[Opensim-users] Possible to display and control Avatars without client's connecting?

Wade Schuette wade.schuette at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 11:00:19 UTC 2012

Han,

I've done this in Second Life, but never tried this in OpenSim.  I'm not
sure it will work, but certainly would be one way to get started fast if
it does.

To control an avatar "bot" in Second Life,  I use an existing paid
service, Smartbots.
http://www.smartbots2life.com/

That company is based in Russia and the documentation in English is a
little bit sketchy, but it works fine and seems very reliable once you
figure it out.

They have an entire activity and behavior scripting language for the
avatars that I haven't really gotten into yet.

A community of people controlling bots can be accessed here:
http://www.chatbots.org/
It's remarkable what other people are already doing, and worth an hour
to just browse!

For independent conversational ability,   you can use an Artificial
Intelligent conversation background program like ALICE .  It's not super
smart but it can carry on a sales talk or act like a hospital patient.

http://alice.pandorabots.com/

Keep us posted of your progress -- it sounds fascinating.   If you care
to share,  where are you going with all this? What is the dream world
you are planning to create?

Wade