[Opensim-users] Has the 'stand up' bug in opensim been fixed?

Dr Ramesh Ramloll r.ramloll at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 16:51:54 UTC 2013

Hello,
I have been wondering if whether with improved physics and so on, in the
latest version of opensim for e.g., whether avatars can stand, after
sitting, without being pushed away
In my current setups, I have managed to bypass the issue .... by putting a
large invisible flat prim under objects (e.g. chair) and orienting it in a
particular direction. In addition, when I sit NPCs, I make sure that I move
them back to the chair after they stand up. But this little problem does
have a big impact on user experience .... especially for new people who may
go away with a negative impression of the degree of advancement of the
environment.
Ramesh

*Rameshsharma Ramloll* PhD, CEO CTO DeepSemaphore LLC, Affiliate *Research
Associate Professor*, Idaho State University, Pocatello, ID 83209 Tel:
208-240-0040
LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/in/rameshramloll>, DeepSemaphore
LLC<http://www.deepsemaphore.com>,
RezMela <http://www.rezmela.com>, Google+