[Opensim-users] tools for translating tif-based COLLADA (.dae) into jpg-based COLLADA?

Han Xu xuhan15 at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 1 12:47:44 UTC 2012

Hi All,

Recently when I tried to import models downloaded from the internet into my
OpenSim/SL Viewer virtual world. I find out that the reason that some
models lose texture after import is that the collada file is tif based, by
which I mean the texture images are in tif format which is not supported by
the SL Viewer. So I manually translate those images into jpg format and
then modify the dae file (a kind of xml) correspondingly. Finally it works!
But with some manual effort.

So I am wondering if there is any existing tools that can translate
tif-based collada into jpg-based? Thanks!

Best,
Han