[Opensim-users] PhyFPS

Karen Palen karenpalensl at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 16:43:28 UTC 2010

If you read the commentary by the Intel team that managed to get 1000 users
on line in one sim, they too comment on this.

They used dozens of computers linked by a gigabyte LAN.  This was reasonable
for their goal - which was a corporate meeting type of setup and would
logically be conducted via the internal LAN system.

It would be interesting to see some real tests using an Internet connection
would work. All I can say is that with a consumer cable setup things work
fine with up to 5 users!  I would certainly agree with the 200Kb/s per user
number though.

With 150 users on line that works out to a pretty robust commercial grade
Internet connection - about 30Mb/s!

Karen