[Opensim-users] ode + mesh = phantom

Dahlia Trimble dahliatrimble at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 01:27:49 UTC 2013

I just tried it on one of my test regions using git master as of a couple
weeks ago, mono 2.10.8.1, and using Zen viewer 3.4.3 to upload. I set the
physics mesh to medium LOD. Everything worked fine and I have a collidable
mesh object.

Note that sometimes a mesh physics proxy might fail when first rezzing and
editing a newly uploaded mesh. I believe it's because the asset might not
have made it thru the asset path by the time proxy generation is requested.
I usually select the mesh object, set it phantom, deselect it, select t
again and set it to non-phantom and then deselect it. This should cause a
new request to generate the proxy.