:15] Nebadon Izumi: hmm
[10:15] Nebadon Izumi: well i tried
[10:15] Dahlia Trimble: so I left it and made a note that I'll remove it if there are problems
[10:15] Nebadon Izumi: this log file is just too large
[10:15] Nebadon Izumi: im unable to copy anything from it
[10:15] Dahlia Trimble is git challenged :/
[10:15] Nebadon Izumi: without crashing my machine out
[10:15] Justin Clark-Casey: dan lake is concerned about it, but as you say, if it works then why not have it in
[10:16] Nebadon Izumi: but basiclly its something to do with avatar
[10:16] Nebadon Izumi: let me see i might have a mantis about it
[10:16] Nebadon Izumi: i forget
[10:16] Dahlia Trimble: ya when I apply a patch with tortoise git, I dont have the control or visibility I'd like to have
[10:16] Kitto Flora: Nebadon: I lost which subject you are talking about :)
[10:17] Nebadon Izumi: ya no worries
[10:17] Nebadon Izumi: i cant provide any info anyway
[10:17] Nebadon Izumi: the log is total loss
[10:17] Nebadon Izumi: i dont seem to have mantised it yet either
[10:18] Kitto Flora: WHats the state of Memory LEaks? Is it all fixed now?
[10:18] Nebadon Izumi: but basiclly several times per day this region and Lbsa plaza are crashing with ODE spew
[10:18] Nebadon Izumi: 1000's of lines
[10:18] Kitto Flora: Ok
[10:18] Nebadon Izumi: something about ODEAvatar or something
[10:18] Kitto Flora: ODECharacter?
[10:18] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[10:18] Nebadon Izumi: thats it
[10:18] Kitto Flora: That is interesting
[10:18] Nebadon Izumi: im still looking i know i have pastbin
[10:19] Hiro Protagonist: ODEUpdateAvatarPosition I think
[10:19] Kitto Flora: Ohhh
[10:19] Kitto Flora: Thats in the area of the flailing fix
[10:19] Shaun Emerald: Isn;t that what jhurliman was telling you was getting set to Null when there should be no possible way for it to be set that way?
[10:19] Hiro Protagonist: we did have spew on lbsa plaza, but I managed to restart the plaza trying to capture it :(
[10:19] Nebadon Izumi: AHA
[10:19] Nebadon Izumi: found
[10:20] Nebadon Izumi:
[10:20] Hiro Protagonist: bingo
[10:20] Shaun Emerald: Yes, I remembered right. :)
[10:20] Nebadon Izumi: as you can see i did a kill -3 <pid>
[10:21] Nebadon Izumi: there is about 200 pages of spew above that pastebin
[10:21] Nebadon Izumi: it does this 4-5 times a day right now
[10:21] Kitto Flora: Ode.NET.d.BodyGetPosition (IntPtr body)
[0x00000] <-- that means opensim code asked for the position of an avatar with a null pointer
[10:21] Nebadon Izumi: it started right around the time you fixed flailing
[10:21] Sydney Idealist: Hi
[10:21] Kitto Flora: ODE complains ;)
[10:22] paulie Flomar: Howdeh, Sidney.
[10:22] Kitto Flora: So the code has lost the pointer for a Av
[10:22] Dahlia Trimble: Sydney is me running IdealistViewer
[10:22] paulie Flomar: Hi, Dahlia. :)
[10:22] Nebadon Izumi: i asked Teravus he seemed to think it was impossible this is happening
[10:22] Nebadon Izumi: so i dont really know
[10:22] Kitto Flora: Off hand I dont see the connection with the flailing fix. its 'alongside' what was fixed
[10:22] Sydney Idealist: call me Sydney ;)
[10:22] Baba Sucks: I am here
[10:22] Fly Man: Hey, look who came in
[10:22] Nebadon Izumi: hey Baba
[10:22] Fly Man: Hey Baba
[10:22] Kally Rakan: I get WARNs in the log about OpenSim.Region.Physics.OdePlugin.OdeCharacter not being able to find the Shell Body Amotor data. Would that be related?
[10:23] paulie Flomar: Hey there, baba!
[10:23] Kitto Flora: Kally: Maybe
[10:23] Kitto Flora: That error sounds like ODE lost the angle control motor for an Avatar
[10:24] WhiteStar Magic: ....
[10:24] Kitto Flora: Or it was never assigned
[10:24] Shaun Emerald: (Don;t look now, but we're 24 minutes into the MEETING, without a crash.) :-)
[10:24] paulie Flomar: and everyones avatar textures are showing up!
[10:24] paulie Flomar: Thx, baba. :)
[10:24] Starky Rubble: shhh
[10:24] Baba Sucks: :)
[10:24] Dahlia Trimble is Offline
[10:24] Ideia Boa: the crash are no longer allowed
[10:25] paulie Flomar: we can haz stability!
[10:25] Baba Sucks: some people are not showing up as online..
[10:25] Kitto Flora: Nebadon: ANy clue as to how many avatars in the region when that spew happens?
[10:25] Dahlia Trimble is Online
[10:25] Baba Sucks: new friends in this session do.. others dont
[10:25] Simulator Version v0.5 shouts: OpenSim 0.6.8 (Dev) git# 25e7697 2009-10-03 16:33:10 -0700 (OS Fedora release 9 (Sulphur) Kernel \r on an \m) ChilTasks:True PhysPrim:True
[10:26] WhiteStar Magic: That has been an issue for a week or two now Baba
[10:26] Kally Rakan: I also got an ODE error when crossing a region border. Only time I saw one
[10:26] WhiteStar Magic: friends not showing online
[10:26] Baba Sucks: ok.. just noticed
[10:26] Hiro Protagonist: since the move to 'ROBUST' methinks
[10:26] WhiteStar Magic: even when standing next to them and talking with them
[10:26] Nebadon Izumi: Kitto Flora ive seen it happen with 3-4 avatars tehre
[10:26] Nebadon Izumi: and ive seen it happen with 15+
[10:26] Shaun Emerald: Has anyone mantised it?
[10:26] Kitto Flora: Crossing region borders, errors you will get!
[10:26] Shaun Emerald: (The friends not showing online)
[10:26] Hiro Protagonist: I havent
[10:27] Hiro Protagonist: I've never really caught friends working right
[10:27] Kally Rakan: the plazas see a lot of traffic so if it's movement related it's most likely to show up there
[10:28] WhiteStar Magic: it was working but occassionally it just doesn't for a while, on the friends issue
[10:28] Dahlia Trimble: my avatar is taking a trip around WP
[10:28] Dahlia Trimble: heh that was wierd
[10:28] Kitto Flora: Ode.NET.d.BodyGetPosition (IntPtr body)
[0x00000] ... that kind of error I'd expect with a failed teleport or border crossing - or the Users disconnected or client crashed
[10:29] Nebadon Izumi: well
[10:29] Nebadon Izumi: clients are being cut off left and right
[10:29] Nebadon Izumi: that i can say for sure
[10:29] Nebadon Izumi: many times just me standing here alone
[10:29] Kitto Flora: Basically part A knows the Avs gone and part B is still trying to use the Av
[10:29] Nebadon Izumi: can get be booted for no reason at all
[10:29] Nebadon Izumi: then i cant get back
[10:29] Nebadon Izumi: either takes 4-5 relogs to get back
[10:29] Nebadon Izumi: or i have to restart sim
[10:30] Bri Hasp is Online
[10:30] Nebadon Izumi: probably related
[10:30] Nebadon Izumi: since both problems are pretty recent ones
[10:30] Kally Rakan: did you try logging in to a different place and teleporting to your last positon?
[10:30] Nebadon Izumi: no that i recall
[10:30] Nebadon Izumi: teleporting fails most of the time for me
[10:31] Nebadon Izumi: i usually dont teleport anywhere
[10:31] Kally Rakan: I sometimes have problems logging into my sim directly but I can tp to it
[10:31] Shaun Emerald: Is Teravus still working on mega-regions? I haven't seen anything new from him in a while and I know I filed a couple of mantises about some real broken-ness moving between them and normal regions (and vice versa).
[10:31] Nebadon Izumi: I think he is currently working on other things at the moment
[10:32] Nebadon Izumi: he has mentioned working on other project lately
[10:32] Nebadon Izumi: said he has to finish that up 1st
[10:32] Nebadon Izumi: before resuming stuff here
[10:32] Kitto Flora: What did happen on the Memory Leak(s) Is it all found and fixed?
[10:32] Nebadon Izumi: most are Kitto
[10:33] Nebadon Izumi: there are probably some minor ones still present
[10:33] Nebadon Izumi: nothing that will drain your machine in 10 minutes anymore
[10:33] Shaun Emerald: what are you showing for here now, nebadon?
[10:33] Nebadon Izumi: 374mb ram
[10:33] Shaun Emerald: how many?
[10:33] Kitto Flora: 2
[10:33] Kitto Flora: 22
[10:33] Shaun Emerald: sweet
[10:33] Nebadon Izumi: ya 21-22
[10:33] Nebadon Izumi: somethign like that
[10:34] WhiteStar Magic: I have 22 avatars
[10:34] Kitto Flora: Whats cpu load like?
[10:34] Nebadon Izumi: 59% cpu
[10:34] Nebadon Izumi: of 1 core
[10:34] Nebadon Izumi: seems high to me
[10:35] Nebadon Izumi: since we are sitting
[10:36] Justin Clark-Casey: still, at least we're still here
[10:36] Justin Clark-Casey: even if we're corpsing
[10:36] Bri Hasp is Online
[10:36] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[10:36] Nebadon Izumi: its running really good
[10:36] Kitto Flora: I am a bit concerned about part of the fix for flailing - it has the animation switch routine running at ~10 times / sec per avatar. Better than it was - at 44/sec. But one design has it at 0, for no avatar motion.
[10:36] Nebadon Izumi: even though cpu is high
[10:36] Nebadon Izumi: i wouldnt call it outrageously high either
[10:36] Nebadon Izumi: just a tad high for sitting around chatting
[10:37] Nebadon Izumi: theres a slight lag when moving
[10:37] Misterblue Waves: I'm getting over 200 agent updates per sec
[10:37] Nebadon Izumi: every few steps a slight stuttering lag
[10:37] Nebadon Izumi: but i can tell you
[10:37] Nebadon Izumi: that same lag exists
[10:38] Nebadon Izumi: even with 2 users here
[10:38] Kitto Flora: Thats completly smooth for me
[10:38] Kitto Flora: The lag I refer to is between pressing a movement key and the Av first moving
[10:38] Shaun Emerald: agent updates now at 500+/sec
[10:39] Justin Clark-Casey: shall I stop pacing?
[10:39] Kitto Flora: Shaun - is that what your client is seeing?
[10:39] Shaun Emerald: yes
[10:39] Shaun Emerald: when 3 of you were moving
[10:39] Shaun Emerald: down to 100 now
[10:39] Misterblue Waves: someday someone should look at that... a walking av generates upwards of 100 updates per sec
[10:40] Shaun Emerald: neb took it back to 500+
[10:40] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[10:40] Kitto Flora: I dont know if OS does low rate motion data and expects client interpolation
[10:40] Nebadon Izumi: thats pretty bad
[10:40] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[10:41] Nebadon Izumi: 100 to 600
[10:41] Nebadon Izumi: just me walking
[10:41] Ideia Boa: Sorry but I have to go, but for all know, on Friday I will report live, on WorldSimTerra TV, all tests in OSGrid. Whoever wants to attend can tune in WorldSimTerra site or watch in
[10:41] Shaun Emerald: instant jump from 113 to 566
[10:41] Nebadon Izumi: thats 500 more just by me wlaking
[10:41] Kitto Flora: I do know that the avatar animation update routeine runs at what I think is an unnexessary rate. Whether that results in packets to clients every update I dont know
[10:41] Penny Lane: Walk slower ^_^
[10:42] BlueWall Slade: thanks Idea
[10:42] Ideia Boa: have a nice meeting
[10:42] Shaun Emerald: it goes u
[ just from the typing animations :)
[10:42] Justin Clark-Casey: ideia: live software testing as entertainment, that's a concept :)
[10:42] Shaun Emerald: up*
[10:43] BlueWall Slade: Tech Head Reality Show
[10:43] Shaun Emerald: We're 17 minutes from a crashless meeting? When did hat last happen?
[10:43] Kitto Flora: Well the traffic to ecach client should just be when animations *change*
[10:43] Justin Clark-Casey: don't speak too soon
[10:43] Shaun Emerald: hehe
[10:43] Justin Clark-Casey: so flailing is down, crashes are down but some other issues such as the ODE one are up, in summary?
[10:43] Kitto Flora: But I have an isea the the LL client animation data system is *evil*
[10:44] Nebadon Izumi: basiclly yes Justin
[10:44] WhiteStar Magic: not to mention again the region crossings are back to terrible
[10:44] Shaun Emerald: a lot of the recent work has exposed issues in other areas as other things were knocked down
[10:44] WhiteStar Magic: rubber banding and lludp errors resulting froma crossing
[10:44] BlueWall Slade: seems thtat any avatar entry to a region is pretty bad
[10:44] Nebadon Izumi: WhiteStar yes
[10:44] Nebadon Izumi: thats to be expected
[10:45] Nebadon Izumi: OpenSim is working as it was written too
[10:45] Shaun Emerald: yes, diva speaks of the "avalanche" of packets when an av arrives
[10:45] Nebadon Izumi: thus Logins and telports are extremly harsh
[10:45] Justin Clark-Casey: I think there is some awareness of the region crossing probelms from what I'm reading. I think it is a two steps forward one step back situation
[10:45] WhiteStar Magic: The other issue that no one has mentioned is this "bounce" that everyone gets when the TP into a region
[10:45] Nebadon Izumi: until those are redone
[10:45] Shaun Emerald: They still need to deal with that
[10:45] Bri Hasp is Online
[10:45] Nebadon Izumi: Logins and border crossings will suck bad
[10:45] Nebadon Izumi: WhiteStar this is actually proper behavior
[10:45] Misterblue Waves: and some of the patches that reduced memory use could have created mem problems
[10:45] Nebadon Izumi: accordin to how the code is currently writeen
[10:46] Nebadon Izumi: it will lag on Logins, Teleports and Border crosses really bad
[10:46] Nebadon Izumi: until the old code is replaced
[10:46] WhiteStar Magic: so snapping back & forth from arrival point to where you actually move to is by design ?
[10:46] Nebadon Izumi: right now yes
[10:46] Nebadon Izumi: the code is working how its supposed to
[10:46] Shaun Emerald: I think the next batch of Intel code, due in a week or so, is supposed to help that some.
[10:46] Nebadon Izumi: right now prims have prioroty
[10:46] Nebadon Izumi: over everything
[10:46] Nebadon Izumi: so as prims are loading
[10:46] Nebadon Izumi: its overiding priority for all other packets
[10:47] Nebadon Izumi: thus you bounce around
[10:47] Nebadon Izumi: and things go wierd until all prims in scene load
[10:47] BlueWall Slade: I have a region upgraded to jhurliman's latest patches. So I'll try that after the meeting
[10:47] Shaun Emerald: right and jhurliman's next code delivery will directly deal with that
[10:47] Justin Clark-Casey: nebadon: ah, so this has always been around but revealed by revent other changes?
[10:47] Justin Clark-Casey: recent
[10:47] Nebadon Izumi: yes always been around
[10:47] Nebadon Izumi: but new code has made it feel worse
[10:47] Nebadon Izumi: we were compensating before with bandaids
[10:47] Justin Clark-Casey: ok, I'm guessing the replacement of the udp stack?
[10:47] Nebadon Izumi: yes
[10:47] Nebadon Izumi: we have no packet queue priority
[10:48] Nebadon Izumi: except prims
[10:48] Bri Hasp is Online
[10:48] Justin Clark-Casey: yes
[10:48] Shaun Emerald: no, there used to be prim deprioritization code in there, but when we recently switched to jhurliman's new packet core he didn;t include such a feature.
[10:48] Nebadon Izumi: Jhurliman will be fixing this
[10:48] Nebadon Izumi: no ETA yet
[10:48] Shaun Emerald: his new code, he said, that is coming soon, will take care of that, among other things.
[10:48] Nebadon Izumi: yep
[10:48] Nebadon Izumi: infact
[10:49] Nebadon Izumi: he just checked in part of this into htb-throttle branch
[10:49] Nebadon Izumi: that i will be testing in a bit
[10:49] Nebadon Izumi: we will be doing tests all week no doubt
[10:49] Nebadon Izumi: Jhurliman has the problem of having to have Intel legal clear his work
[10:49] Nebadon Izumi: so things are not moving as fast as we could potentially there
[10:50] Nebadon Izumi: but no doubt soon this stuff will be addressed
[10:50] Shaun Emerald: There was talk of him or melanie hacking prim deprioritization back in until his new code is available, but I suspect that the longer it goes on it becomes a "let's grin and bear it" situation.
[10:50] Nebadon Izumi: so hang around #osgrid this week if you can
[10:50] Nebadon Izumi: we'll need testers
[10:51] Nebadon Izumi: ya jhurliman was out for 4 days about too
[10:51] Nebadon Izumi: so hes sort of playing catch up today
[10:51] Penny Lane: I'm currently sitting in a 22-person meeting in SL so it's pretty similar to ours here. And there I'm seeing about 20% more packets to the region than here on tcpdump, so I don't think we're sending massively more position updates to Opensim or anything like that.
[10:51] Bri Hasp is Offline
[10:51] Nebadon Izumi: if anyone is interested in testing too his branch is still "htb-throttle"
[10:52] Shaun Emerald: melanie says she is currently tring to finally eliminate the mastar avatar.
[10:52] Shaun Emerald: trying*
[10:52] Nebadon Izumi: Penny
[10:52] Nebadon Izumi: that makes sense
[10:52] Nebadon Izumi: since we dont handle 100% of SL packets just yet either
[10:52] Penny Lane: Aye
[10:52] Nebadon Izumi: not suprising its less
[10:52] Nebadon Izumi: we probably dont handle recovery as graceful either
[10:52] Nebadon Izumi: it seems the viewer tend to pound on opensim
[10:53] Nebadon Izumi: like we arent telling them everything they need to know
[10:53] Penny Lane: Could be
[10:53] Shaun Emerald: need/want = two different things, but yah. :)
[10:53] Nebadon Izumi: heh
[10:54] Shaun Emerald: 6 more minutes ... :p
[10:55] Nebadon Izumi: ya great meeting
[10:55] Nebadon Izumi: atleast we are able to make a full meeting
[10:55] Penny Lane: No hiccups! \o/
[10:55] Nebadon Izumi: if thats how we are marking things then these past few weeks have been resounding success
[10:55] Shaun Emerald: when was the last time that happened?
[10:55] Nebadon Izumi: we went from 20-30 minutes uptime here
[10:55] Nebadon Izumi: to easily 10+
[10:55] Nebadon Izumi: 10+ hours
[10:55] Nebadon Izumi: that is
[10:55] Shaun Emerald: lol
[10:55] Shaun Emerald: I was gonna say ...
[10:56] Nebadon Izumi: so i think were still heading in the right direction
[10:56] Nebadon Izumi: we just need to regroup this week
[10:56] Nebadon Izumi: figure out whats next
[10:56] Nebadon Izumi: i think we need to focus on helping jhurliman
[10:56] Shaun Emerald: and the ODE stuff
[10:56] Nebadon Izumi: i think diva is about as far as she can go with core optimizations until john takes things a bit further
[10:57] Nebadon Izumi: diva is back onto HG now
[10:57] Nebadon Izumi: so HG testers please see her about helping
[10:57] Penny Lane: What's JH doing specifically?
[10:57] Kitto Flora: Oh banck up a bit Nebadon: Does that ODE spew result in region crashing?
[10:57] Nebadon Izumi: anyone else lets see about helping Jhurliman as much as we can
[10:57] Nebadon Izumi: no kitto
[10:57] Nebadon Izumi: just major lag
[10:57] Nebadon Izumi: i have to kill it myself to restart it
[10:57] Nebadon Izumi: usually kill the process
[10:57] Nebadon Izumi: sometimes ctrl+c works
[10:57] Nebadon Izumi: somtimes it just freezes the console
[10:57] Kitto Flora: SO once it starts its non-stop till you kill the region?
[10:58] Nebadon Izumi: yep
[10:58] Nebadon Izumi: never ends
[10:58] Nebadon Izumi: some kind of evil loop
[10:58] Nebadon Izumi: the log i have currently shows one bought lasting for severeal hours
[10:58] Kitto Flora: I Think OS has part-lost an avatar. ODE complains about the resulting null-pointer
[10:59] Nebadon Izumi: eventually the region will crash on its own
[10:59] Nebadon Izumi: but its probably something else
[10:59] Nebadon Izumi: unrelated to ODE
[10:59] Nebadon Izumi: occasionally the region is restarting itself without ODE spew
[10:59] Penny Lane: So what's this work that JH is doing that is sort of blocking Diva a bit?
[10:59] Nebadon Izumi: so likely several things going on there
[10:59] Kitto Flora: YEah - likely thats coincidental
[11:00] Justin Clark-Casey: heh, good that we lasted the full hour :)
[11:00] Shaun Emerald: yay
[11:00] Nebadon Izumi: ya
[11:00] Dahlia Trimble has to poof.. bye all, see you on IRC later :)
[11:00] Penny Lane: I don't see JH's work mentioned in Opensim-dev mailing list
[11:01] Nebadon Izumi: i suspected it would
[11:01] Nebadon Izumi: the last few days here have been nothing short of amazing
[11:01] Nebadon Izumi: in terms of improvments
[11:01] Misterblue Waves: I'm out of here also... bye all
[11:01] Dahlia Trimble is Offline
[11:01] Nebadon Izumi: see ya Misterblue
[11:01] Justin Clark-Casey: okay, I'm off - see you folks later. Congrats again to the developers on that and the hard work of testers like Nebadon
[11:01] Nebadon Izumi: Penny Lane im not sure
[11:01] Nebadon Izumi: but i havent gotten a mail from -dev since the 9th
[11:01] Nebadon Izumi: i fear the mailing list is semi broken
[11:01] Justin Clark-Casey: users is certainly oka
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: ya others said they have gotten emails since then
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: so i dont know whats up
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: i use gmail
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: but also mantis is not emailing me
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: not sure what is up
[11:02] Justin Clark-Casey: got an email from dev yesterday so it may be you, Neb
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: ya which would suck
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: since im using gmail
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: not much i can do
[11:02] Justin Clark-Casey: me too though
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: if i dont get one in the next 24 hours
[11:02] Penny Lane: About 10 mails since the 9th, so maybe it's slightly broken yeah
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: i will switch my emails
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: to something non gmail
[11:02] Nebadon Izumi: see if it helps
[11:03] Justin Clark-Casey: ok, bye folks
[11:03] Nebadon Izumi: see ya justin thanks for coming
[11:03] Penny Lane: See you JCC
[11:04] Shaun Emerald: I've got to head out too. Good meeting!
[11:04] Penny Lane: Cyu Shaun
[11:04] Friendly Harbour: i have to leave too ... bye everyone
[11:05] Kitto Flora: Time for lunch
[11:06] Penny Lane: Pretty soon we'll only be visiting Lbsa by choice ;-)
[11:06] Penny Lane: Cyu Friendly
[11:06] paulie Flomar: bye, all. good meeting.
[11:07] Penny Lane: Bye paulie
[11:07] paulie Flomar is Offline
[11:07] WhiteStar Magic: first one in a long time that we all survived without a crash
[11:07] WhiteStar Magic: geez... what like 7-8 weeks
[11:08] Penny Lane: Group huddles RIP
[11:08] WhiteStar Magic: LOL Penny
[11:10] Blazsword Winx shouts: IM me if you haved set up a region befor! Beacus i been trying for 2 days now with no success!!! So please Help!
[11:11] Nebadon Izumi: ya nice to make it a full meeting
[11:11] Nebadon Izumi: and then some
[11:11] Nebadon Izumi: i bet this would go for several hours
[11:11] Nebadon Izumi: i made a lot of changes here too
[11:11] Nebadon Izumi: to help improve things
[11:11] BlueWall Slade shouts: get the distribution frmo the OSG website and user teh ini files there
[11:11] Nebadon Izumi: probably wont notice most of the things i did here
[11:12] Nebadon Izumi: i shut down about 50% of the useless scripts
[11:12] WhiteStar Magic: I saw you added a new building
[11:12] Penny Lane: Hah
[11:12] Nebadon Izumi: ya i added about 2000 prims
[11:12] BlueWall Slade: I have Roswell upgraded, I'll dive over there
[11:12] BlueWall Slade: I saw that ,lol
[11:12] Nebadon Izumi: and set scripts to not running in a few 100 prims
[11:12] Nebadon Izumi: ones that really didnt need their scripts running
[11:12] Blazsword Winx shouts: Can you give me the link also my problem is that i always get terminated after the port setup!
[11:12] Nebadon Izumi: sounds like router isnt set right
[11:13] WhiteStar Magic: or a firewall block
[11:13] Penny Lane: Oh, I'll try other viewers here then. I'd pretty much given up on anything other than Hippo, as all other viewers were dying in mere seconds here.
[11:14] Penny Lane: LL's input validation seems to leave something to be desired.
[11:14] Blazsword Winx shouts: I dont know why that happends but some people says it's beacus of my Opensim.ini also i do use the latest opensim
[11:15] Nebadon Izumi: ok guys i gotta run for a bit
[11:15] Nebadon Izumi: be on IRC

Personal tools
About This Wiki