[Opensim-users] Possible to display and control Avatars without client's connecting?

Wade Schuette wade.schuette at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 19:57:00 UTC 2012

Han, I came across this on Virtual World Professional Networking
discussion in LinkedIn and it addresses your question.
<http://www.linkedin.com/groupfollowing?follow=&followee=24932690&csrfToken=ajax%3A4073995261777415133&trk=gde_fwp_p&goback=%2Egde_69315_member_97145729>

          /Non Player Character walking around at 3DLES. A short video
          demonstrates the NPC in OpenSim. https://www.youtube.com/3dles
          <http://www.linkedin.com/redirect?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eyoutube%2Ecom%2F3dles&urlhash=Hz87&_t=tracking_anet>
          #/

    /Yes I made the NPC. Since Justin CC programmed these functions in
    OpenSim it is actuall quite simple to do.
    Most recent info can be found at http://opensimulator.org/wiki/OSSLNPC
    I placed a script in an object, that script sends all info to the
    NPC wherever it walks on one region. It can not cross regions yet.
    It can not only walk but also fly and land.
    If you want to creat different NPC's you can copy appearances from
    existing avatar using the script on this page -
    http://opensimulator.org/wiki/OsNpcCreate
    the script creates a notecard which you have to copy to your
    inventory and rename. then you can use that 'look' for one of your
    NPC's.
    It works on my OS 0.7.2 but the new 0.7.3 rc1 will have some more
    functionallity like sitting, stand up, and playing animation. (As
    can be seen on the first page I mentioned).

    Hope you get it all working.

    Nick - 3DLES
    /