[Opensim-users] Fucntion to read a landmark

Gudule Lapointe gudule at spekuloos.be
Sat Mar 17 01:41:45 UTC 2012

Thank you for the feedback.

After research, and lot of useful information from Diva, it appears that:

1°	http://speculoos.net:8002/ Agora
	is the canonical form (official, and all other schemes are converted to this one, inside opensim, before being processed)

	So it should work in map search as is. It works for me. And it works also as is in osTeleport functions.
	I noticed that removing the space produces errors. But this could be viewer-dependant.

	Actually, the space can not be removed when using this form (host + : + port + /):
	as I understood, using a "root-level" url is not a specification. Though I don't know such cases, the gatekeeper uri could -- technically -- be something like http://domain:port/gatekeeper.php?scope=123&pref=abc. Something is needed between the url and the parameter. And it happens to be a space.

	And, as official standard, every viewer **should** handle this form, with space
	(note that in canonical form, spaces in region name are replaced with an underscore, as you see in OpenSim.ini)

2°	secondlife://http%3A%2F%2Fspeculoos.net%3A8002%2F%20Agora/128/128/
	(yes, it's ugly!)
	this is the "official form" to obtain a link in that and on the web is the url-encoded canonical form, with secondlife:// prefixed and /X/Y/ or /X/Y/Z/ suffixed.

3°	secondlife://speculoos.net:8002:Agora/ or secondlife://speculoos.net:8002:Agora/X/Y/Z/
	is a simplified, and also working form, working in chat and on the web.
	(by far my favorite)

4°	speculoos.net:8002:Agora
	is "nothing" but the stripped previous form, but it works (for me) with map search and osTeleport functions.

5°	There are issues with Viewer 3, which does not handle any of these forms for HG url. Tweaks do exists, but it's out of scope to include it in function, can be made from the script.

My own feeling would be to implement only the last one, as it's enough for map search, teleport functions and web links.
However,
	- If a function exists to output an url, being able to handle the canonical form is not an option, even it it's not web-compliant.
	- URL/URI standards include the handler (http:// or secondlife://). So if a function requests an URL, it should include the correct url handler.

So, I eventually made 3 output formats for addresses:
	LANDMARK_URL	(secondlife://speculoos.net:8002:Agora/)
	LANDMARK_ADDRESS	(speculoos.net:8002:Agora)
	LANDMARK_MAPSEARCH	(http://speculoos.net:8002/ Agora)
	(which I should probably rename "LANDMARK_CANONICAL")

--
http://www.speculoos.net/
secondlife://speculoos.net:8002/