[Opensim-users] Fucntion to read a landmark

Jeff Kelley opensim at pescadoo.net
Fri Mar 16 23:03:02 UTC 2012

At 6:35 PM +0100 3/13/12, Gudule Lapointe wrote:

> Now, it's time to choose the format of the URL ;-)
>
>	speculoos.net:8002:Agora
>	http://speculoos.net:8002/ Agora
>	secondlife://speculoos.net:8002:Agora/

Form 3 is nice for sharing since it is active (clickable) in almost any
text engine: web, mail, instant mesages, even plain text files. We should
avoid form 2 for this purpose since it will fire the web browser, which is
not exactly useful. Form 1 needs an extra copy/paste.

I use form 1 for LSL (mapDestination, teleportAgent). I strip regionname
(matching .*:.*) and prefix with http:// to do a HTTP GET request before
jumping. And I would LOVE to get automatically the grid coordinates from
the grid server.

BTW, typing http://speculoos.net:8002/ Agora (space included) in the map
will not link to Agora but with your default region.
http://speculoos.net:8002/Agora will. I see distinct maptiles (but
"destination refused").